August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

This topic contains 880 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by  mishty 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 883 total)

• Netherlands NFD

Summer in full swing. Sunshine each day. Unprecedented.

Just had oat milk cappuccino- very nice!

Day 5 USA (Illinois) NFD

Right at TDEE yesterday. Busy with rehearsal for today’s concert. If the rain will stay away (50% chance) I will be much happier. We sing in a beautiful park band shell.

Onward and downward.

Day 5 – Iceland – FD

Today is the day! My fasting holiday is officially over!

@strawberriesandcream – thank you for the link, very informative reading about the water weight. And good to know that the whole July weight gain cannot be all fat, more likely glycogen + the water needed to store it🙂
    @rainbowsmile – that is a good idea, I will join you for a water fast from 7pm tonight and hopefully manage more than 24hrs… agree with @ciren2 that your 10-day water fast is very impressive! Really admirable willpower!
    @cosmokid – I too weigh myself everyday for the same reason, I tend to eat more und unhealthier foods if I am not held accountable by Cruella😅
    @songbirdme – all the best for your concert tonight – and may the weather be on your side☀️

Pocket list for today
    @rainbowsmile WFD (4 of 10)
    @borealis 1st of B2B2B

Day 5-India-NFD

A very relaxed day at home…gave my pup a bath and played around with her. Pampered and took care of myself. Also did a lot of NOTHING 🙂

The insignificant elements within the man acquire the condition of growth…through the addition of food, water, and drink
    Within the body shell, you (soul) remain constant
    Do not become confounded by this body which has been fastened upon you…

Day 5, Gozo, Malta, nfd

The birthday party went well for my two year old grandson and all of us. It was hot as we were beside the pool but in the shade and both the children and adults spent four hours having fun. Ofcorse I ate a slice of birthday cake and for a starter I split with my OH a focaccia plus one slice pizza. Then I had lobster ravioli and a cappuccino. I did drink four glasses of white wine though. In the evening I had three chicken wings only.

Today I baked corn fed chicken pieces topped with fresh basil, mint and dried thyme (as I didn’t have fresh) and olive oil together with slices of courgettes and red pepper. I also baked some potatoes. We had Belgian chocolate ice cream as dessert but I only had one scoop. I didn’t drink wine today.

Theis evening I’ll have some fruit only. Tomorrow will be the first of B2B fast before going on holiday next Wednesday.

Onwards and downwards. Stay strong everyone.

Day 5 – USA – NFD

Day 5. Florida

NFD today. Ugh!! I can’t get past 175. I even felt slimmer. LOL. Oh well got to keep going. Something will give eventually. I’m proud to announce I’m artist of the month where I live. Basically it means I get to hang some of my art work in the display window for a month.
    Hope everyone has a great day.

USA Day 5 FD

Yesterday’s NFD got away from me, so today is a reset FD! LOL Maybe tomorrow, too! Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Day 5 UK CD

Nearly went into town this morning but feeling under the weather and not slept well in the heat so decided to take a hermit day & rest. Weight up 1lb but feeling less bloated, and glimmerings of that higher level of energy that comes with better food choices.

Faffed a lot, eventually made some bread and did yoga & meditation. It’s hard work getting back into a healthy routine and making myself do the things that make me feel better, eventually. I’m processing a lot from the last month, around health, projects and re personal & colleague relationships. Feels as tho it’s time to journey inwards and catch up with myself – and for now that means staying still rather than going away.

Baked some bread but resisted eating it – will slice it up and freeze, saving a couple of slices of fresh-baked for later on. The idea of freezing bread to change how it’s digested was in – http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4DfZMpv7BYJ3kGXdHxdxkKp/10-things-you-may-not-know-about-carbs

@jisika “Do not become confounded by this body which has been fastened upon you” – thank you!
    @songbirdme hope the concert goes really well
    @borealis good luck!
    @kaywesterman congratulations on being artist of the month!

Happy Sunday all x

2nd post

Keywesterman wow so you’re an artist. I love art and have an ordinary level in art but after my teens I didn’t paint anymore. Congratulations on being the artist of the month. Keep on keeping on in art and fasting!

Day 5 UK FD

My fast day has gone well so far and I started my day off with a run. I haven’t managed to quite get all my planned workouts done today as it’s just too hot and I am struggling with the heat. I am also feeling extra tired today.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Day 5 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Had plans to go boating but they opened all gates to the dam up north because of the heavy rain falls we have been having and now there is too much debris in the water.

Today makes for my third CNFD in a row and I have been staying below my TDEE’s and I am happy with that.

Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.” Eleanor Roosevelt

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Day 5 Idaho USA NFD

Walked 3 miles this morning, 1 1/2 to a meeting and then home. Beautiful weather. Date night with the hubby tonight. Glad for the opportunity to go out. Wish we were going dancing like so many of you mention, but the hubby doesn’t dance. LOL. Won’t try. I’m sure he’d do fine if He would, but oh well. Maybe someday. We adopted a 2 year old male dog with a lot of energy yesterday so I forsee a lovely future running buddy, once My daughter and I get him trained a bit anyway. That should bring extra joy to morning workouts!

@rainbowsmile – you don’t seem rhubarb to me at all!
    @songbirdme – wish I could hear your group! I need to make more of a conscious effort to find events, musical, theatrical etc. to attend. It’s too easy to work the weekends away.
    Congratulations @kaywesterman! what style of art? Many people talk of the whoosh effect, may it happen for you.
    @michelinme – more of an inward focused time can be so restoring. Wishing you the best in it.
    @sarahbob, how long have you been fasting. I struggled for a while to run and fast and keep energy. Keep playing with the stage of the fast that you run in. Some people do better earlier or mid fast and some right at the end. I personally do best with the end, but that’s more because I want to eat after, if I run in the morning of a fast day I really struggle to complete my fast.
    Great job Diana123 – staying on track is hardest over the weekend!

God i need to fast today. I have fallen completely off the wagon on holiday last week. I feel horrible! I woke up starving so had a small breakfast(otherwise I would be set up to fail for sure!) and that should be it until tomorrow. I usually do 16:8 on fast days but I couldnt do that on my first day back. I feel horrible. Headache, sore stomach. I think it’s all the bad food.
    Wish me luck. Because I sure need It!

Day 5 (just about), UK, NFD

Its been a very busy day and working long hours, so posting just before the day is over 😮 . I have been good with food today, no complaints. However, I’m having some wine now so ….. 😐 . Don’t know what’s wrong with me lately, it seems like my subconscious is doing a great job of self sabotage 😐 . I’ll just ride it out, I’m sure I’ll grow out of it.

@foodfreedomgirl I like what you said – ” Eat to nourish, not to soothe, ease boredom or reward.” Could’t agree more 🙂

@jisika – “The insignificant elements within the man acquire the condition of growth…through the addition of food, water, and drink
    Within the body shell, you (soul) remain constant
    Do not become confounded by this body which has been fastened upon you… ” – Love it! ❤ Thank you!

@kaywesterman artist of the month is a great achievement, well done 😎

@michelinme thank you for that link that explains the freezing carb mechanics, I didn’t know that and its good to know 🙂

@diana123 love that quote: “Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.” I always get much more impressed and in awe of old people looking their best and beautiful, than young 🙂

I hope everyone had a great weekend 😊

Day 5 – Eastern WA USA- NFD

Posting later today. Almost 7 PM here on the west coast. I was pleased mindful NFD yesterday and not eating until lunch today. This is a mindful weekend. If I can do it once, I can do it again! Cruella was even down .2 lbs this morning. It usually always goes the other direction on the weekend.

@debster251 – thank you for sketching the Irish geography. It helps to visualize where you are.

@rainbowsmile- thanks for the continued sunshine. It helps on the journey

@daffodil2010 – loved living vicariously through your motorcycle riding. It’s been too long since I’ve been on a ride.

Together the journey is better!

Day 6 – Japan – FD (#53 water fast in 2018)

Just back from the states. Wow I eat a lot and most of it wasn’t great food. Still there wasn’t much damage. This morning my weight was 81.9kg.

I only did 1 24 hour fast and skipped a couple meals, otherwise no fasting. So I’m getting back into swing of it.

I haven’t read any posts yet …

Day 6 NSW Australia FD

Hi everyone. Haven’t had time to catch up with recent posts – so sorry about that.

Today is my first FD for about one month. I’ve had water, and 2 cups of coffee made on water with full cream milk added – can’t go without milk! It’s just past 2pm Monday here, so not foing too bad! Fingers crossed!

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

FD. 2nd post.
    Finished up in 350 cal so i am happy with that. Feel so much better now! Phew!
    Might try for either tomorrow or Wed FD depending how I am Feeling!

2nd post

I’m feeling a bit more edginess than normal for a water fast. I guess two weeks of heavy eating in the states did some damage. The eating was mostly social … pretty lame excuse I guess. I also had a lot of deserts … wedding and I just really like chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream which I only found once in Japan in about 7 years! There have been so-called attempts but they just didn’t make the grade. Typically Japanese food is pretty awesome, but there are some things they just don’t get … cookie dough, cheese …

However the fasting has paid off. My H1C was 4.7 which good for me. My fasting blood glucose was normal this time, so I’m starving off the insulin resistance. My blood cholesterol was a more normal levels except my HDL was high giving me a ratio of total/high of less than 2.2. In a few months I probably do a physical in Japan again. However Japanese physicals are lot more aggressive on the testing the one’s in states so I’m not really looking forward to it. Still it good to know.

Day 6 North Wales FD

Hello all – day 6 in Ni – holding hands with @rainbowsmile and doing a water fast tho I have a small bottle of kefir with me that I may take if I feel the need. Small amount of calories but liquid and so good for me.

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -FD

Was shocked and delighted that I weigh the same this morning that I did on Friday ☺️ Yay, the bank holiday excess did not remain. Usually I am up 2-3lbs every Monday (water weight mostly as it goes within a day or so), but not today 😄

If things were normal I would also be at work on this bank holiday Monday, but they are not and I am not. I plan to have a very ME day today. DH goes to work at 1pm and I won’t see him for the rest of the day so I plan to give myself reiki, do some breathing exercises, a little yoga, and potter about the garden and early to bed.

Fasting today and really admire you guys on the WFD…..it will be a normal less than 500 cal FD for me. Some home made tomato soup for lunch when I break my fast, then maybe tuna and konjac rice for evening meal OR oat bran porridge with blueberries….see how I feel.

@rainbowsmile I meant to get back to you on the Google sheets and iPad. I don’t have any issue with it and can update no problem. I am sure it was just a temporary blip?

Day 6 Ireland FD

Polished off my controlled weekend with a pizza. Oops (but delicious!)

@michelinme- similarly with the likes of past, of you cool it and reheat it leads to absorbing less cals
    ‘So, according to scientist Dr Denise Robertson, from the University of Surrey, if you cook and cool pasta down then your body will treat it much more like fibre, creating a smaller glucose peak and helping feed the good bacteria that reside down in your gut. You will also absorb fewer calories, making this a win-win situation.’
    This comes from https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29629761
    @foodfreedomgirl – my life has changed forever since we got our rescue dog 9 months ago. Enjoy every moment.
    Sadly @annemarilyn we’re back to the usual Donegal weather today, dank and drizzly. 😦

Off home this morning.
    Starting today’s pocket list.

@dykask (welcome back!)
    @arelkade
    @slacknz
    @molij
    @coda (wf)
    @daffodil2012
    @debster251
    Onwards and downwards 💪💪💪

Day 6 UK FD

Hi all – I’ve been ‘greeted’ this morning with lots of emails in my work inbox so will have to keep this short & sweet. Today is a FD, I’m looking forward to it – I ate a few bits of rich food this weekend & feel like I want to give my body a break! Nothing crazily bad and I definitely found I was full a LOT quicker than I have been more recently before getting back into the 5:2 swing, so even after 2 weeks I think my appetite is shifting back to one that’s far less greedy!

I also managed a very short & sweet weights routine yesterday with really light weights too, but my body is aching today as a result. Hopefully a FD will help with some cellular repair in my muscles.

Onwards and downwards

Day 6, Newcastle UK, FD

Busy, busy weekend, too much food. Going to try for a mainly LFD today. Got a really busy week, so may be MIA at times.

Day 6 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Too much wine consumed over the weekend so I really need a FD today! I’ve decided to give my liver a rest from booze so I’m not going to drink alcohol again until my wedding celebration. Can the participants of Arid August please keep a tight grip of me?!!!

Day 6, Guildford UK, WFD (6 of 10)

Very poor nights sleep. Tired this morning, like a bad hangover. I booked a routine bowel exam this afternoon and that needed a 48 hour fast beforehand so that kept me motivated over the weekend. I also feel very achy so salt intake to go up. Will have a bone broth today to top up minerals and slight acid tummy.

Teeth are coated and breath smells of acetone. Body smells like dry biscuits. Poo is very pale so bowel must be almost emptied and am now on body own waste.

Blood sugar = 5.1, ketones= .7

yeah ketosis.

@annemarilyn glad you love the sunshine theme. @borealis hope the WFD is going well. I love 24 hr WFD. @dykask I note you are WFD today too, the bloods are looking good. Would love to exchange notes on how your journey to health has gone. @coda too I note you are in.

————————————————-

@debster251 when I was a child we inherited a caravan in Rossenalagh and went there to surf for a couple of seasons. I have lovely memories of Donegal. We sold the caravan and bought one in Fleetwood instead.

@jisika very good quote thought. I must bear it in mind when criticising
    HP moustache tummy.

@kaywesterman this August we will help you smash that 175 barrier, onwards and downwards. Trust the process.

@michelinme I wonder if the freezing trick works with potatoes or cake.

@slacknz would that yukky be carbs? Take it easy my friend as the carb monster is a tougb one to fight. I hope its just the overeating that will be temporary.

@daffodil2010 glad the iPad now ok, I did some random spreadsheet tweaking without much knowledge of it. Maybe it did something, unsure what I am doing but muddled through.

——————————–

Today’s sunshine dose so wherever you are have some love in your heart.

https://youtu.be/kcdlxfBnO8o

Jason Mraz singing live reggae asking for more sunshine in his life.

——————————

Please add, I hope I have captured everything.

Pocket list day 6

@borealis WFD
    @missybear FD
    @coda WFD
    @rainbowsmile WFD (6 of 10)
    @dykask WFD

Mari

Day 6, London, UK, NFD

Again, aiming for a CD – salad, fruit salad, Greek yoghurt & water ……………… that’s the plan anyway.

Confession time – I succumbed to a glass of rose with my mum yesterday!!!! I don’t even like rose, I’m a devoted red wine girl!!!! In Abstinence August as well!!!!! I have no excuse except, it was sweltering, I was hot, we were sitting in the garden and the rose was chilled to within an inch of its life, what’s a girl to do?????? Back on the wagon!!!

@kaywesterman – many congratulations!!! You should be proud, “Artist of the month” sounds lovely!! The best I can do is to draw a bath…………………. Or the curtains ……………………… or a breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@michelinme, I’ve been adding pasta (cooked the day before & chilled) to my salads recently, resistant starch is great for gut bacteria. When I used to eat bread I would freeze the sliced loaf and toast from frozen as and when necessary; who knew I was so far ahead of the game!!!!!!!!

@slacknz isn’t it strange how we’ve lived for so many years stuffing crap into our bodies in vast quantities and not registering just how bad it was making us feel!!!! Fasting has taught me to love (& recognise!!!) the feeling of hunger, to know the difference between hunger & thirst, to understand the addictive nature of processed foods (especially the carbs which STILL have a hold on me!!) & to enjoy the taste of fresh foods – Savour the Flavour!!!

Welcome back @dykask, my friend just got back from 1 week in Miami and ALL he talks about is the enormous food portions – I’m guessing he didn’t try very hard to find ‘good’ food, …………………. I’ve never seen so many photo’s of pancakes!!!! You should have a look at posts from @rainbowsmile our host this month, as she’s on a 10 day WF, fascinating info that, to be honest, goes a little bit over my head, but it’s right up your street!!!!!

@missybear, I think it’s just you, me & @strawberriesandcream for Abstinence August – I’m totally ignoring my rose blip!!!! I’ve got you, stock up on the fizzy water or tonic water to keep you away from the vino!!!!

Onward & Downwards folks, stay strong!!!!!

@flourbaby i am in for abstinance August, after all the first 10 days are no alcohol. Even though Zinfandel Rose very chilled is so so summer

@kaywesterman that is wonderful accolade of your work. How wonderful. And our lovely @anna6 is an artist too.

Getting going now

Mari

Day 6 – UK – FD
    Day 5 – NFD 😈

Had a busy but great weekend and yesterday ended up a definite Feast Day…..involving way too much food and wine……….so pressing my RESET button today with a strong FD I hope 🤞

@songbirdme – hope the concert went well on Sunday
    @borealis – hope your 1st FD yesterday of your B2B2B was successful and that you are well on your way with your WFD today
    @beedoo – doing such a great job and so motivated with your 30 day shred 👍
    @daffodil2010 – good to hear that you managed to have a good weekend and let your work issues behind you for a bit – I’m sure that whatever decision you make will be the right one for you 🤗
    @rainbowsmile – I’m in awe of your willpower – doing such a fab job with your 10 day WFD – BTW loving your daily dose of sunshine
    @anna6 – good to hear that your grandson’s 2nd birthday party went well and the food sounded yummy!
    @kaywesterman – congratulations on being artist of the month – what’s your style and what medium do you paint in?
    @slacknz – you picked yourself up and pressed your reset button = successful FD 👍
    @dykask – welcome back
    @missybear – I’m with you with the too much wine consumed over the weekend especially yesterday so I’ll join you and hold hands with @flourbaby @strawberriesandcream @rainbowsmile as well for Abstinence August until your wedding – together we can be strong 💪

Pocket list for today – I have updated as I read through the posts so far – please copy and paste and add yourself if you are fasting as TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
    @rainbowsmile (Day 6 of 10WFD)
    @borealis – WFD
    @dykask – WFD
    @arelkade
    @molij
    @coda – WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @babs_b
    @Strawberriesandcream
    @missybear
    @at

I promised to bake a chocolate cake this afternoon for tomorrow – one of our running\walking group was 79 over the weekend and chocolate is his favourite – luckily chocolate cake is not one of my favourite things so I can do this on a FD 😂

To those who are struggling – Be strong and fabulous – Never give up – Everyone has bad days – Pick yourself up and keep going – Firmly press that RESET button and remember that “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose”

Day 6, UK, FD

Today is going to be busy so I hope to have a successful FD. I’m off to work and I have my lunch ready, boiled basmati rice and chicken breast, around or less than 400cal. Thats the plan anyway 🙂

Have to run now so just going to add myself to the pocket list for today:

@borealis – WFD
    @dykask – WFD
    @arelkade
    @molij
    @coda – WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @babs_b
    @strawberriesandcream
    @missybear
    @at
    @shinything

We can do this together 💪

Day 5 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

Happy Monday no time to read post this morning, running late, so glad I took time yesterday to plan for my fast today.

Have to run now so just going to add myself to the pocket list for today:
    @borealis – WFD
    @dykask – WFD
    @arelkade
    @molij
    @coda – WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @babs_b
    @strawberriesandcream
    @missybear
    @at
    @shinything
    @diana123

The best preparation you can do for tomorrow is be your best today. Have a great Monday everyone.

Had a good weekend abstaining from alcohol and high calorie food. Crisps were tempting at barbecue I went to but I didn’t take even one, my first time ever. pocket list for today:
    @borealis – WFD
    @dykask – WFD
    @arelkade
    @molij
    @coda – WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @babs_b
    @strawberriesandcream
    @missybear
    @at
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @purplevilet

Day 6 UK WFD

Stayed up too late watching netflix, didn’t sleep at all well and dozed until 11am! Bloated stomach after yesterday’s bread and feeling yuck after yesterday’s Linda M veggie meatballs – first time I’ve tried processed veggie food in a while and it was pretty disappointing. i’ve still got some vegan beetburgers in the fridge then it’s back to my usual eggs, cheese, tofu, nuts and beans.

Today is reset day, the last of the project work and the last of the late mornings bc late nights. I need to be intentional about self-care and structuring how i want to use my time; staying home there are lots of ways for time to drift by without me having had any sense of break. Today’s my 3rd day in a row home resting and i’m beginning to feel a glimmer of benefit, but don’t want to drift into staying up late watching tv or late night carbs which won’t help me towards my goals.

From here on in it’s a week of early nights and mornings, gentle yoga & meditation, reading & writing & thinking, picking blackberries & elderberries from the garden & foraging from surrounding area. A lot of fruit is v early this year and the blackberries, wild plums and local apples are already abundant. Once the weather gets below 30C on Weds (phew!) I may even start thinking about chutneys, vinegars, cordials and liqueurs.

Going to give a WFD a go today, joining @rainbowsmile @borealis @dykask and @coda Hopefully give my body and mind a more noticeable fasting experience and break the pattern of late evening eating. I don’t seem to struggle with water, hot vegemite etc during the day it’s the evenings breaking fast which are harder to manage atm. Willpower is a v strange thing – alcohol, sugar, cake, crisps, chocolate currently easy to resist, late evening carb eating not so much!

@dykask welcome back!
    @rainbowsmile thank you for the music – great to listen to that while reading the posts 🙂 Good luck with this afternoon’s medical test.

POCKET LIST Day 6 – add yourself if you’re fasting – together we are stronger!
    @borealis – WFD
    @dykask – WFD
    @arelkade
    @molij
    @coda – WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @babs_b
    @strawberriesandcream
    @missybear
    @at
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @purplevilet
    @michelinme WFD

Day 6-India-FD

Doing well today. Was very busy so didn’t feel very hungry. Didn’t eat anything only fluids today. 😁

Day 6 – FD; Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone,

Yesterday turned into a completely unplanned OMAD FD, coming in at 800kcal. That was a late brunch, 24h ago. Fiance is just preparing us some lunch, hoping for a repeat of yesterday. The scales are back below 70kg, hurrah!

POCKET LIST Day 6 – add yourself if you’re fasting – together we are stronger!
    @borealis – WFD
    @dykask – WFD
    @arelkade
    @molij
    @coda – WFD
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @babs_b
    @strawberriesandcream
    @missybear
    @at
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @purplevilet
    @michelinme WFD
    @moukinator (B2B)

Day 6 North Canton OH WFD!

@rainbowsmile I promised and I am delivering. Quite a few of us participating actually; how fun!

Waterfasters:
    @rainbowsmile
    @borealis
    @dykask Welcome back buddy!
    @coda
    @michelinme
    @basyjames

Pocket list Day 6
    @arelkade
    @molij
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @babs_b
    @strawberriesandcream
    @missybear
    @at
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @purplevilet

I started the weekend with good intentions and spiraled out of control by dinner time on Saturday. I waited too long to make dinner because I was so busy and ended up drinking wine which clouded my judgment and the rest is history. I don’t even have a good excuse for Sunday but another EFSD. I am not happy, as promised I will share the results tomorrow morning after my weigh in.
    Last year when I was in active weight loss mode, the only way to control what I ate on weekends was to make them FD. I think I have to get back to what worked because I am serious about losing this last 10 – 13 pounds. I also have to give up the wine, I thought I could handle it but it’s getting the better of me 🙁

Second post @rainbowsmile I love your water fast reports, thank you so much for sharing. Wow! 5 days before you saw a trace of ketones; kudos for not giving up. I hope to give this a try sometime soon – thanks for giving me a blueprint to follow.

Hi y’all from Texas

Day 6 I’m going for my 2nd WFD. First one was ok with a migraine setting in but I think I have this one under control…wish me luck🤞🤞

Uplifting news on my friend in the hospital. They decided to try dialysis as kind of a last resort and after a day of that she has woken up and is responding with head and eye movements. She is still critical but at least she is awake.

Unfortunately I am a stress eater so my diet has not progressed as I had hoped but every day is a new day, right?

So onward and downward we go!!!

POCKET LIST Day 6 –
    @borealis – WFD
    @dykask – WFD
    @coda – WFD
    @michelinme – WFD
    @basyjames – WFD
    @rara0292 – WFD

Day 6 – USA – NFD

@dykask, welcome back! Where is @bigviking, @Stevetoon, @diverdog, @johnny? Pop in and say hello!

Day 6, Finland, FD

Enjoyed my kids birthday party on Saturday, and overflow to Sunday as can’t possibly throw food out! As such my 3kg goal for August has turned into 4,5kg. But am hoping that successful FD will get me in the right direction today.

I have managed to read all the posts so far, but won’t be able to respond individually. Adding myself to the pocket list for today, not the water fast, just the normal.

Waterfasters:
    @rainbowsmile
    @borealis
    @coda
    @michelinme
    @basyjames

Pocket list Day 6
    @arelkade
    @molij
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @babs_b
    @strawberriesandcream
    @missybear
    @at
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @purplevilet
    @kerryn73

Hope today is successful for everyone.

Day 6 – Atlanta, GA, USA – FD

Waterfasters:
    @rainbowsmile
    @borealis
    @coda
    @michelinme
    @basyjames

Pocket list Day 6
    @arelkade
    @molij
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @babs_b
    @strawberriesandcream
    @missybear
    @at
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @purplevilet
    @kerryn73
    @mishty

Hope today is successful for everyone.

Day 6: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    So very hot. We Brits are not used to all this heat!
    I’ve had problems with one of my feet since the end of May. First it was diagnosed as Plantar Fasciitis and I’ve been put on rural deliveries as it involves a lot less walking than town ones. Last week I did a town delivery for just one day and I’ve been in worse pain ever since. It reminds me of when I had a stress fracture in 2006. The pain is sharper and on the top part of my foot rather than underneath, as before. Very frustrating. Walking briskly is something I enjoy and I can’t do it…I’ve got a doctors’ appt for next Tuesday, so we’ll see how I get on till then.

Day 6 – Iceland – WFD

Had a semi-successful FD yesterday, but struggling a bit today, really do not want to mess it up but there are temptations all around!🍰🙈🍕

USA Day 6 FD

Just checking in! Have a great day, everyone!

Day 6, CFD, US
    Thank you for checking up on me (@strawberriesandcream, @flourbaby, @missbyear). I have not posted since Thursday and you know what that means – no accountability, no mindfulness, far too much vino and way over TDEE. Just don’t know where my head is at the moment.

Aiming for a CFD today to set up for a FD tomorrow. Will try and focus on the positive – I was back to my walking to work routine this morning, so that’s one thing that’s going well!

Congrats @kaywesterman! Nice to be recognized!

And another person MIA – Bert1802! Are you still out there?

Day 6 – USA – NFD

@ciren2, I suffered plantar fascitis for a few years when I was on my feet a lot. I am happy to say that I am completely healed of it due to a few things: a better fitting shoe particularly for that kind of problem, inserts in every shoe I wear which are designed for that purpose; time itself seemed to have caused the pain to subside. I hope this helps.

Day 6 London UK FD

A quick check in today. Life so busy at the moment, just can’t wait for our holiday on the 23rd for some breathing space!

Yesterday’s FD turned into a modified FD andctgen got derailed into a NFD when I found a sneaky slice of chocolate cake in the fridge, left over from the weekend. Had half and chucked the rest. Still weighing in at 50.3kg and still over the moon with that. Goal was 50kg but am wondering if this is where I’m meant to be. I’d be happy with it and switching to maintaining between 50kg and 51/52kg. Any thoughts much appreciated.

Hope everyone is having a good day x

Day 6 second post

Decided not to do project work today but make the most of solitude. Feeling much more centred, yay.

Yesterday’s bread and late evening day wasn’t good preparation for a WFD I’m really feeling the hunger now so came on here for accountability.

Not eating makes me realise anew how much time goes into food, and how much more time there is without it. Reminds me of stopping smoking and rediscovering the extra hours in the day. I’d be out doing something physical, but breathing and neuro conditions don’t like heat. Instead a shower, reading and a super early night.

Stay strong fellow fasters! X

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 883 total)

You must be logged in to reply.