April 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
April 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 574 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 4 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 577 total)

• USA /day 27 FD

Good morning, everyone! Ugh! Weighed myself this morning and found I regained one of the lost pounds. Adding myself to the pocket list. Only wish I could go outside but it is so cold and damp out there.

Pocket List – Day 27 🥕
    @erikaa67
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2
    @at
    @ccco

USA Day 27 FD

My post crossed paths with MissBear’s, so am adding myself to her pocket list. 🙂

Pocket List – Day 27 🥕
    @erikaa67
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2
    @at
    @missybear
    @ccco

Day 27 USA (Illinois) NFD

Managing fairly well.

@sunflower1 – I can well imagine we will have a May Challenge as it is the Anniversary of our first one 4 years ago with @coda although a new leader does not seem to have emerged.

Onward and downward.

Day 27 UK FD

Monday FD after weekend cookie fest 😀 I ate 9 and gave away 3 – not bad for someone who lives alone 😀

@jaifaim @flourbaby I’ll type up the cookie recipe with my gf paleo tweaks and work out calories.

I seem to be allergic to any demand or deadline today. My brain is sluggish, everything feels hard and procrastinating/resisting the lot. Not sure what that’s about but I’ll listen out for the learning in it.

Somehow the less there is the more I feel overwhelmed at the moment. Every single commitment counts, and seemingly looms larger than usual. But I zoom with people who seem to be functioning just as they normally do – even with clean hair, office clothes, makeup, focus and energy. Is it just me?!

Off to drink some water, make some marmite tea and have a social ‘coffee’ with a friend/colleague. I’ve got one booked in each day this week xc Weds which is a bit heavy with zoom project stuff. Hoping to get into a new rhtym in this new normal, but at the moment I just feel exhausted. How long til bedtime?

Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Pocket List – Day 27 🥕
    @erikaa67
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2
    @at
    @missybear
    @ccco
    @michelinme

Day 27 Canton OH FD
    April is almost over yikes!
    I am enjoying the increased opportunities to exercise, and now that the weather is warming up – I plan to increase my step count for the day to 15,000. Let’s go!
    I wish I was posting more faithfully though, I tend to stop posting over the weekend and pick back up on Monday. Another thing to work on.
    @michelinme you are not alone with feeling overwhelmed by less. I have noticed a curious phenomenon; I want to, but can’t sleep in on the weekend, however come Monday, I can’t get out of bed on time – I don’t get it
    @Ihatelettuce scheduling one EFS day a week, could be a nice compromise, and definitely worth exploring
    @ccco you will lost that errant pound in no time- you’ve got this
    @at we stumble only to rise again- one day does not make a trend – good job pushing through
    I have hankering for a 5 day egg fast. Today is day 1. It feels good to take back control 🙂
    Adding myself to the hefty pocket list
    Pocket List – Day 27 🥕
    @erikaa67
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2
    @at
    @missybear
    @ccco
    @michelinme
    @basyjames

Day 27, UK, NFD

Been MIA for a few days. Had a bit of a meltdown last week, felt really down despite the lovely weather. Thankfully I stayed off the booze 😀, but I did overeat massively. Yesterday I had a good conversation with mum n dad. They had me laughing with their tales of sneaking out early morning for secret walks, sitting on park benches whilst looking out for the police and how they’ve never has so many treats – my sister in law sent them chocolates and an apple pie last week. The week before I took home made rhubarb crumble, biscuits and a soup I’d made. Plus the extra deliveries of DVDs, CDs and books we keep sending them. So I felt much better.

A proper FD isn’t in my armoury just yet but I’m trying to be mindful and trying to keep under TDEE most days. I’ll try the scales at the end of April but my target loss of 4lb will not be in the frame.

Thank you to everyone on here for the positivity and support you’re all showing. I start my new job on Monday, hoping that puts some normality back in my life and gives me something else to think about every day.

Pocket List – Day 27 🥕
    @erikaa67
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2
    @at
    @missybear
    @ccco
    @michelinme
    @basyjames

USA day 27 FD

A few of our fellow posters have parents that I think I would enjoy. Sneaking out to take a break is adorable. Saffy420, I would love to be sitting on that bench with your parents. I wish I had places like that to go to but I don’t where I live. One day this will be over. I’ve been reading about the research and soon to be trials like the one at the Jenner Institute at Oxford. Hey, scientists! We are all waiting! 🙂

Anyway, my FD went well. I think I will do it again tomorrow. I am doing regular 5:2 right now because I just don’t have it in me to do any water fasts. Too much stress. I can do the FD 500 (or thereabouts). I am currently looks for ways to escape! LOL Maybe a trip to St. Thomas and visit to my family in New York City! I can only dream!

Day 27 Ohio, US — FD

The day has gone well. As someone has mentioned here: fasting is no problem — it’s the eating that’s the trick!

@jaifaim Right now I’m using a commercially prepared bread called Ezekiel bread. The idea for the recipe comes from a verse in the book of Ezekiel. It is high fiber and high protein with 5 gm protein per slice. On the label they advertise a GI of 36.

@ccco My favorite escape destination is Pago Pago, Samoa. I’ve visited there many times in my imagination during crunch times at work.

@saffy420 Good luck on your new job!

To round out the pocket list:

Pocket List – Day 27 🥕
    @erikaa67
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2
    @at
    @missybear
    @ccco
    @michelinme
    @basyjames
    @matpi

Day 28 – Japan – NFD

Water fast was very easy this time.

@matpi – How is that bread? I’ve seen it in my grocery, but after I didn’t care for their cereal at all, I have not tried the bread. Let us know!

Day 28 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

No FD for me yesterday as I came home to a smiling DH cooking a prawn starter followed by Paella (with chicken, mussels, prawns) for dinner. So I set to and enjoyed it all with wine.

I will definitely try for FD to end the month. I fear, borrowing from @suki2 that I will be both b) a chunk and c) a drunk , whenever we get through this 😆

Dad went off sneaking up to the local park for a walk using his crutches. People were looking at him aghast, but nobody said anything to him, which is just as well as he was ready to talk back!! Lordy, once a rebel always a rebel eh? He was a 50’s Teddy Boy back in the day, still will not take anyone telling him what to do.

I think @jaifaim has offered to host May??

Have a great day and stay safe.

Day 28 – Lake district UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

The sunshines gone ! Got used to the sun filling the back garden when I woke up. However it’s not raining, so no need to resort to the painting indoors that I’m saving for a rainy day job, well I say saving OH says avoiding! 😉

@daffodil2010 – Dad does right, get out for some fresh air and a change of scenery and he’s local! We’re getting increasing amounts of traffic and visitors here, the police are trying to keep people away, but getting increasingly difficult due to numbers.

@basyjames – yes EFS (well maybe not quite epic!) but Friday is weigh in morning, so regardless of scales, Friday evening (or Saturday, but not both!) is our ‘free’ night, eat heartily (luckily I’m savoury not sweet) and wine or beer or even a G&T or two. Then back to WOL for the rest of the week, I find it easier to control my ‘Inner Warthog’ that way.

Funny, by having groceries delivered we don’t impulse buy very much, the shopping list is started on Monday and each day added to or taken away from, so got to being rather good…. until I order wine to be delivered from our wine shop! An exceptional white wine being delivered 11am this morning, only half a case, but someone always comments about seeing the van parked on the drive! It’s not that often, honest!

Take care all.

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

That was quite a rocket pocket list yesterday! My FD went well, but glad it’s over. Just tuna & veg + an apple. Fruit tastes so good after the egg fast!

@basyjames – wishing you success with your 🥚 fast!

@i-hate-lettuce – wine deliveries; what a concept?! Why can’t we do that here…? 🤔

Day 28 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Wet here today, but the garden needs it. I’m going to try a Lesley Sansome walk today.
    Visited our weekly market this morning, thankfully the queues weren’t too long. Our general store also had wholemeal bread flour so along with the yeast I managed to get last week I can now make DH’s favourite loaf. First I will be making cheese scones, 100 cals each.
    A good FD yesterday (564cals). A few more than planned because I succumbed to a ginger biscuit about 4pm but it got me through. Today I’m aiming for no more than 800cals.
    @songbirdme & @sunflower1@jaifaim volunteered end of last week so if no-one else has come forward hopefully she will do it.
    @michelineme – I think some people are very good at putting a ‘face’ on and appearing to deal well with things. These are strange times and if you’re not coping too well its better to own up and seek understanding from others and hopefully lots of support too.
    @saffy420 – I think some of the mums and dads of people on this forum should set up their own group just with tales of how to escape lockdown. They’ve got a lot of spirit. 🙂
    @ccco & Funshipfreddie – well done on a good FD. Not easy in these times.
    @daffodil2010 – sounds like your DH was hankering after some Mediterranean sunshine and found it in his dinner for you last night. Sounds delicious, takes me straight back to Spain.
    Creating the pocket list. i couldnt see that one had been started yet.
    Pocket List – Day 28 🥕
    @suki2

Day 28 Oxfordshire, UK – FD Wet here today, but the garden needs it. I’m going to try a Lesley Sansome walk today. Visited our weekly market this morning, thankfully the queues weren’t too long. Our general store also had wholemeal bread flour so along with the yeast I managed to get last week I can now make DH’s favourite loaf. First I will be making cheese scones, 100 cals each. A good FD yesterday (564cals). A few more than planned because I succumbed to a ginger biscuit about 4pm but it got me through. Today I’m aiming for no more than 800cals.
    @songbirdme & @sunflower1@jaifaim volunteered end of last week so if no-one else has come forward hopefully she will do it.
    @michelineme – I think some people are very good at putting a ‘face’ on and appearing to deal well with things. These are strange times and if you’re not coping too well its better to own up and seek understanding from others and hopefully lots of support too.
    @saffy420 – I think some of the mums and dads of people on this forum should set up their own group just with tales of how to escape lockdown. They’ve got a lot of spirit. 🙂
    @ccco & Funshipfreddie – well done on a good FD. Not easy in these times.
    @daffodil2010 – sounds like your DH was hankering after some Mediterranean sunshine and found it in his dinner for you last night. Sounds delicious, takes me straight back to Spain.
    creating the pocket list

Pocket list day 28 🥕
    @ Suki2

Day 28 – Ireland – CD
    Hello! I’m happy to report I had my best FD in a long long time yesterday… I had a day off work and was so busy in my garden and I’m beautiful weather – time flew… and I’m wrecked today and back at my desk.. 😊

@sunflower1 a link will be available later today to the May challenge… see you there! 👍 and thanks @suki2 for looking after us this month 👏

Unfortunately I can’t post a spreadsheet as I work off my phone….no forum/blogs etc allowed on my work laptop so if someone else could help out there that would be fabulous 🤞 💕

Have a good day everybody..
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 28, London, UK, NFD,

Walking exercise done, morning coffee gone, now I’m trying to work efficiently, but I’m distracted by the telly, and procrastination is something I’m very, very good at!!

@suki2, for me, letting my warthog run free for 1 day a week is a firm no-no!!! She’s such a slippery sucker, even if I could catch her, I would have a devil of a job forcing her back into her cage ………………………. I’m too much of an all or nothing type of gal to even think about overindulging let alone doing it for a day!!!

@daffodil2010, coming home to find someone cooking (& cleaning up) in my kitchen is the stuff dreams are made of, I would be pulling up a chair tout suite!!!

@i-hate-lettuce, unfortunately it’s chucking it down right now, I think it’s moving North soon!!! Your warthog wrangling is something to be envied!! LOL, it’s only an issue when you and the wine-van driver start exchanging Birthday cards or going on holiday together!!!

@funshipfreddie, Fabulous South African wine + wine deliveries to your door……………………………….. such a bad idea!!!! I hope nobody starts offering an uncorking & pouring service!! I truly believe that I would have big, BIG problems if I lived in Australia, South Africa, Chile or Argentina!!!

We’re sprinting to the finish line of this month’s challenge, stay strong everyone…………………….. BIG EFFORT to the end!!!!

“You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis

Second post:

Et voilà:
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/may-2020-monthly-challenge/

See you there on Friday! New beginnings – I love them 😍

Day28 UK NFD

April nearly gone ! Ah well May around the corner maybe that will be the month for me Steady day today last fast of the month tomorrow

Day 28 Melb Aust TDEE
    Day 27 FD
    Day 26 NFD –
    After a good start to day 26, I ended up polishing off (i.e., eating with great gusto!) one 130 gm Easter egg and half of another (bad) but then threw the other couple of eggs out (good). Hence a FD yesterday and reasonable day today, so if I can manage a couple of FDs for the next 2 days, I should end April on a high note.

@jaifaim, thanks for volunteering to host May, and @suki2, many thanks for being our April host.

Only 2 days to go – make it count! 🙂

Day 28 UK FD
    Pocket list day 28 🥕
    @suki2
    @helen285

I’m coping well with 500 cals on my FDs but would be interested to learn what others do with the other 5 days. @suki2 – I see that you’re sticking to 800 cals today?

I need to do something different in May.

Second post
    @helen285 – I find if I do 2 fast days across the week then 500ish is ok. If I try a B2B, like toda, then I like to allow a little more. I dont always need it but if I do have a little more then I dont feel its a fail. Its mind games really.
    So far I’ve just had my breakfast and feel ok. About to take dog out while the rain has stopped so I might be ok, as it will keep me occupied.

Day 28 egg fast day 2

Dare I say it? It appears that the group is getting their mojo back, Oh joy!!!! What a testament to the human spirit. we wobbled, we bobbled, we cried, we laughed, and then we overcame. I am hopeful that we will overcome this virus and the varying difficulties it has bestowed upon us.

@daffodil2010 if I got home to the meal that you just described, I would be kicking off my shoes and digging in. OH is a keeper!

@funshipfreddie thanks! I am not sure why egg fasts work so well, but they do – and I feel great on day 2

@Ihatelettuce wine deliveries – the thought makes my toes tingle in delight. That would be so terrible for my hips and waistline though 🙁 so probably a good thing i don’t have access to it

In addition to the 21 day Fix, I am aiming for 15,000 steps a day and on rainy dreary days like this Leslie Sansone is my go to girl -she helps me get those steps in

@suki2 our bodies can do anything, getting our minds to cooperate is usually the difficult part. so good for you finding something that works for your mindset.

Pocket list day 28 🥕
    @ Suki2
    @helen285
    @basyjames FD2

Day 29 – UK – CD

A good FD300 yesterday with plenty of exercise!

Today is overcast, breezy and cold – went for a short brisk walk – back home and baked some fruit scones for OH – will have one with my mid afternoon cup of tea to break my fast! but definitely planning a CD today and tomorrow with another FD on Thursday to end the month on a positive note🤞

@basyjames – I totally agree “we stumble only to rise again- one day does not make a trend” I remind myself of that every time I stumble……
    @saffy420 – you are not alone in having been MIA – I also have been on and off during the past few months, triggered by the loss of a very good friend but I keep picking myself up and trying to stay on that 5:2 wagon – it’s the only WOL that has worked for me and I certainly do not want to stray too far.
    @i-hate-lettuce – wine deliveries are a godsend – I had one from The Wine Society a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed a couple of bottles last week much to my delight and shame!!!! No wine for me this week until Friday night…….as control is the key to ending this challenge on a positive note!
    @daffodil2010 – you lucky thing having an OH who can cook such a delicious dinner for you – I would definitely have poured a glass and tucked into that meal – my idea of heaven too 😋

I too agree with those who find a FD relatively easy…..it’s keeping to TDEE on NFDs that are a struggle at times……Have not weighed myself since the beginning of the month – will be stepping on the scales on the 1st of May after ending the challenge with a last FD on Thursday……

Hope everyone is doing great to end this April challenge on a high note – 3 more days left counting today, every little bit makes a difference so stay strong and remember TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

Another great COVID-19 parody — love this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DwlnT3WxrI&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0SbI-wWZ82-zq4wOXU8XAnMkNyVoFiYFDx1AKz_F7L_HFyIfKF-E7YWXI

Great singer goes into his falsetto to portray the women. Creative and oh so well sung!

USA Day 28 FD

SongBirdMe, that was adorable! LOL

Another FD500! Doing well so far! Hope everyone is well and safe!

Day 28 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@songbirdme thank you for link 😂

Today began with a grocery delivery from my favourite supermarket, so we now have well stocked cupboards which is a comfort. We’re only going out for a daily local walk so we are depending on online shopping. I also have a wine delivery due later this week.

FD yesterday was a success, but I was tired and hungry. Generally I’m finding FDs a bit more challenging since lockdown, thinking it could be the undercurrent of stress. I’m aiming to stay within TDEE today and tomorrow, FD on Thursday and weigh day Friday.

Stay safe and well everyone 🤗

Day 28 UK ?FD/CD

Woke feeling tired and achy despite 10hrs sleep so had a lie in this morning. Slight DAFD smugness so extended fast thru the day. Have had 2 cups of marmite tea and OMAD supper of red lentil pasta with quorn chicken in a tomato, spinach and mushroom sauce. Currently under 500 calories but still thinking of pudding – and remembered I’d not posted today!

@dykask well done on another successful WFD – you make it look/sound so easy!
    @saffy420 Love the sound of your parents 🙂 And well done for posting! I fell into something similar a couple of weeks ago. Daily posting and back to basics have made an astonishing difference in just 10 days. You’ve got this…
    @betsylee well done for taking action. I’ve been hankering after chocolate the last few days – you’ve kindly reset my resolve 🙂
    @basyjames glad to know it’s not just me
    @missybear I’m also struggling with FDs & 5:2 generally during pandemic
    @jaifaim delighted you had a great FD! Thank you for hosting May 🙂

That’s kept me away from pudding for the day, and under 500 calories – yay 🙂 Now for bath and early night

Day 29 attempted FD country West Australia
    April has not been my finest month TBH.
    Difficult with family living with us who like their food and like to cook.
    Instead of soup and salad for dinner we have had a month of epic dinners/ starters/ pre-dinner drinks with pre-starter starters so not faring as well as hoped .
    And 5:2…. what’s 5: 2 ???
    Went to a new brewery in town yesterday for a take-away beer. And I don’t even drink beer!!
    Ah well, today is a new day and am off to work for the one day I do now work instead of the regular days.
    I have to say that I am loving the restrictions of C-19.
    No pressure to go out at night to meetings etc.
    Stay at home. Getting things done. My garden is loving the attention I am showing it and even thought he cabbage moths are eating the seedlings as fat as I am planting them, it is so good to have T.I.M.E. which I had not prioritised before.
    It’s funny how it has taken something like a tiny invisible virus to make us all stop, take a breath and to take stock.
    The one difficulty we are finding is the restrictions on seeing my elderly parents-in-law who are in their 90s.
    They live for visits from family ad these have been severely curtailed.😔
    But it has made us creative with FaceTime, computers etc.
    So they get to see pictures of the children and us.
    And also pictures of what we are doing on the farm etc.🐶🐑🐓🤸‍♂️
    Thanks @suki for hosting April even though I have been mostly MIA.
    And thanks to @jaifaim for May. I really need all those lovely people who host these challenges.
    Go well all.

Day 29 Melb Aust FD800

Doing okay. Will end the month with a loss, even if not as much as hoped. Oh well, May is another month! 🙂

@michelinme, lucky you, with my chocolate egg indulgence, the weight crept up again a little, so I’m not dogging your footsteps as closely – this month! But look out for May 🙂 And keep well!

@lilymartin, sounds like you need to set a few boundaries with your family, and even if they eat, they need to understand that for your health and wellbeing, 2 days a week you won’t be joining them in their meals, but will cook much more lightly for yourself. You CAN do this!

@at, agree with you now re FDs being easier. They weren’t to start with, but now, okay. But, trying to resist the over-indulgences on NFDs is still a “work in progress”. My TDEE at my goal weight is only 1550 cals, so learning to keep to that TDEE is what I’m working on now. Sometimes okay, sometimes not.

@basyjames, yay for finding your mojo.

Only today and tomorrow to go!

Day 28 Ohio, US — NFD

All in all a good day, although right now I feel very tired and that’s unusual for a NFD.

@songbirdme I like their bread, but like you I don’t particularly care for their cereal. In fact it seems to me on par with eating rocks out of my garden. I usually toast the bread lightly and that brings out a good flavor. The bread has a texture like coarse rye bread, but not so sharp a taste. There are also recipes for Ezekiel bread on the web, though I haven’t tried them out.

@missybear Thanks to Instacart I haven’t had any cookies or sugary treats in more than a month (except for the time the shopper purchased candied cashews instead of just plain ones.). It is so much easier to avoid temptations when you don’t have to walk by them.

Patient endurance attains to all things!

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

I actually am determined for an FD today. It will probably be over 500 cals but I will do it.

Like @missybear and @michelinme I have been finding fasting difficult to do during this pandemic. My head is often not in the right place for it although I KNOW it’s the best thing for my health and immune system. I must try harder in May.

I saw 150 on the scales yesterday after the Spanish wine and paella treat of Monday, and I haven’t seen that number since 2017 😱!!!!! So I am owning it, saying it out loud, and will kick this FD today.

Have a great Hump Day

Pocket list Day 29
    @lilymartin
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010

second post
    @betsylee, I do so agree with you.
    Trouble is my family are the ones with the ‘ won’t power’.
    Sadly it is me who is – well I’ll just give this another try….. my DD and DSiL and even my DH say ‘ Do you think that’s a good idea ?” as I eat yet ANOTHER bite of whatever!
    No-one to blame except me.
    BUT I have been very mindful today and plan to be so tonight even with a cooked dinner . I’ll just be doing a cup of tea.
    Just bought some fish heads to make a nice fish stock for later in the week for another FD.
    My willpower/ won’t power has been MIA along with me for some time now.
    But a picture taken yesterday with the family and OH! MY! It’s a case of ‘ Who is that fat lady??’ ( And I say that advisedly) .The camera does not lie!!
    More conscientious FDs coming up. All primed and ready to go for May. Yes, I CAN do this.

Day 29 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Successful FD800 yesterday. Scales are happy.
    Zoom yoga in a few minutes so quick check in before that.
    @flourbaby – I love that CS Lewis quote. It’s so true.
    @springer – welcome
    @brightonbelle – I’m with you, last push and weigh in on Friday.
    @betsylee & @lilymartin – you’re welcome
    @basyjames – it worked yesterday, but sometimes it doesn’t.
    @missybear – we’re with you.
    @daffodil2010 – you can do this
    Stronger together

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Finally had my first successful NFD in ages yesterday, staying below TDEE. Thanks to MFP, which I actually bothered to use.

Let’s make it a good one, Hump Day Fasters! 🐫 🐪

Pocket List – Day 29 🍓
    @lilymartin
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Day 29 UK FD

Pocket List – Day 29 🍓
    @lilymartin
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 29 – Ireland – FD
    Hi all – I had a quick walk here before the rain came down! 👍
    Definitely feeling a positive vibe on the forum at the moment – it’s really great given that we are all going through a tough time even if,for a lot of us, it is not all bad…
    Positives: 👍 garden is looking great, my house is less cluttered, my parents are well looked after right now, I’m making nice food from scratch, i’m on the dry, I’m exercising both body and mind everyday and really taking time to savour things in a way I never could before…I’m toning up and I am shrinking a little, I’m reading lots, I’ve loads of clothes I can’t wait to wear again and I’m definitely less stressed…

Negatives: 👎 I’d love to see my man… don’t know when that will be… my hair is an absolute state, I’d love to see some friends and hug my nearest and dearest (or anyone 🤣 so long as they aren’t infected), I’d love to go shopping for some stuff I really fancy eating but can’t get online or via my fab siblings who are delivering my shopping 🛒, I’d love to spin 🚲 with my friends and play tennis with my club but everything will be SO much more precious when this ends 💕
    Have a good day everybody..
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket List – Day 29 🍓
    @lilymartin
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim

Day 29 – UK – CD

I just realised that I called yesterday Day 29 too!!!! Anyhow yesterday was a good CD and planning on another today 🤞

Started my day with a lovely stretchy and relaxing yoga class via zoom with my regular teacher – so lucky that I can access all my regular classes on line to keep me going.

Weather here has changed somewhat – rain yesterday evening – can’t complain as we needed it and today is cloudy, overcast and definitely colder again – heating came on in the house!

@songbirdme – thank you for that link – I shared with friends who are fans of Les Miserables too – brilliant!
    @lilymartin – difficult situation for you living with family who love to cook and eat – take a positive step and join us in May and try to go to back to the basics – Why don’t you do something else when they are having a meal e.g. go for a walk, ring a friend for a chat or go soak in the bath with a good book and relax……..do 5:2 for your health and wellbeing 🤗
    @betsylee – I have a similar TDEE for maintenance as yours and I often think how quickly that disappears on my NFDs…….but when I use MFP on those days it does help to keep me focused on what I’m putting in my mouth!!!! and I find I have better control/willpower
    @funshipfreddie – good job on that successful NFD
    @jaifaim – lovely list of positives there – very inspiring! Look at your list of negatives as things that you really appreciate in your life and that how will really enjoy once you get to do them once more one by one 🤗

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

USA Day 29 WFD

Just a quick check in and adding myself to the pocket list. Hopefully, I will be able to check in with more input later, as I am having new windows being put in today!

Pocket List – Day 29 🍓
    @lilymartin
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @ccco

Have a great day!
    !

Day 29 – Lake district UK – CFD

Late on parade again, good afternoon everyone !

Had a visit from our electrician this morning, he’s going fix up some security lights, he can do the work as it’s outside. Glad to be able to give him some work although not a lot involved!

Bit cooler this morning when we got out on our walk, but there had been a little bit of rain overnight. It’s been a very weird and very sad month this month, but despite this I’ve lost 3 lb …. but all in the second week! Will have to see what Fridays weigh in reveals, see if there’s any further loss after tomorrows FD.

Take care all

Day 29 Melb Aust goal TDEE –

Oops, meant to be a FD, but just couldn’t manage it. Will do a FD800 tomorrow as the final day of April.

@at, Maybe I could look at the app, but I feel that I’m fairly aware of how much I’m eating; it’s more that there are things I WANT to eat (which I don’t need and probably should avoid anyway), and over my TDEE I go.
    It’s not too disastrous at present, as my current TDEE is about 250 cals higher, so when I record a NFD, that’s usually about my current TDEE, and when I record TDEE, I’ve stayed at or under 1550 cals.

@lilymartin, YES, you CAN!

One more day, then start May with a lighter spirit as restrictions begin to ease around the world.

Day 29, London, UK, FD

Very late check-in from me today, I’m actually working from home ……….. for real!!

Anyway, I completed a walking session with Leslie 1st thing this morning and my Zoom Pilates at 10am, and I’ve just broken my fast with a small roasted swede (rutabaga?) soup. I’ll have another walking work-out then a lentil & bacon soup for dinner & that will be that!!!

I hope everyone is staying safe, occupied and firmly on the wagon. We’ll end this challenge with a bang!!!

Pocket List – Day 29 🍓
    @lilymartin
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @ccco
    @flourbaby

Day 29 UK CD

Yesterday I had pudding after all but plenty under 800 calories. Long bath & long sleep but despite 9 hrs I woke up feeling tired and had another morning in bed. I think I’m going to just go with it for the next week and see what happens …

Weighed in a 154lb this morning – right back where i started the month. If I can end the month here that will be a major achievement – esp having touched 10lbs higher at one point! @betsylee if you’ve lost anything and I’ve gained or stayed the same we must be closer together!

@jaifaim loved your list of positives. i’ve been talking about Learnings – one of my learnings in this time is that I need more rest, better balance and unstructured time as well as some structure. I had a wonderful long unstructured zoom with a friend/colleague today. We are v similar and finding ways to explore, encourage and inspire each other, sharing ideas, networks & opportunities. That’s a real gift of this time – the opportunity to connect, encourage and explore different things with different people.

I’m aiming for CD with an earlier meal today. There’s midweek online church via FB and small groups via Zoom so I’m committed until 9pm and will take a while to wind down. Learning from last week, I’m going to eat around 4pm and get my evening routine done before it starts at 6.30 so I can bathe and head to bed with a book aftewards, ready for earlier start on Thurs. Small steps into a new normal!

Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 29 USA (Illinois) NFD

My Christmas present FitBit tells me how many calories I burn up with activity each day. Why, oh why, when I eat 300-500 less than that amount per day, do I not lose weight? I must be getting more muscle with all this activity! Who knows… but at least am maintaining my slightly over maintenance weight at 164. Oh well.

Cold wind has hit northern Illinois with rain. Staying inside for sure today.

Onward and downward.

NFD
    USA

I usually do M-Th FD, but this week will be M-F as it’s my daughters’ birthday. Twins! Thank God they have each other through this challenging time of online schooling and social distancing. They are together 24-7 and get along beautifully so that’s a blessing.

As I’m a newbie, I’m loving this lifestyle, albeit weight loss is slow. I see inches lost from places, but can’t wait till loss shows up in my “middle,” as that’s my problem area. I seem to be losing it on top – not my first choice. But I’ll take the slow and steady pace, because this IS very doable!

Sending Positive vibes . You’re all beautiful and fabulous! (Flabby bellies and all💕)

Day 29 Egg Fast Day 3

Great idea to write down the positives and negatives of the situation. It provides a concrete reminder of the things we may have taken for granted and the things that we can and should appreciate going forward.

Quick check in to add myself to the pocket list

Pocket List – Day 29 🍓
    @lilymartin
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @ccco
    @basyjames egg fast day 3

Day 29 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Just returned from a short but brisk walk that was well timed as its now raining. Enjoyed a lovely fresh salad brunch and dinner will be chicken, broccoli and carrots. Wine delivery arrived today and I managed to secure another online grocery delivery for early May 🙂 so we won’t be going hungry unless by choice! FD tomorrow.

Take care all 🤗

Day 29 North Wales NFD

Day 29, NFD, Aus

Hello all! I’ve been missing in action too but thinking of you. This helped yesterday as I managed to get a FD under my belt! Not a good success rate for April so I will aim for better in May. Merci, @jaifaim!

Day 29, md us, CD

Keeping everyday a 16/8 continues to help but alas no official 500-800 FD this month and the last week I felt awkward to come check in. Things remain stressful, like a wave or a roller coaster, never know what or how you’re feeling some moments of the day. I went to the grocery today, there was a line to get in, but I’m glad I went to get fresh fruits and vegetables. We were running out. Welcome to the newbies!

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 577 total)

You must be logged in to reply.