August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

This topic contains 880 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by  mishty 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 883 total)

• Day 7, Idaho USA, Warrior Fast day

Woke up hungry today. Not sure what’s driving it, but with just 1 1/2 hours to my normal breaking of my fast I think I’ll survive. Finally scheduled a physical with a local physician. I think it’s been 10+ years since I’ve had any routine work done (shame on me!), so this won’t tell me if things are better or worse, but at least I’ll begin to have a baseline.

It’s been a very busy day here. I’ve been reading posts, but getting distracted so frequently that I just feel a bit out of sorts. Going to go ahead and post before I lose this. 🙂

@lorky35 – don’t get discourage by the “before” you can’t do anything about it but what you are about to do, work on your “after” !!!

@coda – you rock and your advice rocks. Thank you.

@louiseo46 – I do great with fasting and running up until about 7 miles. I am not running that far just now, 3-5 is where I’m sitting this summer, but this spring I did fine up until about that point. I always feel so light and free running in a fasted state. I don’t know a better way to describe it. When I get beyond that mileage I start to have a mental block. Don’t know if there are real physical reasons to stop, but even running on NFD during that period of training tripped me up and I’d just end up quitting FD’s too frequently.

USA Day 7 NFD

Borealis: 20 hours is a good water FD to me. Those water fasts seem to be something we have to work up to!

rainbowsmile: I have been following your water FD journey and I am impressed! I can imagine just seeing the fat burn right off you! Congrats!

Daffodil2010: I feel for you! You made a big change when you decided to change your field. I did the same thing! You love what you were doing and you are very disappointed but it isn’t the field you chose to be in but rather one sour individual you had the misfortune of having to be in contact with. I am hoping if you decide to stop working at that particular place, you will be able to find the same type of job in your beloved field! Good luck!

With the heat we have been having here, I don’t even feel like eating! I thought I might be able to take advantage of that and have a water FD tomorrow. Today I ate more than planned and even though I came in under my TDEE, I won’t count it as a FD, so onward and downward! Have a great evening, everyone! 🙂

2nd post
    well my planned fast day didn’t stay to plan. Tuesday is usually yoga and squash and i easily have a fast day but I tweaked my back last week at core yoga and as it hadn’t settled down i went to see an osteopath. She did what she does but recommended no yoga, squash or my 5k tomorrow to let my back settle. So home early, still in a fast day thought I would have something light and then had something more and then had something ‘nice’ and no more fast day. Bit of a pity party maybe but need to write off today and reset to make up for the unplanned indulgences to rebalance my basket.

@debster251- how exciting!!

Day 8 – Japan – NFD 79.9kg

Just barely under 80kg … Typhoon shortened my workout.

Day 7, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Day 8 London UK FD

Just checking in to log FD. Yesterday was rather indulgent to celebrate reaching goal weight. A bit counterproductive! Tomorrow is a company away day which will involve lots of food and drink so I’ll be trying to behave. Hoping to balance it out with FDs either side.

In case I don’t get a chance to log in later, have a great day all! Together we ARE stronger!!

Day 8 POCKET LIST

@beedoo

Day 8 Netherlands FD

After the heat of yesterday, this FD will be nice 🙂

Day 8, Newcastle UK, FD

Day’s 9 to 11 will be NFDs and I’ll be back to post on Sunday morning.

Happy humpday.

Day 8 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Feeling in a better frame of headspace today. My work issues will be resolved but in the meantime I am off work taking plenty of me time. Today I plan to forensically clean out and wash the cab of the camper van conversion.

I also have research to do on electric stuff and electric wire plans for the van conversion, neither DH nor myself are that great on electrics but it needs to be done next before we start doing anything else.

@annemarilyn Yes, I am definitely a lover rather than a fighter, so taking this stand against a bullying intimidating boss made me feel great at first…but now that I have heard nothing yet from HR I am shrinking back into a “oh no, what am I doing ” stance…….I read somewhere yesterday along the lines that the ” Pen is in your hand, get out there and rewrite your ending”…. So that’s what I am going to do. Not sure how just yet. 🤓

@ccco thanks so much, I would love to find something else in this field, but it’s seasonal, and maybe, just maybe, there is something else. I don’t NEED to work for money (well I do of course, but we can cope for a while), so maybe part time work, further my horticulture training….who knows. ☺️

This afternoon I have plans to wood stain a lovely planter I was given by one of my work colleagues as I am going to grow winter veg in it. Then meatballs and homemade tomato sauce for dinner before tomorrow’s FD.

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Day 8, London, UK, FD (2nd of B2B2B)

The procrastinating has ceased!!!! I started August with an aim of abstinence, OMAD and 30Day shred ……………. Well yesterday was OMAD & Day1 level 1 ……………….. finally!! Since completing 30DS in June, losing 4 inches and rediscovering a waist and ribs, it’s time to get back to it, I certainly didn’t think I was dying this time around, now that’s progress!!!!!

@debster251, there was a time when I would say “Resistance is Futile” in regards to wine, now I can actually take it or leave it!!!!! The problem comes from being social, people look at me as though I had lost my mind, I need to remember to take a bottle of fizzy water with me, then I can fool people into thinking it’s a G&T!

Stay strong everyone as we venture into the 2nd week of this months’ challenge ……………… already!!!!!

Day 8, UK, FD

Adding myself to today’s pocket list. Had an impromptu meal at the pub last night with family visiting from overseas – I had a small portion meal (which I didn’t even finish) and one small glass of wine. I’m definitely finding my appetite is decreasing back to normal levels compared to how it was during my stage of gluttony a few months back!!

Hoping for an easy breezy FD today. I’ve switched everything on its head and decided I’ll enjoy the sea bass tonight with a warm salad. Have a good day, all!

Day 8 POCKET LIST

@beedoo
    @babs_b

Day 8 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Stocked up with slimline tonic and low calorie AF beer for the weekend. Don’t miss wine midweek but I know I will crave it at the weekend so I’m prepared with my alternative drink treats and its good knowing I have abstaining buddies here.

@daffodil2010 I reached a point in my career where I just felt I just wanted to be free of work stress so I ‘retired’ at 55 thinking I might look for another job if money got too low or I got bored. As its turned out I love not working. I’m living off my savings until my pension age so I’ve had to watch the budget carefully and cut back on things I used to be able to afford but I don’t really miss anything, I value my leisure time and peace of mind more than anything money can buy. Wishing you happiness in whatever route you take 🤗

Have a great Wednesday all 😎

Day 8 – NFD; Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone,

nothing much new to report – fiance and I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in months, really feeling it now, especially the upper body. I must say, though, that the fiance lookes slimmer by the day!

I’m feeling kind of bloated atm, my weight is hovering around the 70kg mark which is fine, but I feel like my overall weight loss isn’t so visible right now – run up to time of the month, maybe?

We rewarded ourselves with Thai take-away last night, but still managed a CD at just under 1500kcal, well below TDEE.

Good luck to everyone fasting today, already looking forward to my FD tomorrow.

Hello all day 8 in NI fast day

Think I have to complete a fast day to make up for yesterdays indulgences but going to do an easy 5-800 one – no pressure.

Day 8 POCKET LIST

@beedoo
    @purplevilet
    @strawberriesandcream
    @flourbaby (2nd of B2B2B)
    @babs_b
    @coda

Day 8 NFD nz
    Completed 2 fasts back to back to kick off my week now i am back from holiday. This morn I weighed in at just over 1 kg up from before my holiday but it is that time of the month so they may well explain that! Another week should even me out i think so i am back on track.

Day 8 North Canton OH Healthy Eating day

Down I pound according to my dear friend Cruella de scale, I will take it and keep soldiering on. I was asked to be in a TV commercial and we shoot in 4 weeks, so great incentive to stay on the straight and narrow; don’t want to shriek in horror every time my image shows up on the telly.

@beedoo good for you only taking a one day to indulge. I met my goal during nurses’ week and there was food and festivities every day to celebrate, needless to say I over-indulged for one week straight and had to wean myself off and back down to goal; talk about counter-productive. One thing I really need to change is my mindset, meeting my goal is not an incentive to load my system with stuff my body doesn’t need – note to self- I am still a work in progress.

@daffodil2010 I am so glad you are in a better headspace, like I said this too shall pass and your path forward will be made clear to you; blessings and ongoing hugs 

@borealis rock your 20 hr waterfast!! No need for shame. In our food and feeding culture, fasting does not come easy and waterfasts take it even farther. The important thing is you made it that far and next time you will go even further. You listened to your body and that’s what you need to do anyway 🙂

Today is a friend’s birthday celebration and we are having breakfast to celebrate her, I plan to stay away from the carby stuff and load up on protein and fat, I set a goal of 800 quality calories total for myself today.

have a great day everyone and my best to you all

Day 8 – USA – FD

Day 8 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Yesterday was a good CNFD staying under 500 calories and lots of mineral water, hoping for the same today. Still staying in the 1 to 2 lb range with no weight loss or gain. Goal for this month is to get that 1 to 2 lb range to drop even by 1lb.

I can’t change the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Day 8, Guildford UK, WFD

Day 8 already, I went dancing last night and there were snacks and treats everywhere, I mean everywhere I looked. I remembered I had some sugar free gum in my dance bag so I chewed and sucked on that.

That has been my toughest challenge so far I think. Temptation.

Last night’s sleep was the best in years, years. Today I feel so energised and alive.

From 7 pm tonight I start day 9 of my WFD, and it will time to start with some supplements and unfiltered bone broth perhaps a little more exercise. I will put some skimmed milk in my coffee from 7 pm take my collagen and fish oil. I also will do 10 days of LQ for skin and hair together with Omega 3 capsules. Beginning the process to refeed, no acid tum this time. Urine clear, no bowel movement in last 24 hrs. Body smells of acetone so still in ketosis even if only trace in urine.

As ketosis strips are expensive I only use the monitor for blood ketosis if urine stick shows more than trace. Sugar strips are cheap.

On the plus side put on a pair of size 10 leggings today. Body shape is changing to a more youthful and less matronly look. Still quite a way to go though until HP moustache tummy has gone. I want to say goodbye muffin and love handles and hello abs.

Blood sugars 4.8 ketones trace

————————

@daffodil2010 just to let you know that you are in my votive each day, sending you rainbow strength if you would like some. @sarahbob you and the little ones are also mentioned in my meditation.

@Arklade glad you are fasting again and completed your first FD for a while successfully.

@flourbaby I am definitely a wino, but for me it goes in phases, some periods nothing and then ‘I get the taste for it’ as they say. I love this new non-alcoholic gin though.

@babs_b yes, it’s odd how some FD are harder than others, for me it is if I have had a heavy simple carb load the previous day, then I get cravings. So I find if I am LCHF the previous day then I am better. Have you observed anything like that in your FD patterns?

@fatfingers below 10 stone is a mile stone! Way to go……..

@louiseo46 I don’t know that part of Ireland but it sounds so beautiful and I will Google it.

@lilygrecki welcome to the August challenge, yes I too find busy days easier. I often fast on travel days too. I also notice my NEAT exercise is up on those days.

@basyjames that is likely waterweight as I doubt any slice of cake is 7000 cals. Dunno tho (thinks about the yummiest cheesecake in the world and licks lips sorry @flourbaby we must not think of cake, we must not think of cake. DAMN.).

@anna6 enjoy your cruise, have a super fab time.

@jaifaim I am glad you are trusting your intuition and getting blood tests. When are those?

@annemarilyn I am taking extra care with the blood sugars. As you know this is a health journey for me.

@borealis 20 hrs is terrific, the first few times that was my choice. As your tolerance builds it gets easier and easier. I also prepare the day before by going LC. That really helps me. I think it’s wonderful you managed a WFD because you did.

@foodfreedomgirl, it’s great to know where you are re the health check, would love you to share if that’s possible and to exchange notes. I am enjoying your posts about your WOL.

@debster251 my mind is working overtime on what a trip to the jewellers means in practice. The curiosity and excitement grows…..

@slacknz this is just a blip I am sure, well done on the B2B.

@basyjames I have always wanted to say I know a screen star! As I know you are a star off the screen anyway……

@diana123, doing that which you need to, I am still looking for a companion for October

—————————–
    Pocket Fast List please add

@rainbowsmile WFD (Day 8 of 10)

————————–

Today’s sunshine especially for the lovely Daffodil2010 a dedication

https://youtu.be/5DsU6Ws5Qd4

Kelly Clarkson from all of your friends and admirers here on the thread

Mari

My apologies @lilygorecki for this miss spelling of your handle. And @arelkade too.

I accidentally posted too quickly as one of my checks is to quickly ensure I have captured all of the FD posts so if I missed anyone I apologise.

Mari

Day 8 UK CD

Yesterday was a bit carbtastic with home made chocolate & banana rice pudding and a few slices of toast, tho also loads of salad and protein and well within my TDEE. Time to go back to recording everything I eat for a while – both to keep me honest and to see if i can notice any links with bloating or digestion.

Test results today bloods & xrays were normal so the infection is completely gone. I’m still struggling with fatigue & breathlessness but it’s been an exceptional heatwave & not yet 6 wks since i got sick. Apparently it’ll take 3 months (!) to get past breathlessness & fatigue, and can take an astonishing 6 months (!!) to get back to usual health!

My lung still feels “sticky” but don’t know if that’s a muscular thing and part of my neuro condition or residual pleurisy, so booking an appt to get that checked out. A few too many health things pending or active at the moment so need to plan and pace myself.

Anxiety has reared its ugly head for the first time since i started using magnesium oil, perhaps bc didn’t use MO for a few days, but also this is a hermit week without structure or goals. Anxiety loves unstructured space with a few things not yet done – throw in a bit of fatigue and criticism, and take out good self care and there’s a recipe for catastrophising and depression. I need to schedule the actions and plan my time so rest and play get good attention, rather than just grinding to a halt and vegging my way through this holiday. Note to self – plan ahead, read in the sunshine now it’s cool enough – and get off the laptop! Here goes…

USA DAY 8 FD

Rainbowsmile: it has really been interesting following your water fast journey!

Today, I am on a water fast. So far so good! Good luck today, everyone, and to everyone who has met their goals, congratulations! 🙂

Day – 8, Atlanta, GA – FD

Day 8 USA (Utah – visiting) NFD

Very long travel day yesterday with storms all over the place wrecking havoc with flights. Little sleep, but I am up and at’em to help daughter move her things into her new husband’s house. It’s plenty big, but needs organization. And I am here to do that! Lots of “stuff” to manage.

Just wanted to check in – thinking about you all.

Onward and downward.

Day 9, NFD, US

Feeling like my head is back in the right space after a CFD yesterday. Yay!

@missybear, you are living my dream “I’m living off my savings until my pension age“. I’m contemplating making that move in about 18 months time.

I dreamt about you last night @daffodil2010!! You had decided to open and run your own micro-herb business and were so thoroughly in your groove. I can envisage you doing that out the back of your sooped up caravan!

How exciting to be in a commercial @basyjames. Is this something you’ve done before?

Day 8: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Yesterday’s FD could have been better, but managed a run of 24 hours with just a bowl of soup (210 cals)… trouble was: this was at 3pm. After 5pm I caved in and ate as normal, when I would have preferred to have lasted out until breakfast this morning. Oh well, tomorrow will be a better fast day.
    @rainbowsmile: you with your epic water fast are my inspiration!

Day 8, Idaho, USA Warrior FD

Is a four hour window the same as OMAD if you technically have a snack and then a meal? LOL. So many variations. Anyhow, pressing on with this plan. Sleep was horrible last night. Legs were achy, even though I stretched better than normal after my run (our new doggy joined me in stretching so it was long and hilarious!)

Back to last weeks low weight, and still a couple of days to go before NFD’s, so even though I bounced up over the weekend I think I’ll continue to make progress down, not just yo-yo.

Pleased to feel like I’m settled into this plan, not fighting it. I am great at starting strong and then petering out, but I remind myself that I don’t have to stay who I was, I get to grow. I get to change. I get to redefine who I am now.

Happy Wednesday!

eek @dykask – typhoon. You state that it shortened your workout as if it were just any other delay. Are they that common for you there?

@beedoo, our ways of celebrating can be pretty funny, but should be really easy to negate. Congratulations!

@rainbowsmile day 8! great job. I did 3 days earlier this year, I am not sure I could do more. Thank you, as other’s have said, for sharing this experience with us!

@michelinme – I use chelated magnesium to help with anxiety etc. I haven’t tried the oil. I’ve been less regular remembering to take it with fasting as I feel better when I take it with food. Trying to switch to remembering to take in the evening since I only eat OMAD M-F, but I’ve missed quite a few days lately and it’s catching up with me! Is the oil topical?

second post

@foodfreedomgirl “but I remind myself that I don’t have to stay who I was, I get to grow. I get to change. I get to redefine who I am now” I love that!

@penz its not entirely new;I have been an extra in a couple independent movies and I was on a panel in a talk show when I was much, much, younger. More recently I was in a print campaign for Heart Healthy living but this will be my first experience in a TV commercial. Funny thing, I have never sought out these opportunities – I got asked each time and decided to go with it.

Happy to celebrate, I went to breakfast and had a three egg omelet with mushrooms and goat cheese and a slice of bacon on the side; I was able to stay away from the muffins, pastries ( typically my kryptonite) bread and potatoes. Victory!

Second post

Just checking in making sure every one is ok and motivated.

And feeling Sunshine in their hearts.

If you ever need inspiration these posts are amazing this month with so many successes, first timers, water tasters and goal hitters.

I am around for a while if anyone needs help.

Mari

Day 8 UK NFD

Still not 100% but myself and the baby are on the mend and I was able to take him to nursery this afternoon. Those few hours to myself did wonders for my sanity! Thank you @rainbowsmile for sending positive healing vibes my way. 😁

@beedoo yes my little boy is 2 and a whirlwind of energy and destruction which makes it hard for me to do workouts as he uses me as a climbing frame lol. I reached my goal weight last summer but fell off the wagon and am currently trying to shift the weight again. I’ve toned up loads and gained alot of strength and muscle but can’t seem to shift the ‘mummy tummy’ this time round. I seem to make great progress then something crops up and throws me off course. ☹

Wondering something….has 5:2 made you more observant what/how other people are eating? Suddenly I’m so aware….

Day 8 – Eastern WA USA- FD

Going for a 500-800 call FD. Then off to a week away from home. Most of the time will be in BC supporting the family with my mom’s continued hospital stay.

@rainbowsmile- I enjoyed Kelly’s sunshine today. Glad you’re doing well on your EF.

@basyjames – so you’re to be in a commercial; diet us know more details so we can watch you on TV.

Glad we’re together on this journey!

@purplevilet – ohhhh yeah! (And trying not to be judgemental.) We were at a sporting match recently and a huge 3-member family were in front of us. The father took up two seats by himself, and his son (maybe no more than 10 years old) ate a huge amount of food over the 2-3 hours they were sitting there. I felt so sorry for him.

But apart from seeing people’s less optimal habits (see I didn’t use the word “bad”!!!) I also notice how many people seem to be genuinely enjoying small healthy meals, esp in social settings, which is heart warming.

Any of the movies we might know, @basyjames?

2nd post

Haha @purplevilet totally! especially those that complain that they never can lose. lol!

Ooh, @penz, I’ll have to look for that side of it! We need food revolution and I need personally to look harder for the Good!

Day 8, UK, NFD

A bit late posting but better late than never 😉
    Not much news here, it cooled down today, thankfully, so I hope to get better sleep tonight. I ate sensibly today, which always makes me feel better.
    I am not a snacking type, but I do have something in between meals every day, so I’m thinking to try and cut that out. And maybe just have a treat/snack once a week or something, haven’t worked that out yet …. hmmm 🤔

I read all the posts here, and thoroughly enjoyed it as always 😀
    I’m sorry I don’t have more time to respond to them, hoping for a more productive day tomorrow 🙂

Just need to say, @rainbowsmile you are such a fantastic hostess, checking on everyone so frequently, thank you 💐

Have a great evening everyone ❤

USA Day 8 FD
    Second Post

Just finished by 24 hour water fast and followed up with a soup and salad dinner. It went well, so I decided to start another water fast beginning now. Hopefully, I will be able to make it through! LOL Have a great evening, everyone!

Day 8, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Day 8 POCKET LIST

@beedoo
    @purplevilet
    @strawberriesandcream
    @flourbaby (2nd of B2B2B)
    @babs_b
    @coda
    @rainbowsmile

Mari

Day 9 – Japan – NFD

My weight was a 79.5kg after taking a shower this morning. It was a beautiful and only warm morning after yesterday when typhoon Shanshan passed by. I did some bar work this morning. I didn’t lose strength but I did lose some endurance. Really tearing up my hands again. Hanging on bars actually does wonders for hand strength.

Day 9: Gloucestershire, UK: FD
    Well up and ready for work. Avoiding my usual triggers of sitting at the table reading the paper while my big bowl of porridge cooks in the microwave! Switched the computer on instead…ha..ha!
    Is that today’s pocket-list above? Day 9, right? If so, I’m in.
    Back later….

Day 9 Belfast FD

A failed FD on Monday and two days of EFS and sugarfest has left me feeling bloated and scales higher than I’d like. ☹️ A BIG reset required.
    @annemarilyn – dementia is such a cruel illness.
    @borealis – absolutely no shame.
    @coda – your exercise regime is very impressive! I’ve been lazy over the summer with yoga and Pilates classes off and my early morning swimming swapped for forest walks. I must get back on the treadmill.
    @dykask – typhoon …wow!
    @daffodil2010 – here one for your scoops doo mobile https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v2r7q1U_-qUXh7xb-7_MXfsjYKPc-Ge9
    @slacknz – well done for getting back on track so quickly
    @basyjames – a star in our midst?
    @diana123 – ‘I can’t change the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination’. Love it!
    @rainbowsmile you’re an inspiration!
    @michelinme – great news on your tests
    @songbirdme – enjoy your trip

Off to walk the dog

Today’s pocket list

@ciren2
    @debster251

You don’t get what you wish for … You get what you work for

Day 9 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -NFD

Yesterday turned into an unexpected FD due to being so busy with an unexpected happening and thing to do.

Just to say that I lost 1lb and now at lowest weight yet and a couple pounds to go to ultimate ultimate goal and maintenance ☺️

And the unexpected happening? Well guys, I do believe all your hugs, prayers, and votives have sent the good things of the universe back towards me. So…what happened…

I sent an email to HR asking if they had a conclusion to the investigation into my complaint. No reply. I spent time looking at jobs websites which was depressing. I then decided to send a note to my two best mates asking to keep me in mind if they heard of any jobs going. One of my friends came straight back and said there might be something where she works……..a few minutes later, yup, there is some short term work available, they will take me on on her recommendation!

I spent yesterday afternoon typing up my CV (Resume) as my previous one was lost when we changed over to the Mac. It made me realise how much great work experience I have. Then I had to desperately look for smart clothes that fit because I am meeting the hiring manager for a chat this morning! I could start on Monday all being well. It will take me up to my planned holidays in Mid September and who knows after that. This is the kind of place, according to my friend, that if you are good they won’t let you go. And they are short staffed right now!

So all going well this morning I will be officially resigning from my Glasshouse job today. My gut instincts tell me loudly to go for this. I am going with those instincts. Things happen for a reason, we just need to recognise that this is an opportunity and go for it.

I will update later. Busy day so today, as I am also meeting horticulture college buddies for lunch then yoga this evening.. head spinning but in a good way 😀

Day 8 UK FD

The baby has had me up since 4:30am. I am tired and grouchy. Not the best conditions for a fast day but I will push through.

Today’s pocket list:

@ciren2
    @debster251
    @sarahbob

Day 9, London, UK, FD (3rd of B2B2B)

Feeling quite hungry this morning, I think OMAD works for me but I might need to up my FD cals if I’m exercising. 30 Day shred last night, now I’m aiming to breakfast at 3-4pm so a 23hr fast with exercise……. I can make it. Maybe I’ll try ADF next week to see whether that makes a difference.

@basyjames, as someone with a face made for radio, I’m glad to know we have a screen-siren in our midst!!! I jest of course …………………………… I’m gorgeous!!!!! Way to go swerving those krypto-carbs!!!!! Hunger this morning had me thinking croissants & muffins especially as I had to venture into M&S when I stopped for petrol, I think the cashier thought there was something wrong with me because I kept my head rigid and eyes front & centre …………….. DO NOT LOOK AT THE MUFFINS, SANDWICHES, CAKES, DO NOT INHALE…………!!!!

@purplevilet I’m really conscious of people scarfing down carbs and breakfast, is it wrong to get some satisfaction from those travelling down a dangerous path???? I never comment on those carrying extra weight (I was on the other end for too long) but I do think “You should try 5:2” or “Do you really need that sandwich at 7am” and sometimes I just think “Why can’t I eat that doughnut and be skinny” except I really don’t want that to be my reality, nobody needs to be Thin Outside Fat Inside (TOFI)!!!!

Congratulations @daffodil2010, you’ve got this and always, always listen to your gut!!! It’s fate I tell you, FATE!!!!!!

How are my fellow abstainers getting along?? I suppose the weekend is the tricky hurdle to navigate. I’ll be holding hands across the world (it’s getting smaller, don’t you know?) so you can’t reach for that bottle …………………. Be warned, I have the grip of an orangutan!!!!!

@bert1802 and @mjrbcd44 – missing you guys.

Hold steady fasters, whatever ‘IT’ is, IT can wait until tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 9 – FD; Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone,

this week has been unexpectedly easy in terms of staying below TDEE, such that we have managed 4 CDs and are on our second FD without really aiming for it. For whatever reason I haven’t felt particularly hungry, which is great because we have more guests coming for the weekend, so hopefully it will all balance out.

Weighed in at exactly 70kg today, still tracking my weight daily to see the fluctuations. I’m finding it really helpful in making me not sweat any large increases, because I can see how much the weight can vary even throughout the same day. The overall trend is heading in the right direction and I’m also calculating my average weight for the month as a real indication of weight loss. So far I am 0.4kg lighter than last month, on average, and 1kg lower than this time last month which I am very happy about.

Despite the forecast rain, the weather has continued to be lovely – I’m just hoping it will stay like this while my cousin is here this weekend.

@purplevilet – I have certainly become hyper aware of the number of calories in everyday treats, which I think might annoy my colleagues as I now check the calories on everything they bring to lunch. Suffice it to say, they are consuming A LOT of food. None of them are overweight though, I guess they balance it out with exercise.

@daffodil2010 – good luck with this new endeavour, these things can come out of nowhere. My fiance has been job-hunting for months and two weeks ago, out of the blue he got an email from a company he had contacted back in June, inviting him for an interview!

Day 9 Pocket List:
    @ciren2
    @debster251
    @sarahbob
    @flourbaby
    @moukinator

Day 9 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

@flourbaby I can feel your grip! Thanks I’m still with you in abstinence August.

Off to meet with the registrar today to discuss our wedding ceremony choices, only 2 weeks away, I’m getting excited!

Strength and sunshine to all my fellow Thursday fasters 😎

Day 9, UK, NFD

Hi all – just a quick check in from me today. I hope everyone’s well! I must admit, I have struggled mentally with the FDs this week – but I have also been having a bit of a slow week in general, in reflection! I think the heat wave finally got to this English rose ha! I have managed to have two ‘fast days’ though I’ve been around 600-800 cals on each day, rather than the strict 500. Not ideal, but I’m being gentle with myself that this is just part of the process readjusting back to the 5:2 WOL. I have still managed a significant calorie deficit – which is an achievement.

As such, I have stayed the same weight-wise this week. However, my measurements have shown 1/2″ loss from hips, waist, low waist and also my bust (not so happy about that last one!!).

A decent night’s sleep last night and a little sprinkle of rain today are definitely helping to reset my balance. The fact my weight has stayed the same and I’ve also lost 1/2″ everywhere has been pretty encouraging. 🙂

Have good FDs all who are fasting today! x

Day 9 North Canton OH Healthy eating day

I stayed under TDEE yesterday for the first time in ages. And for the first time my weight did not go up after a NFD, it went down – scale showed a 0.8 pound loss and I am stoked!

@missybear so excited for you – two weeks and counting!

@babs_b little drops add up to a whole lot of ocean, congratulations on your progress – mental and physical

@flourbaby you are gorgeous!

@daffodil2010 time and time again, I have seen this happen; a door closes for reasons we can’t understand and all of a sudden – there’s a window! This was meant to be and if the unpleasantness at the Glasshouse hadn’t occurred you would not have reached out to your friend and you would not be seizing this opportunity. I am so happy for you 🙂

@dykask I haven’t done pull ups in a while, I am inspired to look for my pull up bars and get cracking

With regards to the commercial, it’s for one of our local colleges so I am not sure how much coverage it will get and the movies were indie productions from a long time ago – I sincerely doubt that they are still in circulation; thank God! My acting (what little I did) was terrible. It’s good for a laugh but that’s about it

I have to agree with @shinything Just need to say, @rainbowsmile you are such a fantastic hostess, checking on everyone so frequently, thank you

Day 9, UK, FD

Today is much needed FD. Made a mistake of not planning my food for today, but lucky I have some chicken in the fridge 🙂

@michelinme good to hear your results came back fine 😊, wishing you a speedy full recovery 🤗

@debster251 same here, feel bloated and heavier than I’d like 🙁 , we must carry on. Holding your hand 👭

@daffodil2010 what a great news! Good luck with your interview! What sort of job is it? I hope you like it 🙂

@sarahbob sending a hug to you and the baby, feel better 🤗

@babs_b being gentle to yourself is important, for both, long and short term success. Keep going 🙂

Day 9 Pocket List:
    @ciren2
    @debster251
    @sarahbob
    @flourbaby
    @moukinator
    @missybear
    @shinything

Have a good day everyone 🌻

Day 9, FD, US

Ready for a FD today! Yay, seem to have got back my 5:2 mojo. Like you, @babs_b, I’ve been off the FD rails lately, but overall I think I’ve managed a calorie deficit. The fact you’ve lost some measurement suggests to me you are still very much on track! Keep with it.

And I’m sooo pleased to hear your news @daffodil2010 – life has given you a jolt recently, but swung back to offer you an exciting new opportunity. Sounds like the perfect fit time-wise to still enable you to enjoyr your September hols.

Oh, and in other news (and you know who you are out there that I’m directing this at!) my jar of peanut butter has about one teaspoon left in it. And I am NOT (I’m NOT, I’m NOT!!) going to buy a replacement. The only thing I use peanut butter for is to eat spoonfulls of it, so there’s no need to restock the pantry with a fresh jar.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 883 total)

You must be logged in to reply.