DECEMBER 2021 CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
DECEMBER 2021 CHALLENGE

This topic contains 275 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  jaifaim 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 296 total)

• Day 8 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Still stormy but ok enough for my morning walk with DH. Going for another FD today as yesterday’s FD was good but I did have a lovely crusty slice of bread with my lentil soup. In the zone so will go for it today again.

@i-hate-lettuce great to hear of the good nights sleep. I am sleeping amazingly these dats myself, got 9 hours unbroken last night.

@funshipfreddie enjoy your lunch at Mama Luciana.

@ stitchincarol, wow that freezer defrost had me tired thinking of it ha ha

@jaifaim during the eye of the storm yesterday it was sunny and pleasant wasn’t it? Though I did hear my Dad snuck out in his car for a drive as the storm had waned. He think he is 18 not 85, but still, something bad could have happened him. Thank goodness all is well.

@emmataylor, so glad the ELAB works for you, I might try it again in the New Year, but it just didn’t suit me before. Enjoy Rome, and fair due to you for planning to OMAD while there.

Happy Hump day.

Day 8 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Think we’ve been on the edge of the latest storm yesterday and overnight, rather windy and driving rain. Hope everyone’s OK, worst we’ve had is a garden chair blown across the garden. The garden itself is shutting down, managed to get most of the jobs done on time, just a final bit of pruning and leaves to rake up, but it will need to dry up first. Got to strip the BBQ down and clean it, but that’s a job done in the garage on a rainy day.

@EmmaTaylor @stitchincarol @jaifaim @daffodil2010 …. Sleep, one of the most important tools in our armoury I believe. I remember when the kids were little, I would bring them home from school and if one would feel unwell, they would disappear and by the time I’d put the car in the garage I’d check where they were. Whichever one it was had just put themselves to bed and would be asleep instantly, just a natural reaction!
    We’d been putting off getting a new mattress for quite a while, we’d bought a mattress topper a couple of years ago, but didn’t last. So in answer to @EmmaTaylors question, we bought a Harrison Spinks mattress, turns out we both prefer very firm to medium/soft, tried several in the store and it was an easy pick in the end. Once delivered, instant result, worth every single penny, both of us getting the best sleep for years!

Take care all

Day 8 – Ireland – FD 🚫 ✅

Well that FD went ok… not the best but ok 👌
    And the storm… just a few bits of garden furniture transplanted … 💨😂 like @stitchincarol I do love a storm and had to walk out to have a quick look at the surging sea when there was a lull but do love feeling cosy at home and hearing the wind etc.
    Like you @daffodil2010 just back in from a breezy walk to blow off the cobwebs 🕸 FAB!
    I too am going again as three dining catch-ups this weekend so preparing for a little indulgence.

@songbirdme and @stitchincarol I am envious of your freezer defrost steps! I have to wait to use everything up or just bin stuff which I hate doing 🥲

Have a great day everyone! It’s officially the start of Christmas here where most people pop up decorations and people from the country come to Dublin to shop.. probably not many travelling today but makes me think I should get the tree out and start getting into the zone 🎄🎅 🛍

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket list day 8 🎄🛍
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

Day 8 – USA/GA – WFD

Weigh-in: 219 lbs. Yeah, the trend is definitely still high right now. No, I did not do OMAD yesterday. I forgot about my pharmacy appointment at 7 p.m. I got the flu jab in one arm and the COVID booster in the other. I’m sore this morning, and knew an evening meal of stew would probably not be amiss. However, I am going to attempt a WFD today and stay super hydrated.

@stitchincarol I’m funny about goals. Once it’s set for the month, I don’t want to change it, and then I’ll typically drag it each month out until I finally hit it. Just me, I guess haha! Based on November’s low, it was only two pounds lighter, so it seemed reasonable. I just didn’t count on nine pounds jumping back on after Thanksgiving. Egads! But you’re right about being unable to control scales, just behavior. I’ll do the best I can this month to get back to a range between the low to mid 210s and will feel successful.

Pocket list day 8 🎄🛍
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia

Day 8 – Rural Nebraska, USA – OMAD

The scales were 138.4 this morning, much lovelier than the 143.8 and 144.4 I had a few days ago. Many more days of that behavior and those numbers would have been real instead of carbohydrate-bloat. Now to continue the virtuous behavior to achieve my rather tiny goal of 137 at Christmas. I don’t normally set weight goals, knowing I can only control my behavior, not the scale, but I think my behavior will fall in line more easily if I hold 137 in front of me. 😇

@songbirdme Yay for you for not gaining on your Chicago weekend!! DH’s train set sounds like a lovely decoration; I’ll bet your grands loved that growing up! Back before I was married with kids, I started collecting angel ornaments and had a rather large collection by the time our kids started bringing home ornaments they’d made at school….I felt VERY guilty not putting them on our tree, but it was an ANGEL tree. Then I hit on the idea of a second, smaller tree for all the ornaments that weren’t angels. DH wasn’t much enthusiastic about the idea, but he gave in and we’ve never looked back, having one in the living room and one (very narrow tree) in the kitchen. It’s such a tradition now that I think he’d be just as sad as I would to go down to only one tree. 😁

@funshipfreddie How lovely that you go out to lunch so regularly! What will you have at Mama Luciano’s?

@daffodil2010 How wonderful that you’re in the zone and game for a second FD in a row! Having DH on board makes it much easier, huh?

@i-hate-lettuce I’ve also read countless times that a huge key to losing weight is sufficient sleep; cut down on sleep and we’re likely to gain weight. Amazing how what feels so passive (sleep) can be so very effective in helping our body!

@jaifaim While I agree that my below-freezing day helped with the defrosting job, it can certainly be done simply with ice chests. Don’t you have enough friends with one that you could borrow enough to transfer your stuff and then let the freezer defrost? And what makes now the “official start” to Christmas? I know Dec.6 is St. Nicholas Day; is that why?

@northgeorgia Knowing yourself so well is undoubtedly the reason you’ve already lost so much weight! Good luck with today’s WF, and I hope your arms feel better quickly!

I think all my soul-searching and mind-examining have paid off because I feel “in control” today. Fingers are crossed (and RESOLVE firmly in place) that I stay in control all day.

Pocket list day 8 🎄🛍
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

Oh, and a plank report: I entirely forgot about yesterday, but am otherwise on track. I looked online and found a suggestion of starting out with ten seconds, then twenty, then thirty, and so on. So, today being the 8th day of the month means I plank for 80 seconds. It’s getting tough, but then it was tough to begin with, so I think the approach is decent. It’s fun to know others are joining me!

Day 8 North canton OH WFD

I am in the office today for our one day a month meeting.

I have fallen behind on posts again 🤔 I will try to do better. OH is really doing great with AWFD and he is looking very trim. I am trying not to be envious but its hard, anyway I am glad that I have company on WFD because it just makes things easier especially during silly season. I will catch up with everyone’s posts later after I return from my meeting.

Please put me on the pocket list if you post after me

Day 8 – FD 800 16:8

Have not yet planned today’s food. Must do so as I can not trust my instincts if I do not have a plan in mind.

@missybear and @stitchincarol, thank you for the kind thoughts. The situation is not resolved, but has been addressed, and that has helped me de-stress somewhat.

It sounds like many are recovering from that storm, it is lovely to read how it was in fact even enjoyed by many. Glad it was not destructive.

Sleep is so important, but like stress, I find little useful in articles/discussions for actionable steps I can take. My problem is not falling asleep, but staying asleep and getting a good nights rest. When budget and necessity combine, my DH and I have determined we will replace our one large bed with two twins pushed together so that each of us can have the optimal sleep platform. I prefer a medium firm mattress but he likes ‘sink into pillow’ softness – think princess and the pea story, lol!

Busy day ahead, so sending good thoughts.
    Pocket list day 8 🎄🛍
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames
    @mariaelena

Day 8 – FD800
    Day 7 – FD800
    Day 6 – TDEE

Goodness the days just disappeared but am pleased to report that after a TDEE weekend, Monday was a couple of hundred calories under TDEE (I managed to make the afternoon tea outing with friends for a birthday! as my OMAD) Tuesday was a just over FD800. Today has been busy so should end up a FD800 too🤞

Monday morning was my regular Broga class, had a good walk on Tuesday (7km) despite the weather as our walking group decided to brave the elements and go out for a low level walk!!! followed this by a High Impact Pilates class early evening and a strength yoga class this morning – Trying to stay focused!!

@daffodil2010 – hopefully the weather improves a bit for your visit, it has been a tad wet of late!!!! Good news re your plantar fascitis 🤞 Hopefully you escaped any damage from Storm Barra!
    @high5 – welcome on board – definitely better late than never! For my sins I’m trying to host for this most challenging of months hoping it helps to keep me motivated!!
    @jaifaim – you’re a brave soul 🏊‍♀️ in this weather 🥶
    @brightonbelle – all we can do is move forward after any indulgence – a CD sounds a very sensible way to start x
    @stitchincarol – stay strong and hopefully your RESOLVE will find it’s way back 💪 I’m working hard to lose a few lbs in the first couple of weeks of this challenge before the festive season overtakes me too!!
    @babs_b – doing a CD when struggling is a win my book – you can do this!
    @mariaelena – sending you a big virtual 🤗 sounds like you need one x
    @funshipfreddie – sounds like you have things well under control – great job 👍
    @i-hate-lettuce – so good to read that both you and Mrs IHL are enjoying life and feeling great
    @emma-taylor – good to hear that ELAB is working for you
    @northgeorgia – you are doing great – stay focused
    @missybear @jaifaim – here’s hoping that Storm Barr has left you both unscathed

The Ashes 🏏 series started yesterday and finishes on January 18th, and as it’s in being played in Australia it means that listening/watching it live is the middle of the night here so I foresee some late nights and early rising to watch some of it live so I may be a sleep deprived on and off over the next few weeks……😵‍💫 but certainly watching the start was well worth it – exciting first hour last night!!!

Pocket list day 8 🎄🛍
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames
    @mariaelena
    @at

Re sharing @funshipfreddie‘s quote as it’s a good one “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” ~ Jim Rohn

Day 8 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

All good here. Yesterday and so far today I have made healthy food choices, well within TDEE. Planning a solid FD tomorrow.

@at – read up on “The Ashes” cricket – what a fascinating history that match has! All the way back to 1882 – whew! May the best team win!

Day 9 – Ireland – NFD

So three goodish fast days and hopefully they have set me up for the indulgences of the long weekend… three nights , three meals and three lovely catch-ups with different friends ♥️

@stitchincarol I’d say all my friends have full enough freezers themselves 😂😂 I should have said unofficial start to Christmas… I’m from the country and people used to trip up to Dublin to do their Christmas shopping as it was a holy day (Feast of the Immaculate Conception) and many people would go to mass and then head off. 🛍

https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2021/1208/1265469-christmas-traditions-ireland-december-8th-margadh-mor-christmas-box-american-letter

@at I’m a fair weather sea swimmer 😂 so not one of these people who go in regularly .. but if it’s a sunny bright day and the water looks nice I’ll go in…. I used to be a lifeguard and did yearly Christmas swims (another tradition) for charity in my teens so I suppose I have a history of it. It definitely wakes and shakes me up and I do like that feeling… I’m hoping to go in this weekend with my best pal as part of our Christmas night away … but.. we’ll see the weather is not looking great 😊

I’m part of the 4am wake up club at the moment having been a great sleeper all my life… magnesium helps and also not turning on any light or device when I wake… I don’t follow the Ashes @at but might turn the radio on as find cricket quite relaxing to listen to. Honestly, I never completely got my head around the scoring even though I’ve been to many a match… good luck 🏏

The 🎄 is up and start getting into the zone 🎅. 🛍
    Have a happy day!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 9 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Not much to say really, just ploughing along. Tomorrow I have my annual Kris Kindle night with my two best friends, so dinner and drinks. Saturday youngest stepdaughter is home from the UK for the weekend so dinner and drinks Saturday evening.

I suppose I am happy to be just staying in maintain. I have found 2021 to be a difficult year…trying lots of different ways and things to get rid of weight…but nothing really works.

But onwards we go.

Day 9 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@stitchincarol – I had Mama’s lasagne.Not the best lasagne I’ve ever had, but I was so ravenous by the time it arrived 😋

And now for the discipline…

Pocket List – Day 9 🍒
    @funshipfreddie

Day 9 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Thursday FD today and it’d glum but dry so heading off out for a stretch, not been putting just as many miles in recently, so a bit more effort today.

This weekend will be the start of 🎄 out at friends tomorrow night and the decorations up over the weekend.

Take care all

Pocket list day 9

@i-hate-lettuce

Day 9 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Intending to have a really good FD today. Keeping busy usually helps so I will crack on with some housework just as soon as the sleeping cat on my knee releases me 😻

Have a great day fasting friends.

Pocket List – Day 9 🍒
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear

Day 9 – USA/GA – ??

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. Lowest weigh-in of the week, so hopefully back on track. Feeling optimistic and very busy at lunchtime today. So I am only packing some “fast breaking” nuts and a banana today. I may be able to push it off until right before leaving work, meaning it could be an OMAD day. Otherwise it is a cold ZBC this morning, so definitely a 16:8 day.

Best wishes!

Day 9 – USA – NFD

Off to sing Christmas carols for a local Kiwanis (civic organization). Hope to post more soon!

Onward and downward.

Day 9 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

Scale this morning was 140.2 and I know if I’d eaten a bit less yesterday, it would have stayed below 140, so I’m a bit regretful, but not terribly because what I ate was reasonable, so I’m calling it good. Today will be a true FD of salmon and steamed green beans; I’ll eat around 3pm and then immediately leave to teach my three lessons in Omaha; that should guarantee I eat nothing more than planned. Who knew teaching piano lessons in Omaha would have such a lovely effect on my ability to lose weight?

@basyjames Why are you so envious of your DH; you also are looking trim and gorgeous, are you not???? Have you extra pounds again that are irritating you? Regardless, you are so incredibly fit, and low enough on the BMI scale, that I’m certain you look as good as ever, so don’t let your frustration rob you of all your joy.

@jaifaim LOL, I wondered if my term was going to mean the correct thing to you. I was talking about your friends’ freezers; here: https://smile.amazon.com/Igloo-Island-Breeze-Cooler-14-125-Inch/dp/B003CVRHKU/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=cooler&qid=1639059884&sr=8-6 We have two of those, and two styrofoam ones also, and that’s what we use. Thanks for that link; I look forward to reading it later today.

Okay, off to church to do my secretary thing there, a full half hour or more earlier than usual since the rest of the day will be so busy. This quote has been resonating with me so let’s read it again as it feels particularly perfect for December: “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” ~ Jim Rohn

Pocket List – Day 9 🍒
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear
    @stitchincarol

Day 9 – 16:8

A lot of life going on right now, trying to eat well and reasonably as I muddle through.

Well wishes to all.

second post

Checking in for accountability. DH and I just had our sauteed salmon and steamed green beans, and I should be done, but the package of Ferrero Rocher hazelnut candies a friend gave us yesterday is calling–no, SCREAMING my name, LOL, and I calling on all my resolve to ignore that screaming! 😂

@mariaelena You’ve got this; you are strong and you can come out just fine on the other side of this stress you’re enduring. 💪👍♥

Day 9 – UK – FD800

9am Aerobics class to start the day and ended the day with a Pilates class at 6pm – today is my 3rd B2B FD800 and a 4th one is planned for tomorrow so hoping to see a difference on the scales on Saturday 🤞 I would dearly love to get down to 56kg by the end of next week thus giving me some leeway over the festive season….

Feeling really happy with both my eating/alcohol consumption so far this month – Managing to keep to TDEE or FD800 and only having wine on 2 days of the week – here’s hoping my RESOLVE does not desert me over the coming weekend. We have a Rick Stein At Home meal delivery on Saturday to look forward to but planning on making that my OMAD!

Feeling a bit tired after staying up to watch a couple of hours of cricket last night and then woke up early to watch the end of the 2nd day’s play……must try to get some sleep tonight as I have an early start tomorrow, leaving home at 7.30am to drive over to meet with DD to start her dog walking day at 0830 – it’s also her 33rd birthday tomorrow!! where has that time gone…….

@jaifaim – I have only ever gone to a live county match when I used to live in Essex – a long time ago, but I have to admit I love watching on TV as you get instant replays and never miss anything…..at times things happen fast!
    @daffodil2010 – maintaining is good – there has been so much happening in your life – a real emotional rollercoaster for you and your DH discovering, meeting up with an extended family he knew nothing about 🤗
    @mariaelena – sending you a big virtual 🤗
    @stitchincarol – just remember you can have those chocolates tomorrow – RESOLVE!!

Pocket List – Day 9 🍒
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear
    @stitchincarol
    @at

Right I’m going to make a last cup of tea and then aiming for an early night – if I wake up during the night can I resist the lure of just watching a bit of 🏏………

“Most people give up right before the big break comes — don’t let that person be you.” Michael Boyle

Day 9 USA – FD (kind of…)

I did have 1/2 a frosted donut at the Christmas carol singing this morning, but except the salad with chicken I am having tonight, that is all. I think I still will call this a FD. Bet that much sweetness was about 200 calories. Okay.

Being here for accountability is a great thing. That’s why this blog-o-sphere has made all the difference for me and many others. Hugs to you all.
    Pocket List – Day 9 🍒
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 10 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Day 9 fast day – mission accomplished! It was a scorcher for early summer though, so very little resolve was needed.

@songbirdme – well done on resisting that entire donut?! I doubt very much I would have been so controlled. Back at ya 🤗

Happy Fri-yay y’all!

Day 10 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Frosty cold here this morning, glad we got the ‘phone call yesterday afternoon! The heating engineer was due to call this morning to service the boiler, but he’d a job cancelled so was available yesterday afternoon if it was OK by us, certainly was!

@funshipfreddie – I too had an easy FD yesterday, was out for a good long walk in the morning, then a quick hour out walking round the village with Mrs IHL posting Christmas cards, then the boiler man came. Got round to late afternoon easy, coffee breakfast, soup lunch, then had one of my favourite omelettes as the last meal of the day. Don’t know if you can only get them in the UK, but crab sticks make a brilliant omelette or sandwich, full of flavour and virtually calorie free, result.

Good job it was a FD yesterday, out with friends at a friends house tonight for a meal and a natter. Willpower might be left at home tonight … 😉

Take care all.

Day 10 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Nervously stepped on the scales this morning after being very good for the past two weeks, I have lost 0.8 of a pound which is as good as it gets for me, I never drop weight quickly but happy to see a loss. It proves to me that 5:2 still works when I do it properly.

I am planning to treat myself to some red wine with dinners over the weekend. I will not open more than one bottle. DH doesn’t drink alcohol so one bottle is plenty for me to enjoy over 2 or 3 evenings. I will stay in control and resist any temptation to open a second bottle…….there I’ve said it out loud and will report back on my success on Monday.

Take care all 😊

Day 10 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. Had a successful OMAD yesterday, although probably ate a little more than I should have. I could have made it a complete WFD or even a FD500, as it was 5:30 pm when I broke my fast (nearly two days in length). Gained about a pound.

It was an interesting observation. I tried to be a little more mindful, and waited 10 minutes or so to see if I was still hungry or not. Wow, the hunger dragon can rear its head if I’m not careful. I allowed it some space to wiggle, but once I saw the destruction its massive tail was laying waste across the kitchen, I had to slam him back into his cage.

Just something for me to ponder. Got to run!

Day 10 North Canton OH TRE

@stitchincarol thank you for calling me out. You are right, I am trim and healthy, and while I did gain some over Thanksgiving it is slowly but steadily coming off with my current fasting regimen. I am also happy OH is losing the pesky pounds that he has always wanted to lose. So, a lot to be thankful for and certainly no need for envy.

After the EFS that occurred over Thanksgiving, I followed @northgeorgia’s suggestion to have a plan, and at the beginning of this month, I wrote out a detailed fasting plan for every day of the month. I mapped out all known social engagements and accounted for them in my plan, as well as daily written weigh-ins. It has been incredibly useful in helping me stay on track. Thank you for the suggestion @northgeorgia.

@songbirdme half a donut?! Where do you get your willpower from? I would have found all the reasons in the world to finish the other half. Once that sugar dragon is unleashed, it takes everything and then some to wrestle it back into its cave.

Congratulations on the loss @missybear. Every loss is a step forward and movement towards your goal.

I have a social engagement this evening and I am practicing TRE today. I will break my fast when I am with my friends.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Day 10 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NOT a FD

Today, I am 63. My word. Just looking at those words astonishes me: I’m an old woman!! No, really, I understand 63 isn’t old, but in my heart and mind, I’m barely past 32, so 63 IS old, LOL!!!!!

To celebrate, DH and I are going out for coffee, which means I’m going to have a latte. My latte of choice has always been with skim milk–I’ve very carefully never had any other option, so that I’d never know what I was missing by having an unflavored non-fat latte, and merely having calories this early in the day will be unusual, so I’ll be tickled with that. Later, I’ll nibble on the persimmons I bought yesterday, and I’m still hoping we’ll manage to go out for dinner tonight; the snow forecast is up to 1.5″ but if we go early, perhaps we’ll be able to miss the worst of it.

@at Nice quote. I didn’t give in yesterday to the chocolate, but did have a couple slices of candied dried oranges I bought at Trader Joe’s. They were probably just as bad, but I’d had in the back of my mind that I could have a treat when I got home last night (eight or so) and I limited myself to less than 100 calories’ worth, so enjoyed them with no guilt. 😇 One of these days I’m going to finally hit 137!

@songbirdme Half a donut is very impressive RESOLVE!

@missybear Good resolve to you to stick to your plan of one bottle over the weekend!

@basyjames ♥💖💞💗💕😁

Best wishes to you all for the weekend; some I’ll “see” tomorrow, and the rest I’ll se on Monday. Which reminds me: @penz, where are you?? And what about the rest of our Aussie contingent?? Too busy enjoying your summertime, I’ll bet! I’m going to spend much of the day knitting and watching silly Christmas movies on Hallmark; I need to finish the sweater I’m making so it’s not completely decadent behavior, but will feel very lovely for a birthday and doesn’t involve calories, LOL!

Day 10 – 16:8

Holiday greeting letters in my pocket ready to be mailed, grocery pick up run for tomato and veg soup fixings (& the necessary cat food/litter 😺) unseasonably warm weather but quite overcast and keeping busy. @at & @stitchincarol et. al. thanks for the warm wishes.

Ugh, just realized my gas tank is close to empty, so had better run.

Warm thoughts to all.

Day 11 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@i-hate-lettuce – I had a Thursday FD omelette too! But just with a little cheese & veggies. I have a sort of phobia about seafood though. Not a morsel of it has ever passed my lips. I’m okay with regular fish; but any of those creepy multi-legged sea creatures…urrgh! Even with a gun held to my head, I don’t thing I could eat that stuff 😱

@stitchincarol – Belated birthday wishes! 🥳️🎉🎈🥂

Wishing everyone a pleasant & mindful weekend ⛅️ 🌈

Day 11 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Saturday FD !!! Yup, had a fabulous evening round at friends & with friends yesterday, slightly overindulged so going to throw in a FD today.

@stitchincarol – Happy birthday for yesterday young lady (same age as Mrs IHL) hope you had a fun day and you’re right, it’s how old you feel in your mind that helps. Especially when sometimes the body reminds you you’re not as young as you think you are 😉

This weekends job …. put up the Christmas decorations 🙂

Take care all

Pocket list day 11 (might be a very short one)

@i-hate-lettuce

Day 11 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@stitchincarol Happy Belated Birthday 🥳💐 hope you enjoyed a wonderful day.

A strange thing happened last night. I gave myself permission to open a bottle of wine and chose to to have an alcohol free beer with dinner instead. My dragon seems calm this month……or maybe she is just saving herself for Yuletide feasting?

Wet and dreary weather forecast for the weekend but I will drag myself out for a walk at some point today, I do feel the benefit of being outdoors in the fresh air during the short days of winter, it lightens my mood 🙂

Next FD is Monday, until then I will stay within TDEE.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 11 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. For the past three weeks, I’ve managed to end up on a plateau based on the weekly average, but I’m OK with that for December. The worrying thing was the uptick from mid-week a couple of weeks ago to mid-week this past week. I even hit 220 lbs this past Monday. However, my lowest Saturday weigh-in was 214, post-Thanksgiving a couple of weeks back. Then it jumped up last Saturday to 216. For two days straight, I’ve maintained 215 lbs. Seems to be the new baseline. Since I don’t plan another FD until Monday, I suspect a few more pounds will creep back on, but hopefully won’t see 220 again this month.

It is the last week I plan to work for the year coming up, so I know there will be lots of little office celebrations. I know for sure Wednesday and Friday are in the picture for food. Tuesday morning may be possible, too. I’ll plan Monday and Thursday to be my WFDs. I have successfully completed a ZBC this morning. We anticipate those horrible tornado producing storms in a few hours. The energy behind them should be diminished from yesterday when they caused much damage across the Midwest and southern states further to the west.

@stitchincarol Happy belated birthday greetings! Hope you escaped the storms relatively unscathed.

Best wishes to all on this Saturday.

Day 11 – USA – NFD

Just finished breakfast with a 1/2 a grapefruit and a big, fluffy blueberry muffin from Costco that some friends brought a couple weeks ago when they spent the night. Whew … more like cake texture than healthy muffin, but delicious.

@stitchincarol – belated Happy Birthday, dear Carol 🎶🎵🎶🎵🥂 happy birthday to YOU! You are but a spring chicken, girlfriend! Enjoy your 60’s — they are a terrific decade (says this one who is 73….)

@funshipfreddie @stitchincarol & @basyjames — the donuts were served in halves, large ones already cut, so that made it easier to just snag one then take some coffee and go sit with our singers. Truthfully, willpower is something I think I have exercised quite well since quitting smoking over 40 years ago. Now THAT took willpower. Maybe that is even why I have done well to stay at maintenance? Who knows.

Today is ILLINI basketball vs. Arizona so hoping for a great win this afternoon. It’s turned very windy with some snow here, so we will stay inside and assemble DH’s train set. Well, at least start it. It takes days to get it all right, all in the living room. He has already vacuumed. Good work!

Onward and downward.

Day 11 – 16:8

Overate yesterday. But mostly protein and healthy carbs mostly. Two rosemary shortbread cookies is still reasonable, I’m telling myself. I may need to pay more attention to getting adequate protein from the way I felt yesterday – demolishing such a large a portion of that roasted chicken, I think.

Please forgive my brevity and inattention here, but there is a whole lot going on just now and I’m needing to be focused.

Good wishes to all.

Day 11 – Rural Nebraska, USA – OMAD

Super late check in today; partly I was busy and partly I was absolutely empty of ambition, LOL. DH and I ended up letting the snow win last night; I grabbed some twice baked potatoes and stuffed pork chops at the grocery store that I only had to stick in the oven, and steamed some golden green beans to go with them, opened a lovely bottle of red and we called it good. And it truly was lovely not to have to drive in the snow that showed up right on schedule. So instead, we went out tonight, and it was a glorious dinner (Wild Mushroom Gnocchi for DH and Crispy Duck with Risotto and Sherry-glazed Carrots for me) that I managed to make an OMAD. After we ate, we drove around some upscale neighborhoods and admired the Christmas lights; fun, fun evening!

Tomorrow is the big family gathering about an hour away from us; we’re doing the meat (72-hour sous vide chuck roast) and potatoes (mashed that we’ll take in the crock pot) and those are either ready, or ready to be cooked, and the presents are wrapped and the wine set out ready to grab and go as soon as we get home from church.

Thankfully, Monday will be a FD!!! 😂🤣😂🤣 See you all then! Oh, and thanks for the lovely birthday wishes!

Day 12 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Fun morning yesterday, Christmas tree and decorations all done 🙂 always a fun job. From when we first got married we have collected something from every holiday we have been on, or been sent something from the kids when they have something special to celebrate. After 41 years there’s a lot of memories hanging on that tree …

Hope you all have a quiet Sunday, take care all.

Day 12 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Confession time. It’s been a very frustrating week, with the power going off virtually every day. We’ve got guys in the area installing fibre cables, I think, & they obviously don’t know what they’re doing. Last night the power went off just after 6 pm, & we were told it ‘might’ be back on by midnight. So irritating. I had cheese on Provita & er, vodka for dinner. So there you go; dry December is kaput! 🤦

@songbirdme – I agree, quitting smoking is probably the toughest thing I ever did too. It’ll be 16 years on January 1st for me. Now I seldom give it a thought, although oddly I sometimes still dream about it.

@northgeorgia – absolutely horrific the death & destruction those tornadoes have caused?! Stay safe! 🙏

Happy S🌞nday y’all!

Day 12 UK NFD

I’m back Had a great time visiting friends and family – realistically if I can stay steady or hopefully drop a lb or 2 in December I’ll be happy and then I’ll be heading up for a concerted effort in January , I’ll catch up on posts this afternoon and I’ll be on the lists tomorrow

Day 12 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. But egads, I have a full-blown ear infection. The fluid has my hearing diminished a bit on that side, but I think it’s outer ear instead of inner ear — at least no dizziness or nausea. Just feeling tired out.

Going to try to rest some, get fluids in me, do some light cleaning, and get my Christmas cards finished today.

Take care, all!

Day 13 country West Australia FD
    Busy week with grandchildren, work etc but looking forward to a well needed FD.

Day 13 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@northgeorgia – urgh? I hope you get that ear infection sorted out.

Aiming for a very sensible week, & definitely ‘dry til Fri’ 🥴️

Pocket List – Day 13 🥕
    @lilymartin
    @funshipfreddie

Day 13 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Pleased to report that I stuck to my plan to control red wine drinking over the weekend, just one empty wine bottle in the recycling bin. Now like @funshipfreddie I am going to have a sensible careful week, dry till Fri.

Pocket List – Day 13 🥕
    @lilymartin
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear

Together we are stronger 🙂

Day 13 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Another Monday morning FD for me again, been rather an odd return to the 5:2 WOL, I’m not as interested or bothered about food these days, I can take it or leave it? Although a good evening meal out Friday, but since…
    Breakfast coffee, nothing else, then when Mrs IHL asks anything you fancy food-wise today, find I’m not really bothered, very strange! However finding it easy to maintain where I am weight-wise.

Never been a F1 fan, but watched yesterdays race as son said should be worthwhile watching, what a farce, it was a race right to the end, then someone crashed which meant the guy who was second by a way was allowed to catch right up to the leader behind the safety car, who had a reasonable lead and should have won.
    Turned into a one lap ‘race’, the rules have got to be the most ridiculous in any ‘sport’ going?
    I’ll stick to watching rugby in future 😉

Take care all.

Pocket List – Day 13
    @lilymartin
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 13 – UK – FD (much needed!!!)

Apologies for being a bad host and being absent for the past 3 days – after a good week which ended with a CD on Friday, Saturday and Sunday ended up being a definite feast 🤭🤭

But I’m back today and I’m hoping for a strong RESOLVE for my FD

@songbirdme – I too was wondering how you managed only 1/2 a donut but as they were pre cut into halves it certainly made it easier to resist!
    @missybear – any loss is a win – good job on a controlled first 2 weeks of this challenge
    @basyjames – well done for sticking to your plan – making a plan is easy – sticking to it take RESOLVE
    @stitchincarol – Belated happy 63rd birthday – you have now caught up with me! Remember that age is just a number – it’s how you feel in your head, heart and body that really counts – BTW your evening at home sounds fab as did your meal out the next day!
    @mariaelena – you just reminded me that I still have to write and post my cards to UK addresses!!!
    @missybear – well done on resisting 🍷 I had a bottle over the weekend so fairly controlled but ate way too much!! The weather here has been rather miserable but I did go out for wander with a couple of friends yesterday despite the constant drizzle, at least it wasn’t cold!
    @northgeorgia – good job on the new lower weight plateau – December is a struggle so well done. I feel for you with an ear infection – does leave you feeling horrible – hope you feel better soon
    @i-hate-lettuce – very organised, I’m aiming to do the Christmas decorating this coming weekend if all goes to plan. I had the same thoughts about the F1 this weekend – not a good way to win a championship if you ask me…..it should have been Hamilton’s win all the way
    @brightonbelle – nice to see you back – I’m with you with being happy if I can end December at the same weight I started……
    @lilymartin – lovely to hear from you too – grandchildren time is to be treasured – they bring much joy!

I’m going to make a pot of tea and sit down to write those Christmas cards as they won’t be writing themselves 🤣 Meeting friends for coffee this afternoon so I can drop them in the post box on my way.

Pocket List – Day 13
    @lilymartin
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at

Day 13 UK FD

Aiming to get 2 FDs in this week and make sensible choices on the other days , need to start some serious Christmas planning – thanks for the reminder @mariaelena and @at – I need to buy stamps and write those cards out quick !

Pocket List – Day 13
    @lilymartin
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Day 13 – USA/GA – WFD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. Will get some antibiotic drops this evening for my ear infection. Pharmacy was out. I have some from eight years ago, so just doubling the drops going in until I get them.

Was nice to see the fully fed, weighted down weigh-in at the doctor’s office at 225 lbs.

Pocket List – Day 13
    @lilymartin
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Day 13 – Ireland – FD

Hi all, I hope you all had a great weekend!

I am trying to get back on an even keel after a weekend of excess … great times spent with great friends but I’m feeling it… excess really affects me pretty much immediately both in body and mind…

I do learn but then I forget just how increased sugar and alcohol makes me feel … it’s such a shame 😭

@at funny my tenuous connection /interest with Cricket is connected to Benfleet in Essex 😄.

I hope you all have a lovely Monday.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List – Day 13
    @lilymartin
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @jaifaim

Day 13 OMAD London

Still doing the ELAB ‘regime’. Can’t remember who recommended it here but I’m eternally grateful. Over the years I’ve got rid of clothes I couldn’t get into comfortably, but I’ve always hung onto a lovely Noa Noa skirt I couldn’t bear to part with. I just couldn’t get it done up. But today, it fits easily. Not sure how I’m going to cope in Italy over Christmas but I’ll give it a go. 😳😳😳

Day 13 – FD 500

500 Fast days have been difficult the past three weeks or so, but I’ve been able to do the 800’s. However my NFD’s have been more indulgent so I’m going to try to be strict this week. My mid month weigh in is Wednesday and I’m frankly worried. Also worried because I have been unable to do my enjoyable exercise and instead of finding an alternative I just let exercising slide completely. Will change that starting today, too.

I have to internally laugh over the 1/2 donut thing, I don’t like donuts, for some reason fried dough products are not appetizing to me. I have not had a donut in many decades. But once I mentally replace donut with chocolate croissant and am totally impressed with the restraint and resolve. 😊

Speaking of resolve, while I’m feeling that I’ve been over-indulging, I’m pleased to say we made the rosemary shortbread last weekend and there are still some shortbread cookies left. Apparently my DH has been replaced with a pod-person, because this is a true 1st in my home 😂

My mood and stress are probably my largest hurdles in my attempt to eat well (and, for that matter for keeping the exercising up) I am realizing. It has been a difficult couple of weeks, and my go to move is to just mentally give in to whatever food I want in the moment (or to just give in to the ‘I’ll exercise tomorrow feeling). I’m hoping that explicitly recognizing this connection will help me overcome or at least minimize this.

Well, lots of errands to do today, and need to get up and at ‘em.

Warm thoughts to the pocket list and everyone else as well!

Pocket List – Day 13
    @lilymartin
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @jaifaim
    @mariaelena

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 296 total)

You must be logged in to reply.