FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

This topic contains 745 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 748 total)

• Day 15. UK. Fast800.

Good Morning All ๐Ÿ™‚

Me too @EmmaTaylor My body must have been telling me something yesterday as I ate wayyyyy of plan. Still under 1200 but definitely not Fast800! So more a CD.

I had oat bran, chocolate rice cakes, string cheese, a glass of pink bubbles, stir fried king prawn and brown basmati rice, berries & double cream. Was delish, slept over 8hrs and feel refreshed for the first time in a while :). Not been on scales as donโ€™t want to burst my happy bubble that Iโ€™m in.

Off to clear some cupboards out.

Peace & Love

@missybear – I have no idea what Iโ€™m doing.. if I got a whoosh Iโ€™d die of shock! Home on Tuesday. Very hard to avoid carbs in Italy. Havenโ€™t I said that before…?

Day 15 UK CD

Weekly weigh-in shows some whoosh effect has continued as i’m down to 144.5lb. So far so good this month. Also lost 0.5″ from my waist and gained 0.5″ on my hips – or my fat suit is slipping ๐Ÿ˜€

Still feeling rough today but my poor immune system has begun to fight off virus, which is progress! Sore throat & headache, but beginning to feel more normal underneath rather than simply feeling weird. It’s related to having several autoimmune conditions – the body fights the wrong stuff. But onwards, and the sun is shining.

I just replaced bird feeders in my front garden and it was so warm I went back with coffee to read the post. It suddenly feels like late spring in the sunshine, tho still cold at the back in the shade. Such a quick change – two weeks ago it was snowing and last week was torrential rain!

Makes it hard to plan next week’s smart wardrobe – not least bc I look at what i wore last year and think, how did I manage on so few clothes?! (and how big are they now?!) Definitely time to trawl the charity shops soon – not least bc DD is moveing in a mere 10 mins walk away next weekend, and it’s one of our fave mooching activities ๐Ÿ™‚

To all who are struggling with plateaus and no scale changes, I’d like to pass on some wisdom which both interested and encouraged me. I think it came from @basyjames and/or @bert1802 last autumn (Fall) in a challenge thread convo about plateaus. They were looking back with fondness at their plateau time, bc that’s when their shape had changed most significantly. And that’s also been true for me – I’ve gone down TWO WHOLE SIZES since I landed on this plateau last July!!!

Worth remembering too that scale changes are rarely linear xc in the early days. Once we’ve made more progress the weight loss slows down as our bodies adjust, adapt and get busy doing other things. This is a WOL which benefits health in so many ways, and just because the changes are not those we’re measuring doesn’t mean there are NO changes ๐Ÿ™‚ Oftentimes the effect is felt much further down the road, or at health checks which discover decreasing blood pressure, or in subtle things like improved sleep or energy, lighter mood or better concentration.

So hold fast,because this WOL works. We’re learning new patterns, eating more healthily, enabling our bodies to function better and feel better. Trust that our bodies are doing something… even if it’s not clear to us. The subtle results build up over time and bring huge benefits – not least encouraging us to build healthier, happier lives.

Onwards ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 15 USA (Illinois) FD

Off to Silver Sneakers shortly. Looks like I need to do a FD today (6:1 is my maintenance) because I don’t know when I will get in another one. Busy as I can be.

@coda – Glad you’re feeling good about your steps and circuit. As always, great to hear from you.

@michelinme – Good to see the plateau size change report! How terrific!

Onward and downward.

Day 15, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Nothing really planned today, a friend had to cancel our outing, now I have time to meet DH for coffee on campus early afternoon.
    Snow ๐ŸŒจ will arrive later today. I want spring ๐ŸŒท too but I have to remember we are still in the middle of February.
    Will have a big salad with eggs, shredded mozzarella and avocados later. And, of course, nuts. I could live on nuts. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a good Friday everyone! โš˜โš˜โš˜

Day 15 Canton OH Fast800

@michelinme thanks for the memories, you are right! That is why I love this forum so much, the encouragement and the support is just beyond…Congratulations!!!!

I am doing a quick check in to run, I will check in again tomorrow.

Hold Fast everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 5- FD- Atlanta, GA- USA

Hello all!! Had a great V-day with the OH last night. He cooked baked chicken and salad, and this wonderful mac and cheese with jumbo shrimp and extra cheese! I devoured the salad first, then the chicken, and last .. I picked the shrimp out of the Mac-N- Cheese. LOL! I did eat about half of the portion, but I was ever mindful of my TDEE. Today I’m visiting family out of town for the weekend, but I’m sticking to the formula. Have an amazing weekend everyone!

Day 15: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD.

Another drive to work in thick fog. Agree with you @daffodil2010 there is a lightness in the sky as I make my way to work around 6.40am.
    The weather was beautiful today after the fog cleared by 9am. Perfect for delivering mail, eh?
    @coda: good to see you. We love you too…

Talking of the seemingly magic number of 10,000 steps, I read somewhere that this number is quite arbitary. Just going for a brisk walk every day for half or one hour is perfectly good. Doing lots of mileage is probably just a bit of a macho thing…good for a challenge but no need to fret about a certain number of steps.

Enjoy your weekend, all.

Day 15, UK, FD

I’m just about to have a home made soup for my first meal today, so I’m doing fine with my fast. Still plateauing though, but we carry on ๐Ÿ™‚

@ciren2 thanks, I can’t remember if @anna6 said she was going away ๐Ÿ™‚

@rafiki44 – “If your finger slips while hitting the submit button and you accidentally hit it twice you get a double post!” ๐Ÿ˜‚

@cornish-jane thank you for the advice on tomato growing, I’d prefer to grow my own from seeds, but if its too late to start them in march/april I will have to go buy plug plants in May, I think ๐Ÿค”

@daffodil2010 glad to hear kefir helped your DH, its a really great thing to drink for one’s health, so full of goodness ๐Ÿ™‚ . I might end up following your example on tomatoes growing and put few small seed trays inside , near my windows ๐Ÿ˜€

@michelinme you are welcome, hope you enjoy the kefir xx , I hope you feel better soon ๐Ÿค—

@missybear let us know how you get on with making kefir xx

@snowflake56 my shoulder is the same, I saw my doc who referred me for physio and to have a scan, but because I’m travelling for 2 weeks at the beginning of March, it will have to be after I come back. Waiting lists for everything here ๐Ÿ™ . Thanks for asking xx And yes, lets try growing tomatoes together \o/ ๐Ÿ˜€ . I’m going to buy seeds and some small trays that I can keep inside until the weather is better and than plant them outside. Lets keep our fingers crossed ๐Ÿ˜€

@jaifaim to me, clothes fitting is better is more important than seeing numbers on the scale, you are doing well ๐Ÿ˜€

Have a great weekend everyone ๐ŸŒผ

USA Day 15 FD800 (16:8)

Better late than never! Way too much food yesterday, so got right back up on that horse!! LOL

Adding myself to the pocket list:

@snowflake56
    @dykask
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @ccco FD800

Hope everyone is having a nice day!

Day 15 NFD-USA

I completed 5 fds in a row last week and then just 2 this week. Down to 161.3 Was 165 on Feb 1. So I’m close to my February goal of 5 lbs (or reaching 160). The 800cal fast days consecutively seems to be working quite well for me. Better yet, I slept great and I felt great. I wasn’t as tired.

So my longest fast streak was 5 consecutive days. (Was working towards the elusive 14 days)

Question: Do any of you do ADF? alternate day fasting? I think I want to try ADF with 800cal on FD. Does anyone else do this? Or has done this? Does it work? I’ve had much more success since I switched to 800 from 500cal fast days but I’ve never tried ADF because I assumed it was 500cal FD ad infinitum. I know it’s only 800cal (so 300cal more with my terrible math skills) but it makes a huge difference I think. I think I could be very successful doing ADF with the 800cal FD. Think I could just keep working away till I reach my goal. But I don’t know; I feel kind of like a lonely guinea pig or something. Like I’m striking out on my own weight-loss exploration or something.

Day 15 – NC, USA – FD

3rd FD of the week and feeling a tad grumpy but I should not complain about my pre-emptive strike since I’m going out tomorrow night. The scale this morning had climbed 2 lbs (that’ll teach me to complain about it not budging one way or the other ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ) but I do know that when I eat lots of protein, my body holds on to the lbs. Only lettuce and macademia nuts today… trying to stay under 500 cal.

Has anyone tried the fasting mimicking diet Dr Longo talks about. I watched a couple of his interviews and it was really interesting. It would not replace this WOL, but once I’m at maintenance, I wonder if it would be good to do 3 or 4 times a year for health reasons. I purchased the book so it’ll be fun to explore but I was wondering if anyone else had given it a try.

@betsylee truth be told, 40 years might be a bit ambitious for me too, lol. And of course, you are 100% right @michelinme. Sometimes I overindulge and see no ill effects and other times, I behave in an exemplary manner (as far as I can tell) and my weight doesnโ€™t fluctuate at all or goes in the wrong direction (!!!). If Iโ€™ve learned anything is that I need to keep a sense of humor about this scale (and body) of mine.

Adding myself to the pocket list even though it’s very late.

@snowflake56
    @dykask
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @ccco FD800
    @emma1202

Have an awesome weekend everyone!

Day 15 Ohio, US — FD(#54) โœ”๏ธ

Just a regular FD, so that makes this week a 4:3. One thing I took away from MM’s new book is that it pays to emphasize FD’s as much as possible until maintenance weight is achieved.

@emma1202 On Longo’s website he posts a summary of 7 principles of his diet. Here’s the link: https://valterlongo.com/daily-longevity-diet/ It turns out that the diet he describes is pretty close to what I do on a regular NFD (not like yesterday!).

@lorky35 With 4:3 this week, I’m right on the borderline of doing ADF. I have been thinking about it. James Johnson in his book “Alternate Day Diet” says that he does 900-1000 calories now on his FD’s and I think that Krista Varaday recommends a 1000 calories alternating FD’s for maintenance. So it looks as though you probably could lose with 800 calorie alternating FD’s. It may depend on your own personal metabolism and amount of exercise. I also find 800 calorie FD’s much easier than the original ones, but I’ve gone back to the originals just to help with the weight loss and to give me a trifle more flexibility on NFD’s. I suppose that the ideal is to do alternating WFD’s as many people do here, but I haven’t worked my way up (or down!) to that yet.

Day 16, Emden Germany, FD

yesterday’s FD became in a NFD because I suddenly had the need to eat the left over cake from my friend’s birthday the day before. No regrets, it tasted as good as the day before. So today I’ll try again, are you with me today @dingping, @judyjudes and perhaps @ccco?

Pocket list day 16

@snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 16. UK. Fast800

Peace & Love

Day 16 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Have a great Saturday everyone โ˜บ๏ธ

Day 16 Herefordshire UK FD

Been away at my mumโ€™s. Managed to cope with her stress and had a surprisingly enjoyable spontaneous day out at Weston super mare in the beautiful warm blue sky days we are having here. Lovely to actually enjoy spending happy times with my mum, these are very rare and have to be grabbed. Also spoke to the neighbour sheโ€™s having problems with who is an ******* but managed to get explanations and an apology for upsetting a 86 year old lady and he agreed to put right some fencing heโ€™s removed. Weโ€™ll see if he honours this and wether my mum feels enough is enough to keep the peace. Yesterday evening she was still spitting blood over lies he told me, I can over look the exaggeration of truth I donโ€™t know if my mum can, I hope so for her sake and health.
    @michelinme – I like your wise words and those you remind us of from @basyjames & @bert1802.
    @emma-taylor – youโ€™ve swung me back to happy days with OH enjoying crazy Naples, we stayed in a converted convent down a typical old street where shoppers would haul there shopping up in baskets from the street and feast day celebrations seemed everyday with fire crackers going off in the street (no health and safety there!) We went on to explore the Amalfi coast – just wonderful.
    Absorbing all the info on the tomato growing talk as we hope to get a veggie plot going here but are new to growing things from seed. Looked on a allotment web site for advice and inspiration, quite daunting especially as we have no veg beds yet, another job on the list!
    @snowflake56 – definitely in for today and pleased to see @judyjudse joining us and hope @ccco will bring up the rear, to our small band of happy Saturday fasters. Still house sorting I see, itโ€™s quite therapeutic when stuff goes rather than being moved around.
    So definite FD today as tomorrow Iโ€™m spending the day with OH and our kids celebrating DS 30th bโ€™day!

Pocket list day 16
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes Fast 800
    @dingping

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

Can’t sleep, so up and reading posts. A cold and restless night seems to be my norm following a FD, so I will just live with it on 3 hours sleep. Lots on my mind with our Children’s Museum in final renovation and finishing. It’s exciting, but also stressful! (And I am known as one who generally does not stress….)

It’s interesting to see all the various ways our people can make this WOL work for them. Isn’t that one of the best aspects of IF? If one strategy doesn’t seem to be right for you, then another spin on this eating certainly will.

Onward and downward.

Day 16, London, UK, FD800,

I had a busy day yesterday, my first skiing lesson ……………. or more like a 3hr torture session!!! My hips, shins and arms (not that I thought I was using those!!) are aching today, but I manged it all on an 800cal FD without dying of starvation or exhaustion!!! Who knew??

Anyway, I’m feeling like this 800cal thing is becoming a habit and although there are some ‘treats’ in the house, because I know I can’t have them for a couple of weeks, they aren’t whispering/ shouting my name from behind the cupboard door!!! i think they call that self-control!!!

I’ll try to catch-up on posts later, I hope everyone is having a suitably controlled weekend, whether fasting or not!!!

Stay strong folks!!!

Day 16 California FD

Had to switch up my FD from tomorrow to today so Iโ€™m not completely mentally prepared and pizza was probably not an optimal last meal yesterday but here we go!

@dingping Iโ€™m sorry for the trouble youโ€™re having with your moms neighbor.

Pocket list day 16
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes Fast 800
    @dingping
    @flourbaby Fast 800
    @rafiki44

Day 16, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Yesterday morphed into a CD. Was all good at 800 cals and then could not resist the last eclair. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‚

Off to vet (puppy is better with the help of pills but digestion is still not what it should be), then grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s. Later walking to one of our coffee shops weather permitting.

Food will be chicken๐Ÿ—, broccoli๐Ÿฅฆ, avocado๐Ÿฅ‘ and nuts๐ŸŒฐ.

Have a good Saturday everyone! โš˜โš˜โš˜

Day 16 UK NFD

What did I do yesterday, while feeling so good about whoosh and losing weight & size? Yes of course, I baked and ate a WHOLE LOAF! Ooops ๐Ÿ™ OK, it was a small one – a mini loaf for me alongside a full-size one for community gathering this morning. it was delicious tho – oats, yogurt, bicarb & salt with sunflower seeds, linseeds, cashews, raisins & cinnamon. Didn’t drink enough water either & today I can feel my fat suit gently puffing out again ๐Ÿ™

Definitely feeling coldy now – and as tho I could win medals in the Olympic sport of consuming liquid! Ginger tea is my tipple of choice with black coffee in the morning and lashings of fizzy water all day. Except when shivery.

Got up super early for monthly gathering (with bread) and already looking forward to bedtime. Today’s food has been mostly around carbs again (bread!) and supper is stir fry. Bought a red cabbage on my way home bc thinking about putting on a cabbage/apple/balsamic vinegar dish – and completely forgot I’m not strong enough to cut it! Luckily it’ll keep just fine until my friend comes over to help on Tues ๐Ÿ™‚

Taking this afternoon off to finish a course, catch up on italian and do some writing/thinking before an early night. So rare to have a quiet Saturday afternoon to myself without lots of chores to do. I’m resisting picking up any project work today, tho will have to do some tomorrow or Monday. Balance!

Whatever you’re doing this weekend, hope there are breathing spaces and resting places to refresh & restore you. it’s so much easier to make good decisions when we’re rested x

Day 16: Gloucestershire, UK: yet another NFD
    I’ve suddenly developed a horrible cold! The second this winter…and I don’t usually get many at all! Ugh.
    The mail was unusually light today; so Monday will probably be horrendous. It usually evens out over time.
    My after-work eating-session (usually large) went a bit out of control today…oops!
    I wish I could get the hang of this fasting thing…

@shinything: Maybe I’m wrong about @anna6 going away on a holiday.I can’t remember now.
    @anna6: where are you?? You’re missed.

Day 16 UK NFD
    why donโ€™t I keep on top of the posts on here? There are too many to reply individually but Iโ€™ve enjoyed reading everyone of them. Note to self…keep on top of the forum! Well I lost two pounds this week. I think Iโ€™m having a reverse plateau! Should have put on weight but didnโ€™t! Not really sure how this works, still Iโ€™ll take it and probably bear the consequences next week! The forum is a really good place for grounding me. Many of you post how difficult this WOL can be and then many of you post how good it is over time. It might not count for much but Iโ€™m with you all every step of the way…stay strong. Next week I aim to post daily and try to loose weight. Letโ€™s see if I can achieve these simple targets! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

NFD UK Birmingham

I’m enjoying reading through the Feb forum posts. Michelinme,
    Dingping, Flourbaby and a couple of others really struck a chord and really want to thank you for sharing, and some of the posts are just too funny!
    After a great FD yesterday I was surprised that I wasn’t really hungry today til after 11, despite being up with the lark. The weather was so nice this morning I even got the washing out on the line. In February! Truly the world is broken (but still gotta make he most of it when we have it!) Managed going up the park with the little monsters and crazy dog and came home CAKED in mud!
    Still not got much appetite despite gardening out (getting the bulbs in finally!) and having a very active day. Skipped lunch but looking forward to Nigella recipe steak and tuscan fries for tea.. if it turns out ok!
    Good luck to everyone losing or maintaining. I’ll keep (nosily) reading with interest x

Day 16 – Japan – NFD
    Day 17 – Japan – NFD

By the scale I weight a few kg more. By the belt I’m at my last hole again and the belt is loose. That is what can happen with exercise.

This next week I’m going to start pushing exercises to add strength to my back so that I can start working on the tuck hand stand. I currently too weak for that. I need to build up my shoulders, upper back and core.

Day 17 NSW Australia NFD
    6.05pm Sunday

Hi everyone, just checking in!
    On a current plateau – no up or down ๐Ÿ˜ฏ just constant.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend and bye for now xx

Day 17, Emden Germany, NFD

another lovely sunny day in this part of the world.

yesterday’s FD didn’t work either, I think it’s because I’m pleased with the way I look at the moment. Tried on some summer dresses this morning, they fit well so no need to worry. I found a notebook from the time I started this WOL and I’m amazed how motivated I was to lose weight. I find it much harder to stay motivated after reaching my goal weight and tend to eat less healthy nowadays.

@shinything I planted the seeds this morning and put the trays on a sunny south facing window sill. What a pity you can’t have the scan now and start physiotherapy, but it is as it is.

@dingping how glad I am to read you had a nice day with your mother and hope the problems with the neighbour are solved. Enjoy celebrating your DS’ 30th birthday!

@songbirdme on my FDs I always have protein for dinner, yogurt, egg, fish or chicken. I think it helps me to sleep better, too much liquid in the evening makes me too cold, so I avoid that and try to drink as much as I can in the morning.

@borealis if @rainbowsmile stays missing, would you be willing to host the March challenge with me?

Day 17 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Have a good Sunday all. We are out for a family lunch later and there will be wine. Monday will no doubt be the usual weekends gain. Oh well.

Day 17, London, UK, FD800,

Sticking with the new regime, feeling good because the cravings & binging tendency have decreased, Yay!!!!

Itโ€™s like a Spring day in London today, Iโ€™m going to make the most of it!!! Unlike you, @saraven, there better not be ANY mud!!!

@dykask, Iโ€™m with you on the exercise, but I know thatโ€™s one wagon I fall off of regularly โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ I must make exercise a habit!!!

@dingping, I really hope you got your son party hats & balloons โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ youโ€™re never too old for that stuff, even at 30!!!!

Itโ€™s a typical slow posting Sunday, I hope there will be lots to catch-up on later, so I can stay out of the kitchen!!!

โ€œIt does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” โ€“ Confucius

Day 17 USA (Illinois) NFD

Keeping at maintenance. Yeah for that. A little new snow this morning, but the drive to church ought to be fine. Then a hymn sing at a neighboring church this afternoon that is having a massed choir. I do love to sing. ๐Ÿ™‚

@snowflake56 – I do always have protein for my FD late afternoon/early evening meal. It’s my only one of the day, although I generally eat a good apple about 1-2 p.m. Often the one meal is a good sized salad with meat either on it or separately. Even still, I am almost always cold, and the sleeping is fitful. Oh well – it is generally only one night per week.

Onward and downward.

Day 17 Belfast NFD

Now back from a week in the sunshine. Despite walking 10k daily, only drinking alcohol on 2 evenings and eating a lovely Mediterranean diet, I still have acquired a few extra unwanted pounds and my weight has slid over the 150 lbs. โ˜น๏ธ I intend to start the Fast 800 tomorrow to undo my excesses!
    @snowflake – I love colour. Your home sounds amazing. I bet thereโ€™s a story attached to all of your possessions! When I first moved into our home I had brightly colour walls but over the years the colour scheme has become more muted. I have โ€˜elephantโ€™s breathโ€™ kitchen cupboards, which we repainted ourselves, contrasted with an orange glass splashback, blind and cushions in the adjoining snug. My sitting room has a multicoloured rug with peacock blue sofas.
    @dingping – I think rhythm is one of the most important aspects of life for good health. Moving house is one of the most stressful life events. Once you settle into a routine, hopefully youโ€™ll be able to cope better with the challenge of your mum. Take care Xo.
    @daffodil2010 – your renovations seem to be coming on so well. Your dad is lucky to have such a supportive family.
    @jaifaim great quote. Thank you.
    @missybear – to jump into the kefir debate, I have tried both water and milk grains and then @shinything put me onto her Bulgarian strain. There is no contest. The Bulgarian strain makes a beautiful smooth kefir which isnโ€™t as โ€˜tangyโ€™ as the milk grains and is quite thick. I have a daily portion now with fruit. I even use it in curries, dressing etc. (And the dog goes nuts for it!). Happy fermenting!
    Wise words about plateaus @michelinme.

I think the 10000 step number came from a Japanese company marketing a fitness counter. Completing steps for the sake of it can be very soul destroying, particularly if you donโ€™t get your heart pumping. This time last year I was swimming 3miles a week, but Iโ€™ve cut down for the same reason. Now I try to do less exercise but make it count.
    The talk about tomatoes has made me realise that I need to start planning my summer veggies. Any recommendations @daffodil2010 for the type of tomato seed to use?

Iโ€™m off out to make the most of the (spring?) sunshine.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone

Day 17
    Florida
    NFD
    Too many potlucks = weight gain. Plus didn’t get my walking in like I did next week.
    Will work on doing better for this week.
    Have a great Sunday.

Day 17-syracuse, NY NFD

Thanks @matpi for your input. I think I am going to try ADF with the 800 cal. (ADF=alternate day fasting for those still learning the lingo)I think I’ll have success with it now that I can do the 800cal days. I think I can also go and do consecutive fast days if I hit a plateau.
    My scale hasn’t dropped a lot but I’ve gone down about 2 sizes since I started, which is encouraging. So something is happening even if the scale doesn’t tell me anything. Chris Powell (He was the trainer that did extreme makeover weightloss on abc) used to say that “sometimes it takes a while for the scale to catch up” so I like to keep that in mind.

USA Day 17 FD800 (16:8)

Adding myself to the pocket list

@ccco FD800

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Day 17 Minnesota, USA NFD

I can’t remember the last day I posted, but just checking in. I have been under the weather and on antibiotics, so I haven’t fasted since last Sunday. I just couldn’t manage to stay under 800 calories, let alone under 500. So, I’ve ended a week with the highest average daily calorie intake I’ve had since August. I’m still fluctuating between 150.6 lbs and 152.6 lbs, though, so not so terrible.
    I’m intending to have a better week ahead and going to try to have several good FDs, or maybe keep to 800 cals all week. Then I’m off to stay with older grandkids for a week or so while their parents go south to a lovely Holiday. I doubt I’ll be able to have FDs that week, but who knows. I’ll try to stay under my TDEE of 1460 cals (for 140 lbs…..my target weight).

Best to everyone and enjoy your Sunday!

Day 17: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Feeling groggy with lack of sleep and a horrible cold. I hope DH doesn’t get it, or I shall truly suffer…
    @northerndawn: hope you’re feeling better soon.
    @lorky35: I read a book on ADF called “The Alternate Day Diet” by James B. Johnson in the early days and found it very informative and inspiring. A lot of interesting science. I believe it was around before Dr MM and his 5:2 book. Why not see if you can get hold of it?

Day 17, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Off taking doggie ๐Ÿ• to the park, afterwards checking out a new coffee shop โ˜• and later dinner ๐Ÿ—๐Ÿฅฆ. A quiet Sunday with DH! And tomorrow is a holiday! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Have a good Sunday everyone!โš˜โš˜โš˜

Day 17. UK. Fast800

Weight loss has slowed right down. Nothing to add to that really other than just imagine how much Iโ€™d weight without being mindful and deligient about diet & logging my food intake. Yesterday was a little under and today has been a little over.

@northerndawn I hope you feel better soon! Look after yourself.

@ciren2 I really sympathise about lack of sleep. It impacts everything, including food choices. Hope your cold goes quickly too and bypasses your dh!

Peace & Love

Day 18, Wellington, NZ, F800

The two weddings over the weekend were a lot of fun and of course involved much eating and drinking. That’s what we call a celebration – woo hoo

But I’m back, going to catch up on posts and get myself back in the driver’s seat.

Day 18 pocket list
    @chipmunk13

Day 17 UK CD

yesterday turned into something of an EFS – tired, ate &stayed up later than was helpful, had had carbs and became All Abouth The Mouth!

Today has been better,not least bc I’ve got that horrible fat-under-skin bloated post-carb feeling. Not drunk enough water and feeling distinctly yuck still, sore throat headache and much more coldy now. Clearly I’m going to be spluttering over the conference hundreds this week.

Whizzed thru posts and now going to eat, drink gallons of water & have a realxing bath with Call the Midwife ahead of reasonably early night. Need to hit the ground running tomorrow and definitely need to start the day with yoga & meditation.

Hope my challenge buddies are not feeling too derailed: we need to share the Mojo round and keep each other going ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 18 – Japan – WFD (#13 in 2019)

Not sure why I’m counting water fast days anymore … just became a habit, I might stop. All my fasting now is water fasting.

Day 17 Ohio, US — FD(#55) โœ”๏ธ
    Day 16 — NFD

No check in yesterday since I was sick with some sort of GI virus (???). I was in bed most of the day, and ate very simple, easily digested food and that took me over the sugar limit.

I wasn’t sure if I’d be up for a FD today, since I felt a little queasy when I got up. The weather report said that by mid-morning we’d be hit by a major snowfall and since I wasn’t able to do my out-of-town grocery shopping yesterday, I decided to give it a go and try to do it before the snow hit. Since time was of the essence, I left for the 25 mile (40 km) trip to the next town without breakfast. I did make it back before the snow, but because I hadn’t eaten yet, it just made sense to go ahead and make the day a FD. All in all it’s been a low energy FD, even so, I suppose that my metabolism is still percolating away, burning up those calories.

@redrockgirl302 Great emoji’s!!!

@ciren2 Hope you’re able to shake that cold off fast!

@northerndawn Being gentle with ourselves when we’re sick is the best part of wisdom. Get well quickly!

Day 18, Melb Aust, FD
    Day 17 TDEE
    Day 16 CD

Well, the scales finally moved downward again yesterday, which pleased me no end as I’m finally below that pesky 80 kg. I noted comments from @lorky35 and ?@michelinme about changes in shape despite little movement on the scales – I seem to have a bit of the opposite effect going on.

Although my jeans are a bit looser and I’ve now lost nearly 7 kg, my waist size is hardly going down, 1/2 an inch in nearly 2 months. I’m wondering if there’s something I’m doing wrong? I thought with this WOL, one benefit was a big decrease in waist size, but so far, that doesn’t seem to be happening. Any comments anyone? I also know that certain foods, such as ice-cream, seem to cause my stomach to bloat, so I’m (trying to) not eating those much on my NFDs now. I did take note of someone’s comment recently and am aiming now to eat daily to my projected TDEE, not my current TDEE, on my NFDs.

@michelinme, good encouragement, and I do hope you are starting to feel better now – also @ciren2, @northerndawn and @matpi. The perils of winter, I guess – keep up your vitamin C! ๐Ÿ™‚

@dykask and @flourbaby, good comments about exercising. If I recall, Dr M. recommends adding exercise to 5:2, or Fast800, to accelerate weight loss. Haven’t tried HIIT yet, but intend to. Just with the extra walking, I’m certainly feeling much healthier.

18 – Perth AUS – FD (not counting calories though)
    17 – NFD
    16 – NFD
    15 – NFD
    14 – NFD

Lots of NFDs there. But on the good side, I’m off the plateau… weight went up, so not stuck on the same number! Haha

Here’s hoping I can rein in the damage before the challenge ends by getting back into fasting. Valentine’s Day triggered some nasty old habits and the sugar demons were WIDE AWAKE for the next couple of days. I did say I wanted to trial the whoosh effect. Here’s hoping it works for me!

Hope you are all tracking along OK ๐Ÿ™‚ Ten days to go and I am 3.5 kg from goal. WHOOPS! ๐Ÿ˜€

Day 18. UK. Fast800

Good morning All ๐Ÿ™‚

I stayed on plan yesterday. Nearly gave in and had a bowl of cereal last night but held fast. Iโ€™m pleased I resisted.

Scales show another small drop. Iโ€™m down 2.8lbs this month so far, considering low thyroid Iโ€™m pleased with this.

Nearly 2/3rds into February now so Iโ€™m going to really try hard to stick to plan for the remainder of the month.

Peace & Love

Day 18 – Ireland – NFD

Good morning all.
    My weekend was definitely NFD … catch up staying with friends and dinner out on Saturday followed by a visit home to my elderly parents on Sunday…
    Caution went out the window as it always does with friends and this is why this WOL suits me best as I will reset this week having spent precious times. Sharing some yum cream cake with my dad is the best ๐Ÿ˜. Heโ€™s not really supposed to eat too much sugar either but… there you go…
    It wasnโ€™t all bad though as although I came off the wagon, I only had three alcoholic drinks on Saturday night, and before I would have had at least double that with these friends and enjoying traditional music etc.
    Lunch out with work today so shaking up my FDs a little…

Wishing everyone a good day today!

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ

Day 18 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Same weight today as I have been every Monday this year!! So back on the FD wagon today. Looking forward to not eating, we had a family lunch yesterday and I was so full afterwards that I swore I would never be able to eat again ๐Ÿ˜† It was a high carb meal so felt bloated, but good to spend time with our Grandaughter and family.

We got a very good quote from a local builder to renovate and build a bathroom downstairs for Dad, move his bedroom downstairs, and all the bits that need to be done to make his home accessible. As a big family we can all chip in and get this job done and hopefully the builder can get started soon. It gives Dad hope that he will be out of hospital sooner rather than later. Though I fear that’s when the difficulty starts as he will need care at home, he is not mobile, and although I have a brother and sister live with him they too have their own orthopaedic disabilities which means they can’t do much for Dad. Hey ho, put that out thought out of mind for now.

That was some full moon last night wasn’t it? It was shining all night long and then this morning turned a yellow color as it was setting to the west. Fantastic.

@debster251. I have grown Gardeners Delight tomatoes for outdoor crops (south facing garden) , but the past couple of years I have had great success with a cherry variety called Garden Pearl….ideal for growing in containers and they maintain a shrub habit so you don’t have to cut back or grow them up a string. But this year I am trying out an F1 Akron, apparently it has loads of flavour and I fancy a larger tomato this year. I will be growing them in our glass covered patio, have the planter ready for them. Right now they are just 5 little seedlings on the kitchen windowsill ๐Ÿค—

So another week dawns. Have a great day everyone, let’s have a great FD however you may do it.

Day 18 UK FD
    What a lovely weekend! The weather has been positively spring like and Iโ€™ve dried washing on the line for the first time in ages, in February! Small things make me happy! We have friends for a night tomorrow so fasting well today and Wednesday. Happy Monday everyone

Day 18 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ FD

Enjoyed the weekend, now I need to reset!

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 748 total)

You must be logged in to reply.