Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,551 through 12,600 (of 14,786 total)

• AA, sorry to hear you’re under so much pressure and not feeling well, but hopefully your quiet time with a good friend has helped to restore your spirits. Wishing you better health and less stress 💞

Oh Fit that’s the best news ever 😀 And unexpected I’m so thrilled we will eventually meet up for a real cuddle☺️ Get that jar ratteling! Oh, and my toe and tooth are all fine. Danny only took the skin off my middle toe, it bled lke mad but my own stupid fault being in sandles and it’s fine, and no reaction what so ever with my tooth, I think the dentist was putting the fear of God in me so I’d spend megga with him….not this little black duck! Enjoy your busy day ahead, and make sure you include some me time☺️💕
    Annie I think you really need to concerntrate on what you eat AND the portion control. I know the medication is giving you problems, but look for healthier alternatives if snacking😉 Temptation is all around us but let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION take over, give yourself a good talking to, and take control! YOU CAN DO IT, focus, we are all here to help you, YOU ARE NOT ALONE 😃 fasting just every so often doesn’t work, it’s a life time commitment. Sure we can have treats, and nothing is off limit, but portion control is a must. Choices are easy enough, just look for fresh…..watch the sugar content on pre made foods, and ask yourself “Do you really need it, are you really hungry” it WILL work for you, challenge yourself, then feel the pride when it’s been a GOOD day 😉 xxxxxxx

SCREAMS APLENTY HAPPENING IN NSW AND VICTORIA AS WE WRITE…… OUR FIT WILL BE WITH US NEXT YEAR 👏👏👏👏👏👏👍💗💖🌈BRING IT ON 2017!!!!
    ANNIE…so sorry to know you are not well. Please try to make better food choices as CG has suggested. The meds are the devil in your weight loss …..you are the angel and can defeat all the wrong temtation that food puts in your way. YOU HAVE DONE SO WELL….DO NOT GIVE IN!hoping you feel better very soon. Make some chicken vegie soup …..that always makes one feel better.

My fast day went out the window when OH brought out a hidden rocky road easter egg that he had brought last week…..well enough said about that.
    Tomorrow we have a family lunch so it will be seafood, my BIL’S Peaking duck with all the trimmings. And my desert of choc mocca cheese cake decorated in easter goodies.plus egg baskets for the children on Sunday..
    Sleep well all .Have a perfect day JADE AND FIT…..💓
    GO GAL

Hi genie, so appreciate you helping to keep the thread going while we played. I wouldn’t worry about your ups and downs on the scales. We all have them and it evens out according to how diligent we are on the fast days and being sensible on NFD. We all blow it now and then, but the beauty of it is in knowing we can control the outcome if we knuckle down. I so enjoyed the Sydney splurge. But now I know I can get back on track with a few fast days. I will have an easy Easter and not worry about fasting till later in the week. Enjoy your family time,all.

CG, no worries, we will have plenty of home brew for the Northern reunion. I planted the trees (thirty yrs ago)that the honey hives feed on. They are certainly organic!

Hats, here’s to us in the survival stakes. You will enjoy the Northern experience. I will see to it!
    Happy Easter all, xx gyps

Hi all! Nice to have to have a good support group going here. This is my first post here and and this is the end of my first week doing 5:2.
    I found the fast days to be not too bad if im keeping busy.
    However! I am completely binging on the day after a fast. Am i the only one?? Im also wondering how long before people started to notice they had more control over their hunger and eating? Im hopeless at the moment.
    Thanks guys!

Shellf welcome aboard. In time you find you don’t feel hungry at all after a fast day. Breaking habits are the key. Most of us don’t bother with breakki now and eat early arvo, anywhere between 11:00-2:00 if you question yourself, am I really hungry, it works 😃 I have a very milky coffee first thing in the morning and find it carries me through till 1:30-2:00 depending on what I’m doing. You’re right about staying busy on fasting days, keep your focus elsewhere other than food 😊 A smoothy is wonderful for a mid morning “meal” too, you may find you wont need lunch. Often what we think is hunger is really thirst. Stay with us, we will walk this journey with you. Have you much weight to lose?
    Yay GG, Fit’s coming, THE REAL ONE, better get brewing Gyps, the lepricorn will have some Irish company 😄💕xxxxxx

Shellf, with the control you question, it’s mind set, it really is 😌 We all have slip ups but if you consider what you would have had if you weaken, you begin to understand how to control eating for the sake of it 😃 Does that make sense? I used to have 3-4 chocolate bikkies every night with my coffee before bed, now I rarely have one if any, meaning that is 7 meals a week I don’t have, you ARE in control, it does take time, so don’t be too hard on yourself in the beginning. I cut down to begin with until I reached for them one night, and said out loud to myself, NO, YOU DON’T NEED ANY😊 ……..that’s taking control, xxxxxxx

Rocky road Easter egg’s GG…..yuuummm 😏💕xxx be careful xx

Welcome, Shellf! I’m still trying to get a handle on non fast days. My portion sizes have definitely come down so that’s good, but it’s the constant grazing I’m still battling…..especially in the evenings. I suppose we all have our individual weaknesses and learning to give them the slip is all part of this amazing journey and way of life. Keep going, you will get there!
    Gyps, looking forward to whatever you brew up for this Irish lass! Hold on to your hat, I’m flying in for WTF, the sequel!! 😉😃
    Easter eggs of any kind…..mmmmmm😋😋😋

What ho – so the gauntlet has been thrown! Fit, if we make it to Ireland, you and I can plant the seed in OH’s mind about WTF2, and OH YES his mind can be quite pliable after a pint or two of Franciscan Well 🍻😍 We have friends here this weekend from our 2015 trip, so OH is feeling rather Irish at the moment and I’m hopeful we can just get off our collective 🐴🐴 and book tickets 💚💚 – the dates for Dublin approx May30-June 5. Fingers crossed, one day at a time/all good things come to those who wait etc., and this old bird has been very patient, plus Gyps’s reading seems positive for good changes in the air as well. Thank you Gyps and I emailed you, big hugs for taking the time to do that for me especially with all you have going on. So Fit, no being quiet like Fit2 if we make it to Dublin – HA. He doesn’t stand a chance. And I’m so excited for you!! Now let’s make it a two-fer with our Aussie determination. 👩‍❤️‍👩💪💪

Ok it took an hour to type that….the party bus might have run me over a time or two 😠 but the evening was great fun, in fact we didn’t get home until the wee hours. Liquid refreshments aplenty, though none as good as CG’s description of Gyps’s honey bourbon…would be great for a cold but somehow the margaritas seemed to have drowned my cold germs, at least one can hope. 🤒

Welcome to Shell – as CG said it’s something we work on, trying to be mindful of what we’re doing. After all, most of us found our way here because we weren’t always well behaved 😈 Fasting sets a helpful baseline for true hunger. If you aren’t hungry for an apple or HB egg or something else that tasted heavenly on a FD, then you know you really aren’t hungry. Figuring that out can help you keep from eating due to just cravings. But give yourself time, it can take some getting used to but so worth it. And the bonus is all these wonderful people to talk it all over with! 💕 I have not been the most well behaved this week, and my sympathies to those who have but aren’t seeing the drop in numbers, I have spent many a week in that big tent. Keep at it ladies, we will all get there and in the meantime we are way healthier for our efforts.

Love to all, I must go brew more coffee now to remain upright and coherent for the bit of work of work I must do 😝 — jade xxx
    ps omg rocky road Easter eggs, really GG?? I could crawl inside one right now. 🐰

Hi there Jade! Yes, my OH and I will work on yours, no problem, when you get here in May. We will have a mini WTF of our own just to whet the appetite for the following year! 😉☘💚💚 We will bamboozle him with our Irish blarney and before you know it, he’ll be signing up to everything! Glad to hear you had a good night out and that you seem to have beaten that cold. It’s 5pm here and I’m doing well with my fast…just an apple and a few almonds. OH has been marinating fresh tuna in lime juice….yum! With some veggies for bulk, I’m hoping that will see me through to bedtime. Watching Ben Hur on the telly and remembering why I used to drool over Charlton Heston! (But not his politics!) Hope you’re all set for a lovely weekend 🌻🌷🌹🐶🐶🐣🐇🍸🍷🍫

Hey Fit, if your OH can transform mine into someone who marinates tuna – or just even occasionally ventures into the kitchen to cook anything – now that would be something. However, I’ll settle for smaller miracles 🤗
    I have now practically eaten my weight in grapes, so I believe I’ve finally rehydrated! It was a rough night after the cat knocked over my water glass, darn cat loves to just push the glass bit by bit right off the bedside table 🌊 which of course makes OH want to discuss rehoming the cats at 3 a.m. ⛔️⛔️

Good luck with all the party prep – cheers to you and your OH 🎂 Hope you found a scrumptious cake (as if there’s any other kind)! 😋- jade xx

Good morning/evening team….Jade you have to work on o/h, what a hoot if you could come with Fit 😀 I think we will all be a lot tireder than we are from Sydney ☺️ It would be a party every day!
    Out to get some shopping today, mainly fresh food of course, hoping most of the tourists have gone by the time I get there. Fortunately the shops are open all day so no great rush as it used to be with Saturday morning shopping only. I had a lovely sleep in again, but enjoying the rest before life gets back to normal as with aerobics and the gym, come Wednesday, although thinking of going to the pool Tuesday, for a personal “warm up” 😏 Oh so needed!
    Enjoy your day team, make the most of it, don’t be hard on yourselves, we have a long winter ahead so watching portion control and basic food choices will help 😉 It’s difficult with Easter chocolates and hot crossed bun everywhere you look, but we all bounced back after Xmas, so be kind to yourself, remember 5:2 is only PART of our lives not ALL of it. xxxxxxx💕😃

Mornin’ CG! Yes, I think the next reunion will be something else but it will still be hard to top WTF! I’m sure you will feel the benefits of getting back to the pool and your exercises. It’s great that you are sleeping so well, it’s very restorative. I’ve done the best fast day in ages today so hoping that the scales agree in the morning. If I’m near where I was last week, I’ll be thrilled! It’s time I got stricter with myself and just got with the programme…… I know what to do, it’s not rocket science and I will be so happy when I see and feel the results. I’m going to bed early as I want to get the last of the chores done and then enjoy relaxing and getting ready for the party in plenty of time. Night all! ❤️😀😴

Hi to everyone from a cloudy, dull and rainy Warburton this morning. I was planning to go and dead head roses, lop off the agapanthus seed pods and generally get this jungle into order. Might not be able to do that today. We’ll see how it pans out. OH has cut the grass, with cut being the operative word. The land is steep here in most places so it’s a brushcutter job. We need it tidy so the house sitter doesn’t have to worry about it. Met her yesterday and she seems very nice.

Had terrible trouble sleeping last night. I am reading a book that is hard to put down but usually I read a chapter or two and I am falling asleep. NOT LAST NIGHT. Turned off the light but it was just not going to happen. May have drifted for half an hour or so around 2 ish but was virtually awake until about 4.30 when I finally fell asleep. Slept until 8.30 so I will be dragging my feet today.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. The very reason the AD is special. Definitely helps to keep us motivated.

CG – I was 74.1 when I started and my goal was to reach 65 kg by the time we left for Japan. That will be Monday week so I don’t think I will make it but am happy with how I have done. There is a big difference in cms too. The fact that I feel better in my clothes is achievement enough at this stage but I will be getting stuck in when we get back. Japanese food is pretty healthy and we will be doing heaps and heaps of walking so hopefully I won’t pile on too many kgs.

GG – I was salivating over your coming meal. Well not the seafood bit but the rest sounds sooooooooo delicious.

AA – so sorry to read you are a bit down. It is always good to have a wee break. OH and I allowed ourselves one hot cross bun yesterday. I put the tiniest bit of Nutalex (the coconut oil one) on mine. I am not that keen on it but had to have something on my treat. I don’t allow butter in the house because I absolutely CANNOT BE TRUSTED WITH IT. If it is here I put it on so thick it looks like cheese!
    There will be no chocolate eggs in this house I’m afraid.

FIT – woohoo, how fabulous is the idea you could make it out to our fair shores. Hope the coin jar is already rattling. How wonderful would it be for you to meet all the AD’s you have known for a long time. Are there any Irish rellies you could unearth over here?

JADE – well, the gauntlet has certainly been thrown down. Come on now, there is lots of notice. Wouldn’t it be fun for you all to get together. Sounds like Dublin could be the first step.

SHELL – welcome. I have not been a member for all that long. As CG says, we all have our ups and downs and it does get easier. There is lots of support and encouragement here. When I slip a little I take solice in the fact that I am doing 100% better than I was before I began the 5.2. I think the best advice is to not be too hard on yourself if you do slip but to rally forth and try again.

Night nite Fit, have a relaxing sleep, the work is all done now, so time for the excitement to build ☺️ I hope you are able to sleep💕Xx
    Genie, you are doing very well, for some reason getting under the 70 mark on the scales is the hardest, and you have done it😉 As you say the food you will be eating is healthy plus so much walking so you might surprise yourself and even lose more! Your weather sounds the same as mine in South Gippsland, drizzle, but better than nothing, might even need a jacket to go out, woohoo, I love snuggly clothes 😀 The fact you feel and look better is the real bonus, and like you, I adore butter so try to limit myself, but refuse to go without 😏 Enjoy the day, no matter what it brings 💕😃xx

Morning all and evening to Fit and Jade. It is a beautiful day here, sun shining..birds singing and I am on top of the world. I have just weighed 96.4…..only .2 of a Kg increase..was 96.2 when I left home month ago…stoked😇😇😇😇🤗🤗🤗🤗.💐💐💐💐🎉🎉🌻🌻🌻 Cannot believe it!! 5.2 is certainly a miracle for me.
    To Shell and Skinny this is the best move you could ever make. I have had a battle with weight all of my life and can now be 100% sure that the weight I lose will stay off forever if I stick with the intermittent fasting.
    It is hard at first on fast days but you will soon get used to it. Each one becomes a little easier. When . I started I would boil two eggs and make a batch of miso soup the day before fast day.( recipe on the Aussie determination recipe thread) Then try not to eat for as long as you can, just water or a cup of coffee with a little milk if necessary. You need to plan your day and what you can eat before hand. Has anyone told you about My Fitness Pal? You download the app and it is easy to use. Plan what you can have on that. I have a simple night meal that is standard for my fast days and that consists of 100g of either chicken or fish, lots of steemed green vegetables, some of which I then brown in the pan after cooking the chicken…eg zuchini along with steamed sweet potatoes also browned. This is only around 220cals but very filling. You need to work it out yourself but I find vegetables more filling than salad. However lots of the other ladies on the thread have salad. Anyway that leaves you 280cals left for during the day which I filled up with the hard boiled eggs and miso soup and perhaps an apple, also found I nibbled on cucumbers carrot etc. . As you get better at this you will not need the soup and your day will be simple with just coffee, hard boiled eggs and your night meal and you will find you need less than the 500 cals to get through the day. The trick is to leave eating as long as you can, most of us now do not need to eat until about 4pm….that will come with time and practice. Water is your best friend…each time you are hungry..have a glass of water and go and do something to keep you busy..
    Sorry for rambling on so much but I am just so excited that I have found a way of life that I know I can stick to for the rest of my life and I will never put on weight again. And on my non fast days I can still enjoy my wine, chocolate and nibbles as long as I do them in moderation, it is just a matter of planning. I have quite a ways to go but am stoked with my progress so far. Keep with us and you will succeed. 💐💐💐🤗🤗🤗🎉🎉🎉🍹🍹🍫🍫.

Fit. Wow..can’t wait till September next year to meet you in person. 💐💐🎉🎉💃💃 . When you and Jade get together you will have to post some great pictures for us. That will be great fun and I’m sure you will be able to work your magic with Jade’s OH. And what a beautiful part of the world to come to. Lots of long cool drinks will be consumed by all no doubt. I’m sure Gyps and the gawdmother will throw a great party..
    Life is great!!💕💕🎉💐🍹🍾.

Genie sorry I missed you in my last post. Your Easter sounds very special and your trip even better. Enjoy!!

A big hi to everyone else as I must get out of bed. It is 11.35 am and I am certainly catching up on my sleep and rest but cannot laze the entire day away. 💜💜💜💜

Wow, Gypsy, great pics.
    Isn’t it awful when you see yourself in photos and realise that you actually look fatter than you thought? That is me with CG but not to worry, I thought everyone else looked great and Gypsy, I especially love that shot of you in the lavender and white outfit!

Well, I am definitely up for next years WTF and looking forward to being able to stay with you ladies so that I get to know you all better. I can see it definitely makes a difference!

And Fit, how exciting! You will definitely have other places to stay if you are able to go further afield while here.

SJ, good work on the weight front! I am too scared to look but am definitely cutting down on the wine which will make a big difference and I have no excuse now after reading this! http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-22/studies-linking-alcohol-to-health-benefits-flawed-researchers/7264040?section=health

However, Gypsy, do keep up your excellent efforts, I will not be teetotalling any time soon!

Hi to all, Annie, I hope you feel better soon. I have given up trying to name names but thinking about you all. I have a bit of a headache today so while I had many plans job wise, nothing at all has happened so far disappointingly. I took yesterday off as a slothful day and was all geared up for action stations today. I know the jobs will still be there tomorrow, but I like to feel I have accomplished something! Enjoy the easter bunny tomorrow all. xx

Wow, thanks so much for all the support guys! It helps so much having people go through the same things to give advice. Will take into account everything you awesome people have shared.
    Hoping to lose 6-8 kilos, have lost lots of weigh in the past (18 kilos) and have kept it off, but been stuck in my last flabby stage for about 3-4 years now. Feeling good about 5:2. If i can just resist those damn delicious hot cross buns!!
    Hope everyone enjoys a yummy happy and safe weekend 😀

Hi everyone hope we’re all enjoying some relaxing and wind-down time. Enjoyed brekky out this morning a lite version of eggs benedict, then went for a walk along the track overlooking the beach. Tourists everywhere but better than in town. It’s pure madness and people just cross the road everywhere & don’t look. So we’re now home safe in our little cul-de-sac street where it’s peaceful & quiet – no through traffic!
    After brekky going to enjoy one hot X bun for lunch & leave it at that…not really hungry. And cooking a new recipe for dinner of smoked cod fritters from a Healthy Food Guide magazine. Has plenty of vegies in.
    Shelf stick around & we trust you’ll lose those last 6-8 kilos. I’ve got about 5 to go but also feeling good about 5:2. Been on a plateau for a while but haven’t gained either so happy with that for now, till my body readjusts. Wow Genie not long till your trip to Japan! Never mind if you don’t reach your gaol…the cm loss is just as important, and as you say you can just pick up again when you return. the beauty of 5:2 truly 🙂
    CG glad to hear that you’re enjoying a bit of down-time before you launch yourself back into all those activities!
    Jade & Fit your plans sound very VERY exciting. You would have to promise to skype EACH of us at some stage or other so we can SEE you both!! Who would have thought it that a bunch of online friends would turn into reunions & holiday catch-ups & the like!! And maybe friends travelling from one side of the world to the other to have a get-together!! INCREDIBLE!!!
    Oh GG I can’t even imagine your face when/if the REAL Fit comes to the next WTF!! You would be bursting with excitement & enthusiasm. 🙂
    Gyps thank you for the reading. And I’d have to say that you have read me exactly to a tee! But I’ve picked that up before from several of your posts on different people & from the wise advice you give. It was such a pleasure to meet you at last in person!!
    UT was soo lovely to meet you in Sydney even if the times were short. Yes I too have read a similar article re wine but I have already cut down a lot anyway. But like you certainly no going teetotal any time soon!
    PH WOOHOO to your weigh-in…almost nothing my dear! WELL DONE!! You deserve to be stoked with your progress so far! PH you certainly had a catch-up day this morning. Your energy will be back very soon I expect.
    Genie rainy over here on the west coast too. Went for a walk but thankfully managed to avoid all but a few drips.

Well that’s about it from me. My new book is calling as the garden is too wet to work in today. A nice quiet afternoon & by tonight it could be snuggling up too – getting a bit cool. Have a lovely Easter all whatever you plan to do & enjoy some treats but don’t forget your portion control or the size of your treats. It all helps the 5:2 WOL. suejen XXXX

Hi, folks, another Aussie (south west of WA). I’ve posted a couple of posts already on the forum, but only joined about a week or so ago. I’m not new to the 5:2, but am back into it again in the last couple of weeks, and this time looking to give (and receive) a bit more support, to make it easier and more enjoyable 🙂 I’ve lost 2 kilos so far, and aim for about another 6, I think, or until I fit into a lovely pair of Levis I bought years ago that almost fit once, but not quite, and now certainly not….

Hope everyone is having a great Easter.

Hi vego, and welcome. You have certainly come to the right place for support and ongoing chat about your day ☺️ and constant encouragement …..It’s great you have come back to this wonderful way of life and eating, we have all proven it works. I personally have dropped 28-30k depending what week I weigh on, but rarely go over. It does get easier and the less complacent we become the better results we see. One of our team, suejen is from the west too, so maybe the two of you could meet up oneday. She is lovely, and wont disappoint.😃 Stick with us, ask all the questions you want, we share what works for each of us, because it IS an individual success and what works for one doesn’t always work for others. Again, welcome aboard to our team 😉💕xx

Thank you so much, Countrygal, for your warm welcome. It’s absolutely what I was in need of today, so I so appreciate it 🙂 I’ll definitely keep an eye out for Suejen, and thanks for mentioning her.

Wow, your loss is impressive. How happy you must be about that, and how life changing for you. When I have a chance (too busy now as at home working) I’ll read earlier posts and read more about your journey, perhaps. But that’s truly motivating. Where do you live, by the way?

Hi all! Just a very quick shout out to all you fab ladies before I get stuck into the last minute prep for my OH’s 60th birthday bash. Thanks for all the good wishes at the prospect of my joining you for the next reunion. I’m already so excited! My weigh in puts me at .1 above last week so I’ve managed to undo the excesses of the nfds. Have to keep up the good work now! Love to all. Have a brilliant Easter weekend! 😃❤️💞💕👍😋🌷

😀Hi vego, I’m in South Gippsland Victoria. It’s been a terrific loss, but too quick I think, I have so much excess skin now, but looking into that in the future, so watch this post😉 But over all feeling wonderful, the biggest difference is meal size, my appitite isn’t what it usd to be, if anything, I’m going back to the way I was pre menopause……but never want to be skinny again, just in proportion. I had to do something because of chronic back pain and loosing weight was the key to my improvement, plus back surgery last year. It’s still a slow progress, and I’m still working on improvement as in phisyo and water aerobics as well as strength training, but I’m hanging in there. I’m on a small property with a couple of cows and a huge garden, and I want to be healthy enough to enjoy it. You find the more you lose, the greedier you get in wanting to lose more, it’s addicitive ☺️ but I was fortunate as it just fell off me. I plateaued most of last year, but had two surgeries but even then I didn’t gain. So stay with it, you will get to know our fabulous team of women, each with their own stories, and all incredibly supportive 😃💞xxxxxx

Best of luck with the party Fit, and it’s time to enjoy, you have worked so hard, so abandon all thoughts of 5:2 tonight and just kick up them heels 😀💕xxxxx

Hi Vego suejen here & welcome to the forum. I’m from Margaret River – what about you? I’ve lost 12 kilos & have another 5 to go but have plateaued for a while so no loss for a while. But no gain either which is great. There’s only me from WA so good to have you around. Stick with us & enjoy the journey. suejen XXXX
    Fit wishing you a wonderful night for your OH’s 60th birthday bash. Hope it’s just fabulous!!

Hi, Countrygal, that was a huge impetus to lose the weight, with your back problems, and so fantastic you’ve managed to, especially with that back issue. I was thinking that’s a lot you’d lost and wondering about the skin, because I know that’s always a problem when there’s quite a lot lost. I really hope you manage to find a good surgeon and be able to be financially in a position to get rid of it to complete your svelte look.

Ah, yes, Gippsland. There’s some nice areas down there, and your property sounds amazing. I used to live in the Dandenongs in Victoria, and only moved back to WA because my daughter gave birth and I wanted to know my grandson and be near my daughter to help her (and enjoy being near her again also, of course). My mum is already here with her husband, and my sister moved over to WA too because of the baby, so after many years all the family are close by again (relatively speaking anyway, now I’ve moved down south). I still pop up to Perth regularly to see them.

I expect your property keeps you physically busy too which helps with keeping what you’ve lost off, and hopefully your back will keep improving, with continuing with your physio and everything, so that it makes looking after your property a bit easier.

I can well understand what you mean about the getting addicted to losing weight bit – it’s a lovely feeling when things start to fit again and you feel a bit more back in control of your life. Mind you, I wouldn’t want to get too addicted to losing weight, having fallen foul of an anorexic stage in my teenage years. Of course that was many years ago and I never feel there’s any chance I’d go back there again, but still, I’d definitely keep an eye on myself (if that were physically possible, hehe) if I felt I was getting a bit too addicted. In fact when I first started 5:2 about a year ago (I’ve gone in phases where I’ll do it, have good results, then go on holiday or get slack and put it back on again, reach the magic 5 kilos over mark and go on it again) that’s something I was watching for, that I had no similar feelings to when in that anorexic stage. I don’t feel the same way at all, so that’s all good!

Hi, Suejen, lovely to meet you 🙂 I’m in Donnybrook, so only an hour away from the lovely MR area. I look forward to getting to know you better and I’m glad I’m here to swell the WA ranks!! All the best, I hope your weekend is going well.

Hi sj, I didn’t realise or forgot you had lost so much, thats a wonderful loss, we get so used to watching our own scales but forget everyone elses successes ☺️
    Oh vego, I wouldn’t wish an eating problem on anyone, and fortunately I love food too much to ever get there😀 I’m glad it’s a problem you are well over. Your right about getting slack when we see a good loss too, that’s a big reason we are here for each other, to keep reminding ourselves that this is a life style journey, not a quick fix or a short term diet. Yes I’m looking into things in a few weeks regarding the excess skin. Funny, I wasn’t going to say much about it until I had all the answers, (although have taken a few in confidence) but as women, we know, things just come up in conversation 😏 xxxxxx

Well. It’s not raining. How good is that?

I could use an iceburg, but never mind, perhaps a landslide will prevent the meter reader from accessing my aircon consumption…. anyway, it’s still hot up North. Which means I have melting chocolates to deal with. Oh well….. the plot thickens. Now the wretched Leprechaun has won a wine basket. Oh, dear, the luck of the Irish? (which he really isn’t, you know, just his father was, so thank God, or the basket might be bigger!) But of course I’m obligated to drink it!

Pray for me, sisters. You know I’m in dire straights! Be buggered if my good werks hasn’t backfired on me. My pub orphans so enjoyed their roast dinner they went out and caught me all these yummy mud crabs…..Erk! and then I found preserved bottles of …. drool….Mango in syrup on my doorstep, from an anonymous, ‘grateful patient’ I don’t even recall! Feck! I tell ya, life in the country is hard on the diet!

Ooo! I love you lot for listening to my trials and tribulations! The wretched Gawdmuther has abandoned me to all this temptation and gone fishing! I’ll probably have to eat her Barramundi catch, too, or risk offending. Yep, it’s a hard life up North. Be diligent about fasting BEFORE you hit the joint. It won’t happen on ya holiday!

Fit, hope your party is a blast!

Jade, start your coin bottle!

CG, keep an eye on me. I’m gaining!

GG, I miss your energy.

SJ, Bless your generosity, It is so nice for an old witch to be validated as just caring about WTF happens to humanity.

UP, sorry if you don’t think you look wonderful in that snapshot, but you do to us. It was all I had and you belong with our memories. I hate my double chins, but it’s really all only camera angles. Our hearts see so much more!You are twenty kilos better off than me. Do you love me any less? You are such a pretty girl. Be proud.

PH, You may not need that walker by this time next year, but don’t forget to bring the dilly bag. Logistically, you are the board of control. I’m a hopeless organizer, so you better come early. (I grin every time I recall you handing out passes to each of us to get through the bloody concrete jungle of that twelve storey nightmare!)
    We will discuss my management failings closer to the time….I freely admit I was a good nurse, but everyone would have died if I didn’t have a decent admin officer. Stay sharp!

New people, do not be led astray by my temporary lack of discipline. It happens to all of us. But the horse hasn’t bolted into the blue, it is there, patiently waiting. Just mount up and continue. 5:2 will fix it. Blessed be. xx gyps

🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰HAPPY EASTER TO ALL THE AWESOME AUSSIE DETERMINATION TEAM🐰🐰🐰HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY CELEBRATING ALL THE GOOD THINGS THAT WE HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH.
    🐣🐣🐾🐾LOTS OF LOVE YOUR BUNNY 👯……GO GALXXXXXXX

Hey little bunny! GG, that is – someone’s excited for Easter, will there be an egg hunt at your place? You’d put on the best hunt of all time, I’m thinking – and I mean the fun kind, not the HB kind 😋 (Ok all, I know the HB egg is our friend, but “fun” – no.) Speaking of fun, Up I too saw that wine article, but as OH said it’s not as though they said wine was BAD…. and thank goodness coffee is still a magic elixir o’ some sort. Heaven knows I can’t just be drinking water all day.

Gyps you wordslinger you…”our hearts see so much more” ♥️♥️♥️ Perspective from another’s point of view is hard sometimes. I couldn’t care a fig less what any of you weigh when I’m laughing at your exploits or commiserating through tough times. Or especially looking at those joyful WTF photos. But of course will chastise myself for eating a damn cookie. Biscuit in your world – hey what are these hot cross buns anyway. I only know of them from the nursery rhyme. Maybe I need to make their acquaintance 🤔😍

Genie, how exciting that your traveling adventure is so close! Your 5:2 efforts have paid off in feeling healthier and fitting into clothes (such a great feeling), so you already have all the wonderful benefits to take with you. And you might leave a kilo in Japan, who knows?? Fantastic!

CG your ranks are growing – several new chicks for our mother hen, and for Sue’s part of the world. So welcome to you Vego – are you a vegetarian? Sue, are you planning an Easter keyboard performance? Wish I could hear it 🎧 CG thank you for the news about your foot, I’ll stop picturing little Danny as a stone killer now 🐮♥️

PH forgot to shout congrats for your incredible maintenance over the past month. Well done! Girl, you are a natural now, so bask in the wonder of that subconscious control 🔆💪💜It doesn’t happen that often for me, but it is fun!

Fit no doubt the birthday party is almost underway – cheers to OH, little spring chicken that he is just turning 60 🐣🐣 !! Have a fabulous time and enjoy the party and all the love 🎂♥️🎉

I’m going to go drink more coffee now, was planning to garden but it looks like rain. I wouldn’t make a very good pioneer, thinking outdoor work can be done only in nice weather 🎫 All work and no play and all that though – we’ll see if I can relax…doubt it 😏 Happy weekend to you all! 😍 –jade xx

Have a wonderful birthday MR FIT!
    JADE THE CHILDREN HAD THEIR HUNT FOR EGGS YESTERDAY. AS we older bunnies watched on . They had eggs coming out of everywhere , no doubt there are several still hidden on my SIL property.THE HUNT WILL CONTINUE TODAY🐇🐰🐓
    Jade email me your mobile number if thats ok….pls send the country and area code . I HAD DIFFICULTY CONTACTING FIT BUT IT WAS WORTH IT UNTIL WE FINALLY SPOKE TO EACH OTHER.
    OH and I are going fishing on our lake today
    The morning is cool and overcast ,so we will only ho out for awhile.If there are dolphins around it will be a magic day

HI THERE VEGIE….WELCOME TO THE THREAD. Well done on returning back to 5:2 . Wi5h our support and encouragement you will be your goal weight soon . JAPAN …IT WILL BE CHERRY BLOSSOM TIME
    not long now.
    THE CAPTAIN IS CALLING…..SO THE 1ST MATE NEEDS TO GO….GO GAL XXXXXXX

Happy Easter team 😃 Fit your party is probably still in full swing and I hope you and o/h have a ball ☺️💞
    Very cold and wet here in country Vic, easter eggs wont be melting today 😉
    Hope your day is made for you GG seeing some dolphins, how lovely😄
    I wish you all a day of peace and family time team another time for precious memories xxxx

Sending Easter cuddles your way CG……WE SAW 2 DOLPHINS ……So the day is now set to be MAGIC.!
    PARTY HARD FIT…..🎉🎈🎂🎁💿🍸🍷🍹🌃……GO GALXXXXXXX

GG Happy Easter dear friend 😃💕xx

Hi all a Happy Easter to everyone. Posting now so it wont be my usual very late Sunday afternoon post.
    GG wonderful about your dolphins. Funny we went for that coast walk yesterday & passed 2 young girls who were saying There’s dolphins out there. See! Look…just there. There they are again! But despite staying in that spot for a while we didn’t see a thing!!! There was a surfer out there but who knows??!!
    Fit hope you’re enjoying a wonderful party as only the Irish can do!!
    Darn my mobile is playing tricks on me again so will have to post now. As soon as I try to see other posts it zooms me back to the top of the page…maddening.
    So have a lovely day all and treasure those you hold dear and what’s important in your life. Make it special for you!!! Suejen xxxx

What lovely ladies you all are! PH I forgot to congratulate you on your loss.

I have been thinking! My weight loss went well for a year and then I became complacent because I felt great! And that was where the problem started. Now with a few months of hardly any fasting I have put on maybe 4 kilos all around the middle. It makes me cross with myself but am seeming to be having difficulty getting my act together despite knowing that if I don’t, I will only gain more. So after making various statements about my future commitments and seemingly not really following through, I HAVE to stop kidding myself and get with the program. Thank goodness you are all here to remind me that it can be done!

It starts tomorrow! I request no understanding sympathetic responses if I make excuses.Unless something really bad happens! Kicks up the backside are what is needed I think. Fortunately, no one has legs long enough no matter how slim they may be! 😉

Hi all, slept in till 10.30 again this morning. Hope it does not become a habit. Aquarobics In The hydro pool at 8am Tuesday morning will soon fix that so I’ll enjoy it while I can. Loving my lazy life after all the rush.

GYPS. Would be delighted to be your Exec Assistant ..( board of control sounds a bit stuffy and we don’t want that) for the Northern Reunion, and can come earlier if needed but with the Internet and email could help you from here too, and of course the old fashioned phone. ☎️📱💻. Happy to help…I can be your Lotus!! I’m sure between you and the Gawdmother there will be lots of great ideas. Maybe we should start by suggesting some dates so everyone can keep them free? Never too early…just a thought.. I’ll email you.

GG. Sounds like a wonderful Easter you are having. 🐰🐰🐰 Really miss the Easter egg hunts we used to have when the kids were little. Enjoy your day my dear.

Vego. Welcome to the thread. What an achievement conquering anorexia..well done . Lovely that your family are now all close again. My daughter just moved back to the east coast from WA at Christmas time and it is lovely to have her near. I am at NanaGlen, close to Coffs Harbour. My sons and only grandchildren are in Canada and Tasmania respectively so don’t get to cuddle them much. However makes for lovely holidays. As you are an old hand at 5.2 you may be able to give us a few tips. To give you some background I have been with the thread since Sept last year and have lost approx 11k since then ,having previously lost 13k before I joined. Still 10k to lose so a ways to go yet but confident I can do it with the help of these wonderful people.

Fit imagine you are still in Party Mode, not sure of the time, bit enjoy my friend.💐🎈🎈🍹🍾🍾🍫

Jade . If there comes a time when we need to drink water we can always add a nice slug of scotch whiskey to it to make it more palliatable.😋😋😋.
    SueJen imagine you are busy with the music🎼🎹🎼🎹 Enjoy your day.

Annie. I hope you are feeling better. Hopefully the Easter season at your church will help you get back to your normal self. Sending you hugs💕💕

Well that’s all folks!! Have a great Easter Sunday. 😇😇😍😍🐰🐰🤗🤗

SJ crossed posts. What a beautiful wish you sent us all. 💕💕💕

UP. We will be here to support you. Know the feeling about straying off the straight and narrow. You will be able to get back on track with your Aussie Determination and yes we are all here for you. Your pics look great by the way. We are always self critical. We all need to get back on track now so let’s get started together….. 😇😇😇🤗🤗💙❤️💛

UPTIGHT…..YOU ARE OUTASIGHT, TAKE HEED TO THE WISE WORDS OF PH.
    You look beautiful …..I too feel the same about pics. AS WE ALL DO …THE CAMERA ANGLES CHANGE THE WAY WE ARE.It is what you have in your heart that dictates your beauty.AND IT DOES SHOW INSIDE AND OUT…..SO Ease up on yourself my friend.
    SJ …..THANK YOU FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL WORDS …..SENDING THEM BACK TO YOU.
    PH….that is a great idea to have dates in place now/ soon so that we have are finances working with us.
    Annie….check in so we know you are better…. your mothers need to know you are ok!
    Well the lake gave the captin 2 small fish……. is there a story in that.? 1 fish for each hour we were out.saw many dolphins so there are fish there …just not on our hooks.
    Enjoy your day …..watch those chocky temptations. …..GO GALXXXXX

🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇. HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇
    I have spent most of the day in the garden. Mostly dead heading roses and getting rid of the things that have finished their flowering. OH cooked a yummy omelette for lunch and later in the day I headed downstairs to have a look at the clothes I might take on holiday. I’ve sorted through things and have a good idea of what’s going.
    I have done the bird round, meat for kookaburras, seed for the parrots and cockies and apple for the currawongs and satin bower bird.
    Flopped down in my lounge chair now. Deciding what to watch on TV. I think OH is doing sausages for dinner tonight.
    VEGO – welcome. I am in Warburton in the Yarra Valley so not far from the Dandenongs. We moved here from Brisbane in Feb last year.

Hi everyone, hope you all had a happy day. Cg, glad you finally got some rain!
    GG can see you revving those kids on to find their eggs!

SJ, Ta for your shared blessings with us, I know your music makes life more beautiful wherever you are.

Fit is it party time over there? or have I missed the whole thing? Best wishes to your OH. Hope we get to meet him next year!

Vego, Welcome back to the life. You will succeed with an attitude like yours, You’re a survivor. Great you are so close to Suejen. You couldn’t do better for a backstop.

and Jade, I love that you are planning to go to Ireland and meet Fit in person. I meant to tell you there’s no chance I will go to the States. I have never left Aussie soil and don’t even have a passport. It’s Queensland or bust, girl!

Genie, your lifestyle sounds wonderful, I too like my birdlife. Oh has planted the native grevilleas and bottle brush for them, but we hardly need extra with the scrub so close. It’s a cacophony of sound every morning and the night owls and curlews own the night. My Easter was quiet, but good, several visitors and lots of yummy food and drink, not to mention chocolate! But I will be happy to settle back into fasting routine next week, tho tomorrow may be a foul up with more visitors due. Now is the time, girls, THE MOON IS ON THE WANE FOR THE NEXT FORTNIGHT!
    Make the most of it. You will lose easier and especially that extra fluid. Kick start yourself with some exercise and really make an effort to keep portions under control on nfd’s. It will pay off. Luck.

PH, Great stuff! Executive Assist, huh? well that elevates my stats somewhat. You’re on!I will check the moon calendar for optimal moonlight and maybe fishing tides for those interested, (hubbies?) Gawd’s OH will no doubt get involved. They have a tinny and a speed boat and are talking about something bigger. Anyway, Gawd and I will be making forays North to check out the logistics of either splitting the time between venues or making day trips from one spot. It’s a long way to come for a short stay, so costing and group deals need to be looked into. length of stay may vary for individuals, Plus individual preferences. Cairns city is alive with night markets and boardwalk eateries, and it is right on the water, worth exploring. Easy access to everything and no shortage of places to stay if any want to branch out. Palm cove is only a 30 minute drive from the city and Port Douglas is about 70 k’s. Do your Googling and make note of areas of interest, the Kuranda scenic rail is popular. up to the Barron falls and Kuranda is a mountain market village. one can go up on the old steam train and down on the sky rail over the rainforest, with stops in the middle and boardwalks way up in the trees to magnificent views. And there are boat tours to Green Island and reef viewing. It’s all very cosmopolitan, casual and colourful and the weather is beautiful in September. Probably either side of the school holidays so bookings are easier. We will have to find out what the fellers would enjoy so it is fun for all. I will get back to you on best dates, if all agree on September.

Happy Easter to all and best wishes to you all out there. Nite, Gyps

Hi all you fab people! How lovely to check in here and to see the love, kindness, care and beautiful words and wishes being sent across airwaves. You are truly the sweetest ladies and I thank my lucky stars every day that I joined this thread. 💞💕❤️😍😘
    We had the most wonderful party which started at 9pm and ended at 5am this morning! I was up again at 9am to dash into the village to get fresh bread for breakfast for all those who stayed over. Then off to sing at Mass! Back home now, guests have left and I’m tucking into my Easter egg!
    Sorry for not welcoming you sooner, Vego, but I was running around chasing my tail for the last day or so. Well done on getting back on the horse, you are already succeeding again and are well on the way to your goal. This is a way of life, as you know, so hop on board and we’ll all travel the road together to health and better shape! 👍💪
    Gyps, I sympathise with you about all the temptations…..birthday cake (three kinds), wine, champagne, peach schnapps, crisps, choccies, Easter egg! OMG…..it’s going to be a long road to recovery but worth every morsel and isn’t it wonderful to be able to savour and enjoy it all?
    GG, sounds like you’ve been having a ball, my OH is very jealous of your corner of paradise. Thank you and everyone for the kind wishes for his birthday, he is feeling very special with all these international good wishes flying in from all corners of the world!
    Jade, hope you managed to get some time to yourself and to relax this weekend 💕🌻
    SJ, thank you for the lovely message, I hope you enjoyed your beautiful part of the world too 🏖
    UP, again I think we could be twins, everything you wrote sounds just like I feel so we’ll soldier on here together…..you kick my butt and I’ll kick yours! 🤐
    PH, isn’t it amazing to look back at how far you have come and how well you have done….brilliant inspiration and example to everyone! I can see you leading the conga on the beach next year with no walker! 💃💃💃💃
    Genie, what lovely description of your patch of heaven too, isn’t it a beautiful world and how important to get out and enjoy all the wonders around us 😃💕
    CG, I hope all is well in your world too and with your four legged companions! Snuggle up warm and tight and have a few hot whiskeys to keep out the cold! 😋👍💞❤️

Happy Easter from the US 🐰😘!! Omg Fit the party went till 5 a.m.!? Now there’s a celebration to celebrate 🎂🎉🎂🎉💪 Were there conga lines on the lawn and people swinging from chandeliers? What a fab way to usher in OH’s next decade, hope you’re both resting up finally after the whirlwind 🌪⚡️😉 And I so agree with all your comments above, what a lovely group here, all committed to good health while enjoying life, their beautiful locales, fun times, all the big and little victories…I never realized that getting older would bring such contentment but I am glad to be old enough to feel it finally.

Just the smallest of Easter celebrations here – one small chocolate-strawberry egg for me and a packet of savory noshy things for OH who doesn’t care for sweets and is off chocolate anyway. Just 120 cals in the egg, nice job EB ♥️ 🐰 – then tonight a dinner w/2 daughters and family, no one wants (or planned) to cook so it’s Chinese take-out to the rescue🍤🍖🍜 Even the picky grandkids can have their choice, so everyone is happy.
    I did do some gardening yesterday after all, once the sun poked its way thru the clouds. I now have blisters on each palm but those pesky weeds have been beaten back once again. Still too early to plant veggies and herbs but somehow the weeds have roots of steel 💪

I am typing this with a cat’s head resting on my hand, he apparently is in need of attention lol 🐱 so I shall tend to the menagerie now, lest they revolt and try to steal my Easter egg 😏 Happy day all – happy Monday to you lovely Aussies! –jade xx

Hi Jade! Happy Easter to you and all the family.🐣🐇😀 Sounds like a very good plan to have take out so everyone can enjoy themselves and be stress free. I’m in awe of your restraint on the Easter egg front, I dare not contemplate counting the calories I’ve eaten in the last 24hours!😱 However, it’s a once-off celebration and I’m not going to spoil it all by bleating on about it. I’ll be back on the horse tomorrow and holding on tight, no matter how much it bucks!💪 Lots of events on here to celebrate 100 years since the Rising, so it’s been an historical (hysterical?!) weekend all round! The only surviving offspring of a key 1916 figure is 102 years old and went to school with my dad. He was awarded the freedom of the city of Dublin….a tad late I think! 😳 No congas on the lawn due to bad weather but lots of craic, whiskey sampling, singing, stories and laughter……what more can you ask for?😃😋😉😍 OH is a very happy camper indeed. Our two girls were just wonderful, charming hostesses and did us proud. 👩‍❤️‍👩💞❤️💕

Yes, they were just a few years late on the freedom, weren’t they, but…better late than never I guess! Wow, 102 years old, remarkable!! Fantastic that he lived to see the anniversary.
    I haven’t been very restrained lately what with your countrymen here – quite a bit of craic going on!! 🎉🍻🍸👯 I may need to read the whole 5:2 book again to get myself back in good form. But congrats again on such a successful party, especially after all your Herculean efforts. And your daughters were hostesses, how lovely 👩‍❤️‍👩 oh and I hate to ask what kind of cake(s) you ended up with but since I have no cake around I can simply fantasize – no calories there 😉 Probably just as well it was raining, so the revelry didn’t get out of hand and out into the streets!
    The sun has actually come out here, so two pairs of brown eyes 🐶🐶 are suggesting we get outdoors for some fresh air. They see me eying that chocolate egg! Off we go then 🐾🐾💕xx

Oh Jade, the cakes were just incredible. Two were made by the lady who owns and bakes for my local coffee shop…..one was courgette and lemon curd (sounds daft but really moist and delicious), the other was chocolate sponge with chocolate butter icing and filling, with black cherries and kir in the middle. My sister also made her signature and stunning pavlova……yum, yum ,yum! 😋😋😋

🎂🎂🎂!!!!
    That sounds just wildly scrumptious. Send some over 😍😍 – I’m feeling a bit daft today (and what’s not to like about courgette and lemon curd, would never have come up with that myself but I’d sure like to try it😋). they sound tres gourmet! I’m afraid I drowned in the pavlova I tried to make, but it was a tasty little mess.

And now, because I can’t show up anywhere empty-handed, I’ve made vanilla cupcakes w/ buttercream frosting FROM SCRATCH, along with chocolate chip cookies also from scratch, and of course just had to taste the batter of each and I’m pretty sure they’re delicious. But one can’t be too careful you know, so I’ll have to taste the finished product later👍 to make sure. Ha! I’ll have to mind my p’s and q’s for tomorrow, surely it won’t take too much 5:2ing to undo. 💪 xxxxx

Gosh you’d never know this was a healthy-weight website based on my postings. 😔 But I guess the fun part is why we’re still here….😉

Viewing 50 posts - 12,551 through 12,600 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.