April 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
April 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 574 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 577 total)

• Day 24 – Ireland – CD
    Morning all! I hope you’re all keeping well…
    @basyjames I too apply very light makeup and office clothes as I never know when I’ll be asked into a work video conference … it is a bit funny to think i do that to go to my kitchen..
    I love my little home and it’s perfect for me … actually compared to some houses now it seems I have more space as houses seem to be shrinking the more time full families spend in them… my sister is nearly at breaking point in a gorgeous house with five of them 😂
    My man lives in the UK so we normally live between the two but… not now….. self isolated apart but it’s ok and it is what it is…. we’re both very good at being on our own… hence the non conventional set up… both have been married and lived with our partners before …
    @ihatelettuce I tried the spare room but love the view from my kitchen so much I decided to camp there for work… spending so much time in your home really helps with extension plans for the future 👍 there… another good thing about Covid 😂
    @emmataylor I have literally just cancelled out first time cruise – big birthdays this year for us and friends… it’s sad but I’m glad we are not going now 🚢
    We are coming to the end of this month… back in February I had offered to host May and I’m happy to do that as long as no-one else fancied doing it? I hosted last May and if you have not hosted before I definitely recommend doing it once… you tend to have a good month with focus on this WOL 🧐.
    I would need someone’s help with setting up the spreadsheet as I haven’t been using it…
    Have a great day everybody!!
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 24 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Accomplished a morning of household chores, and enjoyed a lunchtime walk in the sunshine followed by a lovely shower with luxury ‘spa’ products….now enjoying my Friday glass of red 😋 and feeling like a new woman! Happy that I have got back into the basic 5:2 groove this week, two good FDs and stayed dry till tonight.

Have a good weekend all. Stay safe and healthy 🤗

Day 24 UK FD
    Pocket List – Day 24 🍏
    @betsylee
    @dykask WFD
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @basyjames
    @helen285

Day 25 Tasmania, Australia FD
    Pocket List – Day 24 🍏
    @betsylee
    @dykask WFD
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @basyjames
    @helen285

Pocket list- Day 25
    @cateaus

Day 24 Ohio, US — FD
    Day 22 — NFD
    Day 23 — NFD

Wednesday I lost track of time and stayed up late studying for a test yesterday and last night I watched, in what is becoming my Thursday evening routine, mysteries on Masterpiece theater. Right now they have one from BBC, Death in Paradise followed by one from New Zealand, The Brokenwood Chronicles. It was a great way to unwind after the test!

This FD has been a good day, and amazingly enough, I managed to avoid the temptation of swallowing any bleach or Lysol.

@jaifaim I love your saying: We rise by lifting others. We are all linked together and what happens to the least human being ripples out to eventually affect us all.

Just to round off the day’s pocket list:

Pocket List – Day 24 🍏
    @betsylee
    @dykask WFD
    @funshipfreddie 🥚FD
    @basyjames
    @helen285
    @matpi

Pocket list- Day 25
    @cateaus

Day 25 – Japan – NFD

My water fast was easy. Wish I could say the same for my workouts. Working while wearing a mask isn’t ideal.

Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Awake early and will assume fence painting duties in the next couple of hours after my walk.

My weight hasn’t budged though, but hey ho, still logging in so still going to keep to this WOL and hopefully back on track.

Was talking to my Dad last night and one of the nicer things to come out of this restrictive and cocooning situation is that he is writing letters to the younger grandkids and they are writing back. So there is a lot of little letters from the 7-10 years olds, all helping them with their writing, and providing old-school communication between grandad and grandkids. Isn’t that lovely?

@funshipfreddie that was a very restrictive lockdown you had, there will be a run on the shops for cigarettes and alcohol from May 1st I wager

Day 25 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone, Oooops I’ve waffled on a bit this morning.

One of the reasons we live and worked in this area is I love being outdoors, always have from an early age. My father worked in a factory in one of the towns down a few miles away and I remember back in the early 60’s, when he came home from work he reeked of chemicals.
    Probably because of that, every weekend he and I walked for miles, went to his allotment or went fishing, anything to be outside. Later on, (unemployment was high in our area) I was sent for a job at the factory where he was a foreman. As I went to the office for interview, I was met by him and the manager, the manager said I could have a job, but I should talk to my dad first. Little did I know, but those two were great friends, needless to say I didn’t ‘get the job’ but the manager had to inform the unemployment office why. Apparently I would ‘be wasted as a factory worker and better suited to a profession’ forever thankful for that gentleman (and my dad) for steering me in another direction.
    Since the C19 restrictions we have stuck to walking around our local area and apart from when I’m on my MOAM walks (purely for exercise) my OH comes with me. She’s a bit shorter in the leg than me so we don’t march round at pace, we walk further, but obviously take longer. However with that comes a bonus, although I see plenty on my MOAM walks, see even more on our wanders.
    It’s quite amazing, I’m a country lad anyway, but just recently found I’m enjoying things even more. I know quite a lot about flora and fauna, always been interested, but seeing even more and finding a few more things out. Seen a few new sights, a Woodpecker actually drumming (heard it lots of times but never seen it drumming) been watching the Herons building their huge nests in the tops of the trees in the Heronry.
    Started taking note and finding names of various butterflies (lots of them about due to this warm weather) Bees, never knew there was such a variety, so plenty to keep me interested even though we might cover the same ground regularly, it’s always changing!

@daffodil2010 – Love hearing the kids writing to granddad! I’m sitting next to you on the plateau, we’ll jump off sooner or later.

@matpi – A pal sent me a one word message to broaden my knowledge, a description which might be appropriate to apply to one person in particular! ….. Ultracrepidarian

@funshipfreddie – Wow restriction on alcohol ! Missing the rugby is bad enough!

Take care all.

Day 25 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – CD

@brightonbelle – 5 🥚days, not 6! Mon – Fri.

@matpi 😅 oddly enough I haven’t consumed any bleach either. I’m going to wait until they bring out the fruit flavours

Egg fast done & dusted! It wasn’t so bad. Last Monday I was feeling a bit despondent. Despite sticking to 4:3 I’d still gained about 3kgs during April, & I was about 5 kgs over my upper target of 72kgs. So I decided drastic action was needed; hence the egg fast. I broke all the ‘rules’. I had two egg meals per day, at 2pm & 7pm. Two eggs, 30g of cheese, a little butter & 50ml low-fat milk. So 4 eggs per day in total. Plenty of tea, coffee, sparkling water &, I confess, diet coke. I lost 4.5kgs Some of that will be just water, I realise. But I’m quite sure I’ll be back to my maintenance target of 72kgs by the end of the month.

@i-hate-lettuce, @daffodil2010 – yes, we’ve had a very strict lockdown; & the jury’s still out on whether we’ll be able to buy wine from May 1st?! Luckily I planned ahead, & my stash hasn’t been depleted yet.

Fascinating to hear how global restrictions are having such a positive effect on the planet! Just as our bodies have the ability to heal themselves under the right circumstances, the planet does too.

Have a good weekend everyone 🌈🌤

Day 25 – Ireland – NFD
    Hi all! I’ve been extra careful this week and actually haven’t had milk for five days (by choice – things aren’t that bad 😉 🤣) which meant I cut down on a lot of the milky coffees i was having due to working from home so I’m down a couple of lbs this morning hurrah! We’ll see though how the month ends next week… it’s a bit of a yo yo zone weight wise at the moment even though I can feel I’m shrinking a teeny wee bit…
    Have a great day everybody!!
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 25 North Wales NFD

Day 25 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Day 24 NFD
    Good morning all. MIA yesterday and day before really. But not sure why. Just seemed extra busy. Both were NFD and I just stayed in my cal allowance. Early yoga class today and a run later. Have now progressed to running for 25 mins with no rests which gets me to around 3.7km.
    @penz – well done on your FD. IF you can both do this together, then that’s great. I like to end my day with a short yoga practice. At the moment I am following Yoga with Adriene, HOME 30 day challenge.
    @daffodil2010 – my friend had books to deliver from our writing group so she popped through my side gate and stayed for an hour at 2m distance. She’s been on her own as her DH is stuck in NZ with their daughter. She’s been finding it tougher the last week or so. She was saying she felt a lot better for seeing people in person.
    @daffodil2010 – that’s a lovely idea keeps your dad busy too.
    @missybear – well done for holding off on the wine.
    @flourbaby – glad the scales are being kind.
    @clemmi – its great when clothes fit again. The weight loss will come.
    @michelineme – I like your scales, can they come and live at my house. Mine seem to have got stuck.
    @jaifaim – that would be great if you could host May. @snowflake56 sorted the spreadsheet for me this me month. Its amazing where those extra calories hide.
    Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Day 25 – post 2

I was locked out by the spam filter again the other day, contacted JJ our forum Tech boffin who sorted it ….. but also came up with a tip!

Log in using your email address instead of user name. Seems like it doesn’t seem to offend the spam filter the same.

Day 25 UK NFD

Good tip , Thanks @i-hate-lettuce. JJ is really on the ball One of those weird advert/spam things popped up on our site last week I reported it and JJ removed it and got back to me within minutes

Have a good weekend all

Day 25 USA (Illinois) NFD

Just checking in. Doing my best to keep well under TDEE and do Silver Sneakers workout 3x a week. Keeping at maintenance by all of that, but also indulging a little.

Onward and downward.

USA Day 2 WFD

All of the sudden, this site is going to my spam folder. I don’t know why. Every now and then my technology seems to take on a life of its own! LOL Hope this doesn’t happen today. I didn’t receive anyone’s messages today.

Anyway, I am up 2 lbs. and am very annoyed to say the least. For this reason, today is a WFD. Fortunately, I am not hungry and am on a roll with exercising. I only wish we would have some decent weather for walking. It’s cold and clearly going to rain again. Thankfully, I have a rowing machine, which I love, and a treadmill (which is boring!!). I desperately don’t want the Covid-19 15!

Hope everyone is having a nice day! 🙂

Day 25, London, UK, FD

My brain is turning to mush in this lockdown!! I could have sworn I posted this morning!!!

Anyway, I’ve two ‘Walking’ workouts under my belt today, I’ll complete another one just before dinner, somehow exercise reduces my appetite rather than increasing it ……………………………. In theory I should already be as svelte as that bloomin’ gazelle I envy & fit as a fiddle to boot!!!

@i-hate-lettuce, as much as I would love to get closer to nature (I would love to see the woodpecker!) the wake-up tapping on my bathroom window at 4:30am from what I think is a parakeet (bright green & red beak?) is not quite what I had in mind!!!

@funshipfreddie 4.5kgs, congratulations!!!!…………………………… If only I could eat eggs other than the chocolate variety, or those mixed with butter, sugar & flour!!! This WOL is so easy that when things stall, you just can’t figure out what’s happening, frustrating I know, but if you do everything right the results will come ………………………. Maybe a ways down the road, but they WILL come!!

I don’t want to jinx things, but the scales are still cooperating, I’ve got everything crossed that it continues, I’m certainly not doing anything to reverse this 3 day whoosh!!! Clearly, the key is to be on lockdown, with ZERO snacks except cashew nuts, which I have to ration since shopping is a rarity, and plenty of exercise!! I decided that I would use the extra time saved from not travelling to and from work to do something productive. Housework can wait since I can fill those 3hrs with Pilates, Yoga and walking quite easily!!!
    Speaking to my friend last night about filling our days, she reckons there will be two types of people who emerge from this lockdown, those who are fitter than they’ve ever been in their lives and those who’ll need to squeeze through the front door sideways!!!! I know what group I’m aiming for!!!

Stay strong folks, we’ve got this!!!!

Day 25 UK NFD

I say it’s a NFD but not eaten yet…

I am however baking biscuits! I stumbled across a recipe for homeblend gf paleo flour from ages ago and wanted something to try it out – white flour is not my friend so I’m hoping this might be an altnerative for treat baking. A lovely chef friend is running weekly baking classes on church FB group and has put up his oat & raisin cookies. I’m just soaking raisins in tea and popped here to catch up with posts before the next step. If it works, i’ll share 🙂

Yesterday was OMAD NFD – baked sweet potato with cheese & spring onion, vegan sausages and a heap of peas followed by baked banana with icecream topped with powdered peanut butter and cacao nibs – my current fave. FInished up with a bowl of microwaved popcorn putting me just over TDEE.

To avoid falling back into binge/comfort-eating I’ve decided to have one tub of icecream a week, total 720 calories. It makes me feel wonderfully indulgent without turning on the sugar tap – says the woman who’s in the middle of baking biscuits! But I’ve already publicly offered to share them I’m hoping that will give me enought accountability 😀

Today is fortnightly veg box day and I’ve really enjoyed sorting, washing and meal planning. Looking forward to my OMAD of potato & apple salad, green salad and vegan fish, followed by stewed rhubarb and apple with icecream.

Today was also going to be my repotting and gardening day, but got tired out by watering earlier. Pick it up tomorrow after virtual church and zoom coffee. DD is coming round to ‘help’ – AKA lie in the sunshine, have tea & biscuits and chat from 5m away.

OK biscuit mix is calling my name… whatever the day brings, go gently 🙂

Day 25 NFD
    Could somebody remind me what the egg fast entails ? Thanks.

Spam alert – two posts above – I wouldn’t click on the link… 👍

@jaifaim -two of them now. I reported them.

Day 26 Melb Aust TDEE
    Day 25 TDEE

Had a very busy day with exercise yesterday – lots of walking and gardening/ sweeping – so ate well, but probably too salty. Scales up a bit this morning. That’s okay, they’ll come down again. The next few days will be more intense with fasting leading up to the end of the month. I’ve lost around 2 kg this month, and would really like to lose 1 more kg before the end of the month. So, …. wisdom and self-restraint are needed.

Onward and downwards everyone! We can do this.

Day 26 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Quick call in for a FD today, try and to fall off the plateau this week!

take care all

Pocket list
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 26 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@emma-taylor – here are a couple of links for egg fast info:-

https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/egg-fast/

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/egg-fast

Also, a few of us did an egg fast during the July challenge last year. I can’t believe that was almost a year ago?! From page 5 you can see how our experiences went:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/july-2019-monthly-challenge/

Back on the pocket list tomorrow

Have a good S🌞nday everyone

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Wow, I had a super busy day yesterday painting the garden fence in glorious sunshine accompanied by birdsong and the happy chatter of children in neighbouring gardens, and next door neighbour singing to her new born baby……life going on behind closed doors and fences but lovely to know we are here together.

I was in bed by 9.30pm and slept right through until 8.30am this morning! I am a really early bird so an 11 hour unbroken sleep means I must have been really tired 😄 Feel good today and it’s Sunday, yay.

It’s dull and promising rain so I have lots of indoor things to be doing. Still have plants to pot on so will pencil that in for later. Going to enjoy some wine this evening with DH when he gets home from work.

I loved your post yesterday @i-hate-lettuce, I love hearing about nature in others peoples areas (no herons or woodpeckers near me) and peoples back stories. Thanks for sharing.

@flourbaby a parakeet knocking on your bathroom window at 4.30am??? 😂😂

How I got into gardening and outdoor life was through my mother (coincidentally today is her 83rd birthday but sadly she passed 28 years ago)…….anyhow, she was a real Wonder Woman, bringing up 8 children, while still maintaining the house and a big vegetable plot out the back garden…..she grew all our fruit and veg (even sold her glut of veg to the local Spar 😆)…she was outdoors as much as possible. If we couldn’t find Mam we knew she would out the garden.

However it was only when we bought our own house that I really got interested in gardening. I took voluntary redundancy from my big corporate job 5 years ago and went to Horticulture college for a year which I LOVED, followed by a job in a local commercial glasshouse growing herbs and edible flowers. Bust up with the bully manager after a couple of years, and I walked, so I got another job in Financial Services. This turned out to be a good decision because right now I am deemed essential and thus still have a job!!

But I love my garden, being outdoors as much as possible, have at least two walks a day and am so grateful that we moved to this rural village back in 2006 and would never move back to the suburbs.

And this situation has really brought home all that we should be grateful for.

And on that note, have a great Sunday everyone.

Thanks Funshipfreddie. Very useful. I’ll have a go. H

Day 26 UK NFD

I’ve eaten several home-baked cookies already – 3 yesterday and two for virtual post-church coffee with friends.

As my first ever homebaked cookies I’m astonished how lovley they are 🙂 Feeling good that they are paleo but must work out calories – and next time halve the sugar rather than just 20% less. Could I be losing my sweet tooth?!

Thank you for your lovely long post today @daffodil2010 🙂 I love reading about people’s lives and potterings as well as 5:2 journeys. Unlike you I’ve had no gardening experience at all in my family – my gentle beginner pottering is the very first in two generations. Even with my gentle herbs, berries and tinctures they think i’m weird! I didn’t do very much physically yesterday but slept for an unbroken 10.5hrs last night. Clearly I need to keep doing that until I feel well-rested

Off to sweep the front porch & path ready to potter. Today will be repotting some indoor houseplants, preparing big pots for veg clearing space for tomatoes in growbags and making some trellises for tomatoes & peas. I’ve grown tomatoes in my front sun trap beforebut not recently – make the most of being home and paying attention to my surroundings! Yesterday i cooked enough for two days so I can relax and enjoy being, DD will pop round later for tea & cookies & catchup from 3m 🙂

Whatever the day brings, go gently

Day 26, London, UK, NFD

Late check-in from me, funnily enough, even with days blending into one, it’s still as quiet on here as a usual Sunday!!

Exercising like a demon at the moment ………………….. it’s doing wonders for my mental health. I am strong!!! I’m not missing the vino or the snacks and there’s no issue as there aren’t any in the house and the vino in the garage WILL stay put until May, or perhaps I’ll save it for a post lockdown blow-out!!! Everything is crossed that this mojo sticks around!!

@daffodil2010, I think I may have a parakeet feeding neighbour and said parakeet has the memory of a goldfish or ZERO sense of direction!!!!! He’s a member of that urban myth about someone releasing their pet parakeets in London which has led to great big flocks of them. They tend to buzz you in flocks when driving beside the common!!

@michelinme, I think I want that recipe, or maybe I don’t, but really I do ………. I think I’m stuck in a loop!!!

Take care everyone, enjoy the rest of the weekend, whatever that is!!!!

Day 26 USA (Illinois) NFD

Lovely sun today! Virtual church just finished, going outside to sit in the sun and read. Making lamb chops and a spinach / feta pie for supper. Hope it turns out!

Onward and downward.

Day 26 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Took a long walk to our local bluebell woods earlier today. It was lovely and warm and not too many people there. In the last few years there has been a problem with people not respecting the boundaries and tramping over the blue bells. This year with fewer people visiting they were looking great.
    Also made a lemon drizzle tray bake. It keeps the men in the house happy because they have a sweet treat and keeps me happy because I love baking. Win Win.
    @ccco – had the spam problem for last two weeks. Absolutely no idea why.
    @flourbaby – you’ve definitely got the exercise bug. It does keep you occupied though.
    @Daffodil2010- your mum really does sound like a wonder woman
    @michelineme – the cookies sound as though they were a great success

Day 26 – Ireland – NFD
    Hello! Lovely day here today… feeling good and strong 💪 after a lot of work in my garden yesterday and a 50km cycle in my 2km radius today… I also mixed in a socially distanced coffee with friends into my spin and carried my own cup in my water bottle holder 👍 . Where there is a will there is a way and all that 😂. Thankfully it’s dry and we can sit in gardens.
    Only four more days left in April – let’s make them count 👍👍👍
    Onward and downward ⬇️

NFD
    USA

Lovely weekend here in New England, albeit rainy day today. Walked a lot yesterday and soaked up the sun. On NFD, staying focused on 3 meals a day, mostly low carb and low sugar. Today, broke that a little with mindless eating of chips during a board game I was playing with my daughters but not beating myself up. Kind of looking forward to FD tomorrow.

I’ll be rooting for all of you joining me Monday for FD! Summer is coming- we want to look and feel fabulous!

Hi everyone in the April 2020 challenge
    Are you doing a May 2020 challenge? If so I’d love to join in, thanks

Hi everyone in the April 2020 challenge
    Are you doing a May 2020 challenge? If so I’d love to join in, thanks

Day 27 – Japan – WFD #34 in 2020

Already 1/3 through … oh wait that is just the easy part. Grumble …

Day 26 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 25 — NFD

Two regular NFD’s. Yesterday the scales showed no change over the last week, so no increase was good. This week I’m switching to a no flour, low GI bread and we’ll see what difference that makes.

Have a good start of the week everyone!

Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Going to try for an FD but it’s getting harder. I must have a reset or something. I am teetering in dangerous territory of the late 140’s and my mojo isn’t really caring. DH is off for the next two days which makes it harder to fast in the evening. Must give myself a talking to.

Anyhow have a great Monday, nearly finished with April, how did that happen?

Day 27 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Did Ok on yesterdays FD, in the morning didn’t feel like eating so thought easy Fd maybe? Quite easy to be honest, but no ‘plan’ which felt odd.
    However Monday is usually a FD so better set for the day. Yet again, bright sunshine and warm, early walk I think.

@sunflower1 – Yes there will be a monthly challenge for May, , keep an eye out for the link going up in the next few days.

Take care all

Pocket list
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask

Day 27 UK FD

Will try to balance some of the weekends excesses with a fast today ,started the month well but slipped towards the end .so looks like I’ll weigh on the same,which I’m fine with Think today’s going to be the last of the nice weather here for a while so think I’ll take a book out and get some reading in whilst topping up on vitamin D

Pocket list
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle

Day 27 UK FD

Will try to balance some of the weekends excesses with a fast today ,started the month well but slipped towards the end .so looks like I’ll weigh on the same,which I’m fine with Think today’s going to be the last of the nice weather here for a while so think I’ll take a book out and get some reading in whilst topping up on vitamin D

Pocket list
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle

Day 27 – Ireland – FD
    Hello all!
    @flourbaby I was thinking the same thing re: people coming out of this fitter or bigger… I am very much working towards the first but there are NFDs like yesterday where I lose control…
    Being very honest, my current goal is to come out of this transformed 🦋 🤪 to prove to myself that I, and only I, can change my diet and shape as this is a unique period in my life where there are no external/third party pressures… but it has made me question why I want this… as, I may not see many people for months.. so the question is: A) am I doing this for me? fundamentally for me so that I have better health, better shape, better habits …or B) is it because I want to look better In other people’s eyes.. (here I don’t mean my partner etc) but more generally .. I think that if we want to succeed at this WOL the answer has to be A)!
    So… In the main I’ve been really focused since the start of lockdown but I’ve had some epic fails too…but one thing I haven’t failed on is the increased exercise…so I am walking/ cycling in the morning very early, doing Joe Wicks, planking each day with my S&C group increasing by 5 minutes and up 130 seconds now, dancing around the house to music in free time 💃 or when I’m cleaning, lots of gardening and walking/cycling in the evening…
    I am working very hard at the moment but I’ve so much time now that it’s easy to do all this around the working and it makes me feel good and brings some routine and structure into my day and that’s the most important…
    @michelinme how did your cookies work out and can you post your recipe? I’m trying not to bake at the moment as i am a bit of a binge eater so there is the risk that I would eat everything I make if it’s in the house… but I’m getting better…..
    @matpi do you make your own flourless bread?
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    Pocket list
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim

Day 26 North Wales FD

Onward and downward ⬇️
    Pocket list
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @molij

Have a good day everyone. X

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

It’s a public holiday here today – ‘Freedom Day’. How ironic is that?!

And ANZAC day is observed today, for the Aussies, Kiwis? Not sure it’s appropriate to wish ‘happy ANZAC day’ though..?

Going for 3 good FDs this week to finish off this crazy month back at maintenance, I hope!

Pocket List – Day 27 🥕
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie

Day 27, London, UK, FD

Joining you @erikaa67 for a Monday FD, no doubt the pocket list will be long after the weekend!!

@dykask, good to know a professional water faster like you struggles like the rest of us 😂 ……………………… I suppose the relief & smugness only come AFTER you’ve managed to get through a FD!!!!

@jaifaim, I’m between two camps at the moment, I ALWAYS want to be fitter, healthier & slinkier, but I also want everyone around me to be blown away by the new butterfly!!! My binging tendencies haven’t been cured, so the ONLY way forward is to NOT have any binge-worthy food in the house, it truly is the ONLY way, but the supermarkets have the ability to derail my efforts with their stupid special offers & BOGOF’s!!!

Onward & downwards folks!!! Stay strong, stay safe!!!
    Pocket List – Day 27 🥕
    @erikaa67
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

“A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.” – unknown

Day 27 FD. London Uk

Joining today’s pocket list. Hope I do a bit better than I did on Thursday. Gulp.
    Pocket List – Day 27 🥕
    @erikaa67
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor

Day 27 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Last few days of April. Where has this month gone?
    I’m aiming to sneak in at least 2 FD if not 3 before the end of the month. Brave words I think. But we’ll see. Heading for 518 calories today.
    @sunflower1 – there will be a May challenge. The link will be put up here in the next few days.
    @daffodil2010 – you’ve got this. You know what you need to do. 🙂
    @brightonbelle – given the stresses of this month, standing still is an achievement.
    @jaifaim – I read a comment on FB that we would either be a) hunks, b) chunks, or c) drunks at the end of lockdown. I’m hoping for ‘a’. But we’re not out of the woods yet.
    I think you are right about doing it for you and your health.
    @flourbaby – I think @ihatelettuce has the right idea with one day off a week, to allow for any overindulging. Then firmly on the straight and narrow the remainder of the time.
    Joining the pocket list.
    Pocket List – Day 27 🥕
    @erikaa67
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2

Enjoy whatever the day brings.

Day 27 – UK – FD
    Days 23-26 – NFD

After a good start last week things went a bit wrong after Day 22 FD800……so I’m picking myself up today with hopefully a strong FD

Another lovely sunny day if cooler, Saturday was beautiful, went out for an 8mile hike, Sunday was overcast and mentally challenging for me…….not sure why but it led to too much food and wine!

So woke up today challenging myself to press my RESET button so started of my day with a 45min Broga class at 0700hrs, then did a 5 mile hike late morning, now back home and relaxing for a bit – a 1hr pilates class follows at 1500hrs and ending the day with a mellow yoga class this evening which will include some meditation and Pranayama 🙏

So far today I have only drunk water, planning on continuing with that until after yoga when I’ll have a bowl of porridge 🤞

Day 25 was Anzac Day in Aus – I was in touch with family and friends in Australia – no traditional parades this year but households were encouraged to go to the end of their driveways, or out on their balconies and hold a candle taking a moment to commemorate our Service personnel 💙💙

This isolation is not good as I’m tempted to spend more time in the kitchen, I love cooking lovely meals,, making cakes and batches of scones and special treats for OH – he can eat for England that one and does not put on weight, I just lick my fingers and a couple of pounds just appear the next morning ……..not fair!!!

Must stay strong today as aiming to finish the month on a high note and hopefully staying within my maintenance range…….FD today – CD on Tuesday and Wednesday and finishing with another FD on Thursday – I can do this!

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Ooops forgot to add myself to the pocket list – needing all the support available 🤗

Pocket List – Day 27 🥕
    @erikaa67
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2
    @at

Day 27 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Trying to ignore a rumbling belly…….will drink some water and add myself to today’s pocket list.

Pocket List – Day 27 🥕
    @erikaa67
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @molij
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2
    @at
    @missybear

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 577 total)

You must be logged in to reply.