DECEMBER 2021 CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
DECEMBER 2021 CHALLENGE

This topic contains 275 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  jaifaim 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 296 total)

• Day 3 North Canton OH FD

Yesterday was a non fast day and I just realized that I did not post yesterday oops sorry everyone.

@i hate lettuce so glad to see you check in. Kudos on taking the time to get the space between your ears right; and spending time with MrsIHL. So necessary and even more important with what is going on around us.

@at you are right, I just completely chucked 2022 out the window LOL and I did not even realize until you pointed it out.

@stitcincarol I am not sure that I could be surrounded by all those incredible smells and sights and still jhold steady on a friday. I can resist anything on a Monday, but Fridays require a little more resolve and I try to stay away from temptation. So hats off to you my friend.

Oh and I am fasting with OH now, he decided to ADF. We water fast every other day, break together and share a meal together. After reading up on the benefits of bone broth, he was inspired to head off to the butcher shop to get some beef and chicken bone which he used to produce the tastiest and silkiest bone broth I have ever sipped.

It appears that I am the only one fasting today.

Any other takers

Pocket list Day 3
    @basyjames

Day 3 – 16:8

Accountability post and well wishes to all.

Day 3 – second post

Successfully completed OMAD. It was a huge steakhouse dinner with shrimp, chicken, fries, mac and cheese, cola, and ice cream on a lava cake, but…uh…

Yeah, anyway, good night LOL

Day 3 – AUS – 16:8

(1) 2 x Coffee/milk/1 sugar, 1 biscuit
    (2) Roasted eggplant potato carrot, basmatic rice
    (3) 2 takeaway restaurant seafood dumplings
    (4) Green tea and water

Gd part: n/a
    Bad part: strained back, cannot bend, gosh! likely to eat some more.

Start: 55kg
    Today: 54kg

Day 3 USA – NFD

Grapefruit & a cinnamon raisin muffin for breakfast then nothing until our Madrigal Dinner tonight. Ate well without too terribly many carbs. Well, a small piece of “figgy pudding” that was appropriate.

Hope I can reply more in the morning – off to sleep.

Onward and downward.

Second post

@penz Good morning! (Or do you not post on weekends????)

Day 4 – Ireland – NFD ✅ 🚫

Hi everyone!

Another busy day yesterday…I forgot to plank so must try that today.

I hope your Friday fast went well @basyjames 💪. Great that your DH is up for the challenge too 👏

@stitchincarol I hear you… and can relate … sometimes my posts are longer and more chatty than other (when I do post), it very much depends on what’s going on in my day to day and how my focus is doing … I type on my phone so it’s sometimes hard to remember the news once I’ve clicked away from the site and into my notes 🤔. I also get distracted VERY easily 🤣

@songbirdme I hope you enjoyed your evening. How does a madrigal dinner work?

Have a good day weekend everyone.. I’m with my mum and hopefully we’ll have a good day. She is a little stressed at the moment as “has no shopping done” and thinks Christmas day is tomorrow… damn those early television ads 🤨🤣. My mum has not been in a shop in 5 years or more 🤣😉🥰
    Thinking of @flourbaby who I hope is out there and doing ok as well with caring for her mum 👵.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 4 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

The run in to Christmas, Mrs IHL is baking all sorts of goodies and the spare freezer is starting to fill as usual! The weathers gone wintery, Monday couldn’t get down the road because of snow, by Thursday all the snow had completely gone, bright sunshine and blue skies, fabulous long walk in the warm, same yesterday morning.
    Raining heavily this morning and very glum, might not get off the property today, except for a quick wander round the village.

@stitchincarol … We had our annual Christmas pudding making session a few weeks ago, one large one for Christmas Day and several small ones (for 2 people) which are gifts for folk, well some are.

My sense of humour kicking in ….
    @emmataylor …. Eat like a bear, I have been known to do this, but it’s more like Yogi and Booboo from Jellystone Park and pinching picnic baskets 😉 🙂
    people of a certain age may remember the cartoons, sorry 🙂

Might not call in first thing tomorrow, another Christmas Market day, but in the small town where Mrs IHL used to live, so going for a nosy round and try and meet up with niece who still lives there.

Take care all

Day 4 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@daffodil2010, @i-hate-lettuce – Unlike most of Africa, the vaccines are freely available here to everyone 12 & over; our main problem is vaccine hesitancy. And many people got the first jab, but haven’t bothered with the 2nd?! Our scientists are now saying the Omicron variant spreads more than twice as fast as Delta. The government is planning to introduce mandatory vaccinations from next year, & the queues have started appearing again at vaccination centres this week.

@jaifaim – The Jewel of India was perfect. I can highly recommend the chicken tikka masala 😋 And later I even managed to hang onto most of my money 🙄

@i-hate-lettuce – 😅 my (cat) Boo Boo eats enough for two bears!

Brief article from Dr Mosley:- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10272759/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-Ive-banned-unjabbed-friend-festive-party.html

Have a great weekend. ⛅️ 🌈

Day 4 – TDEE
    Day 3 – TDEE

Sorry for not posting yesterday but a busy, non stop kind of a day starting with a 1/2hr drive to meet with my regular walking group for a very enjoyable and fairly brisk 9km hike. A quick coffee afterwards then on the way home I stopped for our weekly food shop at Booths – back home to unpack and put put away. A quick shower and back out to drive to the next village for my haircut – it was already dark when I got back home, so a cup of tea and a chance to catch up with OH before cooking our evening meal, decided to open a very nice Châteauneuf-du-Pape 2017 to go with it – ended up drinking just under 1/2 of the bottle and it was very enjoyable too 🍷

Slept soundly and woke up to rainfall this morning but nothing too drastic, looks like being a grey and mizzly cumbrian day…..

Nothing planned for today so catching up on here whilst having my 2nd cup of tea – whilst OH heads out for his daily run – will be a damp one today!!

@penz – out at 5.30am with the dogs……it’s still pitch black here at that time….
    @songbirdme – I think your comment on Day 2 was meant for @penz 😉
    @funshipfreddie – stay safe, we have been following the Omicron increases in your country – let us hope that hospital admissions does not follow the same trajectory as infection rates 🤞
    @daffodil2010 – hope your Christmas shopping day was productive – enjoy your visit to our Lake District – are you staying somewhere fairly central??
    @emma-taylor – 🤗 glad to see your request yesterday was resolved by yourself 😁 as I was AWOL yesterday
    @babs_b – welcome to the December challenge – great to have you join us
    @northgeorgia – you have got this this – the whole thing about 5:2 is it’s flexibility
    @stitchincarol – such a lot of effort to get suet – we have it easy here – having said that I have never made a Christmas pudding myself – always buy a medium one for OH and I and the left overs gets mixed in with softened vanilla ice cream and refrozen to be enjoyed at some later date
    @basyjames – it was @penz who picked up on you losing 2022 🤣 It will be great for you to have your OH joining you in this WOL and it sounds like he is a great chef too – making the tastiest and silkiest bone broth 😋
    @northgeorgia – that was some steakhouse dinner 😋 but tomorrow is another day in this WOL
    @garfy – hope that strained back eases off soon
    @songbirdme – I had to look up “Madrigal Dinner” and found out that it is a form of Renaissance dinner theater often held by schools and church groups during the Christmas season. Do you have special food and courses???
    @jaifaim – Enjoy your day with your mum and hope she settles and is not fretting too much – it can be so distressing to see how loss of memory can affect someone we love 🤗
    @i-hate-lettuce – I was wrong about the weather at the start of my post it seems as the sun has just popped out so going to make the most of it and get out for a quick walk around the village and catch up with a friend

No one seems to be fasting today as yet but 🤞we all have a good controlled weekend staying within our TDEEs

I’ll leave you with this funny quote I found “If we’re not meant to have midnight snacks, why is there a light in the fridge?”- Unknown

Day 4 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Didn’t login yesterday as I had a post booster jab headache so I kept away from the computer screen. Silver lining of not feeling great was that I wasn’t hungry either so the Friday NFD which usually includes vino turned into an easy dry controlled day.

I have looked back in my 2021 diary and see that I have maintained at the weight I was in January which is good, no gain, what is less good is that I am still carrying the excess I gained during 2020. So I am trying, no @stitchincarol I am resolving 😉, to finish this month without any further gain and I will then get serious about getting back to my target maintenance weight in 2022. Of course this means I have to drop a few pounds in the next couple of weeks to allow for the inevitable gain of Yuletide treats so I MUST be very, very good until 21st.

Cold and windy here today but we have a beautiful blue sky so I will wrap up warm and go for a walk.
    Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 4 USA (Illinois) NFD

Off to Chicago for our “culture” time there of “The Nutcracker” Ballet tonight and “A Christmas Carol” tomorrow. I have not found places for us to eat yet, mostly because I am not sure if we will have lots of time to leisurely sit in a restaurant or not.

@at – you are right about the Madrigal Dinner. It is put on annually by our local junior college, and they did a nice job. Lots of Renaissance era choral singing, harpsichord or a capella. Jesters and jokes. I finally got a chance to meet the new head of the music department. Don’t think their “figgy pudding” recipe was particularly authentic but tasty.

@missybear – hope your booster jab side-effects are gone soon.

Must get going –

Onward and downward.

Day 4 – USA/GA – NFD

About to end ZBC and just came back from the grocery shopping. Weigh-in: 216 lbs (barely) — down from 217 from yesterday LOL! If a WFD or a 500/800 FD isn’t possible, you’d be surprised what an OMAD can do, even if a huge meal.

This will be an interesting experimental stretch of six days between FDs (last Tuesday to this upcoming Monday). If my theory is correct, after a month of 4:3, my body begins to whine about being hungry and I am probably upping the calories on NFDs. To adjust, I should go back to the basic 5:2, do WFDs on the FDs if I like, and chill out on most of the NFDs, making good choices. Even doing a decadent OMAD if it makes sense every now and then on a NFD is OK. Choosing to eat in a responsible and healthy way MOST days of the year is a WOL that fits in with the 5:2. No special magic required.

Tame the December Dragon!

Day 4 – Rural Nebraska, USA – OMAD RBS

DH and I and another couple went to a college Christmas concert last night and it was lovely, but we got home late, which got me to sleep late, so when I woke up this morning, I had to leap into clothes and go straight to church for our cookie boutique. It went well, and I’m home now, ready to tidy and clean and get the Christmas decorations all put out. Busy day, but that will help keep me from wanting to nibble… hopefully, anyway!

@jaifaim I truthfully have no clue how others post on their phones, as I’d never remember a thing if I had to do that. I have two windows open on my laptop, and read in one, click on the other to type, then click back to the first to scroll down and read the next. It’s the ONLY way I can keep track of specific things people have said. Must mean I too get distracted easily! 😂🤣😂 And those of you who care for parents with memory issues get special medals for patience and wisdom!

@at Great quote, LOL!

@songbirdme and others In all my research on how to do an authentic Christmas Pudding, I read that “figgy” simply refers to all dried fruit, probably raisins and currants, and does not specifically mean actual figs. Do all you who actually actually eat them every year agree with that? I got my second pudding made yesterday, and had to do it without currants because the grocery store I went to for other things didn’t have any, and I simply didn’t have time to go to a different store hunting for them. So the two I made are not identical, but they’re close, and I’ve decided to shrug and call it good. 🤷‍♀️

And, in closing, I’d like to say…I’M HUNGRY. GAH. I need to get busy so I quit thinking about how much I’d really like to eat right now, LOL!

Have a good one, everyone!

Day 4 – 16:8

Feeling like myself again. Can’t do my hula hoop exercising due to post dermatologist visit wounds on my back 😡 (long story but insufficient medical ’care’ will mean much longer recovery process- yes, will have to find a new dermatology group, 😡) @stitchincarol, I guess I might have to try planks. How are you doing with that, btw?

Glad the weekend is here. Weather pretty wonderful, but I do personally prefer cool autumn weather instead of this ‘unseasonable’ warm. Guess it’s the new normal.

Wow, I guess I’m grumpy today, so I’ll sign off. Wishing everyone well.

Day 5 – Lakes UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

@northgeorgia – Inclined to agree with your last comments, since taking up the 5:2 WOL I’ve found my eating habits have changed, most of the time I’m in automatic pilot and even on a ‘bad’ day still choose wisely. Even the occasional poor choice, the portions are nowhere near as big as they used to be, so either way it’s an improvement! My 2 month absence from the forum, I hardly thought about 5:2 WOL and no damage done, but still glad to be back 😉

Having said that, off to a Christmas Market today and see what temptations are on offer! Did this a couple of weeks ago at another much bigger market, found the Gluhwein was just one glass and the food was shared with Mrs IHL. Crickey, less that 3 weeks to Christmas …..

Take care all

Day 5 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I hope the Brits are keeping warm; I hear some parts of the UK will drop to – 11C today?! ❄️

See y’all on the Monday pocket list

Happy S🌞nday!

Day 5 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Having a dry weekend which seems to be helping with sensible food choices. I decided to stay off the grog for a couple of weeks post booster vaccine to ensure my immune system is working at optimum and the timing is working well with my intention to be very, very good as we approach silly season.

I enjoyed an early morning walk around our local coastal town this morning. It was quiet and lovely to see the Christmas decorations outside the shops and church, haven’t been there much this year as it has been so crowded. Wonderful to start the day enjoying the sea breeze down by the harbour and my breakfast tasted delicious when I returned home hungry.

Happy Sunday all 😊

Day 5 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. Yikes. It’s OK, tomorrow is a FD. I’ll try to be mindful today. Sometime, I have to start Christmas cooking, though.

Good luck, everyone!

Day 5 UK NFD

Will squeeze a FD In tomorrow, then off to visit family up North . Horrid grey cold drizzly day here today Have a good Sunday all

Day 5 – 16:8

Quiet day planned. Since the week was hard, I really only completed 1 FD. Plan is to be more strict about adherence next week. Haven’t overeaten but not been particularly good. Salad on menu for lunch and a nice dinner with homemade chicken fried chicken cutlet is on husband’s kitchen plans.

Good wishes to all.

Day5 🇺🇸 NFD

Weekend’s going well without overeating so far. “The Nutcracker” ballet was terrific – orchestra fabulous and Joffrey ballet choreography marvelous. Eating Italian for dinner then “A Christmas Carol” tonight. Raining in Chicago but at least it is not snow.

@i-hate-lettuce – we also thought about a local Christmas Markt Fair for gluehwein but due to rain opted not to. I will make some at home. Our first Christmas married was in Germany so it has many memories. DH was in American Army.

All for now.

Onward and downward.🥂

Day 5 – UK – TDEE

Another busy – enjoyed a 10km+ hike with a friend today, rather chilly especially when the wind was in our faces but felt invigorated afterwards!

Managed another TDEE to complete the weekend with some control – feels good.

Won’t be able to join the FD tomorrow as going out for an afternoon tea to celebrate a friend’s birthday but will make that my OMAD so should be a CD…….

Inspired by @missybear I too checked back – when I first joined this challenge in November 2016 I weighed exactly what I weighed at the start of this challenge having already lost 2.5stones by doing 5:2 on my own!!!! I eventually dropped down to my lowest of 53.1kg in the new year and was told by my family and friends that I looked a bit gaunt but I remember feeling good – these days I seem to maintain around 57-58kg……should I accept that as a good maintenance range for my height of 164cm??? I think that my aim should be around 55kg but will see what life brings…..

Missing a lot of old friends on here – if anyone is around please pop on to say hello and let us know how you are doing….

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Still staying at same weight even if I don’t want to be here, but better than a gain. It looks like I have spent most of 2021 in and around this weight. I blame hormones, and I am really trying hard, however, I do feel great compared to 6 months ago ☺️

I have a visit to my physio tonight for that old plantar fasciitis but I think it might be the last one as all I am not suffering anymore, and the core excercise that she has me doing have really helped hugely…..who knew that it was a trapped nerve in my back all along? Now all I have to do is think first, pull in my core muscles, then take that step….and NO pain 💃

All Christmas shopping is done! Even helped DH gets his done too, so now we don’t have to worry about that.

@at We Are taking the camper can to the Lake District, coming in via Stranraer, and spending time at DH’s sisters place which is near Keswick I think. We have the van so can go explore 😀

Have a great Monday all. Pocket list day 6
    @daffodil2010

Day 6 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Where are my fasting buddies? 👀 I’m sure few of us are in the mood for fasting as we head into the silly season; especially on a Monday. Wishing everyone RESOLVE this week!

Together we are Stronger 💪

“We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” ~ Jim Rohn
    Pocket List – Day 6 🍋
    @funshipfreddie

Day 6 – 2nd Post

Oops? @daffodil2010 – we posted at the same time. So pleased to hear you got that nasty plantar fasciitis sorted out 🤗

Pocket List – Day 6 🍋
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Day 6 U.K.- FD

Well, here I am, better late than never!

Last week I was just not in the zone for fasting for various different reasons, each day there was a new reason not to fast!

So I feel like I have put on tons of weight because prior to the week of not fasting I had done only two fast days per week and my body needs three days of fasting per week to maintain and/or drop weight.

So I am hoping for a 4:3 this week. And also hoping for some miracles on the scales, ha ha ha ha!

@northgeorgia – Thanks so much for hosting November!

I need to go and get acquainted with the December challenges I don’t even know who is hosting it yet!
    And then I need to catch up with all your posts!

Catch you all later xx

Day 6 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

@funshipfreddie – Yes, I’m back, returning to the usual Monday and Thursday FD’s 😉 UK temperatures -11 …. Not at the moment, was 7 deg yesterday and a bit milder today.

@daffodil2010 – Keswick’s at the opposite end of the county to us, but like all of the county rather a beautiful area, enjoy your visit.

@high5 – My ‘neighbour’ @at is hosting this month 😉

Great morning wandering round the Christmas Market yesterday, small town where wife lived for many years, so was nice for a visit. Forward planning, pick out a parking spot on the edge of town and walk in and NO breakfast before leaving home 🙂

Take care all

Pocket List – Day 6
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @high5
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 6 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Declaring myself on a FD, fruit and yogurt for brunch and omelette with veg for dinner.

Pocket List – Day 6 🍋
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @high5
    @missybear

Stay strong fellow fasters 😊

Still Day 6

Oops @i-hate-lettuce and I were posting at the same time so just putting me back on the list.

Pocket List – Day 6
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @high5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear

Day 6 – Ireland – FD 🚫

Hello all! Happy Monday!

I had a busy day yesterday – started with a lie in and then a swim 🏊‍♀️ 🥶. It was a glorious morning ☀️and I was just going to walk but the beach was beautiful and I had my swim bag in the boot… definitely wakes you up 🆙

Started on organising mums decorations but will wait until next week to put the tree up 🎄
    This time of year is tricky with mum as the number of Christmas ads on already for weeks now means that she thinks everyday is Christmas Eve and she stresses about not having enough done 🙄. I do wish you could choose to, or pay for, ad-less TV 📺. 😖
    Thanks @stitchincarol it is tough sometimes but we do also have some very special times and also a lot of laughs… so much honesty in Alzheimer’s patients 😂

I also caught up with good friends this weekend for lovely bright walks so feel blessed. But… I also tripped back to my new favourite bakery … yum! Walks and spins 🚲 do tend to include nice coffee stops 😋
    So still alcohol free 🚫 but sugarful 😂

@stitchincarol yes it’s finicky posting on the phone for sure but it means I can post on the go… although I work all day on my pc it is very tied down security wise so no access forums etc…
    I must catch up on posts later today..

Sending good thoughts for this week…

Onward and downward ⬇️
    Go Monday fasters 💪

Pocket list day 6 🍋
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim

Day 3 – AUS – 16:8

(1) lentil veg soup, mushroom spag leftover
    (2) lentil soup with rice
    (3) 1/2 mango
    (4) Green tea and water

Gd part: 20 min walk
    Bad part: strained back still recovering but better than expected

Start: 55kg
    Today: 54kg

Day 6 – USA/GA – WFD

I’m so disgusted at a weigh-in of 220 lbs this morning. I feared having nearly a week between FDs might result in this. A nine pound gain since Thanksgiving. Well, back to mid-November numbers. I should have put in another OMAD in my NFD line-up.

Anyway, thank goodness the FD is here. I may combine today’s FD with an OMAD or something on Tuesday. I am determined to get back to the low 210s.

Pocket List Day 6 🍋

@daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @high5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia

Day 6 UK CD

Oh dear very bad weekend – started the celebrations way too early and can’t even face a FD ☹️Going for a CD, will be back with a different attitude soon

Day 6 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Another “who knows”

I’ve suddenly tripped, fallen, and can’t get up. My WFDs on Tuesdays are the only thing remaining of my excellent behavior from August through the beginning of November. I could list out how awful my behavior has been, but I’ve been slowly understanding the problem isn’t my behavior, but my attitude. I no longer am caring about losing weight as deeply as I was, and that’s leading to behavior that guarantees weight GAIN, not even lack of loss. I know that in August, it was lots and lots and lots of soul examining that got me to a place where I began to steadily lose weight, so I’m certain that lots and lots and lots of soul examining is in order now to get me to a place of continuing to lose weight–or, at the very least, to a place where I maintain.

The key problem is that my weight got low enough that I was finally below 25BMI, and that felt like a license to cheat and indulge, you know? And I’ve cheated and indulged enough over the last few days that I’m certain I’m no longer below 25BMI. Is it actual weight gain? Not entirely, but I’ve truly chowed down many, many, many calories recently, sigh.

I know I’m not the only one struggling with this issue of making yourself care when you don’t actually care. If we can just control our thoughts and our attitude, the rest is rather simple, but those thoughts and attitudes are evasive and sneaky challenges to control!

So, I’m going to go get another cup of coffee, put some more ornaments on the tree that’s finally up, and do some deep thinking; I’ll be back later.

Hugs, all my forum friends!

Day 6 – UK – CD

Hello all! December already feels a wild ride, eating-wise. I haven’t completely taken my eyes off the ball but I’m struggling to get that oomph to go for a proper FD. I was searching through some photos on my computer this morning and discovered an album from this June. Woah, I look so round and puffy in them and I know I’ve not really changed weight a lot since then at all! So I’m dreading any Christmas pics this year already! (I can lose a little weight before the big day, right…!?).

I had a very controlled evening out with my friend on Fri. I had 2 x alcoholic drinks which was the only alcohol consumed all weekend. I wasn’t in the ZBC today though…. I was so hungry I felt sick when I got to the office so I made myself a small bowl of porridge with skimmed milk, cinnamon and a small drizzle of honey. Not perfect but also not bad.

Lunch was a bowl of the loveliest Butternut squash soup we made this weekend with a slice of sourdough and I’ve had one flat white coffee. All in all not bad.

@stitchincarol – I hear you loud and clear about trying to make yourself care, I’ve been in a similar situation for a while. I too am just under a BMI of 25 which tends to lessen the urgency for action (even though I was at a BMI of 21-22 for years and that’s where I feel like ‘myself’). However, I keep reminding myself that in the psychology circles it’s commonly known that, quite often, behaviour precedes attitude. Sometimes we’ve just got to do it regardless of whether we feel motivated to. The issue I find is that sometimes a FD feels amazing but other times it can feel just that bit *too* overwhelming to even consider (kind of where I’m at at the moment). But I do also know that breaking things down into chunks of time can be really beneficial, e.g., I’ll just fast until lunch and if I’m starving I’ll just eat. Then if I get to lunch I might then see if I can long it out another hour etc. But if I really need to eat, I’ll eat and still be pleased I managed a bit of TRE.

At the moment I’m finding I’m craving the sweet stuff after my main meal in the evening again. I’m going to try two tricks this week to curb that: Have a hot drink straight after dinner and then brush my teeth.

Good luck to all the FDers today!! 🌟

Day 6 2nd post

@garfy the food sounds great! I feel for you with the strained back… as a fellow back pain sufferer, you have my empathy!

Day 4 – ???

Unexpected WF day yesterday due to some distressful circumstances. Unsure how I will approach the day. The situation is ongoing, but I’m not sure that NOT eating in response is the healthy way to go. I guess it is better than comfort eating? But I don’t think that letting my eating be an emotional thing (an ice cream binge or water fast) is the right way to go.

So thanks once again. Holding myself accountable here by writing this down has made the decision. So I start over

Day 4 – FD 800 16:8

Will have a really big salad for lunch and homemade soup for dinner. Coping with some unsettling circumstances so I will respond by eating well and nourishing the body.

Hope today is a good one on everyone’s books.

Pocket List Day 6 🍋

@daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @high5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear
    @jaifaim
    @northgeorgia
    @mariaelena

Day 7 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Very easy fast day yesterday. Hardly gave food a though, kept myself busy & the time flew by. Weight bang on target at 70.8 kgs this morning. I’m getting good at this! 😃

“Discipline is the bridge between goals & accomplishment.” ~ Jim Rohn

Day 7 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Unfortunately yesterday’s FD…erm…wasn’t. So definitely today.

Sitting here listening to Storm Barra taking hold, it’s an orange weather warning in these parts but Cork and Kerry and the southwest are on red alert for the next 24 hours. Batten down the hatches.

Pocket list day 7
    @daffodil2010

Day 7 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

A good FD for me yesterday, not been consciously following FD’s for the last couple of months but, pretty straightforward day, despite me baking bread in the morning. Not bad, nice fresh bread baked and cooling on the worktop, put away when cooled, still not cut into it yet!

One really good thing is sleep pattern seems to be making up for lost time. Last year I was sleeping terribly, seldom got much sleep, no deep sleep being recorded (on the fitbit) at all for quite a while. A few months ago started to get back to something like a ‘normal’ sleep pattern, but still not brilliant.
    Time for a new mattress we thought, Mrs IHL not sleeping well either. New mattress purchased and delivered, move over Rip Van Winkle, wow, what a huge difference. Both sleeping really well, I’m back on a proper 8 hours every night, including around 2 hours (or more) deep sleep, worth every penny!

Take care all.

Day 7. OMAD London

Still Eating Like A Bear! I’d never been on Facebook until I started the ELAB fasting thing. There’s an extremely supportive community there, just like this one, who have lost A LOT of weight using the OMAD model ( and versions thereof). Daily brainwashing – watching videos, looking at amazing transformation photos, reading how people have made huge changes to their lives, all help to keep me on track. So far so good. It’s going to be very tricky in Rome over Christmas- foodie friends are coming and lots of alcohol will be imbibed, but not by me. It’ll be weird, but I’ll do my best.
    What kind of mattress did you buy, @ihatelettuce? We did the same – bought an Emma mattress, with similar results. Ours is a superking size bed, and the mattress arrived in a box that was WAY too small. I thought I’d managed to order the wrong size, but it expanded lengthways and widthways to fit our frame, and we have slept well since. And it wasn’t expensive.

Day 7 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. I know over the past two weeks I trended slightly upward, but today’s weigh-in does tie with a couple of other Tuesdays as the lowest Tuesday weigh-in on record. Just got to stay mindful, and it’s hard during the season of gatherings. I shifted my Thursday FD to tomorrow. We’re taking out a couple of people at work for their birthday today. I may try for another OMAD on Friday to help balance things out.

I wonder if setting a new goal for December was wise. It always seems that December is a month of maintenance, not loss. We’re still early in the month though.

Good luck to those on the pocket list today.

Day 7 – 16:8

Accountability post. Glad I stuck to FD 800 yesterday. Today, I must resist temptation to comfort eat and resist temptations of the holiday season which have already made their way into our kitchen.

Good wishes to everyone

Day 7 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Yesterday’s FD was a hungry one, I got through it with stubborn determination and lots of herbal tea and was glad when it was bedtime. Definitely harder to cut back on food in the winter, I got so cold.

@stitchincarol how is your soul searching going? Just a thought, have you been too strict with yourself recently? I remember when I did a 5 day fast, I was very motivated and it seemed perfectly doable at the time but the following week I was ridiculously hungry and over compensated for those fasting days and actually gained weight ending up heavier than pre 5 day fast! It taught me that I have to keep it real and sustainable, going hard core just leaves me feeling deprived and miserable. I know you will work out what works for you.

@mariaelena hope you are feeling ok and your circumstances are improving 🤗

Storm Barra has arrived with gale force winds and heavy rain but hopeful I might get out for a walk around the village between showers, in fact the dark sky has just brightened so my window of opportunity could be now. Keep on keeping on everyone 😊

Day 7 – Ireland – FD 🚫 ✅

Hello!

Well done @funshipfreddie on your good FD – mine wasn’t great so on that list again today as have a number of catch ups at the weekend…

Barra is raging here but not as bad as expected I think… will get out to post some cards and take my chances 😁

@i-hate-lettuce we bought a new mattress last year! Such a difference 💤.

On to two of my consultants today ☎️ … some tweaking of meds hopefully will help with recent ailments 👍

Have a good one!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list day 7 💨
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

Day 7 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

I’m pleased to report that I ate according to plan yesterday with only a small “overage,” and the scale rewarded me. I knew that much of the extra weight was just water weight, but it’s always a huge comfort to be proven correct.

DH and I got both trees (yup, two in our house, both with LOADS of ornaments) finished yesterday, and defrosted the big freezer since the day was far below freezing and was supposed to stay that way; we just take all the food outside in coolers and, when we run out of those, we use laundry baskets, put a blanket over them so no solar power reaches them and wait for the freezer to thaw. Works like a charm, and now I can find stuff again! As we worked, I kept thinking. And thinking. Why did it used to be easy, back when I was 132 and stayed that way? Why was it easy from August to November this year? What has changed and what needs to change back?

Unfortunately, I have no certain answers, but @funshipfreddie, your quote yesterday was wonderfully helpful: “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.” ~ Jim Rohn Thank you for that.

As I’m looking over posts to see where I left off yesterday, I have to chuckle. @garfy, you have yesterday as day 3, and @mariaelena, you have it as day 4. Last week, @basyjames chucked all of 2022 out the window. I’m thinking we’re all collectively calendar-challenged this month!

@funshipfreddie Even as I am slogging along, trying to regain my confident RESOLVE, it’s a delight to read your “I’m getting good at this.” Yes, you are, and someday, I plan to be there right with you!

@daffodil2010 I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, so am very familiar with storms coming in and the need to batten down the hatches, and wish I could experience some again. It’s such a lovely contrast between the sound of the storm outside and the warmth and coziness inside.

@i-hate-lettuce I’m delighted for you and Mrs IHL that the mattress has restored your excellent sleep. Several years ago, I bought new pillows, and that made a massive difference for DH and me. They’re still okay, but it won’t be many years before I buy new ones again, instead of waiting far, far too long.

@emma-taylor So delighted that ELAB is working so nicely for you. I plan to return to it in January.

@northgeorgia Since you can only control your behavior, not directly control the scale, why don’t you adjust your December goal to the behavior you want, and then let the scales do their thing? Since you’re going out to lunch with coworkers today, is it going to be OMAD also?

@mariaelena I do hope whatever was stressing you yesterday is beginning to resolve.

@missybear I think you are partly right that I was too strict on myself. I wasn’t any stricter than I was back in the days I was 132, which is the behavior I’m aiming for, but I also never baked almost 20 dozen cookies, some of which stayed in the house, back in those days. It really is a challenge to find what works for each of us individually, isn’t it? I also was far more carb-tolerant back in those days…

@missybear and @jaifaim Two more of you who get the joy of a serious storm. I probably sound nuts, but I truly do miss them, LOL!

I’ve pulled my Thanksgiving turkey carcass (with some meat still attached) from the freezer, and will make turkey noodle soup tomorrow with lots of carrots and celery, breaking my WF with it. Thursday will be some fish from the freezer and a salad, and then Friday we go out. I’m thinking hard about the various restaurants I love, but have yet to choose one.

Okay, with a solid plan in place, I’m off to do some stuff and then I’ll head off to Omaha for a full day of piano lessons. Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 7 USA – CD (sorta…)

No gain the scale from the Chicago weekend. Yeah for that. We did walk quite a bit so perhaps that offset eating?

Off to a volunteer appreciation party for our local Children’s Museum that is supposed to include “heavy appetizers” drinks, and cookies. Will do my best not to overdo. I promise.

Cold and winter has arrived here. We had enough snow “to track a cat” this morning. That is how we describe more than flurries.

@funshipfreddie – great quotes. Very inspiring.

@daffodil2010 and @missybear – storms can really wreck havoc with our normal lives, can’t they. Hope and pray you are safe and sound.

@stitchincarol – I defrost our deep freeze the same way. Handy, isn’t it? I just have to make sure to do it before the basement “landing” isn’t blocked by a snow drift that keeps me from opening the storm door. TWO trees are your house? Wow! We just do one little one that fits inside the bay window allowing living room floor space for my DH’s LGB train set. He will likely start working on that soon. It takes days to get it all right.

Onward and downward.

Day 8 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@stitchincarol, @songbirdme – I’m glad you liked the quotes. The discipline vs regret one resonated with me too. A good one for waning resolve on a fast day!

Lunch at Mama Luciana’s again today, so I’ll definitely be on that pocket list tomorrow 😳

Happy Hump Day y’all! 🐫

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 296 total)

You must be logged in to reply.