Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,251 through 11,300 (of 14,786 total)

• Morning all. Can’t go to the pool today as have to have a couch day. Pains shooting down my right leg for some reason. It is a real buggar that whenever I get the sorting/cleaning bug I end up over doing things. Can’t seem to get it through my thick head that I can’t do what I used to do. Dumb dumb dumb…
    So lying on the bed with my legs over my support should fix it. Hopefully on,y one day.

On the good side I have lots of wonderful interesting posts to read. So much great stuff on the posts this morning.
    SJ your travel club sounds great. We have a two bedroom self contained studio behind our house that would be perfect for hosting. I will have to look into that later in the year when all of my family have been and gone. Would be good for when we go to Canada next…or a side trip to somewhere on the way. .i have bookmarked the Link and will look into it. Great for travelling around Australia too. we are looking to go to the cairns area next year in conjunction with the gyps reunion…we have not been further north than Townsville. . Well done on getting your trip to see your son organised. When do you go? ✈️✈️
    Nature calls…back soon.

Well done, Jade…..you’ve knocked it out of the park!πŸ‘πŸ‘ l just worked out that I had enough cals left for a small orange so that will keep me going until bedtime…yippee! Now, all I have to do is not go over the top tomorrow and pig out when I meet my friends for dinner 🀐
    PH, you just can’t help yourself…..you’ll have to start listening to all the advice here in future! Hope your couch day does the trick πŸ›Œ Take careπŸ’•

Well my first stuff up for the day.

Sorry Barb..it was you with the link to the travel club. Thanks heaps.
    Your plans for Vietnam and Cambodia sound fabulous. You will enjoy cooking class.πŸ²πŸœπŸπŸ²πŸœπŸ›πŸ› Hopefully OH will survive it too and perhaps even enjoy it! Love Vietnamese food. It is so light you won’t have trouble choosing something to eat. Wonderful idea for the photo album..I did the same for my mum , she could tell me the name of everyone and even what year approx it was taken. She was one of the fortunate ones,she did not have dementia. She just loved looking through the old photos. Good luck with the plasma donation and think how good it is to have a NFD. Already having done your F.D. That goes for all you awsome
    people who were organised and strong enough to do on a Sunday!!!

Jade. What a wonderful time you must have had talking to your mum on a rare day she could understand. How far does she live away from you? Do you get to see her often? Great idea for having an Aussie Determination House Swap 🏘🏠🏑🏰club and we could include an affordable travel club also. ✈️✈️πŸ›₯πŸ›₯β›½οΈβ›½οΈπŸš—πŸš—πŸπŸI like the idea of that and it goes without saying that you would all be welcome at my place should you ever be in the area. Did think that our studio would be good for doing something with some day. One room is set up as a sewing room , as well as queen bed , but the main bedroom adjoins the sitting room, bathroom and kitchenette so easy to separate.
    Great exercise for you walking three dogs. πŸ•πŸ©πŸΆ
    CG. Great to have the 75,s done and dusted. With all the effort you put in you deserve to be going down. Chokkies. Yum yum…OH brought home some chocolate covered licorice the other day and had to have a couple of pieces before I asked him to hide them…as you say needed them for laxatives. Enjoy your pool. I really miss going to mine. Perhaps I can make up for missing today by going Wednesday Morning. 🏊🏻🏊🏻

Fit. You sure did it tough with your FD. Well done you for completing it!! And having a day with your sister. Enjoy your day catching up with old friends and reliving your great experiences together. I’d love to be a fly on the well when all of the stories are being told. Sure to be heaps of wonderful Irish laughter happening ..πŸ€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

I have a ninja and a vitamix and would not be without either. Use them most days to make either sorbet or great smoothies. That is what keeps me regular. I too have found lately that Kale is a bit harsh and the wind factor after drinking it is cyclonic..πŸŒͺπŸŒͺ so just stick to spinach and rainbow chard or cos lettuce these days for my greens. . I find that in pineapple season I buy fresh pineapples and cut them into cubes and freeze. Great sweetener fruit. and so lucky having a good source of blueberrys close for blueberry ice cream, by adding some yoghurt.

Good luck with FD today. I’m not really in the mood as feeling pissed off that I was stupid and overdid things!! Feel like pigging out so will take all of my strength and determination to get through today. However. I CAN DO THIS AND I AM GOING TO BE BLOODY MINDED AND PULL IT OFF. πŸ˜’πŸ˜’ πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ˆπŸ‘ΉπŸ˜ΎπŸ˜ΎπŸ˜€πŸ˜£

Oh, PH, you can and will do this, I have every faith in you πŸ’ͺπŸ‘ Maybe you can distract yourself by looking up or drawing some patterns for things to make for Ruth? Don’t be too hard on yourself, even a semi fast would be good until you’re feeling better xx

Thanks Fit. Yes I should listen but was always such a busy person going 100 miles per hour all of the time. So hard to get it through my thick skull that I can’t do that anymore. However thank my lucky stars every day that what I have is not life threatening…just a bloody nuisance. I have so much energy and so many things I want to do… Went to dinner last night to daughters place to farewell the lovely couple who have been staying with her. Was given the two lovely paintings and they are just like I imagined that would be. She has incorporated a number of the leaves I brought home from Canada and kept it simple and In The red and grey tones. The texture is wonderful. So another job I can’t wait to do is to paint the frames that were planned to house them white and get them up on the wall. I will then be able to take a photo to post. When I asked her the cost she said, two little hats for Sumartra..I had taken over two of the little hats for her little one that I had made. However could not accept that for all the work she had done so gave her something as well. Such a lovely couple and little Bub. Will miss them. There are so many beautiful young people in this life. It is truely grand…πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Good idea about looking up things for Ruthie! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Hello everyone. I’ve got hubby wiht the speaker phone on while he is in “the queue” so am finding it difficult to concentrate.
    Yes well I too hoped that Andy Murray could beat Djokovic but it was not to be. I do think he needs to consider some good clinical sports psychologist as he become so negative he almost defeats himself.
    SJ , .we are going to South Africa, leaving on the 23rd of this month and will unfortualy be away for the WAT TOO FAT reunion. – silly me that’s my iffy joke of the morning. It is for us to attend the 60th anniversary of hubby’s joining the Merchant Navy. He started off as a cadet and went through the ranks to become a Master Mariner or ships captain.
    GG thanks for the info re Mayo Clinic website. I’m going to check it out. Barb , Fit, dementia is such a sad condition. Sufferers seem to undergo a personality change and often become aggressive. PH that pain down your leg sounds like Sciatica. Too mush overdoing it in the cleaning department. Rest up and take it easy. Isn’t it interesting that we have different ideas about diaries. I personally don’t keep one but do have some very interesting info taken from a favourite aunt’s diary. She was my mums twin sister. She and her husband were on a plane that was hijacked by some loonie militant group PLO – Palestinian liberation army I seem to recall. They pilot had a gun put to his head and forced to fly to some Middle East destination. Beirut I think. Once they landed the passengers had to use the emergency shutes and run for the terminal. Half way there the plane was blown to bits. By some fluke no one was seriously injured and eventually thanks to some high level diplomatic agreement the passengers and crew were allowed to fly on to Rome via another plane. Needles to say it was a very traumatic experience and she never got over it.
    Back to the mundane. FD here too and I’m planning to wait till lunchtime before I eat anything. Have only had black coffee so far and can’t say I’m hungry at all.
    πŸ˜€πŸ˜„πŸ˜‡πŸŒΉπŸΎ

She documented all so well. Needless to say it was a very troumatic experience and she never fit over it.

WHOA Doggy, that is some excitement your aunt went through. I remember when it happened and the plane being exploded, I believe by the authorities? Whew just rereading it made me tense. How wonderful that your OH will get to be back with his service buddies – maybe you can make the next “way too fat” meet-up lol. I’m hoping there are many more so that I get a chance as well!

Fit I can see you peeking on your phone, trying desperately not to leave the safety of your bed lest you be attacked by roaming calories – and always with the great ideas, no wonder you don’t sleep enough! Hope they helped you, PH – you are a love to offer so much wonderful advice, and you on your bed of pain. Rest up dear girls. How lovely PH that you have your new works of art and to think she simply wanted YOUR works of art, i.e., your little hats. I love it when good people get together and just feel so mutually lucky. I hope your couch day gets you back in the game – be good to yourself and ressssst.

CG I laughed at your “dual purpose” chocolates – glad they worked their magic πŸ™‚ All you need now is some of my 15-bean soup! One way or another we shall NOT go backwards on this path to goal, right? I am now working on a smoothie recipe, no Nutri-thingie but I am quite dangerous with a stick blender. My yogurt, carrot, banana, and apple melange is now divided in custard cups in the freezer, 100 cal per – I may have invented my own FD frozen yogurt. If only I could knit or sew maybe I could make something around the home besides food!!

Hi there

I’m Ben and this is my first day on the 5:2 way of life (as I want to call it). I’m looking to lose about 13-15kg to get to my goal weight. Monday and Wednesday will be my FD and I’m drinking lots of water and cordial (low cal). Lunch will be miso soup with spinach and dinner is chicken and veges. Really looking forward to what this will do for me.

Jade. Sending you my cleaning bug now …and welcome to it. Remind me next time I get one to pass it on sooner and not be selfish about keeping it. However a good job well done and now just have to have one or two couch days to fix things. Love the sound of your concoction. Did you have a taste yet?

Have been taking Fit’s advice and looking up patterns to sew on Pinterest. Some very interesting ones. By adding a little skirt to a onesie you get a cute little outfit. Might have to do one of those with some little bits of fabric that is in the cupboard. Also came across a cute little dress made out of a recycled polo shirt. I have so many good quality things here that don’t fit anymore..the mind boggles at what is possible. On,y now want to get up and at it…so no more no I’d best read a book. Bye for now.

Welcome Ben. πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹You will find this way of life is very achievable. Nice to have a male on board. If you feel like sharing more about yourself..go ahead..if not then that is perfectly OK. Your plan sounds spot on. Miso soup with veg is a good addition to fast day. Make sure you have pleanty of protein. We usually have hard boiled eggs on standby as a good snack…can’t go wrong with chicken and veg for dinner. Make sure there are pleanty of green veg and not potato. If you need potato then it is best to have sweet potato. You may find today hard but it does become easier each time you fast.

I too fast on Mondays and Wednesday’s as does CG. So good luck with today and no question is silly.
    We can do this πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Ben. Low cal cordial is not great. Too many additives. Could I suggest you try adding lemon or lime to either water, soda water or sparkling water instead. Just a suggestion..

Hi team, certainly been a busy morning with posts and great to see.
    PH what a buggar with your back, I agree with Doggy and really your doing the right thing in resting up, if you can stay there and not venture into the sewing roomπŸ™„ I would also suggest a vist to the ostiopath or physio because you could have a nerve being crushed? No fun I know, so look after it and don’t make it worse. Xxxx
    Ben, welcome aboard, you sound to have your fast day sorted. May I suggest you go to the top of the page to ” how it wotks” and work out your TDEE for non fasting days. It gives you an idea of how many cals you can have πŸ˜€ Also download My Fitness Pal and you will find all the calourie content of most foods, it sounds tedious, but you do get used to it. I work out my days menu, the evening before, check it on MFP and know what I have, even until you feel comfortable in just guessing, it’s worth it.
    Fit, I hope your in πŸ’€land by now and your fasting is over πŸ˜ƒYou have a lovely day to look forward to so don’t be hard on youreslf, enjoy everything on offerπŸ˜‰
    Jade what a busy girl. Three dogs, what a tangled mess, I can just imagine πŸ˜„ And your “yoghurt” sound yum.
    Doggy, what a frightening time for you aunt, that is something I doubt anyone could get over. It’s lovely she has written her side of it down. Good luck with todays fast ☺️
    Busy day at the gym for me team, I’m finding a lot of it getting easier each week, but hate the trainer to see that as she up’s the torture! Grrrrrr, I’m feeling peckish but will have a black coffee and maybe a bit of coleslaw later, if I need it. Fish for dinner and it’s nice if all my allowance can go towards that😌
    Have a lovely day, fasting or not YOU CAN DO IT “too many people under value what they are, and over value what they are not” πŸ˜‰πŸ’•xxxxxxxxx

Well PH my smoothie/froyo tasted about like what you’d expect from carrot, apple, and banana w/yogurt – a bit on the crunchy side but beggars can’t be choosy. May need to skip the carrot πŸ™‚ but the stick blender did the job and it was a nice change of pace.

CG ain’t it the truth – my students would say the same – as soon as they master one thing I’m nagging them to learn something else! Always felt like that myself when I studied piano, oh please you sadist, let me just once enjoy playing something I actually know how to play. Torture is a good word for it. And speaking of which, it’s bedtime finally and I must run and hide from the bakery bread – carry on the good work over there! xx

Morning all…well it is for me anyway! Just back from my first visit to the osteopath & thank you so much to the ladies who suggested I swap over to him! He was just great. Picked up straight away that my orthotics need renewing – not high enough for my shorter leg. Ha never knew I had that (only a little bit) till in my late 50’s! And the scoliosis in my back is the main contributor to my neck/back issues. So we’ve started working on them. He also gave me great advice re which pilates class to go to & NOT to go to others eg the one I USED to go to! He wasn’t surprised that I thought my back may have been started by a wrong setting on my machine & over-stretching. So not going to the rec centre any more as the lady he highly recommended is more expensive & can’t afford both. But he said it will be far more suitable for me. Also said that my muscles are not great after 2 years of Pilates as in he would have expected them to be much stronger, but he said that will happen with this other lady who only ever has 3 in a class & will work with him to get my problem areas sorted. One happy happy lady! He was very gentle today for my first visit.
    PH sorry about your back. As you said you should have sent that cleaning gremlin packing long ago! We all tend to think we’re invincible don’t we. {{{ }}} and hope the rest does the trick. Those little onesies with skirts on are very cute aren’t they!
    Welcome Ben nice to have you on board. You’ll find 5:2 does the trick for you.
    Wow Doggie not too long now until you leave. You’re going to be away for a while then! Me too to the just black coffee so far. Need to go & get busy as thoughts of food are flooding in – and it’s not HB eggs in my vision! A friend let me know yesterday that Woolies in town stock a lovely fig & fennel sourdough bread from a well known bakery in Perth so I went & picked one up…and I think it’s on my mind!!! Get thee gone bread…..you have to wait till tomorrow. It’s wonderful toasted for breakfast as a treat so it’s sliced & in the freezer.

Well off to get busy. Have a planned prepared FD all & stay focused on your goals. suejen XXXX

SJ how fabulous you found this new doc, you really needed some specific health-care advice and he sounds like he really cares about his patients. Great to find a doc like that! I hope you start to feel better and better with this new regimen. I am fighting the bread vision right alongside you here – must remember those magic words – I CAN have it tomorrow – so it isn’t such an awful sacrifice. πŸ™‚ xxx

Nice to have you on board Ben. Many of us have been around for a year or more so please feel free to ask for any advice. Invariably there is someone who will have the answer. We find this way of eating very doable and we don’t like to use the D word. It’s also worthwhile remembering that you can expect to lose weight quite quickly for the first few months but this slows down as time goes by. We try not to become disheartened as we all know that we are more than likely going to be choosing to eat like this for the foreseeable future. Have you read Michael’s book? I would recommend that you do so that you can get the hang of what it is all about.
    SJ, how good that you’ve found an osteopath that has given you some good advice. I do hope that it helps. It’s got very hot and sticky here this arvo and I’m ALMOST wishing for some more overcast damp weather. We have a bizarre situation in our small state. Fires continuing to burn on the west coast and rivers in flood with water running through people’s houses on the east coast.
    Jade I see our favourite politician is still a front runner. He’s one scary dude!

You’re right Doggie what a bizarre situation to be in with the weather. Jade yes yes I’ve already put it into MFP for tomorrow….that made me feel better! Tomorrow…tomorrow…it’s only a day away (as Annie said in the musical). sj

Hi all. Going well so far only just had my HB egg, a cucumber and a couple of tomatoes so far. And a coffee. And I have been very good. Resting a lot and not doing much at all. Leg feeling a bit better. CG i only went to the osteo a week or so ago so just doing some nice hot packs, with the air con on ha ha. I’m sure that the day of rest should see me right..if not the. It will be 2 days of rest.

SJ so pleased you liked your osteo. And it is good that he has someone to recommend who only has three people in the class. You should really get good value out of that even if it is more expensive. You should now be able to look forward to some improvement. 😍😍😍
    Good luck with the rest of the day! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Hi team, sj I’m so glad you found someone to help with some relief and ongoing care. What a difference. I have recently changed hairdressers and doggie groomers! We tend to stick to who we know through loyalty even if sometimes it’s no good for us. I hope your as pleased with the changes as I have been☺️
    PH stay resting, that is what retirement is all about, no alarm clocks, no one to answer to, just time to look after yourself πŸ˜‰
    Tomorrow can seem forever away team at times, but STOP obsessing on food. There is so much more to the day than eating 😏 No matter what it takes, change routines maybe, I found myself stupidly hovering over recipes! Why? So have banned that on fast days ☺️ It’s 6:15pm and I still haven’t eaten and not even hungry, veggies prepared and fish at the ready but no appitite, yet anyway. I know I’ll eat soon, not wanting to eat too late having a full belly when going to bed, or could put everything back in the fridge for tomorrow and just have a mlky hot choc just before bed☺️Sounds good but don’t think I’ll last. Stay strong team ….you CAN do it….πŸ’•Xxxxxx

Hi all
    I’m Ali and resting on the couch enjoying my first FD. Day 1 so far hasn’t been too hard. It’s great to read your posts, thanks. 7 kgs has crept on in the last 5 years and I’d like to see that gone (in time).
    A couple of questions- Have you all tried to plan meals for your non fast days or have most of you followed your usual eating patterns? I’m just trying to get my head around it all. Alcohol free for Feb and I think this will make a difference.
    Best wishes
    Ali

Hi Ali, welcome abourd……for non fast days we try to stay within our TDEE. You can check yours out in the “how it works” section at the top of the page. Mostly it’s comon sense but help to count your calouries for a few weeks until your comfortable in guessing. You’d be surprised how many cals are in our every day food 😏
    You can download My Fitness Pal and that list all foods and the cals, so guessing is a bit easier and you can also work out your daily menu, plus add your own recipes and it calculates it for you…again, welcome πŸ˜ƒXxxxxxx

Oh and good luck Ali going alcohol free, remember 5:2 is only PART of your life, not all of it, so don’t knock back celebrations or get togethers, they too can be calculated into your daily count. They are empty carbs so not really filling as is good food πŸ˜‰…xxxxx

Hi All!
    Great to see all the activity here when I wake up. πŸŒ…
    A big welcome to our newbies, Ben and Ali!πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ You’ve been given lots of tips and advice that I can’t improve on, but I’ll gladly chip in if I feel I have anything to add.
    PH, glad to hear that your aches and pains are starting to clear up but take another day if necessary because there’s no point rushing back into things until you’re ready. Great to have your lovely works of art and to have swapped your amazing crafts for them – win/win!πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ
    SJ, how wonderful and reassuring to have found someone you can have faith in to help you with your health issues. I think you always have to shop around to find the best person for you, I’ve tried a few different physios over the years and some were disastrous. Hope you keep going from strength to strength xx
    Jade, I took myself off to bed with my book and was nice and snug listening to the storm (again!) outside. Pleased with the scale this morning but not official until Friday…..now ‘all’ I have to do is not go off the rails between now and then. Your frogo sounds great and very adaptable, well done!
    Dawg, I know what you mean about the weather…..we have orange alert for one side of the country and yellow for the other. We are on the edge of storm Henry and my poor OH is at sea between France and Ireland being tossed about like a cork in a whirlpool!😟 That was an incredible story about your aunt and it’s no surprise that she never got over it. How amazing to have her first hand account of what happened…..that will be very interesting to historians in time to come. I love family history…it’s so alive and personal. Loved the other version of the WTF reunion, ha, ha πŸ˜‚ Hope you and OH have a marvellous trip but also that you can still keep in touch because we’d miss you xx
    CG, I hope your trainer doesn’t see through you! I think they all have a knack for spotting when we’re faking ☺️ Your fish and veggies sound very tasty, that’s what I had yesterday. I’m going to skip lunch today because I’ll be going for an early bird meal with my friends. That way I’m hoping to do some damage limitation. I agree with banning food related thoughts on fds…. I found myself watching lots of cookery programmes because there are so many on tv all the time and then I thought “why are you torturing yourself like this, change the channel!”
    I’ve woken up with stiff and sore shoulders and neck….maybe the result of a draught, it’s been so windy that they manage to get in somewhere no matter what you do. I’d love a massage but there’s no time to fit one in today. Maybe tomorrow if I’m no better.
    Have a successful and fulfilling week, everyone and stay in touch xxxx

Oh Fit, hopefully a hot shower will get rid of the aches for you. Nothing worse than a chill, stay warm dear girl and enjoy your socialising. Oh and your poor O/H, I hope he’s a better sailor than most of us 😏…..take care πŸ˜‰Xxxxx

Afraid the shower didn’t do the trick but it’s not too bad. OH just been on the phone, they’re about an hour from home….so all’s well! Sleep well, dear pal xx

Welcome Ali and Ben – I am new as well and only started last week.

Sorry theres a few aches and pains out there.Hope you ladies get better soon. Finding a good health provider is not easy and when you find them hang on to them. Glad your osteo is good SJ.

Im doing Ok foodwise today but made a huge rod for my own back by not getting up and doing a walk this morning. I was at work till nearly 7pm and got home at 7:30. I just had a Lite N Easy meal for dinner (i keep a few in the freezer for emergencies) and had to walk walk walk around the streets from 7:45pm as i left work with less than 2000 steps for the day and a sore butt from sitting at my desk. I made it to over 10400 so far and only just stopped pacing around. We had a huge rain storm while i was walking and i got stuck in it. 10500 or so steps will have to do for the day. I am looking forward to seeing Dawn French tomorrow. I am glad i booked it. I will have another busy day at work. An accountants life at month end is hectic and as my assistant was away all of Jan i had to do her work and leave a lot of mine so i have some catching up to do and have to upload my budgets (year end is December) and am working my way down 1000 lines of accounts each with 12 months of figures. It has done my head in all day.

Hope your tomorrows are all good esp those on FD. I think i will have to do a 2 day fast this week as i cant do it tomorrow or friday or the weekend which leaves Wed and Thurs. It will be a huge ask in one way but maybe if i am in the FD groove, day 2 wont be so bad. What are your experiences of this?

Ax

AA, what an amazing effort to get your steps done…..you are one determined lady! I don’t envy you the month/year end deadlines that face you accountants all the time, I hate finance and figures anyway, it would be a nightmare for me. GG is the expert on back to back fasts if that’s what you’re planning, I’m sure she’ll give you good and useful tips. Best of luck πŸ’ͺπŸ‘

Good morning all you Aussies and what better way to start my day than with CG’s daily wisdom! I’ve thrown too many pity parties lately, and I not only obsess over food but also bad times in my life (rather logical when you think about it). The result was a dream about OH#1 – ARGH, I could not wake up fast enough  You’re right CG about loyalty – funny, just last night I booked a hair appt online for a place in the city my daughter likes. I am desperately shaggy, but could not face another shearing from the local gal.
    Ben and Ali – welcome! Ali, I’ve altered my non-FD eating to skip breakfast but I’m pretty flexible about it otherwise. I encourage you to enjoy the freedom – eat what you really want, w/n your TDEE allowance. It’s what we love about 5:2! You may discover that eating within your TDEE is no problem at all. But if it is, you can tweak all that later.
    Fit I’m so sorry you woke up with neck pain, many a morning sleeping wrong has done that to me. I hope you feel better as the day goes on, maybe a hot compress will help? Have a fantastic time tonight with your pals! Or should I say mates πŸ™‚ You have earned a grand time and I have a feeling you know how to have one! Hope OH arrives safe and sound and not too green from seasickness.
    Annie I can’t even imagine your job – math makes me a wreck just doing my own budgets. I’ve done the b2b fasts and they’re not so bad. Just run with that un-hungry feeling we all have after the first day. Drink water! You’ll get all kinds of steps in, running for the WC πŸ™‚ but it’s easier to get dehydrated on day 2.

It’s Monday a.m. here, so time to get a move on and tackle the work day. Cheers! xxx

Good morning-evening team. I’m up before the chooks this morning, I have an 8:00 appt for Indy to have his paw xrayed more caution but he is still limping and I hate seeing them in pain and certainly if it’s through my own neglect! I have kept it strapped, plenty of vet tape here, for support which seems to have helped, and he’s still on anti inflams but will get to the bottom of it for good.
    Annie, Why not fast Wednesday? You can choose any two days in the seven, that’s the flexibility of this way of life/eatingπŸ˜€
    Jade keep up the great work and thank you for your input with AD ☺️ You always supply an interesting read…..
    Coffe time then shower, the sun is only just hinting of waking up so hope to see a lovely sunrise ☺️….happy day xxxx

Jade, hope you have a lovely haircut that you’re happy with and that does you justice! It’s very human to think too much about the times when life didn’t go the way we planned or wanted. I’m sure you dream helped you to process something in your subconscious, but it’s done now so forget all about it xx
    CG, you really are up and about very early! I hope you get some answers about Indy’s paw…..it’s so hard when they can’t tell us what’s wrong and haven’t the sense to mind themselves when injured.
    My neck has gotten worse so I’m trying the warm compress now and hoping it will be better in the morning.

Oh Fit, that’s the last thing you need, your life is so busy, so many responsibilities, it’s time to put YOU first 😊 If possible, do like the rest of us, see a chiro, ostio, phisyo, anyone who can “click” you back into place. Don’t forget some pain killers too, there are no medals given out at weeks end to heros!😏 I hope your hubby is home to you, safe and sound, possibly with an empty tummy from the rough seas but also looking for some TLC so it could be a commiserating reunion πŸ˜€ Enjoy xxxxxxx

Hi team, just got the tape measure out:
    Bust. 120.9. To. 101.0
    Waist 116.1 To 90.0
    Hips 116.1. To 94.0
    Neck 39.0. To 33.0

5:2 REALLY WORKS β˜ΊοΈπŸ’Xxxxx

Wow, fantastic stats there, CG! So thrilled for you πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ‘ Yes, OH got back safe and sound, if a little green around the gills πŸ˜‰ He and our friend who went with him are very pleased with the work done over in France and were royally welcomed by the neighbours, they had a great time.

Hi Fit, how lovely for your o/h and friend. Still, I bet he is glad to be home, no matter what the weather is 😏
    Yes, I was quite surprised, we don’t notice ourselves shrinking, as we don’t when we “spread”! But putting before and after stats together really showed how well this way of eating/life does for us all…..have a lovely evening πŸ’•πŸ˜€xxxxx

CG! whoop, GIRL, that is amazing! So happy for you, and it’s good to see all the ways it does work. How much better you must feel than you did last year – and getting ever better. Big congrats!

Fit oh dear, I hope you were able to enjoy your girls’ time? Otherwise that you’ve had a good glass of vino with OH to relax and chase that gremlin out of your neck and shoulders. Glad he is home and managed to have fun with the French neighbors while working on little slice of paradise.

Hope everyone else is doing OK – all I can say for today is that I haven’t had any sugar AND I put the “coconut creamer” back on the shelf when I saw it had sugar in it. I will NOT be manipulated by the food industry, because I am stubborn and have Aussie determination to boot! xx

Thanks, Jade, I had a lovely meal out with two ex colleagues…..one male, one female. He was the principal of the first school I taught in and she was my best friend on the staff there. We both left to become principals of other schools within a couple of weeks of each other. That was sixteen years ago and we still meet up every few months. Well done on staying away from the sugar….you’re a legend and full of Aussie determination πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸ‘

Morning all just a quick post or I won’t be able to say morning at all. Back at work now then have an eyebrow wax then meeting a friend for a coffee and a walk. All important stuff!
    Battling a bit of neck pain after osteo yesterday but PH remember you saying it may take 2 days to settle down….physio always does anyway.
    Had a very welcome enail from daughter and if she doesn’t pull out thus time will see the kids again on Sunday for the first time in 9 months. Baby baby steps let’s see!
    Scuse any weird typos sun is on the screen and cant see well. Hacing neighbours ocer for dinner tonite to celebrate his 0 prostate score after his prostste cancer last year. I WILL be having a bubbly with them! Gotta go suejen xxzz

Jade you go girl! As a new recruit with AD you are kickin’ butt…wooohooo, now that is Aussie Determination.
    I am doing and found myself doing the same thing for the past few months. Instead of grabbing “the usual” off the shelves, I read the lable, and so much just gets put back! Apart from laundry products my trolly is becoming very green πŸ˜ƒ And I find I really do only shop around the outside isles, oh and the freezer πŸ™„
    Suejen fingers crossed and prayers being sent that it will come off for you with the grandkids, I really hope she doesn’t disappoint you again 🌸
    Cassa you have posted on every thread on this forum, we are all happy as we are, and NO outlay either thankyou!

Fit isn’t it lovely to stay in contact with friends and see everyones lives change from the first meeting☺️ I’m sure you had a lovely evening and then going home to O/H would have been informative for you both πŸ’žπŸ˜ƒ xxx

Hi all…….
    It’s been one heck of a week here. I thought I was flying to New York to bring my mother in law to Florida, quiting my job to take care of her; however, there was a problem with her insurance transferring. So, the plans have been put on hold for a while. I’ve spent the last week trying to get refunds on the plane ticket, car rentals and putting extra hours in at work. Thank Goodness this week is over. Good news is my MIL is doing well.
    Last week, I had such a hard time staying the course. I do really well in the morning of my FD then, I fall once I got home from work. Today, however, is a new day and just finished my last meal on my FD. I’m hoping to see a loss of the two pounds I gained, last week…..
    Looks like we have gained some new members….. Welcome! Your going to love this new wol. Plus, I can not say enough good things about this group, great support, tons of laughs, overwhelming amounts of knowledge these gals can provide you….. Buckle your seat belts, you in for one heck of an adventure!
    For everyone else….. I’m reading all of your posts and it seems you all doing wonderful.
    Thanks for everything!

Ali…..
    On my NFD, I do try to make honest choices in the food I choose to eat; however, I’m in love with beautiful little pastries that melt in your mouth with a warm cup of coffee. And the great thing is that I do still eat them everyday except on FD.
    I try hard sometimes fail miserably at staying with in my TDEE, but I don not stress about it. I am who I am and I enjoy every minute of it. I have been doing this new wol life for 32 days and have lost about 7 lbs.
    The one great lesson, I’ve learned since my first day is that sometimes I may stumble through but tomorrow is a new day. I just adjust my days and keep on putting one foot in front of the other. It’s not always about the destination but the journey/adventure you were on to get there……
    On every other diet (sorry girls and gents) is that I never found comfort in keeping it going long term. But, I have found comfort and ease in this new wol, I can honestly say, I will continue.
    I hope this helps!
    Quick question….. To everyone else…… Ugg! Terrible heartburn tonight…… Any thoughts?

Hi all. Welcome to Ali and Cas, we hope you enjoy your AD 5:2 journey with us. Please feel free to ask any questions. There is usually someone who can give you the answer. Ali, I personally don’t plan my meals for non fast days ( NFD) however I usually eat the same sort of meals at different times of the year so have a good idea of what I’m going to be eating.
    Fit,I hope your neck pain goes away soon. So you perhaps have some rub on antiinflammatory liniment you can use? I find it quite useful at times. I also have food found myself watching the likes of Masterchef on FD and then also have to think to myself WTF & quickly change channels.
    SJ I hope your get together with your daughter comes to fruition.
    It’s very hot and steamy here today. It feels more like being in Darwin during the build up than little old Tassie. Eureka most of our holidays makers have gone back home and I was able to find a parking place at the supermarket without any hassles.
    Cas do remember that it’s more to do wiht the number of calories we eat than the time between meals. ie 500 on a FD and stick to your TDEE on NFD. Having said that, quite a few of us skip brekkie and some of us lunch as we find that once we eat, we start to feel hungry. Just try and few menthods and see what works for you.
    XX Doggie

Bert welcome back. What a mix up for you, it’s so frustrating but I hope it all works out for you. It’s good to hear your MIL is picking up too. Everything you have posted shows how well you understand our new way of life AND eating, good for you πŸ˜€ It’s very easy to follow and no need for the complication some seem to feel. Stay well and keep up the great work with 5:2 πŸ˜ŠπŸ’xxxxx oh and the heartburn, is there any underlying problem that you know of? Maybe eating too quickly or on an empty tummy.? If it keeps happening, see your doctor, that’s what he is there for, especially if some simple antacid doesn’t do the trick 😊Xxxxxx

Oops Fit, sorry didn’t mean to turn your guy into a gal πŸ™‚ but glad you had a good time with them. Hope you are resting those strong shoulders now and that tomorrow is better. zzzz

PH hope you are feeling better too – your cleaning bug hasn’t arrived here yet
    (or maybe I’ve just dodged it). Well, it’s a long way, isn’t it – I can wait πŸ™‚

Hey Bert, we missed you! Glad your MIL is OK, but wow good thing you’re flexible. Re the heartburn, just water and tums does it for me. Maybe you need something stronger? OH has that problem and it isn’t fun – he does take acid reducers like prilosec or zantac.

CG I love the way you read between the lines, as you say. Please come here and run for President?

SJ, prayers for you that things work out and especially that you get to see your precious grandies. xx

Groundhog day coming up, and it’ll be busy for me – Tuesdays are a mash of classes and students. See you all when the dust settles — xx
    ps: Doggy forgot to say glad the wave of tourists has subsided for you! Enjoy a nice cool margarita for me πŸ™‚

Thanks Jade for the offer πŸ˜€ But your countries politics confuses me. Besides, I hate seeing all these so called clever well educated people, supposed adults, sitting in parliment name calling and acting like 6 year olds! They all need their bums smacked and sent to their rooms! πŸ˜ƒ You are one very busy girl with school, remember you are not a robot, but you need oiling too, so take care of you, good healthy lunches to have in the staff room πŸ˜‰πŸ’ xxxxx

PH where are you, I do hope you haven’t deteriated and need your doctor! Let us know how you are feeling 😊 Sending cuddles 🌷Xxxx

Hi all. CG thanks for your concern. πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—
    I am going along fine thanks. Had a good fast day yesterday and rested a lot. Went to the pool this morning and just took it gently, I had my physio strength class today as compared to my aquarobics class so it was perfect to test the waters so to speak. Movement better, anyway I went to spotlight on the way home to get some elastic and thread etc and a piece of good quality black cotton knit material to make Daughter some wide leg slacks for teaching so that she can get down on the floor with the kids and be comfortable. Have a great pattern and so should not take long to run up after a couple of more days not sewing. It was lunch time when I got home so thought I’d have a rest and would you believe it it is now 5.27 and just woke up. 4 full hours sleep…..😴😴😴😴 I did have my favourite coffee and focaccia bun at the hospital coffee shop for brunch but that’s all so far for the day. They make the best toasted bun . They steam chicken breast, and put baby spinach and pesto with a slice of cheese. Yummy a whopping 640 cals for it and coffee but my special treat every Tuesday. πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈβ˜•οΈ.. The owner of the coffee shop is a lovely man and started the shop when I was in hospital for my 3 month stint. He would bring me coffee every morning when the rush died down. He said today that I was his first long term regular customer. Continues to do this whenever I am in hospital ..Beautiful Byron bay coffee too.. So when I go on Tuesday’s he sits with me if not busy and we catch up. So doing the right thing but goodness knows how I am going to get to sleep tonight…😳😳😳

SJ great news that daughter got in touch and you may see grandchildren again soon. . Fingers and toes crossed that everything goes OK for you. Stay positive but ready for anything…love and hugs to you πŸ’•πŸ’•
    GREAT news re OH. Well worth bubbly🍾🍾🍾 you both must be so thrilled. Have you tried hot packs on your neck. I find that helps and maybe then a cool towel rolled up under neck to do the hot,cold thingo…

Jade hope you survived the classes and students on Groundhog Day.πŸ“’πŸ“’πŸ“’πŸ“’ ..I’m sure you are an old hand at it now…. I would not be too worried if the cleaning bug does not arrive….you have to be in the mood to catch it…πŸ™…

Bert. The best laid plans of mice and men…..as someone says, lucky you are so flexible, insurance does rule our lives these days…lucky you did not quit your job. It is great your MIL is feeling better though. I’m guessing that you will have to revisit this somewhere down the track though.. The As for the heartburn, I get it from time to time and just chew a couple of mylanta tablets which seems to settle it down if it is just short turn. Cannot abide the liquid mylanta but the tablets you chew are fine. Always carry so,e with me as I usually get heartburn while travelling and not in routine..

Hi Doggy. It has been hot and steamy here..4th day running we have closed the house up and run the air con so I know the feeling. Not much good for taking dogs for walk I’m thinking. Must be a good feeling when all the holidaymakers go home and things get back to normal.

Fit ..hope you feel better. Now OH is home you will have someone to look after you and cook dinner…same advice as I gave SJ. Hot packs do wonders especially in winter. And just relaxing the muscles….would you believe OH calling to say dinner is ready already!! Bye for now everyone, πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Late post today. OH as had some scans attended for his back pain, so a busy day.
    WELCOME ALI AND BEN TO OUR AUSSIE DETERMINATION THREAD…..WISHING YOU BOTH ALL THE BEST IN YOUR JOURNEY WI5H 5:2.
    SJ-Could this be stress related?.Hoping that this settles very soon ,so as not to interfer with this precious time you are about to spend with your GC on Sunday.Wonderful news for your OH YOU BOTH MUST BE RELIEVED. πŸ‘πŸŽ‰
    AA- πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘Well done. ….be very proud of yourselfπŸŽ‰πŸ’
    PH-So good to see you back up on the thread .take care of your self
    FIT-Have you used a heat cream ..like DENCORUB?…the cream generates heat so be careful if you use a heat pad as you can cause a burn . So relieved to know that your OH is hone safe and soundπŸ‘πŸ‘«
    Have a comfortable relaxing evening/night πŸ˜˜πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œ……GO GAL

How lovely for you PH, he sounds a really nice man. I think the excessive heat is knocking us all around, your body must have needed that sleep, but as you say, what about tonight? You may surprise yourself and sleep well, so fingers crossed πŸ˜‰ Don’t forget to be gentle with yourself with the exercise too, and try to go at your own pace πŸ˜ƒ Have a relaxing evening, you could be up chatting to Fit and Jade, and Bert now she is back, so it’s nice to have company when you can’t sleep….πŸ’Xxxxxx

Hi All!
    Didn’t have a great night thanks to neck/shoulder pain. OH got up to get me some painkillers at about 4am. Still couldn’t sleep until he got up and I was able to stretch my arm out straight across the bed…..for some reason that seemed to ease the pain and I managed to get some sleep. It’s feeling a lont better this morning but I think the idea of anti-inflammatory cream is a good one. Thank you all for the concern and advice…..it’s like having my own personal medical team on standby all the time!πŸ‘·
    Bert, it’s lovely to have you back again. What alot you have had to deal with! You are one special DIL to go to such lengths to look after your MIL. No wonder your fd went west! I hope your MIL continues to do well. Best of luck getting back on the 5:2 horse! Hope you manage to grab some ‘me’ time too πŸ’•
    SJ, busy first day back for you, life will be so much more relaxed when you retire….you won’t know yourself! I’m hoping and praying with all my heart that everything works out for you on Sunday, you so deserve to see your GKs and they deserve to see granny and grandad too. Stay strong and positive ✊πŸ’ͺ Have a lovely evening with your friends, it’s great to hear good news for a change πŸ™‚
    Dawg, glad to hear your locality is getting back to normal and you can get about more easily. Hope the weather turns more comfortable too xxπŸ˜€
    Jade, no worries about the sex change! I had a lovely time and managed to stay inside my TDEE, so all’s well that ends well! Hope your day hasn’t been too frantic. Gosh, your presidential campaign sure is scary..”I don’t know who would do the least damage, never mind trying to find the one that might do some good!πŸ™„πŸ€”
    PH, what a lovely story about the coffee shop owner….aren’t there some lovely people in the world who go that extra mile when doing their jobs and it makes all the difference in the world. Hope your aches and pains stay away and you get a good night’s sleep. Your daughter is so lucky to have bespoke clothes made for her πŸ™‚
    GG, hope your OH gets relief for his back soon, it’s so restrictive when you are suffering from back trouble because it affects everything you do. Take care πŸ’•
    CG, I have always bought lots of fresh fruit and veg but am still addicted to weight watchers biscuits…. I just have to have something with my cuppa, it’s a habit I just can’t break. I try to drink lots of water all day instead of cups of tea or coffee, but when the weather is so cold, you need a hot drink. I think politicians the world over need their bums smacked and if all world leaders were women, it would be a very different scene. I’d vote for you as supreme commander over them all to whip them into shape!πŸ˜ƒπŸ™…βœŒβœŠπŸ’ͺπŸ‘

Viewing 50 posts - 11,251 through 11,300 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.