Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,501 through 12,550 (of 14,786 total)

• CG, you must have needed the rest and sleep and I’m delighted that you had such a great lie in. I’m sure the home care girl wasn’t in the least bit put out. Have a lovely day.
    Genie, I’ve been doing lots of cleaning today too but not expecting to have burned many calories since I kept having little breaks with cuppas and biscuits!
    Just back from my dance class which was great fun, but my feet are sore because I need new shoes and haven’t had time to go and get them…..ouch! ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Morning all MIA yesterday as spent all morning in the garden and loved it! After a visit to the osteo after all my travels I was so happy to manage it for so long. I was down to 10 mins before I changed to the osteo. Still had to stand and stretch about every 15 mins but that was enough to keep me going & no after effects today. So will be back out there today. I also return to Pilates after a few week’s break but have been told to only do as much of each move as I can manage.
    CG you obviously did some catch-up last night – well done. I had a nana nap yesterday & don’t do that very often but really needed it, so I think a few of us are feeling the after effects of a FABULOUS TIME!!! Coffee in your jamies sounds delightful and especially with all your paddocks around you. You’re back in your element girl!
    Fit sounds like it’s time to go and do that shopping. Ooh you’re heading back to that house in France….how wonderful Fit ENJOY XX
    Genie you appear to be doing a really good job of balancing out good days & the not so good & sharing treats is an excellent habit too. Fraid my OH doesn’t share his cake – he’s a cake lover from way back….sometimes I have a bite & that’s it.
    GG hope your tooth has now settled down so you can enjoy some Easter chocy. Thank you for the fabulous replacement fascinator you’ve made for me GG. I will treasure it!!

Well time to get the day started. I’m enjoying the birds outside squabbling over the seed we put out every day. We have a big flock of young galahs coming in lately & they can be quite comical in their antics. Watching the mums regurgitate the food for them is fascinating to watch too! Glad I’m not a bird mum!!! suejen XXXX

PS Yes FD here for me as for many others before Easter hits us. Haven’t bought any eggs into the house yet. Will see how we go with that one…..maybe just a very small one, but NOT a packet of small ones cos we all know what I do with those things!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Still a bit of weight to come off after the WTF but coming down nicely with 5:2.

Hi all,
    I’m from the Sunshine Coast QLD. I started the 5:2 fasting diet in 2014 and didn’t stick with it eventhough I had some success. I am now back on it, as of 15th Feb.I have lost about 4kg. Today is a fast day and I am STARVING and tired. I feel I could devour anything in sight. After writing this I will go for a walk to distract myself and maybe get some energy. I enjoy fluids on fast day because if I eat I can’t stop(bit scary really) Look forward to encouraging and supporting you when I can.

WELCOME SKIN…..DO NOT GIVE IN…. DRINK SOME GREEN TEA OR HAVE YOUR CARROT AND CELERY SICKS WITH THE HARD BOILED EGG . THAT WILL STOP THE HUNGER PANGS.
    Not fasting today will do so tomorrow. Went out shopping to buy food supplies and just needed my soy flat white closely followed by a chicken and advoc sandwich… needed to do some chewing on my new filling! Its an excuse ….but….a good one.

This morning I put the finishing touches to SJ’S facinator….. better than the one that is beautify the bottom of SYDNEY HARBOUR. So will post it next week so that its not sitting around over EASTER.

The planning now begins for my 60th birthday, a friend who is a decorator will turn our ourside entertaining area into something fabulous ….I am not allowed to know or do a thing ….I HAVE BEEN TOLD IN CERTAIN TERMS. You know that will be difficult for me……inner voices are saying “chillout GG , let others work their magic!”My neighbour also turning 60 days before me…so we are having a combined party with 20 close friends..?.OH has organised caters will I was on WTF….MAGIC HAPPENS WHEN I’M AWAY.
    Have a great day those that are fasting.Enjoy your treats those that are not…….all the best with lots of love being sent your way……GO GALXXXXXXX

Hi all.
    Feel like I am getting back to the routine. Went to the hydro pool this morning and did a fast day yesterday. Planning on doing a fast day again tomorrow. Good Friday…why not? And then weigh myself on Saturday morning to see what damage I have done during the last month. Still very tired. ๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’คI think all of us are still coming down after all the excitement. I managed to get some of my unpacking done yesterday. Cleaned out my drawers and cupboards and decided what to throw out to make make space for my new purchases. Have a rule that when I buy something new have to throw something out. Went to town on my jewellery draw and planning to add it to OH,s treasure for his market day stall. So anyway should get that all finished this afternoon and then to the washing. Planning on a very quiet Easte
    Can’t keep my eyes open now I have laid down. Will have a nana nap and get back to you later..๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

GG what an exciting time for you, knowing you you’ll hate being left out of the organising, but sit back and let others do for you, just this once ๐Ÿ˜ƒ And enjoy being pampered by letting others show they care xxx
    Suejen, the galah’s sound delightful, I bet they are noisy, and how lovely being back in your garden, we really are all home bodies, we have our routines and comfort zones our little paradises we call home. It’s wonderful to go away, but there IS no place like home๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•
    Fit, I hope you are still taking care of your back whilst dancing, we know how much joy you get out of it, so shout yourself the new shoes, it’s one of the great pleasures you actually do for yourself.
    Skinny, hi, and welcome โ˜บ๏ธ We will support you and give experienced advise to keep you going on this wonderful journey. You will find in time, you will get to know us all, and we often deviate from the subject but never forget what bought us together. We do have a laugh and no subject is off limits with us, so welcome to the team ๐Ÿ˜€ And stay with us and 5:2 it IS so very doable. Sure, we get complacent at times, then get cross at ourselves, because we KNOW it works when we stick with it. No food (or drink) is off limit, just watching your portion control is the key ๐Ÿ˜‰ Exercise, walking, anything is great for toning, and staying busy….doing anything to take your mind off food, will help achieve your goals, but fasting and food choices is what makes it work.
    I have a pot of soup on the go now, smells lovely, so fasting today is easy for lunch, fish for dinner, one k gone since being back, but still a bit to go! A lazy day ahead now, maybe get a few drawers tidied in front of the telly, my vanity unit drawers are a jumble so needs some sorting! Unsure if it’s the reunion or the weather, or just bloody age, the mind is willing, just the follow through is giving me grief. But how lovely to go at my own pace ๐Ÿ˜‰ Glorious day here, still no rain, a cool Easter is forecast but that’s guess work. They say rain then say 1-2 ml, that doesn’t even settle the dust! If fasting, let your AUSSIE DETERMINATION kick in, listen to your body, you know you are not hungry, just fixating on food, have a cuppa, a vegamite drink, something with flavour, some cherry tomatoes ๐Ÿ’ž it’s only one day, and we all know how quickly they fly by, and the pride you feel when another fast has past and you succeeded๐Ÿ˜ƒ Grit the teeth , put your cap on team and tap on it each time you think foooood! YOU CAN DO IT, it IS for you, so….BRING IT ON โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’•Xxxxxx

Doggy, WHERE ARE YOU…?????

PH, I know where you’re coming from, the tiredness is just hanging on isn’t it? We’ll get there, hopefull once the cooler days/nights come they will help….hang in there, and if the body says rest, then do it ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜€xxxxxu

Yes must admit the tiredness is still hanging on. Just back from Pilates & I COULD go lie down but I won’t! But maybe by this afternoon I will. OH cannot understand me….would NEVER EVER sleep in the daytime. He makes me tired just watching what he gets done in a day & he’s still up at 11.20 – 12! I was careful as the osteo advised & only did what I was comfortable with but I’m back to the normal over 60’s class anyway. Only 3 of us so plenty of supervision.
    PH hope you’ve made a place for those comfy new slippers & that dress?! Dress should be lovely and cool for you.
    My first FD was not a total success but hoping that I’ll be back in the swing of things with this one! I think it takes the body or should I say the mind? a bit of time to adjust back into 5:2. More a mind game really I think. We’ve done it before must be hundreds of times by now so let’s swing back into it with gusto and enjoy the ride and the results (we surely need them – well some of us anyway!).
    Have a lovely day all. Skin going for a walk is a great idea or anything to keep you busy. Drink….drink…drink….often you’re not actually hungry but thirsty. Miso soup is great – recipe on our aussie determination recipe thread. Or La Zuppa soups (fresh packs with 2 in a packet 26 cals or so). Or the good old Vegemite trick always rescues me – seems to fill me up more, just a tsp in a glass of hot water. suejen XXXX

Nana nap did the trick!
    SJ sounds like you are enjoying your gardening, ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒฟ๐Ÿƒand your lovely birds.๐Ÿ•Š๐Ÿ•Š. Sounds like you are back into the swing of things. Glad I am not the only one still feeling tired. I think I could sleep for A week, a quiet Easter should take care of that though. Nothing much planned so that is good and yes I certainly made space for the slippers and dress. Bought a few scarfs and costume jewellery whilst away hence the big jewellery clean out, long overdue. Found my first FD yesterday a bit harder than normal, but still managed it, so hoping tomorrow is easier. Know about the Easter eggs, I have not got any in the house but have ordered a Jamacan Gold dark chocolate instead. My fav๐Ÿซ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿซ

GG. Good luck to OH keeping you out of arrangements for your birthday bash.๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ.๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰Try to contain yourself, although it will be extremely hard for you. He will enjoy every minute spooling you lovely lady.๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’• hope your tooth is better…Hugs..

GG , fancy you sleeping in that late. You must really have needed it. You sure seem to be back in your comfort zone and loving it. ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿถ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿƒ๐ŸŒพ๐ŸŒฟ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ.

Gyps and Gawd. Hope you are both OK and getting on top of all things wet. Thinking of you. I was just reading through the lovely package you presented us with, welcome letter, poem, certificate of achievement. You must have put so much work into that and it is something I will treasure…forgot about it till I got to the bottom of my case where it was safely stored. ๐Ÿ“ƒ๐Ÿ“‘๐Ÿ“’๐Ÿ“’๐Ÿ“–โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’ž.

Hi to everyone else๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚ daughter just pulled up, coming for dinner. Love to all ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Hi all, family birthday breakfast out followed by a book club lunch. Definitely not a fast day!

At least I don’t have much of a sweet tooth so not worried about too much chocolate.

Welcome Skinny. Hope the mouth is much better now GG. CG, it is fine to sleep in! You must need it!

Hi to everyone else. I have a concert tonight so I think I need a nanna nap. SJ, I am all for them.

PH WILL POST GYPSY’S STOREY BOOKS TO YOU NEXT WEEK AFTER EASTER.
    The buzz from all THE WTF’S Is we need our sleep! The long weekend will hopefully give us the rest we so need. We all put our energies to work last week …..not to say our livers as well…. no smoking or any alcohol since arriving back home ….do not want to go near either of those 2.until my birthday party ……may be no to the smokes.
    LOTUS sends her love best wishes and thanks, for having a great time with her in Sydney. She has never done anything like this before….so a BIG FIRST FOR HER spending nights away from home which she throughly loved.
    Catch you over the weekend. Have wonderful times with friends and family …..GO GAL XXXXXX ๐Ÿ‘ฏ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿฌ๐ŸซOH AND THE EASTER BILBY๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

Hi all, lots to reply to and up to elbows with reno mess, but the roof is fixed and Big bertha is insitu. have managed to get some fotos off the tablet, but can’t do vidos as yet. Will post as I get the chance.

FIT, you have been so patient! This is for you! YOUR CERTIFICATE OF ATENDANCE.

photo 20160318_090100_resized_1.jpg

YOUR INDUCTION INTO THE COVEN:

photo 20160318_083256.jpg

BREAKFAST WITH THE GIRLS:
     photo 20160318_113347_resized_1.jpg

Spending time with PH and Gawdmuther

photo 20160318_113214_resized.jpg

Minding the purse for Lotus

photo 20160318_112302_resized_1.jpg

So many lovely things happened and you were a part of it all, we all appreciate the warmth you sent us from across the world. CG gave us our shirts and hats and the fridge plaques on friendship were from GG. It was a HAPPENING! lOVE TO YOU ALL OUT THERE! It’s raining here again, but I’m dry and all is well. …..um except that I Fecked up the combination lock on one of my ports and now can’t open it. and EEEEk! the leprechaun went to the pub for a final drink before the Easter drought and won the raffle. Ooo! bugga! It’s a biiiiggg basket of chocolate eggs and bunnies and wine and… and dinner for two and oh, god…. why meeeee?…… Pray for my waistline sisters! the Gawdmuther has gone fishing! I’ll just have to find another helper…. yum… munch… slurp….mmmmm…. thank god the antidote exists…. xxxgyps

WOW…GYPS …..WHAT A GREAT MONTAGE OF PICS FOR FIT. See our gorgeous girl You where there with us.

What a relief that you and BIG BERTHA are both ok Gyps. Well done to the leprechaun on his win.I have started the chanting to save your waistline goes like this “Don’t eat the basket… a moment on my lips maybe forever on my hips…don’t eat the basket”
    Enjoy it anyway………GO GALXXXXX

Lovely pics, Gypsy!

Hi team, I was hors de combat yesterday, it was oral argument day for all of our first-year students and I was part of the monitoring team. And I’m due to post an online exam in another class today, which of course I have not finished writing! So a bit of coffee and a chat here and I’ll get to it. ๐Ÿ’ช

The team is rallying, I take it? That really was a whirlwind of planning and doing and excitement, I’d say you all need the equivalent amount of time to rest back up to normal. And perhaps fast back down ๐Ÿ˜ to normal lol. I am with you in spirit on both fronts, tired and a bit heavier than I was before! PH with all you did since the WTF, I think I’d just stay in bed for a week.๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค

Gyps those pix of Fit2 are adorable!! And glad to hear the roof is fixed, I forgot what big Bertha is but I’m glad she’s in the right place and hope all else is humming along there. Sue pls pass along any gardening tips, the weather will soon be right here – I got new trowels and weed diggers, as some invasive ferny thing is creeping in. GG enjoy the planning that others do for YOU, your OH sounds like such a sweetheart to do that while you were away, no doubt he wants to make sure you always come back. ๐Ÿ’•
    Have the tooth problems all been sorted now? And CG what of your poor foot, no wonder the cleaning girl caught you limping. You should’ve told her, this is how you end up if you’re a total badass who has pet cows and a full share of Aussie determination!! Though I think we’d all admit, when we first get up it can take a few minutes to rev the engine to full “determination” mode. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Welcome Skinny, do stay and tell us more about you. There is a wealth of good advice stored in these pages and in our own stories yet to tell. I feel your pain about the hunger, but fasting does become a routine and some days go by without a whole lot of to do.

Ok I told myself I had 30 mins for fun, so now I really must make sure my students can actually see something when they click the link at 3 pm today. Oh good, just not enough time to tell you how badly my FD went yesterday ๐Ÿ‘ฟ but today won’t be one, we’re off on a “party bus” with students tonight. Hugs everyone, make it a great day ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ”†๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿถ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ƒ jade xx (dancing girl is for you, Fit!)

Hi all!
    Grabbing a short break in between shopping and chores for Saturday. Still alot of fiddly little things to do such as replacing light bulbs, putting out guest towels etc.
    SJ, so pleased for you that you are able to enjoy your garden and Pilates….both good for body and soul. Yes, I’m looking forward to getting back to France but I haven’t even had a chance to think about packing etc until the party is over this weekend.
    Skinny, welcome to the thread. I’m sure you will get your strength and resolve back if you stick with us here. We all help each other over the bumpy bits. You have all the right ideas, now find your mojo and determination and you’ll soon see results. Best of luck!
    GG, how kind of you to make a replacement fascinator for SJ, you are a gem! I’m thrilled that your OH has all the plans for your birthday in hand and all you have to do is sit back and enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜€
    PH, you’re still tidying and clearing out even though you’re still not completely over the WTF…..you’re amazing! Take care and don’t overdo things ๐Ÿ’ž
    UP, sounds like you’re making the most of every day, good on ya! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    CG, soup sounds like the ideal thing to have on the go….it’s so nourishing and suits both fast and non fast days. Ease yourself back into country living….as we say over here: ‘When God made time, He made plenty of it’!
    Gyps, thank you so much for all the great photos! I can see that my alter ego was having a ball and certainly not left out of the craic! How lovely to see all the tokens, gifts and certificates…..you all went to so much trouble to give everyone wonderful mementos of the WTF reunion to treasure forever. I’m really happy to hear that you’re getting your home back to rights and that Big Bertha survived all the rain. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’•
    Jade, you really are doing too much, there seem to be an awful lot of evening and early morning events with your students, you have to learn how to say ‘no’ more often. Take care, dear friend…..you’re my only company in the northern hemisphere! ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉ

I’m hanging in there, and much better now that my ace admin asst has helped me post the exam. I don’t even care right now if there are typos or indecipherable questions. Already filled up a thermos with Jose Cuervo for the bus, I’m sure the citrus is just the thing for a cold ๐Ÿ˜Ž If only I had one of those plastic limes — they wouldn’t know what to make of the headdress๐Ÿค”
    Ah Fit, too bad you can’t just join in the celebration in GG’s neighborhood and work with her OH on a big group party! I always think my house “isn’t too bad” until I realize all the extras expected for company. What, they’re too good for my straggly bath towels? Ha. I usually end up buying a set of fresh new pillows every time, too – have NO idea where they all go, at this point I ought to have about 90,000 pillows in the house.

Don’t work too hard – remember your guests are there for YOU not to see a perfect house. In fact, I always feel a little relieved if I notice some imperfection. It’s so hard to reciprocate with perfect people. ๐Ÿ˜‰ – jade xxx

Wow, Jade, that sure would be one hell of a party! I’ve no idea what Jose Cuervo is but it sounds a bit too tame for what you need! Will there be singing on the bus? ๐Ÿ˜‰ I had to laugh at your point about the towels, pillows etc….my linen cupboard is bursting with extra bedding and towels I have just for visitors while I continue to use scraggly, threadbare ones myself! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I know the guests are coming to celebrate with my OH, not to write a review for Tripadvisor, but I just can’t stop wanting everything to be perfect. I got that from my mum, but she was a superb hostess. Never mind, all people want is the chance to meet up, chat, have a few drinks and laughs….it will be wonderful. As long as OH is happy, that’s all that matters. ๐Ÿ’žโค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜

Ok, just googled Jose Cuervo and I take back all I wrote ๐Ÿ˜‰……sounds like you have exactly the right idea Jade. Party on! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿน

Good morning/evening team, it’s all go for you Fit, and people are coming to celebrate, I’m sure your home is lovely at most times, but we do tend to do extras when we are expecting guests. I do the same when it’s just my daughter and the kids. I’d hate her to think I can’t keep up with things! My worry for you dear friend is you’ll be too exhausted to enjoy the big party, and only one or two drinks will hit you with a thud!๐Ÿ˜Ÿ So rest up, your home is clean, you have a party to host and above all, participate in and enjoy โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’• I love that saying Fit, do YOU take note of it? Put your feet up, grab a schnapps, and think, well they find me as I am….a home, not a display house!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•big difference.
    Jade, you are such a goer, reading what you do puts a different perspective on teaching as a career. I always thought what a great job, school hours,plenty of holidays, you have really put a different slant on that thinking. So much behind the scenes, as well as fighting a miserable cold, and no time to rest. I hope it’s feet up time for you now ๐Ÿ˜€
    Gyps, it’s lovey to see the pics, I forget all the instances we had, the mind is still generalising, so seeing us at breakfast bought it back ๐Ÿ˜„ Thank you. Glad to hear Big Burtha (your desk top computer) made it through unharmed and hope the clean up went well. You have so much planned for this Easter break, so enjoy it, relax, you deserve it. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’•
    I had another wonderful sleep in, only up 5 minutes when my neighbour phoned, asking if I’d seen one of her dogs, so been walking the paddocks looking, with her help, Molly turned up, out the front next to the road, barking to get in. Bit of a worry wondering how she got out, but she is safe, I’m awake ๐Ÿ™„ sort of, and enjoying my milky coffee…..after a surprise morning wobble (walk) you got it right Jade, the body takes a while to start moving it seems to do a check list of it’s own on what’s working!
    My fast went well, easier than I expected, so I’ll weigh before my shower shortly, hoping things are starting to go backwards and my Sydney trip is only in pics and not on my hips ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Have a lovely family day team, Good Friday was always a big deal when growing up, but the tradition has changed with this generation, they take advantage of a 4 day week end and usually go away. It’s a shame in my book, I love the whole christian story, and usually get a good Easter movie on telly, as well as the telethon, but nothing replaces having the family together.
    Come Tuesday, life returns to normal for us all, no more holidays, the winter months are closing in, fasting becomes the norm again, so enjoy the last of the gardening weather, the out doors weather team, our winters are so long, but my favourite time with Autumn, lovely cosy nights, home made comfort food, clothes you can snuggle into, so still lots to look forward too โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’žXxxxxxxxx

Mornin’ CG! Yes, you’re right, as usual! I will relax and enjoy myself, don’t worry, but I’ll have to stay a little bit sober because I’ll be singing again at mass the morning after! I really loved seeing the photos, more evidence of the warmth and joy shared at the WTF. ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉ I decided not to fast today as tomorrow is Good Friday and is a traditional church day of fasting, so I might as well kill two birds with one stone. I’ll weigh in on Saturday instead but not expecting good news as I’ve been really overdoing it on nfds. Time to knuckle down and get back into good habits and get back on track. ๐Ÿ’ชOur clock goes forward this weekend, so back to summer time for us as you head into autumn. ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ™

Morning all my weigh-in this morning saw me back down to 69.7 so almost all of that WTF extra has gone with 2 fasts. Not quite back to my best of 69.3 but we’ll see what we can do with that next week. The rewards of 5:2 eh….even if it takes us 2 weeks to get back it’s still easier than a diet every day!!! Not going back there.
    This morning I’m enjoying a hot cross bun with butter & honey (yes all the trimmings!) and a milky coffee with some chocolate sprinkled on top. Yummmm.
    CG hope you really enjoyed that coffee & that the morning wobbles have settled down now to a steady walk! A shower should do it for you. I LOVE my morning showers now that I don’t have to rush to work. And someone way back on the thread said that they love the time they have now to put body lotion on & I’ve just started doing that too. Takes me a while to realise that I’ve nowhere to rush to & nobody is waiting for me to do anything!
    Yes like many others we will have a quiet Easter EXCEPT for when we head down the street as it will be a madhouse with tourists. So this morning when I head out to play for the Good Friday service I need to allow extra time just to cross ONE street….the main street in town! All the visitors will be there having breakfast in various cafes. Then it will be some gardening and some reading. Doggie not sure if you’re home yet but just started a series of books by Elena Ferrante called My Brilliant Friend. It’s book 1 of the Neapolitan Novels think there are 5 in the set. Loving it!
    Enjoy your Easter weekend everyone, relax and do something you enjoy….or several somethings – even better! suejen XXXX

Morning ! Such aa beautiful day here . I slept until 10am!
    FIT- JADE IS RIGHT ON TRACK ……YOU WILL BE AT MY BIRTHDAY ON THE 16TH APRIL . FIT2 will be in excellent form by then. GO GAL XXXX

Hi all, Thanks very much for all your very supportive messages. I managed to get through yesterdays fast day. I took up the suggestion of eating carrot and celery sticks. It worked perfectly.I have lost a total of 1kg this week. Yay. It’s all worth it.Happy Easter where ever you are and whatever you are doing.

Brilliant SJ, that’s a fantastic result…..you’ll be back at your lowest in no time! It was me who wrote about the body lotion….such a small simple pleasure but it really demonstrates the quality of life you can have with the luxury of time and no deadlines. Heaven! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    GG, I’ll definitely be there in spirit on the 16th! I hope you have a fabulous time. BTW, you look way younger than 60! Please give yourself the best birthday present ever by giving up the smokes permanently, if you can ๐Ÿ’•

Hi team, sj, WOW, back to a good weigh in, I’m sitting on 72.2k so quite disappointed in myself, but KNOW, being back on 5:2 after a short break will do the trick โ˜บ๏ธ It’s funny how you “feel” the extra when you have lost it, often just water or food in transit, but you do feel different. So will do another two fasts next week and hope, pray, to see 69k again ๐Ÿ™„ I know the scales will play with me for a while, you seem to see your first lowest, then back up we go! Frustrating, but if anything, a hint of what is to come๐Ÿ˜‰ My AUSSIE DETERMINATION wont fail me on this goal, I’m sure, so BRING IT ON team, WE CAN DO ITโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’•
    GG you obviously needed the sleep in, I didn’t wake till 9:20 so the catch up is still happening ๐Ÿ˜ƒ And you had an early start the day after arriving back, so using this holiday break to settle back into routine is good timing for us all, even if by accident of planning๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ’•x
    Fit don’t be hard on yourself, you have so much to contend with, fast when possible, but live life to the fullest when the opportunity arrives ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ’žxxxxx

Skinny, that’s amazing and a super start….that will give you the incentive to keep going, woohoo! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

Oh, CG, now who’s being hard on herself! We’ll get there together, dear friend ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉ Slow and steady wins the race. I better get off to bed now, it’s 1am and I have my usual stint with my sister tomorrow as well as church service and the rest of the party preparation. Never a dull moment! Night all! Have a lovely weekend โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ž

Skinny, what a perfect start, AND Easter gift for you. This time NEXT Easter you will be surprised how much weight you have lost and how well you feel. Although reading our posts over the last few days seems hard to believe, but we are all normally real go getters, but over did our reunion, and the build up, it pretty much burnt us all out!๐Ÿ˜ And not being on 5:2 leading up to and during the reunion, so it really shows how well it works when we stick to it, and how it effects us when we slack off.๐Ÿ˜ŸTry to post daily, YOU ARE NOT ALONE, we are all here for each other, some days just flow, others seem to have road blocks, so just share with us, read our inputs, and you’ll find we all go through the same on this wonderful journey ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’•xxxxxx

Nighty nite Fit, sleep tight and sweet dreams โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’žXxxx

Morning ladies, I see you are all busy in the life business. Fit I’m envious of guests who get to share your bubbles. A more caring hostess I couldn’t imagine. Say happy birthday to your OH for me. Wish I could send you some of my chocolate overload!

Jade, Big Bertha is my desk top computer, from whence all things emanate. I emailed your reading, Blame Zelda if it is not an epistle of light, (she’s the witch). I’m just this poor struggling old scrub dweller battling with downpours and the virile tropical growth all round, as weeds and vines swallow up the wee patch I’ve civilized…. sigh… it’s a matter of starting from scratch every year after the rains. Without the use of poisons it’s Hard on the back and arms pulling clumps of guinea grass. I feel guilty that OH has made a start on the vegie patches and put up with the mildew squalor (awaiting some drying sun, which we now have)while I swanned it in the concrete jungle!

Phew! Never seen so many people in one place from such close quarters! I was only just beginning to get my head around the way out of the rabbit warren of ‘the Oaks’ when we had to leave! It just amazes me so many folk choose to live so jammed up, like ants swarming uphill! and soooo far to go to get anywhere with all the impediments of traffic, trains, bells and whistles! I loved it for the experience and the fairyland of lights at night was breathtaking, but I was glad to see my scrub. There is distance and then there is congested movement! Frustration, stress and endless noise. It takes less time to drive a hundred K’s in the bush than to cross town in Sydney! I have to take my hat off to Lotus and GG for managing us so well. Our bunch was a logistic nightmare to get from A to B and maxi taxi’s at peak rush hour Friday night was not a happening! What a classic! That we all made the boat in several hailed cabs and chaos was a miracle. On the other hand, there could be a good opening for a traditional bootlegger…..I promise champagne cocktails ala NQ will have a little more zing per cents!

PH, glad you survived the rigors, way to go, girl! you put me to shame striking out to lead the pack when it looked like we were walking to the boat, and you led a foin congo line. Gutted that I can’t get the video of it off my phone! Glad your OH approved of the brew samples. I’ll put a vat down for your trip North.

CG hope your foot is in the clear. It is good to see you get straight back into the leadership role and on topic. I’m afraid I’ve had a delayed reaction to all my Sydney chomping. Hit the scales at 88k’s this am. Eek! and all those chocolates tempting me!

GG Ta for the Mantra. I’ll be walking around chanting it for some time. Hope your big party comes off splendidly. Bet it’s killing you to stay out of the organizing!

Suejen, I can now imagine you going quietly around being the backbone support of everything in your orbit. I’m sad we never found that piano for you. Your light has this essential sort of glow, nothing dramatic or flashy, it’s like dawn leading us out of the darkness. It’s quite beautiful, with pink, blue and green rays. On granny’s scale, that’s love, communion and nurture/nature (according to the energy your soul radiates)so of course you can sing and your garden blooms to your touch. I know it’s not your thing, but just so you know, I see you (hugs).

Skinny, welcome to you and well done on your progress so far!

Well, the party’s over in my neck of the woods. I have a roast diner to cook for a few pub orphans with no where else to go and then it’s yakka or move out and let the jungle have it all back. My fence lines are smothered in loya vine climbers and centro weeds and the paths are slick with lichen moss. Unbelievable how fast the scrub reclaims its territory! Every year I say I won’t do it again, but It would be over the house if I didn’t, and under all that my pot plants are crying for rescue. Ah well, I might sweat off some lard.. enjoy your Easter, everybody! xx gyps

Gyps how lovely to hear from you, so early too ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Don’t stress regarding the weight, give it a week or two, let the mind clear, you’ve had a lot of your plate (worry not food) so let life flow as it will. You know 5:2 will take over your life so enjoy the treats, they ARE for you, moderation is the key of course, but once back into “normal” your weight will start coming down again. Anyway, you looked fine in Sydney๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’• so fast when you can, watch portion control, even with your roast today, miss out on the spuds if you can, every little bit helps โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’•Xxxxxx

Some more mementos of WTF

CG and UP on the balcony of my Sixth story room.
     photo 20160316_181406_resized.jpg

Gardmuther to go! (Townsville airport)
     photo 20160316_155153_resized.jpg

Gawd and Gyps arriving Sydney airport.
     photo 20160316_160232_resized.jpg

Num char! At the Marigold restaurant in China town.

Lotus, CG and GG in frame.
     photo 20160317_124308_resized.jpg

Gyps, Suejen and Gawd

photo 20160317_123147_resized.jpg

photo 20160317_122954_resized.jpg

PH,Lotus CG and GG

photo 20160317_122954_resized.jpg

Lookit all those empty plates…. could this be the reason the scales are up for me? Gyps with SJ.

photo 20160317_123137_resized.jpg

Another day another top hole restaurant – Drinking to Jade and enjoying the generous gift tab she sent us, all the way from the USA! Ooo! yes! we did have such a good time!

photo 20160319_133756_resized.jpg

Gawd hoeing in while GG and SJ contemplate the Barra menu…
     photo 20160319_134612_resized.jpg

No mucking around… I went straight for the lobster…Mmmmmmm.
     photo 20160319_134518_resized.jpg

Ooo! Yum! where’s mine? sez GG! Never seen anyone’s face light up like hers does. such a volatile, magic person. Bet it’s killing her not to meddle with her own party….
     photo 20160319_134607_resized.jpg

Oh God and tomorrow we go home! I’ll never fit all that stuff back into my ports! a firm decision was made by all to drink the remainder and lighten the luggage…
     photo 20160320_224041_1.jpg

And then our final breakfast was upon us
     photo 20160319_111900_resized_1.jpg

good bye to lovely Lotus

photo 20160319_111947_resized_1.jpg

photo 20160319_111955_resized.jpg

he saddest moment as we watch them walk away….

photo 20160319_112129_resized.jpg

BUT….. Start your coin bottles, ladies, this is where we’ll be next year! Your rooms are only one floor over the tavern you see, ten paces from the beach, with balcony pool overlooking the ocean, waving palm trees, casual dress, the booze is on tap, cheap as chips and coke is the real deal. Plus your Barra will be still kicking, straight from the ocean…..See you there! xxx gyps

Oops, forgot the pictorial evidence. This is Palm Cove about 20 K’s further North of Cairns, which has an international airport (FIT & Jade). you’ll step off the plane into paradise.(as long as you come at the right time of year) May to September is the choice. With September being the ultimate. That’s about 18 months to save. and slim for another breakout!xx

photo DSCF0082.jpg

Oh wow Gyps, they are great, thank you for being so astute with the camera. You make NQ sound absolutely perfect ๐Ÿ˜Š We will all be there, better book the venue for next September now ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’• it’s lovely to see our memories in the makng, and now planning to make more together ๐Ÿ’žXxxxxmy jar is already starting to rattle, so saving has started ๐Ÿ˜ŒXxxxxx

The memories of our WTF HAVE ALL come BACK with these pics.what a perfect time we all had together.
    Well done SKIN ON your loss…. glad the advise worked . Also SJ ON GETTING BACK TO YOUR WEIGHT.
    Gyps please send me your address so I can post off the white organza bags.
    I have brought my ruby ring and bracelet and a necklace …..ebay is wonderful….all came with invoice and gem verification…..no fakes. The rubies are small gems ,so together they will give me what I need..
    All the shops are closed so OH is enjoying his last beer ,worked hard this morning in the backyard. The tourists are here THE RBT IS SET TO CATCH .
    FAST IS GOING WELL THUS FAR…….ENJOY YOUR DAY TEAM …..GO GALXXXXXXX

CG, we crossed way back, ta for the pep talk, I will skip the spuds. And that’s all of my ftos out there now, can’t do the videos. will look into it. We decided not to try camping over Easter, too disorganized here and still rain on and off. so I took the time to post them. sorry about the glut. but may be busy for a bit, now. Lunch to serve now. Cheers to all! xx Gyps

Hi all. What a busy time most of you are having. I am just the opposite. Slept in today until 10.30..again.๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐ŸŽˆ by the end of this weekend I will be quite rested..you are right Jade. It will take me a week, however would not change a minute of the last month for anything in the world. My beautiful grandaughter, my beautiful DIL and her wonderful extended family and of course my wonderful son in Tasmania Then catching up with our old friends in Sydney before the WTF experience, and what an experience that was, followed by the visit of my SIL and her family from Canada. ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿค—๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
    Fit. I too am killing two birds with the one stone and having a Fast Day on Good Friday. ..then tomorrow morning I will get on those scales… Hope they are nice to me….all unpacked and all the washing done, so can rest whenever I like this weekend. Nice feeling. Daughter came over again this morning for a cup of coffee with us and a hug..so nice. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–. Enjoy your party and give OH birthday wishes.๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ I am sure your house is really a home where everyone feels comfortable to enjoy every minute of their visit. All the preparation is over now so kick back and enjoy the party. Your daughters will help you with the rest I imagine.

Jade, I know the effort that goes into being a great teacher…and you most certainly would fall into that category. Pace yourself dear friend and enjoy the bus trip with your “tonic”

Gyps..what can I say..great photos and so pleased that things are getting a little bit back in order. Our garden also requires a lot of weeding after being away for a month so I imagine there will be a lot of reclaiming going on in this year also this weekend. one vine has covered over three grevillea bushes. Have to get it off before it kills them…lovely of you to cook for the pub orphans..not surprising though with your Huge colourful, caring heart…๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ. I imagine you are sharing that great raffle prize about and so it should not do that much damage.

SJ. So pleased about your weight. And you too enjoying bringing the garden back to rights. I imagine this weekend will be a a busy one for you with playing at the church and all the celebrations that go along with Easter. Have a nice one my friend. ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

CG. Early morning wobbles. Can just picture it..glad your search was not in vain and missing loved one found…hope your foot is still OK and you have a nice restful Easter.

Skinny. Well done with your loss ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡. I too like the carrot sticks and I usually eat cucumbers as well on Fast Days as they are my fav salad vegetable. So along with a hard boiled egg and sometimes an apple or half of one that usually gets me through till dinner time. Doing fast day today and looking forward to my fish and vegetables Dinner.. Just a cup of coffee so far and a cucumber. Keep with us dear girl and you will get all of the support you need.

UP. Imagine you had a nice birthday breakfast with family, was it your birthday? Enjoy the rest of the weekend. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

A big hi to everyone else. Talk to you again tomorrow.. ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Wow, lots more wonderful pics. Thanks heaps for posting.
    Welcome Skinny, well done on your loss.
    Not so good for me this week. I weighed in at 67.8 when I was 67.4 last week. Not sure what happened but will try again this week.
    HAPPY EASTER to those who celebrate and HAPPY DAYS OFF to those who may not.
    Our house was very busy this morning. First a visit from our house sitter to be who was lovely, then a couple we didn’t know who made a trip out to Warburton to visit OH and get some ideas on photos for a book being written. Just after that our daughter, SIL and wee grandson Henry arrived. We had lunch in the village and then relaxed at home for a few hours. The sun decided to come out and now the house is quiet again.
    Hope everyone is having a nice relaxing day.

Hi Genie, what a fabulous day for you ๐Ÿ˜ƒ It sounds like a perfect Good Friday with family. Don’t worry too much about the few grams, they could be food in transit…..we all zigzag usually in kilos and you are only doing grams so that’s wonderful. You’re holding a teriffic weight, what IS your goal. I don’t remember what you started at either? Have you lost much?

Gyps,oooohhhh so smmmoooth….just sipping on the honey bourbon you made for me…….THAAANK YOU๐Ÿ˜ƒโ˜บ๏ธ I’m having it uneffected by anything else, meaning it’s my first today, so tasting it at it’s purest ๐Ÿ˜‰ The honey is beautiful, I can taste the “natural” in it. (We have bee hive farms around here and I often buy the honey comb, it’s wonderful in winter for keeping the chest clear) …..May I order a few please for next September now you have perfected the recipe๐Ÿ˜Œ Start brewing, I know PH loved your whiskey too, as well as those little bottles of pure magic ๐Ÿ˜Š You better start cooking my dear friend, get the still up on stilts in case of more rain because you wont have time to waste watching for more floods ๐Ÿ˜
    I hope you are all having a lovely Good Friday team, I think I have found my mojo, it’s been a busy go-go day, and I’m feeling greatโ˜บ๏ธ Everything seemed to snowball into something else, and I just kept going, lovely feeling. Fish (of course) for dinner with salad and maybe a few chips (rare) so looking forward to kicking back, sipping quietly, remembering instances from our trip, lke PH insisting we were at the right room, and me trying the key wondering why it wouldn’t work, only to realise we were a few rooms up the passage! It’s a good thing we can all laugh at ourselves๐Ÿ˜€
    Stay positive team, feet up time ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜‰xxxxxx

Hi ladies
    I’m glad to see you all made it home in one piece. It was great to meet you all albeit briefly but at least now I can put a face and personality to a name and personality is not something any of you are short of. I’m also glad the weather wasn’t quite as bad as first forecast. I enjoyed seeing all the pics! Fit was fairly quiet the evening I was there but I see she made it to all major events :).
    I’ve been off the air all week and not doing that well really. The move down to 5mg steroids every other day has given me my stuffy head back and my hay fever. Plus I’ve been very lethargic and wanting to pick at food. I wake up tired after 8.25hrs sleep. I’ve eaten a few hot cross buns and some chocolate and can see where that’s heading. While I want to enjoy Easter I don’t want to go backwards either. Today I took off the Fitbit and enjoyed stations of the cross with hot cross buns after and a quiet afternoon with a friend. I’ll be back onto it tomorrow but needed a day off.
    I’ll do a fast on Tuesday and try and get my headspace right. There’s no point doing one before that as I have a lot on. I’m way better when I’m at work anyway,
    I pray you all have a wonderful Easter with your families.
    Anne xx

Hi all! What a wonderful lot of posts, just love waking up to lots of action on the thread overnight (for me of course). ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    CG, that potion from Gyps seems to have done the trick…..you are back on top form and firing on all cylinders (in the best possible way, I mean!) ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ Life is getting back to normal for all and with a lovely holiday weekend as well. ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿ‡โ˜˜๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒท Enjoy it all but look after your foot and tooth……and all the bits in between as well! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’•โค๏ธ
    Gyps, if anyone can fight back the jungle, it’s you…..soldier on with plenty of strength from your elixirs of life! Thanks again for all the photos, more insight into all the special moments, of which there were many! Your description of next year’s location has won my OH over and he is in favour of us joining you all in 2017!! So, the saving really starts in earnest now…woohoo! BRING IT ON! I’m already excited! C’mon, Jade, you have to come too! ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโค๏ธ
    GG, I’m glad you’re all set to enjoy the weekend, even though there are lots of tourists around, you have your own little secluded patch of heaven backing onto the water…..enjoy it all. ๐ŸŒดโ˜€๏ธ๐ŸŠ๐ŸŽฃ
    PH, you’ve packed a lot of special occasions and memories into the last month, it’s been all worthwhile so relax and enjoy going over it all in your mind now. How lovely to have your daughter so close as well. Life is good ๐Ÿ˜ƒโค๏ธ
    Genie, don’t be disheartened, that’s only a minor blip…..all will be well with another fast or two. What a busy but satisfying day you’ve had…..sit back and relax now! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Ok, better get off my backside and do the rest of my chores. I’m floating on air at the thought of being able to hug all you beautiful people in the not so distant future (((((((((()))))))))) Yippee! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’•โค๏ธ

Viewing 50 posts - 12,501 through 12,550 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.