April 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 740 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 741 total)

• Day 15 Wales FD

Pocket list:
    @shelliz
    @biddiev
    @snowflake56 2nd of B2B2B2B2B2B2B
    @jaifaim
    @aglowworm
    @russetfox

Feel like a zombie today, just can’t seem to wake up, oh the joy of rotational work shifts. Thank you all for your kind words about Shay, no changes yet but will keep you posted.
    Have a good Monday all xx

Day 15, VA, USA, WFD 1st 5xB2B

Although writing out B2B2B2B2B2B is a ton more fun, but I can not seem to figure out when to stop. Its like trying to write the word Banananananana *I’m dyslexic* and its one of my many “fun” words to try and figure out how to spell.

I decided to do another 4-5 day fast. The loss number after 2 eating days is about (-2.5 lbs) but it was a weekend filled with a bit more extravagance than usual for me.

I’m curious about the extended fasting process and looking at 2 things
    1. I would like to see if the results are similar to last week.
    2. It was really quite fascinating that I (the one who can basically inhale an entire doughnut typically before my sweetheart even gets about 1/2 way done) Stopped when I was 3/4 done and not only gave them the rest, but ALSO they finished before me!!!!

I’ve done lots of research (I want to be safe with my body #1 priority!) most info I encountered say if you have at least 2 good feeding days then doing 5 FDs will be ok, and that you could safely do them week after week as long as you do have your eating days.
    I also chatted @rosy Posy about her 5B2B LFDs and sounds like we are a bit similar in our habits (meaning our other habits/outings/events in life). This would be why I easily get stuck. I consume quite a few high calorie foods, like nut butters and grains and BBQ because my SO is underweight, so high calorie foods are all over this house and its just easier for me not to eat them than have a small portion of them.

I’m open to also not all of the days being WFD. I may change some of them (according to how I feel) to be LFD or FD with a liquid broth soup and few veggies in it. I will play this by ear and just check in with myself about how I am feeling.

@ciren2 – thank you. I got to say I actually just liked the extended fasting.

@snowflake56 – Glad to be here with you guys/gals! I got a B2B buddy! I too had enjoyed many cocktails this weekend.

@daffodil2010 – I was wondering if YouTube was the helper! That is WAAAAAY awesome. I think our next van adventure will be something like that. – get an empty one and fit it how we want. I’m glad you told me you are novices, it inspires me to not be afraid to try it. AND yes it can be a bit of money to try and convert a space into what you want it, but boy is it rewarding when you have had the chance to make it YOURS! This if FAB! Good luck with this endeavor!

@flourbaby – oh my, my go-to is also gargle with salt water. I hope you feel better soon.

@jaifaim – There must have been some memo that went out that said “Have a BLAST this weekend!” Because I’m reading that quite a few of us did this weekend. You are NOT alone!

@michelinme – awe, hope you feel better. Hot tea? Hot water and lemon?

@russetfox – booooooo rotational work shifts. Its too bad they don’t have them for about a month/or season. B/c sleeping routine is very tricky when you have to change it every week. I feel for you. Drink your water, sometimes our bodies need more water to process sleeping pattern changes.

Pocket list:
    @shelliz
    @biddiev
    @jaifaim
    @aglowworm
    @russetfox
    @rabbette 1st of 5xB2B

Getting on the re-set Train in the Fast lane. (I’m getting good at these one liners) *pats self on back* haha

USA Day 15 FD

Starting a regular 5:2 FD today which should come in under 500 calories, since I am journaling my meals. Good luck all you fasters today and the best to all you non fasters.

BTW, Daffodil2010, with all the work you and your husband are putting into that van, I think it is going to be awesome!

Pocket List Day 15

@shelliz
    @biddiev
    @jaifaim
    @aglowworm
    @russetfox
    @rabbette 1st of 5xB2B
    @ccco

Have a great day!

Day 16 Melb Aust CD (it’s only 1:20 a.m. here, so most folk are still on day 15)
    Day 15 FD800, Day 14 CD, Day 13 NFD, Day 12 CD, Day 11 FD

Well, so much happening with everyone. Was upset and angry on your behalf, @michelinme, and now you’re unwell on top of it. Write a reasoned letter of complaint as high up the chain as you can go, and shopping at that store again – IF an genuine apology is forthcoming, maybe, but it just leaves a sour taste in the mouth to be so badly mis-judged. Oh, and I’m a leftie, too, like you, @metatauta and @snowflake56 .

@russetfox – hope your canine companion continues okay.

@daffodil2010, well done to get the home ready for your Dad. Your campervan sounds as if it will be awesome.

Sorry for all the folk who are struggling with ill health, and allergies, etc. May you recover quickly!

Last week, my 4th FD became a CD, but the good news – I seem to have shifted down off my plateau!!!! What a relief, though I’m still not entirely sure it’s happened. Can’t really believe it. But, that means I’ve now gradually lost nearly 11 kg, and am 1/3rd of the way to my final goal. I’ve about 22 kg left to go. Oh how I sigh when I read of all the folk nearing or already at maintenance. But, this WOL is working for me, and I’m thankful for all the support I’ve received from you all along the way.

Keep on keeping on everyone, with your eyes on the goal, respecting the journey.

Day 15: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD

Didn’t sleep too well last night…keep getting horrible, agonising cramp in my leg, not helped after jabbing my kneecap on the sharp corner of a square, metal tree-container by someone’s front door yesterday as I swung away from their letterbox…..ouch, ouch, ouch! Also, have any of you tried head-butting into a hanging basket at speed? Hazard of the job! Also, must watch out for spaced paving slabs set into loose gravel….great trip hazard.
    @rabbette, @snowflake56 and others:
    You people who can do 4 or 5 days fasting in a row…I’m in awe (and quite jealous) of you!
    @daffodil2010: What a joy for your dad to be able to sleep in his own bed at last….hospitals are too bright and noisy at night.
    @flourbaby: Sounds like you’ve got what I had last month. Get well soon.
    @michelinme: You too xx
    @russetfox: Hugs for Shay, aka woofit, and commiserations for you doing horrible shifts.

Day 15 – Midwest USA – Feast Day

Just a quick check-in as I am chasing my 2 year old granddaughter around today. She is actually faster than me. 😉 I’m using voice to text so please excuse if it turns out wonky. 😋

Question for everyone: has anyone had their partner say they are getting “too skinny?” How did you respond? I have plenty of junk in the trunk, but hubs thinks I am getting “bony.” Sigh.

I am changing my fasting routine due to it being Holy Week to commemorate the trial, crucifixion and burial. Fasting Maundy Thursday evening through Good Friday. Hubs is fasting dinner those nights with me, so it will make it smoother and easier to attend our observances each night with no mealtime and clean up to squeeze in!

I’m going to go for 1500-2,000+ cals the rest of the week, so I hopefully don’t drop more than a pound this week.

To all a fabulous day!❤️❤️❤️❤️

2nd post

@ciren2 – Oh My! You may need to wear a helmet! (Almost serious about that comment) As for the 4/5 day fast. Ya know I didn’t try and do one at first. My first one was last week. I was actually going for B2B (2days) and then a fellow faster said it gets easier after sometimes the 2nd day and/or 3rd day. Each day I woke I would then decide after having a nice glass of water, if I wanted to continue or if I wanted broth or something. Last week I did WFD and LFD. This week I’ll prob do something similar.

The 3rd day was the most challenging. I had moments where I was like hummmm and then I thought – time to drink water (adding a dash of salt to my tongue) and would wait about 2 minutes *it worked quick on me, and I was fine. SALT is your friend (get a good salt too, like sea salt or himalayan pink salt, there’s more minerals in those to help out the body.)

@fiftyandfabulous – hummmm if my sweetheart said that we would need to have a talk. It is usually a response to a new situation. Let them know how you feel and that you are being good to yourself and this is the new you. You will grow stronger as your body settles into its new and beautiful form. And some folks do have bone structure that is a bit more pronounced “bony” it does not mean they are too skinny. I can tell you are being healthy, your body is probably just excited to get rid of what it doesn’t need. Hugs

Cheers – Keep on chugging along. (Water especially 😉

Day 15 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Kept the coffee black this morning, so a WFD so far. I have some lovely teas, so if I keep up the water along with some tasty teas, perhaps it will be so for the whole FD. I’m taking this a day at a time this week. Will perhaps do a 3 day B2B2B. @rabbette, I think for every B, it’s a day 🙂

@ciren2 – your delivery route sounds like a daily obstacle course. Ouch for hitting the metal corner!

@snowflake56 – wow, you’ve really got a string of FDs planned! Wishing you well!

@rabbette – yes on the fasting and subsequent refeeding, in my research, I’ve found it recommended to refeed for 1/2 the length of a fast; for example, 2 days fasting followed by 1 day eating. That’s from Dr. Jason Fung’s official FB site. This is talking non-eating type fasts; WTF or with Liquid that would include broth or cream in the coffee but no solid food. I like to change it up to keep my body guessing. Also, sometimes I can get what I call “fasting fatigue”, so in order not to slip into that, I’m taking it one day at a time this week. I’ll see how I feel and decide.

Pocket List Day 15

@shelliz
    @biddiev
    @jaifaim
    @aglowworm
    @russetfox
    @rabbette 1st of 5xB2B
    @ccco
    @annemarilyn

Wishing everyone all the best – may the sick get healthy! We can do this!

Day 15-Atlanta, Ga-USA

Just checking in.. Been under the weather so I’m just catching up on your comments. Glad to be back!

Day 16 NSW Australia CD
    (Tuesday 6.45 am)
    Hi everyone. Enjoying reading all your posts.

Thank you for all the lovely ‘welcome back’ comments, just over one week ago – much appreciated xx

Still settling back into 5:2 – I know it works but my will power is a bit lax atm! Also a little lazy! I really need to to give myself a good talking too and get really serious about improving my overall health, once again. Your posts give me motivation, and I’m encouraged by all your good work. It’s time to act!

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now xx

Day 16 – Melbourne Aust – FD B2B

Love reading all your journeys!

Thanks @jaifam.

Hang in there, All! There are moments when it’s tough, but they pass and it’s So worth it, this WOL!

Day 16, Japan, CD

Not the best FD yesterday, probably 700 kcal. I always fail at dinner…

I bought some soup stock cubes to try drinking. If I find it good I might try a LFD tomorrow.

Onward and downward…

Day 16 – Melbourne AUS – NFD
    Day 15 FD (484cal)

Weekend was going well until Saturday night dinner – friends birthday at an Italian restaurant, and did zero holding back on the carbs front. This continued on Sunday with a bit of an arvo binge – more bread, and some chocolate ‘healthy’ icecream with chopped almonds (only 320cal for the entire tub, however it’s a fair whack when eaten in its entirety with the chopped nuts on top…high protein and low sugar, that helps…)

Back on track this week, yesterday walked 4km to work this yesterday, and ran the same distance home (can leave my bag with DH to drive it home for me), and a strength F45 class this morning. Hip has flared back up again, though the osteo did tell me to push it a little bit to see how it reacted to treatment, so will see what she says on Thursday at the next appointment.

@daffodil2010 such exciting news about your father being discharged! I’m sure he’ll be thrilled with what you’ve done to make his homecoming possible. Sounds like awful timing – but just think of the exercise you’ll be getting with all that housework. Silver lining!
    @debster251 that sugar dragon is sneaky, never know when it’s going to hit!!
    @michelinme you poor thing, that whole situation sounds bloody stressful. Well done on having the strength to deal with it
    Congrats to @stephsie and @rafiki 44 on reaching your goal! Hope to be joining you in the next few weeks  (I’m pretty close, but I’m a long serving member of club tortoise!!!)
    Hello to all the lefties/ambidextrous folk out there!
    @ccco how frustrating!! Bad hay fever sometimes makes my weight go up temporarily when it first hits – I know it’s springtime there for you, could be something like that contributing? Sounds like your body just wasn’t feeling the B2B water fasting at this stage, listen to your body, the weight will come off. Trust the process.
    @dykask such great work with your planche progression! Keep at it!
    @aglowworm I feel you, I was going through the same thing mid-month last month, you’ll get through it with the support of everyone here. Hang in there, and don’t be too hard on yourself. My absolutely favourite quote which really resonates when times are tough: If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now.
    @russetfox that’s really positive news about woofit!! Glad to hear.
    @fiftyandfabulous what a fantastic quote, so powerful! And CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING GOAL!!!
    @daffodil2010 sorry to hear you didn’t get the job, but sounds like a great plan! What freedom to be able to take the month off to travel!

Day 15 Ohio, US — FD(#74)

Just to check in. The FD went moderately well. Had another deep tissue treatment and the doctor went in much deeper than before and with a proportional increase in pain. Pretty wiped out now.

So keep the faith, everyone!

Day 15. California. FD

I have a work trip immediately followed by a vacation with my family for the next week and a half so posting and fasting will be challenging. Today I managed to not eat until 6pm at which point I had half a glass of 🍷 which was probably a bad idea on an empty stomach followed by dinner of a salad of tomatoes and burratta with a piece of bread. Maybe more than 500 calories but not too bad given the circumstances.

2nd post

@russetfox so happy to hear about Woofit

@fiftyandfabulous and @shelliz congratulations on reaching your goal

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -NFD

Sticking with traditional 5:2 this week as like @annemarilyn there is a danger of fasting fatigue. Good FD yesterday, definite downward slope on the old daily weigh-in, and I am tightening up with all the stretches and ab work (unfortunately sciatica still niggling so working hard to strengthen those glutes).

@ciren2 Sorry, I know you were in pain with job related trip hazards, but your description of head butting a hanging basket had me spluttering my coffee 😄 Hope your leg feels better.

@rabette and @ccco….thank you, yes, this van of ours is going to be awesome. Exciting times ahead. I think we both now are planning to do contract work, and in a while, not sure when, rent out our house and go travelling for maybe a year or more. Who knows? Tentative plans but exciting. We sure don’t want the camper to be a two weeks in the summer job 🚐 Stick the motorcycle on the back, and off we go..

Oh and @flourbaby….mmmm, I would rather like to become a lady of leisure, my garden needs me ha ha. Might need to work a bit on DH 😊 Hope you feel better today.

Thanks all for your comments re Dads homecoming, @gretta, @ciren2, @betsylee,

It’s so great. He is tired of course, and learning to get about on crutches at home is hard on his knees but he is in great form. The Health Service Home Care people are meeting him today so hopefully we can get somebody in to assist him, do little chores etc. Anyway let’s see.

Have a great Tuesday.

Another awful day weather wise. Spring, come back! We have blossoms everywhere but horrible grey sky and wind and rain…and cold. No wonder so many of you are feeling unwell, it’s bonkers weather.

Day 16, Emden Germany, FD

I have to get my weight down, seem to be stuck at 59 kg. Feeling good, not hungry, so don’t expect any problems fasting today. I try to stick to ~500 cals, if hungry perhaps a bit more, no LFD or WFD.

@betsylee you will get there, just go on!
    @ciren2 you do have a dangerous job, so many obstacles. Hope your leg is well again.

Pocket list day 16

@snowflake56 3rd of B2B2B2B2B2B2B
    @biddiev B2B

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 16 – Japan – NFD

29 water fasts done, but I did feel some hunger last night!

Day 16 -Ireland -FD

Terribly upset to see Notre Dame burning last night..France has had such a tough few years … 💕

Had a mad moment this morning and have booked a very challenging week long cycling trip later in the year so will have to up my training… very exciting though 😬

FD yesterday went OK.. I struggled through but going for another FD today as I am out for dinner on my usual Wednesday FD…

Pocket list day 16
    @biddiev B2B
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 16- Atlanta, Ga.- USA- FD

Doing a B2B FD today. I crept a little bit up on the scale at the end of last month and I’m determined not to let that happen again. Got in a good workout this a.m. Hadn’t worked out in over a week and a half. I notice that when I stick to a routine I feel better inside and out. Hope everyone had a good Monday. Here’s to Tuesday! Make it a great one guys!

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

Travelling today to Utah for DD’s birthday Saturday and Easter Sunday. Will do my best to control all my eating.

Onward and downward.

Day 16, VA, USA, LFD – 2nd of 5xB2B

Sunny today! Feeling good, making sure to get my salt. I emphasize it, b/c apparently it is very important while fasting. I’m doing my research and keeping check with my body. I do like the fasting tho it feels freeing. I even still manage to prepare and make dinner for my SO – they must wash the dishes tho. I thought that would be more challenging but it seems so far to just be meditative. My SO is a mess chopping veggies, and right now we are abundant, I know that if I don’t chop them, they will ignore the beautiful veggies. I can not ignore them, they are wonderful! I mean purple cauliflower how can you not just adore that!!!

I’ll check in a bit later – Cheers!

Pocket list day 16
    @biddiev B2B
    @jaifaim
    @rabbette 2nd of 5B2B

Day 16 Melb Aust second post (11:50 p.m.)

CD went okay today. A bit over, but did stacks of walking and other exercise, so my TDEE was much higher than usual, as well (according to Fitbit), and I kept about 800 cals below that. Back to a FD800 tomorrow.

Is anyone else finding the Easter temptations become stronger as we get closer to Easter? I bought a packet of 6 hot cross buns today – didn’t intend to buy any more (after a splurge a few weeks ago). Anyway, once I got them home, I immediately divided the 6 into 3 lots, and 2 lots have gone straight into the freezer, to be eaten on future NFDs, so I think I dealt with that reasonably. Have managed to NOT buy any Easter eggs.

@ciren2, watch those metal bits and flying (hanging) baskets. They surely fly when you hit them with your hopefully hard head!

@songbirdme, good luck with 5:2 while in Utah.

@jaifaim, yes, also very saddened to see such a loss of history with the Notre Dame fire. Seems like many precious artifacts were rescued by firefighters, and they’re talking of a countrywide appeal for funds to rebuild. It will take years. I remember being in the Cathedral many years ago, and standing looking at the memorial for Joan D’ Arc. Happy training for your cycling event!!!

@snowflake56, just persevere, and eventually that wretched plateau will shift. Don’t let it throw you off your weight loss journey like I did a month ago. And my plateau has finally shifted from my B2B2B2CD last week, for which I am very relieved and thankful.

@rafiki44, I wish you well over the next week and a half with keeping your eating under control while working and on vacation

@gretta, I know I shouldn’t ask, but ….what ice-cream is as luscious as you describe, and only 320 cals? I still occasionally buy a 450-500 ml tub of ice-cream and polish off the lot on a NFD, around 870 cals. 320 cals would do much less damage.

Keep on keeping on every one!

Day 16: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Cold, grey and damp day on the deliveries earler today. I’ve recovered from my knee-capping in the corner of the plant container. Each time I go there I am now VERY careful! As you say, @daffodil2010….where’s spring? Come back, PLEASE!
    @jaifaim: I too find it very emotional to see that beautiful and ancient cathedral of Notre Dame engulfed in flames to the point of destruction. All that history, just….gone. So sad for the French people.
    @arelkade: Now’s the time to GET ON WITH IT! (Don’t be like me, always off the wagon).
    @fiftyandfabulous: Isn’t is just fantastic to be a healthy weight again? Maybe your OH is faintly jealous, perhaps a little overweight himself? Give him the reassurance he needs, you still love him just as much as before, and you won’t get skinny, just healthy.
    @matpi: Sounds as if your body is on strike because you’ve been doing too much, eh? Whenever I have a sports massage or acupuncture (for my arthritic aches and pains) I usually feel worse the next day….but then better. However, I try to have those treatments regularly because I too overdo it a lot at work.
    @snowflake56: I wish, at the moment, I was 59kg….but it’s more like 63+ for me. At least you can fast, so all good. My aim (currently) is to not eat after mid-afternoon. Sometimes I succeed!
    @dykask: the champion of water fasts…no. 29 done and dusted!
    @songbirdme: have a great time with your daughter this Easter.

Have a good day, team, wherever you are xx Smile.

USA Day 16 FD

Another FD today on the 5:2 plan (not a water fast). Quick jump in here to add myself to the list.

Pocket list day 16
    @biddiev B2B
    @jaifaim
    @rabbette 2nd of 5B2B
    @ccco

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 16UK NFD

Still taking baby steps think i’ve definitely got the Monday fast sorted Wednesday a bit trickier but getting there, had a good read up and got some great tips to help me approach the weekend better

Great news about your Dad @daffodil2010

Very sad watching Notre Dame😢

Day 16 UK FD!

Yesterday was good enough OMAD FD – defrosted a vegan chilli with coconut cheese and peas, clementines and two dark chocolate vegan truffles… Also 2 black coffees, ginger tea, hot vegemite and 3.5 litres fizzy water!!

Went for another early bath/v early night and got another successful 10.5hrs sleep, fewer breaks than the night before. I feel as tho I’m medicating myself with water & sleep – but it seems to be working, gently.

Inspired by the fact I forgot to eat thus far today bc busy, and @rabbette @snowflake @annemarilyn @biddiev putting in their B2Bs here… now thinking I might fast Holy Week. OMAD, mix of 500 & 800s, responding to body and going with the flow. It’s a good way of marking the week esp as I don’t feel well enough to get to church as much as previous years… a gentler week with more time to reflect is just what I needed.

Today has been about chores, a bit of planning and a mass of catching up with email. Good & interesting (tho long!) skype meeting this afternoon Wonderful to share ideas and learning from experience re putting on an education/ training event… always lovely to be told you’ve made someone’s day! One more email & type up my project list, then supper, bath and early bed again. I’m so delighted that i don’t have any meetings now until middle of next week – but plenty to fit in ahead of Easter!

Must give some thought to supper soon… not quite sure what I’ll have bc hadn’t planned on FD, but perhaps vegan sausages, left over baked sweet potato and a heap of steamed green veggies. I seem to crave spicy or umami tastes when fasting…

@gretta @betsylee Thank you… I’m parking it until I’ve recovered from the emotional effects then I’ll write a better letter
    @gretta hope your hip continues down the recovery road
    @betsylee Congratulations on shifting off your plateau!
    @fiftyandfabulous my DD keeps saying I’m really skinny… She’s UK 6-8 with a 23″ waist! I think she means i’m smaller than the Me image she carries around as mental picture. Which means smaller than the last 10 years. I’m still bigger & differently shaped than I was prior to 2008…
    @therealwil78 hope you feel better!
    @rabette ginger tea – by the litre – and sleep!
    @flourbaby hope you are feeling better today – go gently xx
    @arelkade lovely to hear from you x
    @shelliz a F500 that falls over into less than 800 is still a FD!
    @matpi hope you slept well and woke better after your deep tissue treatment
    @daffodil2010 contract work and travelling sound like a fabulous way to segue into travel… and a life of leisure! Delighted your dad is settling back home tho it’s always exhausting getting home and realising how much more effort it takes to do things there than in hospital, especially after significant mobility changes. Hope he is able to go gently – and good meeting with the home assistance team xx
    @jaifaim v sad re Notre Dame also 🙁 Fab re cycling trip – where are you going?

Pocket list day 16
    @biddiev B2B
    @jaifaim
    @rabbette 2nd of 5B2B
    @therealwil78
    @ccco
    @michelinme 2nd of B2B

Day 16 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Decided to continue into another FD so it is a B2B. Depending on how I feel, I may add tomorrow as well. Then definitely breaking to enjoy a lunch with a friend. Sipping on some green/mint tea and doing well. So if I repeat yesterday’s pattern, it’ll be water only for 24 hours but may have some bone broth in the evening.

@jaifaim – I agree it was rough seeing Notre Dame burning yesterday. One thing I loved was the people coming out and singing Ave Maria in the street.

@daffodil2010 – Is there hope that your dad will be able to walk unassisted overtime?

@therealwil78 – hope you have a great FD

@songbirdme – enjoy the celebrations in Utah. You have done so well in your maintenance even with your frequent family travel. I’m still needing to not let my travels derail me; still a work in progress for me.

@ciren2 – when you say you try not to eat after 2:30 most of the time, you are doing what I’ve seen called eTR – early time restricted eating because you’re making your eating window early in the day instead of later. I bet you’re at least doing a 16:8 which is a form of IF (Intermittent Fasting) according to some. Thomas DeLauer is a real proponent of Keto and this definition of IF. He’s got lots of YouTube videos…

Together we can do this!

2nd post. Forgot to add myself to the pocket list 🙂

Pocket list day 16
    @biddiev B2B
    @jaifaim
    @rabbette 2nd of 5B2B
    @therealwil78
    @ccco
    @michelinme 2nd of B2B
    @annemarilyn

USA Day 16 NFD
    second post

I changed my FD into a NFD because I realized I had so many FD of every sort recently and I don’t want my body to become accustomed to so little food. I need to jig it up a bit periodically, so this week will be a traditional 5:2. I will fast tomorrow again.
    Hope everyone had a successful day today whatever you were doing!

Day 17, Japan, FD

DH decided to celebrate my birthday yesterday instead of today because he knew I’m having a FD today, which was sweet, sweet as huge pancakes with cheese cream and strawberry rhubarb sauce AT NIGHT! And I had TWO of them! 😛
    The scale has not been kind to me recently, mainly because I’m been too kind to my temptation…There’s business dinner tomorrow so I’m desperate to have a FD today, hopefully a LFD. I have never done a LFD before but I’ve got chicken broth, black tea, black coffee in the cupboard so fingers crossed.

Pocket list day 17
    @shelliz

Day 16 Ohio, US — NFD (70 bites)

The NFD went well. The deep tissue work (formally it’s called integrative diagnostic chiropractic) is for a chronic pain I’ve had in my left shoulder and arm, probably due to repetitive use over an extended period of time. Today was mostly a re-tooling day after the treatment yesterday. I hardly got any work done at the office, people kept dropping in — probably twice as many as is usual. So I hope to get up early tomorrow and get everything done that needs to be in place for the day.

@shelliz Happy Birthday! Hope your LFD goes swimmingly! 🙂

Wednesday is always a good day to be on the look-out for something beautiful as we go through the day. That helps to increase inner beauty which radiates outward to everyone we meet.

Enjoy the day!

Day 16 – USA – FD

@shelliz, happy birthday!

Day 17 – Melbourne AUS – FD

Good HIIT session this morning, and ready to knock over this FD. Not super busy at work as I’ve just got two days left before moving to a new role, so that will be the struggle.

And off the back of @jaifaim ‘s sporting goal, I’ve signed up for a 10km run in July, not a super challenging distance, but aiming to beat last years PB of 56m10s. Have done very little running recently, so hopefully that gives me the encouragement I need to hit the pavement!!

@jaifaim great exercise goal! Good luck with the training. Very sad about the Notre Dame.
    @rabbette great reminder about the salt intake, I’ve had terrible brain fog and nausea for the past couple of days and I think it may be lack of salt. Had some salt with some followed by some water about 10min ago and feeling better already.
    @betsylee there are a few brands of lower cal icecream, I like the Halo Top (salted caramel is my favourite!) but tried another brand from Coles, maybe blue ribbon? Tried the chocolate, had a bit of an after taste, it’s not quite the same, but definitely better than nothing! And less damage than the real thing!
    @shelliz happy birthday! The pancakes sound delicious (I can attest that the Japanese know how to do damn good fluffy pancakes!!)

Pocket list day 17
    @shelliz
    @gretta

Day 17, Emden Germany, FD

3rd day of fasting went fine so not reason to stop fasting. Made beef broth yesterday so I should be fine, was craving home made bread this morning so had one buttered slice with a soft boiled egg, it tasted delicious.

@dingping, @at, @shinything, @beedoo and others missing here, I hope you’re all fine and just busy and enjoying life.
    @jaifaim and @gretta great goals!
    @therealwil78 hope you had a good FD yesterday!
    @betsylee I’m in maintenance but sometimes I totally derail. Had a few very unhealthy eating days at the beginning of the month, it’s hard to resist all those sweet temptations somtimes.
    @ciren2 do you have a diary from the time you were losing weight? Did you eat different things then?
    @shelliz Happy Birthday!

Pocket list day 17
    @shelliz
    @gretta
    @snowflake56 4th of B2B2B2B2B2B2B

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Super super super busy day in work yesterday so really enjoyed my NFD evening meal with a glass or two of wine and rewarded with no adverse reaction on the scales. FD today.

Going to drop over to Dad after work, bringing him a new pair of crutches to see if they are better for his knees. The knees are giving him terrible trouble since he got home 😱 We have a home help coming in for an hour every day, she will make him breakfast, tidy up, make his bed and run little errands…so that’s fantastic boost from the health service. Now we await the public health nurse who will hopefully provide orthopaedic chair etc. All the things that have to be changed due to mobility 😔

@annemarilyn, knowing my Dad, he will be walking unassisted one day. Please God. He is a very determined man and plans to be back driving his car this summer! Now, it is a little automatic car (stick shift would be a no-no), but I really think he will do it.

Happy birthday @shelliz

@ccco Turning an FD into an NFD because of fast fatigue was exactly what I did yesterday too. Hope it turned out well for you too.

Right, got to go, another crazy day beckons as lots of people off for Easter break and those of us remaining have to do at least double the work.

Pocket list Day 17 Together we are stronger
    @shelliz
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010

Ooops, I am a time traveller….of course it’s

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Day 17 UK FD?cd?

Yesterday went a little over but good enough. Getting better at drinking more water again.

Found out yesterday that this exhaustion, strange headache, weirdly dizzy and weak feeling I’ve had since Sunday is a virus.Several FB friends been feeling the same, also been sleeping 12 hrs etc. Somehow that makes me feel better!

Late start, heading for yoga and meditation then desk day, trying to make a dent in the pile. Will decide later if well enough to get to lent course in town.

@shelliz happy birthday!

Day 17 UK FD

Day 17- Atlanta, Ga.- USA- FD

@snowflake56, I actually didnt get to make yesterday a FD. 🙁 I totally forgot it was Tuesday date night with the OH. Went to taco tuesday’s at a local Mexican spot. I did stay within my TDEE though. Will defintely make up for it today. Had an awesome workout this morning too. I’m feeeling like my old self. Have an awesome day everyone!

Day 17- Ireland – NFD

Good FD yesterday.

@annemarilyn I watched the video of the group singing a good few times… a beautiful moment at such a sad time…I love the French version 💕
    @michelinme I have signed up to cycle fro Marrakech through the Atlas Mountains… I’m hoping they are not too hilly 😂😬😂 it will be challenging but it gives me some focus for this year.. actually lots of focus as I’ve cycled good distances and have done a lot of one-day events but have never done consecutive long days in the saddle… I’m sure I’ll be stressed about it nearer the time but for the moment it’s something really exciting to work towards.
    I’m feeling like you at the moment -a bit wiped but I’m susceptible to viruses so think it could be that… or else just bad food choices or work… it’s so hard to identify what affects us 🙄
    @gretta good for you! I would not be able to run 1km let alone 10 so huge respect ✊ and good luck with your training!!
    @matpi – love your thoughts on Wednesdays … already spotted a beautiful blue sky out there after days of grey cold skies and will keep an eye out for other beautiful things during the day 👍
    @daffodil2010 it is great to hear that our health service are coming good with care for your dad… all too often here in Ireland we hear how bad things are si great to see that you are getting the assistance you need.

Going to eat sparingly today before meal out tonight.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 17 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Travel day was uneventful – the best kind. DD had lemon chicken, pasta, broccoli & salad for me for a late supper. Did well with that, even a small piece of birthday cake leftover from her husband.

Sending my best to all of you –
    Onward and downward.

USA Day 17 FD

Today will be a genuine 5:2 FD after a brake with a NFD yesterday. My daily writeup show that I should end the day with about 400 calories! I think I need to stay with this routine for awhile!

Happy Birthday, Shelliz!

Adding myself to the pocket list:

@shelliz
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @ccco

Have a happy fasting day today fellow fasters! To everyone else, have a gray day! 🙂

Day 17 Melb Aust. FD800 (11:55 p.m.)

Managed a good FD800 today; in fact it was an OMAD as well. Looking back to the struggles I had through December and January with FDs, TRE, etc., there’s really been a change to it all being generally much easier now. Occasional challenging days, when I need to be gentle with myself, and occasional falling-into-temptation days, but overall much better. I’m only 1/3rd of the way to my goal, so I’m a bit concerned about what might happen further down the track, but for now …. A-okay.

@daffodil2010, good that your Dad is getting some of the help he needs through the health service.

@shelliz – happy birthday!

@michelinme, hope you feel better soon

@gretta, thanks for that info. Actually, I think I may have tried the Moo Ice-cream, and didn’t like the flavour I tried very much. I’ll try the salted caramel.

Pocket list day 17
    @shelliz
    @gretta
    @betsylee

Day 17, Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Busy Wednesday at work, as usual. Plenty of parcels too, but the weather has been kind.It is a shorter week for most because of Good Friday, but in my case, Friday was my day off anyway this week! I will get a day in lieu though…..sometime. Hope you are all doing well today, wherever you may be.

@shelliz: Happy Birthday.
    @annemarilyn: I must have a look at those vidoes that you mentioned by Thomas De Lauer. If I can stop eating mid-afternoon, I’m grateful….but I often can’t, and it’s certainly not keto!!
    @snowflake56: Yes, I do have a food dairy from my successful 5:2 period (2016) and I do refer to it occasionally. I used to eat a boiled egg and toast at about 5pm on a fast day….but I can’t face that any more (yet). I can’t do without my breakfast porridge, and the rest of everything when I come home from work starving. I think I have a few too many stresses in my life at the moment. Not serious ones, but enough to make me want to eat too much. I’m a classic all-or-nothing person.
    @daffodil2010: I hope your dad’s painful knees get sorted out soon.
    @michelinme: Hope you get rid of that virus quickly. The spring weather is coming back, so that should help.
    @jaifaim: WOW, Atlas mountains? That cycle ride sounds awesome! When do you go? Should be good exercise….

Day 17 Wales FD
    Day 16 NFD

@shelliz Happy Birthday. Good luck with your LFD xx

Pocket list day 17
    @shelliz
    @gretta
    @betsylee
    @russetfox

USA Day 17 FD

Somehow I managed to disappear from the pocket list, so I am again adding myself!

Pocket list day 17
    @shelliz
    @gretta
    @betsylee
    @russetfox
    @ccco

Day 17, VA, USA, WFD 3rd of 5xB2B

Today I woke and 1st thing had glass of water with a dash of salt. Then my sweetheart made me an americano, kinda a fancy way to have the marriage of a coffee & espresso. Then for my 8:30am class I was asked to enquire if a couple of students wouldn’t mind staying after class for a photo and to give a blurb about my class. AND instead of just 1 or 2 saying they would, they whole class volunteered to stay and take a photo as well as giving positive feedback and remarks on my class. One of my favorite remarks was that “This is not just a class, it is an experience.”

What a positive way to start a fasting day. I also noticed that today my body has already transitioned into the heightened state (last week it was the 4th day of the fast.) The heightened state feels Fan-Freakin-Tastic! As if I’m lighter and that I’m pleasantly not hungry. Unlike the first two days where I find that I might rely more on gum or even switch to broth like I did the second day of this fast.

I need to get back into my hoop! I didn’t do it yesterday, I felt a tad bit slower AND I also taught 4 classes, which does not help in having my own time/energy for things I would like to do.

@daffodil2010 I could see where fasting fatigue would set in and will most likely return to 4:3 next week. The van project is soooooo cool. Take pictures through your process if you haven’t already.

@snowflake56 ok so that part that I wrote earlier about not being hungry…. Slice of homemade bread with butter and soft-boiled egg! Yes! This may be what I have Saturday when I break my fast. Got to learn how to make homemade bread tho.

@jaifaim the cycling trip sounds exciting, where is this scheduled to be?

@songbirdme oh I love traveling through Utah between the beautiful bright reddish-orange rock faces, to the salt flats. I consider it one of my favorites as my sweetheart and I drive cross country.

@betsylee I had to look up what exactly hot crossed buns are and why they are more prevalent this time of year. After reading that they have currants in them, I realized why I have never indulged myself, I’m not a fan of cooked currants/raisins. It seems they may not be quite as traditional without them. Good job on dividing the 6 into 3 lots. Thats an excellent way to not go crazy all at once!

@gretta oh my gosh I want to share the tub of ice-cream and nuts with you… mmmmm that sounds good even when I’m not really hungry. I best put my blinders on in the store and walk right by that section! Good for you and the running bit staying focused for an upcoming run can be a good way to channel your energy to keep a good running rhythm.

@ciren2 hopefully spring shows up soon for you guys. Funny thing about oatmeal or porridge both my SO and I cannot have that for breakfast or it makes us extremely hungry for the rest of the day. (There is some info out there that supports reasons as to why this happens to some people.

@annemarilyn the mint tea sounds lovely.

@shelliz ooooo HaPpY BiRthDaY! I really love LFDs they might just be my favorite kind of FD

@matpi hope you are feeling good and more mobil from the deep tissue work

Pocket list day 17
    @shelliz
    @gretta
    @betsylee
    @russetfox
    @ccco
    @rabbette 3rd of 5xB2B

Day 17 Bristol, UK FD

I’ve been so busy the last while that I haven’t been able to come on here and post or even read the other posts. So I’ve just finished a lengthy reading session and I’m afraid my post will also be rather lengthy!

Thank you for all your kind congratulations… I do feel great although I still have a long way to go. But it’s wonderful to be able to fit into lots of clothes again.

@russetfox – I’m so glad that Shay seems to be doing okay. My Elsie and Doris send their licks and nibbles to him 🙂

@fiftyandfabulous – many congratulations on hitting your goal weight! That’s excellent news.

@betsylee – and congratulations to you on all your weightless – you’ve worked hard and should feel proud.

@daffodil2010. I’m glad your Dad is home and happy – great news, hope his knees feel better soon. I’m also very interested to hear about your camper van conversion. My ex has a converted VW T4 and we spent some wonderful times away – it’s wonderful to have the freedom to wild camp and go and park where you like (moreorless) – so amazing to wake up with the sea stretched out in front of you, or parked on the top of a mountain! I’m saving up for one for myself, but as I don’t fancy a big van and it will just be for me and my two small dogs, I’m very tempted by a converted Fiat Doblo… they’re small but will have all I need (will definitely have to have a roof extension though!).

@jaifaim – wow! That’s truly a monumental bike ride! Looking forward to hearing all about it.

@shelliz – Happy Birthday! Hope you’re having a fabulous day and that you have a wonderful year ahead.

Pocket list day 17
    @shelliz
    @gretta
    @betsylee
    @russetfox
    @ccco
    @rabbette 3rd of 5xB2B
    @stephsie

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 741 total)

You must be logged in to reply.