Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,901 through 4,950 (of 14,786 total)

• Pinch and a Punch, the first of the month!!

Hi everyone, I am back, hope you all missed me. Have been AWOL due to many things happening, internet, work, family, you all know the drill. The last few days have been trying to catch up on all your posts.

CG,GG, FB, Gypsy and Andrew, so fabulous to see all of your photos, you all look wonderful!!.

Welcome to the newbies, you all will think I am new but I started this WOL in February and even though I have been AWOL, I have been still doing 5.2. I am still only on 78.8 kgs as of this week but at least have not gone back to my starting weight of 83.5kgs. I have lost 3cm from my mid riff though and very happy about that.

CG, I read that you were at 80kgs for awhile and then lost the weight, so that has been inspirational for me. I know I will get off that plateu.

Lacie, I know how you feel, my problem is the wine as well. I can go all day eating healthy, 2 nights without wine and then bam – Wednesday comes and I want a wine, which leads to another. Then it is the weekend and we all know what happens then. I have been cutting down on weekends which is good. This is now my WOL and I do not want to miss out on the things I love to cut back altogether. As I have said before, I lurrvve FD’s. They are the best days (although, Monday I was v hungry all day) must be the colder weather setting in on the Gold Coast, only 24!! πŸ™‚

The weather has turned dramatically today, we are to expect up to 400mls of rain and it is blowing a gale outside my window at work on Surfers Paradise beach front.

I am so happy to be back posting again and have loved reading all of your posts from ummm way back to page 81 I think??

Sorry to not have replied to you all individually as way too many these days and it is great that we are No 2 on the thread, No 1 here we come.

Have a great day and weekend everyone.

PS, am off to Melbourne yet again next Wednesday, my mum is moving which has been another drama and she has been terribly upset, so trying to make everything easier for her. You only have 1 mum!!

xx

I am fasting today too FB, and what a nice post from you!

P.SS

Sorry forgot to say, such great results from all of you, keeps me going to see them!!

DiiP – welcome back πŸ™‚
    Congrats on the 3 cm lost ( and never to be found again!)

Hi Raven, I am in Connecticut. I wasn’t expecting it to stay cold for so long, but it is pretty and magnolias and bulbs are just beginning to bloom.

Gypsy, 10kgs, congrats. That’s excellent.

Lotus, those dress sizes, amazing!Well done!

Thank you, FB! Yes, a fondness for alcohol is definitely my weakness and LAcie, I have cut back to none most of the time but will have 1 or 2 tomorrow (Friday night) too.

Lotus that was interesting about the muscle water thing. I didn’t know that. I did know that in the past when I have done weight training as well as cardio, my weight has not moved much while my body changed quite a bit so I knew of the muscle weighs more than fat thing. As a result, these days I basically just do cardio at the gym and have decided that when I get to my goal weight, I will add in the weights which are important for strength, balance and general aging. I didn’t want to get demoralised by not seeing a shift. LAcie, have you been doing weight machines or muscle building cardio. If so then you will definitely be changing shape if not weight. However, your losses as others have said, are great. We are all just so impatient, I am definitely guilty of that.
    Fast day evening here and all went well, will put in my stats on here tomorrow after weighing in.
    And CG, thank you for the feedback. I am glad if I can offer something to the group.I get so much from it.

Uptight, I have started doing Fast Exercise Strength set (from the App available on Apple, and the book by the same name). It seems to be a good balance between doing too much weights and gaining temporary weight and not not doing any and losing muscle. Best of all – three rounds of the entire set last only about a minute and half! Have not tried Fast Exercise cardio yet, but again, the entire cardio workout is only 4 mins. And we only have to do this a max of three times a week. Almost too good to be true lol.

Morning all. Well I weighed in this morning at 72.5 which is just .1 shy of 10 kilos lost. Now 7kg of that was with 5:2 since January and the rest on another diet (for a much longer time!) that I gave up on as soon as I found 5:2. So very, very happy with that. No cm loss this week.
    I’m finding that with all the emotional turmoil in my life at present that 5:2 is a godsend. That’s always when I crumble…despite my good intentions I give in to emotional, comfort eating and I know how to do it well! But it doesn’t happen with 5:2. I’ve managed to stick to my FD’s and my NFD have been pretty good too. What I find is different is that I allow myself a treat eg shopping day I had a Bounty bar and factored it into MFP. I did avoid many others because the cals were just not worth it but the Bounty was not too bad at all. So….the difference is that it wasn’t mindless eating, it was careful, considered controlled treating. And then I was done…didn’t need to treat myself any more. 5:2 sure alters your relationship to foods.
    Sorry folks no energy to reply to others posts but please know that I’m reading everyone’s and cheering you on when you lose or do well, and cheering you on when you’re having a bad day or struggling with a FD. The journey out of this family drama is going to be a long, hard one & may involve life changing decisions.
    Have a great day all and enjoy those treats in moderation. OH is taking me out to lunch to thank me for all the work with his open studio so not eating much else today! suejen XX

SJ, really hope that your family issues come to a resolution soon. Don’t worry responding to each and everyone of us here, we do understand that you mean good for all of us and be assured that we mean good for you as well.

Team, one of the colleagues in my training group mentioned it to the group about determination and then mentioned my name and how determined I have been to lose the weight. Nothing to do with training, however just on the topic of determination, she wanted me to do a picture of myself, before and after. I looked and looked and looked on my phone and could not find any before pictures. Only, because I was so conscious about my weight at that time and stopped facing the camera all together. (And now GG calls me a poser…LOL)

Finally, I found one (see below)
    In Before picture, I am still covered in a jumper, so not a true reflection of me. I can assure you that I looked even bigger than this.
    and After picture was taken when I went overseas. The difference is 15 kilos purely with 5:2 in 6 months.
    I am so looking forward to change this After picture and show the difference of 22 kilos, when I will be at my goal weight (Fingers crossed)
    I was a size 16 in Before picture and now a comfortable 12. Aiming for that size 10 when I get to my goal weight.
     photo F9A79B2B-AAB3-48FE-8E25-CEE310B37B72.jpg

FB- Two little words on your achievement- Just. Amazing!
    Good on you!

Happy first of May team. Wow where has the time gone to – again! I’m feeling very chirpy today. I’ve been having awful hassles getting my puppy to walk on the leash. He was constantly chewing at it, darting about in front of my feet and turning my pleasant early morning walks into a nightmare. Well a wonderful dog obedience trainer came to our house yesterday and spent an hour or more here giving me theory plus practical help. This mornings walk was just wonderful. I’ve got some homework to do but that’s OK as I want a happy well behaved pet and not a B—y annoying yapping pest.
    Weigh and stat day here too and I’ve lost another 500 gms. Play the odd centimetre. I was pleasantly surprised as I’d had the odd overindulgence this past week. I do stick to my 500 calories on FD though. This diet is doable and does work. Lacie I too like my wine. I’m by no means an alcoholic but feel that if I’m going to succeed in the long term here I’m going to enjoy a few glasse of wine on NFDs and am prepared to lose weight more slowly. Mind you, I have lost almost 10 kilos in four and three quarter months so I’m well on track. My aim is for 60 kilos and will reevaluate the goal weight when I reach that. I agree totally with CG and others when they say that losing weight slowly is better than rapid weight loss.
    I’d be interested to know from others who have been doing the 5:2 longer than me. Have you found that the spare tyre just above the waistline is the slowest to decrease in size? This is the case with me.
    Enjoy the weekend team and try and remain positive. For the newbies this does get easier all the time. Our bodies can function for a surprising amount of time without food. Not fluids though. Please don’t try and starve yourselves though as its a recipe for failure.
    XX Doggy

Fatbuster wow don’t you look amazing. Well done you.

FB, you look fabulous. Thanks for posting, now you are inspiring me!

Hello,

Needy bye for me soon and you are already into your first day of spring. Have been doing the 16:8 this week, but due to a variety of things today I had only eaten 600 calories and found I couldn’t eat again until 9pm when I decided not to. Am very hungry right now, but just read your posts and hopefully it will push me through. Tomorrow am going out to dinner and a couple of glasses of vino are definitely I my future, FB, thanks for th photo. You look lovely. Congrats.

Hi team, thanks for your kind words. Today was a much slower pace. Normal weekly routine is FD Monday and Wednesday when I am working from home, Tuesdays and Thursdays are marathons with travel to MelbVegas and Friday is a sleep in, endless project status reports and domestic chores. Didn’t do full fast days this week as I am getting over a tummy bug and feeling kind of weak. But next week is what it is and I’ll be back into 5:2.

Fantastic before and after pics FB. You really are an inspiration!

FB. Great picks! I commend you for getting on top of a life trend so early in the piece. It will serve you well. And you are just the one to help others to find the light! You have such a pretty face, (in both pics!) it’s a personality glow. Doubt any amount of weight could snuff it. But it is true that we see ourselves disappearing in the lard. I feel reclaimed as if the fat made ‘me’ invisible! Loving it.

CG, luck with your surgeon’s appt. hope you get an op date soon.

Doin’it, good to hear from you, we did note your absence! luck with Mum’s move.

Lotus I tried to look up the short intensive exercise thing for a clue to the moves, but can’t find any that don’t just drone on as a hook to get one to buy yet another book, program etc. is it possible for you to describe the exercises? Or a link to it for free?

Up, your posts are always contributory! we are loving hearing about your USA experience, onya!
    And Suejen, glad hubby appreciates your support of his career. enjoy your victory dinner. plus , the best thing you can do to settle your daughter’s feathers is to be solid in your parental relationship and a homing beacon she will value as her own journey proceeds.

Doggy, you tame that mutt now!

So I am sorting stuff to pack in my saddle bags, looks like we have a good weather window of about a week here in the North, I’m going to make the best of it. The south is brewing storms, so thinking I’ll go West, Crow country! Havagoodweek all, Cheers! Gyps.

Hi team, what a long day, I left home over 10 hours ago so wont need much rocking tonight πŸ˜‰ great posts team, all very positive. Loved the pics FB, your really beautiful in both but know how you feel when you carry extra weight….and you are doing so well. As Gypsy said, it’s great that you started 5:2 so young, it trains you for life.
    Diip, lovely to see you back, we all have those life issues which control our time, good luck with youR Mum’s move, I hope it goes smoothly for you.
    Doggy even after my huge loss, the area between my navel and bust is still the hardest part to get rid of. My lower tummy is quite flat now so hope in time, that area will go too. Yet my thighs and bum have gotten so much smaller, I guess we don’t get much say where the fat goes from, as long as it goes.
    Up, we love hearing from you and your adventures, fancy losing so much when you were having trouble with getting healthy food in the beginning. Well done πŸ™‚
    Gypsy, I bought the exercise book and saw the TV show, it’s basically on the exercise bike, ride slowly for a few minutes then go like hell for 20 seconds…do that 3 times and that’s it! He says to do it three days a week and it gives you the same results as hours in the gym. (Must get the cobwebs of my e’bike and start back into it πŸ™‚ )
    Well the news is my op is to go ahead, he said the hospital could take 4-6 months to get me in. He then sent me to admin to fill out forms, AND GUESS WHAT…she said it will be in FOUR WEEKS:) yahoooo
    So once I get a confirmation letter I really start to believe.
    Enjoy your evening team, or at least enjoy what you eat πŸ™‚ …….CG xxx.

Hi everyone , congratulations on the weight loss. Today was a great day! The scales came down to 87.4 kilos πŸ™‚ ……so I went down, then up then down again. This is week 3 for me. Enjoy your weekend and thank you for your support.

Taco well done, that is the way it works for us all, welcome to the ZigZag club πŸ™‚ now you know it’s working..CG xxx

CG – great news re your op!!!! Fingers crossed for you now, that it all goes ahead as planned…
    Taco – great loss. Good work πŸ™‚
    Gypsy – it’s pretty much as CG described, but here is the low-down from the good doctor himself –
    https://www.fast-exercises.com/what-is-fast-exercise/
    I found the app good value for fast strength workouts, and it has a bell- stop watch, making time counting easy. for fast cardio – run at full burst up a hill or staircase for 10-30 secs, rest / stroll down for 2 mins, rinse, repeat 2-3 times. And do this alternate days thrice a week max.
    More information and heaps of exercise combinations if you google “circuit training sets”.

I had a semi-fast today at 600 calories, but it’s the third day in 4:3 and also Aunty Flo visit time- so I felt (and fed!) a carb craving πŸ™‚
    Oh well, as far the graphs points downwards in the long run, not sweating it πŸ™‚

CG and Lotus, thanks for the info, will check out the link. A few 20 second bursts on the exercise bike sounds a lot easier than the half hour I slog out! Great news about your op CG. Have a good night girls, getting cooler here at night, lovely. zzzzzzzzz.

Hi all,
    thanks Lotus, that rings a bell from one of Michael’s other documentaries. I remember seeing him do that and getting great blood work results etc. I will look at the link.

And Gypsy I so agree, lucky to be young when this science has become available. My daughter is already doing this so hopefully she won’t spend her adult life stressing as the weight creeps on etc should she ever have children, menopause etc.

Doggy, can’t speak for others but my weight loss started at the top and the bottom and then finally met in the middle. My husband is like many men I think, carrying nearly all of his extra weight in that one tummy area. Makes it simpler!

So the big news of my day is my ticker. Reached my goal. 76 in early November and 66 today.

But, you don’t get rid of me that easily! I never dreamed that I would actually have such success and when I made this goal I would have been happy if I had to be 66 forever. But, to settle for this when I now know I can do it would be crazy. I an 5’5 or 165cm tall. I weighed 58 kg’s before children and after my second particularly hungry baby, I weighed 57. And looked good!

So, I truly think that would be too low at this age, 58, but my new goal is 60, which seems like an absolute dream. But I know it must actually be achievable.

So Friday night, is my alcohol night and I may even have 2 tonight to celebrate. Cheers all!

Oh WOW! Uptight that’s just great news!!! We may have to start a new thread soon- Aussie Determination for Maintainers πŸ™‚

Hi All!
    Got back this afternoon from my trip to the west of Ireland. It was amazing and even better fun than I had imagined…the scenery, fun and laughter, food and drink, shopping – what a wonderful, special time. The highlight of the trip was when my two nieces organised a stripper as a birthday surprise for my sister! He was so bad, it turned out to be hysterically funny and we laughed until we cried!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ I tried to eat sensibly for the first day and a half and then decided life is too short…..my carb and sugar craving monster was truly awakened; but I don’t care! I’ll be back on track tomorrow. (BTW, I bought a dress and skirt which were two sizes smaller than I was before Christmas!! πŸ™‚ ) Oh and the coral tootsies got an outing at the pool!!! πŸ˜‰
    Had a great time reading all your posts but I can’t possibly respond to each one individually. Andrew and FB – your before and after photos are inspirational. You both look so happy and healthy, well done!
    SJ – sorry that you are having a tough time with your daughter. I really hope time helps to heal and bring about a resolution. In the meantime, look after yourself.
    Up – brilliant loss, even away from home.
    CG – I hope your surgery happens sooner than later and brings the relief you deserve.
    Doit – great to have you back again; hope life is treating you kindly now.
    A big Hi to all the regulars and a warm welcome to the newbies. We are a friendly, supportive, warm and wise group….not to mention, fun!! πŸ˜‰
    Gotta get to bed now…..funnily enough, I have some sleep to catch up on, so goodnight/morning. Catch you all later!

Good to have you back in action Fit! So glad you had a smashing time. Nightie night for now πŸ™‚

Hi everyone, thank you for your encouraging words. I like weekends πŸ™‚ CG – It is good to hear that your operation will be sooner rather than later and thanks for the zigzag club welcome , yes I understand now. Suejen, 10 kilos is a lot of weight, congratulations. Doggy and Lotus, I like wine too πŸ™‚ Gypsie πŸ™‚ you too congratulations πŸ™‚ FB – you look fantastic πŸ™‚

Good morning team, Up, what great results for you congratulations and don’t agree with you leaving us πŸ™‚ sorry Lotus…..
    Fit I’m so pleased you had such a great time, we love our families but some times it can be touch and go but it sounds like it was full of fun and laughter and lots of new memories made.
    Yes, I’m at nail biting time now, just waiting for a confirmation letter from the hospital and once I see a date in black and white will really believe it will happen. I’m putting an awful lot of faith in this op but he did say it will definately stop pain in my leg so hopefully this will give me the mobility I’m longing for πŸ™‚ it will be keyhole, he said fusion would cause more deterioration further up my spine which he showed me on my MRI, so quick hospital stay, quick recovery and home after two days. A month or so of no bending, twisting of lifting ..but…I CAN DO IT πŸ™‚
    Off the smokes AGAIN as of today for pre op prep, so will be stringent knowing it’s not a pipe dream πŸ™‚
    Team, today is yours, we will never get it back, live every minute of it, don’t sweat the small stuff, it is so insignificant and a waste of emotion……suejen, this is your life too, please be kind to yourself troubles DO pass and have less effect in time, raw troubles do hurt but day by day they ease….as Buddah said, it’s like holding a piece of hot coal to throw at an enemy, you are the one who gets burnt…..hope you had a lovely evening with OH certainly earned by you πŸ™‚ … Happy day team, get out and make some tracks, don’t follow someone elses path πŸ™‚ …CG xxxxx

Morning Team! I have pulled my photo’s apart and cannot find any pics of before ….not surprising I felt so overweight that I would not have my pic taken. My heaviest was 86kgs… Starting 5:2 back in Sept 2014 when I was 83kgs . At weigh in this morning I AM 70kgs a total loss of 13kgs!
    CG – so happy for you….sorry about giving you my 2kgs. Good news about your op . Stay strong with the NOT SMOKING . We want you to a a smooth post op recovery.You are an inspiration to all of us
    GYPSY- congrats on the loss of 10kgs …HOOT WELL DONE.
    DONIT- so glad you are back with us. You have done well with 3cms loss.
    UP- well down
    FIT- what happy times you had on your holiday. welcome back.
    FB- you are my inspiration!and I am so proud of you.
    SJ- I am sending you lots of love and friendship.
    Andrew- Keep on taking things easy until you are 100% better
    It is a horrible wet winding day on the mid north coast will be for the next few days unfortunately….will not be going any where…I will do pilates later and read my books etc. OH is well in the depths of the flu…. it is so sad when this happens to him. It takes some weeks for his immune system to recover from a cold.
    Take care and stay warm…….GO GAL xxxxxx

GG, just so proud of you, you have worked so hard to drop so much weight (except in Melb πŸ™‚ ) love to OH and stay well and rested yourself, you don’t need to pick it up….who looks after the break down van when the break down van breaks down? πŸ™‚ …CG xxxxx

Good Morning from Portland Oregon,

A beautiful day here today. So many great posts I don’t know where to start. I did say that I wouel be checking in with my stats, which will be my first to this group.

It has been 4 weeks for me. Such an important reorganizing of self and re-envisioning of the future. I wish I had more time to share with new and old members more personally but please know that I have found this group so helpful to me and hope that I am extending support and encouragement to you all.

I have worked to convert the numbers so here they are. 4 weeks ago I as 72.2 kgs. Today I am 68 on the dot! Waist went from 86.36 to 78.57, Thighs from 61 to 57.7 and Hips from 110 to 105.5. Whee! Got that one pair of pants on that have not fit for a year.

I am on the run as I am off to a night of fun frolic and alcohol, which feels much deserved. One month down, 1/3 of the way to my goal. Over the hardest part I hope as this is becoming easier, with moments that still feel tough, but do pass. Will try to post more details later for folks who are new like me. Happy Saturday, Be well, R

Morning fellow Aussies,
    So many posts to read and take in. I wish I could send a personalized note to every single one, alas, many of you are better at that than I am at the moment. Probably once I get to know you all better…
    I had myself a pretty good week. Two successful fasts and a bit of good news from my tape measure. The scale, not so much. But, I didn’t let it get me down. I’d been sick so couldn’t exercise. Enjoyed a glass of wine with a lovely steak and salad dinner last night. I’ve decided Friday (my FDs are Monday and Thursday) will be my free-within-reason dinner night. I even made desserts, but they failed which felt a bit like a message from the universe. haha I’m off to the gym now and looking forward to it. Go figure!
    I plan to stay busy this weekend and keep my eyes on the prize, but not stress too much about food. That feels counter-productive. I wish everyone a great, sunny weekend. If you’re in Sydney, I know the sunny part is a big ask. But, I see blue sky out my window now, so YAY. Keep up the good work.
    lacie

PS You guys helped me get over a bad patch this week. Thanks

Well done, RAven! Doesn’t it feel great?

Morning Team and thanks for your encouragement. It’s much appreciated. Well after a meal out & several glasses of wine yesterday (hate it when they keep on filling up your glass, you end up with no idea of how much you had) I was happy to see on the scales that I’m still in the 72’s today. Yeah! Expected the zig but hasn’t happened yet.
    lacie sounds like you got two things under control already….you’re not letting the scales rule you (yeah for you) and you’re not stressing about food or calories. Methinks you’ll do well!
    Raven fantastic weight loss and even better measurements especially that waist loss wow
    GG huge congrats on your 13kg loss. Well done. What’s your goal…think it was similar to mine.
    CG wonderful news about your op particularly re the timeframe. And you’ve got your body into a great place to withstand/recover from the surgery thanks to 5:2.
    Fit glad you’re back & glad you had a wonderful time with family. And woohoo for you a dress & skirt 2 sizes smaller. How GOOD you must feel.
    UT you have reached your goal FABULOUS but so glad that you’ve made a new goal & decided to stay with us. Much better decision. Oh by the way I couldn’t find where the ticker was on MFP? Any hints thanks.
    Gyps thanks for your wise words re my daughter. And for making this such a fun place!
    Have a great weekend everyone & enjoy those things you’ve been hanging out for…..but just little bits of them till you’re satisfied. Portion control eh. sj

Melbgirl – don’t starve yourself. Miso soup is fabulous, so are vege sticks. I still have lunch just a light lunch though. Welcome to this WOL I have found it fabulous so far and so easy to stick to !

Lacie – High intensity interval training for shorter bursts will give a far better result than slogging it out in the gym. Also remember that fat takes up more space and therefore weighs more than muscle. If you are exercising a lot don’t be surprised if your weight doesn’t fluctuate much some weeks. You may have put on muscle – keep an eye on your measurements. I’d much prefer to be a good weight but have a good muscle mass than a smaller weight with no muscle mass. Don’t get stuck on the number but on how you feel. Eight weeks and losing 5kg is fabulous result and you will keep seeing results. Remember it’s a marathon not a sprint I have to keep reminding myself of the same

Yay for everyone who lost something if it is cm or grams! well done!!!

FB – what a fabulous transformation!!!! You look stunning! Well don’e on getting to a comfortable sze 12 that’s where I want to be back to!

Yay Taco on your loss! Isnt this WOL amazing!

ME – well I will fully update my tracker when I get home from work . But………………………. im currently sitting at about 87.6kg ! that’s a total loss of 4.4 kg since starting this journey on the 13/4 ! working out that I was actually closer to 92kg when I started this journey not 90 as first thought (sigh) I have altered my fast days to mon/wed and I did a half fast day yesterday knowing lasagne and wine was on the menu for my relaxing Friday evening at home (cheer goes back next week) and I may have over indulged in some chocolate too (oops) .

Next weeks plan – to add a brief 7-15 min HIT workout to my morning routine on the FD and a more intense 20-30 min workout to my NFD – also to keep busy and make sure I hit my goal steps too (7500) which isn’t a lot but some days I go way over and some days I only just get close.

Also am reducing my allowed alcohol days to Saturday, tues and thurs that way I am getting a break on the alternate days. I have also gotten some dark chocolate in single portions from aldi that way I can limit the sitting with a block of chocolate and eating the lot!!

With cheer going back next week I expect that I will start to see much better results as training intensifies before competition season starts! (8 weeks away and I want to go down a uniform size before we get our new uniforms so watch me lose those cm!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!!

Cheers M.O.M

Good Morning ADs
    And a big congrats to all losers.
    Weighin day for me today, stuck at 70.5 kilos. I did 4:3 this week, was hoping to see the movement but Na..da…
    I m hovering around same weight for approx 3 weeks now. Is it the dreaded PLATEAU….
    Well, things are moving inside I thinks. My pants are feeling little loose. My tape measure is telling a different story as well ( but I dont rely on tape measure, as I dont think that I measure myself correctly)
    I am trying to see the light at end of the tunnel… Lol. I guess that’s tge best that I can do… LOL
    Off to work again today. Will be at work only for a short while to complete unfinished work from yesterday.
    Catch ya all later!!
    FB

Hello great team members wherever you Are in the world. Fitto I had such a laugh at your story and the stripper. I’m of the opinion that a good laugh is so good for us , body and mind.
    DIIP – such shocking whether once again in your part of the world. Do stay safe. It’s so sad that people still try to drive through flooded roads and come to grief. I think it’s a whole family that has lost their lives plus two others. It’s just too awful. We had a scary experience some years ago with just such an occurrence. We’d had bad flooding and the roads appeared OK but hubby was driving and we came to a causeway. I got scared and told him to stop and go back but he gunned the engine and drove through it. The water started lapping almost over the wheels and was a rushing torrent. We did get through safely but he got a huge fright plus a bollickimg from me.
    CG it looks as though your surgery is now almost here. Will keep fingers crossed for you. Yes keyhole is so much less intrusive. I had a spinal fusion about 15 years ago. Major op and no keyhole stuff.
    Have any of you thought about what you are going to do once you reach your desired weight? I have a way to go yet. Almost another 10 kilos but happy to keep on aiming for my goal. I will probably do as Michael does and change to 6:1. Being able to tweak ones approach to this WOE is what makes it so doable.
    Happy weekend all. Cheers Doggy. XX

Golly team, you all need such applause for your efforts. All your mind sets are so spot on and no matter what form of 5:2 you follow it works. Go with what ever floats your own boat. Especially don’t be discouraged by others losses or weight. We are all so very different in genes and shape (and jeans πŸ™‚ ) I used to think this WOE was an addiction for good weight and health but it’s more. It comes down to common sense, which lets admit isn’t always that common! I think over the years, especially being mothers and controlling a budget, and lack of money in the tough years, we hated waste and made great leftovers with heaps of butter in fry ups (oh yum) bought things like BBQ chops with are cheap or sausages (and all the different meals we could make out of them) but so full of fat, but we had full healthy families for another night!
    If anything it did make us better cooks and now we are using our experiences with different types of cooking be it soups, stir frys casseroles etc, but in a healthy way. Oh we are clever. With 5:2 we have all found we have smaller appetites and don’t tolerate fat easily as in frying anything, dry baking with a squirt of oil spray is so much nicer than something dripping in grease anyway! Must admit though, my whiskey and zero still tastes as good, I had none last night so had two glasses of Moscato (from Aldi) low cal and very easy on the pallet! Mmmmm.
    No messages team, just home from shopping, pretty much done in from yesterday. Was going to spray my paddocks but needing to sit today! Read the posts when I got home and the sense of pride I feel for you all is over whelming, πŸ™‚ Stay safe GG, keep the water wings at the ready, I know your getting all the flooding rain….have a great day team and be kind to yourself…5:2 is part of your life….not all of it πŸ™‚ …CG xxx

I forgot to say team, you must wonder WHY I personally feel a sense of pride with you all. I remember when each and every one of you started with AUSSIE DETERMINATION and know how far you have come, I know the issues you had, the beginning of your journeys, and have a look at you now, even our newbies, how far you have come, with our help, in such a short time…..just wanted to clarify my pride to you all πŸ™‚ CG xxxxxxx

Hello,
    Back from my evening of over indulgence. . Coundtygal, when I read your posts I think “Why of why didn’t I move to Australia when I had the chance!” I did have the chance back in 1996. I was just getting ready to graduate from graduate school in counseling pshchology and drama therapy. I guess that Australia at the time was looking to bring more creative arts therapists to the area. I actually filled out some applications and was approved for a program in Sydney to start work as a drama therapist. I had started the process of relocation when I met my lovely, kind, OH and stayed in the US.

No regrets. Wishing you all a wonderful Saturday. A very happy with what I have been able to accomplish. With this WOL/WOE. Such a supportive group of people. Be well, R

That’s lovely Raven, but we are only a key board away πŸ™‚ xxx CG

CG _ thank you for the profound pride you feel in all of us. I know if it were not for your encouragement and support in the early days as My buddy I would be still struggling. …….GO GALxxxxx

Hi all, I have been quiet, but keeping up with all the postings. Loved the before and after pics, most inspiring. And I love the stories, laughing and commiserating with you all.

CG, I just had to say, your comments about cooking through the struggling years setting us up with the ability to adapt to what we now know is so much better for us struck a chord with me, and I wanted to say I so understand where you are coming from. And you, and the whole team, should be proud! This wol and the support from everyone are changing so many lives.

And common sense can’t be learned! πŸ™‚

Thank you Barata, yes you have been quiet, are you okay. I know some of my favourite recipes are ones Mum did, which came from the depression years, and I still use a lot of them, as all Mothers know, we adapt our cooking to our budget! And loved your last line too Barata, very true πŸ™‚ …CG xx

Yes, all well thanks, very busy at work, and really not much to report – weight is tracking down at a snail’s pace, but that’s fine as I am at maintenance, or near enough not to matter.

I am so pleased to hear that you have a timetable for your operation, I cannot imagine living with constant pain. I hope your subjects keep you smiling.. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

My older son (not the one in Sydney) is 40 today – wow, makes me feel… as young as I want to feel!! He’s working, driving out of town, so may have celebrations tomorrow.

Hello.all,

One last look for me as I go to sleep here. Much inspiration to be had from all of you. Even though this night to be free with my eating I just did no want to eat some of the foods I would have in the past. This,WOE/WOL does seem to shift things a bit without too much dissent. After a variety of life issues including cancer and the post cancer drugs I started feel as if this is “just the way it is” and I should ”be happy that I am alive” , but did not feel joy in my body. UPTIGHT, yes, it does feel great to know that my body is still my own. I do have a say in my own health. Happy Sunday to the majority of you all as head into my Saturday. Be well.

Just a quick look-in to say hello, and what lovely posts on this thread today!! CG, what a great post ( on pride in us plus learning through for tough times) so true – all of it- I have noticed that our shopping trolleys are almost 70 percent fruits and veggies, with almost no junk. Mum would be so proud πŸ™‚
    And you have a right to feel proud of us, in fact we are all proud of each other. So many obstacles crossed to come to this point…

Going off to share a pizza and glass of red wine with OH now πŸ™‚
    Stay safe and indoors if you are in wet weather team!

Hi ADs
    This is from CG:

photo 7173F97F-0486-4FA0-97C9-57077EDC2285.png

Sorry, need to rush, but hope all are enjoying the weekend.
    CG really hope that you get the appointment for op as soon as you expect.

Thank FB, I’m not clever enough to do it BUT only two sections came through, there is a lot more to it and very funny. Try again ONLY when you have time. Thank you again FB, have a lovely night CG xxxxx

Thanks FB for the post. Yes agree CREATION has never been explained like this.LOL
    SJ- my goal is 68kgs … I don’t mind how long the next 2kgs take or whether I go up and down futher This WOL and WOE is so doable and healthy.
    Stick to the original plan of 5:2 … find what works for you as an individual. You know you can do it use YOUR STRONG AUSSIE DETERMINATION and you will always win.
    BARATA- glad your back … enjoy your son’s celebration tomorrow

The winds are blowin
    Rain keeps a fallin
    The sky is grey and dark
    Rays of light weave their way through
    to show the hint of blue
    but the grey won’t move
    it shows its anger of lighting and thunder into the night
    My heart is warm and I am safe
    Until the sun shines through
    ………GO GAL

I am so so sorry CG.
    I will post the whole thing tomorrow morning. Came home late from work and didnt realise that the file was that big.
    I promise todo it tomorrow.
    You have a good night and missing you πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 4,901 through 4,950 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.