April 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 740 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 41 posts - 701 through 741 (of 741 total)

• Day 30 – Japan – WFD (2nd BtoB)

I’m 43 hours into my fast and feeling good. I’m going to continue, maybe another day maybe two. I’ll stop when it feels like I should. It has been a long time since I did a multiple day fast. Next month I’ll miss some fasts because of travel. I might skip a meal or two, but on the road for business I don’t push fasting.

This morning my blood glucose is 87 gm/dl which is low for me in the morning. One of the main reasons that I still fast is trying to keep my blood glucose under control.

Pretty impressive list of people fasting!

Pocket list Day 29
    @dykask WFD
    @gretta
    @snowflake56
    @stephsie
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle
    @russetfox
    @betsylee
    @missybear
    @at
    @michelinme
    @ccco
    @rabbette
    @jaifaim
    @therealwil78
    @basyjames
    @aglowworm
    @annemarilyn

@basyjames — oh wow… this news is so devastating even among us who just know you virtually. Attempting suicide is such an awful situation, but as you said, you’re grateful she did not succeed and is grateful for that. My DH is bipolar, and when he was a pastor spoke at several funerals of suicide victims. He always tended more toward the manic side (and that has caused major problems) of the spectrum himself, but understood the depression too. Getting her on the right meds and making sure she takes them is your next hurdle, IMHO.

Sending you so many hugs and prayers.

Day 29. California. FD but more of a CD

I’ve been a little out of the loop as I’ve had family here for 3 weeks plus some other stuff. Not sure how well I will end this month although I have tried.

@basyjames I’m happy that you still have your daughter with you and I hope you are able to help her get well.

Day 29 Ohio, US — FD (#78)

The FD went well and I’ve made it through day 1 of super stress week. Time for the end of the month accounting. I started the month off at 172 lb (78 kg) and am ending it off (as of last Saturday) at 169.5 lb (76.9 kg). The last time I spent a month below 172 was in 2013 when I was on Phase 2 of the Dukan diet. As long as I stayed on the restrictive phase of the diet I could keep my weight below that level, but as soon as I went to the Maintenance Phase, the weight increased quickly and I couldn’t get myself to go back onto the restrictive phase. I’m now 1.5 lb (.7 kg) away from my goal of 167 lb. My hope is that will be achieved in May.

So how has the bite-counting experiment been going? First off, I’ve learned a great deal about my eating patterns. Second, usually during the month of April through the first weeks of May, I gain between 5-12 lbs from stress-induced eating. I credit the bite-counting with actually helping me to lose weight during this time. When I felt it necessary, I did indulge in some comfort food, but, with the exception of one evening, have managed to keep the indulgence under control by keeping with my bite count limits.

When I compare what’s happened with bite-counting vs my experience with the Dukan diet, I see with the Dukan diet I had to be very restrictive to lose weight, whereas with bite-counting no food is off limits. I am beginning to think that what you need to do to achieve your weight loss goals is not all that different from the WOL you need to maintain your loss. So that’s why in the long run, I didn’t do well with the restrictive diet and why I feel that the 5:2 WOL is quite sustainable in the long haul. Well, time will tell, so I’m going to continue with the bite-counting experiment for another month to see what will happen.

Sorry for the long ramble and now am going to crash for the day.
    Keep up the good work with the fasting!!

Day 30 – Melbourne Aus – NFD

Kitchen closed at 560 cal which I’m happy with. Weight was up this morning but I’ve had lots of salty food, plus some food in transit, so will do the final April, start May weight in tomorrow morning.

Sounds like lots of us here have gotten back on the wagon after Easter which is great.

April recap: I doubt I’ll hit my weight goal for the month, but I’m happy with the other changes I’ve made (including managing to not completely binge on Easter chocolate – I reckon that’s a first!!! – one year I ate soo much toblerone that I was put off it for almost a year….eeek). Have also managed to keep sugar free 4-5 days per week, and will continue that effort.

@michelinme I love doing fun runs – sometimes forget the carnage it causes road users, especially the long courses that blocks the city off for hours!!
    @aglowworm I think I’ll be starting May a similar weight to April, but at least it’s not a gain, and in my books that’s a positive. I’m a huge sweet tooth, so Easter (and in my case birthday) is usually a minefield which often causes a weight gain. Think about all of the non-weight related steps you’ve made in the right direction.And remember – If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now!!
    @songbirdme I love slaw, will need to try it with your dressing. Have avoided it for years because of the mayo – I’ve recently been making it with greek yoghurt, lemon, Dijon and some chili sauce (because I like things hot!!) and it really hits the spot!!
    @basyjames that’s terrible news, so sorry to hear your daughter is struggling. It’s truly a terrible disease. Hope things get better for your daughter, and take care of yourself at this time – more important things than the scales!
    @bluesqueak maybe do a day or two of weighing and tracking everything you eat on a NFD to re-calibrate? Even the chocolate crumbs!! Lol. I often find I’m consuming much more than I think when my weight is not heading in the right direction.

Hope to see everyone for the May challenge!

Day 30 – 2nd post

@matpi – bite counting? That sounds like too much work! I’m glad it is working for you.

I’m almost 50 hours into my fast. I was light headed a few hours ago but put in an easy 6k. (4 miles for the metric challenged.) It had to be easy because there are throngs of people out and about because of the emperors abdication. I live in central Tokyo and can’t avoid it too some extent. Oh the run helped, probably pushed more glucose into my blood.

This is a hard period because ketones are ramping up but it is much harder for the liver to produce glucose. As ketones increase the need for glucose decreases as much of the body can use ketones for fuel. On the other hand my metabolism seems to be increasing as I’m feeling warmer. Feeling code is often an issue for me with the 36 hour fasts.

I don’t know how far I’ll carry on with this fast. I’ll do it as long as I feel fine I guess or until I miss food too much.

Day 30 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    2nd B2B

I suspect there will be a few of us on board the FD wagon today. One final push for April!!

Funny though, although a good FD yesterday, and weighing less after work than I did in the morning, I had gained! I did have chicken bone broth for dinner….maybe too much salt? Anyway, going to push to reach Aprils goal of minus 4lbs….but won’t beat myself up over that if I don’t.

I started back on level 1 of the 30 day shred. Glad I did as although I have been doing daily stretching yoga moves for glutes and back, my knees were feeling a bit wobbly. As I get older parts of me creak more than I thought. I will do a gentle 30DS (if there is such a thing) and hopefully see a slimmer waist by my 52nd birthday on the 6th June 😄

@matpi I too am a Dukan veteran and lost 50lbs in 2013. Managed to maintain right through for a year but slowly 30lbs crept back. Yes it was too restrictive…..I still won’t eat much fruit because of it. This WOL is infinitely better and more sustainable to achieve.

@basyjames So shocked to read your post. Prayers that all will be ok.

Pocket list day 30 – together we are stronger
    @daffodil2010

Day 30: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Well it’s the last day of the April Challenge. Personally, I have done NO fast-days and my weight is around 2 pounds UP! However it’s within my usual maintenance range (actually about 10 kg higher than it should be, of course)…maybe I’ll get back on the wagon during May, when my stress-levels come down. We are still having endless problems with the sale of our rental flat in Southampton, but (I hope, pray and wish) it will complete very soon. The other stress right now is DH’s back operation. The wound is still leaking, five days on, and he’s fed up with not being able to do anything….as I am for having to do everything! We asked to see someone at the hospital this afternoon, to check his wound.

Day 30, Emden Germany, FD

I’m glad this month is almost over, it has been a hard month for a lot of us. So many of us, or dear family members, had mental or physical problems. We also seem to have lost many of the “oldies”, I hope they are fine. We can just hope next month will be a better one.

@basyjames what a shock it must have been for you all and how grateful you all must be your daughter is still with you. I hope she gets all the help she needs. Hugs and take care!

@ciren2 good idea to let it check at the hospital.

@aglowworm I also had an unsuccesful month and gained ~2 or 3 kg. After 2 years of doing this, I’ve lost my motivation for this WOL, I think I restrict myself too much. I also ask myself why I want to be thinner. I’ll give it another month so we can try to do better together next month.

Pocket list day 30 – together we are stronger
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 30 UK NFD

Weight the same as the beginning of the month ! A lot of yo yoing though so just need to buckle down in May – Thanks all its been a bumpy ride ,some of the posts really make you think and get things in perspective x

Day 30 – Ireland – FD

Early start to a very busy day for me and tried to post at 7 am but was blocked… it made me wonder what would happen if we were blocked and could never get back on 😱 Panic!!

Hope you all have a good last day of April and see you tomorrow for a brand new start to May 👍

Pocket list for today:
    @dykask – wfd 2b2b
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 30 Canton OH FD

I just want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your thoughts, prayers and encouraging words. I have been so grateful for this forum from the start and I am so thankful for you all. Mental illness is still such a poorly understood issue and being able to share the burden of my heart without fear of judgement means more than I can ever express. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I was able to stay under 500 calories yesterday, and I plan to do so as well today. I will weigh in tomorrow morning to get a sense of what I need to do to get back on track.

@snowflake56 you may be right with the excessive restrictions causing a loss of motivation. Maybe change it up and find joy in eating some items you have been restricting from your diet; or reduce the number of B2B fasts.
    @Ciren my prayers for Oh and yourself. It’s not easy to nurse a loved one back to health, like @snowflake said – good idea to get it checked out and make sure there is nothing wrong.

@jaifam thank you for taking the reins in May.

Enjoy the little things and hold your loved ones close, I have been reminded about just how fleeting life can be; the daily grind of our routines causes us to take so much for granted. Take the time to celebrate your successes, I promise you that the rest will come. My best to you all – I will see you on the other side.

Pocket list for today:
    @dykask – wfd 2b2b
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim

Day 30
    Florida
    NFD Well, I waited the last day to weigh in for April. Didn’t make my goal but didn’t gain. So, guess that is good. Will keep on trucking.
    Have a great day.

Day 30 USA (Illinois) NFD

Doing fine. Maintenance might be harder than I thought it would be, but certainly can be done. Another month gone. Hugs to you all.

Onward and downward.

Day 30- Atlanta, Ga. – USA FD?

@basyjames I totally understand first-hand what you are going thruough. I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 several years ago. After dealing for most of my adolescent and young adult life with depression and sometimes mania, I finally got the help I so depsereately needed. It took a while to find the right combination of meds for me at first. And recently I had my first bought with major depression, anxiety, and mania all at the same time. My doc. increased my meds and in a few days, I was back to my old self again. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts.

USA Day 30 FD

Pocket list for today:
    @dykask – wfd 2b2b
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @ccco

Weighed myself this morning! Something I never do on Tuesday. The verdict, I gained, so not meeting this month’s goal. After dining out on Sunday night, I figured I might have gained something. Sometimes it’s so frustrating! But there is always May coming up!!

In any case, I carefully measured out a salad and will gradually eat it all day. I plan to do this all week. Surely, something will happen!

Have a gray day, everyone! I am off to play golf…the new season has begun! 🙂

day 30 – 3rd post

I surprised, my blood glucose is down to 70 mg/dl (3.9 mmol/l), I’m still less than 50 hours into this fast. It has been awhile since I’ve done a multiple day fast and I guess my adaption is better. I only feel slightly light-headed. Most likely my ketone production isn’t as high as it needs to be. I typically don’t push ketosis.

Day 30 London UK NFD

A non fast day to finish. Looking at the spreadsheet, while I’m 0.2 lbs shy of my target 🙂 I’ve lost 5lbs (2.6 kg) and my hips, bust and neck are all smaller than they were at the beginning of the month.

So I’m going to count that as a win. 😀

@gretta
    I’m not sure it’s the food, because I’m still largely using planned meals, or snack packets that have the calories on them (Healthy snacks – fruit and nuts), or weighing the chocolate. What I have noticed is that I aimed to exercise every other day, and while I’ve been going on daily walks, I fell off the wagon when it came to doing the RCAF exercises. I wonder if it’s that which is the tipping point – I’m eating up to my TDEE but not exercising enough.

@basyjames – the right meds can make a real difference. Remember to look after yourself as well as your DD.

Day 30 UK CD

Surprisingly managed yesterday’s FD, made some good choices and avoided late night temptation. Slept for 10 hrs, woke feeling rougher 🙁 think this might be a virus – again!

Made space for gentle yoga stretches and short meditation. Had lovely carrot & ginger soup with avocado & tomato salad, shared the final piece of this weekend’s oat/nut/seed bread with the last of the home-made jam. Supper will be something with cauliflower and green beans, followed by baked pears & ginger- clearly today is a mostly veg day 🙂

I’ll weigh myself tomorrow for info but my official weigh-days are Fridays, so that’s the only one worth keeping tabs on. I think this month has been pretty good – successfully vegan, gf & low-carb; I’ve not gone overboard with chocolate and had a couple of EFS days but nothing too unhelpful. More clothes are bigger, have let a few more go… Onwards!

Back to ploughing on with listing & prioritising the huge mass of project work, while keeping up with emails. Keep reminding myself that this is helpful planning – it’s not meant to overwhelm me – and will pay dividends over the next couple of months. Just not helped by so many deadlines at the same time ie NOW / next week! I’m working on the basis that it will feel better when it’s done, and trying not to let myself get anxious. Perspective, balance & good self care….

@ciren2 hope you get on at hospital with DH this afternoon. Thank you SO much for hosting this month – you’ve made it seem almost effortless xx

@basyjames so sorry to hear about your DD. My heart goes out to you both xxxx

hello, all. Last day of April challenge.
    i did not participate in the challange as much as i planned.
    the good things happened this month:
    – april was 100% vegetarian for me
    – only 2 jin martini nothing else, i had martini when went to jazz clubs
    – i took advantage of traveling and fast those days (4)
    – great communication from all, i enjoyed getting to know everyone by reading the posts

i plan to continue in May and get more disciplined and consistent
    many thanks to all, see you in May

Got to the hospital this afternoon for DH to have his wound checked. They didn’t seem too concerned, gave us extra dressings and an appointment to come back again on Friday. trouble is I’m back at work by then, so have to fit it in afterwards. Just mowed the lawn…my back is now thoroughly riled up! Must appreciate Hubby more for all he normally does!
    Well, April is almost over, I found looking after you all quite a treat. You’ve all been very good xx
    @gretta: Staying sugar-free 4-5 days a week is impressive, well done. I can’t stay sugar-free for more than a few hours….ha…ha!
    @dykask: You continue to take first prize for (extended) water-fasting.
    @daffodil2010: Good luck with the 30-day shred….I’m not sure what that is, actually, but hey, sounds tough.
    @jaifaim: You were blocked? How did that happen? Must have been a glitch of some kind. Still, you got back in the end….we mustn’t lose YOU!!
    @basyjames: Sending more big ((Hugs)) You are in my thoughts. I hope your DD is getting on alright.
    @bluesqueak: You did well this month.
    @michelinme: Get RID of that virus xx

As Alisa253 says….see you all in May!

2nd post

Popping in to stay on track for the final push as tomorrow’s weigh in will be April end and May start. I have been quite hungry today despite litres of water, herbal teas etc and I fear my body trying to trick me into unleashing a dragon or two.

BUT, I am telling myself I can have all I desire tomorrow….hopefully that will see me through the night. Going to have a boiled egg for supper ( I need some protein or I will never sleep) then take stock tomorrow.

Finally, thank you, thank you @ciren2 for your super hosting this month. I really enjoy your postie antics and your tales of life at home, and it’s great to have you trotting alongside the wagon with us. Hopefully in May we can pull you in ☺️ Thanks so much for April.

Onwards now to May.

Day 30 Eastern WA USA – FD of sorts

Keeping the eating window small today and then will begin another fast later this afternoon. I was weak feeling this morning even after some pink salt under tongue and water with lemon and ACV. So decided to break my water fast with a healthy smoothie. I’m planning on making a cauliflower mac n’cheese plus a salad a little later.
    Not sure if I’ll take tomorrow’s scale number as the April number or take the lowest number I saw a little earlier in the month.

@ciren2 – thank you for encouraging us all this month 🙂 I hope your hubby heals up soon; it’ll give you both peace of mind.

@bluesqueak – I think you definitely have several wins this month. Measurement changes are wonderful NSVs.

@michelinme – I hope your body gets to a better place. It’s much easier to manage all your projects if you’re feeling better, I’m sure. Despite your challenges, it sounds like a pretty good month.

Pocket list for Day30: Together we are stronger!

@dykask – wfd 2b2b
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @ccco
    @annemarilyn

Day 30, VA, USA, WFD

Yesterday my WFD turned into a FD as I decided to eat a small meal for supper. At first I felt bad for messing up my WFD.

Then I had a PEP talk with myself (see @agloworm it happens to folks that seem to have this thing on lock down with WFDs… but it happens!) none the less back to the PEP Talk. I paused for a moment to THINK “ Why am I being so dang hard on myself?, You have been doing 4:3 WFD & LFD! And you really think you failed for having a supper b/c you felt hungry????, Nope not gonna let you think that – Heck the initial/orginal rules of this “Game” are 5:2 <500ish cal – You just keep on and see maybe tomorrow you will wake up and do a fast and see how you feel.”
    <end pep talk>

AND today thats what I did, I got up and was like Yeah, I’ll see if today I can do a WFD (no pressure if it changes tho) So far today feels way better for a WFD. Yesterday I felt hungry from the time I got up until I made the supper that my SO and I had. I suppose Yesterday was just a hungry day.

I’d say I was back on the Horse (eeer Bucking Bronco) today dang it.

@aglowworm – see we’re all in this together. “We got you.” As they say here sometimes meaning we got your back. (And now look at ya – an UnPlanned Fast Day – heck yeah!)

@bluesqueak – you too an Unplanned FD jeez there must be something in the water… OR nothing in the water and thats why it taste so clean. Haha *more on that explanation below in the chat with annemarilyn

@annemarilyn – Ya know I finally found MORE info on this insulin spike thing that I could not for the life of me understand at first. I love learning about all these different types/styles of fasting. ((I mean really we just have to find what works for each of us))—- so if you are interested (and again these things have some scientific studies, but really do what works for you).
    ***** a summery ****
    I came across this person studying what they call a “clean fast” which is nothing but WATER or BLACK COFFEE. *essentially a CLEAN-WFD* none the less they studied folks doing fasting who were already doing 0 calories but experienced hunger and they suggested to try and JUST have plain water, plain seltzer and black coffee.

The interesting part – folks who drank PLAIN WATER *even folks who replaced their already 0 calorie flavored seltzers with PLAIN WATER (and/or black coffee if needed/wanted) all commented how they had less hunger on their WFDs! and there was also some interesting “science stuff” but I thought that it was MORE interesting the testimonies these folks were giving about switching and just going CLEAN. (So to speak) – just food for thought, uhhhh pun intended <shrug>

@daffodil2010 – oh my 30 day shred! I’ll have to see what that is, sounds like a little butt whooping. I know all about knees creaking and I’m only 10 years younger, no time like the present. You give me inspiration for this 30 day shred… I’m a little nervous, but I may try and join you if you don’t mind… eeeeeP

@shinything – awe, dementia is so challenging. @annemarilyn that was such good info, thanks for sharing. I also learned some things.

@dykask – Oh boy doing B2B good job.

@matpi – wow, its been super inspiring to read how folks are so in reach of their goal weight. OH MY Gosh – I already told my SO I’ll be scurrying all about with a printed goal weight number pinned to my chest like its a runners number… haha I find your bite count very interesting. I tried counting my chews b/c I wanted to chew longer, but I realized I don’t like the texture of my food when I chew it that long *hench why I seem to swallow it so soon. This bite tho is intriguing – do you only count bites on Fasting Days?

@gretta – Yes keep that chocolate at bay. Mine is crisp (now I eat arugula instead – however sometimes I’m out of fresh arugula – it doesn’t keep as long as crisp do dang it.)

@ciren2 – I’m impressed no fasting days in April and only 2lbs up…. But maybe thats how weight creeps up??? I had not pondered that till now… Well we are waiting for ya in May. I am now a bit concerned about your DH back still leaking? Yet it seems they only gave you extra dressings? Keep a watchful eye. Hope he is feeling better soon.

@snowflake56 – I totally choked on my water reading this remark “Perhaps I should write a manual called “How to derail on a FD!”.” I finally quit buying food for other folks until I know what they really want and how much of it. (Like buying food for my Dad!) b/c then you are soooo right, what do you do with what they don’t want!!! Oh my gosh.

@brightonbelle – Our horse must be quite untamed.

@jaifaim – thanks for hosting us next month! See you in the new thread tomorrow! Wow today is the last day of April… (oh flip I put final numbers in today I suppose – holy crap let me do that.)

@basyjames – thank you for sharing your heart with us, so that we can help support you. I think you may have made me tear up a bit. (Hugs)

@ccco – dang the dragon. Well got to know where to start before you can begin. Here we come MAY!

@bluesqueak – (love the handle BTW) .2lbs shy – AND measurements are smaller – Heck yeah its a win.

@michelinme – clothes are bigger! Yay, some of mine are too!

@alisa253 – see you in May

———————————

Pocket list for day 30!
    @dykask – wfd 2b2b
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim
    @ccco
    @annemarilyn
    @rabbette b2b

———————————

So it seems that the horse we ride has been replaced with a bucking bronco, so saddle up and lets see how long we can stay on this thing for May! Woot Woot <throws non-existent hat off into air>

@ciren2 apparently there was an issue with the spam filter on the site and I got caught in it at the time I was posting…sorted very quickly by tech help thankfully… Makes you wonder though … Where would we be without the forum 😍.
    Thank you so so much for looking after us this month! I have big postie boots 📫 👢 to fill!!! 💞

Day 30, UK, NFD

Yesterday was the last FD of the month, and it went well, but I felt really hungry! I was really glad this morning when I woke up and remembered that I stayed strong haha 😀 . Sometimes its little things like that that help 🙂 .
    Ending a month just slightly lighter than at the beginning, almost plateauing, but I feel like its a success considering that I had a bit of a rough month. It could have been much worse 🙂

@annemarilyn I do feel better since starting this WOL, that’s for sure 🙂 , and don’t be sorry for sharing the details about your mum, I’m grateful to hear other people’s experiences. I too live far from my mum and that is making things harder for me. Its a truly terrible illness 😔

@at thank you xx

@michelinme oh haha I got it wrong than 😆 , and thank you xx

@basyjames I am so sorry to hear about your terrible ordeal 😧, that must have been awful and so stressful. I hope your daughter feels better, as you said, its a good sign that she is happy to be here. It all ended good and you must focus on that 🙂 . What could have been doesn’t matter now. Sending you a virtual hug 🤗 xx

@aglowworm I hope to see you in May, don’t give up! You are not the only one who is struggling, just look at me, back where I started! But we carry on, and try and support each other 🙂

Happy belated birthday @gretta 🎈

@ciren2 thank you so much for being our wonderful hostess this month, caring and encouraging 💐

See you all in May lovely people, lets do this 💪

USA Day 30 FD
    Second Pos

Thank you, Ciren2, for being a wonderful hostess. I can’t believe the month is over already. I hope your DH is well very soon.

My FD today was successful, so onward to May! Have a great evening/night, everyone!

Day 1 (May) – Japan – wrap up

I’m still fasting … I’m 67 hours into this fast. My weight is down 4kg but that is mostly water. I right around 80kg again, where I haven’t been since I was sick last fall. 80kg is a reasonable weight for me. While I’m always working for 75kg, it would likely require losing some lean body mass to hold that.

I’m undecided how much longer to continue this fast.

Day 30 – NZ – NFD
    Its actually the 1st of May here, but to finish off April challenge, will post as if yesterday.

Not a great month for me, up 500g on my starting weight. I’m ok with that as there was a lot on for the month, so maintaining is alright. I am not the best at daily posting (actually probably the worst on the forum!), but usually try to find time to read everyone’s posts. Thank you Ciren2 for hosting April. Will go over to May 2019 and have a better month.

Day 30- ohio nfd

I’m taking a win at ending this month at the same weight as I started this month. I had so many fluctuations with that where this weight ending is a victory. But, I am finding the nonmeasurable being so much more important.
    Con went well. I ended up not eating as much as I should (literally a total of three small meals over the con) due to cooking for everyone else and then wanting to crash and when I was hungry the most, everyone else was asleep or we were in events I didn’t want to leave. We didn’t have too much alcohol this year compared to last year and those in our group were much more laidback while drinking. We did finish all we brought and bought. And on bringing food, I brought a couple packs of indian food, which I only made one, and a miso ramen cup I didn’t make. I am planning on bringing veggies and such that I can store next year so I don’t have to worry about getting hungry. Still learning yearly tricks.
    Thanks for running this this month. I don’t think I would have kept up this month without you guys.

Day 30 Ohio, US NFD(66 bites)

Mega-stress day #2. Am pretty wiped out now, with more stress flowing in like the oil flowing over Aaron’s robes.

@rabbette I’ll have to answer your question tomorrow.

Have a great day, all!

Day 30 Melbourne Aust NFD
    It’s really 1 April, but you know what I mean!

I haven’t weighed myself yet as I know I have gained – fell off the wagon over Easter, managed 1 FD afterwards and then….nothing…. just eating as usual (EAU?, which is not particularly overeating, as in big quantities, but eating bread and eating just a bit over TDEE. But to echo some people above – there is always May!

The only good thing is that I have done a 2 hour then a 2.5 walk – which I never usually do, so I am aiming to keep that up with some regularity, as lack of exercise is also largely why I struggle to keep 3-5kg lower than I should be.

Best of luck in May!

Day 30 California NFD

The hardest part of all of this is measuring your own body with a tape measure. I can’t tell where I held the tape last time but somethings not right. I’ll just keep everything the same on the spreadsheet and weigh myself tomorrow.

2nd post

Thanks @ciren2 for being such a great host for May!

May 1st, Melb Aust FD800
    Day 30 CD
    Day 29 FD800

Did my final weigh-in for the month, no less than last Saturday despite the last 2 days, and I know why – too many carbs yesterday! Will know better next time. But, still 2.9 kg loss for the month, so that’s okay.

@basyjames, so thankful your DD didn’t succeed in her attempt. I hope she’s now getting the treatment she needs to bring her out of her black hole, and that all the family are settling back into normality.

@ciren2, thanks for being a great host for April; @jaifaim, onward and downwards in May!!

May 1st

Derailed again yesterday, no wonder, I ate the left over ice cream and other things. I should write this book, with the help of other experienced derailers it should become a bestseller! I managed to do the hoop challenge, I once had 81 rotations, but most of the times the hoop falls down after doing 40-60 rotations. Won’t continue, it’s not my hoop and I find it a bit boring, I’m just waiting for the hoop to fall on the floor.

Starting weight: 57.4 kg/126.5lbs
    Final weight: 61.2 kg/134.9lbs

Gained 3.8 kg, well I know where it came from.

@rabbette and @basyjames if I want to lose weight, I know I’ll have to change something, I’m just tired of it atm. But I can’t complain, it’s the only, not realy important thing I’m not happy about.

@bluesqueak you did very well! I used to do the RCAF exercises, must have them somewhere, totally forgot about them.

@ciren2 thanks you so much for being a wonderful, caring host. You did a very good job.

See you all on the May Challenge!

@biddiev: 1st MAY, you’re a month out!!

See you all over in the May Challenge….Byeee…..x

Final post

Lost 3lbs in April! Yay. See you all in May

Day 30+1
    Day 30 – UK – FD600

Managed to complete my B2B 600cal FDs and also plenty of exercise over the past 2 days including 45mins Broga, 1hr Pilates, 90mins Yoga, 3hr hike on the nearby fells and 45mins High Impact Pilates – feeling strong!

This morning my weight is just above the top of my acceptable maintenance range at 55.3kg – Bless OH who says it must be due to the increased muscle building from my exercise regime……….

Anyway my clothes all fit including my slim fitting jeans that I use as a measure, so I shall not despair but my aim for May will be to get back under that 55kg marker I have set as the top of my maintenance weight!

@aglowworm – of course you must join us in the May Challenge – we are all in this journey together. Hop right back onto that 5:2 Bandwagon and strap yourself in for a positive May 🤗
    @basyjames – just a very big cyber HUG 🤗 – I cannot imagine what you felt but how wonderful that your DD is still with you and that she was thankful she did not succeed. Some wise words that might help your daughter by Christopher Reeves “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” A great friend of mine lost her son just recently to suicide too and it has been the most traumatic time for all his family and friends, partly the reason I have not been so active on this forum in April – the funeral is in a couple of weeks – such a sad loss of an amazing young man……..
    @rabbette – yes the Broga class is a “Bro-yoga mostly all dudes” except in my class there are more women than men!!!!!! OH started that class as he did not like regular yoga and suggested I join him last October I think and I have kept them up as I rather enjoy the challenge but still do my yoga classes as well!
    @dykask – you never cease to amaze me with the lengths of your WFDs – great willpower!

To all the who participated in the April challenge thanks for sharing/participating on this forum as TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER – hope to see you all in May with our lovely host @jaifaim – Thank you for taking up the reins for this last month🌹

It’s so nice to see many reaching their goals, congratulations to all of you! The ones who didn’t make it this time, don’t despair. May is the start of a brand new month and just waiting for you to press that RESET button – When you falter, just start again next day, that’s the great thing of this WOL! ❤️ “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.”

A special THANK YOU to @ciren2 for hosting the April Challenge despite her own struggles with this WOL at the moment 🤗💐

See you all in the May Challenge 🙏

Ended the month above where I was but below my April target which was ok considering the circumstances.

Moved mostly downward in April. Yes,there was some bouncy, bouncy but mostly downward movement. The lowest I got was 195, after starting the month at 199.6 lbs.

Viewing 41 posts - 701 through 741 (of 741 total)

You must be logged in to reply.