FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

This topic contains 745 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 48 posts - 701 through 748 (of 748 total)

• Day 27 UK CD

Ate A Lot of eggs & red rice yesterday…broke my 43hr fast with an egg, tomato & avocado salad at 4pm… then hot rice salad at 7pm… followed by chocolate & banana rice pudding at 7.30pm! But this morning I’m 0.5kg down at 65kg! No idea what’s going on tho I’ve drunk a lot of water this last 48hrs – around 2-3litres/day. I may even just about reach my end of February target – finally off the plateau, albeit by 0.3lb 😀

Slept for almost 11hrs last night & a gentle start with late rising, yoga & meditation. time for a couple of hours at my desk catcing up with a some projects then into town for a gentle training event. I’m helping out – and hoping to pick up ideas for an event I’m leading at the end of April. Trying to get my head into a good place and live gently today.

Wishing you all gentle minds and wise decisions today – even in the midst of the maelstrom x

Day 27 Melb Aust, FD800

Have gone okay today – around 700 cals, which is enough. Have been regularly only eating between midday and 8 p.m. Haven’t seen much difference in weight loss/ shape, but definitely less evening reflux, so will continue with it.

@michelinme, yay for the weight shift off the plateau. It must have been so frustrating to just stay there!!!!

Thanks for those who advised re weighing-in times at the end of the month. Seems like lots of people are very busy as the end of February looms – stay strong!

Day 17- Atlanta, Ga- USA

The scale was nice to me this morning. Down another pound. Excited to see what tomorrow holds for the final weigh in. February has been good to me. Looking forward to March. This WOL is truly the best way of living.

Day 27 – Ireland – NFD

Today should be a FD like my usual Wednesday but I have dinner out with friends tonight so will choose well but will invariably head upwards tomorrow 😂
    Weighed today and am very happy to be 0.3lbs off my target for February so may switch my weigh day to 1/3/2019 instead or just be happy with what I’ve managed in February…
    @judyjudes you are doing much better than I am on the sugar free challenge but I’ve surprised myself by staying off it for most of the month and definitely have a clearer brain…
    I’ve stayed off alcoholfor the month also for all but one night of catchup with friends and that too has helped enormously with mood and foggy brain.
    Looking forward to March – where I will aim to stay at the same weight as will be off on my ski trip so it is unrealistic to think I’d loose anything with chalet food and après ski etc.
    Thank you @at for looking after us this month and @snowflake56 for offering to do the same next month..you will be a fantastic host and well done on figuring out the spreadsheet 👍

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 27 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday’s FD went very well – 164 calories with my apple and miso soup. Lots of water and tea. Keeping very busy with our museum, due to open the 3rd week in March.

Breaking my fast shortly with 1/2 of a grapefruit and a bran muffin.

Onward and downward.

Day 27. UK. F800

Hi Everyone

Yesterday turned into a CD. No excuses other than my other half made me an omelette for lunch after I’d already eaten, but still ate it! Then I ate my planned evening meal too! Had around 1000 cals in all which is a lot for me. Must admit I slept very well on a very full tummy.

Today is going to plan. Glugging water, had a light lunch. Cod, creamy leeks & cabbage for later. Hoping for an overall loss this month but looking doubtful. My early losses of the month have returned. Never mind. I’m still lighter than I’d be without mindful eating so that’s a win.

@jaifaim. I must admit omitting sugar is easy for me. I lived through the sugar shortages of the 1970s so I wasn’t allowed sugar in hot drinks or added to cereals. We didn’t have many sweets, cakes or pop either. So never really had a strong sweet tooth, although I will admit in my pre coeliac days I enjoyed home made cakes and stuff. My drinks of choice are water, tea & coffee. Very little alcohol and no pops or sodas etc.

@michelinme fantastic news that you’ve come off your plateau! Well done. I thinking of making your oak recipe bread as I can’t wait until I’ve used all my other up lol. It’s been tormenting me since you posted it. I love oats, and I love a slice of bread once or twice a week.

@redrockgirl302 You woundnt be able to add me I don’t think. I’ve got tight settings due to my previous career. What do you look like lol

@ciren2 I’m sure you rock your postie outfit 😉

I hope I havnt missed any one, apologies if I have.

Peace & Love 💖

Day 27 – USA – NFD

Working some very strange hours these days and if I don’t eat something in the a.m. hours, I will not eat again until later in the evening…don’t like to sleep on a full stomach and it doesn’t bode well with my 16:8 normal schedule…I know it’s temporary, but it’s annoying to have to switch my eating hours around. Wah. Okay, rant over.

At my lowest today of 142.8! Not looking too wrinkly, and just in time for the seasons of wearing lighter clothing. I’m very grateful to you all and this forum for my successes and for coming alongside me in my dips and rants.

Day 25
    Florida
    NFD
    Sunny this morning, possible rain in the afternoon. Finally got an antibiotic and starting to feel better. Now if this cough would leave. Ugh! Thankfully I feel better and will be going with our shell group on a trip to an island to look for shells. I’ve never been there and looking forward to it.
    @snowflake56, @debster251,@RedRockGirl302 thanks for taking the time to look at my painting. I am on Instagram. @snowflake I thin the paints down. Some people use Elmer Glue to add to the paints and mix real good. Then add all colors in one cup and flip it on the canvas. I just let it do its own thing and you never know how it will turn out. Check YouTube for other ideas.
    Have a great day.

Day 27 California. NFD

Today is a long work day with a board meeting so no fasting today. I plan to fast tomorrow and weigh on Friday morning for the best chance at results.
    I’m starting to think drinking alcohol no longer agrees with me as the last three times I’ve had any my stomach didn’t seem to appreciate it. Weird as I don’t drink often or much (1 maybe 2 margaritas at most),

Day 27 Canton OH, Fast800

Weigh in tomorrow Arghh!!

@michelinme congrats on getting off the plateau

Will check in later to read posts

Day 27, Emden Germany, FD800

just lost my post, new attempt.

thank you all for your encouragement and sweet words! Send me to a hospital and I know I will be fine, hosting a challenge is something on another level.

@michelinme the bread is delicious. Used whole and porridge oats, 1,5% yogurt and a handful of sunflower and linseed seeds each. It was so easy to do, it’s moist, has a beautiful, tasty crust and tastes as well before as after a night in the freezer. We plan to do another challenge next month: to cook or bake something new every day. We tend to eat the things we like over and over again, so it’s time for a change.

@ccco my MIL is on the stage where she doesn’t recognize anyone anymore. When she is upset, she calls my husbands name over and over again but when he is with her, she doesn’t know who he is. When she was angry at the beginning of having dementia, she was the most angry on the ones that cared for her, my SIL and my BIL. To others she could be very nice. Perhaps she felt safe to show her anger to the carers, we don’t know.

@dingping and @jaifaim I got a bit carried away after finding out how to do a spread sheet, so I thought, if I can do a spread sheet, I can host a challenge. That’s how it goes!

@metatauta congratulations on a new low!

Pocket list day 27

@daffodil2010
    @dingping
    @flourbaby
    @judyjudes 800
    @neilithicman 800
    @betsylee 800
    @basyjames 800
    @snowflake56 800

Have a nice day everyone!

USA Day 27 FD

Kinda of busy today but checking in for accountability!

Adding myself to the pocket list.

@daffodil2010
    @dingping
    @ccco

Hope everyone is having a great day!

USA Day 27 FD

I think I added myself to the wrong pocket list, so am doing it again! LOL

@daffodil201
    @dingping
    @flourbaby
    @judyjudes 800
    @neilithicman 800
    @betsylee 800
    @snowflake56 800
    @ccco

Day 27: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Still bothered by this awful one-sided headache. Seems to be radiating from the corner of a watery eye, which is very tender. Pain killers don’t touch it.

Day 27 – UK – FD 500
    Day 26 – NFD 👿
    Day 25 – FD 800

Goodness me didn’t realise it was that long since I last posted 😞 I have been enjoying the glorious spring/almost summer like weather we have been having and been making the most of the great outdoors.

Had a brilliant yoga class this morning then went for a light brunch with a friend followed by a quick hike up one of our local fells. Back home for a lovely hot shower before heading out for a fabulous deep tissue body massage late afternoon. Decided to make it a 500cal FD so a lovely self care day!

@emma-taylor saw that on Friday it was 50 years since your mum died – that seems so long ago – must have been so hard for you and your brothers and sister – thinking of you all 🤗
    @matpi – we all really enjoyed If Beale Street Could Talk – I would certainly recommend it – beautifully filmed!
    @wacm – well done on shaving 6 minutes of last year’s time of the Papotowai Challenge – Hope you had a fabulous birthday on the 25th sorry I am late with my best wishes to you 🤗
    @miraclelou – was it really a year ago that you were with us??? Welcome back and the March Challenge is set up ready for your new start – looking forward to having you rejoin us x
    @cornish-jane – re being stuck on a plateau – have you revisited your TDEE?? In the past I found it very helpful to eat to the TDEE for the weight I wanted to be and making sure that I did not overestimate my exercise level!!!) I also kept a calorie counted diary for a week to make sure that I was not underestimating what I was actually eating……..
    @daffodil2010 – letting any dragon out of the cage happens to us all – did to me last night for no reason!
    @diggly – of course we will have you join us in the March Challenge – no need to ask – always welcome
    @betsylee – you weigh whenever suits you – personally I record after my last FD of the month and use that at the start my new month too as it is usually my lowest weight and a good incentive 😉
    @snowflake56 – great job with setting up the March Challenge and a lovely spreadsheet with new colours for a new month – everything is working well. I certainly don’t mind you borrowing my words as I did the same in the past 🤗
    @beedoo – I did wonder where you were – great to hear from you – how fab to remain in maintenance despite being sleep deprived and worried about your toddler 👍
    @kaywesterman – thank you for the link re your paintings – I love your use of colour – very talented!
    @ciren2 – what a shame about the sale of your flat – fingers crossed that the right buyer will come sooner than later for you
    @michelinme – thank you for your bread recipe – shared it with OH who is the bread person in our house – he will try omitting sunflower seeds (too much omega 6 – wrong type of fatty acids, causes inflammation and is a fat that is stored – he uses linseed, pumpkin and poppy seeds – Omega 3 is much better for you apparently) and replacing baking soda and salt with yeast – he has no added salt to his diet at home.
    @northerndawn – hope you and all the family are safe in that all that snow – take care
    @cornish-jane and others involve in the talk about going grey – I started in my early 30’s and just could not bear going grey at that age so have been colouring my hair since – the problem is that now in my early 60’s I’m just not brave enough to stop……..
    @therealwil78 – well done on that 5lbs lost so far this month 💪
    @neilithicman – another 2kg bites the dust – great job!
    @ciren2 – if that headache does not settle down – might be worth getting yourself checked out…..

Tomorrow is the last day of this shortest month challenge – thank you to all of you for keeping it all going whilst I went AWOL a few times during the month – TOGETHER WE ARE DEFINITELY STRONGER

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 27 Belfast NFD

I started a new yoga class this morning. While it doesn’t have the mindfulness and rhythm of my last instructor, it was certainly challenging and if I stick at it, my flexibility will certainly improve. 4hrs in the garden this afternoon has just about done for me!
    So, I have been experimenting with Kombucha since Christmas. My batches have all been very acidic. At the beginning I was using fancy organic tea, but this time I used bog standard builders’ and hey presto, I seem to have got a lovely slightly fruity, slightly fizzy drink. Any fermenters out there with any tips?

@kaywesterman is it oil or acrylic you’re using. Looks like acrylic? You’ve inspired me to experiment.
    @metatauta – Congratulations on that low. I was just wondering how your kefir was coming on?

Looking forward to waving this month goodbye. Not my best. 😏

I listened to an interesting talk on Radio2 today. A Dr Simon Cork, a neuroscientist at Imperial College, discussing losing weight and keeping it off.
    https://theconversation.com/amp/how-to-lose-weight-and-keep-it-off-according-to-science-110674?__twitter_impression=true
    Quite an interesting talk but quite a lot that we already know here

Winding down this evening.

Sleep tight!

Day 28. Already. NFD

I tried to post last night but it got lost. Grrrr.

Had a really lovely day with my siblings to mark our mum’s 50 year anniversary. I think it was the best day we have ever spent together. I think we all finally grew up, and behaved like adults instead of reverting to our familial roles. And we had a lot of fun and laughs. We decided to meet up yearly ( we do meet up with our stepbrothers and sisters every year, with offspring – a much bigger gathering …). So a win. Hurray.
    @michelinme. – we are off to Hampton tomorrow for a swim, weather permitting. We live in Earlsfield, so it’s a train straight through. Your bread recipe sounds great. I’m going to try it. I’m a hopeless cook, so wish me luck….

Day 27, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Quick check in. Busy day. Fighting a beginning cold. Hopefully I can beat it.

Hope everyone had a good Wednesday! 🥀

Day 28 Melb Aust CD

After good FD yesterday – Yay, weighed in this morning and I’ve lost about 6 lbs this month. Now, that might not seem a lot to some, like @neilithicman, who has been zooming down in weight, but for me it’s a steady loss, and just something to continue with.

Keep on the downward trail, fellow 5:2ers, and see you next month!

Day 27 Ohio, US — FD(#59)
    Day 26 — NFD

Yesterday was a good balanced NFD, and the FD today has gone well.
    Time for the monthly taking stock. I ended January at 175 lb (79.4 kg) and now am at 173 lb (78.5 kg), so perhaps a loss of half a pound per week. I guess I had hoped for a bigger loss, especially since I’ve been doing 4:3 for most of the month.
    Maybe I’ve hit a plateau, maybe I should look more carefully at what I’m doing on NFD’s. I keep a daily food diary, so I don’t know what more to be aware of. I guess this will be the puzzle for March.

@betsylee Congratulations on the weight loss. 6 pounds IS zooming down. Keep up with the downward progress!

@redrockgirl302 With any luck that cold is history by now! Hope you shake it off fast!

Day 28, Cornwall UK, FD

Thanks for all the experiences of grey hair transitions! You are all so positive which is encouraging. My 2 closest friends (who dye their hair) think it will make me look much older, but i think they are expressing their own fears rather than what might be right for me! Its almost a feminist thing – to be free to be ones-self and be accepted without the need for excessive primping and preening. There is a family wedding in Sept – so maybe after that – i will grow out my dark curly hair, get a short cut and some nice woolly hats!

Its been a plateau month for me. Thanks @at for hosting. And for all of you encouraging me to keep going and take an honest look at my non-fast day consumption. See you in the March challenge – with an update on our b&b project and the curious bullocks!

Day 28. UK. F800

Good Morning All 🙂

Weighed in this morning and overall I’ve lost 1.3lbs in February. Mid month I had lost a total of 2.8lbs but my weight does yo yo up and down …. clearly I’ve finished on an up yo lol. But I’m very pleased I will be starting the March Challenge lighter than the previous one. This year I’ve lost 8.4lbs. So every little bit does help.

When I went to add my figures to the spreed sheet the names were not lined up with the columns correctly. Is this the same for everyone or is it my iPad? I still was able to add my numbers as I recognised my previous inputs.

I had wanted to give blood this month. However if you’re being investigated for low thyroid or are have not been on a steady dose of thyroxine for at least 8 weeks you can’t donate. Maybe later in the year once I’m sorted.

@kaywesternman I’m going to read back over the thread as I seem to have missed the link to your work that I’ve seen other posters comment on. It all sounds very exciting !

@at Thank you so much for hosting February. With out you and the wonderful people on this thread I’d not be where I am in my journey.

@snowflake56 Thank you for picking up the gauntlet from @at. It’s very generous and kind of you.

Looking forward to seeing you all in March 🙂

Peace & Love

Day 28 Herefordshire UK NFD

Gosh the last day! Not a bad month for me eating & fasting wise and body shrinking has been happening. Not weighed myself for months now but the clothes are telling me I’m going in the right direction!

Congratulations to others on a downward trend wether loosing Ilbs/Kgs or just ounces/grams, it’s all a loss. As someone who saw my weight creep up every year, staying put can even be a win! Commiserations to those struggling on a plateau or just struggling, stay strong, stay here, things change and your time will come again.

@snowflake56 – isn’t it great discovering we can do something new, especially when working it out by ourselves, well done!

@emma-taylor – so pleased you had the best day ever with your siblings, your mum would have been so pleased to see you all enjoying each other’s company whilst remembering her.

@at – many thanks for being our gentle guardian through January and February, your hosting was a perfect start to the year. Hope you enjoy this clip which demonstrates my appreciation.

https://youtu.be/Jo41y-kZ9WY

Thank you @snowflake56 for fearing the fear and doing it anyway and grabbing the hosting baton, a lesson in inspiration right there!

Ta everyone x

Day 28 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Lost my blinking post 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

Still on the plateau, hopefully March will be better. Keep on keeping on, what else is there to do?

Final day of February FD
    So many thanks to @at for rising to the challenge and keeping us on the straight and narrow for two months. As usual, @at you did a stellar job. 🥇💐
    Where did this month go? My weight is up today considerably despite having been pretty sensible??? Sigh😡
    Bring on March!

Day 27 – Ireland – NFD

Today is my final February fast day as had to break routine and have a NFD yesterday.

1.4lbs off my February target this morning as predicted after a meal out last night my weight went back up and I could have chosen lighter options on the menu but… it was a special night out with friends. I’ll fast again today and update my total February loss on the spreadsheet tomorrow. So far I’m down 3lbs since January 31.

There has been some incredible weight loss/shrinkage this month. Well done to all … imagine where we would be if we were not following this WOL 🤔

@emma-taylor I’m so glad you had a lovely day yesterday with your siblings remembering your mum.💕

@at thank you once again for guiding us through the past two months.🏅

Looking forward to March so see you all there 👍

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list for today:
    @cornish-jane
    @judyjudes (800)
    @debster251
    @jaifaim

Day 28 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

@at thanks for keeping the challenges alive for the past two months 💐

What a month! From you lovely people I’ve learnt about fermenting my own kefir, the best tomatoes to grow and have a healthy bread recipe. Thank you 🌻

February has been an enjoyable month of birthday celebrations for DH and I. Big meal and 🍷 last night so there is no way I am going near the scales this morning, some may say I am in denial 🙈but I prefer to call it discouragement avoidance 😉.

Congratulations everyone for keeping on.

Pocket list for today:
    @cornish-jane
    @judyjudes (800)
    @debster251
    @jaifaim
    @missybear

Day 28, UK, FD

I decided to go back to basics. Going to fast 2 days a week, Mon&Thu, at 500cal, instead of 3 times a week at 800cal. It was easier to get through the FD on 800cal, but it made me feel overall that I’m on a low calorie diet and not fasting. Its ok, I tried and realised its not for me 🙂 . Today is a FD and so far its going ok. We will see. Still on plateau 😡 . Ah well, we carry on, as the giving up is not an option 💪

Thank you so much for hosting February @at, you are a star! 💐 🎖

Looking forward to March, thank you for taking over from @at and being our host next month @snowflake56 🌹

Have a great day everyone, lets do it together in March! ❤

Day 28 – Perth AUS – Keto (low cal)
    Days 23-27 – Keto (low calorie)

Starting weight – 70.7kg
    Monthly target – 66.0kg
    Day 28 weight – 66.3kg

After a major blip due to 4 days of gorging, I went hard and almost got there! I think for me it is better to cut the sugar and carbs right out rather than consuming some within the 800 calorie limit. I haven’t yet mastered sneaking past the sugar demons. Will try a few more weeks of the 800, then it’ll be time up pretty much. I don’t want to push past the 12 weeks recommended. Might try for 10. Then time to transition to 5:2 and steady the ship!

Looks like the ‘easy’ weight loss is over and I’m going to have to work for the last few kilos. BMI is looking much healthier now, but still a little room for improvement. Still carrying a bit around the middle and upper legs too, but I figure once I get back into exercise properly that’ll shift.

I wasn’t so good at checking in here this month, but will aim to do it through March, because together we ARE stronger. Hope to see you all in March, be it in maintenance, shredding (you hardcore people, you!) or chasing the kilos like me.

And last but most definitely not least, THANK YOU @at for so awesomely hosting us 🙂

Day 28. 2nd Post.

@michelinme Just had to post to let you know that after rising & showering and pondering what to have for lunch I caved in a made your oat bread. I did a few tweaks, so I swapped some oats for oat bran and as I only had 300ml of Greek yogurt I made the shortfall up with 1/2 fat creme fraiche. I also have some mini loaf tins so I baked 4 mini loafs rather than I large one. I worked out all the macros for my amended recipe and it has plenty of protein, fibre and healthy fats per portion. A 1/4 small loaf (4 mini slices) comes in at 190 cals so will be useful for a lunch with a topping of either butter, avocado or peanut butter 😋. The mini loafs are perfect for portioning up and freezing too. Thank you again for sharing!

@kaywesterman I found your link for Instagram and your artwork is fabulous. Talented lady.

Peace & Love 💖

Day 28 Melb Aust 1400 cals

Today was meant to be a CD – ah well! Still well under my current TDEE. Like @shinything, I’ve been experimenting with what suits me. Currently I try for 3 FD800s interspersed with 3CDs, and a NFD on Saturdays, below TDEE if possible. By aiming for more, it means an occasional failed day doesn’t hurt greatly.

Thanks for the encouragement re my weight loss, but really – I have WAY MORE to lose than many of you, and as @at often quotes (and I’m mis-quoting) – we need to be happy where we are because we certainly were not happy where we were. You have come so amazingly far, so celebrate your wins.

Me, I’m only near the start of my journey, with another 24 kg (about 53 lbs) still to lose, so the losses are more. I was hoping for greater weight loss, actually, but it’s twice as much as January, so I should be happy, too.

@at, thank you for your amazing oversight this month as well as January. This forum is a huge help!

Day 28: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Last day and, again, no FDs for me this month…nevertheless I’ll hang around, if that’s ok, trying to pick up the vibe…
    @at: Thanks for hosting two months in a row. You’re great!
    @dingping: How do you not weigh yourself when you’re shrinking? Are you not seething with curiousity??
    @snowflake56: Now for March. Just get hold of that link…

Day 28 USA (Illinois) NFD

Congratulations to everyone who made it through this nice, short month! I am happy to still be at maintenance of where I began this month (162# – 73.4 kg). Doing 6:1 allows me to indulge a bit on the “6” but not gain. LOVE LOVE LOVE this WOL.

@at – you have been just amazing in your care for us all! Thank you ever so much for taking the extra task of February with January!

@snowflake56 – looking forward to March!

Onward and downward.

Day 28, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Last day of a short month and I am at the lower end of my maintenance range.
    😊

@matpi: Thanks for the good thoughts 😊but, unfortunately, my cold decided to stay and annoy my nose, throat and sinus. Staying at home with lots of tea and resting.

@judyjudes: same here, very strict FB privacy. 😊

@at: Thank you so much for hosting another month! 💐

Have a good last day of February! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 28 California FD

Final push to reach my goal weight for February. It will be a little tough today because I was at work late yesterday and I’m not feeling 100% but I have hopes for my weigh in tomorrow.

Thanks so much @at for hosting.and I’ll see everyone in March

USA Day 28 FD

Thank you AT for hosting this month, which turned into my most successful month! Down 4 lbs.!!

Adding myself to the pocket list:

cornish-jane
    @judyjudes (800)
    @debster251
    @jaifaim
    @missybear
    @ccco 800

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 28, Emden Germany, NFD

weight the same as at the beginning of the month, 57 kg. Pleased with that, didn’t take too much effort, being busy helped a lot.

@at thanks you so much for being a wonderful, caring host for the last two months! x

I hope to see you all at the next challenge!

Have a nice day/evening everyone!

Day 28 UK FD

Yesterday’s CD morphed into a NFD for the first time in a while. I took a packed lunch with me but had an awful journey & only just arrived in time for the workshop. Long/short…I finally ate packed lunch back at home at 10pm, having had 3 gf cocunut macaroons and a heap of gf crispbread! I’d forgotten how many calories are in carbs… O well, live & learn…I hope. OMAD FD today – not drunk enough yet but so far so good. Usual FD stew will get me through, and mindful of final weigh in tomorrow.

Super tired again today – virus still hanging around so heading for a v early night & thankful for a quiet weekend ahead. Did a big shop today and stocked up on enough special offer nuts, seeds, gf oats etc to last me until the autumn – feeling like a squirrel. Also a pile of veggies to batch cook ahead for March FDs – the secret to my slightly more successful Feb has been to balance & plan food, so plan I will!

After 30 years as a veggie I’m going vegan for the 6 weeks of Lent – which starts next Weds. Tho I’m so going to miss butter, cheese & eggs! I’ve a yen to eat simply, mostly cooking from scratch from my store cupboard plus fresh fruit & veg. Not unchallenging but I’m feeling v cluttered atm and have an urge to simplify … I’m hoping it will be a good breathing space & thinking time.

@debster251 thank you for the link to the radio talk
    @betsylee 6lbs in 4 wks is brilliant – well done!
    @daffodil2010 (((hugs))) re lost post 🙁
    @jaifaim well done on your loss!!
    @judyjudes @snowflake56 your breads sound delicious – I’m so glad to share the recipe! I’ll be experimenting with different plant milk yogurts now, to find one that works – the last one I tried came out v stodgy!!!
    @emma-taylor how wonderful that you all came together in a new way for your mum’s 50th anniversary. (I think we may be neighbours – that’s my local station too!!)
    @at thank you for your gentle, thoughtful hosting of the challenge this month 🙂

Pocket List Day 28

@cornish-jane
    @judyjudes F800
    @debster251
    @jaifaim
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @rafiki44
    @ccco F800
    @michelinme

Day 28 – UK – CD

Early morning aerobic class followed by coffee out with OH. A very enjoyable lunch (which will be my OMAD today) with my group of volunteers then back home to catch with the house.

A lazy evening at home so catching up with the forum on the last day of this FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

@emma-taylor – so glad that your day with your siblings remembering your mum went so well
    @betsylee – 💃 for that 6lbs dispatched this past month
    @matpi – just remember that any loss is a positive – you might want to revisit your TDEE???
    @judyjudes – 8.4lbs lost so far this year is wonderful – the spreadsheet is OK so it might be your iPad
    @dingping – clothes are as good an indicator as weighing, especially if you have a pair of fitted trousers or skirt as your measure – you are obviously on the downward trend. Thank you for your kind words and the clip – enjoyed it 😊
    @jaifaim – I’m with you weighing in tomorrow for my final February and starting March weight 🤞
    @missybear – good to hear that you and your OH had a good birthday month and I love your way of thinking “discouragement avoidance 😉.”
    @elektron – great job for the month dropping 4.4kg in the challenge month 👍
    @ciren2 – so glad that you will be sticking with us 🤗
    @redrockgirl302 – wonderful maintenance month for you staying at the lower end of your range x
    @ccco – 4lbs down for the month – way to go!
    @snowflake56 – isn’t maintenance great! Looking forward to joining your March challenge – you will be a wonderful and supportive host xx

For those peanut butter lovers amongst us – did you know that March 1st is National Peanut Butter Lovers Day 😋

Thank you all for your kind words regarding my hosting for the past two months and for your support especially this past month – I have enjoyed it as usual – hopefully someone will put their hand up for April to follow in our wonderful @snowflake56 footsteps – there will always be support from the “oldies” to these challenges for anyone who wants to give hosting a go – the role is a great motivator!!!

We have missed @bert1802 @anna6 @rainbowsmile @lilymartin and others who have been absent for some time – we do think of you all and wonder how life is treating you all 🤗

Huge congratulations to those who lost weight small or large; achieved their goals for the month or have successfully maintained 👏
    To those who seem stuck on a plateau, just think of it this way -“When you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of “rehearsal” for maintenance isn’t the worst thing in the world” 😇
    To those who have struggled or even put some weight back on – Tomorrow is the start of a new challenge – Let us all move forward together “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need tomorrow” 🤗

I love this Winnie the Pooh quote, it applies to our WOL very well I think “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.”

Day 28 – NC, USA – FD

Sorry for going completely MIA for the second part of the month.

Well the month did not go as planned! Gained 2 pounds… Yikes! crazily enough I was down 3 lbs the whole month practically, only to jump up this week. I would love to say I know why and I earned that jump with some delicious treats, but I have barely overeaten (by 150 cal the pas 2 days) so I’m rather baffled.
    I can’t imagine that my starting my cycle could have that much of an effect on my weight.

No choice but to continue moving forward… Frustrating and discouraging as it is, there is no alternative but to persevere. Onward we go! Tomorrow is a new month 🙂

@matpi, Thank you so much for that link about Dr Longo’s website. I find the whole thing fascinating!

Day 29 – NZ NFD
    Finished the month with a 1.7kg loss, didn’t make my goal for the month, but am happy enough. I need to stop thinking that the little extra’s don’t matter and get back to basics. Thank you @at for your wise counsel and inspirational quotes.

Day 28 Ohio, US — NFD

Stayed on target with the TDEE, but wasn’t able to get any exercise in. As I look back at the February log, it seems that the amount of exercise per week has gone down, probably because of the winter weather. So that may be the major cause for the plateau. I’ll try in March to improve in this area.

@at Thanks for the Winnie the Pooh quote. Yes, we shall get there! I think that the reactions to the deep tissue work also helped to slow down the weight loss. With any luck that’s now under control. And you’ve done a great job with hosting these last two months. Thank you so much!

Second post. I forgot to say a HUGE thank you for @at for hosting both January and February’s challenge. For your kindness and support, we are very very grateful! Truly.

Last Post, Cornwall UK

This was my ‘practising maintenance’ month and in that context can be judged a success!

@betsylee – big congrats on the 6lbs loss this month. You are doing amazing. I remember thinking I was the only one on this forum with a lot to lose but I’m still here 18mths later – fretting about the last few kgs! Keep going – time is your friend and will get you there.💪🤸‍♀️

@michelinme – I am thrilled to hear you will be ‘plant-based’ for a while as i hope you will post some more nice recipes. I was looking at your oat bread thinking i might try making it with soya yoghurt. But might wait until you’ve done some more experimenting!🍞

Final weigh in – Ireland – 168lbs

Down another .2lbs but. 1lb off my February target… think I may still have been on track yesterday but decided with a surprise free evening to bake @michelin’s bread and some sugar free nut bars I found on a paleo site…
    Both were delicious and of course my 🛑 button was nowhere to be found…
    Still I’m happier to have found two yum not-so-bad treats than to have seen that last lb go… 🤗
    I’m not sure who else said it but I’d quite like to expand my healthy eating recipe store this year so I feel like I’ve already achieved something and all thanks to this forum. 🙏
    @michelinme I’m also on the lookout for non-dairy yoghurt – is there such a thing? Turns out I have an intolerance to casein….

Onward and downward ⬇️

Last post, UK

1 Feb 146.5
    1 Mar 144.5

Delighted to have lost a whole 2lbs ie most of my post-Christmas/ busy Feb gain, and had some solid FDs. Also a whole inch from my waist! (and 1.5″ from my carbtastic tum, which is now looking like a slightly smaller peach – and finally noticably smaller than my bust again! 😀

@cornish-jane I hope you’ll be willing to share some of your plant-based recipes & expertise? Altho I’ve had a couple of vegan days a week for a while, it’s a whole new thing to be leaving behind all my usual go-to recipes. And being gf vegan feels a bit daunting, as most things seem to be either/or.

@jaifaim congrats on the loss! Plant-based yogurts include those made with coconut, soya or almond milk. I’m now tinking about getting some bulgarian yogurt culture and making my own for Lent…

Thank you again @at for your wisdom and guidance this month

… Marching onwards 🙂

Dear All

Well we made it – thank so much for participating in the FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE! Without all of you there would be no challenge month…………….

@emma1202 – so nice to have you finishing the month with us – hope to see more of you in March
    @wacm – great job on getting rid of that 1.7kg
    @cornish-jane – well done on that successful ‘practising maintenance’ month of February
    @jaifaim – there certainly is such a thing as dairy free yogurt – several different versions in fact! Alpro, Koko, Tesco free from, Coyo, The coconut collaborative and Provamel to name a few makes.
    @michelinme – well done on making that inch disappear from your waist as well as 2lbs

Final weigh in for me for February is 54.4kg – like @matpi I think that the reactions to the deep tissue work I have been having over this month has also helped to keep me towards the top of my maintenance range – I am still a bit bruised and sore from the last treatment I had on Wednesday!

Thank you all for your lovely comments and hope to see you in the March Challenge with @snowflake56
    I end this challenge with the quote I started it with – ALL OUR DREAMS CAN COME TRUE, IF WE HAVE THE COURAGE TO PURSUE THEM. – Walt Disney

Day 28 – USA – FD

Four FDs this month, and although my lowest was about 142, I bottomed out at the end of the month at 144.4. Still below my target and still within maintenance.

@at, thanks so much for graciously hosting the past 2 months…I still keep a post-it of what you said to me a year ago about the wind causing you to change your sails, and I cherish it very much.

Onwards to March and the big thaw!

Viewing 48 posts - 701 through 748 (of 748 total)

You must be logged in to reply.