DECEMBER 2021 CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
DECEMBER 2021 CHALLENGE

This topic contains 275 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  jaifaim 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 296 total)

• Day 13 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500 if I find sufficient RESOLVE

I’ve been ignoring you all, hoping that if I did, I could also ignore the fact that I went from 139.0 on Friday to 141.0 to 143.0 to 145.0 this morning. sigh The challenge of losing weight is apparently far too difficult for me this December, and I’m simply thankful I have the week to fast and drop the weekend’s pounds!

DH and I went out on Saturday night, and I had a lovely crispy duck, and didn’t actually eat too much (it was OMAD), but the family Christmas gathering yesterday was an entirely different story that explains the 145.0. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

I’ve actually been thinking about it, and I didn’t eat that much because I couldn’t stop myself; I ate that much because I was looking for something that would be lovely and wonderful and thrill me, and I couldn’t find it, so I just kept eating, searching for that elusive food. I need to remember that next time I’m faced with a huge spread of food, and realize I can be filled with joy without needing food to do the filling.

Oops, a visitor just showed up, so must go until later!

Day 13 USA (Illinois – far from the tornado damage, thank the Lord) NFD

Just home from Silver Sneakers where a plate of Christmas cookies was brought to thank us for taking care of our eldest exercise partner, John, who is 93. His DIL baked. I brought home several selections to share with DH, and he proceeded to EAT THEM ALL! I had asked him to save me one little caramel in a small round pretzel. Obviously, I need to hide things from him if I want something. So, I guess I wasn’t supposed to indulge in that sweet today. Made homemade cream of mushroom soup that was delicious for lunch.

@stitchincarol – you are so funny! Since when is some item fully elusive at a smorgasbord of food?! Go figure. “Quick on, quick off” does seem to be my mantra when there is an overnight gain. Here’s to your quick off regimen.

@northgeorgia – sure do hope your ear infection heals up quickly.

Onward and downward.

Day 14 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Sorry I have not logged in a few days. Friday I had a super early appointment with my consultant who did the surgery on me in June. I have been suffering severe cramps in that area and frankly, I was getting really worried that something sinister might be afoot. But he totally explained what it probably is and I felt so relieved. Going to get a CT scan to rule everything out, but the relief I feel is immense.

Then the weekend was party central, plus I had yesterday as a day off so had some good time finalising the Christmas gifts etc..because thus weekend DH’s birth mum and sister come to visit.

It’s go,go, go….and unfortunately a couple of pounds decided to join the party. So FD for sure today, break fast with my salad st lunch then veg soup this evening.

I have been reflecting a LOT on 2021, and with the health issues I suffered, I am absolutely grateful to be alive and well and looking forward to being more alive and well in 2022!!!

Great to see the gang still here…..oh @funshipfreddie, you have nailed my aversion to seafood perfectly 😆

Pocket list Day 14
    @daffodil2010

Day 14 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Finally got round to nailing a MOAM walk yesterday, not done one for a while, rapid walk up the village and continued up the long hill to the top, certainly breathing heavily when I got to the top! By the time I was back home, only 20 minutes or so round trip, felt really good, clear head and wide awake!

Sounds like todays going to be a Christmas supermarket shop, then all we need next week will be fresh veg etc! Good news is (skip this bit non fishy persons) the store we’re heading off to has recently opened a SUSHI bar … treat time for me!

Take care all

Day 14 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

What a pocket list yesterday? That makes ten of us, if @stitchincarol found sufficient resolve – which I hope you did!

@daffodil2010 – 😅 good to know it’s not just me with the creepy-fish phobia 🐙 The looks I get if I tell someone I don’t eat, e.g. lobster. ‘How can you know you don’t like it if you’ve never eaten it?’ Well, I’ve never eaten a bat, or a centipede either, & I’m not likely to.

Day 14 UK NFD

Very happy to have nailed a straightforward <500 cals FD- no cheating or guessing and I feel better this morning for it

🍤what a dull world it would be if we all liked the same things @funshipfreddie

Aiming for a decent controlled day , out for lunch tomorrow 🌲

Day 14 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. I am feeling back on track with the lowest Tuesday weigh-in ever. Still probably won’t see my all-time low of 211 this week, but not bad for December. I’m doing ZBC today and probably OMAD. I have just packed some nuts and a banana for fast-breaking mid-afternoon, as I have to leave work early to meet my mother for an appointment of hers. I figure she’ll want to “pick something” up for my father on the way home LOL

Got the proper medicine from the doctor’s office last night, so fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. Four more days left at work this year. YAY!

Good luck, everyone!

Day 14 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

I had a good solid FD yesterday, went to bed a little hungry but slept really well and woke feeling refreshed. Now aiming for a couple of days of controlled healthy food choices before next FD on Thursday. Meals planned in advance, that always helps, and will stay dry till Fri.

@daffodil2010 glad you got reassurance from your consultant, health worries are so distracting. Enjoy your family celebrations. I expect more of the old gang will be back here in January.

Determined to have a good week, sticking to my resolve will reduce the risk of too big a silly season gain 😉

Have a great day all.

Day 14 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

@funshipfreddie Thanks, I did find sufficient RESOLVE for an almost-FD, and your explanation of what else you wouldn’t try (BATS????) made me laugh out loud. Sugared sweet potatoes are the only food I know of that could make me vomit (sorry to be so precise), so I don’t understand your and others’ aversion to shell fish, but it sure made me laugh!

@brightonbelle Well done on a stellar FD, a true accomplishment in this tough month!

@i-hate-lettuce Well done on your MOAM; it was good to hear about it again. DH and I–and, indeed, our kids also–all adore sushi, so we’d be right there with you and Mrs. IHL.

@northgeorgia NICE weigh in!

@daffodil2010 Very glad for you that there was a simple explanation and nothing fearful!

@missybear Well done on such a text-book FD!

A little over a year ago, I found a cleaning lady, and she has come every other week ever since then. That means I have completely tidied my house every other week ever since then. (It also means she has become a friend, an unexpected side benefit!) As I’ve been sitting knitting for several days, determined to finish the current sweater in time to wear it in Monterey (where we join my family for the twelve days of Christmas), I’ve been trying to figure out why I have enough time to simply sit and knit. I’m normally frantic with long lists during December, and this time to knit has me perplexed. And I finally figured it out. Usually, I’m struggling to get the house entirely picked up, and then get it all truly clean, instead of just “a lick and a promise.” Who knew she’d have such a benefit!

@songbirdme I smiled at your reaction to my search for the elusive satisfying food. You’re absolutely right that food was not elusive at that feast spread out, but it was all sweets, and something satisfying was certainly elusive!

Okay, another glorious WFD thanks to my piano teaching schedule. I do love Tuesdays! See you all tomorrow!

Day 14 – 16:8

Successful FD 500 yesterday- the first true 500 day I have managed in December. Bit the bullet and got on the scale and was relieved to see a 1lb drop since November. I’ll gladly take it.

I am at that in between stage where I’m looking ok, and comparatively (to mid-summer weight) quite good. But still a good 10lb above goal. This is the ‘danger Will Robinson’ stage for me because I find it way to easy to just say ‘You have done so well, just have what you want today’. Motivation is difficult and different now, I need to keep firmly planted in my fore-brain that health-wise I think I should drop the last 10. And keep eating my veggies!

We have a planned trip to see my father and Chicago area family in early April (if Covid allows). It would be lovely to have met my goal by then. So I need to beat that onto my brain as well. In Chicago we will see my naturally slim sister, and while I’m happy to say she has never done or said anything to compare our body differences, I am always aware of it in her presence.

@funshipfreddie Thank You!! As another who does not eat shellfish (the smell is what affects me for any and all seafood) I get a lot of judgmental comments and looks so your response has now been appropriated. I’ve never understood why others get so interested, agitated, and frustrated by my eating preferences (and egg allergy). I understand that I limit others by avoiding seafood restaurants (as the smell is my problem) but I can always find an entree and enjoy a meal anywhere else. I avoid the subject when possible, and certainly don’t bring it up myself, so am always confused by the intense scrutiny what I eat engenders.

It looks like our ten person pocket-list worked dang well for many yesterday, kudos to us all!

@stitchincarol and @songbirdme I am also familiar with that elusive search for something to hit the tastebuds just right – leading to indiscriminate snacking. Like an itch that wants to be scratched but is better off left alone.

Got to run now, I hope everyone has a good day.

Day 14 USA (Illinois) FD

Going to do a FD today since yesterday wasn’t so great. I am a salt craver (more than sweets) so wanted to try a “dirty martini” (including olives, my salt) and that upped my suppertime appetite to eat more than and later than I should have. Oh well.

@mariaelena and @funshipfreddie – I am beginning to understand my DH’s aversion to fish with your comments! He said his mother never cooked it, so likely that was why he really avoided it. He’s better about expensive shellfish (crab & lobster) than he is about any other fish. And we both do enjoy escargot! That’s probably the butter and garlic we love.

@mariaelena – enjoy plans for your Chicago trip! Got anything particular in mind to do? April can be so iffy weather wise!

@daffodil2010 – good to see you – enjoy all your family plans!

Pocket list Day 14
    @daffodil2010
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 14 – UK – FD800

Really pleased that after an indulgent 2 days I managed a FD500 yesterday and today has ended up a FD800!

Went for a walk from the Plumgarths roundabout up to Scout Scar via Gamblesmere lane with my regular walking group. @i-hate-lettuce you may know the area?? Yes it was muddy, foggy but dry – no views to admire but lots of chat as only 4 brave souls turned up for the walk and about 10 runners.

@brightonbelle – frightening how fast Christmas has crept up on us, only managed to write about half of my UK Christmas cards so far, must make an effort either tonight or tomorrow to finish it. Looks like we both nailed that FD500 yesterday as well as @mariaelena 🤗
    @jaifaim – weekend of excess certainly described my weekend too 🤣 so working hard to have a very controlled week!!
    @emma-taylor – how wonderful when a favourite item of clothing fits perfectly 😇
    @songbirdme – your DH must have been making sure you did not indulge – very caring of him 🤣
    @daffodil2010 – lovely to see you posting – 🤞your CT Scan provides good news
    @northgeorgia – Wow 213 today – your lowest Tuesday weigh-in ever!!! 👍 Hopefully the ear infection settles with the new treatment
    @missybear – I think you certainly have company this week with being “Determined to have a good week, sticking to my resolve will reduce the risk of too big a silly season gain 😉”

Pocket list Day 14
    @daffodil2010
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @songbirdme
    @at FD800

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

@at – you are FAR too kind to my DH! 😁

Day 15 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@songbirdme – escargot?!! No. No no no no, and…no again. I’d rather jump out of a plane with a dodgy parachute 😱

Wishing RESOLVE to today’s fasters 🎯

Happy Hump Day! 🐫 🐪

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Good FD to plan yesterday and the weekend weight is gone. Same today, break my fast with my lunchtime salad and I have a chicken and veg soup for dinner.

@funshipfreddie..now lobster…funny thing, if you put one down on a plate in front of me I would back away in horror..BUT..years ago, when visiting my sister in The Hamptons, and one of her friends was turning 50 and invited us to his for dinner. He is a famous NYC chef so anyway, this AMAZING pasta course was served and was/is the most delicious I have tasted. Turns out the pasta had lobster meat! It was yum! Main course was rare (extremely rare) venison served with baked sweet potato….I cannot eat either now as the blood was too much…but I had to eat it!,

Well now, hope everyone is ZBC today after that!

@stichincarol I remember you getting your cleaner, how great that you are now friends ☺️

@at and @i-hate-lettuce….we will be staying near Maryport this Christmas, is that around your area? Shocking that I don’t know UK geography, I must look at a map before our trip!

@songbirdme…nope, escargot I will never try. Funny how different we all are 😆

@missybear, thanks, it was so good to have things fully explained to me by my consultant, pity it wasn’t done sooner, but so glad I reached out instead of worrying and suffering b

Have a great Wednesday hunk day 🐪

Day 15 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

@at – Scout Scar, yes we regularly amble around that area, on a clear day the views across the Lyth valley and towards the Langdales are pretty impressive. Shame about the misty weather the last few days.

@daffodil2010 – Maryport, on the coast up in the NW corner, land of the ‘Marras and Morts’ (hope you meet up with some of the older generation who speak the dialect, especially around Aspatria 😉 You’re handy for two particularly nice areas, Bassenthwaite and Derwent Water, also three other even nicer areas in my opinion, Lowes Water, Crummock Water and Buttermere.
    Take your walking boots and fingers crossed for nice weather for you. Cold and crispy with some sunshine would be spectacular.

Off out into town…again!

Take care all

Day 15 UK NFD

Aiming for wise choices today – FD tomorrow, December is wizzing by

Sneeky Lost in space reference there @mariaelena You watching s3 ?

Happy 🐫day all

Day 15 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs (almost 214). ZBC today, and then our lunch group will exchange presents, probably at Olive Garden. I’ll do a FD tomorrow.

Good luck to all today!

Day 15 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Life threw a spanner in the works yesterday. Long story short, I got wound up by the stressful events of the day and ended up drinking 2 glasses of wine in the evening so dry till Fri is a big fat fail for me this week. Oh well today is another day and I am hanging tightly onto my dwindling resolve and at least food consumption has remained controlled.

Be back tomorrow to join the Thursday fasters.

Day 15 – FD 500

@brightonbelle – wow I did not even know there was a current Lost in Space show! In college, we used to gather in the TV room above our school cafeteria and watch Lost in Space reruns. I’ve been using that phrase for decades 😂

@i-hate-lettuce every time I see your header, I think if Eliza Bennett and how they had to change their vacation plans because they did not have enough time to visit the Lake District. I think I’ll take it as a sign I need to pull out my Austen and do a reread. It has probably been a decade or more since I did.

@Dafodil2010 I think that meal would have been too much for me. I did once go to a dinner party where they served salmon as a main course. But I had an odd trick that got me through it. I had surgery as a young adult that left my tastebuds on 1/2 my tongue disconnected. Now this is not generally a problem, eating slowly and chewing food gives me the impression that I have a full taste all through the mouth (I imagine it is partly a trick of my brain as well.). So that night I cut the salmon into tiny pieces I could pop onto the non-tasting part of my mouth and swallow rapidly before the smell hit me. I didn’t eat much, but enough to not be noticeable.

@at sounds like you are having a quite successful week with your eating. That is certainly something this time of year!

@songbirdme I lived some of my childhood in Chicago, and after we were married my husband and I lived there for several years. I’m an avid photographer (abstract and architecture not portraits) so I’m looking forward to wandering. It is a great city to photograph. Mostly, tho, since we are highly cautious about pandemic precautions anyway, and my 90 yr old father is the focus of our visit and we will be extra cautious with his health risks, we have limited plans. Just being able to see my papa after 2 1/2 years will be enough for me – even if we all need to be masked (hoping not, but expecting we will). I do know that Chicago Stuffed Pizza, proper Chicago hot dogs, Tandoori Chicken with naan, Gyros, and other foods I associate with the city or know good restaurants for will be consumed as takeout. 😀

@funshipfeeddie escargot vs jumping out a plane … still considering that one 😂😂😂

@stitchincarol I’m still a tad envious of the knitting. What a marvelous thing to be able to do!

@missybear Life stress will throw us off course – my sympathies. Don’t be too hard on yourself and we will have your back tomorrow!

Looks like I’m the 1st (only?) on pocket list today.

Pocket list Day 15⛄️
    @mariaelena

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – OMAD

Yesterday’s WF was completely successful, but not without the use of RESOLVE. After all the carbs I had over the weekend, I was still under their influence; I’m pleased I resisted all temptations, including the package of Pineberries (white strawberries) I bought at the grocery store. Anyone heard of or tasted these? DH said they’re rather tasteless, but what little taste they have is strawberry; I’m looking forward to tasting them later today.

Escargot is something I’ve never tried, but would be willing. Jumping out of an airplane is something I’ve never tried, and never plan to do. (Although DS30 did when he was in the Army National Guard, and he loved, loved, loved it. Silly boy.) @mariaelena, who knew the non-tasting side of your tongue would be so wonderfully handy?!? 😂🤣😂

I have a full and busy day today, which will certainly help keep me out of the kitchen and away from food until our supper tonight of asparagus and salmon (it makes me grin that salmon is what I chose to pull from the freezer last night).

Have a grand day, everyone. How warm and lovely I feel each morning after reading the chatter of my forum friends!

Pocket list Day 15⛄️
    @mariaelena

Day 15 USA (Illinois) NFD

Going to break my fast shortly. Silver Sneakers teacher wasn’t feeling well, so no class, just did my groceries in town. Also my local farm store still had bird suet cakes on sale, so loaded up on them too. Funny thing: that store still had a few fall-planting bulbs (tulips, etc.) in a far case. We are having a record-setting heat wave today – due to be 65′ F. (18.3 C.) today, and the ground still isn’t frozen. Would I plant more bulbs? No, but fun to think about.

FD went fine yesterday except I did add a little popcorn at the theater last night. Our historian/commentators showed “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.” We love their presentations of tidbits about the films and audience participation. Found out the writer of that and many Chicagoland “based” comedies went to my sister high school! I didn’t know him – he was just a couple years younger.

ESCARGOT has brought up some interesting conversations! We had to be convinced to try them ourselves as newlyweds in Germany (American Army stint) – almost left the country without trying, but we instantly loved them. You just forget it’s a slimy little snail and enjoy the garlic butter taste.

@mariaelena – you will have a terrific Chicago time despite any weather. Truly a terrific city to photograph and eat at. Truly it will be wonderful to see your papa. Yes, COVID is nothing to sneeze at.

@at – I am also behind on Christmas card writing, but pretty much up to date on presents at least!

Onward and downward.

@

Day 15 North Canton OH FD

Another long break from posting but I have been compliant with my plan, and registering lovely numbers on the scale as a result. Reading Jason Fung’s book in the month of November and December has been very helpful for resolve.

@funshipfreddie LOL!!! Escargot is really tasty but I understand the aversion. I love seafood, and will eat almost any kind, but I have a huge aversion to seeing onions in my food. I can eat it if it’s hidden (chopped, blended etc.) but once it is visible- not happening, and no one can understand it. And you could not pay me to jump out of an airplane 🤣😂🤣

@stitchincarol pineberries?!! I have never heard of them. DD loves strawberries, I wonder if she would like them as well

Have a wonderful day everyone

Pocket list Day 15⛄️
    @mariaelena
    @basyjames

Day 15 – UK – FD800

Not planned on another FD but busy day led to OMAD FD800 so I’ll take it!

Woke up early to bake a Sticky Apple and Maple Syrup cake with Maple Syrup cream cheese frosting to be part of the xmas bags we will packing then delivering to our Evergreen Group (last minute decision to cancel the get together due to increasing Omicron numbers so we thought we would deliver some xmas cheer to them instead)

A lovely 90min restorative Yoga Class followed by coffee and chat – our last official class for this year!

Back home for a quick shower before heading to the Parish Centre to meet with 3 other volunteers to pack the xmas bags. Each bag had – xmas cracker – card – a word puzzle – small bag of chocolates – a square of my cake – a butterfly cupcake (made by another volunteer) and a mince pie donated by a local bakery – 25 bags made up and then we delivered them between the 4 of us 🎄 Certainly everyone I delivered to were very happy to see me and the goodies and all were very understanding about the cancellation of the planned party 🎄

Also baked an Italian Apple cake for OH when I got back home, he is not fond of very sweet cakes, hence a version that I know he loves ❤️

@songbirdme – 🤣
    @funshipfreddie – sorry but I have to admit to loving any type of shellfish and seafood and also love escargots (but as others have said I suspect it’s the garlic butter that works here!
    @daffodil2010 – Maryport is about an hours drive from where I live in Ambleside but I have visited a few times and it’s a lovely harbour town with a lovely coastal road A596 allowing visits to Workington, Whitehaven and St Bees – I’m sure you’ll enjoy the area and I see that @i-hate-lettuce has mentioned other areas worth driving to also
    @basyjames – great to hear you are in a good space and registering lovely numbers on the scale as a result!

Right I’m going to make a cup of tea and sit down to finish that last dozen or so Christmas cards that are still sitting there…..putting myself on the pocket list to ensure my RESOLVE stays strong and keeps me on that unplanned FD – having said that a glass of wine would help my writing 🤣🤣 but no I won’t be tempted……

Pocket list Day 15⛄️
    @daffodil2010
    @mariaelena
    @basyjames
    @at

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

Day 16 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Got to be a FD this morning, not been very active this week apart from one MOAM walk, need to be careful, out again this Saturday evening and then all the Christmas goodies!

8am here in UK and it’s very dark outside, no wonder animals hibernate, although not cold it’s a bit miserable out there. Rather misty/foggy and very damp, give it an hour or so and see about a wander out.

Take care all

Pocket list day 15

@i-hate-lettuce

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -NFD

Thanks so much @i-hate-lettuce and @at for your tips on places to visit and see on our UK trip at Xmas. Will defo bring the walking boots and sticks with us. So excited….I haven’t left Irish shores since February 2020 so despite Omicron U cannot wait to go somewhere different!!

Waiting to be called for my booster though, as I got the one shot Jaansen one in May I would say my vaccine has dwindled, but funny, this time I am not so worried and don’t even care! Yes, I want my booster but if not called I won’t be queuing for hours in a cold walk-in vaccine centre.

@maria-elena, that was a good trick with the salmon and the non taste bud side of your mouth…..for me, I had to use the baked sweet potato to hide the taste of the bloody venison and to this day I cannot stomach a baked sweet potato.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 16 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@songbirdme – “You just forget it’s a slimy little snail…” Um, how?!! 😳

The government’s just announced that we’re staying on lockdown level 1, despite the 4th wave/Omicron. I guess they’re more concerned about jobs & the economy. So thousands of holidaymakers are streaming into our province for the holidays. I think the situation could be quite grim by next month.

I haven’t been sensible at all this week; so I’m determined to make this a good FD. 💪

Pocket List – Day 16 🍓
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie

Day 16 – USA/GA – WFD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. Looking forward to a good FD today. Trending a couple of pounds lighter over last week. Got to run. Good luck everyone!

Pocket List – Day 16 🍓
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 16 UK FD

Had a lovely lunch out yesterday thought I was being quite frugal with my choices – what a shocker when I added it up on MFP!!

Anyway reset day today

@mariaelena – there’s a brand new show on Netflix 🤖

Pocket List – Day 16 🍓
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle

Day 16 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Joining the pocket list for company 🙂

Pocket List – Day 16 🍓
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500 or perhaps WFD

Yesterday was fine, food-wise. Weather? Goodness. Schools all over the area were cancelled. Why, you ask? Because there was going to be wind. But we woke up to a mild day with sunshine and a bit of a breeze. It continued sunny, and got so warm we broke records for the 15th of December. By two o’clock, you could see faint clouds forming in the west. By 2:45, the clouds were heading in. Three saw dark clouds. By 3:30, the wind was howling like I’ve seldom heard or seen. At four o’clock it started pounding rain sideways, and our outdoor Christmas lights were turned on by the automatic sensor. It was frankly terrifying. At 4:15, the skies were bright and the storm was gone, although the high winds remained.

Weird, weird, weird day! Very good schools were closed, because there would have been loads of traffic on the roads right when the storms hit. And this morning, @i-hate-lettuce? 8:20 and the sky is blue and the sun is shining everywhere. Amazing how a different latitude can make such a difference in timing for the sun/light!

Another busy day. Need to get some more Christmas cookies mixed, scooped and frozen so I can bake them next week, but I keep putting it off, knowing I’ll want to eat the cookie dough. Perhaps first thing tomorrow, when my resolve is the strongest.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 16 🍓
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @stitchincarol

Day 16 – 16:8

Homemade veggie soup yesterday on my fast 500 day. I was hungry by evening and wanted to snack but leant into the feeling of pride I felt for controlling that, and reminded myself I would not need to fast again this week and felt very good when that passed.

Since August I’ve been regularly dropping 4-6 lb a month – but decided I would aim for 0-2 lb in December, 😀 because December 😀, and my mid month weigh in has me a 1lb down so I’m doing good. Other stuff besides eating has been out of whack this month, so it is very helpful to see something go right.

@brightonbelle are you a fan of the Netflix Lost in Space? Do you recommend it?

@funshipfreddie You keep me smiling with the seafood commentary replies! I am with you! (And like many have commented I am so glad we all don’t agree, it would be quite a boring world without different opinions and tastes 😀)

@at I have to ask about Italian Apple cake. It sounds intriguing and like a treat my DH could get behind.

@basyjames I have a friend that has a similar onion response. She finds it difficult to order something in restaurants as onions seem to be in everything mostly visibly. When going out with her in the group we mostly chose places with a buffet bar.

@songbirdme I found living in Chicago a bit too frenetic for me, but I think it is a wonderful travel destination. A theater and museum junky, with an intense interest in architecture, and a special love for breezes coming in from over a large body of water? A very happy place for me. Re: theater popcorn (YUM) I have a trick to share. Popping at home in coconut oil (the cheaper flavour less kind) instead of butter results somehow in theater popcorn taste. It is so good, I don’t need to add extra butter over the top.

@stitchincarol how were the pine berries? Never heard of them before. And, yes, the pop onto the right side of my mouth and swallow trick has been an unexpected useful tool- particularly helpful for swallowing pills.

Ok, the day awaits and I seem to have an anxious cat this morning so I’m going to start with a long grooming session with him. Benefits to both of us with waves of love and calm feelings, not to mention 🤞 less hair balls 😂

Be well everyone

Day 16 North Canton OH FD

Another day, another dollar – with 50 cents off for tax 😎

@mariaelena glad to know I am not the only one. I can usually eat anywhere. I just ask them to hold the onions. When they are unable to do that, which has happened a few times, I order something else.

@Srtitchincarol wishing you strong resolve on your cookie baking

@brightonbelle that shows you the importance of food logging, so many people I know tell me they barely eat anything and cannot understand why they are gaining weight or at the least not losing. A food diary always highlights the opposite, it all adds up

@funshipfreddie I cannot shake the feeling that we are all in trouble. It is not so much the virus but what it has done to our healthcare system. Caregivers are doing the best they can but the system is pretty overloaded. I review Healthcare Quality complaints and the situation is truly dire, 7-8 hour waits in the ED, nurses triaging care because they have no choice. It’s crazy and I feel very sorry for anyone who has to seek care right now because you will not be getting 1/10 of the care that you would have gotten 2 years ago. I can’t blame the caregivers because they are burned out.

Soldier on everyone.

Pocket List – Day 16 🍓
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames

Day 16 – Ireland – CD

Hi all, I hope you are well… I’ve been keeping a low profile trying to get back into the zone after last weekend.

Two good FDs had this week. A lunch out yesterday and hopefully a good CD today… all feels like I’m back on track.

Sorry no time to read posts but will catch up tomorrow.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Holding steady which is as good as can be expected. DH’s birth Mum and half sister are arriving from the UK to stay with us for the weekend so DH has gone off to work like an excited 5 year old ☺️

He is picking them up from Dublin airport at lunchtime and is soooo going to do that Arrivals Hall thing with the big hugs and embraces. Wish I was there to capture it on film 😄 But I have work all day. There will be prosecco tonight 🍾

So it’s a busy weekend, going to enjoy it. Have a great one everyone, see you all on Monday.

Day 17 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Have to be quick this morning, power going off soon, routine work clearing power lines!
    An excuse for Mrs IHL to take her out to the homeware shops …. 🙁

However a bit brighter here this morning so if nothing else we’ll also head for a walk as well. Where’s the month gone, all the Christmas plans still in the air? Will we get visitors or not? Our friends/neighbours are planning a round of parties in case none of us get visitors, we’ll just visit each other 😉

Take care all

Day 17 UK NFD

Morning ! Yes a bit of Sun here too today , off walking/shopping to enjoy☀️

@mariaelena Personally I really enjoy Lost in Space but sci fi , it’s a bit like seafood,escargot and marmite 😀

Have a good Friday all x

Day 17 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. No ZBC this morning; I’m buying breakfast for the staff and woke up early to bake some hash rounds (so I had to test for doneness)! This makes twice I hit 213 this week. Yay! Still not back at the record 211/212 levels, but approaching it. I’ll probably hit it right when I hit it last time, right before the actual holiday — then the bump upwards!

It’s interesting to compare the charts last year to this year. Last year, weight loss was quick but starting to seriously slow down. The post-Thanksgiving bump was hardly noticeable and a 2 lb weight loss continued into early December, then plateaued through mid-January. This year, weight loss has picked up again. The post-Thanksgiving bump was very noticeable, with a 9 lb swing (3 lb 10-day average uptick) until early December, to a 6 lb drop (2 lb 10-day average fall) downward to today.

All of that to say, I’m OK if it’s a maintenance month, but I’ll still have to work at it to make it so. January will be a lot easier!

Enjoy the season but be sensible when not celebrating with others!

Day 17 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Just checking in for accountability. Have a good day everyone.

Day 17 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday became a MFD, and I am happy with the scale this morning. Been pretty busy with stuff around the house, so not eating much. Our gym has power again this morning (high winds wrecked havoc with power lines all over our area) so will have Silver Sneakers shortly. I’m hungry, but will make it a ZBC day and wait for lunch.

@northgeorgia – hash rounds sound delicious. Will have to google that item. Your devotion to our WOL is really working for you. Maintenance month for December is just fine.

@brightonbelle – I’m with you about most Sci-Fi (books, TV, movies) as well. I have occasionally liked some of it, but not really a fan. My DH read all the books growing up. His most interesting observation is that NONE of the writers could see the Internet coming. How it has changed our lives!

@daffodil2010 – what a weekend for your whole family! I think it is so exciting that you will host such important people from your DH’s genetic history. Enjoy the prosecco and all!

@basyjames – your ominous prediction about our healthcare crisis is so prescient. We see it all over – small towns and big cities. And how many businesses have suffered as well? Is this all portending even worse situations and catastrophes? Can be so unsettling.

Onward and downward.

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Haven’t yet decided on the entire eating plan for today, but this morning’s 138.0 should be motivation to me to eat minimally and reasonably. Yesterday did indeed end up being a WFD, my first Thursday ever, and I’m having serious PFDS this morning.

@mariaelena I forgot to answer you about the Pineberries: they look like regular strawberries except they’re white with red seeds. They also taste like regular strawberries except blander. They supposedly have a hint of pineapple (hence the name, I’m guessing), but neither DH nor I could taste that. It was fun to have them, but I won’t bother again unless I’m assured this first package was a fluke and they’re normally far yummier and worth the higher cost.

@daffodil2010 What an absolutely lovely weekend this will be for you and DH and his family; enjoy!!!

@i-hate-lettuce Having plans up in the air is so frustrating, isn’t it? Sounds like you’ll still have fun with friends/neighbors, but I’m sure you’d rather stick to your original plan with family, right?

@northgeorgia “Hash rounds”?? I would think you mean hash browns that are the little round things, but if you’re buying breakfast, then why are you cooking that, and if you take it to them, it will no longer be hot, so what in the world….???? (Those were all my thoughts trying to figure it out.) Is this some cool breakfast dish? Nice, nice weigh-in, by the way.

Okay, off to mix up cookie dough, roll it into balls, and freeze it. Well, two of the recipes; the third I’m making is date nut swirls, and that gets rolled out, spread with a cooked date/walnut mixture, then rolled up, frozen, and sliced to be baked. It’s my mom’s recipe, and tastes like Christmas to me. 💖🎄 Our photo cards finally arrived, so Christmas cards will go out soon, and this weekend will be wrapping-paper central at my house.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 17 – 16:8

Life keeps moving. As the cold weather comes and goes here, we succumbed to the feline overlords and have cracked the garage door so old friends and the newer kittens (well, now small cat size) have somewhere warmer, out of wind and rain, and safe to retreat. There are coyotes in the area, so it is indeed a small crack, we are considering more permanent options. But watching the three brothers play when I head to the garage to do laundry is a treat. They are all black and white, difficult to distinguish from one another, and we call them the “cookies” (reference to Oreo cookies). Their youthful joy and curiosity is a marvel to behold.

We have some homemade shelters in the yard, with a heating pad in bottom, but we think we will reorganize the garage and bring those inside for cookies and two neighborhood felines that have made our residence their home base. We both wish we could rescue them all, or wish the local rescue groups were not so overwhelmed and could take them. But, they are fed well and safer than so many ferals. I’ll take that.

@brightonbelle and @songbirdme DH and I are big time Sci-fi readers, but I do not enjoy movie:TV ‘action sequences’ or violence. So sometimes DH watches a movie and if the themes/premise is good, we do a special short watch where he uses the FF button to skip those. (I have always been like this, as a child I would not even watch looney tunes cartoons because I thought they were boring and mean.) As for the internet I recall one and only one such book that predicted it, and wow, nailed it. Friday, by Robert Heinlein Note, I can not recommend the book tho, the level of misogyny is simply ghastly.

I have new neighbors- the scuttle but is they rang the doorbell and offered the former residents cash (lots) for the house. The former residents were not good neighbors but the amount of work being done on that house now and the grounds now is very annoying. Sun up to Sun down loud machinery and workers. It was a beautiful older (1920’s) home and the inside was mostly original pristine old fashioned style when the former former residents (friends) lived there so either the inside was trashed by the last residents or these folks have more money than taste. They pulled up the award winning garden in the backyard paved a significant portion and then installed a 9 foot wooden fence between their yards and the neighbors (us and the other side) so I’m probably just biased. But I sure hope they finish soon because man it would be nice to enjoy a peaceful morning without the noise. This morning it is a chainsaw for reasons unknown. Sigh. Our neighbor on the other side passed away last year and his house went on the market this week and I’m worried about what that will mean as well.

Sorry, just kvetching. I miss my friends who used to live there.

Well, much to do here. Hoping everyone has a quiet, safe and good day!

Day 17 – second post

Just finished baking and finishing up my cake for my aunt’s gathering tomorrow. More cooking in the morning. I behaved abysmally today and dread the scales tomorrow. Too many sweets and carbs and I didn’t stop.

Hash rounds…hmm, it’s a thing.

https://www.kroger.com/p/kroger-tater-rounds/0001111087586
    https://www.hardees.com/menu/breakfast-sweets-and-sides/hash-rounds

I decided to buy them at the supermarket and bake them up at home to get better bang for the buck, then pick up the biscuits on the way to work. Yeah, not quite piping hot, but the ones there early got the freshest, warmest selections 🙂 Haha

Day 18 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Not a good start to the weekend. I opened a bottle of cherry Merlot last night, and well, not a lot left in there this morning. 🥴️ I need to get a grip! I think I’ll stay away from the scales until after Monday’s FD 🤦

@daffodil2010 – I hope your family get-together is all you hope it to be!

Have a lovely weekend everyone ⛅️ 🌈

Day 18 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

@brightonbelle – ‘seafood,escargot and marmite’ well, I’ll eat all three, but not an omelette I’d like to try with all 3 together 😉

@stitchincarol – You’re right about the plans, much sooner see family, but not sure it’s going to happen again this Christmas! However, good bunch of friends/neighbours here, so either scenario covered. Not going to be a grumpy miserable time.

@mariaelena – Always a worry with new neighbours, we were lucky, the new neighbours that arrived 3 or 4 years ago have very quickly become good friends, really nice folk. They replaced a family who ‘had problems’ with teenage children, a number of people here were happy to see them leave.

Talking of neighbours, round visiting some of the gang again tonight! The only ‘problem’ with our friends and neighbours… they’re very generous with food, drink and their hospitality 😉
    We won’t be eating before this evening! They all seem to have ‘bad wrists’ … especially when it comes to pouring drinks, they seem to have a problem stopping the liquids from filling a glass! However, we’re equally as guilty, but all good fun and lots of laughs. A great bunch of people.

Take care all

Day 18 UK NFD

Ha ha @i-hate-lettuce I think that wrist problem is prevalent in our house too!

Cold but lovely blue sky here today off for a nice walk then meeting up for drinks food Have a good one all x

Day 18 – USA/GA – NFD

First family Christmas gathering today, and more baking to do this morning! Weigh-in: 216 lbs. A four-week plateau continues, and maintenance for December sounds like a hard enough goal. Enter the holidays the next two weeks. Good luck everyone!!

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – ???

@funshipfreddie Like you, I did not have a good start to the weekend yesterday. I actually did stupendously with the first batch of cookie dough, not nibbling even the tiniest amount, and nearly came to post in pride how well I’d done. But the second batch of cookies wasn’t as successful–although not bad!–and then the batch of fudge made me lose it. And the chips DH opened. And the bottle of wine I opened. This morning’s scale number is sufficiently ugly that I won’t give further details, LOL.

BUT I’m thrilled with a new product I tried last night: The Wand. You put it in your wine and it sucks up all the histamines and tannins, and you supposedly don’t get a headache. And I didn’t! That bad news is that the box says one is good for one 6oz glass, and at $2.50 each (I think…don’t actually remember), that’s not cheap. After the success last night I’m going to try again using just one wand for two glasses (which is my usual limit anyway). I’m thrilled to have an alternative to my regular does of two Excedrin!

@i-hate-lettuce Too funny about neighbors have bad wrists, LOL!

Half of me thinks I should just give up until January–and the other half of me is deeply thankful I’m trying at all! And, I keep reminding myself that although 143 is as common a sight as 139 is, 147 hasn’t shown up at all, let alone the 152 that was common in July, so I’m doing very well. So I’ll live life, fasting when I can, and enjoying life and food when I can’t.

Today is another crazy-busy day, but if I can accomplish all that’s on my list, I’ll be in a much more relaxed pace next week. Fingers crossed I find all the resolve needed to accomplish everything!

Have a grand one, all my forum friends!

Day 18 – 16:8

Ate well yesterday, it was an OMAD day. A weekend full of activities errands and projects planned, we will be busy. Busy weekends mean my DH will probably do lots of takeout- so I’ll probably dip into my frozen soups. I intend them for 5:2 days, but they are so quick and easy so I end up using them up very quickly.

Saw a internet cooking video for Italian Wedding soup that I’m itching to try. I have noticed as I am eating less, and way less highly processed foods, I am excited by highly flavourful recipes- and that I make the meals I eat count by keeping the taste buds happy. This soup sounds so tasty and healthy, just what I’m looking for. December seasonal stuff and life keeps happening so I don’t know when I’ll have the chance to try it.

Enjoy your weekends, all!

Day 18 North Canton OH NFD

A rare weekend post from me and I am finally caught post on everyone’s posts. Glad to see you are all soldiering on – one day at a time, which is the ticket. I saw my doctor yesterday for my Annual Wellness Visit, and she is very happy with my weight, BMI and daily routine. I got some bloodwork done and I am curious to see what my cholesterol numbers are, fingers crossed that my LDL has dropped to normal. I am also scheduled for an echocardiogram, mammogram, and colonoscopy. Getting older is so much fun isn’t it!!! Not complaining though, it beats the alternative, and I am thankful.

This is the last weekend before Christmas. I still can’t believe that the year is almost ended. Enjoy and savor the moments and be safe

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 296 total)

You must be logged in to reply.