Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,301 through 11,350 (of 14,786 total)

• Golly Fit, that’s my second nomination today! I’m supposed to be losing weight but the swelled head you lot are giving me is preventing it happening πŸ˜‰ Yes it’s a worrying state of affairs, fortunately they have so many others in the back ground with the controls in hand, whoever wins a only a figure head……..with plenty of money…..that’s the unfortunate part, there are a lot of clever, human, down to earth prople who could do a far better job, but don’t have the finances needed to run. Money speaks very loud, the more money, the louder they are, but it doesn’t mean there is a brain in gear does it?πŸ’Xxxxxx

Hi All
    Thanks for all the good tips and encouragement it’s appreciated and great to see 5:2 is working for everyone in real life. ✨✨ goodnight from the East coast A.

PH such a lovely story – thank you! It’s always so nice to check in here (after reading the morning paper and all its frights) to see what’s good in the world.
    Fit, that sounds more like a bit of nerve pain to me, instead of muscle, what with the arm motion relief. Hope you get it sorted soon, because ouch xxx. Not sure if you like chiros (I just can’t, never could) but might give you some relief.
    CG it’s settled, you could clear up the mess that is US politics – it’s all making me weary.
    Oops, look at the time – off to the showers and then to fashion fine young minds not to turn into the mush that I saw on TV last night πŸ™‚ xxxxx

Hi JL this is the first post I’ve seen since I last wrote which I think was Sunday. the posts have just stopped coming? Barb xxx

Good Morning….
    Medical insurance does have a way of controlling us lately especially since Obamacare was introduced. The insurance co. Said that since her coverage was in Ny, she would need to live here in Fl with us for 6 consecutive months before they would consider agreeing to switch…. My first thought…. What the heck does that even mean? Consider agreeing? Ugg! She just can’t move without insurance, she has to see a heart dr for her pace macker at least once a month. We’re still in talks anyways.
    Thanks all for welcoming me back with open arms…. It really helps! As far as the heart burn, I still have it but it has lessened but still there. I’m hoping once I have my morning meal, it will go away!
    All righty, I must head to work now!

Hi all, welcome newies. It’s 3.30 am and I am wide awake! Well done CG on your new vital statistics!
    Saw a program on our SBS channel last night called “Is sugar the new fat?” from New Zealand. The amount of sugar hidden in some food is horrific. I didn’t see it all as OH was flicking in between that and Foyles War, which I love, but he did record it for full viewing later. OH is a type 2 diabetic and his doctor calls some of those foods “poison” for him. I am trying to avoid a certain fast food restaurant that was featured.
    Went to the doctor’s yesterday with a sore big toe and have an ingrown toenail for the first time ever. I also had to have my ears syringed due to wax build up, unpleasant but it works. Weight is going down s l o w l y! Back to bed for hopefully a few hours more sleep. Noots

Poor you, noots! I almost got up to log on last night when I couldn’t sleep but I couldn’t face getting out in the cold……it was freezing last night, brrrrr! 😱 I hope your toe gets sorted soon, that’s very sore. My OH has to have his ears syringed regularly too, it does improve things but never lasts long.
    Bert, what sort of nonsense is that about your MIL’s insurance! Do none of the powers that be have family members or do they all have their heads up their a#%*?
    I think you might be right about nerve problem, Jade, so if it’s not any better tomorrow I’ll get on to my physio. Best of luck informing all those malleable minds before they become polluted by politicians and bigots.
    Barb, are you just checking your emails or the website itself? Sometimes the emails don’t come through, I think.
    Ali, keep up the good work!
    CG, don’t worry, we won’t let your head get too big! I’m delighted to say that we have got a care manager for my sister! She won’t be able to start for a couple of months but that’s ok….it’s such a relief!

Good morning/evening team, Fit what fabulous news, your life will begin to take on a different meaning for you now πŸ˜ƒYou can plan ahead, you can go to that lovely holiday home of yours in France and above all….you can relax, I’m really happy for you πŸ’• All very much deserved…
    Bert what a load of crock! All this “fellow Americans” means nothing to your health Dept! It’s very much a case of “we only look after our own States” poohoo! Why is it not transfereable? Is it insurance paid from work (which we don’t have) or self funded, (which we do, and can live anywhere) and surely, people move, they retire to the sunny states etc……move closer to their adult children, (saving the gov’t age care costs) same as you are trying to organise…….what a mess, you poor girl, I do hope you find a resolution xx and your gov’t gets it’s act together!
    Jade good luck in sorting out your young studies, maybe a future health minister amongst them!😏 Someone with comon sense to unite all health funds, especially those due to senior citizens……..that system is holding people captive!
    Noots, I watched the same doco….if it’s such a world wide problem, why the hell is it not law that food manufacturors aren’t forced to reduce or even cutout all that “crap” they have proven the dangers with obesity, tooth decay,even in kids as young as TWO, and the total cost to the health system, how can they get away with it? Even our fruit trees have been doctored to be sweeter! Ingrown toenails are cruel. I often have problems with mine and as I’ve aged, they have changed shape as in they curl, they seem higher in the midfle and curl either side of the tow pinching it…..the joys of aging. And wax filled ears really plays havoc on hearing, it’s awful. And how good that your weight is moving, no matter how s.l.o.w.l.y!
    Off to the pool and gym soon, (strengthening exercises for the “oldies”) so more pleasure and pain to come 😜 I’m fasting today as being busy suits it better for me making it very easy, I don’t obsess about food, but if having a lazy day in front of the telly, no matter how rare, what better than coffee’s and nibbles (even a whiskey and zero☺️) so being busy is the key and then MAYBE another fast, or semi Friday, last weeks third fast didn’t do much for the scales, so the slow and steady path of the original 5:2 having two a week could be enough for me πŸ˜‰
    CALOURIES Are tiny little creatures that live in our wardrobes and sew all our clothes a little tighter every night”

” When life puts you in a tough situation, don’t think Why me….think TRY me!” So c’mon team we ARE Aussie Determination….BRING IT ON πŸ˜€πŸ’•xxxxxxxx

Sorry about the typos, trying to rush before my shower, can’t even correct my spelling as edit has gone!…πŸ˜‰ Be forgiving πŸ’•Xxxxx

CG totally forgiven.. Love the quote, am going to put it on my fridge..TRY ME Is such a trigger for determination to overcome that if I saw it on the fridge when I go to look for something it will strengthen my resolve. I too watched the doco on sugar . Reinforced what I had already read but the best bit is that OH watched it with me and finally he got it! Hopefully no more “things to try” because of the advertising on the packaging…πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
    Bert. Trying to Understand about the medical insurance situation in the US. What was in place before Obamacare was introduced? I’m guessing that it is run by each state and is not a federal responsibility like here in OZ. is it run by private companies or the government? We do not realise just how lucky we are in Australia with our health care provisions compared to the USA. Hope you get something sorted soon.

Jade Good luck with fashioning your fine young minds. I’m sure you are very good at it. There are some amazing young people around and I would be happy to be left in their care. Would be nice to,have them trained by someone other than the politicians we have at the moment though. At least Trump got Trumped
    In The first primary though…πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Going to post as I go..back soon

It’s ok, CG, we can still understand you! Totally agree with all you said about the American take on health insurance….it’s ridiculous! Thanks for the kind words about the care for my sister. It’s going to make a big difference to all the family, my sister included, because now we have the reassurance that she can stay in her own home for the foreseeable future. Enjoy the pool and hope the gym session isn’t too tough πŸ˜‰

Back again…watched Q&A on iview Last night. Loved the discussion on moving the date of Australia Day. And the suggestion to leave it till we become a republic and then take that date as Australia Day. Very impressed with Stan Grant, an indigenous journalist, he made so much sense. And conveyed what he had to say in such a respectful manner. Hope he goes into politics soon for our sakes..although he may be too nice for all of the goings on that seems to be the norm these days. Maybe he should join the Nick Xenophon Team.
    Decided to have another day off the pool today as the aquarobics may be too much for me at this stage. I’ll go down to the local pool and do some exercise there this afternoon.
    fFIT. Forgive the stutter….hope you get some relief for your neck and shoulderπŸ’•πŸ’• and wonderful news about the care manager..good things come to those who wait and you and your family have waited till you found the right person…πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
    Nice to hear from you Noots. S l o w l y but surely wins the race they say. At least you are going down…

Fast day again for me today also. Had a good NFD yesterday. Just 1400 ,even with my wonderful treat,and TDEE 2000 so going to try to keep to around the 1400 most fast days and see if that will get me moving again.

Have a great day all…

PH, enjoy the more relaxing time at the pool. Thanks for the concern and kind wishes. Anti-inflammatory tablets are helping so I’ll take one before I go to bed and hopefully get a good night’s sleep.

Insurance companies are crazy, my mil insurance is half retirement paid and the other half self pay. The problem is that we really don’t have a choice anymore, we are more or less being forced into having medical insurance. For example, my insurance through work is awful and expensive but since my employers offer it, I can not go to another company even if it’s self pay nor get on obamacare because it’s offered through my work. So since my family (my husband and I, the kids do see traditional doctors if all other measures have not worked) ( FYI…. I have a 20 yo and a 17yo who have as of yet had any infections or serious health concerns) doesn’t believe in traditional medicine, we are forced to carry the insurance we don’t use. Others in my family however do see traditional doctors on a reg basis.
    Noots….. Sorry to hear about your toes…. Have you tried soaking your tootsies in Epsom salt? Works wonders to draw out not only the nail but any infections as well…..
    I agree with the sugar in many foods, especially love the creative words the use to hide it….. It’s crazy that sugar has such a high value in the world today. It’s a growing problem, so many people including myself that have a sugar addiction.
    PH…. Before obamacare, there was and still is Medicaid which was/is given to families of lower economic standing, middle class and upper class, I would say it was whether or not you wanted based on affordability and if it was offered as a benefit through employment. You did not have to have it…. If you didn’t want it nor couldn’t afford it. Now, you by law must have it and will receive a monetary fine of a percentage of your income for not having it. One way or another you will pay either by having it or not. Crazy right?
    Well, ladies today went wonderful, and hoping for another successful day tomorrow.
    I did start doing 10 squats every time I used the restroom….. I figured since I was going in the an awful lot these days, I would make my trips more beneficial. 10 squats each time, they take all of 30 sec. I’m easily up to 100 squats a day…… 🚺

Hi folks. Lots of interesting posts so I’m not going to try and respond to everybody individually. Fit I hope you get your neck, shoulder pain sorted out. It sounds like a pinched nerve. Possibly some systemic non steroidal anti-inflammatories might be called for if it doesn’t settle down shortly. Yes Noots I too am angry about all the hidden sugars that are allowed to be added to our foodstuffs. For instance I do not like Australian jam at all. Why? because it has far more sugar than those from other countries. Breakfast Cereals are another problem. Then there are foods labelled ” low fat” but loaded with sugar. As consumers and tax payers we should be able to see quite easily what our foods contain.
    I had an interesting meal last night. We were invited to a friends place for a BBQ. Both of them are VERY thin. Too thin I’d say. Although I didn’t really come away hungry I must say that our portions were pretty small. I’m sure most of the blokes would have stil have l felt a bit peckish. Then, as is the custom, we all took a bottle of wine and a few beers. We were poured one drink each ( small glass ) before we sat down to eat we one during the meal. I had to avoid my other friend’s gaze as she was obviously expecting the odd glass more. She does this weird squint thing with her eyes and I’d have struggled not to burst out laughing.
    I’m trying a new tweak to my meals f NFD. I’m going to try and not have breakfast. ie only two meals a day. It’s 11am here and so far I’ve only had a few cups of coffee with a dash of skim milk. I can’t say I’m feeling hungry- yet! No doubt, time will tell.
    CG I forgot to congratulate you on those measurements what a great reduction you’ve had all round. Well done you.
    XX the Dawg

Morning all yes don’t get me started about hidden sugars let alone the amount of them. But having said that I noticed with MFP that sodium is another problem. I hadn’t anywhere finished my entries one day but noticed that the sodium total was already in the red – way over. Salt does make me retain fluid & the scales inevitably go up. An english muffin had 261 a chicken burrito (small one) had a whopping 950 & I made some ham & egg frittata thingies & they were 985 – from the ham I guess. Massive amounts…even noticed in the 2 slices of that special bread I bought that it was 522 sodium in just one slice!!
    Doggie interested to read your new tweak to NFD’s. I had a lovely meal last night with our friends over & celebrated with champers & then some wines & of course the weight pops up again. Not sure how I’d go skipping brekky every morning but gonna have to do something to get off this darn plateau. You’re a laugh Dawg with not being able to look at your friend & her weird squinty thing πŸ™‚
    My scales are evil EVIL EVIL! I tell you. For about the last week they first very briefly flash 69. something at me…and then they say 70.4 70.6 or the like & stay there. I mean……why rub it in even further???!!! Can they read my mind?
    Bert nice to see you back. I’m in awe of your 10 squats every time you use the restroom. Clever thinking.
    CG interesting isn’t it that a 3rd fast doesn’t seem to do much. Does our system just tend to hold onto everything cos we’re challenging it too much? LOve the Not whye my….but TRY me. It’s great and sounds just like you I reckon!!
    Oh Fit how wonderful a care manager at last for your sister. So happy & relieved for you all…that time will just fly by now you know that it’s going to happen. {{ }}
    Noots the slowly doesn’t matter so long as the movement is down!

Well into another NFD for me & being careful so I start off tomorrow’s FD on a better note. Will keep cals low today & do plenty of exercise. Determined to add in an exercise video & decided that I would start tonight. I waste plenty of time on my bum watching telly so going to convert some of that into exercise. Will have to call on every ounce of my aussie determination to NOT just sit down on the couch at the end of the day & veg out. Let’s see how we go. suejen XXXX

Hi to Gyps Up Genie GG WB Milena Jade & anyone I’ve missed!!

Hello lovely Aussies! I’ve lived to fight another day, with Tuesday classes done. My students are writing a long paper this week and very needy; next week I will have to grade them ; then I’ll have to return the papers with grades they don’t like. I suppose I should enjoy this week a little more. Rest assured no Trumps could possibly pass my class. I do require logic!
    Bert – yes insurance is frustrating, and I’ve read about the troubles moving states. PH you nailed it. Universal healthcare is a great idea, but doing it state-by-state (as they were forced to do), with all the different objections and refusals for Medicaid expansion thrown in, and with the insurance companies still basically running the show (not my first choice of trust) all just makes it so much harder than it has to be. Grr politics. It’s not as though there aren’t great examples of how single-payer works. Our country is quite divided about everything at the moment.
    Doggy – what an interesting story about your thin hosts! I would have burst out laughing too if I caught someone’s eye. The food is one thing, but I’d certainly want more than one glass. Ah well, I always offer far too much when I host anything, mostly because I’ve made β€œback-ups” in case of flops. Ha, when everyone’s good and wined up, there are no flops – it all tastes great!
    Fit – yay a care manager for your sis! Finally – yes as someone said all good things come. Good to look forward to and what a relief for everyone. Hope the anti-inflams works their miracles overnight. I’m sending St. Anthony back to you for some intervention with the neck pain.
    Noots, you are singing my tune re the food mfrs, they just burn me up. Put any sugar, additives, etc. in there that will make people buy more and more. To hell with any concern about our health, as long as they profit. And still we see the labels: β€œfat free” or β€œall natural” and it’s all just #$%^ing sugar.
    CG hope the pool was fun and your trainer not so demanding for a change? I fasted β€œwith” you today though it’s Tuesday here – a super busy day so finally it didn’t feel very hard. D’oh – what took me so long to rearrange my FDs?? I know what you mean about those slow days. Sunday felt like it lasted forever.
    Gosh it feels good to be home and just curled up with puppies – good luck to anyone riding the fast bus today. I’m getting off at the next stop (in just an hour or so). xxxx
    ps SJ just saw your post – yes the scale is EVIL. I’ve put mine in mothballs for a few weeks it made me so mad.

Hi team, just home, had a haircut and a few highlights with my new hairdresser, when she finished I asked if she were planning on getting pregnant in the near future! I said over the years every time I find a new hairdresser, who actually listens to what I want, they get pregnant and leave…..she reassured me, no way…….with three teenage kids, she’s well past it……stranger things have happened…right?
    Doggy, I’m worried about all the wine and beer you all took, only to end up with one glass! Did you get the option to take it back home, or did the hosts add it to their own pile?πŸ˜ƒ…..or were you silly enough to let them have it?😟
    Golly, the new topic is politics and additives…..maybe a mix of both, wonder if we could toss the lot out and start fresh and natural with both? Natural normal people and natural healthy foods like the picture on the lable suggests? The world would be such a better place, profits still made, gov’t spending less because the population would be healthier……..dream on……
    My fast is going well although had an iced coffee at the hairdressers which will be calculated into my cals. ( probably with all that hidden sugar grrr) A bit of soup on heating up (would love some grilled cheese on toast with it) then fish for dinner. I often wonder if I should add up all the cals “I feel like or yearn” and check the tally at the end of the day …..TO SEE WHAT I DIDN’T HAVE😊
    I’d probably have a whiskey to celebrate😟
    Hang in there team, we are not defeatest, no matter what life or 5:2 offers…WE CAN DO IT! Xxxxxxx BRING IT ON 😊

On ya CG asking your HAirdresser straight out. But she hopes you don’t jinks her….especially if she has teenage kids. My hairdresser is male thank goodness. But when I had to go to someone else for a while as travelling to Coffs too expensive the lady I chose and liked got pregnant too. But you feel good about yourself now. Wonderful what few highlights do for one. I’m going well today. Nothing at all so far….and it is 5pm. Going to try and get through to Dinnertime today with just water. But have trusty cucumbers out of the garden at the ready just in case. WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS!!!πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Woohoo PH, well done, you ARE kickin’ butt…..golly you will be a size 14 before you know it. Have you been surprised how easy it IS to go that long before eating.? I know when I originally suggested missing breakfast 12-14 months ago, I was met with shock horror, but because I did it, passed it on to the team. Really what you ARE doing is extending your overnight fast πŸ˜ƒ and on fasting days if you can hold off on lunch too, it gives you most of your cals for a healthy satisfying dinner, (or have your main meal in the middle of the day) and an evening hot drinkπŸ˜‰ it’s just a matter of staying busy, not obsessing, and keeping up with fluids. Our meal times are basic habits, also from the early farming days when the men needed all that food to sustain them through daylight till sundown hard yakka! We don’t need that now…….well done, I’m having soup tonight, quite a wintery feel about it today and plenty left over from the mug I had earlier after aerobics and gym πŸ˜€ Enjoy your evening and I hope you are on the mend xxxxx

SJ my scales are more evil than yours. After being 121.8 on Sunday morning post FD and eating within my calories that day i was 122.5 on Monday. I ate 200 calories below the 1500 target i gave myself (supposed to eat 1800) and was still 122.5 on Tuesday. Tuesday i ate 925 calories cause i was busy and by the time i got home i had time to grab dinner before heading off to the theatre. I took 40g coles simply less chocolate to the theatre as a snack.That was in the 925. Today i weighed 123.3. Ive been drinking my water and doing my steps so its probably water retention from the steroids. Today i had my FD and am at just over 400. If i have gained tomorrow i will cut off my arm to make the darn scales go down πŸ™‚ I weigh naked and in the morning before eating or drinking so theres no randomness in the measurements.

Truly my body is not playing the game!

Ax

Annie I know you feel disheartened but stick with it, your system is getting used to your new way of eating, if you are following the rules and limiting your carbs, as best you can, you will notice a decrease in a week or so, and it will be quite a bit in a short time, as in 1-2k so don’t give up!πŸ˜‰πŸ’ xxxxxx

Annie, just thinking, if you could make most of your daily intake come mainley from greens, salads etc and veggies, of course some protein and a bit of fruit, really reduce your carbs, and take carrot straws to the movies instead of chocolate (not as exciting I know) but once you start losing, you can then have the occassional treat, such as bread, rice, pasta….. etc, but I’d be totally cutting all that out to begin with, even look at what you are drinking……hope that suggestion helps πŸ˜‰πŸŒ·xxx

Thanks for the encouragement – I won’t give up. I don’t eat many carbs at all. No rice, pasta or potato whatsoever. I eat one slice of bread a day for brekkie with my egg and that’s it. I eat only fish, either tinned salmon or steamed cod or barramundi or prawns which I have with snow peas, celery, carrot, onion and zucchini. The chocolate I eat is Coles simply less which is low sugar and only 20g and is 80cals. Sometimes I have a bikkie with my cuppa and I only buy sugar free and they are 25cals each. There are not many carbs to ditch! I think it’s the steroids to be honest. Oh well

Annie I can only hope things improve for you, 5:2 really has to work for you as your eating habits have changed. I’m glad your staying with it and sure you should see some results before too long πŸ˜‰πŸŒ·xxx

Morning all……..
    My heart burn disappeared after I ate something yesterday…. I forgot to mention that…
    Sue….. I noticed a while back that mfp maybe a bit off when it calculates the macro nutrients. So, I don’t pay as much attention to them as I once did. I also drink more fluids to combat the salt I take in. Don’t get dishearten by what mfp is telling you, try self calculating and see if that’s better.
    Annie…… Put the knife away….. I really like your arm! Sometimes especially on the 5:2, one can’t always rely on the scales to determine how successful we are. Here’s an example of what I mean……. Last week, My scale said I gained 2 lbs…… Oh my was I upset……. HOWEVER, when I got dressed for the day, I put on a pair of pants, I wore to work the week before that fit nicely and walked to the kitchen. By the time I arrived to the kitchen, the pulling had began. Literally, gravity and I were in a tug of war and I eventually ended up putting a belt on. So, my pants ended up in my too big box later that night.
    Although my scales were being mean and grouchy, my pants were singing a different tune than the week before. Sure, I gained 2 lbs but my clothes made the week successful in my eyes. Keep going strong……. Your doing wonderfully!

Annie……
    This is my favorite post to read especially after a hard day…… Maybe you’ll like it too

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

Hi all!
    Had quite a good night thanks to anti-inflammatory meds, so things are improving. I think you’re right, Dawg about the pinched nerve as I had something very similar with the other shoulder a few months ago. I wonder what causes it though? I had to laugh at your description of rationed portions handed out at the bbq. I am a dreadful giggler and would probably have choked trying to keep in the laughter if I had been there πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜…
    Bert, love the idea of doing squats every time you go to the loo! Dr. M has suggestions for exercises you can do as you do everyday chores e.g. Squats while you brush your teeth, wall push ups, waist trims while gathering up the laundry, lunges while hoovering etc. It’s a good way to get the exercise done almost without knowing. Now all I have to do is get off my butt and walk the walk myself!
    SJ, I do sympathise with you about the scales and I’ve promised myself that I’m going to start measuring again because, although there’s not much happening on the scales, I feel OK in my clothes so maybe there is some improvement there. Hang on in there, pal, the 69s will come! I’ve noticed that about the salt content on mfp, I can’t believe how high it seems to be even though I don’t add salt to anything and I eat mostly fresh foods….it’s hard to believe it can really be that high!
    PH, you’re doing really well pushing back your eating time until later in the day….it all helps in retraining our bodies to know when we’re actually hungry and not just going by the clock or habit. Well done πŸ‘
    AA, very frustrating for you about the scales, it must be the steroids so don’t let it get you down….the health benefits are still there and the losses will come in time xx
    CG, delighted to hear about your lovely new hairdo, sounds fab. It’s great to know that your hairdresser won’t be abandoning you, now that you’ve found one that works for you. Great job on fasting and healthy meals, you have this wol down to a fine art! πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ
    Well, I’ve given myself an uphill battle for this week’s weigh in. My OH brought me back a toblerone (what else?) and I put it out of sight until yesterday evening when I decided to celebrate getting a new carer for my sister……you can guess the rest….sigh! So I’m trying a semi fast today and my usual fast tomorrow but I’m sure I’ll still be up on last week☹️
    I’ll be busy with French and dancing today so maybe I can do better than I thought…..bust a few extra moves on the dance floor….oh, wait….can’t do that with the sore shoulder…..bummer!
    Jade, glad to hear you got through such a busy day and fasted well too. Thanks for sending St. Anthony too! It’s an awful pity Trump didn’t have a teacher like you when it mattered! Imagine marking his essays!!

Well really did smash it today. 368clas. dJust my normal fast day dinner of fish and vegies followed by an apple and a cup of lemon myrtle tea. Lots of water through the day. Hopefully will see some movement tomorrow when I weigh. But have not been counting on MFP every day like I planned to. Anyway wait and see. Just super pleased that I could not have anything at all until 7pm. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Annie. I find it so frustrating weighing every day. Get fluctuations like yours all the time. Over the many years I have been dieting I have always found it best to weigh on just one day per week. Preferably on the day after you eat normally..eg used to do it on a Wednesday as it was the middle of the week and any weekend effects should have been negated. On 5.2 I only weigh the morning after my second fast for the week. That way my fluid levels should be the same each week. I find fluid plays a large part of the fluctuations. So because I fast Monday’s and Wednesday’s I weigh only on Thursday mornings after my shower before I get dressed. Saves all the negative frustration each day when you don’t like what you see.
    I do understand that your medication is having an impact however you have come so very far with your journey this time. Hang in there and we will all be here for you. {{{{{πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—}}}}}. You can do this way of life ongoing and it is just one step at a time. Don’t be in too much of a hurry as your body does have to adjust to everything. It is hard if you don’t have many carbs to cut out in the first place. I was like that also however we are eating better foods, are aware of reading labels for hidden nasties and looking after ourselves. You can’t do more than you are with your commitment to exercise. Focus on smelling the roses for a while. πŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ YOU CAN DO THIS πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ you are strong πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ..
    I have also found over the years that if you regularly eat less than you should for your weight then you don’t have enough energy to actually burn the fat off and your body goes into starvation mode. Are you eating enough protien etc on non fast days?? According to your post you are eating way less than the recommended amount. If you are busy then prepare lunch the night before..say a pre grilled chicken breast, and maybe a hard boiled egg and a decent size salad so that you have a nutritious lunch ready to go when you are. You can do a couple of days at a time if you don’t put the dressing on the salad till you eat it. I used to do that the days I worked. Good luck…πŸ’œπŸ’œ

Fit our posts crossed. Great you are feeling a bit better..slowly does it. That the first treat of a toblorone you have had for a while. Hope you enjoyed it. Had a good fast day today but can’t believe that each one is so different. One day it is easy to go through and the next time you try you need to eat just after lunch..oh well guess it depends on how you feel . Today I had a good day making wide bottom slacks for my daughter from a pattern I cut off one of her friends slacks. Hope they fit as they look great, and so simple to make..once I cut the pattern. Also did my annual budget revamp.. You know, trying to find more income than there actually is and then realising that what you had last year is what you get this year…never mind one can still have some dreams. So all in all a productive day with lots of couch time in between jobs. Ready to enjoy my bridge tomorrow.
    Just had my first Skype with my 6 day old grandaughter and she stayed awake the whole time. Ain’t technology grand!! Son and partner are just oozing happiness it is so great to see. πŸ‘«πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ‘«

Nite nite folks. Hope everyone has had a great day..πŸŒΉπŸŒ·πŸŒΈπŸ’πŸŒ» stopping to smell the Roses…

Aw, PH, how lovely is that to see your gorgeous little gd….yes, technology can be truly wonderful when used for good! What a brilliant fd too, you surely have found your Aussie determination and are rocking this wol….woohoo!πŸ˜€πŸ‘βœŒοΈπŸ‘πŸ’ͺ✊❀️

Oh the unified frustration for the scale. Truly, I have banished mine for now. Bert, YES, let something else weigh in (ha) on the changes taking place, like our clothes. You really showed that scale who’s boss. Annie, it just has to be the steroids and water retention (though somewhat similarly I do look forward to a weight loss from a haircut…how silly right?). But I still agree, SJ, your scale is evil. To tease you with the 60s and then snatch it back, NOT FAIR. But it is fighting a losing battle and it even seems to know it.

Well, I can feel good changes in me even if my scale doesn’t agree. So I’m sticking with my latest-and-greatest plan of just doing 5:2 and not using the scale. After all, if the scale DOES show a loss but I don’t feel any different, why on earth would I be happier about that.

On more pleasant subjects, PH what a joy to Skype with little miss Ruthie. Technology can be so awesome, and I can picture the huge smile you must have had the whole time. πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚

Fit I’m so glad to hear you’re doing better with the anti-inflam. I have to chalk that up to your Aussie determination, too – being positive that you’ll improve does work some kind of magic, along with the actual medications of course. Maybe 5:2 helped that inflammation reduce as well! Ah and the Toblerone, those things are so so good. I remember having my very first one in Switzerland on a school trip, good heavens after plain Hershey bars it was a revelation.

CG glad you are rocking your new haircut and highlights, oh doesn’t it feel good. Happy that your new gal is going to stick around – no doubt with teenagers she needs the money AND the time away from home – I think you’re set πŸ™‚ I’m looking forward to chair time with my new stylist on Friday, I seriously look as though mushrooms have sprouted on top of my head. Thank goodness for hair clips.

Good luck any Wednesday fasters – I’m having a blessed day off, no fasting, just time with OH and some class prep. Feast or famine here in more ways than one! xxx

Jade. Yes had a smile from ear to ear…πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ. I too do t worry much about the scales as I on,y weigh once a week. Just know what we are doing has great health benefits and the weight will come off when it is good and ready and not before….having trouble sleeping g tonight for some reason. Probably because I have my alarm set and have to get up earlier in the morning…oh well can always co e home and have a nana nap in the arvo….
    You are right in the swing of things over there. Elections seem to take so long in the states. You. Must be so sick of all the hype by the time it’s over…πŸ“’πŸ“’ I guess that’s why you need some good TV series.
    Enjoy your day tomorrow hanging out with OH..πŸ‘«πŸ‘«

Gosh, PH…..it must be the middle of the night….you poor thing! I’m a regular poor sleeper too but have decided not to get up to do anything in case it wakes up my brain too much and I’ll never get back to sleep. Hope you get some quality sleep or at least a good nana nap to make up for the bad night xx
    Jade, have some enjoyable down time with your OH. I remember when I was in the states I just had to buy some Hershey bars because I had seen them in movies since I was a child. I was so disappointed by the taste, being more used to European and milk chocolate! It just didn’t have the same richness.

Hope you got more sleep PH – there is nothing worse, especially as we get older and energy is a precious commodity! Lullabies being sent across the waters in case you need a nana nap later lalalala-zzzzz.
    Fit I’m thankful for Cadbury and the like, and hoping Cadbury does STAY Cadbury. Kraft bought them a few years back and tales of the demise of dairy milk (with a sub of cocoa powder and oil I guess) were rampant, but the Dairy Milk I can find here is still far better than Hershey. I loved buying the “heroes” in Ireland, and still have two of those little things in a shrine in my pantry! Don’t get me wrong though, I can polish off a Hershey with the best of them. xx

Jade, if I went on Mastermind (quiz for nerds), my specialist subject would be Cadbury’s chocolates! πŸ˜€πŸ˜›

Fit I’m lucky I can’t find Cadbury that easily here. I have found the Dairy Milk only at WalMart, which is oddly the last place I would have looked. HA but I looked very hard didn’t I! It is my Aussie Determination, not always used wisely πŸ™‚

Good morning -evening team….boy am I heavy headed…..slept too deeply. I’ve started reading Hostile Witness by Josie Bates on my ipad, went to bed to read about 9:45 for “an hour” yeah right, 12:30 when I turned the light off. It’s a court case….who done it thriller, the first of a series which Chris my girlfriend put me onto knowing that is the genre I Love to read, I’m already trapped into wanting to know more grrrrr. I have awful problems putting books down once I get back into reading πŸ˜‰Looks like the next few months are sorted for me with “entertainment” I can go six months without picking a book up, then read five or six in a row, and not much else gets done, well it does but it revolves around me reading and the book (ipad) is always with me…….Not always good either as it can lead to migraines! But…you know me, bloody minded till the end, πŸ˜€so I keep reading and love it. The world and it’s problems disappear and I’m transfixed into the lives of the characters😊
    Yesterdays fast went well, still wondering weather sticking to just two a week is the go for me. I’m happy, steady and feel healthy. I’m in no hurry, and have read where Michael said two fasts seem to have the same effect as three in a week, so it boils down to healthy choices and portion control on the other five days πŸ˜ƒ maybe the odd week, do a three, I’ll see……
    Julie, my girlfriend who helps me in my garden every fortnight is coming today, so that means out with the chockie bikkies and a couple of lattes, and lovin’ it! I’ll be on my rideon which just gets the adrenalin flowing for me and I’m pretty stiff and sore from yesterdays exercises plus the heavy sleep, so it should get me running on all six cylinders 😊 well, hoping to anyway.
    It’s strange, I went through those sleepless nights for weeks a month or so ago, but that passed and now I just can’t get enough, in fact if the boys hadn’t woken me this morning, I’d still be there.
    Happy fasting team to you who are doing it today, keep the faith and stay positive. Make your calouries count, and filling, don’t waste them unnecessarily, lots of veggies or salads, protein and fluids 😌 Dead easy, and YOU CAN DO IT. If you find it hard going today, get out for a walk, take the stairs, fill time in with something that interest you, or a chore that is so over due, you know the benefits, you know it works and this is for YOU so be good to yourself and feel the satisfaction of accomplishment when you hop into bed tonight know that’s another fast you can tick of “the to do list” πŸ˜ƒπŸ’•xxxx ( no clever sayings this morning team, sorry, the brain is struggling to wake up)

CG how grand to hear you’re getting all caught up with sleep and engrossed in a fantastic book! Wish I could join in the book, I know exactly what you mean, which is why I can’t mid-week – I’d never stop to go to class. I will have to check out Josie Bates, I love a good legal mystery. Wish I still had my iPad to read the books on. Repairing my older model w/ the cracked screen is $120 and who knows what else is wrong inside, it wasn’t really working well when I killed it with the flyswatter. So maybe a newer model is best – OH doesn’t know it yet but he’s getting me that for the next birthday πŸ™‚ By then I’ll be winding down with classes and ready to get lost in a GOOD book instead of all these I’m reading now for class.

I would say I had the day “off” but I’ve restructured a project, written a new test, and prepared for two classes so far, so not exactly relaxing. BUT at least I’m not trying to do all that at school. Nothing really gets done there, I’m not even sure why I have an office. I’ve had the nibbles today, but MFP is keeping me honest. 400 calories left for dinner, after fruit, nuts, salmon on whole wheat, at least no sugar! I keep forgetting I’m thirsty, not hungry – I’m getting absent-minded in my old age.

Good morning to all you other Aussies – hope your day is a fine one! Fit it’s time for bed for you, off you go, hope your neck is feeling ever better. Please ask St. A if he has any clue about mum’s earring πŸ™‚ xxx

Mornin CG!
    I’m sure once you get out into that beautiful garden of yours all those cobwebs will be blown away. Enjoy the working and chatting with your pal, it’s lovely doing chores alongside someone you get on so well with….it turns it into a social occasion.
    My dancing was very enjoyable but unfortunately didn’t do my shoulder any good, so it’s back on with the hot compress and anti-inflams before I go to bed.
    I’ve done 960 cals today so that’s not a bad semi fast and tomorrow I’ll be doing a full fast so we’ll see how much damage I can undo!

Hi there Jade! Yes, I will certainly get on to St. A…..he’s on a bit of a go-slow at the moment. You are a typical teacher…..never really off duty! Always planning and dreaming up new torture for the students!πŸ˜‰πŸ€”I can’t go to bed yet because my mind is always buzzing after the class and I need to wind down a bit 😌

Hi All had a really good sleep last night – it does make SUCH a difference doesn’t it! Feeling bouncy & ready for my new Pilates class shortly. Feedback on that later!
    Gee Fit you are being good. If I manage to stick to 1200 for a good NFD I’m doing well. I just don’t like being too restrictive on the in between days. Gee your shoulder is giving you a bad trot isn’t it. Rest it today after your dancing Fit & keep up the hot/cold routine.
    Jade good on you for nibbling but recording on MFP at the same time. Really keeps you honest doesn’t it. You sure had a productive day & yes agree about getting more done at home than in your office – or in my case it was in my classroom when I had non-contact time.
    CG hope you’re having a lovely day in your garden after a beautiful sleep AND a great read. Must look Josie Bates up as I too love a legal thriller. Could also be a problem for me too putting it down. CG hope you’re still enjoying your new highlights? Photo???
    OOh all the talk of chocolates. Ladies cease…desist!! I’ll be going to buy one if you don’t. It’s funny I manage with 20 blocks or so of it in the pantry that OH buys on special. But with the Lindt dark choc I can have just 1 square & leave it at that. It doesn’t even call my name!!
    Jade you set me thinking with your statement about the scales….why would I be happier if the scales say I’ve lost but I don’t feel/look any different. They do dominate soo much but after a lifetime of weighing every day I would struggle to stop but am wondering about it. Will take a bit of pondering though!! Certainly true that the way I look and feel is far more important than the number it spits out.
    PH skyping with a 6 day old GD….very precious & special XXX What would we do without Skype those of us who have children all over the world? Don’t believe you didn’t eat until 7pm though PH that’s really hard core!! And such a low total for the day. You’re weighing in about the scales too so maybe you’ll all convince me about it. I can get quite negative about my journey after getting on those spiteful things!
    Maybe it’s time to wise up & hey…even old dogs can learn new tricks.
    Bert great comment about the scales but your pants told a DIFFERENT story. I like it!!

Well about time to head out the door so to all those fasting have a great day, stick to your plans like glue, enjoy the feeling that some of that fat is just melting away out the door or into thin air…..or wherever it goes?! suejen XXXX

Hi all. Having a bit of a frustrating day. Hubby has just purchased a new iPhone. He’s having trouble setting it up and the air is a bit blue around here. I feel a bit to blame as I persuaded him to go for Apple instead of a Samsung. We both have short fuses and it’s almost blood on the carpet time!
    Fit I’m pleased that your pain is improving. I take antiinflammatories every now and then when my knee plays up but only for a short time as they aren’t great for the kidneys. No CG we did not get our wine or beer returned. I guess it’s added to their supplies. Not to worry. Pity I didn’t take a el cheapo bottle though! Ha ha.
    SJ it seems to be a common issue wiht us all – those bloody evil scales. Mine have been stuck on 70 for five months now. What’s more I can’t say that my slacks or other clothes feel much loser either. I’ve continued with my missing brekkie and so far am not missing it. I think it’s different if one is working and can’t get to the kitchen to get a meal at a chosen time. So IF it does make a difference it may show scale wise in a weeks time. Or not. I really would have liked to drop a few kilos before we go away but it’s looking likely. . But as we so often say, this WOE is doable and can be adapted to suit us and not us having to suit it.
    Eureka WE seem to have the *%#~<>£€Β₯ iPhone sorted!!

Doggy I’m laughing out loud at the blue thick air and the blood on the carpet. We have all been there, either partners or kids πŸ˜„ And new technology! Good luck, walk away
    Fit how lovely to have the dancing as an outlet, it’s wonderful exercise which you don’t realise your getting, you should be fast asleep by now, I hope it’s peaceful and painless πŸ’•πŸ˜‰xxx
    Jade, our busy torturous teacher, the brain must be in over drive 24/7 no wonder you need a nibble or a bit of elbow bending to feel human πŸ˜ƒπŸ’• I agree about a good book, Chris just messaged me on my ipad and said she is into the third of the series, so, looks like my future is planned, buggar it, I get so little done when I have a good book on the go! Jade why wait for your birthday for the ipad, grab a cheapy on Ebay πŸ˜€ People upgrade all the time and we don’t need the “latest” just one that works ☺️
    Suejen,the scales become addictive, they are with me, I don’t only TALK to them, I swear at the bloody things πŸ™„ The only reason I weigh daily is to keep check and it’s such a habit, but I need to stick them under the bed and do some free sailing 😌 It’s 3:00 non fast day and I’ve had two lattes (home made) and a thin slice of mud cake (oh so yummmm) so no healthy food, but not many Cal’s either. I’m not the slighest bit hungry and looking forward to dinner later. I have a craving for egg noodles, so will come up with a chicken and mushroom creamy sauce, it’s portion size is the secret, but as my appitite has shrunk, it wont be a huge meal πŸ˜‰ And I decided, why have that rubbery fake noodles now, when portion control fixes the calory intake? I could be wrong, but going back to normal food make this WOE so easy. If your feel comfortable, your clothes are comfortable (in the smaller size) and you know you are eating healthy meals, let life and 5:2 take it’s natural course. We all fast regularly so we ARE doing the right thing ☺️
    I’ve been cleaning windows again all morning, so my exercise was using different muscles, but getting something to show for it….clean windows. Mine are quite high at the front of my house (due to the slope of my property) so lots of stretching and bending, so hoping heaps of calouries being burnt πŸ™„
    My phone just so get back to you later πŸ˜€Xxxxxx

Oh gosh Doggy, I thought about switching OH to an iPhone and D asked are you out of your mind? She’s right, he still uses a flip phone now, can’t imagine his man-paws getting used to a touch screen. Know exactly what you mean about the blue air after I installed a new blue-tooth printer for him. Oh my.

CG what a great idea! I’ve just gone shopping on eBay and put a bid on an iPad. You’re right there are tons just have to sift through all the ones that are cracked. No need for another one like that. We’ll see what kind of bargain I can get, but looks like for about the price of fixing the screen I can get a newer model.

SJ hope the Pilates class was fun – love when I wake up feeling like that. I agree re the dark choc too, it is easy just to have a bit but it is still a treat. Join me in the revolt against the scales! I’m really so much better and healthier, all thanks to 5:2 – never the scales.

Fit hope St. A comes through – seriously he needs to up his game a bit πŸ™‚ Sweet dreams!

Bedtime for this teacher. Gotta torture those kiddos early tomorrow. xxx

Jade, good for you, they are so much apart of our lives these days, so why go without? Hope you win, Ebay has so much on offer and bidding at the right time, …night……., through the day when other are at work, ……it all helps to winπŸ˜‰ Been there, done that,
    I often wonder what my grand parents would think of today’s world if they returned! How the world has changed in such a short time. The gadgets we use. We think we are up to date then something else hits the stores, and we can’t live without it. Even my desk top computer just sits and gathers dust because of my ipad! Where will it stop πŸ˜ƒ
    Guess my age is showing, but the changes we have seen, just since the new centurary boggles the brain.
    Just spoke to the girl I got Lexie from, the other heifer still isn’t ready to calve! Hell of a long pregnancy! I started weaning Lexie last night, and boy…… is she letting me know about it πŸ™„ noisey little twerp! She isn’t happy, but it’s time so wondering weather to take on a new calf so close to our reunion as it means getting a neighbour to feed out milk and new calves can have problems, so the jury is still out with the decision.
    Sweet dreams Jade, team if your fasting, drink, drink, drink, it keeps you full πŸ˜„πŸŒ·xxxx

Lots of news on the thread.
    Well done to all of you that have tackled your FD with AUSSIE DETERMINATION.
    FIT- YOU must be so relieved that your sister will be cared for in the comfort of her home.
    My OH is on the mend with nothing sinister revealing on scans.
    All has gone well with my FD. The zig zag on the scales remains , the clothes are loose with comfort ..so important.
    Wishing success with the weight in tomorrow …
    ENJY YOUR EVENING …….GO GALXXXXXXX

Hi all,
    Well my scales are my friend today. Down to 97.3 so that is a nice loss. Now to get rid of the .3 and get to the 96,s. One at a time I say. I set my first goal at 95 Hoping to be there by the time we go to Tas but don’t think that will be a reality. Just .3 away from my first 10kg loss. Got to be happy with that.

Fit. Yes it was the middle of the night so won’t be long out of bed tonight. Did not get to a good sleep until 3.30am and then when alarm went off to get up to go to bridge just rolled over and went back to sleep. Woke up half an hour before I was due to be there so ended up late..Bad Nite.. .slept in ..was a very valid reason to be late according to the other players…β™₯️♠️♣️♦️
    Anyway had a good morning then went to visit good friends who have just found out that there is nothing that can be done for the husband as his melanoma has flared up again..same age as me. πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ Just too young so will be needing the support of friends now. Thank our lucky stars that we do not have any life threatening conditions..how lucky are weπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
    Anyway then to daughters place to try on the pair of slacks that I ran up for her yesterday and get the length pinned. Looked great !! by the time I got home it was almost Dinner time and so planning an early night.

On ya for following up on the iPad Jade. And CG for suggesting it. Ever the wise one!! Never thought of that but makes perfect sense as we do t need to have the latest model. Must remember that when this phone carkes it and I need a replacement. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Doggy .I too know the issues with teaching OH any new technology. Anything that is hard to learn first up must be my fault for not explaining it correctly and so he still has a very simple phone with big numbers that tells you each number when it dials so he knows when he has got it wrong. I still have to get his messages off for him. So smart phone never happening…does not take t with him anyway u less I remind him as he is going out the door to take it and turn it on…😏😏😏😏
    CG. Good luck with weaning Lexie…must be hard on your soft heart to hear her crying.

SJ. Hope you enjoyed your Pilates class. You sound ready to take on the world today. Wonderful to hear. πŸ’œπŸ’œ

Fit. Good luck with your Fast Day and well done on the 1200 cals.

Well just on 9pm so off to the shower and I to bed. Hopefully for a good nights sleep. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄

Hi all!
    Very miserable bunny here today, the dancing must have set my shoulder off again and it was so sore last night. I tried the heat pack, then a deep heat cream, then the anti-inflams and went to bed. The pain didn’t let up, so no sleep. Got up to take painkillers about 3.30, still no good. Tossed and turned and slept fitfully but poor OH woken by me so he’s up since about 5. Dozed for another while but woken again at 6.30 by daughter getting up for work. So off to physio for me.☹️ Not helped by the scales either and I literally jumped off in shock because I thought my good nfd yesterday might have done some good but I was up on previous day. Feeling very sorry for myself…..not a good look!
    Jade, seriously p****d off with St A…… I think he should be struck off! Hope you get the iPad you bid on, great idea from CG, as usual!
    SJ, delighted to hear you had a good sleep, it really makes all the difference. I hope your Pilates went well, it will be wonderful to have the right class that suits you πŸ™‚
    Dawg, glad to hear the iPhone got sorted before there was blood on the carpet, don’t you have white/cream carpets?! My OH is the same with inanimate objects, bad language and a total lack of patience with machinery and devices!
    GG, that’s great news about your OH, I hope the pain clears up now too. Yes, it’s a big relief to us all, the best outcome possible.
    CG, I think you might be right about holding off on getting the second calf, you can remember how much attention Lexie needed at the start and the timing of the WTF might not suit your new arrival! My OH uses several pcs for his work and has to keep some older models because the software won’t work on the newer ones. The difference between them is unbelievable in such a short space of time.
    Hope everyone is having a great day/evening or a good sleep! I’m fasting today but seriously annoyed at the prospect of weighing in tomorrow because I know I’ve stuffed up this week! Oh well, things can only get better, so I’ll just have to dig deep into my Aussie determination and get my mojo back 😁

PH, well done on a very productive and satisfying day after your bad night. Hope you have a much better sleep tonight. So sorry to hear about your friend’s diagnosis….melanoma is such a deadly disease. My best friend’s son died just over a year ago at the age of 29 due to it….such a tragedy. Our health really is our wealth.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,301 through 11,350 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.