Christmas Day and feeling bad about my weight. 10 week challenge – no excuses

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Christmas Day and feeling bad about my weight. 10 week challenge – no excuses

This topic contains 228 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  jellybeanz 8 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 229 total)

• So here I am Christmas Day and feeling a total failure. I have been saying all 2015 I need to lose weight and I will do it for my birthday…..i will do it for Easter…. I will do it for my holiday..,. I will definitely do it for Christmas. Epic fail.
    Fatter than I have ever been. I stupidly asked my very honest family whether I was the biggest they had ever seen me. Of course I know the answer. Somehow I think that if I hear it being said out load I might take responsibility.
    So I am not going to wait until the new year, I am at relatives tomorrow then home. Sunday will be my first fast day.
    I will be organised. I will plan my food and I will stick to it.
    I will aim for 4:3 when I can. I have worked out that I need 400 calls on my fast days and 1650 on nfd. I have at least 21 pounds to lose. I am 5 ft 2.
    I will also aim to walk 10,000 steps a day. Anyone want to join me.
    21 pounds 10 weeks

My top tips are to measure all of your vital statistics as there may be times when the scales don’t move but you will shrink and to try on your clothes every week and you will see where they fit and where they become loose. Put the scales away-nothing to be gained hopping on and off them on a daily basis.

Reduce your sugar intake-both hidden and obvious. Eat brown rice and pasta and try and eat whole unprocessed foods as much as you can.

Exercise is great for shrinkage but losing weight is down to what you put in your mouth whether it is food or alcohol. So, think about what changes you can make…and make them. This is a way of life and not a diet, so you will have to make changes anyway in order to maintain a slimmer you.

I try any changes with the view that I will do it for 7 days. To plan any longer than that seems much too daunting for me, so I keep my goals short and possible. I am 5ft 2 as well and started off at 11st 11lb and with ups and downs along the way I was 10st 2lb before the Christmas festivities began. I haven’t scoffed everything in sight today, but i have been mindful that I have no desire to pack on another 10lb like I did last December when for some bonkers mad idea I gave up the 5:2 for the month. I have learned that if i want to be slimmer then I have to change both what I eat and how much.

The goal of 21 lb in 10 weeks may be ambitious in that you may shrink but not lose weight some weeks. Perhaps pick a range of goals and then you won’t be demoralized if you fail at 1 single goal-it mat take longer that 10 weeks for example, but you may trim inches off your waist, which is very desirable. I had a goal of wearing a pair of pink shorts comfortably for a short time today, but they are not yet comfortable although half my jumpers are hanging off me.

I walk 10,000 steps which takes me about an hour and a half. Planning is key but you will have to make changes to be successful, so perhaps think about that too.

I am in a much better place this year than last. I am sure that you will be too.

Yeah! Know the feeling! Lost 3 stones and been doing really pretty well for over 5 years but in the last six months have put on 6lbs. So unhappy about it! So I will have to get my brain into the right place, stop whining and start doing!
    More exercise, while not necessarily helping the weight loss, should help get the brain into gear.
    So many events during this week, so no point in doing more than avoiding obvious sugar. So….roll on 2016!

Your post is excatly how I was feeling last night (Christmas Day in the UK) so have woken up and determined to put things right before the year is out. I actually feel sick – I’ve really overdone it this year and am actually looking forward to feeling hunger pangs! I am 5 3 and 10st 10 lbs. I’d like to be 8st 11 or 9st 2 so quite a bit to shift. 10 weeks challenge here I come! Good luck x

Thank you for the advice Annette I will definitely take it on board.
    Jinty 3 stone loss is amazing so 6 lbs gain is ok.you have it under control.m
    Barbara I am also in the uk. 5 2 and 10 stone, first goal to be under 9. Final goal to be under 8.st 7.
    Woke up this morning still feeling disgusted with myself. My family weren’t being unkind just honest. And I need that. Even though it hurts.
    The thing is I do know how to achieve it, but my will power deserts me by 10 am. I need to set myself mini goals, be accountable, and stop with the excuses.

Thank you

You don’t ‘need’ 400 cals on your fast days, it just makes it easier to stick to. You’ll be perfectly fine with zero cals so don’t think you need to eat if you don’t want to. Likewise with your feed days. If you’ve worked it out correctly you’ll simply consume enough to maintain your weight on those days but the less you eat the more you lose.
    Good luck and don’t beat yourself up over Christmas.

Morning Everyone,

Stay away from the scales for a few days to let the body recover from the excesses.

My goals have become less about an ‘ideal weight’ and rather more about a waist that is less than half my height-the ideal apparently. I have another 3 inches to go if that is the case, BUT I have lost 4 inches so far.

No one is to feel depressed or disgusted. Treat yourself how you would another person, with kindness and compassion and encouragement. Being negative is no help to you or anyone else.

Pick small goals and have several on the go. Think of treats that are not food as an incentive.

I don’t think that it is about will power at all. What is the very best thing that you can do for yourself? What will help you to achieve that goal? Are you important?

I simply want to be a healthy weight for my height, but at almost 55 I have no desire to be skinny and to lose the curves. I think that I am close to being the size that I want to be no matter what number the scales say.

Count me in Mrs Pepperpot. I’ve had a rough couple of months and the weight is creeping on. I’m starting tomorrow and have soup on the go.

Hi Mrs Pepperpot and everyone,

I’m also 5 foot 2 and was 72 kilos (nearly 11.5 stone) at the start of October. I’m in my early fifties and that’s the heaviest I’ve ever been. I have been worried about getting heart disease and diabetes so that has inspired me to try to lose weight.

So I started the fast diet in early October. I have found Mrs P that trying to lose 2 pounds a week when we haven’t got a hue amount to lose is a bit ambitious and I have steadily been losing one pound a week and am now 65 kilos (10.2 stone. That’s 16 pounds in 14 weeks.

What I am trying to say is that if you aim to lose 20 pounds in 10 weeks you may be disappointed but if you aim to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks you may be more able to reach that target and maybe a bit more – so you will feel better about yourself than trying to lose 20 and failing. Does that make sense?

I thought that losing 7 kilos wasn’t that much but have realized that it’s 10% of my previous body weight! Also just before Christmas I was carrying a bag of veg that was 7 kilos and it was very heavy and made me realise how much I had lost! That was a great feeling.

I think my goals are pretty similar to yours Mrs P – I still have 3 kilos to go to get back into the healthy BMI range so that’s my next target. Then I aim to be back to 8.5 stone by next July – this was my weight for many years and is in the middle of the healthy BMI range. But what I am trying to say is don’t be hard on yourself – you are being very honest but maybe going slow and steady may be better than goals that may be achievable by say a 6 foot man with much more weight to lose but as a percentage of body weight my be too quick a weight loss for those of us smaller in height and weight to start with.

Good luck, I hope we can support each other on this thread.

Super advice Red Dog, thank you.

Count me in! My weight has been steadily going up. I started today and Monday will be my first fast day (Yikes!). I agree with Reddog about not having overly ambitious goals as that is where I struggle when the weight just doesn’t “melt off”. I’m excited about the 5:2. Saw the program on PBS a while ago but only recently discovered the book and this website. To a lighter 2016!

Well day one down and I’m going for a b2b today and tomorrow to get them out of the way. Feel good so far, had a lovely homemade soup, a 10 calorie jelly and half a chocolate options mixed in a nespresso. Off to bed and ready for fast day two. I bought some new clothes today in the Cos sale. They WILL fit 😄

Good Evening Everyone:)

I would like to join in on this challenge. I’m going to start off with 4:3 until the end of January and then transition to 5:2. My current weight is 144.4. I’m 5’7 and would like to get down to 135. I don’t have any particular timeframe that I wish to achieve this. My main goal is to stick to this way of life and become a healthier me. I look forward to getting to know everyone. I’m in the US in the state of Michigan.

I would like to join too. I have just started reading about 5:2, so I am playing a bit of catch-up. Definitely ready to start as I have gone off the rail since September and have gained about 10lbs. -_-

I have been successful losing 40 lbs with low carb eating so I think coupled with 5:2 it will get me past that plateau I was hitting-even with exercising everyday. That’s why I went off rail in September.

Anyway, glad to be on the thread and will be reading up. Any ‘starting’ tips anyone has to offer will be much appreciated!

Hi lia and welcome:

Here are most of the tips you will need: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hey-Thanks so much!

Hi everyone – this thread has really cheered me up today, so thank you and I’m in on the 10 week challenge! I’m so down on myself (but Annette52, your lovely advice has helped) as I feel I have let myself down. In April last year (2014) I was 64 kilos, aged 49 and 5’2″ and was advised I was pre-diabetic. I got really scared, got on the 5:2, stuck to it religiously, the weight started to fall off and I trained also for a half marathon. I lost 7 kilos, felt fantastic, everyone said how great I looked and a whole lot of symptoms like my hay fever and peri menopause just disappeared. It was like a miracle. I was re-diagnosed as being in the normal range and no longer pre diabetic. Over Christmas etc last year I fell off the wagon a bit but mostly stuck to things and maintained my weight but you could see me starting to slide by around April/May when a whole lot of stressors hit my life. then in June I fell down a staircase and broke my arm. With that, everything got so stressful on top of everything else. My parents were in and out of hospital, my husband’s business partner collapsed from a brain tumour, my cat nearly died and then I had to do two work trips to the Northern Hemisphere (I live in NZ). Amongst it all it was my 50th birthday and we went away, but if course it was all about food and drink. In between I kept trying to restart 5:2 but it was like the more life pushed me here there and everywhere, the more I caved and it all seemed too hard and I couldn’t even seem to have a minute to think and focus. Fast forward to last night when I looked at Christmas Day photos of myself and I was shocked, I got on the scales and nearly wept – I was 63.1 kilos. I let everyone else’s needs and demands this year totally derail me and now I am back at square 1. I feel mad!

So there is only one thing to do and that’s to refocus and remind myself – This is about MY health and it HAS to come first! It’s so important that I return to 5:2. And to get back on that wagon and carry on again. I need to look at it as a lesson – and to remember that it’s very simple – just keep to 5:2 and prioritise the running and walking that I love and before I know it I will have dropped the weight again and will be feeling so much better. If I have done it once I can do it again. And I need to be more vigilant this time about thinking “it’s ok to skip a fast day” – it’s really not because for me it’s a slippery slope! As soon as the curveballs start hitting me in life I have to be determined to stay focused – this is for me. Yesterday my husband said “we can’t do a fast day this week; we’re on holiday” – this morning I said “actually there is always an excuse and I am going to start this week, because otherwise it’s after NY, after this, after that, after my next work trip and there is never a normal week and before I know it, it’s March and I’ve made no progress.”

So yesterday we went for a 12 km walk and today a 14km bike ride (i.e. I am moving again) and my challenge to myself is to start fasting tomorrow again. I know that even when the first 2 kilos drop off I will feel good again, so I will set myself little micro goals along the path and share my successes as I go.

Thanks for listening to this ramble.

Hi
    Thank you for all your replies and advice.
    Small steps and achievable goals are exactly what we need.
    I have no timeframe to lose the weight – I just need to lose it.

Thank you for sharing your stories.
    We can motivate each other on this thread.

Hi Everyone

I too am in the US, I just recently gained about 10 pounds over the the holidays. I am starting the 4:3 diet tomorrow. I am 5’6, 140 lbs and want to lose the 10 lbs I’ve gained. I’m 54 years old. I know several people that are on this diet and have been for over a year. They’ve lost lots of weight and improved their health dramatically and are much older then I. I just want to say, don’t loose hope, we can all do this just like they did!!

Mrs Pepperpot, I like what you say about no timeframe to lose the weight, you just want to lose it. I thought I might set micro goals and share them with you all and then share that I achieved them. My first micro goal is to do one fast day properly tomorrow!

Isn’t it just so comforting to not feel isolated? Thank you all for your honest and comforting comments. We can do this together.

Yes, we can do it! We’ll feel fantastic. So I found the original documentary online and my husband and I watched it and now we are fired up again. Tomorrow we’re going to attempt a fast day where we don’t eat anything until dinner. After the recent excesses this will be hard! But it’s only one day of my life and at the end of it I will have achieved my first micro goal. And I’ll be able to report in to you all 🙂

I’m in🙂 5′ 3″ 12st 10lb. Lost husband last Easter and lost masses of weight over three months but then……comfort eating/drinking when on my own. He and I did well on fast diet when it first appeared. Also had SLE all my life, masses of drugs to stay normal including steroids, can never come off them. Feel gross been on my own over Christmas and just ate. So…I am starting on Monday 4th January as lots of lunch invites with friends before then which is kind. Giving up the old Merlot will make a huge difference for a start.

I’m happy to be on board. Good luck everyone.

Hi jellybeanz. I am soooo very sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine how hard that must have been and indeed continue to be.

Like you, I have lots of foodie things to do this week and plan to start on Monday 4 th with a Fast day. In the meantime, stocking up on fizzy water and vegetables so that I am not tempted to go to Marks and Spencer and buy something ‘nice’ to eat. Also, lots of salmon. I plan to go for 2 Fast days but also be kinda careful on non fast days. In the meantime trying to avoid obvious sugar.

Hugs.

Jan

Aw thanks Jan. Yes I shall do the same. I shall also blow the dust off the lateral thigh trainer (not as Scarey as it sounds)! and the hula hoop. My insentive is to lose the lbs by the first anniversary in first week of April.

Good Morning Everyone

Started my fast today. I’ve had 220 calories for breakfast so far and will have some homemade veggie soup for lunch and then I’m done for the day. Daisy7 were in the US are you? I’m in Michigan and we are suppose to get terrible ice storm today. Jellybeanz sorry for your loss. I will check in later tonight. Have a great day everyone!

Hi all! Checking in from NZ where it’s 11.30am and I am almost at the second milestone of my fast day (In my mind I am ticking boxes when I reach 9am, midday, 3pm and 6pm when we will have a light dinner – I work well with mental milestones!!!). It’s the first fast day where I have tried not eating at all until dinner time. And went for a 6km walk/run (mix of both – a year ago I was running a half marathon and now I’m struggling to do 6km but hey!) this morning. I am feeling good and determined – thanks all for being there. Jellybeanz am sorry you have suffered such a sad loss in the last year and had such a rough time – Christmas/NY must be so tough – if you can do the fasting then I certainly can.

Hi, hope everyone is doing well. Little pea – I hope you are sticking to your mini milestones today! I’m in Australia so it’s afternoon here now. I got the treadmill out for the first time in ages and did 30 mins walk/jog so feeling virtuous! Thinking of trying the HIT workout on the exercise bike that has been a laundry drying rack for ages.

RedDog, I stuck to my mini milestones!! I ate nothing until this evening when we had a couple of slices of ham off the bone (Christmas ham in fridge) and some salad vegetables. I can’t believe I got back on the tracks and did my first (restart) fast day and it honestly was not that hard! I thought it would be horrific after a month of basically just eating festive food, but it was really bearable! And that includes the run in the morning and also spending the afternoon helping my parents in their garden. Feel just a wee bit headachey that’s all – am having some more water now and heading to bed early. I feel really proud of myself and excited to hear how you all go this week. I won’t bore you with daily updates but will check in on my next fast day. I’m liking this new idea of having only one meal at night – I actually think it’s made it easier for me than starting with the usual poached egg for breakfast (which just reminds me what eating feels like in an unsatisfactory way!!)

PS well done on the exercise RedDog – and am laughing at the laundry drying rack!

You all seem to be doing well – I am pumped up to start on 4th when meal invites are all done with. Thank you all for your kind comments. This year has chewed me up and spat me out BUT I will land on my feet in 2016. New year, new me and my late hubby would be proud!

I am on so many drugs morning and evening that I need to do two meals a day but will prepare properly. Happy New Year everyone – keep calm and fast! 😊

Ridiculous I know but it’s so good to open my e mail and find comments from you guys. My husband leaves Scotland on Friday for six months in Tanzania. I know New Year’s Day!! I am so encouraged by all your comments that think I will have my first Fast Day on Saturday 2nd instead of waiting till Monday 4th! Also heading off to find the Fast Diet Book in the bookshelf!!

We can absolutely do,this together and if we fall by the wayside as we will inevitably do at some point….we will pick ourselves up and move on!!!

Hey Everybody-I did kind of a dry run to see how I would do…being completely new to this before Sunday…lol. I did pretty good during the day, but not so much at night. I can see why holding off until night would be good…so that you can have all your calories then and not go to bed hungry.

Does anybody have any advice on the stomach growling? It was giving me what for in the afternoon…terribly annoying. Would drinking some type of liquid help?

Lovemylife001,
    Hi there,
    I am in Virginia. I traveled home to Long Island, NY for Christmas. Drove back yesterday, which actually was my fist fast day. It went pretty well. However I think I am now coming down with a chest cold. I will continue and do day 2 tomorrow.
    We have been getting a lot of rain down here but that’s about it compared to other places across the country. Stay safe and positive. 😊

Oh Jinty, that’s tough! Yes, I know what you mean – it’s like we’re now a mini community! Re starting before NY Day – I have to say, having started yesterday I feel like I somehow have a head start on myself – another of the mind tricks I have to use on my super weak mind! I am very excited because I couldn’t resist getting on the scales this morning (I’m just desperate to see some indicator things are improving!) and I am down .5 (1/2) kilo from yesterday. Yes, I know I shouldn’t get on the scales so quickly but that has really boosted me up!

HI all, hope you are doing well. Lia 9, I have to have little protein rich things to snack on if my stomach is grumbling such as a little bit of cheese or ham. Did you try drinking something and if so did it help?

My downfall on the fast days is that I love a lot of milk in my coffee and have to add it to my calories. So I get less food to eat. But I suppose milk is good for me and I can’t go without several cups of coffee to get going in the morning. I don’t usually have breakfast even on a normal day so would rather go without food than coffee. But today I tried green tea with lemon and no milk instead of my third cup of coffee – well it really didn’t do the trick. I wish I could get to like it. I had a sweetener in it but it was still bitter.

Hello RedDig and Mrs Pepperpot, I joined this forum because of your posts. I am 5’4 with I suppose about 1.5 stone to lose. I started 5:2 at the end of November and have kept to it since then, even over Christmas. Stupidly because I was so self conscious of my weightgain I couldn’t face weighing myself until 2 weeks ago. So I don’t know how heavy I was at the outset. I’ve noticed my clothes get looser and looser which is great. And I can see my waist slowly returning like a long lost friend. I suspect I’m losing a pound or two a week. At the start I found the fast day harder but now I actually look forward to it. I will post my progress here. Very encouraged by your posts….

Hey RedDog-I had a regular day yesterday, but today trying again and having all cals at night to see how that goes….So I will try some liquid, and if that doesn’t work I’ll go to the cheese/ham/protein.

Once I start back with work (teacher), if the kids are always hearing my stomach growl I’ll never get the giggling to stop…! haha….

RedDog-Have you tried some lower cal milk-or maybe almond milk or even unsweetened coconut milk? I do the unsweet coconut milk in protein shakes and it’s quite a bit less carbs than regular milk…very good too.

Hi All – I am in the US also….California. I am still struggling with the fasting. Had my first fast day on Monday and felt “sick” by afternoon….had to eat something. I am wondering if I need to “ease” into it….thoughts? Any strategies? I drank lots of hot tea (cold water increases my hunger). I went to the gym at 4pm thinking it would help but I felt worse….acid stomach I think from all the tea repeating on me. Anyway, all suggestions appreciated. I am going to try again.

Hi Everyone,

After reading all your posts has anyone tried mini meals to help get through the day?
    For example; I have lemon or chi tea in the morning sweetened with stevia, a couple hours later I’ll have a hard boiled egg. then about 4 hours later I may have a cup of fresh steamed broccoli or cauliflower with a tablespoon of siracchi sauce. Maybe another cup of tea and 4 raw almonds. all that keeps you under 500 calories and you don’t feel as if you are depriving yourself so much.

I hope this helps. 🙂 Happy New Year!!!!

Knitwit 54 perhaps you would feel better having your 500 calories throughout the day rather than all at once.

My plan is to have an egg in the morning, some salad at lunchtime and some protein at night. In between loads of black tea and coffee and sparkling water. That sort of plan might allow you not to feel so unwell.

In case it’s useful, I stopped having green tea on fast days because for some reason it made me feel nauseous with no food. Previously when I was successfully living the 5:2, I would have a poached egg in the morning and then protein and salad or stir fry for dinner but if I felt it was a bit hard I would have a few almonds or a rice cracker with almond butter in the middle of the day. I’m trying the eating only at night thing myself because after watching Michael Mosely’s documentary I have been reminded of the benefits of a longer fast period. It’s just a personal choice to give this a try.

This is Day 2 after my first “restart” fast day and I am amazed at how already the mania of “eating whatever I can get my hands on” has calmed down. It’s like December became an eating frenzy for me. I feel calmer and already lighter and just more in control. And that’s just after one fast day that wasn’t even as hard as I thought it would be. If I can just calmly stick to this so many of my problems will be sorted! I am going to do my next fast day tomorrow (New Years Day here in NZ) and start the year on a great note thinking of other good things rather than food. We have two family members coming for dinner tonight and I will be busy in the kitchen so hopefully will be less focused on the food and wine. I do not want to overdo it.

Hope you are all doing well there!

Hi all.
    It is so encouraging reading all your posts. Thank you. I have only managed one fast day so far. My second will be Saturday. Then back to work next week so I think I will find things a little easier being in my usual routine. I am thinking I will do 4:3 to kick start.
    Tomorrow is New Year’s Eve so a banquet awaits. I really am fed up of food. I am actually looking forward to starting properly Saturday.
    I have given away Christmas cake and eaten all the other goodies!!!!!
    Including demolishing the chocolate advent calendars – yes plural.

Looking forward to encouraging each other

Hi again all, I am enjoying sharing our experiences. Thanks for the suggestion about the alternative mils – I will try the almond milk on the fast days. I am not keen on soy milk but haven’t tried almond or coconut in coffee. I’ve never tried almond butter either but it sounds delicious – I must try it.

Like several of you, I’m also a big fan of boiled eggs or poached eggs as a snack or mini-meal and luckily I have my own three chickens so always have some delicious fresh free range eggs on hand 🙂 A bit off topic but chickens are great pets – I just love mine! They’re also excellent (eggcellent??) at eating all your left overs so you aren’t tempted to nibble them yourself.

I haven’t tried not eating at all until the evening as I feel faint if I do that.

As tonight is NYE I’ll be going to a barbecue. It’s not a fast day for me but I intend to stick to meat without the burger buns and I’m mmaking some mini muffins to take for dessert so just one will be enough for me. I’ll drink shandy made with a little bit of beer and the rest sugar free lemonade so I get the taste of beer but without the calories.

Happy new Year everyone, and especially good luck to those of you starting in the New Year!

I too am fed up with food but that’s a good way to start this. I have roped somebody else in for the ten week challeng and also to give up Booz completely for the ten weeks which I think will help enormously. I also have three hens but they are off lay for the winter. Yes, hens are great people!

Good luck everyone and a very Happy and Healthy 2016. X

It is Saturday 2 January here in NZ and I am almost at midday on my second fast day since my restart – wish me luck! Have been for a 2.5 km hilly walk in a summer rain storm. Also fed up with eating food – so glad the festive season is over already! Envy the chickens laying fresh eggs!

Well it’s very early in the morning on 2nd January here in a rather cold Scotland. Saw husband off to Tanzania yesterday and much though I will miss him, I am quite looking forward to not having to cook three meals a day. He is slim and hasn’t put on weight for over 40 years! Grrrr! So, used yesterday as a day of cutting out the nonsense. Today is my first proper fast day and so I weighed myself with substantial trepidation. 2 lbs less than last week!! Just proves that eating less and more sensibly really does help. That small loss has been even more encouragement, so looking forward to my first proper fast day. The plan is to have nothing till later this morning/ lunchtime. Then spending time with a friend who is also trying to lose weight so……no excuses…..no rubbish……lots of encouragement.

That is so encouraging, Jinty! And congratulations on your positive attitude re your husband’s departure. Just reporting in that it’s coming up 6pm here and I made it through fast day 2. We’re in the middle of a garage clear-out right now and not even desperate to eat yet. I was just thinking today how many unnecessary calories we imbibe in this life normally – we really haven’t needed food today. I am feeling good and under control; why why do I fall into comfort eating when being controlled like this makes me feel so good?? I’ve set another mini goal for myself which is that every day this year I have to travel at least 2km (that’s the minimum baseline) under my own steam – walking, running, cycling or on the rowing machine in our (currently being cleared out) garage. If I set myself that as the bare minimum then I will exercise every day and most times do more.

I’m in as well. Had some success last year with fasting 2 days a week and my goal was to be skinny by my 45th birthday but had a rough year of several deaths in the family so that didn’t work out. Recommitting myself to being skinny, or at least healthier (which really is far more important given the past year’s events), by April before I turn 46 so a 10 week (hopefully 20 lb) challenge is great!

Gained 5 lbs on holiday in beginning of Dec and then another 2 over Christmas. Actually started de-carbing and eating calorie restricted high fat diet on Dec 28 and down 6 lbs (happy to get rid of most of the 7 lb weight gain before it found a permanent home) but ready to get back to some fasting.

Good luck to us all and I look forward to seeing everyone’s results!

Well done! I start on Monday. When you say low carb hi fat, do you mean Atkins?
    Sorry for your losses. Lost my husband last spring, don’t feel like dieting when that happens. Good luck. X

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply.