FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

This topic contains 745 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 748 total)

• Day 19 Ohio, US — FD(#56)

Just a quick check-in. Regular FD.

Enjoy the full moon!

Day 19 USA (Illinois) NFD

Managed okay yesterday, and a very low calorie day today (about 900) even if they weren’t completely the best choices. Those mixed nuts about do me in….

Onward and downward.

Day 20 – California – NFD
    Day 19 NFD

I’m doing pretty good so far this week mostly because I ran out of cheese puffs and I’m sick of Girl Scout cookies already. That only leaves me with 70% dark chocolate which isn’t really possible to OD on!

Day 20 – Ireland – FD

Good FD yesterday 👍

Have a good day today everybody!

Pocket list for today:
    @wacm
    @matpi
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

It’s officially an NFD but could well turn into an 800 calorie FD. I have a small Oatbran bread with mackerel sandwhich for lunch, then pop home after work to let the cat in and have a quick 250 calorie chowder (brand is Cully and Sully and made in Cork…..seriously delicious), then off to Dublin to meet an old school friend then we both visit Dad in hospital.

She is now a director of the Public Health Service in the south so, whilst really looking forward to catching up, I am also hoping she can give me advice on how to apply for a home care package for Dad for when he gets home. She suggested meeting up so I won’t feel bad about asking for advice ☺️

It will probably be late when I get home. I will try not to have a sneaky snack of late night muesli……it’s become my nemesis. Maybe I should throw it out for the birds, they will get more benefit from it than I will!!!

DH is only back in work 3 weeks and his knee (the one he had surgery on) is giving him serious trouble, swollen, painful, strange lumps sticking out the side of the knee-cap 😱 His job at the airport is very physical, he may have gone back to work too soon. He needs to get back to his surgeon ASAP. One thing after the other.

But me, I have never been healthier. It’s thanks to this WOL. Oh and this is my favourite pick me up when I feel down that weight stays same……

Take a tape measure and put it around your waist then put it out to the waist size you were when you started this WOL. Marvel at the huge expanse of space…that used to be your fat tummy. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done so far, and keep on keeping on.

For clarity, I am now 32″ waist (still big for my size) BUT in July 2017 I was………drum roll…..a 46″ waist 😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨

Have a great Wednesday whatever you may do

Day 20. UK. Fast800

I’ve eaten to plan and got on scales to find I’m up 2lbs. Ba humbug. I was hoping for a small wooshy as I’ve been really good this week. Eaten lower carb and everything. Was down slightly Monday, didn’t weight yesterday and today it’s up. Our bodies and chemistries are strange beasts. I’ll just keep going.

@daffodil2010 that’s a fantastic result, well done! Hope your friend can sign Post you in the right direction.

Peace & Love

Day 20 London UK FD ( finally!)

Joining today’s pocket list

Pocket list for today:
    @wacm
    @matpi
    @jaifaim
    @emma-taylor

Just back from 3 weeks in Italy. There’s a lot of carbs to redress. But it feels very cold back in London, even though it’s a lovely day here. Glad to read all the positive posts. I’ve definitely fallen off the 5:2 wagon, but today I’m getting on it again. H

Day 20, London, UK, FD800

Keeping up with my exercise and seeing results in the mirror, but not on the scales!! Not too bothered though, I much prefer muscles to wobbly bits!!

Wow, @daffodil2010, just Wow…………….. That’s some waist whittling!!! I tore my ACL 95% about 10 years ago and wear this brace when exercising or doing anything requiring twisting turning or that would exert pressure on my knee, it’ll never be 100% so I need to protect it whenever I can.

https://yorkfitness.com/products/york-fitness-adjustable-stabilised-knee-support?variant=53780380309

I use it when doing the 30 Day shred and I’ll be packing it for my skiing trip too, perhaps your OH needs something similar until the knee is stronger?

I’m focussed on the fast800 and not yet feeling deprived or the need to binge on wine or cake (I’ve NEVER said that, ever!!!) This weekend will be a test, wine, Thai meal, cake & more wine …………. Well it will be my birthday!!!

Happy fasting people!!!

Day 20 UK CD

Excellent CD yesterday and, after Monday’s FD, I’m back down to my pre weekend 65kg. Fat suit deflating by the day!

Off to conference with 1 litre fizzy water, keepcup and herbal tea bags, packed lunch /supper of huge salad, spicy tofu sausage, fruit and graze snack. I’ll work out the calories later but hopefully keep me away from the chips, crisps, chocolate and cakes!

@daffodil2010 wowsers! I’m inspired! X

Day 20 Herefordshire UK FD

Why have I just bought sourdough bread and granola when I’m on an FD!

Will keep myself busy today renovating a piece of furniture and doing other bits and pieces around the house.

Fitbit seems to be being ingnored by me, must address that and get moving more consistently and vigorously.

Wow, wow, wow @daffodil2010 – lovely to read your positive and inspiring post and hope your OH gets his knee sorted soon.

@flourbaby – congratulations too, great Fast 800 is working for you. Happy birthday celebrations, wishing them now just in case I miss the day!

Right I must get to it and get busy. Have a good day everyone.

Ta x

Day 10 – Atlanta,GA- USA

Morning all! Yesterday didn’t go quite as planned. Had dinner with the OH at a Mexican restaurant last night. I went over TDEE by 154 cals. I’m doing the 600 cal FD’s. How many of you are doing 800? Which is better? I had great success before sticking to 600. I am a 40 yr. old male. I work out about 5-6 days per week. Mostly weights. Cardio on the weekends.

2nd post

Oops forgot to add myself to the pocket list, that won’t do as I love the group support.

Day 20 Pocket List
    @wacm
    @matpi
    @jaifaim
    @emma-taylor
    @dingping

Ta x

Day 20 Belfast F800
    After a good walk In the hills overlooking the city and a light brunch of spinach and poached eggs I’m feeling virtuous.

Have a good trip @chipmunk13
    @daffodil2010 WOW. just WOW! 👏🥇good luck to OH in fixing his knee.

Off to Dublin tomorrow to look over a house OS is hoping to buy. I don’t think it’s likely he’ll get it, but 🤞 Just hoping not to undo this week’s good work.

Have a good one everyone.

Day 20 USA (Illinois) NFD

Scale is still being quite kind, keeping at maintenance. For me, this is a BMI right at 25, and I consider that healthy enough. More snow this morning moving into freezing rain in a couple hours, so I think I will do a yoga regimen at home today. Schools aren’t closed, but that doesn’t mean things are good out there.

We are working all the time to get our Children’s Museum open, so not any spare time to read posts. Hang in there, everyone.

Onward and downward.

Day 20 Ireland NFD

Just checking in. Impressed at the change in your waist measurements @daffodil2010, well done!! Hearing things like this is very inspiring and keeps me going

USA Day 20 FD

Flourbaby, have a wonderful birthday! Daffodil2010, That amount of loss around your waist is just amazing! I lose weight but don’t seem to be discharging inches, which I could certainly use. For me, I feel the lost inches more inspiring than the scale numbers. Now if only I could do that!

I did something last night I probably shouldn’t have but I did it for inspiration. Because there are so many baby boomers out there, a number of modeling agencies are incorporation divisions with senior models, so I thought I would take a look! LOL There are two agencies in particular, one in London and one in Paris, and a third that grabbed my attention in New York City, that I thought I would browse. Amazing! Well, it goes to show you that even age doesn’t have to throw you off your game! LOL I knew I loved my white hair and it is so shiny!! Anyway, that viewing is definitely keeping me on track today.

Emma Taylor, I so love Italy. There is so much to see and do there! Glad you had a good time!

Adding my self to the pocket list:

@wacm
    @matpi
    @jaifaim
    @emma-taylor
    @dingping
    @ccco

Hoping everyone is having a wonderful day! Watching the snow outside coming down heavily! Saturday is my daughter’s baby shower but I think all this snow will be gone by then and travel will be safe! Tomorrow will be quite warm! I guess today’s exercise will consist of shoveling snow! 🙂

Day 20: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Day off and eating too much. As usual.
    I’ve given my cold to DH, as I feared I would. Thanks, whoever, at work, gave it to me!
    @daffodil2010: I’m amazed by your fantastic success with your waist measurement decrease since 2017. Brilliant. It just shows what can be done when you put your mind to it. Congratulations.

Day 20 Canton OH Fast800

@daffodil2010 that is awesome news! Fantastic job and 2 thumbs up, I would give you 10 if I could 🙂

@judyjudes I feel ya, Bah humbug! Cruella can be no fun at all

@flourbaby happy birthday celebrations!

It’s been a cluster of a day by the way. One awful incident after the other, but no need to dwell on it as everything good or bad eventually comes to an end

Adding myself to the pocket list:
    @wacm
    @matpi
    @jaifaim
    @emma-taylor
    @dingping
    @ccco
    @basyjames fast800

Day 20 – UK – CD

A very drizzly and grey day today – OH and I wandered into the village late morning for brunch – had Chilaquiles – Tortilla Chips oven baked with Re-Fried Beans, Tomato Salsa, Crumbled Feta and topped with a Fried Egg with a semi skimmed flat white 😋(had not eaten since 3pm yesterday!) we then wandered round some shops but did not find anything we really wanted……a lovely mixed vegetable salad with houmous for dinner – will I be tempted with some cashews later?????

After yesterday’s CD weight dropped 300gms to 54.2kg 💃

A very lazy afternoon/evening watching the cricket – One Day International between West Indies and England – brilliant batting by Chris Gayle – waiting for England to start their innings – need 361 to win – will they make it??????

@ciren2 – you know what you need to do – try to omit some of those treats on some days and it will make all the difference
    @neilithicman – 9 kilograms gone in just 4 weeks – you are doing such a great job!
    @chipmunk13 – have a good time in Shanghai and press your RESET button on your return
    @wacm – you can better my previous time – would love to hear how you got on – a “FIEND” will definitely keep you motivated 🤣
    @songbirdme – recently for me it has been freshly roasted cashew (although unsalted)
    @daffodil2010 – hoping that your friend can advise on getting that home care package for your Dad sorted out 🤗 WOW on dropping your waist size from 46″ to 32″ since July 2017!!!!!!! I never thought of measuring mine when I started out but dropping from a UK size 14 to a 8/10 tells me I must have lost a fair bit too……
    @emma-taylor – welcome back – lucky you having 3 weeks in Italy
    @flourbaby – so glad that the 800cals are working out for you – I feel for your OH hope nothing nasty going there

Right England have started their innings so I’m signing off until tomorrow – early aerobics class to start then will be meeting DD and her puppy 🐶 for a walk before a late lunch together.

“Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle = Positive Minds = Positive Vibes = Positive Lives”

Day 20 Minnesota, USA FD 800?
    Day 19 CD at 1200
    Day 18 FD at 800

Thank you for the get well wishes @ciren2, @judyjudes, @matpi, @betsylee, @at, and @shinything! I am feeling much better.
    @chipmunk 13….have a wonderful trip!
    @flourbaby…..I hope you have a great Birthday on the 24th and a fun time celebrating! You’ve been doing so well and I’m sure you won’t go too far overboard!
    @matpi…be careful on those long drives for groceries in this weather!
    @metatauta….Thank you so much for your empathy and encouragement! I guess I’m on a plateau, and when I remind myself of where I was a year or so ago, I know I can’t complain too much. I really appreciate your encouragement, and that of everyone of the people on this forum. I do believe I’ll get to my goal eventually. I’m hoping as Spring comes and I can be more active, and feel generally more energetic as the days get longer, that I’ll be able to start moving downward again.

Quick weather report, though you’re all probably tired of my whining (or is it whinging?) about it:

We just broke the record of 1962 for snowiest February ever in my area! Usually February is one of the least snowy months. It’s because of the unusual mix of more warm moist air from south jet stream with cold arctic air….according to meteorologist, due to climate change.

It’s been snowing since 4:30 AM and now at 4:30 PM it’s just very light flakes. 9 inches today (22.86 cm) on top of about 15 inches still on the ground. It was very pretty, but means unable to get out and about. The piles are so high at intersections we can hardly see around to view oncoming traffic. What a mess if this melts suddenly!

DH did get home early (and very slowly, with 4 wheel drive) to use his new snow thrower…..I think he’s out there enjoying himself. Schools closed again but not extremely cold, so kids are having a blast. Road plows just went by, finally.

It makes it very hard to stay out of the kitchen when I feel stuck so close to it! Another snowstorm expected Saturday and Sunday. So, I’m out shopping or something tomorrow for sure, though it’s suppose to get cold again. I’m getting cabin fever and then I eat out of boredom.

Best to everyone and I will stay strong thinking of all of you sending warm thoughts my way! keep up the gardening talk, please! I’m living vicariously through all of you enjoying your gardens!

USA Day 20 FD800 (16:8)
    Second (and last) Post

It was going to be a water fast day but instead I decided to do a healthy low calorie diet, which I did successfully! 🙂 Tomorrow I plan to do the same . In fact, since it has been snowing all day, I decided to prepare tomorrow’s food already. I closed the kitchen at 647.5 calories! Hurray!

I’ve been coming up with all kinds of foods lately. I really have gotten addicted to avocado toast (using 7 grain bread) with an egg fried in avocado oil, and topped with a dollop of salsa on top. It will be accompanied with a side of one strip of turkey bacon (only 25 calories for the bacon). That leaves me with a vegetable, multi grains, and protein for very few calories (I measure and weigh everything). In my downtown time, I have been browsing the internet for meal ideas. I came across two things I hadn’t heard of before. One said that we shouldn’t be eating whole grain bread because all it really is is dressed up white bread. I don’t agree, so the bread stays. I am, however, thinking about doing the later craze of not eating meat on one day a week (meatless Mondays). Apparently, this could lead up to meatless weekdays and meat over the weekends. The new thought behind this is that we are consuming far too much meat and it’s not healthy. BTW, according to an article I just read, Australians consume more meat than anywhere in the world! Who knew!! I hope I am not getting too radical but I have little to do in all this bad weather and once I get going on the internet, anything can happen! LOL

Saturday is my daughter’s baby shower, so who will can tell where that will take me! Nevertheless, I intend to just party!!!

I hope everyone has had a successful FD or NFD. I am holding your hands and thinking about all of you!

P.S. I am right there with ya, NorthernDawn, with the “bad weather” boredom eating! 🙁

Day 20 second post

goodness, got to leave in 9 hrs and not gone to bed yet, but bag packed and clothse hung up – hopefully up, yoga & meditate before going.

All good with today’s conference but SO tiring! For me, it was a v long day – i don’t have the capacity to do whole days out like i did before my neuro condition. Foodwise I ate all my packed lunch including the fruit & I stayed away from most foods but succumbed to two chccolate bars early evening Somehow chocoalte worked better! So not a CD but around TDEE. Glad I stayed away from carbs tho..

Packed lunch for tomorrow, and will include a pile of clementines this time! hopefully I’ll get a break and chance for fresh air and resetting head… it’s going to be an even longer day & may not be able to post, so here’s me putting down a marker for a CD tomorrow instead of my usual FD.

i’ve skimmed posts & it’s so lovely to catch up with your stories of snow, travels, family, and health. Here’s to a day of wise choices …

Day 20, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Good Tai Chi practice this morning, walked 6 miles and ate too many nuts. 😊🌰😀

@chipmunk13: Have a good and safe trip. Please eat some of these delicious dumplings for me. 😊😊😊

Hope everyone had a good Wednesday! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 21, New Zealand, FD
    Hoping for a good fast day today, I get annoyed at myself spending half the week taking off the weekends excesses, and not making the progress I should be making. Will try and be mindful this weekend and hopefully not put on anything. With the walk on Saturday, I should be ok, but we are having a family dinner on Sunday night to celebrate my birthday on the 25th. With one daughter living 5 hours drive away, we don’t get together as often as I would like. Don’t plan to eat to excess, having the family together is the main thing – not the food.

Day 21 Melb Aust FD
    Day 20 TDEE

Well, okay so far today. Yesterday was meant to be a CD, but I felt so awful all day I ended up eating more and felt the benefit, plus the scales still moved downwards 0.1 kg (did keep under TDEE). Today’s FD is going well so far.

@michelinme, sending you good thoughts for staying strong at the conference! Chips would be my downfall – have to just move away from them. If food is there, I snack.

@debster251, great that the scales are “hurtling down” for you. Great stuff!

@at, good list of the benefits of weight loss. In particular, I’m agreeing with the “feel healthier”.

@ccco, sympathise with the not losing inches plaint – that’s what I’m mainly concerned about, loss of measured cms on my waist. It didn’t start out all that large in comparison with my hips, but I’d have thought there’d be more of a change than there is so far. Sigh! Keep on keeping on.

But. @debster251, on the waist note – major congrats on the reduction in your waist measurement. Wonderful. Interesting comment about dark chocolate and coca in the Peruvian Alps – while the chocolate would be from the cacao tree, isn’t the coca they drink and/or chew a derivative similar to cocaine??? I read sometime that it was chewed to give them energy at the high altitudes, but could become a major addiction problem. Or do I have it wrong? Trying to remember something once read long ago.

Day 21, Emden Germany, FD
    Day 20 NFD

@dingping how nice to have something that reminds you of both your children, that plaster cast is a precious possession. Our lawn also has much moss in it, I like the softness of it. In the summer we play badminton with the neighbours on it. Our plot isn’t that large, only 755 m², so managable, my DH does the things like digging and cuttting trees and hedges, I do the weeding. Can you manage your large garden on your own?

@daffodil2010 I hope your DH’s knee get better soon, does he wear a kind of stabelizing bandage while working?

@northerndawn so much snow! We’re really glad to live in an area without much snow, we only had four days of light snowing this winter. How is the weather in Summer in Minnesota?

Pocket list day 21

@snowflake56
    @wacm
    @betsylee

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Yesterday was an 800 FD in the end despite being an NFD ☺️ Still on the plateau but still going on. Sure what is the alternative?

Another FD today. And tomorrow, DH has basked me to drop him to some work leaving do in a pub and pick him up later (we live in a rural area so no public transport). So for the first time in AGES I will be dry until Saturday……will that make a difference on Saturday morning? Hopefully.

Thanks @flourbaby for the knee support link. I got him one before his operation in December so it was dug back out yesterday, he wore it to work, and great support, no pain. Only problem is that it sets off the security alarms each time he goes airside 😆

Thank you all for your wonderful comments and congrats about the waist whittle. I am horrified to think I was that big, my waist was much bigger than hips therefore serious health problems could have been in the making. But I feel so much better now at 51 than I felt in years.

I met my old school friend last night. She still smokes (we both started behind the school bike sheds 😄) and she has put on a huge amount of weight around her tum. Not being judgemental, it was like old times chatting with her, but I am glad I took stock of myself a few years ago and stopped smoking and lost weight. It promises a healthier rest of days p,ease God.

@betsylee that was me with the dark chocolate and coca tea in Peru. There is something on the coca leaves which helps stave off the effects of altitude (it’s a serious problem for those of us who are sea level adapted……shortness of breath, headaches, digestive issues, and worse), so chewing the leaves helps. While perfectly legal in Peru as an antidote to altitude (we were at 5000metres one day ☺️) there was no way I was bringing any coca tea back with me to Ireland 😱

Have a lovely Thursday everyone. Fast on.

Day 21. UK. Fast800

Ate to plan yesterday. Not weighing as feeling bloated and don’t want to upset myself.

I had a nice surprise today. I got 4 numbers on National Lottery and won £791.00. It was more than normal for 4 numbers as no one won the Jackpot and the funds rolled down 🙂

Peace & Love

Day 21, London, UK, FD800

Mornin’ All!!

Thanks everyone for the B’day wishes, the celebrations start tomorrow and will end on my actual B’day on Sunday, ……………………… Mon- Wed will probably be 500cal FDs to compensate (!) then the skiing trip starts on 28th!!!!

@northerndawn, I’m not only sharing my mojo with all who need it, but the weather here is unseasonably warm so I’m sending that too. The winds heading north from Africa are doing crazy things here, I won’t complain, at least until the premature blossoms & blooms show up!!!!

Some idiot provided a buffet lunch for a meeting yesterday, enough to feed an army rather than the 5 attendees!!!! Our work kitchen was groaning under the weight of M&S sandwich platters, cakes & crisps!!! Hellish!!! One thing I know about myself that I need tattooing on some obvious body part …………………………. If I don’t intend to vacuum up ALL of the food on the table, don’t even try a little!!!! I know my ON switch gets stuck once pressed, but if I don’t press it I can avoid eating/drinking ANYTHING!!!! I successfully negotiated the nightmare combination of free food & tasty food & carbs & …………………….. let’s be honest FOMO!!!! I’m pleased to be able to pat myself on the back & reap the overnight -1lb reward!!!

@judyjudes, I suppose a house on your own private island is out of the question???? Just 2 more numbers…… Doh!!!!

Onward & downwards folks!!!!

Day 21 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD?

Thursday is my routine FD but I have a cold so if I feel the need for more food today I will eat, just see how it goes.

Unseasonably mild weather here in Wales, definitely not complaining, just concerned about the extreme weather changes that are happening across our planet.

Have a good day everyone 🙂

Day 21 Herefordshire UK NFD

Managed to be sensible around the sourdough bread and granola bought yesterday, that’s a win!

Tried on old skinnier clothes yesterday and am shrinking into them but not quite there, muffin topped when done up!

Still ignoring my Fitbit, not good.

Been sleeping poorly for some time, wake at 3am and then take several hours to fall back to sleep for one and half hours extra sleep. Not sure what my body clock is doing!

@judyjudes – I was very happy with my £150 win for three numbers until I read your post! Congratulations any plans for spending it?

@snowflake56 – OH will have to help at times with the garden but I’m sure I can do the weekly stuff once under control.
    I don’t mind nature having it’s way within reason and the moss is very characterful on the dry stone walls and soft and springy as you say to walk on but it is everywhere and taking over! Gradually clearing it from the paths (slippery when wet) but will have to get a guy in to clear some roofs and rain water gutters that are full of it. Found online a lawn mower blade that might help in de thatching the lawn. Enjoy your Badminton this summer.

@missybear – with you on the global warming worries, we all need to be mindful and think about what we do and what small changes we can make that will add up. Hope the cold doesn’t de rail you too much.

Have a good day everyone, especially those fasting.

Ta x

Day 21 USA (Illinois) NFD

Sun is shining – weather reporter says it will 2 days in a row! That is great. Really something how the weather (good or bad) influences so much we do, including eating.

Onward and downward.

Day 21 – Ireland – NFD

Well today has been a bad day…
    started great with a decent drop in weight…and only liquids until 2pm but went downhill after lunch when cakes were produced for a birthday in my department..
    I can stay right off sugar … until I’m tempted one day in about 10 and then it’s so hard to resist/stop… knew as I went for a biscuit that I was likely ruining my recent food efforts… but.. I’m very tired today and have lots on my mind so am putting it down to that with a reset now… from this minute… although i do have a night out tonight but will aim to stay on track..

I hope you are all having a better day than I am..
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 21, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Planning for a 800 cals day. It might morph into a CD. It is so ice cold here. Especially with the wind.😫😖😟
    But going out anyway with the doggie.🐕

@flourbaby: Happy Birthday!💐

@judyjudes, @dingping: Congratulations on your wins!😊 Unfortunately, here, in Utah, there is no lottery. I always play when in Austria but never win more than a few Euros.😊😀😂

Have a good Thursday everyone! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 21: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Beautiful spring-like day today, makes delivering the mail (almost) a pleasure.
    Marred by endless, on-going, incredible frustrations with useless solicitors over the sale of our buy-to-let flat…too complicated and boring to relate, but impacting on my stress levels and so, my eating behaviour. WHY are people so inefficient!!!?

@at: you are SO right, I know, I know. If only I could cut out, say, the daily marzipan Ritter bar or the bowl of luxury chocolate ice cream, I’d be fine, but….

USA DAY 21 FD800 (16:8)

Better later than never but here I am joining the pocket list!

@snowflake56
    @wacm
    @betsylee
    @ccco FD800

Amazingly, despite all the snow and cold yesterday, today is very warm! Before that changes,I decided to take a walk. Usually, in the Winter it’s too cold for that. Here’s to hoping Spring weather is right around the corner!

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 21 – California – FD

Add me to the pocket list also!!! Although I feel like I’m so hungry right now but only 7 hours to go before my next meal!

@snowflake56
    @wacm
    @betsylee
    @ccco FD800
    @rafiki44

Day 11- Atlanta, GA- USA:

Hi All! Had to go to a training today away from work. Also decided to make it a B2B FD. Had eggs for breakfast and a Chopped club salad from subway for lunch. Gonna have a sensible 200 cal. dinner tonight. Haven’t yet decided what thats going to be just yet. But I have a couple options in mind. Down 2 more pounds today. Haven’t been to the gym in a few says though. I plan on getting back on the horse tomorrow. Positive thoughts to you all.

2nd Post

@flourbaby no, not quite got enough for a house. I have decided to invest in a bread maker (oh loves home baked bread) and a new wheel barrow :). The rest is going towards our holiday at Easter.

Day 21 FD USA

Hello me hearties! I don’t know why I’m addressing you as pirates but it seems I am. I’m going to do several 800fd in a row. I’m sooooo close to 160. I want to be in the 150s again. It seems like not that long ago I said I wanted to be in the 160s!

Which brings me to another point. In the fall of 2014 (before I had my 3rd child) I bought a dress. It’s a US size 6. I tried it on this morning…and it fits!!! Happy dance!! But I think it’s actually a little bigger than it was and I was 5-8 lbs LIGHTER when I bought it. So even though scale says I weigh more I must have less fat. I’ve retained a lot of my muscle. (They’re there somewhere) and lost mostly fat since fat takes up more space than muscle. Of course the scale always wins out for some reason but I think my clothes tell a more accurate story. And I seem to have gone down 2 sizes and my weight is kind of staying put. I’m closer to a size 8petite in jeans and I haven’t seen that number in years. I mean I know there’s “vanity” sizing and everything has spandex but still.
    Am I really smaller or is there really THAT MUCH SPANDEX in everything? Thoughts me lovelies?

Day 22 – Japan – WFD

Starting a water fast. Not sure if I’ll finish it or not.

Day 20 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 21 — NFD

Yesterday was an okay NFD. I’m working on eating more intuitively, so it was a little experimental but fine.
    Today was another matter. It started off as a FD and then I had another deep tissue treatment on my neck and shoulders. The after effect was like getting hit with a large sandbag. Apparently these treatments are major stressors on the body. When I got home I slept for two hours and have been carb loading ever since. (Fortunately complex carbs!) This is the first time that I haven’t successfully completed a FD.
    I’m not sure if I should make tomorrow a FD or not. Perhaps playing it by ear and seeing how things feel in the morning would be a good plan. I still feel a little shaky. With any luck a good night’s sleep will reset things.

@ciren2 In the south of the US people like to have a porridge made from ground corn, called grits. On the pacific coast of the US many people eat a porridge made out of rice. Apparently you can make a porridge from almost any grain. My preference is the one using oats.

@dykask Hope you make it through the WFD!

@judyjudes Bread makers are great! I have one and use it from time to time. The only problem is that homemade bread is so good, it’s easy to overdo it. A couple of days ago I saw reference to an online article about making a 5-minute bread recipe without a machine. It might be worth looking into, so you could have a little more for your holiday.

Have a great end of the work week, everyone!

Day 22 – Perth AUS – Moderate ketosis
    Day 21 – Moderate ketosis
    Day 20 – FD (not counting calories)
    Day 19 – FD (not counting calories)

Going to try staying in moderate ketosis until the end of the challenge in the hope it resets the sugar cravings and gives me some weight loss… really don’t like the lack of weight loss this month 😐

Bring on March. NO. MORE. BLIPS!!!

Day 22, Emden Germany, FD

yesterday’s FD went well, had a banana, an orange and cottage cheese. Not hungry so going for another one.

@judyjudes and @dingping congratulations on the win!

@lorky35 after losing ~ 15 kg my body shape seems to be a bit different. I had the same experience as you had, clothes are too large although I’m havier than when I bought them. I have a “measurement” dress I want to fit in, I bought it in 1991 in Toronto, it’s a Canadian size 7. It’s a bit too loose on the hips and tight on the ribcage now, but the waist fits fine. I agree that a lot of clothes have spandex nowadays, it’s tricky as most of the clothes get wider by time so you think the clothes fit but actually you get larger. Had that with my trousers at work, could wear the same ones although gaining a lot of weight.

@matpi hope you feel better, take care before you do another FD, you can always do it on another day.

Is anyone willing to host the challenge next month. I’m could do it, but don’t know how to do the spreadsheet. Could anyone help me out?

Pocket list day 22

@snowflake56
    @dykask

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 22 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD but could be Fast800

I have seen a lower weight on the scale than I have seen since December. That’s good. It’s still higher than my happy weight in August but it’s hopefully time to crawl off that plateau. With tonight being a dry one (first time this year no wine on Friday 😎) due to designated driver duties……I might see something nice on the scale tomorrow 🤔

No biggie, as joining the clothes vs weight conversation, right now I am wearing a pair of red trousers which are a US size 4 (bought them in the US when I was 10lbs lighter a few years ago)…., is that a UK size 8 or 10? I am happily wearing my size 10 clothes just with a roll of podge to get rid of around the tum (my fat zone). Slim hips, big belly ☹️

Sooooo, following from @Flourbabys glowing reports, I tentatively looked up Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Jillian is scary, kind of Sarah Connors Terminator 2 thing going on…BUzt, maybe that’s what I need to get rid of the wobbly bits.

I exercise, stretch, and walk every morning….maybe I could do the shred each morning instead of my walk? Will look at a few more clips this weekend to see what I am letting this 51 year old body in for 😃

Have a great weekend everyone. And @flourbaby have a very happy birthday weekend 🍷🍾🎂

Day22. UK. Fast800

I was very naughty indeed yesterday. OH had a craving for chocolate cornflake buns. I obliged and set to work. Needless to say I ate 3. Very naughty of me but very nice. So more a CD than a F800 day.

@matpi I agree! However I will be able to also make gluten free bread (which is so expensive to buy). I freeze my gluten free bread, then toast from frozen or allow to thaw as I want it. I only have gf bread about twice a week.

Actually I’m more excited about my wheelbarrow that’s being delivered rather than my bread maker 😬. It makes little jobs around the garden so much easier as I struggle to carry stuff far.

Peace & Love

Day 22 UK CD

V quick check in for accountability. Yesterday was a v full-on 12.5hrs with one 10min break in a quiet corner eating my packed lunch. By the time I got home, preppred for today & packed for my weekend away it was 10.30pm and I’d not had supper. Chocolate has made its way into my mouth but i’m delighted to have resisted carbs and junk food – yay for huge packed lunch, super salad and fruit.

Unsurprisingly i’m feeling exhausted, puffy and back up to 66.5kg today. But last day today & hopeful that a good last week will get me back in the right direction. I’m escaping conference early afternoon to go off on a weekend’s silent retreat – bliss! It’s one of those 3 meals/day catered events but I’ll try to skip breakfast in favour of sleep and be mindful of carbs & puddings!

Looking forward to catching up with posts on the train or on Monday. Wishing you all strong will, wise choices and gentle minds in this last weekend of challenge x

Day 22 Wales NFD

Despite having a cold I managed a 800 cal FD yesterday, lots of fruit and veg, still got the cold but don’t feel too bad…..but my weight is up again!! I can only presume its down to all the birthday feasting earlier in the month, and its DH’s birthday next week so another dinner out to enjoy. Oh well this is a WOL so must roll with the ups and downs and make March a very controlled eating month.

@flourbaby Happy Birthday for day 24, wishing you a wonderful weekend of celebrations and enjoy your ski trip next week xx

@michelinme after your busy week of conference the retreat is perfectly timed, have a lovely restorative break away xx

Happy Friday everyone!

Day 22 – Berkshire – FD

Can I slink back into the group with my tail between my legs? I’ve gone off-piste and eating for England. So back to try and get back on track. I don’t think I’ve stopped eating since my holiday last October. Time to get a grip. Lovely to see familiar “faces” 🙂 Will try and catch up with what’s been happening ….

Caroline

Day 22 Canton OH Fast800

Quick check in and off to tackle my to do list, which only seems to grow by the minute.

My love to you all, have a great weekend, I am hoping to have awesome numbers to report on Monday 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 748 total)

You must be logged in to reply.