APRIL 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
APRIL 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,170 replies, has 81 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 1,171 total)

• Day 23 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Yes I am up thus morning after the weekend but it’s not much and I feel
    confident that today’s liquid fast day will eradicate most of it.

Saturday ended up being a day where we had to eat unhealthy foods……my stepdaughter had prepared lasagne, garlic potatoes, garlic bread, potato croquettes, salad and coleslaw, as a birthday “tea” for the two year old birthday girl ☺️ And followed by chocolate birthday cake 😄 We did not know she was cooking for us, it was lovely of her and an enjoyable afternoon, but oh my the carbs 😁

This will be a controlled week with three FD’s. We are off to Manchester on Saturday morning on the ferry, spending the night there and home on Sunday. DH’s youngest daughter is presenting an exhibition of her work as part of her final year project in Uni so we are off to support her. No doubt there will be dinner and drinks in Manchester on Saturday evening so I need to prepare for that.

@lilymartin I hope you feel better now.
    @michelinme take care of yourself this week
    @annemarilyn and @ccco thanks, it feels great to skip the M and L clothes section at last 🤗

Day 23 Pocket List…if you are fasting today copy and paste..together we are stronger
    @daffodil2010
    @lilymartin

Day 24 – Dubai – NFD

Managed a good 500 calorie FD yesterday but there’s no way I can do 3 days in a row – I’m just too hungry! I plan another FD tomorrow and possibly on Thursday too. I was re-reading “The Basics for Newbies” posts and @simcoeluv suggests getting the two FD down pat before moving on to 3 FD. Sounds like good advice.

You can do it @bert1802!!! As @daffodil2010 says, together we are stronger.

“Three months from now, you’ll thank yourself.”

Day 23UK FD
    Day 22UK NFD

Think I will try OMAD ( 1meal a day ) from today, Monday, till Friday. No outings related to food are planned so should be easy ??? Going for the final push to the end of the month.

Good luck to everyone today.

Day 23, Newcastle UK, FD

Back from the most brilliant weekend in Liverpool to celebrate my SIL’s big 50. We went to the Peaky Blinders pub on Saturday night where they have look alikes for taking photos with – but so many of the customers were dressed up too and I have to say they looked amazing. Ladies in flapper dresses and men in suits and caps – they all looked so smart. But the highlight was yesterday afternoon in The Cavern where the Beatles started their meteoric rise and I only got up on stage and sang ‘Just 17’ to a packed audience! It had to be done – my Mum who died at 37 was a huge Beatles fan and I had to do it for her. All in all I was very controlled food and drink wise until yesterday afternoon when too much wine was consumed (after singing) but I chose low volume and whilst the scales are up this morning, I do feel slimmer than last Monday. We walked for at least 7 miles and danced for hours, so I am expecting a whoosh at some point.

I hope everyone had a great weekend too. Onwards and downwards as the end of April looms.

Day23 – UK – Reading – FD

Oh @strawberriesandcream – your Liverpool weekend sounds great fun. I was in Yorkshire – home of the calorie – no booze but a big Sunday roast. Reminded me of my childhood. Scrummy. So a few FDs before another weekend away. I wont hit my April goal, but life is for living, not just slimming.

Day 23 UK FD

I didn’t have a very good night’s sleep and have woken up tired & hungry but I am determined to see this fast day through. I have stuck to every fast day so far and I intend to keep strong.

Sending out the positive vibes for Monday 😁

Day 23 Pocket list:

@daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @mia139
    @Strawberriesandcream
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob

Day 23 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 CD

Yesterday’s FD was successful but it was one of those occasional FDs where I felt more tired, cold and hungry than usual…….perhaps because the week was so hectic. So rather than do a B2B I’m going to make today a CD. Dad is out of hospital and recuperating at home, surgeon decided not to remove gallbladder because of his age. For the first time ever dad is now receptive to advice on following a healthy diet.

Good luck Monday fasters and have a good day everyone 🙂

Day 23 London UK

Adding myself to the pocket list for today. Trying to remember not to eat when I’m not hungry. My OH, now he has retired, seems to have started to revolve his life around food. Just when I’m trying to lose interest, he spends lots of time planning what we should eat. He loves food shopping, and I feel mean telling him I don’t want what he has prepared. It’s tricky. How does everybody else deal with that one?

Day 23 Pocket list:

@daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @mia139
    @Strawberriesandcream
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob
    @emma-taylor

Day 23, UK, FD

Fast day today, but also travelling as well, so it might turn into OMAD, which is fine.

@lilymartin sorry to hear you’ve been unwell. Wishing you speedy recovery 🤗

@stoic I always follow the basic 5:2, nothing against variations if people want to do them but for me 5:2 is 2 FDs and 5 NFDs, no more than that 🙂

@Strawberriesandcream you weekend sounds fantastic, and oh my, singing to a packed audience! 😎 👏

@missybear glad to hear your dad is out of hospital, wish him well 🙂

Day 23 Pocket list:

@daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @mia139
    @strawberriesandcream
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob
    @shinything

Stay strong everyone, together we can do this 🤗

2nd post …

Just want to correct Pocket list since I posted at the same time as @emma-taylor 😀

Day 23 Pocket list:

@daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @mia139
    @strawberriesandcream
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob
    @emma-taylor
    @shinything

I’ll add myself to the pocket list even though I’m about 22 hours into this fast.

@daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @mia139
    @strawberriesandcream
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob
    @emma-taylor
    @shinything
    @dykask

Day 23, London, UK, NFD

So yesterday turned into a less than 1000cal very CD!!! I’m pleased because it means I can have a ‘normal’ NFD today, planned but not too tightly controlled; then back to B2B2B Tue- Thurs at work …….………….. sorted!!!

@mia139, I’m with you for that final push & probably OMAD too, this will be my most successful month since August last year, so I’m motivated to get this last week right!!!

@strawberriesandcream, what a fantastic weekend you had, and the weather was kind too, I hope the whoosh fairy finds you soon!!!

Happy fasting everyone!!!!

Day 23 London NFD
    Day 22 NFD

Day 23 – UK – NFD

Been out of the loop since last Thursday – been eating mindfully but alcohol consumed! Now away again overnight so it doesn’t look like I’ll be making target by the end of the month…

Keep up the good work everyone!

Day 23 Stevensville Maryland CFD

Woke up this morning feeling very sad and worried for my brother. He is in the hospital with kidney failure, asking for positive energy, prayers and Angelic healing for him. This came out of know where. We must enjoy each day and spend more time with those we love. Tomorrow is not promised.

Stepped on the scale today and I am up 1lb, I am sure it is because of alcohol over indulgence yesterday, due to worry. Doing B2B2B and hopefully that will bring on another whoosh this week.

Adding myself to the pocket list, going to print it and stick it in my bra, it helps

@daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @mia139
    @strawberriesandcream
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob
    @emma-taylor
    @shinything
    @dykask
    @diana123

Go be love, the world needs you. Have a great Monday everyone.

Day 23 Malaga Spain. NFD

At the airport waiting to come home after 3 days in Spain. I can’t say I’ve been mindful at all. Tried to eat healthily with the food but 3 late nights drinking alcohol and goodness knows what the scales will say. I have laughed though and had a great time .FD tomorrow.
    Ps on the hottest weekend ever in the UK we had rain, thunder and the chilliest weekend ever in Spain. How lucky was that.

Happy Monday everyone.

Day 23…..Florida……..trying for FD

I have today off and would you know it I woke up to rain, and seems like it’s going to be a lot of it too! Hopefully, I can find a project or two in the house to keep me out of the kitchen. Light bulb moment, I’ve been wanting to get my closet cleaned out….. so maybe that it what I will do….. maybe!

Food wise, still trying to get back on the wagon….. Atleast, I’m up walking towards it today!

Well, not much to report…..
    So, I’m gonna try and work on that closet right now!

Your riding a horse at full speed, a giraffe is next to you and a lion is chasing you…..
    What do you do?
    You get your drunk ass off the carousel!

Day 23, Hampshire, UK – FD

Adding myself to the pocket fasters today!

@daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @mia139
    @strawberriesandcream
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob
    @emma-taylor
    @shinything
    @dykask
    @diana123
    @fivetwofan5252

Good luck to all 🙂

Day 23 UK FD

Tired munchies last night got thru a big pot of raspberry yogurt last with lots of almonds and a banana – at least it wasn’t even more carb! Feeling squished & weary & bleurgh after over-full day; definitely need some mindful rest, reading, writing and SLEEP. A bit of catch up & prep required and some time away from computers & phones.

Going to try not to eat until this evening, set out an apple or two in case of emergency crunch and plan a supper using up the odds & ends of yellow-stickered veg I over-bought enthusiastically last week, brussel sprouts, leeks, cauliflower, salad leaves… perhaps add some yogurt & spices in there – what’s not to love?! 🙂

Pocket list for today – add yourself if you’re fasting

@daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @mia139
    @strawberriesandcream
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob
    @emma-taylor
    @shinything
    @dykask
    @diana123
    @bert1802
    @fivetwofan5252
    @michelinme

Day 23 USA (Illinois) CD

I’m going to try a good CD today. Why does my body gain a pound or two even when I eat right at TDEE? It’s a puzzlement.

On celebration of Earth Day, and impending houseguests, I am cleaning out my 2nd spare bedroom of clothes I never wear, books and papers, and stored old computer equipment. That has always been a problem to get rid of as my normal recycle places don’t take that. Earth Day notices promoted places that do take it – Staples store for one. We’ve kept far too much of that stuff around!

@strawberriesandcream – what a marvelous time in Liverpool! I lived through the meteoric rise of the Beatles back in the 60’s (when music was the best!) hence I am green with envy over your getting to The Cavern. Wow. Terrific.

@missybear – so glad your father is doing better, and hopefully he will be smart with his diet.

Onward and downward.

Day 23, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

Day 23 North Canton OH FD today!

Great weekend with my daughters, we took a quick road trip to Cincinnati with a couple stops at outlet stores along the way. It felt good to get away for a little bit. I am sure I went over TDEE but I will try to make up for it this week.

I am so glad your dad is doing better @missybear. You go @strawberriesandcream sounds like you had fun!

Adding myself to the PL

@daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @mia139
    @strawberriesandcream
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob
    @emma-taylor
    @shinything
    @dykask
    @diana123
    @bert1802
    @fivetwofan5252
    @michelinme
    @basyjames

ccco USA FD DAY 23

Will be back later! Off to yoga and personal training! Daffodil, can you add me to your FD list? Thanks! See you all later!

Day 23 – Atlanta, GA, USA – FD
    Day 22 – CD
    Day 21 – CD
    Day 20 – NFD
    Day 19 – CD

Adding myself to the pocket list today:-

@daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @mia139
    @strawberriesandcream
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob
    @emma-taylor
    @shinything
    @dykask
    @diana123
    @bert1802
    @fivetwofan5252
    @michelinme
    @basyjames
    @mishty

Day 23, Gozo Malta, cd

I was trying for a fast day but it’s going to be a cd.

Have a great day everyone. Onwards and downwards

Day 23, Virginia USA, CD

Just a note to check in and send a prayer for those struggling with an illness themselves or their loved ones. I hope everyone experiences healing and comfort.

Many good wishes for success as we head toward the end of April! 🙂

Day 23, FD, USA

I’ve been out of action for the last week due to work commitments. I had been planning a big event, and it’s now done. I think it was a success so I can stop stressing about it now! No more waking up at 2am mulling over everything that still needed to be done. Yay!

But a week of bad eating and drinking which I need to rectify. So B2B2 this week.

Day 23 – SW WA USA – FD

Adding to the Day 23 FD list: (will add a couple others)

@daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @mia139
    @strawberriesandcream
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob
    @emma-taylor
    @shinything
    @dykask
    @diana123
    @bert1802
    @fivetwofan5252
    @michelinme
    @basyjames
    @mishty
    @annemarilyn
    @ccco
    @RedRockGirl
    @penz

@kaywesterman to PL.

Not sure how to add my name to PL. FD today. Doing good with it. Art this morning and planting new plants this afternoon.
    Hope everyone has a great Monday. Ok. Got it. 🤓

Day 23 – Iceland – FD

After a good B2B2B Thu-Sat and a CD yesterday, I just reached my halfway point, 20kg lost – 20kg to go. BMI is down to 29.2 from 36.2 last November. I am still just under 2kg away from reaching my April goal but I feel happy and thankful and optimistic that I will be able to keep on and hopefully reach my overall goal weight well before the year is over😊 This WOL and this wonderful forum has truly been a life saver!

Hope you all have/had a good Monday and thinking of all those who are not well and praying for a speedy recovery🌸

ccco USA Day 23 FD

Well done, Borealis!
    Today I ended a successful FD with 476 cals. Tomorrow I will take a day off from fasting and will have another FD on Wednesday! I am trying to drive toward this month’s goal and hope I make it rather than the roller coaster I’ve been on! Congratulations to everyone today on their journeys!

Day 24 – Japan – NFD 79.2kg

Not as low weight as Saturday but close enough. 27 fasts done in 2018 with good results. My fasting blood glucose was high this morning but I think that is from my workout. (110mg/dl or 6.2 mmol/l) I pushed a bit and the lactic acid gets converted back into glucose by the liver. (Cori cycle)
    At least that is what I hope!

Day 24 country West Australia NFD
    Had a good 400 -ish calorie FD yesterday, mainly water, tea, coffee and 1 small salmon patty I made with sweet potato and zucchini and mushroom in it as well.
    Hungry in the evening but went to choir and sang my little heart out for 2 hours in preparation for tomorrow’s commemoration of ANZAC ( Australia and New Zealand Army Corps) day.
    It is a special day for us as we commemorate the efforts of our troops in Turkey launched on April 25th 1915 in WWI.
    The campaign was actually a terrible bloody slaughter of men on both sides and essentially a failure from the Allies’ point of view but it did cement relationships between our countries and helped define our ‘Aussie’ character.
    Enough of the history lesson.
    Thank you to all for the good wishes. I am on the mend and feeling much better.
    @dykask congratualtions on reaching your lowest a few days ago. I am in awe of the number of FDs you have managed. You are inspirational.
    @diana123 thoughts and prayers with you, your brother and family. It must be a worrying time.
    @metatauta, thanks for welcome. It’s so good to be back. I feel with the support I receive here I am on track to reach my April goal. Yay!!
    Like ?@Flourbaby I feel as though this is my best effort since late last year.
    Have a good day all.
    Off to make Anzac biscuits…. ( will try to keep to only one…)😇

Day 24…NSW Australia…NFD

Hi everyone

Found some mobile coverage on Fraser Island QLD – 1000klm drive from home (repeat same for our return journey)! Such a beautiful area and so much history! Here with other family members. Not promising any FD’s while on holidays – will catch up when I get home next Sunday afternoon.

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

@lilymartin – thanks but I find myself is awe of a lot others that seem to do more. It seems like there are always people doing B2B2B or more fasts! Plus many people restrict their eating on NFDs, I don’t which is why I also lose the fat so much slower!

Day 24 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    2nd B2B

Morning all. Just one more week to go to crunch April. 🤓 This year is flying in, it only seems like a couple of weeks ago that I was gadding around Peru, but that was January!

Good FD yesterday, mainly liquid only until supper time when I had to have a little of my first cooked batch of home grown rhubarb with my own home made Bulgarian yoghurt, sweetened with organic agave syrup and sprinkled with a small amount of chopped walnuts. YUMMO. And so great that most things were made or grown by me and organic. Oh how I have changed my food choices this past year, all due to this WOL and the wonderful tips from this forum.

And rewarded with a 2lb whoosh 💃

It’s my 2nd FD of the week today. Planning chicken bone broth and home baked oat bran bread at lunch and a chowder for supper. It will be 500 or maybe more but I fancy eating today so no LFD.

Had a sore back yesterday in work, a lot of physical lifting and pulling early in the day, so had a hot bath with Epsom salts last night. Thus morning I sprayed magnesium oil on my back and it seems to have worked. Also I am only getting a small tingle now when I spray, not the itching burn I used to feel…..so maybe at last, after nearly 3 weeks, my magnesium levels are topped up. Yay

@borealis well done on reaching your midway point, super achievement.
    @arelkade enjoy your holiday, it’s well deserved. For someone who lives in the island confines of Ireland a 1000km road trip sounds so much ☺️ That’s at least one overnight stop????

Prayers for all who are experiencing health and family worries. My thoughts are with you.

Pocket List Day 24 – Together we are stronger
    @daffodil2010

Day 24 UK FD

Second of 5, one meal a day days this week! That sentence looks a bit confused! Anyway trying to only eat at dinner all this week. Last night had a bowl of broccoli soup and curried veg. Let’s see how today goes!
    Good luck to everyone today.

Day 24, Guildford UK, CFD

A month of CFD and plank challenge. Just been on a dance weekend, no WiFi.

This morning I wooshed, yeah, 2 kilos down from Friday. 2 kilos! 2 Kilos! 2 Kilos! 2 Kilos!

Yeah baby, flatter tummy……

Woooooo

Mari

Day 24, Newcastle UK, CD

We had an impromtu lunch out yesterday and I thought I’d be over 800 cals. However, I’d asked the restaurant for the recipe and they emailed it through last night. I’ve just squeezed in and can call yesterday a successful FD. .5lb down this morning – but still back in 10 stoneland after the weekend.

@mia139 – I’m with you on OMAD this week – am generally going to stick to that routine until we go on holiday. I’ll aim for no more than 500 cals when possible.
    @rainbowsmile – great to hear you so upbeat. Dancing is sooooooo good for the soul.

Looks like April is producing some really great results – congratulations to all.

Day 24 – Dubai – FD#8

Thanks @shinything. I’ll just stick with the basics for now but I too am in awe of people who can do multiple B2B fasts.

Congratulations @rainbowsmile, well done you.

“Three months from now, you’ll thank yourself.”

Day 24 – UK – Reading – Proper FD

I’m getting blown of course. I’m being good during the day, but then eating too much in the evening. So going back to basics – only two FDs a week – but proper ones. Inspired by @shinythings post yesterday. Onwards and downwards.

Day 24, London, UK, FD (1st of B2B2B)

I’m aiming to stay focussed this last week of April. I need to maintain the fat eradication I’ve had so far, NO premature rewarding myself for a job well done!!! If I could manage to get into the 10st-somethings I would be delighted, so fingers crossed for that extra 2lbs!!!

@saffy420, I’m trying to work out whether 3 chilly days in Spain filled with fab food & wine was better than the brief glimpse of Summer we had here…………………………. Hayfever certainly kicked my a*rse here, so I’m voting Spain!!!!!

What can I say @rainbowsmile, except …………………….………………… YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recall last year, posting quite regularly, sadly, about sending condolences to people affected by senseless tragedies……………………….. I’m sending these wishes to Toronto and those affected. We become desensitized to these things, right now I feel nothing but sadness, no shock, or horror……….. just deep, deep sadness.

Stay strong everyone, as May is just around the corner!!!

Day 24 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Tummy feels flatter and firmer this week although the scales seem reluctant to budge. Quite happy with my weight now, just need to tone up the loose skin on arms, legs and waist. I think maintenance and toning up will be my ongoing aim from May onwards 😉

@diana123 wishing your brother a good recovery, please take care of yourself at this difficult emotional time and know that we are holding onto you.

Day 24, Hampshire UK – NFD

First of all @shinything – I agree entirely! I must admit I have played around with the 5:2 formula ALOT!

However I just keep on coming back to 5:2 as it is so easy! Its simplicity is its success!

The other thing I have noticed is that I get ‘diet-weary’ if I try to add in too many extra rules & regulations. Then I rebel and I don’t want to even do my two ‘normal’ FDs.

The only other thing which DOES work for me is a 16:8. This is because I love breakfast but I’m quite happy to miss dinner.
    (Although I quite often include chocolate in my 16:8 though so not sure that makes those particular chocolatey-16:8 days an effective weight loss tool in my case!! But I wake up feeling virtuous, hahaha! And of course, better to stop eating after some chocolate rather than to carry on and consume yet more calories…)

THOUGHTS PLEASE.
    Chris Woolams is a guru of mine (I’m totally healthy but an avid fan of his Cancer-Active site). I’ve just read his latest post that Coconut Oil is bad for you! I feel so let down! I always cook with it!
    However he hasn’t suggested what I should use instead. He’s a big fan of EV Olive Oil, but I know that is not stable over 160 degrees celsius.
    Should I revert to my previous oil of choice – rapeseed oil?
    Would love to hear any thoughts from fellow health freaks out there! Thanks!

Day 24, NFD, USA

2nd day of liquid B2B. Went well yesterday and managed to mentally slay the dragon before she raised her head. You know that dragon whisper: go on, you had a bad day at work, one little glass of wine won’t hurt. Well I knew I’d feel even worse if I succumbed so I successfully resisted!

Well done Daffodil2010 on your home grown food choices. Must taste extra yummy and what a great reward to be whooshed.

And I can see your huge smile from here Rainbowsmile; a great result!

Can’t wait until Friday when we are off for a week’s holiday at the beach. I am going to suspend this WOL and just indulge in relaxation, cocktails, snorkeling and reading. Cannot wait! Then, because we have a big event in late June, hubby has agreed with me that we will do 5:2 alcohol wise; really truly commit to dry from Sun – Thurs in an effort to lose enough weight to look fab. It’s do-able!

End of Day 24 Auckland NFD

Just spent two days catching up with all the posts! There’s some great news and achievements like @borealis, @daffodil2010 and @rainbowsmile.
    @lilymartin Fab idea to make Anzac biscuits!

@diana123 Such sad news about your brother but renal patients do learn to manage their condition. Hope with treatment he’s feeling better.

I’m hoping for a good week so I can round off the month with a decent woosh! There’s no magic tricks just a new WOL…

Stay strong everyone!!

Day 24 UK NFD

I had another successful fast day yesterday, however I really struggled to sleep and as a result I am feeling really meh today. ☹

I just can’t seem to motivate myself today. I have my 5k run & rowing to do today. Must give myself a kick up the bum & get moving!

Day 24 North Wales FD

Started my normal Monday fast yesterday and then decided to go a meet a friend, one lovely lunch later and a good catch up has meant that I have had to do a fast day today 😂 Fab to see so many great achievements this month.

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 1,171 total)

You must be logged in to reply.