If your clothes are looser but the scales are the same, read on

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
If your clothes are looser but the scales are the same, read on

This topic contains 3,762 replies, has 216 voices, and was last updated by  annette52 2 days, 9 hours ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 3,801 through 3,812 (of 3,812 total)

• Hello everyone
    Hope you and your sister are doing ok Annette?
    I’m ok, just recovering from a nasty inner ear infection.
    Still trying to get some fasting done each week but my fasting windows are shorter than ideal!
    My weight is stable but I could do with losing at least half a stone.
    Annual health check for my kidney disease soon, hope there is no bad news.

Let me know how you are all doing??

Hi Iona72,
    Good luck with the kidney check up.

My sister is doing well, Thanks. She is moving to a retirement village, hopefully in June. She seems recovered from sepsis, which is nothing short of a miracle.
    I have been on a mission to lose 14lb and lots of inches. Just started statins to go with the blood pressure tablets and I would love to come off both. Added to that I am off on a big holiday in July and there are clothes in my wardrobe that I simply can’t get on.
    So I am now 6lb down and 2 inches off my waist and bust, an inch off the bust and a quarter of an inch off my neck. To be able to do up the trousers and breathe, I think another 2 inches off my waist will make that possible, so the goal is to shift another 8lb in the 8 weeks before I go. Half term next week, so planning to skip breakfast and possibly lunch 3 times next week to help shifting the lard.
    How is MM??

Just had to move the button on my trousers an inch tighter as my trousers were falling down.

Oh my goodness, some medical stuff going on there.
    Annette,
    Don’t tighten your buttons, let your troos drop, wave your knick Knicks in the air, like you just don’t care.
    I’m about to try a pork cut, completely new to me, called pork collar/pork ribeye, should be yumza.
    The fattier cuts are more satiating,so I eat less.
    Both,all the best with your health.

Hi All!

Annette, so glad your sister is doing well and wow, an inch off the waist! That’s real progress. Like you, I have about 15 lbs. I’d like to shift. Even just 10 would be nice.

I started fasting and eating a Mediterranean diet about a month ago. Lost four pounds, but then had a two-week business trip to Italy. Despite it being in the Mediterranean, I’m afraid I ate way too much pasta and a couple of pizzas. So the lost pounds came back. Starting again, now that I am home, to eat a more sensible Mediterranean diet. Summer seems a good time, though it’s too early here for local veggies and fruits. Still very chilly at night.

Iona, I hope you get good news from your kidney check!

MM

Brilliant to hear from you MM.

I have more weight to lose, but right now my focus is on this 14lb. My goal is to lose 8lb in the next 7 weeks before I go away. I have 3 pairs of walking trousers with tags on that would be perfect, if only I can do them up. My guess is that another 8lb will allow me to do that.

I was reminded of the reptilian brain recently that drives us to eat when we start to lose weight. Some days I feel hungry all day but I know it’s the brain driving the hunger when I have eaten sufficient.

School is back next week plus the never ending supply of biscuits,which is always a challenge but I am on a mission to be comfortable in these trousers.

Longer term, I will have bloods in January and be weighed. I want to be significantly less than I am now and hopefully no longer need the blood pressure tablets.

A miracle has happened and I have lost 2 lb this week. I did a lot of walking on Wednesday which I think really helped.

The running totals for inch loss are 2 off the bust and waist, 11/2ibches off the hips plus quarter inch off my neck.

There are trousers in my wardrobe that I would like to wear in the autumn. Seems very ambitious currently but they’re another goal to aim for.

Good to hear from you all. Glad there are still positive vibes out there, never give up!
    Another pound down this week I think my body is finally adapting to some fasting and is no longer in panic mode clutching onto all the fat!!
    Have a good weekend, I’ll check in next week.

Whoop whoop Iona. Have you had the tape measure out to see other changes apart from the scales?

A friend of mine has lost 4 stone by simply eating just an evening meal. She had to lose 3 stone to get on the list for a knee replacement. She has times when the weight plateaus for a while before it starts to move again.

Onwards and downwards…

Morning All,
    Well I can get the trousers on and do them up, however breathing is then optional. But delighted with the progress in a week. Currently 4kg less of me which is brilliant too.

Fasting this morning and may have lunch or I might push on until this evening. On my own for dinner, so I am planning a little Chinese meal which I like but the boy doesn’t.

For me, one of the hardest things on a FD is to keep busy. Washing on, clearing up and then planning sewing. I did plan to be in the garden but it does look gloomy and cool. Off to buy food this morning which I never find difficult when I am on a FD.

How is everyone doing?

That is positive news Annette, well done. I can’t believe how cold it has been in June so far, nothing is doing great in our garden atm especially the small bit of veg we try to grow.
    I haven’t fasted at all this week, been rather over indulgent but plan to get back on track next week!! Grandkids and dog are keeping me busy though, so plenty of steps walked this week.
    I’m hoping for some warm sunshine soon but the forecast isn’t good for the next few days in NE England.
    Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Morning All,
    Feeling fed up. Not only is the weather poor but it’s been a difficult week on the food front. I haven’t had any chocolate for several months and was given some a present which I then scoffed. It wasn’t anywhere near as fabulous as I thought it was going to be but I still ate it.

People leaving at work has meant cake too, which I have also eaten. The result is that I have put a lb on, no shrinking with the tape measure and feeling cross with myself.

Well today I am doing a 24 hour fast today, which simply means no breakfast or lunch today. I am hopeful that I can nudge things in the right direction again.

Five weeks until I go away and the trousers are no where near comfortable so head down and focus.

How’s everyone getting on?

Viewing 12 posts - 3,801 through 3,812 (of 3,812 total)

You must be logged in to reply.