August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

This topic contains 880 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by  mishty 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 883 total)

• Day 6 – Eastern WA – LFD

Did quite well yesterday. I’m thinking I still have some work on not eating if not hungry. Yesterday I didn’t eat until lunch and chose well. Later I enjoyed a sugar free americano with a little heavy cream. Then I was planning a light evening meal. I wasn’t hungry but I still went ahead and ate it; not bad choices in food but I wasn’t hungry. I think partly I thought that I wasn’t going to be eating today and most of tomorrow, so the food needed to be eaten. If I would have thought a little further, I might have come up with the idea of freezing the food for later.

@Arellcade – yay you made it through your 1st FD of the month!

@ciren2 – so sorry about your foot. I agree with @metatautsa that shoes & perhaps specific inserts could be helpful. Also when looking at doctors, don’t forget about chiropractic for your foot. I had wonderful help for my foot from the chiro.

If someone can. I’d appreciate being added to the FD list.

Enjoy day 6 sunshine team!

Day 6. Florida

FD today. So far so good. Monday is a busy day with my art classes.
    A BIG thanks to @michelinme,@ShinyThing,@Anna6,@foodfreedomgirl,@Rainbowsmile,@FlourBaby,@AT and anyone else I might have missed for your sweet comments on my art.
    While photography is my main thing, I enjoy pastels, acrylics and now learning how to use water colors. A new technique I’m learning is paint pours. Check YouTube on that. Lots of fun and a surprise eveytime.

Waterfasters:
    @rainbowsmile
    @borealis
    @dykask Welcome back buddy!
    @coda
    @michelinme
    @basyjames

Pocket list Day 6
    @arelkade
    @molij
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @babs_b
    @strawberriesandcream
    @missybear
    @at
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @purplevilet
    @kerryn73
    @mishty
    @kaywesterman

Have a great day.

Day 6, Idaho USA, Warrior FD.

Eating mindfully was not as hard as I expected this weekend. There were a few times I ate when I knew I wasn’t actually hungry, but I chose things like a tart green apple. I didn’t feel guilty at all!

Back to my eating window today!

@dykask – glad you got to enjoy some cookie dough ice cream! Once in 7 years is definitely worth a bit of indulgence. 🙂

@purplevilet – way to stay strong at the bbq! Do you feel empowered?

@ciren2 – that doesn’t sound like Plantar Fasciitis, but if it does indeed turn out to be a variation, pilates made all the world of difference for me! Basically the dr. gave me a sheet of exercises and said “good luck” indicating that once you have it it’s common to have the issue off and on for life. I’m a runner. Bummed does not even begin to describe what I was feeling! After following the icing regimen and stretches for 6 weeks I had little improvement. Glumly I started pilates again, so that I would at least sort of stay in shape. Within 3 weeks I was running pain free again!

@borealis – you got this! you can have something tomorrow! Just one day away!

Day 6 London UK FD

Just catching up on a few posts.

@foodfreedomgirl I love the sound of Pilates. I love running too but never manage to get past 8k as I have a shoddy left knee. I wonder if Pilates might help with that.
    @ciren2 Really hope you find something to help. I have insoles for my knee and they really do help with the day to day pain I started experiencing a couple of years ago.
    @kaywesterman Congrats – how wonderful to be recognised for something you love doing. I’m sure you must be very talented!

@annemarilyn I’ll add us both to the list now!

Waterfasters:
    @rainbowsmile
    @borealis
    @dykask Welcome back buddy!
    @coda
    @michelinme
    @basyjames
    Pocket list Day 6
    @arelkade
    @molij
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @babs_b
    @strawberriesandcream
    @missybear
    @at
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @purplevilet
    @kerryn73
    @mishty
    @kaywesterman
    @annemarilyn
    @beedoo

Day 6, Gozo, Malta, cd

Today s fast day turned into a cd. I thought I stopped eating but then I prepared two duck breast with cherry sauce and roasted potatoes to my son this evening and he ate only one. So I ended eating the other duck breast complete with cherry sauce and two pieces of potatoes. So today ended in a cd.

Tomorrow I’m making Auvergne parmigiana and I’m having a portion.

@at I admire you for pressing the reset button after a feast day. Alas today I failed to do that.

Onwards and downwards. Keep on keeping on everyone

Day 6 – Michigan,USA – FD

What was supposed to be a NFD turned into a FD. I have no appetite. Everything I eat just tastes gross for some reason. :/ Hopefully tomorrow will be better, as I’m turning it into a NFD.

@rainbowsmile thank you very much! I am not in the UK. 😀 The last time I danced was the beginning of high school (I think) so it’s been a couple years. I still have the worst coordination imaginable. I have considered pole dancing lessons, though. ^^

2nd post

wfd almost completed but have retired early just in case lol. Didn’t have my kefir after all and just stuck to water. Tbh it wasn’t too bad and i can’t say I was really hungry at any time which helped. Ì felt a little cold and tired in the evening but other than that no other effects apart from numerous trips to the loo. Not sure I could get my head in gear for 10 days of it though. Hat’s off to you @rainbowsmile. I’m doing a fast day tomorrow as well but looking forward to some homemade tomato soup.

@kaywesterman – well done you, must be a nice feeling.

@ciren2 – hope you get something that helps you walk again without pain. I would try either chiropractor or osteopath to see if they can help pinpoint the cause.

@beedoo – why not try maintenance at this weight and see how you feel. You may find you drop a little more anyway or you may decide you need a little more wriggle room.

Day 6, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Back from mini vacation. Checking in. Will catch up on posts tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing fine! 😊🌼🌻

USA Day 6 FD
    Second Post

I had hoped I would come in at a lower calorie amount but I got bored and had some Skinny Pop popcorn. Tomorrow I will do better! Have a great evening (or night), everyone!

Day 6 USA (Illinois) NFD

Thanks so much for all the kind remarks about our Summer Pops Concert. What we got through went very well (including my solo with one spiritual) but… well… we got through 2/3 of it before the skies let loose! Rain and wind, so we had to go back to the storage of the band shell basement area this morning to pick up the equipment and music. But, it was very well received!

Leaving tomorrow to help the newly married daughter in Utah get settled into her husband’s house. Spent today with my Silver Sneakers group then a P.E.O. meeting. No rest for the weary! Packing in the morning tomorrow… whew. I look forward to my time with daughter and 2 granddaughters out there. It will be a great change of pace.

Onward and downward.

Day 7 – Japan – NFD 78.3kg

Weight is basically where I was two weeks ago, so I didn’t really gain much in two weeks. However I felt the effect when fasting. The water fast wasn’t horrible but it wasn’t easy either. Yet I was just fine this morning. In general, I think my body is responding more normally now. When I was overeating my body did what it could to reduce the impact. Thousands of extra calories didn’t translate in to extra pounds of fat, but it did translate into more activity and bowel movements. I’m sure if I kept it up for months, it would translate into extra fat. In the past I think my body wouldn’t have responded the same way. Likely fasting made most of the difference. Also I tend to avoid refined sugar outside of treats and I think that helps too. (Would have helped more if I also skipped the treats!)

Best of luck to all those still fasting for day 6. You are almost done!
    Waterfasters:
    @rainbowsmile
    @borealis
    @coda
    @michelinme
    @basyjames

Pocket list Day 6
    @arelkade
    @molij
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @babs_b
    @strawberriesandcream
    @missybear
    @at
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @purplevilet
    @kerryn73
    @mishty
    @kaywesterman
    @annemarilyn
    @beedoo

Wow August sunshine team!

Just WOW!

Look at that pocket list.

So so inspiring.

Grinning from ear to ear!

Mari

Day 6-NFD-NY, USA

@rainbowsmile kindly add me to August challenge (I mean I guess I can add myself but I feel like I need to let this month’s head coach know, you know?)
    July was dismal for me. I thought I’d try the 800cal fast day but I’m going to go to 500 for August and see how that works. I have a friend who told me fasting doesn’t work for everyone and that I should try the blood type diet? I told her I’m very inconsistent. My daughter got my phone and took a bunch of pictures of me. Needless to say, I’m very discouraged at the moment. I mean, she’s 3. So the angle isn’t the best, but still. Could use some encouragement.

Day 7 (Melbourne, AUS) NFD

Did a fast day yesterday and felt pretty good. I have a tendency to get very hungry the following day, so just focusing on making healthy choices, and drinking enough water today!

@rainbowsmile thanks so much, this challenge has been great with all the posts and inspiration (especially helpful when my willpower wanes….!!!)

Thanks @ccco and @debster251 – it’s all very exciting 🙂 and I love that i found the 5:2 diet as well, although i’ve never been overweight, i’ve often been borderline despite seemingly healthy eating and plenty of exercise, so i’m glad i’ve found a WOL that works and fits in with my lifestyle!

@lorky35 – it’s soo hard to get out of a rut, i feel for you! One day at a time, and focus on the small wins.

Gretta

Day 7: Gloucestershire, UK: FD
    Thanks all for advice about my poor old foot and Plantar Fasciitis. I’ve been trying all sorts. I’ve always had trouble finding comfortable shoes, my feet are wide etc. I wear mens’ shoes for my job (delivering the mail)flat leather lace-ups. I’ve never been able to wear anything very fashionable, always going for comfort. Insoles? yes, various. I have a massage ball, I do stretches, accupunture and I’m seeing a podiatrist again this week. Nothing has really helped. They say it just takes a long time….

Fast day list for day 7: Just add your name:

@ciren2

Day 7 London UK NFD

A big day today….

Well after pondering yesterday over whether to head into maintenance at 0.3kg away from goal weight, this morning I weighed myself and I’VE DONE IT! 49.9kg to be precise. Sounds so low and I don’t want to lose anymore. I should add that I’m 5ft 3in (or 1.6m) and a petite build. 50kg/8st was my weight for the past 20 years. The extra stone I have now lost did not sit well at all. I simply can’t believe I’ve done it!

Feeling a little apprehensive about maintenance but also excited! Will be reading up on tips and be grateful for any you can provide here.

@rainbowsmile please could you highlight me on the spreadsheet…never thought I’d already be asking for that! Thank you 🙏

Hello all day 7 in NI fast day

@beedoo well done

@lorky35 – we have all been there, just keep on keeping on and take a day at a time. What are you telling yourself at the moment? My guess it would be a lot of negative that you are feeding your brain. STOP! Your friend says it doesn’t work? Why not prove her wrong. Give it 100% for a week and see if it doesn’t work. We will hold your hand tightly for the next week. Plan your fast days, what will you have? Plan your healthy eating days, what will you have? Plan some exercise, what will you do? You can do this and it will work x

Fast day list for day 7: Just add your name:

@ciren2
    @coda

Day 7 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Had quite a bad day mental health wise yesterday. I felt scared, anxious, sad, I even had a little cry for myself. I am surprised that I am actually feeling worse instead of better after a week away from the problem. I am kind of lost to be honest. I did not sleep well last night either.

But, today is a new, bright, shiny day and I will believe that everything is ok.

As far as yesterday’s FD was concerned, while I was tempted by a glass of wine (to help me sleep 🙄 Hah!)…I resisted and instead had a cup of chamomile tea. No bother falling asleep but woke at 2.30am and here I still am.

So FD good.

@beedoo super congratulations! Well done. I am 5’2 and a petite build too, so I know how extra weight really looks on us smallies ☺️ What a great achievement. I hope to join you maintainers next month.

@lorky35 – If you want to burn off fat, fasting works and it does work for everyone that is healthy enough to fast. If you don’t eat you will lose weight and if you have plenty of fat, you end up with less fat after a fast. The fun part but possibly harder is actually learning to eat healthy. It likely is possible to why overeat and undo the benefits of a fast.

Now if you are on some medications (need to check with a doctor), nursing or pregnant, under-weight, or a child then you shouldn’t be fasting. If you are sick you need to listen to your body.

People often talk about all the problems with fasting without having any first hand experience with it. Fasting can sound scary but it is one dog that has a much larger bark than bite. Fasting also gets easier over time.

Before I tried fasting I was reading blogs about it like this one: https://idmprogram.com/blog/ It took me a long time to try it. However compared to the typical weight lose diets, fasting is a walk in the park! Unlike many other diets, fasting actually works.

Good luck to you.

Day 7 UK FD

Sorry I didn’t check in yesterday myself and the baby are suffering from man flu (It’s a grumpy one) and are full of snot! I’m still going to try for a fast day as I haven’t got much of an appetite anyway at the moment.

@foodfreedomgirl I have been fasting (This time round) since the end of March. I usually try to do a run as late in the day as possible so I can eat after as that tends to work best for me. Plans interfered with this on Sunday so I had to do my run in the morning which made for a very hard fast day.

@beedoo well done!!! 😁 I too am 5ft 3 and am currently stuck in 9 stone land. But 8 stone land is in sight so I shall keep going.

Today’s fast list:

@ciren2
    @coda
    @sarahbob

Day 7, Guildford UK, WFD

Yesterday was very troubling. I panicked as my blood sugar fell and fell to 3.8 so just before midnight I added some extra bone broth and a half spoon of MCT oil to it. I also had a small amount of yogurt. Total about 100 calories but it got my blood sugar up.

This morning I am fine again, but blood sugar below 4.0 is dangerous and almost needs medical intervention. But I didn’t want to go out of ketosis.

My tummy rumbled yesterday all day, that never happens to me on a WFD.

Blood sugar 5.1 ketones 1.2 (high this will be MCT oil).

———————————–

@lorky35 Welcome. I understand the self doubt thinking that you can’t or there is a perfect regime or the time isn’t right or or that was me. The great thing about this WOL is that it is WOL not a diet. There is no fail, just get back on it the next day. So please join in, this is the only method that has worked for me because I can get back on it.

@beedoo I went to highlight and a kind soul had completed that job for me. Way to go. So thrilled for you to reach goal.

@ciren2 that sounds so painful, I suffer a little sometimes when I abuse my feet with heels whilst dancing. I have some pain but to have it all the time is so difficult, i can’t imagine it.

@gretta we are pleased to have you with us.

@dykask so glad to have you back, clearly the holiday was good and you are in a great position to motor forwards.

@songbirdme I googled silver sneakers and mistyped as silver streakers. Gave me a bit of a fright actually……until I realised what I done. Concert sounds so fun especially when I have the image in my mind I have.

@ccco I didn’t know about skinny popcorn. I wished I loved popcorn but it is something I can resist. But I know it can be very filling.

————————–

Today’s sunshine song

https://youtu.be/sYi7uEvEEmk

It’s a lovely day as Bill Withers says.

—————————

Today fasting pocket list

@ciren2
    @coda
    @rainbowsmile WFD (7 of 10)

Let’s make day 7 awesome!

Mari

Day 7, UK, NFD

Yesterday was a successful FD, sort of 🙄 . I went over 500 cal , but not by much so its ok. For some reason it didn’t feel like a fast day, really odd 😯 . Scales don’t budge though. Ah well, we carry on.

@dykask welcome back 😀 , its so good to hear that your holiday went well and there is not much damage to the weight , your body has changed for the better long term it seems 😀

@lorky35 I added you to the spreadsheet if you want to use it 🙂

@beedoo wow! Congrats on reaching your goal weight 💃 thats a great news and encouragement for all of us. Well done 😀

@daffodil2010 sorry to hear you are still having a hard time mentally, try and remember that there are many nice things in your life that are all good, focus on good. I hope you feel better soon, sending you a virtual hug 🤗

Have a good day everyone 🌺

P.S. Just reading the article from the link @dykask posted, https://idmprogram.com/the-critical-importance-of-meal-timing-for-weight-loss/ , about the amount of times we eat a day, and its so true. I can’t remember who was asking about that earlier last week …

Day 7- India-NFD

Feeling good after the awesome FD yesterday. Managed to consume only 210 calories throughout the day… I am sooooooooo proud of myself. Keep up the good work girl. Though the scale didn’t show much of a reduction… I feel lighter.

Planning a nice NFD with lots of home-cooked healthy and simple meals. Except for a little piece of oreo chocolate… all else is good.

Edit your life frequently and ruthlessly. It’s your masterpiece after all.

Day 7, Newcastle UK, NFD

Day 7 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

I calculated how many alcohol units and alcohol calories I consumed over the weekend. No wonder I felt rough yesterday, booze total was 22 units / 1455 calories 😱
    No surprise that yesterday’s FD felt difficult. I would feel proud that I stuck with it but what I really feel is shame about the weekend over indulgence. My body so needs a rest from booze!

@beedoo congratulations!

@rainbowsmile I’m still grinning at the thought of silver streakers.

Onwards and downwards on the sunny train to good health 😊

Day 7 – NFD; Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone,

so yesterday’s plan to have B2B fasting days didn’t work out, as fiance tempted me with a late night snack which brought me calorie count to 1000kcal. Oh well, I’ll take it. the scales are still following a downward trend and we’re planning a FD on Thursday.

Only two weeks until we go on holiday! I am concerned about over-eating while away, my problem is also overindulgence with the wine. I’m not sure if we will manage full on FDs, but hopefully we can do CDs.

Good luck to everyone fasting today!

@beedoo – super well done on reaching maintenance! 50kg sounds tiny. Congrats again, well earned 🙂

Day 7 NSW Australia NFD
    (8.40pm Tuesday)
    Hi everyone. Just checking in.

Yes @annemarilyn I survived my 1st FD yesterday (in over a month). Thank you. Very pleased!!!

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Day 7, London, UK FD (1st of B2B2B)

Back on the OMAD B2B2B wagon today and looking forwards to it too!!!!

It would appear that the winos amongst us are slowly revealing themselves!!!! I can say that because I’m one of them!!!
    Abstinence-August …………………. @flourbaby, @strawberriesandcream, @rainbowsmile, @missybear & @at

@kerryn73, @annemarilyn remember, YOU ARE NOT A BIN!!! The options are 1) eat the leftovers to get rid of it, and scupper your fasting efforts or 2) throw it away to get rid of it and continue on your fasting journey ………………………. Either way, the leftovers will be gone!!! I hate food waste & I belong to the “clean plate brigade”, but if I can’t freeze it then the bin wins!!!!!!

Congratulations @beedoo, what an achievement, I bet you’re looking back and thinking just how easy it was!!!!!

Thinking of you @daffodil2010………….. chin up, he isn’t worth your time, worry or tears!!!!

@rainbowsmile, an actual honest to goodness shiver went down my spine at the thought of ‘silver streakers’ …………… Uurgh!!!!!

Onward & Downwards folks ……………………….. and remember, Keep Calm & Step Away from the Fridge!!!!!!

Day 7 UK CD

Chuffed as bunnies to have managed yesterday’s WFD! Got through the 30C day on 4litres fizzy water with a couple of sliced strawberries to mix it up. Also had to slide in a late night banana so i could take medication, which I’d forgotten about. Total 90 calories for the day. Slept like a baby for a full undisturbed 8 hours, woke up thirsty rather than hungry, feeling energetic and focused despite another 30C day. A good day!

Still yet to do yoga & meditation, been a bit caught up with a friend who came round early to help me with some stuff. We picked another 1kg blackberries and there’s not really room in the freezer so time to start making some stuff – beginning with elderberry vinegar and blackberry cordial I think. I can never have enough elderberry vinegar and still got plenty of blackberry liqueur left from last year. May even think about foraging wild plums later this week, and making a start on the chutneys. Interspersed with getting that last piece of project work done so i can relax into my 2 weeks off…

@ciren2 podiatrists are miracle workers, hope the pain eases soon
    @daffodil2010 so sorry to hear about your low mood. Sometimes it’s really good to catch up with feelings – acknowledging pain and uncertainty is part of processing and will hopefully lead you through this difficult change to something that works much better for you xx
    @jisika loving your quotes, thank you
    @beedoo congratulations on reaching your goal!!!
    @sarahbob hope you feel better v soon
    @dykask great to have you back
    @rainbowsmile really appreciating your water fast diary, and loving the music – thank you 🙂

Day 7, UK, NFD

@beedoo – WELL DONE! That must feel amazing. I can’t wait to get back to my ‘good weight’! Hearing the success stories really helps spur me on, thank you. 🙂

I had a FD yesterday and found it harder than the others so far. It was a real mental battle yesterday even though I didn’t feel hungry all that often. I almost felt like I’d failed somehow, but I only ate my one meal in the evening.

Still deciding when the next FD will be – either tomorrow or Thursday. I’ve got a bit of sea bass in the fridge at the moment and I want to make sure I have that on a NFD, so my next FD will be planned by the expiry date on the fish!! lol

Good to be in the challenge to keep my head in the game. Thanks all 🙂

Thanks for all the congrats @coda @daffodil2010 @sarahbob @rainbowsmile @shinything @missybear @moukinator @flourbaby @michelinme !

And thank you too whoever highlighted me on the spreadsheet! It really does feel like such a huge achievement and being able to share it with people who are on the same journey really makes it all the more special.

I am worried that having achieved my goal much quicker than I had expected to, it will all pile back on. But with the help of this forum, remaining accountable and continuing to weigh in every day I’m determined to stay on track.

@daffodil2010 I’m so sorry to hear that you are feeling low. It is not surprising in some ways as this is a time of such upheaval and great change in your life. You have taken such a brave step and remember that the great change that comes with this step WILL be positive. Feeling lost is also understandable – work is such a big part of our lives. It sounds like this is a time for you to refocus on what you want to do. A few posts ago you talked about the love you had for your job and then were very honest in saying how that had changed. I do so admire your honesty with yourself. This soul searching will hopefully help you identify a new path to follow.

@dykask I love the title of that article “What? Fasting is NOT crazy, batsh@* stupid? Will look forward to having a read of it myself later this evening.

@sarahbob I think we are in a similar situation after having a baby – am I right in thinking yours is 2 years old? My little boy turns two in a couple of weeks. Sounds like you workout a lot, I wish I could say the same for myself! Although I am pleased with how 30 Day Shred is going! Between work and my son, I struggle to find time to do much more. However, despite getting to goal weight I definitely have a belly that needs toning through exercise.

I hope you see the back of man flu very soon and that the little one recovers asap!

@rainbowsmile Your day yesterday sounds worrying indeed. Did you get any medical advice? Really hope you are feeling better now and that today is a better day. Love the typo with searching for Silver Streakers, I daren’t think too much about what Google must have thrown up!!

@missybear Those dreaded alcohol calories!! Does sound like it was a fun weekend though! Not sure what I’ll be drinking come winter. I’m finding it easy enough to stick to gin and slimline tonic as it’s so hot as the moment, but I do love a delicious bottle of red when it’s cooler!

@moukinator We are also on hols in 2 weeks’ time. Feeling a tad nervous about it but reminding myself that I can always do 4:3 if need be when we get back. We are going to my in laws in Ireland and they don’t have scales which makes me extra nervous!

@flourbaby I used to be a wino prior to having baby. I’m just a part time one now!
    And yes, dare I say it, it does seem like it was easy to lose. But almost too easy which serves as a good reminder of just how easy it would be to put back on.

@michelinme All your plans for the fruit sounds divine! I love the sound of blackberry liqueur. What does elderflower vinegar taste like? Is it used in salads?

@jisika I love your quotes!

Mine for today is “Your only limit is you”

second post

Thank you @babs_b I missed your post. It does feel every bit as wonderful as you think it will. I can vouch for that. I cant wait for you to experience it! x

Day 7, Surrey (UK), NFD. 153lb. 3lb to lose to maintenance!

Just a quick visit in between holiday breaks, to report that I’ve broken the door down to 10-stone-something land….at last! And this, after a walking holiday in the English Lakes with more than a few food and drink indulgences, as well! At least, the walking helped to keep the calorie burn up!

Off shortly for another week’s break, this time to Brittany. There will be even more indulgences to tempt me, and rather less opportunities for exercise. So I’m keeping my mind firmly fixed on today’s scale reading, in the hope that I can stay this side of the 10-stone-something door. I will try!

A bit about me…I’m 57, 5’8″ tall and, unlike many petite people on this forum, I am built like the proverbial brick outhouse! When I started this WOE 9 months ago, I was nearly 200lb, so that’s 47lb lost so far! My BMI is currently 23.something, yet my waist/height ratio looks much better at 0.45. So I’m having difficulty deciding when to go into maintenance mode. My initial target was 150lb, which was my weight when I got married, some 27 years ago. I’m still aiming for that, but am trying to tone up as well, to lose more fat and regain some muscle mass. So, only 3lb to go to weight maintenance, but a lot of work still to do to improve my body composition.

Wherever you are, however you are feeling, please take heart…this WOE really does work, even for brick outhouses like me! Keep on keeping on, everyone, You know you are worth it!

Day 7, Dublin, CD (16:8)

Back to work after a lovely long bank holiday weekend and while there was plenty of exercise it didn’t prevent the jump in scales this morning due to all the nice food enjoyed after said exercise. Hoping a lot of water and peppermint oil will get me back on track.
    Not sure if any one has done the Cuilcagh Boardwalk in Fermanagh but it’s something I would recommend to everyone, beautiful views after a steep climb but very doable and definitely worth it.

@annemarilyn Many thanks for your welcome I’m glad to be back.

@foodfreedomgirl Sounds good! Last week I was on a 16:8 day Monday with no food after 5pm and attempted to run Tuesday morning.. didn’t work for me I had no energy so I’ve swapped for run for evenings and finding it works better. Not hungry after an evening run so wait to eat again at breakfast the following morning and that’s working better for me. How do you find fasting and running?

@rainbowsmile Firstly well done on your current run of WFDs very impressive. I hope you are getting the results you are after I am enjoying following your progress. I’m not sure if the hayfever is a result of the great weather we are getting this Summer in Ireland but it hasn’t affected me during the Summer before. Usually in Winter if I get sick I do suffer with my breathing… currently waiting on follow up appointment with the doctor about it. But glad to say it has cleared up significantly since the pollen count has dropped down again.

@debster251 Glad to hear that 16:8 is working for you too, it’s new for me but finding it good so far. Hope you had a good trip to Donegal I’m going to visit at the end of this month and really looking forward to it.

Think I’ve caught up on everyone’s posts and hopefully I haven’t missed any one in my response apologies if I have.
    Hope you all have a lovely day!

Day 7 – USA – NFD

@beedoo, congratulations! FatFingers, kudos to you also; you’ve got me by 4 lbs. at the moment…my goal is also 150 and I am presently 157, but I’d like to give myself an extra 3 lbs. to play with so perhaps I’ll wait to go onto maintenance when I hit 147…@Daffodil2010, I hope it doesn’t come off aloof to say that “this too shall pass”, but I mean it in the most encouraging sense. @ciren2, sorry you have been taking everyone’s advice all along and it still is not working. I can imagine you were probably rolling your eyes saying “been there, done that”, but you are correct that it takes time to heal and I hope you do. @sarahbob, hope you and baby feel better soon.

Day 7, Melbourne Australia, FD

Hi there, today I added my name to the spreadsheet, which I think is a great idea. I have tried to start doing the Fast Diet maybe twice before, once when I watched Micheal Mosley’s documentary and after I had my baby. I found the first 2 FD’s went well and then caved, especially when I wasn’t prepared. But what I did like about it was that it can fit in with my family’s life without cooking different dinners, etc. So I am giving it another go and discovering this spreadsheet I think will help as I lack will power.

So today I started with my first FD. I work part time as a teacher and I find the days I fast at work are much easier to do than fasting on my off days because I am around my fridge or pantry! Today I was home and, with my partner’s support, I managed to only eat 500 calories, I was quite impressed! The next FD will be on Thursday when I’m at work.

It has been great reading your posts, keep up the great work!

Day 7 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

@beedoo congrats to you, I know the feeling and that is what is keeping me going. I have lost a total of 23lbs since starting this WOL in mid Jan 2018. This really does work. When I walk passed a mirror or window I have to stop and admire the new me. It really is a wonderful feeling. The best part is if I feel like a slight cheat day, I know it is okay because all I have to do is a good FD and boom.

Only I can change my life, no one can do it for me. Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Day 7 North canton OH FD

@lorky35 I agree with @gretta, find a really small goal and conquer that to build up your self-confidence. I have been where you are, and you do not have to stay there. A thousand mile journey begins with one step , then two, then three… you get the jist. You can overcome, you have what it takes and we are all here for you! Like @at said fasting is nothing compared to some of the diets out there, I should know – because I have tried them all.

@beedoo you go !!! congratulations, I am so excited for you.

@daffodil2010 sending you a virtual hug. I will share something personal with you in the hope that it may help. My teen daughter struggles with anxiety and panic attacks. We have been trying to be more open about mental health in our family, and we have open discussions about some of the issues she struggles with. One of the issues she struggles with is fear of the unknown and during our last family discussion, we figured something out that helped us all – perspective. Your work issue is a big unknown right now and I can understand why you are anxious about it, however since you have no control over what is coming around the corner, it may be helpful to focus on the things you do have control over. As you well know, nothing lasts forever and this too shall pass and you may even be the better for it.

in other unrelated news, I stepped on the scale and regained 2 of the 3 pounds I lost before my wine drinking and cake eating over the weekend. The struggle continues :)

@beedoo: YAY!!!

Day 7, CFD, US

I’m not doing my planned FD today. Head is still not in the right place, but I am going to replicate yesterday’s CFD. Two CFDs is better than two normal TDEE days, I am telling myself. I have been sleeping badly lately, which I know doesn’t aid my mental will power. Magnesium oil seems to have the opposite effect on me! Am I using too little or two much? 2 squirts of the bottle on the sole of each foot.

Way to go Beedoo! An amazing achievement and I wish you all the best for maintenance.
    I have a 3rd option, @flourbaby – I give the leftovers to my dog! I know she appreciates it and I then don’t feel as if I’ve wasted food.

Dear @daffodil2010. It occurred to me that it’s almost as if you are grieving the loss of your job. You re-trained in something new, you found a job you (thought) you loved, you were then hurt and betrayed by the person you worked for, and now you’re realizing it was not quite the utopia you had thought. No wonder you are feeling so miserable! Be kind to yourself; I am sure you will come out of this dismal experience with sunshine back in your heart.

I don’t know if this applies to all the hosts of the challenge, but I keep popping in to ensure everyone is ok.

Just to let you all know I am around in case…..

A silver streaker runs by?

Thought a sunny smile might be in order, tomorrow is bin day and there is food waste bin.

I put both out, only to look in the food waste bin to find absolutely completely nothing in it. So I went a found a manky onion in the fridge and put it out with that!

@michelinme are your test results in tomorrow?

@penz sounds about right. However the skin on the soles of the feet is the thinnest next to the palms of the hands, you may want to apply where the skin is thicker, I use my posterior gleutemus max. That’s bum for those not in the know.

Mari

Day 7, Gozo, Malta, fd

Today I fasted at around 750 calories and I intent to drink only water this evening. Weight 67.3 kilos.

Everything is packed and ready for tomorrow when we leave for our cruise holiday. I won’t be posting until 15 August when we return home.

Tomorrow morning upon waking at 6.45 am I’ll attend the 700 am mass then have an early appointment with the hairdresser and then I have to go to my second daughter s new house as people are coming to connect the kitchen appliances and reverse osmosis. Then I’ll rush home and together with my OH and son go by car transfer to the 10.30 ferry to Malta. At 12.00 pm we board the cruise ship.

Take care all you beautiful people and keep on keeping on.

2nd post,

CRAVING CAKE!!!!

Did someone mention cake in a post???? It just launched itself into my brain!!! I used to crave a cigarette if I saw someone smoking……….on telly ………..LOL, Clearly I’m easily persuaded and susceptible to suggestion…………….

But……………

Staying strong, now just to locate the water bottle & drown that nasty carb dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 4 – NFD
    Day 5 – NFD
    Day 6 – CD
    Day 7 – Ireland – CD

Hi all, back from a busy BH weekend and looking into a good IF week! I can try!! 😉 I need to work out why my morning energy are low – waking up quite wrecked most days..although i am very active later in the day most days … am going to cut sugar as much as I can and alcohol where I can too… I have a long term a chronic condition which doesn’t affect me hugely anymore but sense that there is something not « quite right » at the moment so am getting full bloods tested to try get to the bottom of my lethargy…..

But onward and upward generally except for my weight which hopefully will be onward and downward!!!

Day Belfast NFD

Well yesterday’s fast morphed into a NFD because young son was home and we ate out last night.
    @rainbowsmile loved the Jason Mraz. I’m following your fast regime with awe. Totally amazing! Go you!
    @flourbaby – I’ll join you on Abstinence August. Having stomach issues atm so could do without any additional irritant, even though that ice cold white/rose is hard to resist on a warm evening in the garden.
    @rara0292 fantastic news to hear your friend is responding. And you’re right. This is a WOL so when you’re ready just press that reset button.
    @ciren2 poor you! I hope you find relief from your pain.
    @penz and @basyjames those weekends are a killer. Could you ‘halve’ the weekend i.e. say enjoy Saturday and be good on Sunday? I found that worked me for me.
    @beedoo. I think your body tells you when it’s right. Well done you!
    @lorky35 – hang in there. This forum is proof this WOL works. Some of us took the scenic route and some have take the express route, but it DEFINITELY works. Just keep chipping away. You’ll get there.
    @daffodil2010 ((Hugs)) hope you feel better soon.
    @jisika 👍
    @louiseo46 fu ny enough we are heading to Fermanagh next week and the boardwalk is a possibility. Thank you for your recommendation.
    @fatfingers. You’re a winner whatever you decide!
    Enjoy your holiday @anna6
    @rainbowsmile – great choice of music!

Had YS up the last couple of days and this morning had the privilege of some serious shopping with him… as in jewellers. Watch this space…..

Abstinence-August …………………. @flourbaby, @strawberriesandcream, @rainbowsmile, @missybear & @at, @kerryn73, @debster251

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER 💪💪💪💪

2nd post

I just have to thank you wonderful online people for the hugs and insights and it really really does help me. I am not normally somebody who feels this way, I believe in positivity and gratitude and kindness, and for the most part my life follows a very happy path. So this issue has completely sideswiped me.

@debster251, @shinything, @flourbaby, @michelinme..thanks guys, I am putting my chin up and I know that this too shall pass, thanks @metatauta, nothing aloof about that statement.

Thanks for sharing your daughters story @basyjames…..for years I suffered from anxiety and panic attacks but these have virtually disappeared as I got older, quit smoking, got rid of toxic people in my life, started this WOL, took back control. You are so right when you say perspective is needed. It certainly is. I am not able to fully control this work situation to suit me, big decisions will soon need to be made, but in the meantime I do have control over many other things, so will concentrate on them. Life will still happen. Thank you.

And @penz, you have hit the spot. I did not even know I was grieving…but I am, and for something that did not turn out to be what I hoped it would be and I know (now) I was too embarrassed to admit it. “Dream job not really that great” shock horror title.

I still have not told my family (my father especially….he is still shocked that I gave up a high flying career for a job in horticulture, he probably won’t say I told you so but still)..my poor DH and you guys are bearing the brunt of my ramblings.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I promise to be back to my usual self soon, and in the meantime I love the sunshine theme and the visual of @rainbowsmile and her Silver Streakers 😆

Blessings to you all xxx

Day 7 – Eastern WA USA- NFD

Broke the LFD at 36 1/2 hrs. Scale was down 2 lbs. Getting rid of July’s over indulgences. Will go for another FD tomorrow to get it taken care of before a week away. 4 of those days will be with my family in BC to add support. My dad is very weary as primary caregiver & advocate for my mom as she continues her hospital stay. It’s rough seeing your sweetheart get so puny. We’ve seen a really marked deterioration in Mom’s health during this stay; not just a “normal” progression of dementia.

@rainbowsmile – be sure to take care of yourself as you fast. Get the medical support if you need it. You’re a great encourager for all of us; be sure you’re doing what’s right for you 🙂

@beedoo – congrats on getting to maintainance!

@fatfinger – what wonderful progress! Have you done this with just 5:2 or some other tweaking?

@jaifaim – what does BH stand for?

@debster251 – sounds like some excitement at your house…

@daffodil2010 – thinking of you as you go through your feelings. I think it’s healthy that you feel them and share them. That’s much healthier than bottling things up. Maybe you’re a lot like many of us; a lover not a fighter. Yet there are times we’re called to fight or be warriors. It’s not a comfortable thing for lovers to step up and be a warriors. In my last teaching year,I found myself needing to be in warrior mode more and more as I needed to be an advocate for the English Language Learners and their parents. I even got called to the office over the all call intercom… but I felt I was doing what needed to be done. In the long run, that was more important. May you be encouraged @daffodil 2010! (((Hugs)))

Together we are stronger!

Day 7 – Iceland – FD

I am a bit ashamed that I did only manage a 20hr water fast yesterday… clearly need to practice some more – this will be my new goal for August! Today is an ordinary FD, had a couple of corn cakes (30cal) for lunch and now waiting to take a vegetable frittata out of the oven.

Today’s pocket list
    @ciren2

@coda

@rainbowsmile WFD (7 of 10)
    @flourbaby
    @lilygorecki – welcome to the challenge!
    @basyjames
    @anna6
    @borealis

Let’s make day 7 awesome!

Day 7 Florida

NFD today. Went over 500 calories yesterday but I’m okay with it. Did some exercises today. Found a new grocery store that has tons of fresh veggies and fruits at low prices. Plus they have lots of fish, some I didn’t know you could eat 😂. Marlin? Didn’t know you could eat that. So many varieties of fruits. I would have to google some to know how to eat them. 😃 It was more exciting then being in a candy store. Can’t wait to go back.
    Have a great evening.

Day 7 NFD

Thanks so much everyone for all the encouragement. You guys are the best! I’m going to go back to basics. Small, specific, reachable goals. Back to 16:8as well. Find it helps keep things consistent.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 883 total)

You must be logged in to reply.