Christmas Day and feeling bad about my weight. 10 week challenge – no excuses

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Christmas Day and feeling bad about my weight. 10 week challenge – no excuses

This topic contains 228 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  jellybeanz 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 29 posts - 201 through 229 (of 229 total)

• Thank you RedDog and I am impressed you know about Waitangi Day 🙂 And Jellybeanz that seems pretty impressive weight loss to me! Seems like you are well on track.

Update from the bottom of the world…it is 4.20pm on another fast day (Tuesday here – Monday was a public holiday). I wouldn’t exactly say I fell off the wagon at the weekend but I definitely enjoyed some delicious food and wine. But because my wagon continues today with the fasting I think I am still on it! Am not weighing myself (because too scared to discover there is no difference) but I FEEL different. I looked good in most photos taken at the weekend (not puffed up around my face) and I feel more alert, plus am having fewer hot flushes. I don’t want big meals any more. And I haven’t purchased potato crisps (my weakness) for ages. I’ve stopped thinking about them. (I ate some at a BBQ though at the weekend when they were placed in front of me.)

I went to the gym today (it’s a cool gym as it is actually an elite training centre for young athletes and they allow gym memberships) and “rode 12.5km up hills” on the cycle and basically just broke the ice of going to the gym for the first time. I have one of those assessments on Monday so I guess I will get my true weight then (not the number off our dodgy scales). That’s one incentive to keep fasting this week!!

Anyway have eaten nothing all day and looking forward to a light tofu stirfry with veges for dinner.

Hope you are all doing well! I tell you, I am hanging out for being in the 50s and not the 60s when it comes to kilos. When I see 59.XX then I know I’m getting somewhere. Too scared to look now…

Looks like the halfway point was a bumpy ride and a few of us slid off the wagon. I was in the low 140’s mid-week but made it down to 138.5lbs this morning (still Monday here) after eating 600-700 calories each on Sat & Sun. Glad to still be in the 130’s – not fully back on track but will just keep on going and try to get the fast days in. Happy fasting everybody, we can do this if we just stick with it!

Just catching up on the posts… Great job on the 8 lb weight loss jellybeanz!
    I agree littlepea, a few crisps is definitely not falling off the wagon and that is great you just fasted the next day.
    I feel off the wagon and wandered the deserts of candy land, climbed crisps mountain and swam in beer lake for several days before even finding the wagon trail. Had some chips & cheezies last evening (not a fast day) so I think I’m still walking along wagon trail and hopefully a wagon will come along on my next successful fast day. Heading to a medical appt today, 3 HR trip there and 3 HR back with my hubby so won’t be a fast day.
    You are all wonderfully inspiring! Keep up the posting and the great work!

😅 love that journey skinnyme think I have spent some holidays at that very place. I’m timing fast days in between friends funerals this week. Bit grim. Still inspired though and lent starts tomorrow so should help even more. Thought I would give up housework for lent. Seemed like a good idea. 🤔

Loved the description of your “off the wagon” journey too, SkinnyMe 🙂

Jellybeanz, I hope you manage to share some happy memories of your friends this week. Good luck with the fast days at this difficult time.

Giving up housework for lent sounds fun but I try to think of housework as good exercise 🙂
    Well done on going to the gym, LittlePea and good to hear you are feeling the difference. I’m a big fan of tofu too, think I will have some tonight. I have some frozen stir fry veggies in the freezer and some Tofu in the fridge so it’s a quick and easy meal after work. I’m getting very used to small portion sizes on non fast days now and don’t think I could go back to huge portions and that stuffed feeling after a meal. I am actually feeling more energetic in the evening and getting up and doing things after my evening meal instead of sitting in front of the TV for the rest of the night.

Hi Everyone, Just back from a Super Bowl escape weekend…had to get out of town while an estimated 1 million visitors arrived in town for the game. Gridlock! Anyway, friends and I went north to wine and lake country. While we got in some walking and hiking, there was more wine, cheese and crackers, brunch, snacks, and pizza than responsible eating. Got “even” for my Dry January too! Skinny, yes, falling off the wagon was a lot like you described so eloquently! Now I’m back I’m avoiding the scale until I have a few FDs under my belt. I completed a good FD yesterday and also swam 1km+, then walked for an hour and did a 1.5hr yoga class. I started the day with 5mile walk this morning, and am trying a 2pm today to 2pm tomorrow FD, as I have a dinner with friends tomorrow evening. Also signed up for swim lanes on both Sat and Sun for 2 extra workouts this week. We’ll see!

Littlepea, the gym can be an interesting place and hopefully you’ve found one where people are supportive and recognize that everyone is there for the same reason but not necessarily for the same goal. The weight-lifter guys at my gym are very competitive – fortunately, those aren’t the guys in the the pool!

In the meantime Jellybeanz it looks like you have a good weight loss recorded, and I, too, hope you have good memories of your friend. (My next OOT trip is to a memorial service in Los Angeles…but I don’t expect that to be an indulgent absence.)

Jinty I hope you’re feeling better. It looks to me like you made good, healthy food choices while your body was healing itself. Hope the weigh-in reflected that. Skinny, good for you getting back in the 130s so quick. I’m probably joining you there, only I’m UP from the 120s. Blech!

So here we are, most of us with a real stumble, in the middle of the 10-week challenge. We all have time to get back on track and still make good on our hopes and promises to ourselves. I suspect its normal to start a diet with enthusiasm, followed by a lapse. There’s a Samurai proverb printed inside the collar of one of my favorite cycling jerseys that sounds right about now: seven times down, eight times up.

C’mon, let’s all finish out this challenge with renewed vigor and sense of purpose! We each have a reason we started on this journey, let’s rededicate ourselves to it for the last of this challenge. ST55

Hi Everyone,

SweetTooth – Wine and lake country sounds like a great place to fall off the wagon but glad to hear you got back on it. I loved the Samurai proverb.

My mum used to say “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery” so I take it as a great compliment that a couple of my friends have now started the fast diet after noticing the difference in me so far!

Hope we are all fully back on the wagon trail now and look forward to hearing how you’re doing.

Red, compliment indeed! Congratulations to you for being the role model! It’s working!!! ST55

Hi – just wanted to let you know I am still here but my wagon hurtling out of control really fast while I attempt to hang onto it! International guests, crazy work deadlines, suddenly the process of my parents going into rest home care has kicked off with a hiss and a roar and travelling to the US for work this week. Feel out of control but going to stay in touch as I travel – thought since I have meetings every day that maybe I will do 16:8 for the work trip for a week…will check in soon but keep going everyone!

Hiya, well strange days here. Taken in as emergency last Thursday night and have spent until last night in hospital bed eating three meals a day, sugar in tea etc.ok now. AND I weighed this morning and have lost 12lb now since 4th Jan. So rather pleased this morning :-). Fast days have kinda gone out the window I eat egg and toast for breakfast then have sensible meal 4:30/5:00 then milk around 9:00 and that’s it. Giving up Booz has definitely made. A big difference too! Keep going peeps. 😋

HI jellybeanz, sorry to hear about the hospital stay but glad to hear you are doing better! Still a bumpy wagon ride for me but am going to get my motivation back for last 4 weeks of this challenge! Seems to make sense – 4 weeks with motivation and losing, 2 weeks lost initial motivation and gained, now hopefully can finish strong! Weight this morning was 141.2lbs but only a month to St Paddy’s day and hoping to get back well into the mid-130’s (again) by then.
    Started 151lbs, 38-31.5-40 measurements
    Current 141.2lbs, 37-30-38 so have had some successes!

Sorry to hear you are poorly. I hope you get well soon jellybeanz.

I have just had a week’s holiday back in England at my Mum and Dad’s. I only managed one day of fasting and didn’t hold back on all my favourite treats. The news from the scales was therefore not surprising. But onwards and upwards – back on fasting today and considering fasting 3 days this week to get things moving again.

Well, I have lost my first stone since 4th Jan so quite encouraged and surprised considering what has been and is going on. Off for a bath so will take tape measure and see what that says. Nice to have something positive going on. Keep going guys. X

Great news Jellybeanz. I haven’t been on the forum much lately as I’ve been busy with work but that has made fasting easier.

I made a great milestone as I am finally a healthy BMI of 25!!! I still want to lose a few more kilos to get to the middle of the healthy range.

How is everyone else doing?

Have just had a measure and have lost 51/2 inches overall 🙂

Hello all. I’ve been on holiday! Not just any ordinary holiday but one where all the food and drink came included and I lounged on a sunbed drinking cocktails. Whoops. I have to say though firstly I felt pretty good in my swimmers and my self control was amazing. My appetite has really shrunk and I managed to keep myself fairly on track during the whole event. I can tell from my belt that I’m ok – I daren’t stand on the scales yet though.

After such child-free indulgence I do feel a bit low though and have not managed a fast day since returning a week ago. I am skipping breakfast and going for a light brunch today (with diet noodles) and I’ll have a light non carb dinner so hopefully I’ll get myself back in the zone. Mondays, whilst probably the most sensible day to fast, are just too depressing to do it.

I really appreciate all the updates from you all and am thrilled by our collective successes. Keep it up all and for those whose journey is a little slower then take heart. The journey is all part of it and even one better food choice or skipped cake/biscuit is a step in the right direction to a healthier future.

JellyB, Congratulations! One STONE and 5.5 inches gone for good. Way to go! (Glad to hear that you are back in the pink, too.)

RedDog, You are amazing! Docs say that being at 25BMI is an important marker for health. It’s got to feel great to reach such an important milestone!

I hope both of you are really proud of your accomplishments!

MrsM and SP13, holidays aren’t for fasting! Holidays are for doing what it sounds both of you did, which is to enjoy, recreate and recover from everyday life. Now you’re back, now is time for fasting…just get back to your longer term plan.

SkinnyMe, if I remember you had some quick big success early on, so it looks like you’re keeping that in perspective. To lose 10pounds in 7 weeks is a terrific accomplishment. Please don’t lose sight of that.

For me, I’m on my 8th FD for Feb and my 19th of 2016. I hope to see some results at the end of the month, though I suspect they’ll be modest. It’s been a hectic, and often stressful, month. I have one more trip next week (mom’s income taxes) so there won’t be any fasting or any fun. This week’s FDs, the last 3 of the month, have to count! ST55

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say hope you’re all doing well! I really indulged this weekend on lots of yummy things – I won’t list what I had as I don’t want to make you hungry 🙂 So I was pleasantly surprised that I haven’t put weight on. I did do some long walks with the dog in between eating and drinking though. Back to fasting today and tomorrow.

RD

Just a quick update. Have plateaud but that was expected at some point. Only lost one pound since last post but it’s the right direction. 5lb to go to reach the 20lb target. Keep going everyone. X

Hello all, final results
    SW: 151
    FW: 143
    Lost 8 lbs total but had lost 15 quite quickly and then regained 7. Still fasting a couple of days a week but will need to track my non-fast days better! Wishing everyone the best in your fasting success!

10 weeks come and gone. 10 pounds gone for me. Like Skinny, early success then not! The first 7 went quickly, then things have slowed down. Fortunately, I know that my problem is the NFDs, so that’s my assignment to get the last 3-5 pounds this month. Good luck to every one! ST55

I am so sorry for abandoning you all. Not one aspect of my life is under control right now and I’m off the wagon well and truly. While I was in the United States things went super down hill with my Dad and we had two weeks to move them from their current home into a care facility that was the best in the city but was only going to have two available bedrooms for a couple of weeks. The last two weeks as a result have been epic and am physically, mentally and emotionally drained. And looking after myself went to the bottom of the pile with sleep being the biggest priority when I could get it. We are still finishing off the move and my work is super behind and please somebody tell me I can calmly return to this when i can get a routine in place. I hope you have all been doing well, will read your inspiring posts later.

Littlepea you gave had so much to deal with sweetheart that your eating is not of first importance. You concentrate on what you have to do and do your best to look after yourself. If that means having a piece of chocolate then so be it!! Cosmic hugs!!

Hi Littepea, oh my, you do have your plate full at the moment. You have my sympathy; I went through something similar several years ago, and it is not easy. As you say, every aspect of life totally blows up. Your parents will appreciate all that you are doing for them – if not immediately, then later on.

You are wise to focus on sleep, as you need to stay healthy. You being well is important not only for you and your parents, but also all of the other residents and workers at the care facility.

Fortunately, you seem to already understand that you can only pay attention to the few, most important priorities. (Took me months to internalize that.) Everything else just has to fall by the wayside. It just does. So please don’t beat yourself up about that.

Make a note in your calendar about the FD routine for several months from now, maybe May? August? Check in with yourself then, and see if life has settled down enough to get back on track. If its not right, push the date off by several months again. You’ll know when you can handle it. Until then, hang in there and know that my thoughts are with you. ST55

Hi all,

Sorry not been on for a while as I have been away for 2 weeks with very little internet access. I just got back today.

Littlepea – sorry to hear of your upheaval and hope things settle down for you. It’s hard to eat properly when your mind is all over the place and you are not getting enough regular sleep. I hope you manage to look after yourself as well as your loved ones and as ST55 says, get back on the FD when you are ready.

As for me – it was hard while away in Indonesia – I was eating out all the time and it was hard to get lower carb meals. Also coffee always came very strong and already sweetened – very delicious but it was a while before I learned how to ask for it unsweetened. So I ate well – not many sweet treats and plenty of swimming and walking. I will weigh myself in the morning first thing. I think I have put on a bit but not too much.

Before my holiday I had lost 7 pounds since Christmas and 25 pounds in total since I started the FD so I am very pleased to be fitting back in old clothes and also a very expensive wetsuit (a gift from my partner) that was ordered specially because of my short height but before I put on most of this weight. I still have a few more pounds to go before I reach my target so it will be interesting to hear how you all continue! Good luck everyone and special hugs to Littlepea.

Hi again – hope you’re all doing well. The good news from my holiday is that I actually lost weight! 0.7 kilos (one and a bit pounds)! I didn’t have any proper fast days while i was away but I think it’s because I’m now used to eating smaller portions, feeling full after less food, and stopping eating when I am full. Also I was less tempted to have sweet treats like cake and ice-cream, although one day I did have a portion of fried banana fritters (in batter) with condensed milk and sprinkled with palm sugar. I felt it was almost healthy as it had fruit in it 🙂 It was absolutely delicious and I enjoyed every mouthful but could only eat half of the huge portion.

Well, today I reached my 20lb loss. I started on. 4th Jan so didn’t quite do it in 10weeks but still pleased. My aim was 28lb by May Day so I have three weeks to lose another 8lb. Pleased with myself. I hope you are all doing ok. XX

Hi jelly:

You are already a success.

Enjoy!

Thank you. I have enjoyed the weekend..too much! 😃 But back to it tomorrow until May Bank holiday. X

Viewing 29 posts - 201 through 229 (of 229 total)

You must be logged in to reply.