FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

This topic contains 745 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 748 total)

• Day 18 Belfast FD
    2lbs of holiday excess baggage despatched just with a sensible day yesterday. Easy on, easy off 😀 So I’ll try the F800 for a week or two to despatch those holiday pounds and get back into maintenance. And back on the no sugar wagon.
    @betsylee maybe cutting your carbs, particularly sugar might help?
    @daffodil2010 thanks for that. I’m off to get some seeds.

Starting today’s pocket list:

@dykask. WF
    @chipmunk F800
    @betsylee.
    @elektron
    @judyjudes F800
    @daffodil2010
    @diggly
    @missybear
    @debster251 F800

Onwards and downwards everyone.

Day 18 second post (late evening)

@debster251, Yes, I’ve wondered about carbs. I’ve decreased them a lot, but…. that ice-cream!!!

Anyway, kind-of a successful “semi” fast day – my FD800 became about 920cals, but better than higher!

Day 18 UK FD

After unhelpful weekend today I’m feeling bloated and back up a whole kg to 66.5kg! But yesterday was tranistion back into healthier food, so hoping that plenty of liquid and a solid FD will help.

I’ve also planned ahead for conference days this week and shopped for packed lunch. Fridge now loaded with picy salad leaves, lentil sprouts, avocado & beetroot, different proteins (spicy vegan sausages, hard boiled eggs, tofu), plus clementines, bananas and apples and a different graze snack box for when I’m flagging each afternoon/early evening. That sould hopefully keep me away from the easily available pastries, sandwiches, chocolate, crisps etc. I’m also going to take peppermint tea bags & some grated ginger so I don’t mainline coffee but keep hydrated & help my ongoing bug.

Week 2 of feeling sick and I’m at the barking cough/headache/earache/tight chest stage. Waking myself several times at night coughing, now keeping a flask of fresh ginger tea next to the bed. I think this might be the bug my DD had in November; she was in bed for 2-3 days and ill for a couple of weeks. If so, i’m doing OK on it so far! Planning for focused days & v early nights so I can get ahead of the backlog before the conference hits from Weds. SO pleased to be going on retreat this weekend – whatever happens, silence and sleep lie ahead!

@betsylee as I recall the waist is the last thing to shrink – for me it was bust first, hips second, waist last! And worth remembering that not all calories are created equal – carbs and sugar are far more likely to cause puffiness and fat suit inflation than other things. You might want to consider either changing your treats or reducing their frequency? I know my tastebuds have changed enormously, nowadays I’ll usually only crave carbs or sugar when tired or out of sorts. Things that used to be regular *treats* became habits, but are now once a week or once in a while 🙂

@betsylee I initially lost 6” from my waist, which was great. HOWEVER, now I’ve lost most of the weight I’m still left with a larger than desirable middle I.e. 33” waist with a BMI of under 24, I do indulge in too many sugary/carbs, which I’m trying to cut out. @michelinme’s words are so true. Not all carbs are equal. Isn’t it finding that fine line between abstinence and having a treat.? There’s nothing else for it…. keep on keeping on!

Day 18 – UK – FD
    Day 13 – 17 – NFD

No fasting since I was last here but back on track today – generally not been feeling with this WOL for the past week for some reason – but pulling myself back on track with a FD today.

Started the day with my usual Broga class this morning – hard work on the legs today but a great sense of accomplishment afterwards. Had a lovely skinny flat white afterwards and been drinking plenty of water!

Great to hear that many have whooshed… something I’ve never experienced in my 5:2 WOL – I was a slow and steady type of person until I experienced a 3 month plateau but then found motivation by joining these challenges and lost those final 3kg in my first 5 weeks on the challenge – so grateful to have found the November 2016 Challenge hosted by @back2thefuture

I feel for our American friends who are digging feet of snow……..we don’t get anything like that here which is why our systems cannot cope when we get a few inches……Hope you are all keeping warm and safe!

@mogaman – lovely to hear from you and that your 9 day road trip went well 🤗
    @wacm – I googled your Papatowai Challenge – that’s on Saturday – you can do this and the scenery looks amazing – are you walking/ running or a mixture of both? 🏃‍♀️
    @gretta – the honeymoon in Japan is well underway bow – hope the skiing is fab for you ⛷
    @jaifaim – loved your motivational message on Day 13
    @flourbaby – 🤣 you have a great way with words – I do think I have a strong willpower but I have to admit to falling off the wagon every now and then BUT never for long as I never want to go back to the person I was way back in 2013 – it’s what keeps me motivated with continuing with this WOL – so doable and I can still enjoy treats just not every day………..
    @coda – an inspiring post reminding us that small targets are achievable and helps us to feel good too x
    @debster251 – great to hear that you had a fab week of sunshine – those pesky lbs will soon be dispatched with a return to this WOL
    @northerndawn – good to hear from you and hope you recover before you go to look after the grandkids!
    @michelinme @ciren2 @matpi and any others suffering – quick recovery to you all
    @bert1802 @anna6 – I do hope that all is well with you and that you are lurking in the background – we are missing you xx
    @rainbowsmile – will you be back to set up the March Challenge?? I remember you saying that February was going to be an extremely busy month for you – we have missed you 🤗

Right off to get ready to meet my regular Monday afternoon group for coffee (sparkling mineral water for me) then for a pilates class – No yoga this evening as my teacher has taken half term off with her boy!

Must stay focused on today’s FD so might well pop back on here later for motivation.

Joining @debster251 today’s pocket list:

@dykask. WFD
    @chipmunk13 F800
    @betsylee.
    @elektron
    @judyjudes F800
    @daffodil2010
    @diggly
    @missybear
    @debster251 F800
    @at

“When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love” Marcus Aurelius

Day 18 USA (Illinois) NFD

Did pretty well over the weekend – maintenance going fine. Our combined church choirs number at yesterday afternoon’s Hymn Sing was a great success and oh so fun.

Busy day again today, but getting to Silver Sneakers this morning to exercise, P.E.O. afternoon meeting, then Choral Society first rehearsal and social with “finger food” grazing at the end. I always allow calories of my TDEE for that.

Onward and downward.

Day 18, London, UK, FD800

A very busy day today, so relatively easy fasting.

I hope everyone had a successful weekend whether fasting or not.

Welcome back @debster251, you’ll despatch that excess baggage soon enough, you’ve got the tools!!!

I keep forgetting how effective the 30 Day shred is at toning my wobbly bits, my waist is being whittled as we speak, although I can’t lift my arms above head height …………… who invented plank twists & walking push-ups anyhow!!!?????

Stay strong folks!!

Day 18 – USA – NFD

Hello, all! Still reading posts daily and catching up, usually in the evenings because of my wonky work schedule. Hope those under the weather are faring better; I also miss @anna6, @rainbowsmile, @bert1802

@debster251, I read a post from someone asking you about Bulgarian kefir as being preferable to others…it’s something I’d like to start…can you give me a clue as to how to start and what sources you use, if you don’t mind? @northerndawn, I understand completely the way you feel when crazy-making Cruella jacks you around with 2-3 pound ups and downs. I was 144 yesterday and only ate 2x, the bulk of which was salad and today I’m 147! You will get to your goals with this WOL. It took me 2 years to reach my goal and I highly doubt if I could have done it without the encouragement of this forum, for which I am so grateful!

Day 18, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Very cold, the wind chill 🌬 very unpleasant. Not looking forward to going outside. The icy cold will continue for the rest of February.😟😖😫
    @matpi: Thanks. I love to add some fun emojis to my text. 😊😊😊

Today’s pocket list:

@dykask. WFD
    @chipmunk13 F800
    @betsylee.
    @elektron
    @judyjudes F800
    @daffodil2010
    @diggly
    @missybear
    @debster251 F800
    @at
    @redrockgirl302 F800

Have a good Monday everyone! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 18 second post

need that Pocket list solidarity!

Today’s pocket list:

@dykask. WFD
    @chipmunk13 F800
    @betsylee.
    @elektron
    @judyjudes F800
    @daffodil2010
    @diggly
    @missybear
    @debster251 F800
    @michelinme
    @at
    @flourbaby
    @redrockgirl302 F800

2nd Post

Like @metatauta, @debster251 I’ve Googled Bulgarian Kefir grains but nothing came up. Do you know of a site that I could use please? Many thanks in advance.

OAN I’ve been gardening today and come across those horrible little white grubs that eat plants from the roots up :(. I’ve been a couple of hours trying to pick them out and dispatch them, arduous isn’t the word. Off to google solutions.

Peace & Love

Day 18 California NFD
    Day 17 NFD

@ michelinme thanks for that info on where you lost your fat and in what order. I’ve been wondering about that as my stomach doesn’t seem to be shrinking as much as the rest of me and I’ve been wondering how much more I have to lose to get rid of it!

It’s really cold again here right now and DD’s dog refused to leave the bed this morning when DD needed to leave for work! Smart dog.

It’s a holiday for me so off to meet so,e coworkers and ex. coworkers for lunch and maybe a margarita. At least it’s bright sunlight today after many gloomy days.

Day 18: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Big bowl of porridge for breakfast, about four squares of 85% cocoa chocolate at work. Delivery quite average four and a half hours, but just got a five minute soaking right at the end….tut!
    Big salad sandwich with two slices seeded bread and egg mayonaise, small piece of lemon cake, handful of nuts, whole Ritter bar (marzipan), small piece of cheese, and a bowl of chocolate ice cream (Haagen Dazc)!!
    There, I’ve said it…that is what I eat every day….
    Took the dog for a brisk walk in the park. So, does the exercise make up for the eating….do I kid myself??

@metauta and @judyjudes

Water kefir is fermented from clear crystal-like grains with sugar (although this ferments off) and makes a slightly fizzy pleasant drink. You can do a second ferment with fruit. Milk kefir can be fermented using a different sort of grains and milk and produces a very ‘tangy’ drink which is an acquired taste. If you’re on Facebook, you can get grains free, as they increase and the community will always pass on excess.

I have experimented with both water and milk kefir before settling on the source recommended by @shinything. https://bacillusbulgaricus.com/. This is more like yoghurt and is absolutely delicious. You buy a dehydrated starter pack. Using full fat milk you heat to just below boiling, let it cool till you can hold your finger in it for a count of five, mix in the starter, then wrap up and leave for 12-14 hours. I use a cool bag and some towels. Hey presto! Then you can use a couple of tablespoons of your current batch to make the next batch. Gorgeous with fruit. I also use it for dressings, curries etc. Good luck with your fermenting!

3rd Post

@debster251 Thank you so much. I’ve Order kefir, yoghurt & cheese starters :). Looking forward to experimenting:)

Closed kitchen at 18:00hrs and 780 calories.

Peace & Kitchen

Day 18 – USA – NFD

@debster251, thank you! I made a small $1.99 order and $5.99 shipping, but for a little over $7 it’s worth a try.

Post 4

Peace & Love not kitchen lol

Day 18 3rd post

OMAD FD with steamed cauliflower in a quark, garlic, pepper & cheese sauce; spicy veggie chilli and a hard boiled egg – total 380 calories. Feeling absolutely stuffed, going to have a clementine then close the kitchen, bathe & bed.

I’m tired & grumpy & feeling v open to temptation – Posting here for accountability!

USA Day 18 FD800

Popping in to add myself to the list!

@dykask. WFD
    @chipmunk13 F800
    @betsylee.
    @elektron
    @judyjudes F800
    @daffodil2010
    @diggly
    @missybear
    @debster251 F800
    @michelinme
    @at
    @flourbaby
    @redrockgirl302 F800
    @ccco FD800

Day 18 – second post

@judyjudes and @metatauta you will love the yoghurt and kefir from bacillusbulgaricus.com! You won’t regret it.

I now make the Rose flavoured yoghurt and it is so mild and creamy and delicious with blueberries and walnuts. Just had a bowl now. Even my cat like it. Thanks to @shinything for putting us onto it. In a year I have only reordered kefir grains once, I make many batches.

And @judyjudes I hope you managed to get all those pesky vine weevil grubs 😱 They are the worst thing and total annihilation is the only way. 😨 I suggest a product called Nemaforce……or is it called Nemasys….🤔 It’s a biological solution using nematodes, these guys feed on the vine weevil eggs and hopefully you won’t have the grub problem the following season. I learnt about it when in horticulture college and I douse my plants a couple of times with it when the weather is warmer.

Day 18, UK, failed FD!

It was supposed to be a FD but I failed 🙁 . I think I accidentally went into maintenance mode, and I’m not even near my weight target! That must and will be corrected 💪 . Next FD will be Wednesday 🙂

@snowflake56 I will have to saw my tomato seeds after I get back from my holiday in March, so I will be late, but hopefully still successful 🙏 .

@northerndawn I hope you feel better soon 🤗

@daffodil2010 thanks for the advice on type of tomato seeds x

@metatauta and @judyjudes few of us here get the kefir starter from that site , I’ve used it for few years now and its really delicious, not to mention the health benefits 🙂 . Shame about the shipping @metatauta that’s much more than a cost of starter 🙁 , but yes, I think it will be worth it 🙂 . You can save a little every time and use it for the next batch when you make it, so you don’t have to order it often, @daffodil2010 does it and so do I 😀 . I’m glad to hear your cat likes it too @daffodil2010 as well as @debster251 ‘s dog haha 😂

Have a good day/evening everyone 🌹

Edit: Just to chip in, @judyjudes I think @daffodil2010 meant Nemasys: https://www.nematodesdirect.co.uk/ , I used Nemaslug last year and will use it again this year as it worked well, and its nature/wildlife friendly so no harm to anything 🙂

Day 18 Ireland FD

Back from visiting family, it was lovely, really relaxing and I didn’t really think about fasting if I’m honest. So I am reading all your posts from the past week and thinking about how good you have all been carrying out your FDs while I have been eating lots of bread, biscuits, cheese, crisps and wine among other things! No plans to go near the scales for a while.

@flourbaby I am interested in your thoughts on the 30 day shred – does this work? I had done 5\6 days at the end of January but then got out of the habit of it, might restart if it is good!

Day 19 NSW Australia FD
    11.35am Tuesday

Hi everyone
    Just checking in.

Pocket list for today:
    @arelkade

Enjoy whatever you’re getting up to and bye for now xx

Day 18 Ohio, US — NFD ✔️

A good NFD, although I felt slightly nauseous at work this morning. Fortunately it passed quickly and the rest of the day was good. I did part of my yoga practice in the morning before work and later the other part just before supper.

@shinything A good way to think about the day is that it is a practice for the real FD on Wednesday. And warm-ups are always good!

@ciren2 When you say porridge, can I ask what grain your porridge is made from?

@rafiki44 With the cold weather here my dog is the same way. Usually when I ask him if he wants to go for a ride he’s right at the door. With the cold now he just lifts his head up off his blanket, looks at me, and then burrows his head back under the blanket. I suppose that the warm blanket beats sub-freezing temperatures and wind chills any day!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Day 19 – Japan – NFD

Good fasting to all of the day 18 people still fasting!

@chipmunk13 F800
    @betsylee.
    @elektron
    @judyjudes F800
    @daffodil2010
    @diggly
    @missybear
    @debster251 F800
    @michelinme
    @at
    @flourbaby
    @redrockgirl302 F800
    @ccco FD800

Day 19, Cornwall UK, NFD

Hanging in. Fasted yesterday. Bad weekend. Feeling guilty. 🙄

Day 19 Melb Aust 6 p.m. 19/2, FD800

Okay, doing okay for second FD800 this week. Didn’t intend to fast today, but it’s just happened. Provided I don’t weaken this evening, it will be fine.

@michelinme & @debster251, thanks for the encouragement re waist reduction – maybe I just need to be more patient. Years ago, I would lose weight first bust, second waist, and third hips, but not this time. That’s why I’ve been wondering what’s going on. Also, I’m exercising mainly in the mornings before eating, doing 20 sit-ups a day, and generally not snacking in the evenings. I would have expected some spare tyre reduction by now. Patience, patience. At least I’ve lost several kilos.

@michelinme, hope you’re feeling much better, and enjoy your conference.

@ciren2 – 85% chocolate? That is so brave of you. Like Dr M, I just can’t take anything more than normal milk or dark chocolate, and the milk is much preferred. But, these days I haven’t been eating much, and generally it is milk chocolate with nuts, either hazel nuts or almonds. I comfort myself with the thought that nuts are good for you!!!! 🙂

Day 19, Emden Germany, NFD
    Day 18 NFD

@shinything if my seeds don’t come up well, I’ll buy plants from a lady that sells vegetables at the market. Perhaps something you could do?

@judyjudes I had to look up the black vine weevil, they can do much harm, I read. I hope you can get rid of them.

@debster251 yes, everything in the house has a story to it, but I have the stories in my head, I don’t think we should keep everything people want us to have. A lot of the vases we had (only 22 left of 46 now) come from the time we had a practice, patients gave us flowers with a vase. I always told them, we had vases to put the flowers in, they brought the vases in anyway. We had our failures with colours, sometimes they turn out differently than expected. We had a pig’s pink, coffee brown, a weird blue, a purplely red, all gone. I’m not sure about the grapefruit yellow, it’s a cold yellow, too much white, too little red in it perhaps. Elephant’s breath combined with orange sounds great, orange is such a bright, spirit lifting colour and of course it’s THE Dutch colour. Peacock blue is a good one, we love the combinations of blue with green and blue with a darker red.

Time to get up, have to make an almond pudding for tonight’s dinner.

Have a nice day veryone!

Day 19 – Ireland – FD

Rubbish NFD yesterday …. think I woke the sugar dragon having cake with my dad on Sunday… so was tempted again yesterday… need to put a stop to that today with a FD..

Scales are up again too… ho hum…..

@gretta hope you are having a fab honeymoon!

Have a good day today everybody!

Pocket list for today:
    @betsylee 800
    @jaifaim
    @arelkade

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

B2b FD today. Plan nothing but liquids until 13.30 and break fast with small hombaked oatbran bread sand which with a tiny slice of ham and strong mustard. Love mustard. It’s also supposed to be excellent for ladies of a certain age like myself…supposed to help stave off some hormonal difficulties …so they say!!

Dinner tonight will be a chickpea and pepper chilli which I prepared over the weekend. If I can keep it at that and not have a sneaky muesli bedtime snack (like last night ☹️), then I will be happy.

@betsylee and @ciren2…funny, if I eat 85% choc I can only manage one to two squares. Which is GREAT. But give me milk chocolate….oh goodness me, the chocolate dragon is released. That’s why it’s high cocoa content chocolate for me.

Another fun fact, High cocoa content chocolate is eaten in Peru to help stave off altitude sickness. We were advised to feast on dark chocolate and coca tea, coca leaves boiled in water, on our trip last year. It worked for me ☺️ DH not so much.

Thanks @shinything…it’s called Nemasys….great stuff. I am planning to use the Nemaslug this year too. And BTW, remember, we never fail here on this WOL…it’s just a blip, climb back on. I feel like I am in maintenance too, carrying same weight on and off a few pounds for months……it will happen. Patience and persistence

My garden is awash with crocuses and daffodils and some beautiful irises….Spring is here, yay.

Have a great day fellow fasters.

Day 19. UK. Fast800

Good Morning/Evening All 🙂

Stayed on plan yesterday. Wasn’t particularly hungry last night and slept ok.

@daffodil2010 Thank you. The grubs are awful. The sight of them makes my heart sink. I’m not sure which beetle they are from. I got a bit more educated about grub life cycles yesterday via the internet. I will need to keep watchful. I completely emptied two planters yesterday and washed them out with soapy water. I will re plant with fresh soil and plants when I get some. Im exploring treatments at the moment and I think I’ve seen what you suggested. Thank you.

@shinything thank you so much for the link. I will be ordering some today. Gosh this week is proving expensive. First the starters and now grub treatment, although I like to live it large 🙂

@snowflake56 You are so right. They do do some right harm. I had a lovely bushy red Heuchera in one of my pots. I saw it blowing about the garden, when I picked it up it was just the head of the plant, all the roots were gone 😮. When I dug into the soil from where it came from there was what can only be described as an investation. I’m afraid it made me say a few naughty words 😬. The Lilly bulbs in the same pot (had years), gone! Anyway enough of my moaning.

Wishing everyone a successful day in their quests.

Peace & Love

Day 19, London, UK, FD800

Still hanging in here, I guess because I have a target – B’day celebrations this weekend, then a 4 day skiing trip at the beginning of March – means I’m staying focussed to avoid any guilt associated with cake or Après ski carry-ons!!!!!!

@yellowandblue, I have a real love/ hate relationship with the 30DS when I do it continuously, I see the changes to my body within days, and I love it. Then inevitably I stop doing it & the restart is sooooo difficult, then I love it again and the cycle continues, this time around I’ve set myself a target of having a maximum 2day break if I need it, so I’ll have to do it whilst away skiing!!!!……………………. Oooh, Fun …………………. Not!!!! My advice would be to take pictures, my waist is noticeably smaller, with a hint of rib!!!!

I’m not feeling the usual ‘Phew’ feeling at being back to work where fasting is a breeze, I suppose the 800 cals limit means better control for me because every day is the same, rather than bounding from B2B2B to B2B2B as was my routine, & the weekend did NOT involve any hint of an EFS!!!

Keep the faith people!!! We’ve GOT this!!!

Day 19 Belfast F800

The scales are hurtling down now -4lbs off since Saturday. 😀👍
    @metatauta – as @daffodil2010 says, once you get going you become almost self sufficient and like her, I have rarely bought a replacement.
    @judyjudes I look forward to hearing about your cheese making. And jumping into the nematodes discussion, I used nemaslug all last year (it’s not cheap but definitely worth it) and was delighted with the outcome. I’ve already ordered this year’s quota.

Doggie walk done, now off to Pilates.

I can and I will 💪💪🐉🗡

Day 19, UK, NFD

Off to work in a minute so thought to post for accountability before I leave 🙂

@matpi wise words, I like that 😁 , that’s how I’m gonna think about my FD, just a blip and practice for Wednesday 😉

@daffodil2010 I didn’t know that about mustard, is that what they say? Interesting 😀

@judyjudes I hope that Nemasys works for you, I hate grubs, they are disgusting and so harmful 😡 . If it doesn’t work, try attracting starlings in your garden, they loooove grubs, they’d get rid of them in one day 😉, guaranteed grub free garden, ask me 😂

Have a good day everyone and stay strong, we can do this 💪

Day 19 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Keeping on 😉

Day 19 Herefordshire UK NFD

Had two lovely days with our kids celebrating our DS birthday, much feasting and G&T (favourite tipple) drinking. Home tired but content.

Been out in the garden this morning doing some spring cleaning. Previous owners don’t seem to have tried to keep the moss at bay. Front lawns are 75% moss it would seem and the flower borders aren’t much better – it’s going to be a long job getting it under control. Feeling daunted by the work especially as OH not a big gardening kind of guy. Not sure if I’ll have time and energy to get a veg bed sorted as well as keep on top with the rest of the garden which now seems HUGE and unruly!

On the fasting front I have a family gathering on OH’s side in four weeks time, it would be nice to inch myself down into a new size, I’m in-between at the moment. Going to have to resort to belts for the moment, as the trouser falling down stage is annoying but worth it!

Feel poor at reading posts and responding appropriately but enjoy catching up when I can. Thank you to those that commented on my woes with my mum and her neighbour, my fingers are still crossed where that’s concerned.

@snowflake56 – how lovely to be surrounded by things that tell a story of your life/lives. One of my most precious but valueless thing is a plaster cast of my DS’s upper body made by my DD and then painted in 60’s psychedelic patterns for an art project for school. It represents them both in that brief moment in time. My kids are embarrassed by it, but secretly I think they like that I have it proudly on display. It’s a good art piece!

Have a good day everyone.
    Ta x

Day 19 _ Atlanta, Ga – USA

Sorry for not posting yesterday. Spent the holiday relaxing and catching up on my Netflix shows. LOL.
    My weekend was great. Went back to my hometown and spent time with family. I stuck my FD on Friday really well. Had salads for lunch and dinner. Yippee! But Saturday was a bust. Had pizza and wings. NO bueno! Yesterday was supposed to be a FD, but I gave in to temptation. Instead, I’m going to make it up today. Me and the OH always have a date night on Tues. at a restaurant. Today its Mexican. Gonna have a couple fish tacos to stay on track.

Day 19 – UK – CD?

Yesterday’s FD ended up at 732 cals thanks to those cashews I enjoyed with a cup of tea whilst catching up with OH on the new Crime Drama from the BBC – Baptiste which brings back The Missing’s Julien Baptiste (played by Tchéky Karyo) in a new story set in Amsterdam – We loved The Missing and this new series promises to be as good.

Weight this morning was 54.5kg – still sitting towards the top of my maintenance range……….

Started the day with a lovely long walk with my walking group then our usual coffee and catchup afterwards. A high impact Pilates class late this afternoon with OH then this evening I am going to see Don Quixote – Live telecast from ROH with a 3 ballet friends – it’s opening night had some great reviews! I saw the Bolshoi version last year so will be interesting to compare – I love the ballet so should be a brilliant evening with good company too – perfect ending to a lovely day!

All the talk about Bulgarian kefir got me interested to order some to try – my current kefir grains are from around 3 years ago and I have noticed that it has started to taste rather sour and does not thicken as well as when I started out……

Anyone out there struggling – stay strong and positive – you will get there!!! We all have different paths to the end goal – “You Cannot Change Yesterday BUT You Can Change tToday and Tomorrow!”
    I thought I would remind us all of those non scale victories:
    *Clothes fit better
    *More energy
    *Improved endurance
    *Sleep quality
    *Fewer cravings
    *Feel healthier

Day 19: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD (as usual)!

I was on a different delivery today, just for one day. The lady who is supposed to be doing it has had a bad back and there’s a lot of steps and steep hills on this round, so the boss swapped us! Day off tomorrow.

@matpi: The porridge is made from oats (are there other kinds?) with whole milk. Mmmm!
    @betsylee: 85% chocolate. Well it was an acquired taste, but now I love it.But it has to be Tesco’s own, not Lindt or Green & Blacks, both of which taste disgusting on account of the vanilla flavouring. Milk chocolate is far too weak for me….ha..ha.!
    @daffodil2010: Interesting story from Peru. And, yes, the stronger it is, the less you need to eat.

Day 19 ?CD ?FD

Fabulous reset FD yesterday – yay – I’d forgotten quite how many vegetables you get for your calories! OMAD came in under 600 calories despite the yummy pudding of ff Greek yogurt, raw cacao & nuked banana 🙂

Not yet eaten today so I’m now aiming for a OMAD with early evening supper. I need to drink tons more than I have so far but pleased with the unexpected fasting that busyness brings. So glad I had an early night and got 9hrs sleep – self-care is the most wonderful thing!

I’m feeling pretty prepared for the all-consuming conference – various outfits that just-about fit and look reasonably smart hanging up in the wardrobe, and chuffed as bunnies to have my lovely packed lunch food laid out on a shelf in the fridge. That’s about as much preparation as i can do to avoid the myriad temptations which will be on display all day. Now I need to tidy up odds & ends of project work then look after the inner me – yoga, meditation, good supper and an early night.

Here’s to looking after our future selves! x

USA Day 19 FD800 (16:8)

Thought I’d jump in there and add myself to today’s pocket list.

@betsylee 800
    @jaifaim
    @arelkade
    @ccco

I’ve reading about the slugs. The first time I ever saw one was when I moved to where I live now. They seemed to be in damp areas and are really slimy ugly looking critters! I ams surprised to see they can live in flower boxes. That never occurred to me! I will watch out for them. I am glad to know that if I get them in my flower boxes, I should change the dirt to fresh dirt.

I thought I would have renewed energy with the FD800 but instead I am tired and not sleeping at night. I hope that changes soon. I am eating such a healthy diet.

Have a great day everyone!

Day 19, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Off meeting a friend at a coffee shop nearby. Walking there even though it is ice cold and windy. Have to bundle up. My doggie (a beautiful mix) loves the cold weather and snow. We had his DNA analyzed and he has some arctic dog (malamute or husky) as well as terrier and labrador. ❤🐕❤
    Later Qigong practice.

Have a good Tuesday everyone! ⚘⚘⚘

New Zealand day 20 fast 800

Weigh day today and another 1.4 kilograms gone.

Day 19 – second post

Just popping in for accountability. Was quite hungry at home time so had my dinner almost as soon as I got in the door. Now I am curled up on the sofa with the cat listening to the rain splashing against the windows, glad I am not out there this evening.

I have a full day tomorrow, going straight from work to meet a friend then visit Dad in hospital so won’t be home until late. So it’s relax time tonight.

@judyjudes and others…Re the Vine weevil debate……the adults are nocturnal so you won’t see them unless you go out looking after dark……but, you will know they have got your plants by the notch shaped bite out of the leaves. Once you see this then you know they like your lovely plant and you need to act fast to stop them laying their eggs. It’s those eggs turning into grubs that cause the root damage. So a few doses of Nemasys during the warmer weather should do the trick.

This happened to me a couple of years ago with my lovely Daphne Bohlua….I saw the notches on the leaves, but a few doses of the nematodes killed off the eggs. Plant doing ok now. Sorry about your Heuchera @judyjudes 😔

Day 20, Wellington NZ, NFD

For some reason, actually many reasons, February has been a bit of a bust so far. Family visit, weddings, family gatherings……it is so difficult to maintain eating integrity over these times. Any tips anyone???

And tomorrow I’m off to Shanghai for a week and am already gaining weight thinking about delicious Shanghai dumplings and hand pulled noodles. YUM.

Was .5kg up today so my month is upwards, not downwards already.

I will be mindful while I’m away, and hope lots of walking will help. Mind you it’s about 5-7 degrees (C) so the cold will be refreshing after our sultry (for NZ) summer.

Unlikely to be checking in while I am away, but I will be back in March – with a vengeance – this forum keeps me going. Two steps forwards and one step back is better than two steps forwards and three steps back, right????

Day 19 Ireland FD

I was so busy with kids, appointments, swimming lessons etc that i never got a chance to eat properly so id say total calories for the day around 300

USA Day 19 FD800 (16:8)
    Second Post

I was so busy today getting my tax papers together that I completely didn’t remember that I hadn’t eaten until well into the afternoon! I don’t mind that. When I was younger, my life was always like that. It’s probably why I was always so thin! I wish I could have more “business” in my life. Anyway, I decided to make tomorrow a water fast day. It will also be snowing all day, so I won’t be going anywhere. I always find something to do on those days!

Hope everyone had a lovely day! See you all tomorrow! 🙂

Day 20, New Zealand, FD
    Hello all, sorry haven’t posted over the last few days. Thanks @at for the support for the Papotowai Challenge, I’m walking it, I have done it twice before, so would like to better my previous time this year. My daughter is running it (for the first time) with a friend. It is a beautiful part of the country. Hoping that the FD’s will mean I have less to carry around the course! I’m walking with a fiend who is fiercely competitive and I know who will push me to do my best all the way. I am now looking for another walking event in a month or so to keep me motivated to train. Like these monthly challenges knowing there is a end date (and a subsequent start date) to work towards keeps me on track.

Second post – should read walking with a friend (not FIEND), although in this context she may just be that!

Day 20 – Japan – NFD

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 748 total)

You must be logged in to reply.