April 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 740 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 741 total)

• USA Day 12 FD

FiftyandFabulous, I think you are right and I think this is my fault. I got the idea of drinking a lot of lemon flavored seltzer water. Even though it has no calories, it’s carbonate and that can be a problem. Oh well! I will have to cut down on that! I have insomnia when water fasting, so I looked up keto insomnia and what to do about that. It advised to increase my carbs in order to sleep. I am exhausted, so I broke my water fast and ate some carbs and protein. I am still tired but I feel better. The challenge for weight loss does seem to include finding what works for you and I guess I got too extreme. I am now in a fast until lunch tomorrow. I did complete more than a 16:8 today, so I will accept that. Hope you are having a great day!

Day 12, VA, USA, LFD (4xB2B)
    2nd Post

@ccco – Thats terrible about your daughter and her job. Do they even at least give her the option to come back? (Not that I’d be super psyched to go back to a place that doesn’t care about it’s employees.) Hopefully she finds something better.

@michelinme – Those scallywags! That is terrible I would promptly be writing and sending several letters over this treatment. They didn’t even give you a chance to prove yourself. AND my question is…. If they can see you didn’t pay once, don’t they have records they can pull up for that same day and see the same order and that it was PAID! I mean really – I’m just gunna say it WTF! Sending you lots of strength and love. Good for you also not eating those emotions.

@songbirdme – I read 30+ preschoolers and immediately was like “oh dear” then I was relieved they had parents with them. Yay. What kind of museum?

@shelliz – IF and only if, no pressure. You happen to do B2B2B sometime in the future. I got to say I woke on the 3rd day feeling a bit rough. I read a tip somewhere else, they said chug a 8-10oz glass of water. Don’t sip it. Just get it down quickly. (Also I found a bit of pink salt was really nice) I just put a dash of the salt on my tongue before I drink down a glass of water. **** oh my chocolate cake ***** I’m about to make a vegan “Crazy Ingredient Chocolate Cake” the crazy ingredient – cauliflower. I’m still fasting today so I may make this tomorrow. Then I can take some of it over to a friends house, bc I know I will want more than one slice (120 calories not too bad for chocolate cake) if you happen to want to make it here is the recipe. https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/06/18/cauliflower-chocolate-cake/ AND oh my I’ve never had Chocolate Meringues or salty Carmel popcorn, but I LOVE Carmel, chocolate and salt, so I bet I’d be into it.

@stephsie – wow 40lbs lighter – way to go! I’m so proud of you!

@miraclelou – great job reaching your April goal!

@rafiki44 – Sweeeeeet! That is awesome! I would keep running back upstairs to double check. I think I would also print out the number and wear it on my chest like runners do. My sweetheart would not be able to contain my joy and I bet the first thing he would say, besides good job. Would be where do you want to go eat to celebrate. (((Which got me thinking I need a different way to celebrate milestones!))))

@snowflake56 “carrot/apple salad with mandarin juice and asparagus with butter and a boiled egg on top.” This sounds delightful when did you say eating time was???? I’ve got to write this one down. (And now I know why some folks are green on the spreadsheet!)

@debster251 I know about the dragon (although it’s new for me to call it that – its quite an appropriate name.) All I can say is that I’m happy I’m not a fan of most sweets, but you put something salty across my line of site and BAM its like a siren will go off!

@flourbaby Had to look up Wotsits! Oh yeah, I love salty (more of a craving for salt than sweets. And just think they don’t weight ANYTHING, you could eat them till you turned orange!

@gretta thank goodness its muscle and not bone and that you are already feeling better!

@fiftyandfabulous eeeeeeep! I’m so excited for you. Sooooooo Close – You got this! yay

Keep on – Keeping on!

Day 12 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Started with a water fast at 6:15 yesterday evening and planning to keep it water until at least 24 hour. Then I may include some homemade chicken bone broth. Someone asked about what water fasting included. I consider it a water fast if I don’t add any calories to the beverage – so water, black coffee, herbal tea etc. If I add cream, which I prefer, I consider it a liquid fast day. From time to time I like to keep it a WFD in order to keep autophagy going. I think it was Thomas DeLauer who mentioned that black coffee activates autophagy. I know that protein stops autophagy. I want the autophagy to help get rid of loose skin.

@daffodil2010 – I’m sure you’re glad for your dad’s discharge tomorrow but the extra work on this weekend is tough. Is there anyone you can call on, perhaps hire if necessary to help with preparing for your dad’s arrival. And has been mentioned, he’ll be more glad to be out of the medical facility than that everything be perfect. Be kind to yourself 🙂

@ciren2 – I’m also mostly left-handed, ambidextrous on some things. BTW, I saw your long post and shortly after a 2nd shorter one where you mentioned losing the 1st one.

Day 12 Pocket List
    @shelliz
    @snowflake56
    @rabbette
    @russetfox
    @ccco
    @annemarilyn

Day 13, Japan, NFD

Quick check in. Yesterday’s FD became a CD of 800 kcal. It was a FD until dinner time and I had a large bowl of kefir. Feeling good this morning. Party today and going out tomorrow.

@rabbette Ah the salt! Might be the salt. I will try that the next time waking up feeling not so good. And your vegan chocolate cake recipe looks amazing! Cauliflower may sound crazy but I can imagine it being close to bread crumbs. Thank for the recipe! I’m making my chocolate cake using tofu. Here’s the recipe: https://cookpad.com/recipe/3683496 Sorry it is in Japanese! Chocolate, tofu, flour, baking powder, soy milk, that’s all you need. Melt the chocolate, mix them all and bake for 20 min. Sounds really easy and healthy and I’m going to give it a try today.

Day 12 Ohio, US — FD (#73)

Perhaps the heavy work schedule this week or perhaps this very changeable weather made me super tired today, so much so that by mid-morning I could just barely drag along. I was really thinking that I had chosen a wrong day for a FD. Indeed I was so wiped out I got a high-caffeine diet soda, something I very rarely do at work, and amazingly enough that saw me through the rest of the morning. I did make it through the entire FD with the fast intact, so that makes this a good FD.

@songbirdme That’s a great story about the bald eagles. I haven’t seen too many eagles around here, but there are a lot of buzzards and also wild turkeys, the latter being able to do some real damage to a car.

@fiftyandfabulous I like what you said about food being a gift to be received. A lot of weight loss programs treat it like an enemy to be fought against. I think that the idea of food as a good gift of life underlies a lot of the 5:2 diet, and I think that it really comes out in MM’s books. It’s good to renew that idea, and spring is the perfect season of renewal!

@RussettFox Sorry to read about your walking companion. Hope everything goes well at the vet’s on Monday!

@rabbette — it’s called Children’s Hands-On Museum of NW Illinois. I’ve been on the board to help get it started and now up-and-running for about 4 years.
    http://www.chomnwil.org — you can see me on the ‘board member’ page – I’m Gwynne French

3rd post

@shelliz – Yes the salt and chug the glass of water was a life savor. I had already prepared myself to let go of the idea of fasting on that 3rd day if I had to, but I did the salt and water and it made a HUGE difference. I am also not opposed to doing a LFD:WFD:LFD:WFD (the extra liquid actually being broth) so not a lot of calories I might break 30 for the day. I might be able to read Japanese…. No I’m kidding I can not. I did get google to give me a translation. I have a question…. Is that suppose to be Hot cake mix OR Box cake mix? Meaning there is already sugar added into the flour mixture? Looks delicious and easy. I want to make it.

Google Translation:
    chocolate 150g
    Silken tofu 150g
    Hot cake mix 70g
    Milk (or soy milk) 30 to 40 ml

@songbirdme – oh that looks like so much fun! Oooooo sharing photos! Ok I’ll let you pick me out. I have Pink and Blue hair 🙂 https://omonyoga.com/instructor/

@annemarilyn – That was me who asked… Thank you for your insight, that makes sense if its no calories its WFD and if you put cream in the coffee LFD.

@matpi – Yay you made it – good job. There always seems to be at least one rough spot during a fast.

Day 13 – Japan – NFD

Water fast 28 in 2019 went smoothly. I only had slight discomfort. This morning I did 325 pushups spread out in 16 sets. However only 35 were the dreaded pike push up. I’m not even doing that hard of a variation, my shoulders aren’t strong enough yet. My flexibility seems to be starting to improve a bit but I have a very long ways to go. Those two things are holding me back from doing a pike stand. I’m beginning to understand why many claim doing a pike stand is the hardest skill to master on the way to doing a planche. I’ve toyed with the idea of getting a set of low bars, but that is just a way to cheat with the flexibility and back strength. I just have to keep working at it.

Day 13: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

A quick check-in. I’m off to work now, so back later to catch up on you all.
    Have a good day x

Day 13, Emden Germany, NFD

2nd FD yesterday went well, could go on now but have a party tonight. I’m not hungry so will start eating when I’m at my friend’s house this afternoon, we always help with the dinner preparation.

@daffodil2010 don’t overdo the work in your Dad’s house, he will be so glad to be home again, I’m sure he doesn’t mind if not everything is perfect yet.
    @shinything thanks! It’s so lovely to watch, this morning we saw on the the little one peek out from under the mother.
    @michelinme I have you’ll have a nice and relaxed weekend, take care! Hugs x
    @ciren2 my Dad always said left-handed people are special and they are the best! I agree, my husband is also left-handed. The first time I had the brain problems I got tested on every illness they could think of but they didn’t find anything. The MRI scans shows nothing abnormal. I tried out different medications without any effect. It comes and goes but it’s scary every time it starts because we don’t know where the fall out of the nerves stops.
    @russetfox good luck at the vet today! Hugs xxx
    @songbirdme lovely picture, no feeding problems there!
    @rabbette how lovely to see another one of us! Gosh, you’re a yoga teacher, you must be flexable and very relaxed. Dinner is at 5:00 pm, you’re invited! Good luck on your 4 FDs, will join you on Monday.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Day 13, London, UK, NFD

Quick check-in from me today. I really need to blitz the housework so I can relax this evening with a good book!!

Although it won’t be a FD, I’ve lots of veggies to use up in the fridge so it should be a fairly controlled day.

Stay strong everyone!!

Day 13 – UK – NFD
    Another lovely sunny day today so will get out and about.
    Enjoyed a good 60km mountain bike rideyesterday but had a curry last night so any loss through exercise would have been well undone 😂.
    Have a good day all!

We rise by lifting others 💕
    Onward and downward ⬇️

@

Day 13 – Manchester, England – NFD

Hi All. Checking in to say that I’ve been really struggling for the past week. I am determined to get back onto things, but to say the past week has been disastrous eating wise would be an understatement. Thank you so much to those of you who have replied to me directly. Especially @rabbette – I don’t have the energy to get those measurements over to you right now, but I will defo come back to you at some point in the future.

Everyone here has been so lovely and I have read all of your comments. I’m just not feeling up to replying to everyone individually right now. I hope you understand.

I’m going to take today slowly and COUNT my cals which I haven’t been doing. I also plan to go to the shop and buy some ingredients and cook a lovely dinner. This often helps to make me feel better.

Thank you for all your support and kind words 💜

2nd post

@rabbette Hot Cake Mix means Pancake Mix. Yes there is already sugar in it, but the author indicates that if you prefer to use normal flour you can, just use flour and some baking powder (baking soda?) instead, and that’s what I am going to do.

Day 13 UK CD

Quick check in for accountability. Up & out early this morning but v tired indeed. Relaxed afternoon, get myself ready for tomorrow, early night.

@aglowworm hope you feel better v soon
    @russetfox hope your dog is ok at vet’s appt today x
    @daffodil2010 hope everything’s going well with getting your dad home & settled 🙂

Have a good weekend everyone x

@aglowworm: Sorry to hear you are struggling a bit. Talking as an expert (at struggling) here’s my advice, for what it’s worth.
    Try not to push yourself too much, thereby setting yourself up for failure, then feeling bad about it….Instead, set smaller, more easily attainable goals, one at a time…
    There I’ve said it, pretty theoretical on my part, but hey, if it helps..maybe I should follow that advice too!
    @daffodil2010: Hope today goes BRILLIANTLY for you and your dad.
    @snowflake56: Well, I suppose it’s good that you’ve had all the scans etc and nothing bad has been found….nevertheless, also very frustrating, because you don’t have a diagnosis. All the best to you, I just hope you get better soon anyway.

Day 13 Wales FD

Doing an extra fast day as not having time to eat on night shifts.

Vet said she thinks that woofit(Shay) has probably knocked the tumour on his ear causing it to swell. Hopefully should settle and reduce over next few weeks. She said that not too worried as other tumour has not increased in size. So we watch and wait but feeling relieved xx

Have a good weekend all x

Day 13 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

I did stick to a little over 24 hours of waterfasting yesterday. Then I did make myself one of my “fauxbucks” drinks in the evening – involving hot water, almond milk,a little cream, cacao powder, pero powder (coffee substitute), and sweetner. The scale rewarded me with going down 2 lbs. Still getting rid of splurges earlier this spring. Just broke my fast from yesterday with a couple of keto goodies. Yesterday, when I was out doing errands, I noticed a gluten free bakery and cafe. I went in to explore what they had, and was pleasantly surprised that they had a whole host of keto goodies as well. The cafe menu also has keto friendly offerings. What a great find! It’s a good place to meet up with a friend sometime with great healthy options!

@aglowworm – may you find your way. Remember to be kind to yourself! Sometimes we forget to treat ourselves as kindly as we do others.

@jaifaim – that’s some great bike riding! It reminds me that I need to get my bike ready for some exercise. It’s sitting in my garage waiting for me.

Have a wonderful weekend and Palm Sunday!

Day 13, UK, NFD

Its been an ok day, I haven’t counted calories as I don’t like doing that, but I think I ate sensibly 🙂

@songbirdme yes, its a Decorah webcam 😀 , I’ve been watching it on and off for years. Its really great, and very well run 🙂 . Thanks for that new webcam link, that story is amazing. I will keep an eye on that one but that nest sounds stressful haha 😀

@fiftyandfabulous congrats on reaching your goal for April 💃 , and thank you for your supportive words xx

@matpi I watched a documentary about wild turkeys called My Life as a Turkey and I fell in love with those birds, they are so misunderstood. I will never see a turkey in the same way again 😀

@russetfox sorry to hear your worrying news about your walking buddy, I hope everything goes well at the vet 🙏

@aglowworm sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment, I know how it feels, been going through the similar thing myself for a while now. Everyone is different, and there is no one fit all answer, but as @ciren2 said, try not to push yourself too hard and just keep going. And if you feel like giving up ask yourself: and than what? The rough patch will pass, just keep going 🙂 💪

I Hope you are all having a great weekend ❤

@russetfox: That sounds like better news for your dog. Hopefully he’ll be ok then, fingers (and paws) crossed.

Day 13, VA, USA, NFD (-7.4lbs) from the 4xFDs

total -21 lbs down Yay. I know this number is temporary as this is the weight right after a 4 day fast. I would say this definitely helped with the plateau. I would consider even keeping about 1/2 or even a hint less off a success. But maybe I’ll be surprised – I plan on resuming my FD on Sunday and then as usual. Just to keep myself mindful and in a good downward direction. (Ha who know a downward direction could be considered a good thing)

Won’t be able to chat to a bunch of you guys.. will need to catch up later.

@aglowworm – its ok. Take a breath. You are processing something that is currently taking up the capacity that you would be able to put toward working with food. Take some time to sit with a good meal (a heavy or rich tasting meal) and then take time to sit with a simple meal (simple could be just some veggies raw or sauteed, or a light soup, even a bowl of chicken noodle (if you eat chicken) would be simple. If you find that sitting and being mindful with the food challenging, (then -in my case it would be the food *I’m not a psychologist (I just play one on TV *kidding) if you do find with the food then its something else and it will just take some time to work it out. Hugs, you can do it (whatever it is you need to do.)

@shelliz – Dang it I should have remember Hot cake mix was pancake mix. I forgot it was called that, I was thinking it was an awkward translation of something else. Got it.. I’m all about less sugar in things let me know how yours came out. I’d love to leave out any unnecessary sugar.

@snowflake56 – Some poses I’m flexible (typically anything with the legs and hips) upper body (backbends and arms) not so much. Relaxed – yeah I’d say most folks would describe me as difficult to rial up and pretty easy going. But because I’m nice I am harder to get to know. I’m not as trusting (b/c I could be more easily taken advantage of) so healthy boundaries are important to me. Good luck on your next fasting day(s)!

Day 13 – Midwest USA – CD

Hey tribe, just checking in quick – hope everyone is well! . Hubs arrived home yesterday a day late as he was stuck in the blizzard and all flights cancelled. I made his favorite meal of buttermilk fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy smothered all over it. Enjoyed it, but I was SO stuffed after. CD for me today and my regularly scheduled WF for tomorrow, Sunday. So far so good.

To all those who are struggling with feeling like you are not doing well enough…I light a candle for you and pray for you to see your true beauty and strength.

To good health and new beginnings!

“Our godlike beauty is hidden behind curtains of shame.” -Gregory of Nyssa

Day 13 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good day of judging high school choirs — heard some excellent renditions of great choral music. Eating the catered breakfast & lunch may have been the only drawback on the day.

@rabbette – great to put a face with your name! (BTW, your hair and you are adorable.:) )
    Our youngest DD teaches core power yoga in Austin, TX– Monique French- Yoga Instructor is her Facebook page.

Onward and downward.

Day 14, Japan, NFD

Feast yesterday as planned. Beautiful day.

I made chocolate fudge cupcakes using tofu, waited until this morning to have some and they were so delicious! I’m leaving these memo for @rabbette and anyone who is interested.

250g chocolate
    300g silken tofu
    10g cocoa powder
    200g pancake mix
    70-80ml milk or vegan milk

180 degrees Celsius
    25-30min

As substitute for 200g pancake mix, I used 170g flour, 10g cornstarch, 10g sugar, 10g baking powder.

The original recipe: https://cookpad.com/recipe/3683496

Microwave the chocolates to melt them (or you can use the traditional way of hot water), while using spatula to break the tofu into sort of a creamy sauce with the help of a sieve(metal basket? drainer?) Mix the tofu into the melted chocolate little by little. Pour the pancake mix into the mixture and stir well. Finally add milk or any vegan milk, mix well. Pour into molds, bake and job done!

I used twice the amount of the original recipe, as I can only get silken tofu in packs of 300g. I used less chocolate but added some pure cocoa powder. The preparation was super easy, and all the bowls can be washed in a snap as no oils were used. This recipe aims to create a moist and heavy texture, almost like brownie, maybe a lighter version would have less calories. Next time maybe I’ll try find a recipe of vanilla cupcakes using tofu.

Day 14 – Perth AUS – NFD

So the weekend has ended up being NFDs, but back to it for the weekdays. Have picked up in the exercise, so hopefully that’ll account for some of the calories.

Clay 14 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Quick check in. Dad is home!! We got his bedroom sorted and the rest of the house cleaned up, it looks great. Delighted. He felt like he had got out of prison after nearly 4 months 😆

Today will be busy with camper van conversion…..I am putting in wood filler onto screws while DH builds furniture, then both of us will sand down the cedar cladding (cedar smells and looks amazing in our van). Will relax after a job well done with wine later. 🍷

Oh, and Friday evening I was called into HR and told I was not successful in the job application. Strongest interview they have recently had but my lack of experience in financial services could not stack up against the other applicant. I reckon they had already chosen before they interviewed me.

But you know what? This is weird……but I actually felt RELIEVED when told 😀 I will take that instinct to mean that I was not meant to get that job and something better is out there. So already, DH and I have decided to take a month off mid September to October and go travelling!! If I am working on contract well they will have to work around tgat! On contract means freedom for me.

So thanks guys for all your encouragement but I can say that I am truly happy with the way things worked out….funny eh?

Day 14: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Another lovely, sunny day with spring freshness in the air and a touch of frost in the shadows. Walked the dog, had breakfast, church next on the agenda.

@daffodil2010: So happy for you and your dad. So you DID manage to get everything straight in his house….phew, you must be worn out, but so happy to have him at home where he belongs. I bet he is too!
    Interesting that you are actually pleased NOT to get that job….seems that, deep down you somehow knew it wasn’t right for you. Everything has a reason. So now, RELAX and enjoy life, eh?
    @rabbette: You are doing amazingly well….congratulations!

Day 14 -Midwest USA-FD800 – CW134 GW135

Today I hit my goal weight!!!! Well, actually over shot it by a pound. 🙂

That is 24 pounds released in 13 weeks with this program and I couldn’t be happier! I went from a US 10/12 to a US 6/8. I feel lighter physically and mentally. I only wish this program was more well-known in the US.

I think I am going to keep doing 5:2 through April and May and see if my body would release 5 more pounds to get into my lower range. Then the real work of maintenance will begin.

I loved reading the recipes and I agree that the Chocolate Covered Katie blog rocks. I’ve made several recipes of hers with the most recent being her ‘Tinder Brownies’ – so yummy and nourishing!

Normally I do a WF on Sundays, but I’ve caught a cold, so tentatively planning FD500-800 with homemade veggie soup, and lots of fruits and juices today to help my body recover.

@daffodil2010 Congratulations on your dad coming home! You have such a good attitude about the job interview. Where are you going to travel?

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Day 14 Pocket List
    @fiftyandfabulous

Day 14, London, UK, NFD,

I’m feeling a bit sorry for myself as a sore throat is annoying me; as you may know …………………. I LOVE my sleep!!! I stopped the nightime coughing at 3 a.m. with a mug of ACV, Manuka honey & lemon juice in warm water ………………… sooooo good!!

@aglowworm, it seems as though we’re both looking for some mojo, don’t panic, it often deserts us for a spell here and there, take some time to be kind to yourself and you’ll soon get back on the wagon!!

My Dry April has NOT gone to plan …..…….. again!!!! Does it make sense whilst clearing cupboard space to open the 7th bottle of red JUST because the wine rack only holds 6???!!!

Anyway, firmly pressing the reset button again, I need to do some work on my mojo. The intention is there and to be honest, the food choices are better, I just need to lose the corkscrew!!!

@daffodil2010, Que Sera, Sera. You left that corporate world once before, for a reason!!! I hear horticulture calling your name once again…………………… either that, or your OH needs to work harder to keep you as a lady of leisure!!!!! I’m glad to hear your dad’s home and happy, it’ll do his health the world of good to be surrounded by the familiar!!!

I’m off to make a roasted cauliflower soup, I hope it works out!!!!

Happy Fasting folks!!!

@fiftyandfabulous: Fantastic news….you DID it! Join the maintainers, there are a few with us….not me, alas!
    @flourbaby: Press that re-set button. Doesn’t help if you’re feeling under the weather, does it? Get well soon x

Day 14 UK NFD

Day 14 – Manchester, England – NFD

Hi everyone.
    @michelinme, @annemarilyn, @ciren2, @shinything, @rabbette, @flourbaby – thank you so much for all of your kind words. I’m a bit overwhelmed by how lovely you have all been. It really does mean a lot to me. Thank you.

Taking time to be kind to yourself and give yourself a break when you need it is so important and I have been trying to do that.

@ciren2 – You’re absolutely right about setting those small goals, especially when feeling rubbish. I’m just trying to take things one day at a time right now. I hope you’re doing ok at the minute too. Baby steps will get us there eventually.

@shinything – What you said definitely resonated with me: ‘And if you feel like giving up ask yourself: and then what? The rough patch will pass, just keep going’. Everything we go through passes eventually. ‘This, too, shall pass’ 🙂

@russetfox – sorry to hear about your pooch. I hope that his treatment continues well. It’s so hard when they’re sick and you can’t explain what’s happening to them.

@daffodil2010 – sorry to hear about the job, but if you felt relieved, it definitely means that it wasn’t the right thing for you. I’ve been there! What kind of van do you have for your camper? I love camper vans. We used to have a VW T25 and loved it so much. They’re great fun. I hope to get one again someday.

@fiftyandfabulous – amazing news! Congratulations and well done on all your hard work!

Day 14 UK NFD

Knackered after another v early morning in town, not enough sleep and the emotional drain of portraying Judas in this year’s passion drama. Feeling v emotional – down & disconnected – and need some processing time. Heading for a very early night with gentle audio book…

Meanwhile, just had lovely late OMAD Sunday lunch of baked sweet potato with vegan red leicester cheese, asparagus, tenderstem brocoli and green beans with baba ganoush. Pudding in the oven – posting for accountability so I don’t eat a huge portion! – pear & ginger with oat & pumpkin seed crumble and vegan greek yogurt with cacao… yummy 🙂

@daffodil2010 congratulations on not getting the job! Loving the sound of your campervan conversion, and a good month to start you off 🙂 And well done on getting house ready for your dear dad to enjoy

Looking forwad to tomorrow’s FD….Onwards & downwards

Day 14 Wales NFD

Just checking in, very tired after finishing nights this morning. Off for 2 nights then more nights Tues 🙁

Day 14
    Florida
    NFD today. Stayed the same on weight. A hectic week and off schedule with fasting. So, I’m happy to remain the same. Have to admit did have a wonderful milkshake last week. 🙂 Hoping this coming week will be a bit slower.
    My fast day had to be changed to a different day. Tomorrow begins back on track with fasting.
    Have a great week.

Day 14, VA, USA, NFD

Hi gang – Had a great night out under the stars next to a little back yard fire pit! Had a blast! Had a few gin and tonics oooooop the scale will probably let me know all about that one haha. I’m glad I had them tho it was a very fun occasion.

@songbirdme – it is nice to have a face to the name. Glad you like the hair! I was pink for about 20 years now, and recently in the last year or so put blue in the front and like that a lot so far.

@shelliz – oh this is so kind of you to translate the recipe. I copied it down and if I get a chance I will make it next weekend! We are getting ready for a trip, so that may delay me making this, but I’m super excited to try it.

@daffodil2010 – I bet it feels sooooooo good to have all the things in place! So glad your Dad got home. This Conversion Van thing. Did you convert a regular empty van and build your own stuff to put into it? AND if you did it, how did you learn to do it? This sounds soooooo exciting to me.

@fiftyandfabulous – So exciting! Yay – doing a happy dance for you! Cheers! I love Chocolate Covered Katie, I mean that girl is so creative! BTW no one could tell at the party that the chocolate cake had cauliflower in it! Wooot woot and it had 2 cups worth.

@flourbaby – mmmmm the wine rack does only hold 6… I mean it would make sense to me as well. I too LOVE a good cocktail or stout, so I’m sure we are related in some way. Just let yourself re-set. Its ok.

@russetfox – My dads doggie had a similar thing with the ear. She recovered well and I hope your little furry friend has a speedy recovery.

Keep on keeping on
    I plan on starting FD tomorrow! Woot woot got to get on that Fast Train to trim town 🙂

Day 15, Japan, FD

Struggled to sleep so feeling down today. But really need a FD to get the reset button pushed after 2 NFDs. Have been going up and down for about a week so time to get some weight down there.

Day 15 pocket list
    @shelliz

Day 15 – Japan – WFD

Funny my wife uses cookpad all the time.

Today is water fast #29 in 2019. I pushed in a run and right now an running at a 3000 calorie pace. However my calories being burned typically slow down as my fast progresses. I expect that to happen soon.

Day 14 Ohio, US — NFD (70 bites)
    Day 13 — NFD (70 bites)

Yesterday was another marathon day. I had to drive all over the country, but I still managed to get my taxes all taken care of. Hurray! Today has been another matter — it’s felt like a long slow haul. Perhaps because it rained all day and was chilly and grey, but it took a lot of effort to get anything done. Well, in the words of a famous Southern heroine, Tomorrow is another day.

@daffodil2010 The camper van idea sounds intriguing. Where do you plan to travel with yours?

Day 15, Melbourne, FD

Day 15 pocket list
    @shelliz
    @biddiev

First post in a few days and I was aghast to hear that you had to go through all that accusatory stuff, @michelinme – totally on your side and I hope you will be able to follow it up by writing etc as others have suggested. They should not get away with such appalling behaviour.

@daffodil2010 glad to hear your Dad has improved.

@russetfox sending some prayers up for Woofit xxoo.

I went for a 2 hour walk over the weekend and feeling good that I could do it, as I am totally sedentary and very unfit. Aiming to walk the lovely Warburton Trail by the end of this year and my walk was a 2 hour segment of a 9-10 hour walk along the trail. Just need to keep at it…

Hang in there, everyone.

Day 15, Emden Germany, 2nd FD of B2B2B2B2B2B2B

had a great weekend, too much wine on Saturday but managed to do a FD yesterday, so not too bad. Next week friends plan to come over for a few days so go on with the FDs to have more room next week.

@russetfox the news about Shay doesn’t sound too bad, hope the swelling will go soon. Your on and off on night shifts sound exhausting, you never get into some rhythm.
    @aglowworm I hope things will be better soon. Just try to make sensible choices and take care of yourself.
    @ciren2 thanks, it is as it is, I can live with it if it stays on this level.
    @daffodil2010 I’m sure you’re Dad is very happy to be home again and doesn’t have to live by the hospital rules anymore. How nice the company notified you so soon after the interview, it’s an interesting outcome, perhaps you didn’t realy wanted to stay there. How lovely to hear about your van holiday plans in September, something to look forward too.
    @fiftyandfabulous congratulations on reaching your goal!
    @rabbette such a great loss already! I’m so glad to have you with us here, you always give such sensible advice.

Day 15 pocket list
    @shelliz
    @biddiev
    @snowflake56 2nd of B2B2B2B2B2B2B

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

What a horrible rainy and cold Monday morning it is, but it’s a 4 day week and then a nice 4 day break over Easter. Yay. Looking forward to work, even more so now that I am not being made permanent……super strange, but yup, maybe that’s my instincts telling me something else us on the horizon….so exciting ☺️

Dad had a wonderful night sleep his first night home. The joy of having a ham and cheese toastie at 9pm while sitting by the fire watching the tv without anybody disturbing him, and even better, being able to switch off his bedroom light and know that the only person who will switch it back on is him 😄 He will recover very quickly now I would say.

As for the camper van @agloworm, @rabbette, we bought a big Mercedes Vario van on a whim last year. It was a commercial vehicle in a previous life. We thought what fun it would be to turn her into a camper van. And it is. But if we had known then how much time and money it requires to convert to our (admittedly extremely high) standards, we might not have done it. Now we are too far in and it’s an ongoing job.

Neither of us had a clue, but YouTube is a great teacher and there are loads of people like ourselves out there converting vans so a good community of hints and tips. It’s going to be fab when done. One of our first trips will be to Scandinavia, Nordkapp, take a few weeks to travel. Won’t be this year, but maybe next. Going to travel around Ireland first to get to know her.. So that will probably what we wil do for our month off this Autumn.

Have a great Monday FD everyone

Day 15, London, UK, NFD

My throat is on fire!!!! I’m still sipping ACV, lemon & honey, but perhaps a couple of aspirin are called for this morning.

I hope you’re all faring better than I am, perhaps tomorrows’ FD will help with the recovery ……………….. or the drive to work will knock me for six!!!

Happy fasting folks!!

Day 15 UK FD

Yo yoing due to overdoing it at weekends Aiming to really stay on track all week and hope to reap the benefits Also want to try and get an hour or so to catch up on all the posts x

Day 14 – NFD
    Day 15 – Ireland – FD
    Went overboard with food this weekend and sugar featured heavily too.. I made some very silly choices even when on my own so I can’t blame anyone else but me!
    Today i feel wiped but my hayfever is also at its worst right now…. that always makes me feel soo wiped out and not with it but must get to it as in work and focus is shot…
    Anyway… going for a FD today to get me back on track..
    @flourbaby, @michelinme, @shelliz, @aglowworm and anyone else feeling rubbish today I hope you feel better soon! I’m hoping that tomorrow truly is another completely different day, as @matpi says 😄 everything will look much better👍
    Well done @biddiev, the hardest step is the first step and you’ve taken that… well done to you!
    @rabette your night under the stars sounds magical! ✨
    Omg @snowflake@56 that is a lot of b2bs 👏
    Have a good day all!

Pocket list:
    @shelliz
    @biddiev
    @jaifaim

We rise by lifting others 💕
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 15 – Manchester, England – FD

After my terrible week last week, I am feeling a bit better and hoping to get back on track this week, starting with a run at a FD today.

@snowflake56 – thank you for your kind words. I’m getting there slowly, I think.

@daffodil2010 – I’m so glad your dad is enjoying being home now. The camper sounds wonderful, but yes, it’s so much time and effort to do your own conversion. It will be incredible when you have it all finished though and such an achievement!

@flourbaby – oh no! You poor thing! I hope you feel better soon.

@jaifaim – I feel you with those bad choices, but onward we go. The only thing we can change or have control over is right now! Do antihistamines or anything help with the hayfever? I get it very rarely, thank goodness, but I know that wiped out and foggy feeling that comes with it. I hope you feel better soon.

Pocket list:
    @shelliz
    @biddiev
    @jaifaim
    @aglowworm

2nd post day 15 …

My calorie burn did slow way down, probably be around 2600 total today. This is mostly based off of heart rate. However I feel chilly now, which is typically for me while fasting.

Day 15 USA (Illinois) NFD

Quick check in — hugs to everyone.

Onward and downward.

Day 15 UK FD

Slept for 12hrs tho woke a few times bc feeling ill – maybe the same old same old cold is simply having a last hurrah 🙁 And super thirsty after more carbs than usual…

Yesterday turned into EFS including my first pasta in about a year! Delicious red lentil pasta stirred with lightly cooked garlic, mushrooms, avocado and tomatoes topped with vegan red leicester cheese. Also ate the WHOLE pear & ginger crumble with plant milk Greek yogurt…. c850 calories worth. But no bloat today, yay!

Still tired & down today & lazed away the morning with audiobook and dozing… Now going to focus on yoga & mediation, catching up with Lent course in the sunshine and – if I have mental capacity – writing up my action list for the week ahead. Only 3.5 days until the Easter break and lots of bits to get on top of before then…

Offering a hand to fellow FDs, and all who are feeling sick or down today. Here’s to gentle minds and good self care. Sometimes it just takes a few baby steps in the right direction x

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 741 total)

You must be logged in to reply.