Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,451 through 12,500 (of 14,786 total)

• The broom has landed! Gawd and I stepped off the plane into heat we hoped was just generated by the jet’s engine, but no, it’s still a furnace up north. Gawd’s Oh met us in the 4WD and the trek back to my scrub was a few more hours. So a long day with the time zone change adding to it. Thew leprechaun looked half starved and very glad to see me! I have some great photos, but now have to figure out how to get them off my new tablet. That may be a day or so. About to hit the sack and re energise for the cleanup. (Big rains and big mildew here).

I have some special photos for you fit, with fit 2 and Jade, I did a reading for you(as the cards were part of the fun and while all the vibes were there it made you very present)but you might like to get your email address relayed to me through CG, for a written record of it? Meanwhile I have a foto of it being done. So enjoyed having a drink on you! lovely, generous thoughts came to us fron you and just looking at my green rosette brought you to me, Fit. I felt your touch. and it was lovely skyping. thank you both so much for being with us. And to all of you, We did it! I will get back to you all. Love to you All. And you, too, SAL, you are so welcome!

GG. LOtus, Gawd and I thank you so much for all you did to make it a wonderful time for us all. Glad you are all safe home. Annie, it was great to meet you! Sue Ph and Up, wellll, I’ll just let the piccies tel their own story….. I’m for Zzzzzzzzz’s! Nite all, xx gyps

This one’s for you CG. you look soooo cool , you rocker, you! and I did manage to get the glass home without smashing it, GG !

photo 20160320_132429.jpg

Doing Jade’s reading with all the influences of WTF on the table…

photo 20160320_171116.jpg

Up was pretty high,…. and Suejen is taking to retirement well….

photo 20160318_202802.jpg

Oh, yes, fine feathers indeed…

photo 20160318_200447.jpg

I’d say we gave Sydney a run for its money!

photo 20160318_215723.jpg

GAWD STRIKE A LIGHT…..

photo 20160318_202612.jpg

…….AND DON’T THINK YOU GOT OFF EASY, PURPLE…. just wait til I figure out how to upload a video of chair dancing in a congo line….. Z

So that’s all I have on my phone camera. The rest are on the new tablet. It is not letting me email them or message them… WTF? I shall fast and see if inspiration comes…

Brilliant, Gyps, thanks a million! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‹πŸ’ƒπŸ‘―πŸŽ‰πŸ’žπŸ’•β€οΈβ˜˜

Hi Fit, we crossed. Home is home. We’ll have a scratch Easter in this mess, but it was sodden before I left, so I knew what to expect. More rain is expected, but it’s not te major flooding. just tidal surges and noting drys out. I’ll look in the morning. too tired to worry . I had a wonderful time. hope you can make the next one. the scales didn’t change, so that’s a bonus! Good nite, my friend. thankyou so musch for your thoughtful gifts. The leprechaun is gobsmacked with the photos and that ribbon. I don’t think he realized how far our little thread spread, and he’s pretty impressed with you and Jade being REAL members! xxx nite

Sleep tight, dear Gyps. I’m glad the leprechaun is still in one piece and I hope your homestead dries out soon…..probably quicker than the WTFers will! LOL πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒπŸ’žβ€οΈ

Ah Gyps…your rollicking ode to WTF was the perfect start to my Monday!!πŸŽ‰πŸ’• And such brilliant photos! No finer time was ever had, from all appearances. I’m honored to have made an appearance through a reading β™₯️ – if details can be shared, do send them along – jjfuzzles@gmail.com – though I know you must tend to all things moldy and mildewy, not to mention the Leprechaun – hope all is back to normal soon. x

Has everyone else settled back into everyday life? Happy to hear of the safe landings, CG with her son, GG getting catered to by OH, poor Up taking the scenic route home 😎 Sue catching up on sleep, PH already onto another party..? I imagine you’re all experiencing something of a post-holiday slumpπŸ˜• but let the memories carry you forward. A bit of magic has touched this group ✨ and I’m so pleased to be a part of it. So pleased, in fact, that I apparently joined in the noshing and found a stray 3 lbs this morning. WTF!!! Ha, who’s worried…I can send those packing with one hand tied behind my back. Hmm, maybe both hands tied behind my back would make it easier πŸ˜‰ Fit, are you back at work with your sis? I have drug my sorry self to school so best get off this iPad and get the job done. Cheers all!! 😘-jade xx

Hi Jade, hope work has been easy on you, you are probably not firing on all cylinders with that cold. I have a pretty light week with my sister because my other sis is back to share the load. I went to IKEA today, don’t know if you have that store in the US, but it’s amazing and addictive. I bought lots of cushions and a couple of pans (can’t leave out my OH)! ….also paper plates and napkins for Saturday night. It’s lovely reading everyone’s post-WTF reflections and knowing we were both thought of with such kindness and affection throughout the reunion. πŸ’žπŸ’•β€οΈ

Oh Fit, do we have IKEA! I spent a year in there one day with our youngest, or what felt like a year – of course what really felt like a year was putting all the furniture together later 😩 But how fun to get all the party supplies there, they have good bargains as I remember. Did you escape without any birthday furniture? πŸ€‘ Your sanity will thank you if you did! Wonderful to know you have other help now with the caring for your sis – hard work is always easier with team support πŸ™‚
    I’m doing ok with the cold, feeding it lots of hot coffee β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈ some chewable C tablets. and a good old HB egg πŸ”. I love the spareness of clean eating on a Monday πŸ’ͺ let’s hope it lasts eh? πŸ˜‰ xx

Well done Jade! Yes I did get away without any furniture but not without almond chocolate cake with butterscotch……eek! Looks like I’ll be needing another fast this week but not hopeful of finding the time 😏

No worries Fit – this is a lifetime plan, right? And it may take me a lifetime to get it fully sorted, nailed, done, dusted, and whatever else we ADers do to it! 🌈😘

Good morning/evening team. Gyps the ode to our tour is perfect πŸ˜€ Thank you for my “private” reading too, your insight is incredable and spooky 😱 But I enjoyed the whole experience. It’s hard to believe it’s all behind us team isn’t it. Our build up and excitement went on for months, and in a blnk of an eye, it’s over. We crammed so much into such a short time. The last couple of days Sydney weather tried to dampen our enthuiasm but didn’t. The Hard Rock cafe, GG and I visited Saturday night saw to that ☺️ The evening was glorious, the meal impromptu as we were having trouble sleeping, so up we got and off we went! We sat on the deck of the cafe with the most beautiful view of what we all expected Darling Harbour to be, plus all the lights reflected over the water, just so very pretty. We were so impressed, we took Gyps back for lunch the next day πŸ˜ƒ But because of the rain, had to sit inside 😱 Not good for the ear drums! Although not quite the place for an intermite conversation, thanks to the music, but all put down to experience πŸ˜€ (Although I didn’t mind seeing and helping Jon Bon jovi singing…..oooo yumm😊)
    I’m not one for good byes, and have trouble with them, but as GG and I were last to leave, it was inevitable, and the tears flowed. We started this reunion a year ago together, and decided to make it an annual event, never dreaming so many would join us, and seeing it come to fruition, then succeeding, and of course, coming to an end, the emotions flooded……but no apologies for being sincere πŸ’•πŸ˜ƒ
    I’m up and ready to shower then head home to my piece of paradise in South Gippsland, back to the denims and country life πŸ˜‰ and cuddles with Lexie and Danny. My boys seem to have magnets in them, as does Maggie ☺️ not leaving my side since I got home, aint love grand?πŸ˜ŠπŸ’• I’m taking wonderful memories with me and life long friendships now, a journey shared with incredible women, and the knowledge that this is only the beginning!☺️ Be warned Gyps, tell Gawd to be prepared, although I think she is prepared for anything 24/7 πŸ˜ƒ, we will be there next September, no matter what!☺️
    “Life is a roller coaster, team, with it’s ups and downs, it’s up to you wether you scream, or enjoy the ride”

Positive vibes to you all team πŸ˜‰πŸ’•xxxxx

Mornin’ CG! How good it feels to be writing those words again! πŸ˜€ I’m so glad you enjoyed your last day or so of the reunion but I can sympathise with how hard you must have found the final goodbye with GG. The release of emotions I’m sure had alot to do with a sense of relief too that all had gone so well. It’s not an easy thing to put yourself out there, sharing your thoughts and feelings, successes and failures. Bringing all these ladies together was quite a gamble but what a glorious experience it turned out to be. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ’ͺ Thank you for your courage and leadership. Enjoy the cuddles with your four legged friends and drive carefully, dearest pal! πŸ˜ƒπŸ’žβ€οΈπŸ’•

What a wonderful morning!went to sleep in the arms and paws of my 2 boys…..Oscar would not leave my side.
    Happy to know that we all had safe journies back to our homes and loved ones.
    Up at 6am for my 1st job ….now home as that is it for today.

AND TO THE SCALES SHE WENT ONCE HER FEET HAD HIT THE GROUND! TREMBLING with anticipation she gingerly stepped on.IT WAS WITH DELIGHT SHE SCREAMED…..THE SCALES REVEALED 74.5 KGS!!!!
    Who would have imagined that over 5 days if eating and drinking I would lose .5kgs ….did check several times before the scream.And I fasted yesterday .
    I ate bread ,chips chocolate brownies and many a glass of the Sav during those 5 fun filled days.
    We did exercise every day with a 2 1/2 walk around the foreshore of Darling Harbour to the Woolamaloo,to the shopping mall of the DH COMPLEX ,AROUND PADDY’S MARKET and dancing on the Brazillian cruise.So it seems that a week of over indolgence did not do any harm…….thank the stars ….I did expect to have gained at least 3kgs last week.
    GYPS thanks for the pics…..we do need to see PH leading the conga line. .that is a classic memory….well done PH!!
    FIT….FIT2 Is alittle worse for wear. You were right she was flat packed and saftely put in the suitcase .
    Have a awesome day team …I hold each of you close.love ….GO GALXXXXX

Hi and thanks everyone for the great ideas and lovely welcome!

I am feeling great after yesterday’s fast, had a few prawns at 2pm, and a red lentil Dahl with salad for dinner. The kids and O/H had a baked spud too.

Lots of green tea helped me yesterday too!

I was wanting to ask about cutting down on carbs in non-fast day as I had great success by giving up bread in my 20s. Does anyone else do this?
    Also do you weigh in everyday, I was thinking only after fast days to keep me motivated, it’s amazing seeing the scales moving the right way for once.

Thanks heaps!

Hi there GG! That’s an awesome result on the scales…..the 5:2 gods were on your side. Looks like Fit2 shrank a little as well! Congrats again on the wonderful job you and Lotus did in hosting the WTF, it surpassed expectations. πŸ‘πŸ‘ I’m sure it’s lovely to be home again with your boys. You’re amazing to be back at work so soon πŸ’ͺ
    Sal, I think we have all found it better to avoid carbs completely on fast days and to cut down on them the other days to if possible. Most of us weigh in on Fridays after fasting Monday and Thursday. We post our results here but that’s not compulsory. We share each other’s losses, gains or frustrating plateaus! Well done on your fasting yesterday and the meal choices. Keep up the good work! πŸ˜€

Just realised I do have a couple of pics but that is all.
     photo IMG_1980_zpslxm8hpuh.jpg

Up how lovely to hear from you again, I so enjoyed meeting you and having our cuddle. I’m unable to open facebook, I don’t have it, unless you take a pic on your ipad and post it. The girl with the camera was taking pics all night, I though we had to buy them, she said they post them on face book, so would love to see themπŸ˜€
    Home on the farm now, got the “bellows” from the paddock so went down for our cuddles, in sandles, and was promptly trod on by Danny in his excitement! Poured blood but all’s good, should know better to wear propper shoes down there, but too excited to think 😏
    To my surprise I had a few messages on the answering machine from the team at our hotel, think they got my home and mobile numbers mixed☺️ Lovely to hear them……and Jade, also a message from my General Store, they STILL haven’t sent your parcel, they forgot to get me to fill in a customs form grrrrr, so it will be coming, just hope you get it before Xmas!! πŸ™„
    Anyway, the boys and Maggie sound asleep on their favourite chairs/couch, so I’m ready for a Nanny nap, can’t be my age catching up on me, can it? Chat later team πŸ’ƒπŸ’€ xx
    Oh, just noticed the pic, don’t we hate pics of ourselves….I do, but they are memories, my loose skin is so obvious around my tummy, but to be expected after such a loss, it will be gone soon too….πŸ˜‰πŸ’•xx

photo IMG_1979_zps3yelxm9y.jpg

photo IMG_1974_zpsatvuiqgv.jpg

The second one was taken while lost, before I found these ladies!

photo 230293_10208698022269264_5588321043768755121_n_zpsvzfmy1xl.jpg

photo 12443431_10154045719157959_902526676_o_zpsgohbsfcy.jpg

Some other things I got up to including this flattering one of me and my daughter.

Anyone notice what’s on the table behind Gyps?? Medicinal of course hehe! xxx

Great guns, GG, that was some dancing you must have done πŸ’ƒπŸ‘― Congrats on having a smashing time and dropping half a kilo in the process!! πŸ’ͺ
    Fit, you said it – that feeling of risking something wonderful and then seeing it actually happen…had to be quite emotional for the WTF gang and especially the organizers. Huge hugs to you all for making that dream come true. Too often, people let their petty differences get in the way of a good old fashioned love-inπŸ’• And yes, I see those bottles behind Gyps – a little medicine always helps make ME more lovable πŸ’— just so you know in case I make one of these shindigs. 🍷
    Good heavens, CG you really are back on the farm, getting run over by the livestock! I bet Lexie and Danny were so happy to see you…hope the wound is healing nicely. No worries about the post, I’m not going anywhere! Thanks again for your help decoding the voucher πŸ€” And your photos are gorgeous!!
    Up, you too – you and your daughter are so cute – love the sunkissed hair and smiles – and the intriguing panoramic photo(s) of you x2 by the water. You look like you’re having a blast!

Well I’m starving my a$$ off here on another FD, super thirsty too so maybe that’s a good thing. I love the way I feel the morning after one of these things, but the last few hrs are rough 😁 I shall take myself to bed before I get any ideas about bedtime snacks… πŸžπŸ°βœ–οΈβœ–οΈ Hoping for more photos tomorrow! πŸ’•–jade xx

Hi all, just a quick check in to say I will probably be off line for a while, or at least for erratic time frames. We have to dismantle the roof over the area of my desktop, so big bertha will be out of action(my desktop computer) and I am about ready to hoy the ‘tablet’ into the river! It just won’t let me get photos off or send them on and I can’t email! it keeps saying none of my email addresses are valid and there’s no way I’, getting another one to suit it! @!!!#$%&&(!##!
    It’s going to be another job for my son. but won’t see him for a bit. Meanwhile, I have to get this joint sorted and we were supposed to be going on a camping expedition for Easter. So I’ll see you on the other side!

Jade, I will send on your reading, but it is on the memo pad of my new device, too, so if I can’t figure out how to email from there it will have to be copied by hand abd re enter3ed into my computer. so it’s a catch 22. but it is a private reading done in private (as in written up by me from the meaning of the card layout) I just got Gawd to take a foto of the happening so you could ‘be there’. I never recall details of a reading once it’s gone from me, but it was relevant to your probable future retirement and the advent of an opportunity which may present and require crossroad choices, I think. The upshot was, the choice is yours and yes, YOU DEFINITELY CAN DO IT. I will get it off to you asap. just not today!

UP, yes, loved the video link. and it certainly reminds me of half the mob missing their furry friends even in the midst of frolicking feathers!
    You and your girl are peas in a pod, lovely to see you sharing good times. Thanks for the fotos, Boy, we all caught different angles of each other, what a blast!

CG, love to you, it was so wonderful to have personal chats and the group dynamics was nothing short of family. You did good. Just look after your foot. and of course you ARE up on tetanus shots playing around in cattle terrain?!

Sal, Fit is spot on with the carb reduction. It helps a lot to avoid anything starchy or sweet on fast days. And I try to cut down on any day, but splurges are a must to maintain normal lifestyle, or it just won’t become a lifetime healthy eating plan. The body circumvents any attempt to keep it in astraight jacket, anyway, so it is better to keep it guessing! It helps to understand the metabolism of different foods. Mainly sugars/starches. Anything in the carb line has sugar content. sugar requires insulin for the body to digest it, thus use it. Insulin is released by thye pancreas in response to the ingestion of sugar in whatever form (even 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar in your tea). Once insulin is in your bloodstream it goes in search of glucose, if it doesn’t have a ready supply it causes hunger and, ta da! CRAVING!. SO IF YOU DON’T WAKE UP THE SUGAR MONSTER FIRST THING IN THE MORNING YOU CAN FAST MUCH EASIER. just a little handy hint. replace it with something savoury like vegemite soup. Proteins use energy to digest and are more filling than any ‘low calorie’ product. fresh is best and butter on green veg or cream in your coffee won’t do you any harm, in moderation. Make your food tasty, nutritious, and you’ll find 500 cals will be more satisfying than twice as much in the highly processed line. One would get as much from the cardboard box as most of the contents of such. it will get easier. good luck and now you have started, don’t give up. some one here will have qn answer for you. Luck

Gotta go girls, mess calls and first have to trek to town, just discovered my SIL is an in patient with cellulitis to her arm. ,and the larder is empty. Ahh, but the bourbon vat is aged nicely……Cheers! gyps

Hi, don’t worry CG, it was just a dog doing the samba BUT as far as the cruise pics go, fear not! I have been in touch with them about the pics and they said they would be up within the week. Sorry, I forgot to tell you that! Also I put the photo of you up because I thought you look good!

Anyway, am keeping an eye out on FB.

Good luck with everything Gyps.

Up thank you, face book never appealed to me but would appreciate any of us if you could get them up some how.vThank you for the comment on the pic too, like most of us, I’m self critical πŸ˜‰ Gyps, my heart goes out to you, how bloody frustrating. Getting home to problems, it’s the last thing you need, with unpacking to do, although not a big surprise I guess. Stick with the new toy, I love my ipad, but couldn’t get on line in Sydney, but no problems at my son or here now home. It will be something simple, even one of the young local might help, plus the service could be messing with it with so much rain and water around? Your internet towers could be scew wiff? Just guessing of course, but stick with it. It’s like 5:2 my friend, once you get a handle on it, it’s crystal clear 😌 Gyps you were such a pivitol point to us all and didn’t let our expectations of you disappoint 😊 πŸ’ž I’m so glad we met and had time for the one on ones, very special πŸ’ž
    I keep meaning to re-boot my Tetenus but forget until something happens, I’ll get one “next time” πŸ™„ One of the sore’er injections, no wonder I forget!
    Jade we would all love it if you could make the next reunion, you too Fit, but totally understand the expense. We are locals as such, but still a lot from our savings, but AUSSIE DETERMINATION works is many ways, right??πŸ˜€
    I’m fasting today, haven’t weighed since being home, not game enough, but come morning, the shock will be discovered. I have faith that one week can not undo so much hard work, although it my give it a nudge back to reality 😟 So tuna salad for lunch, another salad for dinner, possibly with chicken, beautiful day here, so salads go down well. It wont be long before the soups and casseroles are on the go as Autumn really starts to hit. My trees are putting on their prettiest show, the nights are cooling, so it wont be long.
    Suejen, are you alright? I loved catching up with you, we see the world through similar eyes 😊 I hope all is well your end and if fasting, you’re holding your own πŸ˜ƒπŸ’•
    PH, how are you today, over all the travels? Lead any more conga lines with your walker??πŸ˜„ I bet you’ve told that story to a few since being home……😊
    Okay, nanny nap done and dusted, quite short, but coffee time then feeding my beloved cows……I’ll check in later team, WE ARE BACK! Life goes on, but what precious memories we have made πŸ˜ŒπŸ’xxxx

Hi CG and all yes I’m here and ok. Had to play the organ at the old folks home this morning for their Easter service. You should hear them singing at the tops of their voices….all out of key, but loving it! Funny that your pitch goes when you get old…or maybe they’ve always been out of tune!
    My FD yesterday got sabotaged by OH, today got sabotaged by my good friend who needed a break from looking after her friend who’s dying of cancer & staying with her. We went for a coffee & a chat & had half a muffin too. I’ll see what I can do to rescue the day from here….should be doable. Really want to do 2 this week to get that extra weight off.
    CG GG PH Gyps GM UP Lotus Annie it was wonderful meeting you all, getting hugs, & getting to know you all a bit better. I enjoyed all of our chats, having lots of fun and laughter together, and of course enjoying wonderful food!
    Up great link – boy how long did it take to train that dog??!!

CG hope your poor foot is OK? That wasn’t much of a welcome home. Gyps hope you get everything sorted at home. Not what you need when you’ve just got back!! Well we’re all back to our normal everyday lives now & ready to tackle 5:2 FD’s and the weight that’s still left to lose (if we have any!). I have 5 weeks until we head to the USA to see our family & new little GD so I’d like to see a few more kilos off so I don’t hit 70+ again. Will see how I go & whether I can break that plateau.
    Up I’d been checking on the FB page too but couldn’t see any new photos so glad you went further & investigated. Byee for now. suejen XXXX

PS Loving the photos as they appear – hope there’s more to come once we all sort out the glitches!

Gyps ….what a pain to return home to. Hope the reno g

oes well and harmony will be restored to your shed.
    I plan for another early night…..did have a CG nanny nap this afternoon …felt very tired after 2hr house clean and pilates this morning ,.so Oscar and I went to the bed.
    UP AND CG what do I look for on FACEBOOK re the criuse pic?
    CG go have that tetanus shot …..you have that split in your heel.please!!
    Tomorrow I will do the shopping before the Easter tourists desend on our town ….cannot handle the shops when its holiday time ….bless them though they bring money and jobs when they visit.
    w
    WELCOME SAL …..HOPE YOU ENJOY ARE THREAD ….YOU WILL GET MORE GOOD ADVISE FROM US NOW THAT SRE REUNION IS OVER….GOOD LUCK
    OFF to have the barra and salad gor dinner. Have a great night team . This time kast week I remember being very excited…..GO GALXXXXXXX

GoGal and others. The FB page is Carnival Afloat. Only pics of staff so far but guests by next week. They are slower than us!

Also remember how my daughter was pecked on the eyelid by a swooping bird on the first day of our reunion? She had to have the tetanus shot for that! For her, the pain was after.

Thanks, Up! How cool that we might see you ladies on the cruise FB page – I finally was able to open your other link and LOL the conga dog! HA. He’d give PH a run for her money, wouldn’t he? I can’t even imagine my pups being that well trained.

Post FD here, and all thoughts of no-breakfast went out the window. That HB egg hardly knew what hit it, along with some whole grain crackers and mustard. A weird “what’s in the desk” meal, but simple and satisfying. I’m really trying to not make a big thing out of simply eating when hungry (whereas before I skipped breakfast no matter WHAT). Getting far too old for rigid rules, must be why I like 5:2 and all of you.

Gyps, thanks again for the photo, I do hope you’re able to take care of things at home without too much angst. Water damage and its aftermath can be the pits. xxx

Fit must be off to the races today, I’m rarely the first to check in! But I’m awaiting a conference call so I’ll send this on and wish everyone good luck whatever is going on today! πŸ™‚ jade xxx

Hi all!
    Yes, Jade…..racing around chasing my tail and no, I’m not being trained to do the samba like UP’ s video star! πŸ˜‰ I was at the dentist, just regular check up, then lunch with my sister and two of the carers who are out on sick leave. Then some yard cleaning in preparation for the party on Saturday because the weather is due to break tonight. Bummer! Off to choir practice in less than an hour, last one before Easter…..phew! I’m tired just reading that back!
    UP, thanks for video link ……hilarious! Also for lovely photos, your daughter is so like you and a real natural beauty like her mum! πŸ˜ƒ
    GG, glad to hear you had a nanny nap, badly needed I’m sure. Enjoy your barra and salad, sounds yum! πŸ˜‹
    SJ, so kind of you to take your carer friend out for a break, very important for her sanity and well being, you’re a good friend πŸ‘πŸ’•
    CG, sorry to hear about your foot injury…..please make sure you get your tetanus shot and keep a close eye on the cut. Great excuse to put the feet up and watch a few old movies or box sets! πŸ˜‰β€οΈ
    Gyps, I know you have a lot on your plate just now but don’t stay away too long. I love your poems and flights of fancy, always a magical ride when you go off on one of your tangents! πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘
    Ok, gotta run again…..surely must be as good as a fast day all this running around? Maybe if I hadn’t stuffed my face at lunch…oops! 😳

Good morning/evening team, Jade so true with rigid rules, but the path we choose to follow is what is working for us. We get the benefits of enjoying life as normal as possible without too many restrictions. Only twice a week do we need to be diligent and even there we become complacent don’t we πŸ˜‰ Enjoy the races and I wish you luck on backing a winner πŸ€”
    Fit, your battery is fully charged as usual, do take time to smell the roses, although lunch with your sister and the carers is lovely, that’s the beauty of incorporating 5:2 into our daily living.
    My scales are my enemy this morning, yuck!! I have gained 3 k in just the one week! I know it will leave as easily as it accumulated, but what a shock. With all the walking we did, so much more than I do here normally, I can only blame breakfast everyday and my choices. Bread every day too, very rare for me. My bodily functions haven’t been normal either whilst away, so know I have so much still in transit and hope in a day or two it will pass πŸ™„ Gaining is NO excuse for giving up or accepting it is the time for my AUSSIE DETERMINATION to kick in and get on with what I know works. I know having a goal without a plan is only a wish! So will knuckle down, plan my meals and get back into it. I don’t regret one meal or drink I had when away, it’s no time for questioning myself, I loved every minute of our reunion, and now will rely on 5:2 to work its magic πŸ˜€
    I woke this morning after a wonderful sleep, like most of us, to the horrible news of more terror attacks in Belgium. How awful! Innocent people going about their lives, most looking forward to holidays or travel with or to families, dreams, all taken from them in a split second. I’m worrying about a few kilos when others are going through such horror. You really learn to put your thoughts into perspective. Life is so beautiful, enjoy every minute team, we are very lucky in this country but who knows for how long.
    I’m planning a day on the mower plus doing the laundry and maybe start the retched job of unpacking. Think positive team, enjoy your day, regrets are useless unless they are lessons learnt. πŸ’•πŸ˜‰ xxxxx

Good morning team. Hope you are all back into your normal routines.
    My day is starting off on a bad note …..I broke a tooth last night while eating a small dark chocolate easter egg watching THE TITANIC….. HAVE now spent 20min on the ph to every dentist in my area . Finally have an appointment at 12md? As you know I am prepared for most things and put some temporary material in the hole that feels like a jagged enterence to a cave.my tongue is sore from the rough job I did as dentist
    have a basket of ironing waiting and anther load of washing.
    CG I lost .5 mkgs expected to gain what you have. Must have been those HSRD ROCK HAMBURGERS. YOU WILL LOSE IT IN NO TIME.
    CATCH YOU ALL LATER……GO GALXXXX

Mornin’ CG, you know you’re right about those few kg, they will soon be gone. Those terrorist attacks are very worrying. It seems no place is safe any more. We’ve had bad news in our parish too, one young man killed in a motorbike accident and another young man seriously injured abroad on holidays after falling off a cliff. So, yes, I’m taking time to smell the roses and to count my blessings. Life is short and very cruel at times. I hope your foot is feeling better. Enjoy being out and about surveying your little corner of paradise! 🌳🌻🌺🌲
    GG, oh dear, that’s really bad luck to break a tooth and it’s so expensive to get fixed too 😩 Don’t overdo the housework……you deserve a rest before facing the dentist!

Hi to all from a very tired PH. . πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€Visitors left yesterday afternoon ,lovely visit, had a great time with them but am really ready to get back to normal. I will have to go through the posts again and re-read as there is so much to take in. Love all the pics and of course the great ODE from Gyps. Glad everyone is safe home βœˆοΈβœˆοΈπŸš™πŸš™πŸšœπŸand what a mess you have come home to Gyps. Hope your Aussie Determination has not all been used up on the WTF as you sure need some left to get your house in order. Im sure your son will be able to sort out your email issues, you can request a new password if you have forgotten your original one. Should have thought of that when we were with you but too much else going on. You could even ring Telstra to sort it out as yours is a BigPond email. Good luck with the cleanup. 🌨🌫Thanks for including Gawd in our group. She certainly is a live wire with many great tales to tell. πŸ’ƒπŸ‘―πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜‚Give her my love.
    SueJen thanks again for your company and care It was a delight to meet you in person. πŸ’•πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’™
    UP it was great to meet you and get to know you. You are one very special lady .
    Annie. Really enjoyed meeting you, hope you enjoy your special retreat as you are such a busy, caring lady you deserve everything that comes your way.
    Lotus, you are a wonderful, caring, beautiful person. I was so pleased to meet you and can’t thank you enough for all the work you put into making our time in Sydney so special.πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’›πŸ€—πŸ€—
    GG. What can I say. You are a real live wire and just ooze love and care. Thanks for everythingπŸ’ƒπŸ˜„πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™
    And last but certainly not least CG. Without you none of this would have happened. It was nice for you to,sit back and enjoy the rideπŸ‘©β€β€οΈβ€πŸ‘©πŸ’…πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ’πŸ’…πŸ’πŸŽ‰ for once. Your continued support for everyone is so special. πŸ’•πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’™ I’m glad you had the last few days enjoying the beautiful sights of Sydney with the rest of the gang. Enjoy being back with your boys and hope everything is good infection wise for you.

Fit and Jade. It was so special to have both of you with us in spirit.
    Let’s get those bottles filled up with coins so that you can come in person for the next one if possible.

And as a final thank you it must go to Gyps for the supply of that exceptional liquid gold in all flavours. 🍹🍹🍹🍹🍹🍸🍸🍸🍸That was such an effort and logistical accomplishment to make all of that and transport it from the top of Australia. A big thank you and am looking forward to sampling more when we next meet. pS. OH is very impressed with the quality. So smooth…

Must go and start unpacking my bags. Have not even had time to do that. Not game to get on the scales until the end of a normal week. A month away doing all things naughty is sure to have some impact. Just hope it is not too bad. First fast day today for some time..welcome to the newby’s and good luck on your journey. Now we are all back on board there will be support for you from everyone.

Have a great day or night everyone πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Wow, PH! What a fantastic post! I’m not surprised you’re running on empty now after the WTF, travelling home and then visitors! Never mind about the scales for now and just concentrate on getting back into a normal routine. Take care πŸ˜€

Hi team, GG, what a shame about your tooth, so bloody frustrating, AND whilst enjoying chocolate! Mmmmmm….They patched mine up before our reunion, but have seeked another opinion regarding the future of my teeth rather than with that guy! Pulling most of them, I’ve never heard so much rot! I hope your outcome and prognosis is better than mine was ☺️ And we can’t have you not smiling, we wouldn’t recognise you πŸ˜„
    PH lovely to see you back posting, you must be exhausted. Living out of suit cases for so long too. Rest up dear girl, don’t put yourself under any pressure or make plans until you are feeling ready to take on the world again in your usual form πŸ˜‰
    Fit, you are so right about the scales, they control so much of our lives and we rely on them to tell our story, which is rediculous, we have all had a fabulous time, even you when enjoying social events, that’s the beauty of our 5:2 way of life,nit’s not all of it, we know it’s very forgiving, and this time next week, we should have very few tell tale signs 😩 I hope!
    Mowing done, I picked a huge bowl of the last of my cherry tomatoes, gee they are so sweet and tasty, the little bushes work so hard in trying weather, feeling back to my normal country self in denim and dust, golly it’s so dry, Please God, give us some rain, good soaking rain, flying over country Victoria and coming in to land, I noticed most dams on properties were either empty or close to, so the whole state is desperate. My vet is coming this arvo to de-horn little Danny and give him his shots and check over, the big farming/dairy concerns don’t bother or do it themselves, but as you know Lexie and Danny Boy are pets, so paying the Vet for them is no difference in paying him to see my boys or Maggie πŸ™„ I keep asking how many over seas trips did I contribute to each year, getting a smirk in reply……
    Enjoy the day team, feet up if needed, take time to be you…..my unpacking will be done as the mood hits, although I did unpack Gypsy’s concoction she made for me to check it’s safety, it travelled well wrapped in my undies 😏 So a nightly sip will be enjoyed to bring back pressious memories β˜ΊοΈπŸ’•….
    ..sleep tight Fit, gain strength for another busy day, Jade I hope your horse comes home first, and not still in the stables wondering if it feels like a sleep-in, like most of mine are on Cup Day, the only day I place a bet, πŸ˜ƒ Chat later team xxxxxxx (thinking of you GG at the dentist)

Good morning/afternoon one and all.
    FIT – I LOVE IKEA!!!! We did our kitchen layout in Qld with them and are about to do the same here in Warburton. You can spend hours there and we invariably come out with way more than we went for.

Love all the photos that have been posted of the get together.

GYPS, what a wonderful way to remember your trip,
    Every laugh, every tear and every sip.
    Putting adventures into rhyme,
    Having such a wonderful time.
    Your words are definitely a perfect way
    To describe WTF’ers heading into the fray.
    Thanks for sharing with us all.
    Maybe next year others will answer the call.

Sometimes weird things happen. I read making sure I am on the last page then post and after I post a whole lot of new stuff comes in above me that I’ve not read.

Goodness, the Aussie Determination is being tested, isn’t it. GG that’s just plain cruel, having a tooth break while eating chocolate. As CG said, I hope you get an easy time of it at the dentist. My dentist can get pull happy, too, CG, and I keep saying no thank you I’ve had these for too many decades to give them to you. And I know what you mean about sending the vet on cruises, but she can have them, I wouldn’t trade my boys for anything. Hey take care of that foot, would you? I’ve heard a lot of advice headed your way but nothing about you getting it actually checked out. And girl, you tell that scale who’s boss! I love it.

Hey there Fit! Boy you did have a busy day – sounds like it was a grand mix. And a visit to the dentist for you too? But just routine, thank heavens. My day pales in comparison, just work, more work, a lecture and reception that OH was nice enough to attend with me, and finally home. Now if my chest just weren’t on fire, darn stupid cold, i wish I could catch one like a normal person and get over it. Instead I spend about 10 days maybe/maybe not getting sick, thought I had it licked yesterday, then BOOM I definitely have it. Little miss overachiever.
    PH whew, I’m tired just reading about all you’ve been doing. You had better rest up! All of you probably need a good long rest after all the excitement. And thank you all again for making us side-liners feel as though we were there πŸ’•πŸ˜˜ I will start my jar of coins now!
    My big success for the day was keeping my paws out of the candy dishes. BOY did I have the munchies, and of course trolled the whole darn school and there wasn’t a scrap of decent food anywhere. I had polished off my “lunch” by 10 a.m. Small victories…and now I will go practice what I preach and get some rest. πŸ˜΄πŸ’€ –jade xxxxxxx
    ps hey Genie, we crossed 😊

Take care of yourself Jade, a cold can be so miserable and also affect your whole body. Stay warm drink lots of fluids, and if your weather is chillie, get stuck into some homemade veggie soup, perfect for a cold and 5:2. Do you have to go to work? Getting out of a warm bed and facing cold weather isn’t good. My thoughts and best wishes for a speedy recovery are with you β˜ΊοΈπŸ’Xxxx

Hi all!
    CG, I’m glad you’re getting a second opinion on your tooth. I haven’t had any teeth pulled except when getting braces in my 20’s. My dentist wouldn’t dream of pulling a tooth, I have some enormous fillings with very little tooth but it’s still better than pulling it out and all the problems that causes.😬 I absolutely love cherry tomatoes…..mmmm and so good for you!πŸ… Gosh, I hope you get some rain soon, seems like there’s nothing but extremes of weather everywhere. I bet Gyps would gladly send you a few showers. πŸ’¨πŸ’¦
    Genie, I haven’t done a whole ikea room but I have tables, rugs, lamps, shelving and storage…..also a few gadgets and kitchenware. As I said……addictive! Well done on your little ode too! πŸ‘πŸ˜€
    Jade, I think your day sounds way more exhausting than mine and you were working too! What a nasty cold, you must be a bit run down for it to be still hanging on like that and coming around for seconds! Like most teachers, you probably never take a sick-day and will keep going until you drop in your tracks. Try to get home early and snuggle up in your jammies with OH and a hot toddy or three! πŸ˜‰πŸΉπŸΉπŸΉ
    I hope everyone else is coming down to earth gently after the big trip. Looking forward to seeing more photos and hearing more tales! Take care, y’all!

Evening all.it took 7hrs for the injection to wear off after my filling was replaced. I was dribbling each time I had fluid. Now have a sore jaw and am bruised inside my mouth. Just had my friend the soft boiled egg tonight for dinner.
    I am thinking back to this time last week …..we were all VERY MERRY…..all partaking in Gyps’s brews and the Sav. Each one of us was chatting nonstop to the others there were voices and hsppy faces all round.
    The memories are there in abundance.
    Taking things quietly over the Easter break….if weather is good OH and I wil go fishing .other than that no plans.
    FIT are all the party plans in place? Is it going yo be a surprise for your OH?
    Hope all is going ok for our Gyps and thatnit has stopped raining.
    Have a good FD tomorrow….C U then…..GO GALXXXXX

Hi Fit, wishing you a lovely day ahead, as I’m fighting to keep my eyes open whilst having my night time coffee, before falling into bed 😏 It’s been a productive day, mainly in the garden, great out side weather, but physically I’m feeling it. With Easter this Friday and a holiday Monday, my aerobics and exercises wont start till next Wednesday, and I know, I’ll be in for one big struggle πŸ™„ Staying busy here helps, but it’s different, here I rest/sit when I feel the need and just the week away has put me back into giving in grrrrr, but not for long! I’m not an experienced traveller and glad I wasn’t one of the early explorers either, my AUSSIE DETERMINATION might have kicked in, but it’s lagging behind at the moment. The tiredness is taking over, I guess the build up, the excitement, full of anticipation and expectations even before I got on the plane. Then with the (almost) week we had together, has exhausted me ☺️ I’m glad I live in the slow pace of the country 😌 The second opinion is manditory Fit, regarding having “that” guy ready to pull most of my teeth for cosmetics, back in the day…..they would do anything to save your teeth, well within reason, I know it’s all changed, but have gone through so much anxiety over the years with dentists, I’m not letting anyone pull them out now! A partial plate I would consent too if there was no other way with a couple of teeth, but will cross that bridge when I get to it πŸ˜€ My Mother would be rolling over in her grave at his suggestion, she was a stickler of looking after your teeth at all cost! Anyway, enough of that, I go next week to another dentist so will let you know. I hope you get some ME time today, you so well deserve it.
    GG is doing well, I spoke to her earlier, the numbness was almost gone, so it all sounds good too.
    So off to bed team, chat in the morning, a fast day for most of us before the Easter Bunny tempts us….as if we need it! πŸ˜‰πŸ’žxxxxxxx

Hi there GG, glad to hear that you got your tooth sorted…..dribbling and drooling, quite a contrast to last week……or maybe not! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ Party plans are going well but it’s not a surprise because we discussed lots of options for how to celebrate and this is what OH opted for, as well as a city break somewhere in Europe with our girls later in the year when we’re all together. I’m getting through the house cleaning bit by bit and the food is going to be catered, so keeping the stress levels as low as possible! I’m a bit of an anxious hostess and lots of the guests are staying over so we’ll be having a big Irish breakfast for everyone the next morning.
    CG, I’m not surprised you’re feeling the effects of the WTF catching up on you now so ease back into your usual routine with lots of nanny naps and cuddling with your boys…..bliss!
    Hope to Skype with you both early next week before I go to France because I’ll have very limited access to Internet over there. I’ll be gone from the 30th March to the 11th April. 😍😍

Good morning/evening team. I’m feeling quite embarressed, my home care girl just woke me!! I was in the deepest sleep. She saw me limping and holding my back and asked, is that what I have to look forward too? πŸ™„ Well I think I’ve caught up on my sleep, I knew I was tired but being woken at 8:30 is slightly embarressing. Worse things can happen I guess. So on the deck in my jammies, nice milky coffee to get the heart started πŸ˜ƒ The mowing yesterday took it’s toll too. Hoping to do a bit of shopping, just fresh food today, but other than that a lazy day is planned ☺️ Wrong time to be at the shops I know, but no choice 😏
    Good luck with fasting today team, it’s Easter right on us, so give your body a chance before we start getting tempted with chocolate ☺️ Think positive, you are what you think πŸ’•πŸ˜€xxxxx

FD for me today too. It will be a busy day cleaning to ensure the house is sparkling. The house sitter is coming to visit tomorrow and we want to create a good impression. I should burn a few calories cleaning anyway.
    Tuna salad tonight in preparation for ONE hot cross bun tomorrow morning. Hopefully my weigh in tomorrow will make me feel good and I can then enjoy the treat.
    GG – sorry to hear about your tooth but an enjoyable way to break it I suppose.chocolate and disaster movies, I would be in heaven.
    SAL – others have responded with great advice. I only weigh in once a week but each person does what works for them. I don’t have any carbs on FD’s and, as others have said, I try to stay away from them on other days but in saying that I do have a wee treat now and again. Usually half a yummy slice with my coffee at the local cafe. OH and I always buy one thing and halve it.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,451 through 12,500 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.