APRIL 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
APRIL 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,170 replies, has 81 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 1,171 total)

• NFD today. Will continue to monitor my portion sizes. Feeling better now that hubby is home.

Day 20 UK NFD

Just heading out for dinner with friends. Have maintained fast till now but will have to count this as NFD as there will be much merry making and some lovely food. ! Will try to be controlled!

Thank you ShinyThing. I mean to get back on the wagon. Good night 💤🌙😴

Day 20 – SW WA USA – NFD

I’m glad you got sunshine in the UK. We’ve got it here too in my neck of the woods. What a difference it makes!

I read the wonderful posts and then forgot my note paper somewhere.

Wishing you all well – some are sleeping some of us in the middle of the day… yet we’re together in our endeavor to got to a healthier place!

Day 20 London ?day

My post disappeared so posting again. I apologise for bombarding you if it reappears as it was rather long and rambling but now a lot shorter and probably better for it!

Went into negative mode after binging late last night. Over it now and have forgiven myself and managed more a higher end CD, rather than another blow out – good result!

To all that have mentioned their difficult and sad relationships with their mum’s – thank you. I feel very guilty for having such thoughts and sharing them with others, who sometimes don’t understand can amplify my guilt even more, but knowing you are not the only one and not being judged is very comforting. Thank you again.

Reading so many amazing stories right now from this monthly challenge of those that have achieved or those who are getting close to their target or seeing new lows that it brings a glow of pride and joy for you all. To all well done, congratulations, superb!

@dykask – I have heard before that we don’t absorb all of the fat in nuts which might explain your findings, thanks for reminding me.

@kaywestern – delighted to hear your hubby is home and wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

@metatauta – binging was because I cooked something yummy when I was tired, hungry and on an FD, my brain lagged behind my stomach and then one slice became ….
    Thanks for the offer of providing links to low carb seeded bread but I think I should just avoid any bread and what goes inside them until I’m better behaved!!

@onlyhermes – how timely your quote was from Jamie Foxx sadly I didn’t absorb it enough yesterday but reflecting strongly on it today, maybe it should be pinned up on all my walls until this WOL is assimilated!

Hope everyone had a good day this side of the world and hello and best wishes to those just waking up on the other side.

Bye for now x

Still Day 20 –

@dingping – your computer is playing tricks on you. I’ve seen 3 posts from you now. Not sure what’s happening on your end. Glad you’re regrouping and turning the negative around to a better day 🙂

@at – sounds like you’re having a wonderful time in Australia plus you’re maintaining!

Day 20 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Rereading all the post before I go out to dinner with wine tonight. Will be mindful. I am grateful for this site right now. You all will be on my thoughts as I eat my dinner tonight.

Thank you everyone for helping me reach my goal weight, not only for April but for life.

2nd post
    @dingping please know that you’re far from alone with complicated feelings regarding parental issues…….just want to thank you for making me feel less alone with my feelings x 🤗

@annemarylin – Oh gosh my computer is playing tricks, sorry to overload everyone with my incoherent ramblings!
    Ta for letting me know x

Day 21 – Japan – NFD 78.6kg <— new 2018 low. (26 fasts done in 2018 so far)

It is nice to see so much support and interest in eating some nuts. I think they are a very healthy snack or additive for food. I also understand the comment about the texture of chickpeas, or beans in general. Getting to where I eat beans has been a slow process. Currently I’m not even sure I would say I enjoy them, but I do like the fullness I get from eating them. It is probably a bit of an acquired taste.

This morning I was able to do 5 pull-ups in a row. That is surprising because I haven’t been training for them. A couple years ago I was up to 8 but then I hurt my inner elbows and wasn’t able to do pull-ups for over a year after that. Then when I did try once in while I could only do 1 or 2. So fasting and HIIT haven’t hurt my muscle development. Anyway I hurt my elbows by bending my wrists while doing chin-ups. Form counts.

I find my tastes are changing. I think it has been three weeks since I had a diet cola, although I do drink a good amount of club soda. I’m been slowly shifting to more water, club soda, teas and coffee. I don’t add any sweeteners and it seems I’ve reached a point where I just naturally choosing not to drink diet soda. It was a progression, I probably used to drink about 7 litters a week of diet soda, then it went to 4, then 3, then less than two and finally I just stopped. I never actually forced myself. I think it has more to use with my tastes changing from avoiding added sugar and fasting. I don’t know if it has anything to do with my weight dipping lower, probably not however it seems reasonable that artificial sweeteners and other ingredients in diet sodas could have some impact on my gut bacteria. I’m not a fan of the blood glucose theories because I often watch my blood glucose, but there isn’t an easy way to monitor gut bacteria. I do have less flatulence so maybe that is an indicator.

Sorry … smelly though to end on!

Day 20 UK NFD

Weigh in this morning & wahooo 2 pound loss!! 😁

Really chuffed with myself as I have worked extra hard this week. Going out for dinner with the OH today so I will try my best not to un-do all my hard work & I still intend to get abit of exercise done & hit my 10,000 steps.

Wishing you all a Happy, sunny weekend xxx

2nd post

Sorry I meant Day 21 NFD 😁

Day 21, London, UK, NFD (CD)

Lovely meal last night and as it was OMAD, I wasn’t too concerned with the choices I made, but there was gnocchi!! I figure I went over TDEE, but I’ll consider yesterday a feast day.

@fatfingers, I hit my ATL on Dec 15th, and then Xmas & Baileys & red wine & gluttony got in the way and I’ve not seen it since and I’ve been on the plateau and seen the bouncy-bouncy scales ………………a lot!!! Now I seem to be eradicating fat with the same amount of effort as always!!!! The difference …………………………… It’s Arid-April!!! I really DO KNOW that my biggest drops on the scale have been during my dry months, this may not be the Holy Grail or everyone’s ‘Answer’ to weight loss, but it may very well be MY ANSWER!!!!!

@michelinme, congratulations on heading back to 2007!!! I’m aiming to eradicate another 2lbs to get below that 11st mark too. I think you’ve had a whoosh as defined in the article below, posted way back in May of last year by @coda, sometimes a high carb day really iS the trigger!!!!!! As it says, a cheat meal isn’t always a bad thing ………………….. but just once in a while!!!!!

http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/

I’m pleased to report just ½ lb reacquired after last nights’ meal, I know that will be gone after my B2B2B next week so hopefully I’ll end April with a goal FINALLY achieved!!! Fingers crossed.

Today feels like a salad day, thank goodness it’s too hot for chocolate!!!!

Day 21…NSW Australia…NFD

Hi everyone

Currently staying overnight in Ballina NSW heading for Fraser Island QLD tomorrow for a week.
    May/may not have mobile reception – still not sure. I’ll post as able.

Enjoy the rest of this weekend and have fun doing whatever you will be getting up to. Bye for now!

Day 21 London FD

Hopefully my computer won’t play tricks on me today!
    Feeling brighter and preparing to go away for a week or so to North Wales again so making today an FD.

Thanks @missybear. Wouldn’t we all have such good mental heath if we all opened up a little, a trouble shared….

@annemarilyn – thankfully my positivity has travelled through to today.

Have a brilliant weekend everyone.
    Ta x

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪- NFD

Glorious sunshine ☀️
    It’s our granddaughters 2nd birthday so heading over soon to give her her present (a Peppa Pig bicycle 😊), then Home to languish in the sun. DH is cooking tonight.

Have a great Saturday everyone ☀️

Day 21 Virginia, USA NFD

Good morning! Down 1.5 pounds from my FD (water, coffee, tea) yesterday. I’ve been tinkering with adding full-fat cream to my coffee in the morning. At this point, it doesn’t seem to be having a negative effect, but I’ll continue to monitor that. Congratulations @sarahbob, @borealis, @metatauta, @daffodil2010, @michelinme, @shinything and everyone else who is seeing movement on the scale! Much credit to all of us sticking with it regardless. @at sounds like you’ve had a fun trip. Well done for maintaining!

Have a beautiful day everyone! 🙂

Day 21 UK CD

I’ve slept through all alarms and woken only once in 13 hours, still feeling tired but more grounded. Chores done, bread in the oven and came back to bed with coffee to catch up on posts.

Don’t think I’d realised how tired I’d got straight after catching up with sleep on holiday. I’ve been out 8/10 days instead of my usual 2-3/7, doing paperwork & prep for 3 challenging meetings and carrying an abscess as well as usual health issues.

So good to have got to the end of the tight deadlines and all the stuff that was hanging over me and into a wonderfully quiet week of catch up and prep. The garden is hugely overgrown – past wild and into jungle – while my own scaffolding, all the stuff that holds me up, has been sorely neglected. Glad to have some time to rest, reflect and rebalance.

Weighed myself today and seem to be a little lower again, but I’ll bank that in a corner of my mind and spring forward to next Friday. Only one week & 3 FD left for this month, be good to delay the gratification 🙂

@arelkade I’ve always wanted to go to Fraser island, hope you have a wonderful time
    @dingping I was so glad you wrote about your relationship with your mum; my own is very similar. I’m not at a place where I could put it into words but I’m pleased you did. I also had that thing of baking oat/yogurt bread on a FD then eating loads, now back to baking weekly loaf on Saturday and when it’s gone it’s gone. I think people who opt for emails get everything but your post only came through once in the thread, so glad you reposted.
    @dykask congratulations on your new low!
    @sarahbob well done this week 🙂
    @flourbaby thank you so much for the whoosh article 🙂 I think I read it without understanding anything back in December, and now it all makes sense And along with @metatauta we are heading towards the same wonderful weight loss corner. To me it feels unbelievable to be heading down to the 10s, like some epic mountain climbed or dragon overcome. This weight loss thing is proving to be something of an epic journey – such a strange mix of physical & psychological achievement, gives me much to ponder.
    @daffodil2010 how wonderful to share a 2 year old’s delight in a Peppa Pig bike on a sunny day 😀

Day 21 – USA – NFD

Great FD yesterday, 497 cals. Up 1.5 lbs. this morning, though, but I know if I don’t let the weight bounce shake me, I will continue forging ahead and meet my goal. It looks more attainable now that it’s less than 10 lbs. away. Thinking I may actually feel comfortable in the summer walking around without jiggling, lol!

Day 21 USA (Illinois) NFD

Okay day yesterday, likely right at TDEE. I keep singing the praises of our WOL, yesterday with a long time friend who at a luncheon point blank asked how much weight I had lost and how. She seemed quite interested. A retired school nurse who has found post-menopausal weight gain plaguing her.

Onward and downward.

Day 21 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Had a great night out with friends and family. Stayed very mindful of what I ate. Weighed myself this morning expecting to see the scale go up, but to my surprise I stayed the same as yesterday morning. I did only eat 200 calories during the day, know I was going out for dinner, guess it worked.

Hoping to visit with the grandchildren today. The sun is out, the birds are chirping, lawn mower are running and I am feeling great. Maybe Spring is finally here.

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Day 21 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Just back from a long and refreshing walk on the beach, its a glorious sunny day. Pleased to report that despite recent stresses I’ve kept on track with 5:2 largely thanks to staying with you lovely folks on this forum.

Enjoy the weekend everyone 😎

Day 21 – SW WA USA – NFD

Glorious sunny day here as well! So good for the soul! I’m grateful!

@metatauta – I’ll try to adopt your attitude of not worrying about a bounce up & just keep doing the next right thing. The scale is certainly interesting for me this week. I was so encouraged with a downward trend after my M/T fasts but after that not so much. Perhaps I need to write down what I eat again instead of guestimating. Are you keeping track of what you’re eating?

@arelkade – enjoy your trip!

Enjoy your sun knowing together we are stronger!

Day 21 – USA – NFD

Second post: @annemarilyn, I’ll answer your question and then some…I keep daily track of only meals, not exercise, on MyFitnessPal. I’ve been handling my FDs of late pretty well, under 500 cals., but my NFDs are usually 2 times what my TDEE is. I just cannot exist on 1200 cals a day, and I am home all day, so it seems impossible to me. However, I have to say that the LCHF lifestyle makes one satiated very quickly. My extra calories are from 2x a week (of late 3x a week) with alcohol. That’s what jacks the calories up – if I start watching TV at night and start having beer, I get the munchies. Hence, the reason for my 5 day promise, which I only strictly kept 1.5 weeks so far. Even with the bouncy scales, and with the binges, I am still slowly losing and I know that if I continue this WOL and keep tweaking and honing my M.O., I will get to my goal and learn how to maintain it for the rest of my life. I hope that helps.

Day 21, Rocky Mountains, NFD

Yesterday’s FD did not happen. There was free food….😅😆😄 Oh well…
    Will be mindful today and tomorrow. Reset on Monday.

Have a good Saturday everyone!🌼🌻🥀

Day 21 UK FD

Another inadvertent FD as out all day in a hurry this morning so just kept the fast going. Had chicken and veg for dinner and will try to call it a day at that!
    Enjoying the beautiful sunny weather!
    Good luck to all this weekend.

Coming to this late, but today was my first fast day. Think I did pretty well, and feeling good.
    Going to bed now. Night all!!

Day 21, UK, NFD

Its been a good day so far, eating sensibly. Had 2 glasses of 🍷 though, but still well under my TDEE, so all is good and stays good 🙂

Well done everyone who is keeping on track, and keep going whoever feels under pressure, things will improve 💪

Welcome @aussiecarolyn 🙂 , I added you to our spread sheet, feel free to fill any info there. Its useful to read the info in OP just to get out of the topic as much as you can: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/april-2018-monthly-challenge/
    There are some useful tips there 🙂

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend my friends 🌹

Day 22 – Japan – NFD 81.2kg

Okay … I had steak for dinner. Probably the most meat I’ve had in a meal since I was last in China. Well I’m eating a lot more fruits and vegetables, sometimes I don’t. Breakfast and lunch were vegan though.

Day 22 – Dubai – FD#7

Going to try 3 fast days in a row hoping to undo the damage done over the weekend. Will try 500 calories each day and maybe work up to liquid fasts. How many days do you do this @basyjames? Congratulations on losing 7 pounds, that’s amazing!!

@onlyhermes – love your quote from Jamie Foxx – words to live by. Thank you.

@at sounds like you’re having a great time and congrats on keeping below your target weight – you’re such an inspiration! I too would like to be around 55 kgs.

Congratulations @shinything, well done.

“Three months from now, you’ll thank yourself.”

My three days in a row goal has been downgraded, to first day fasting, second day restrict to 4 hours, and I’mgoing to fast again tomorrow.
    Not sure what happened today, but I just ended up really hungry, and gave in to it.

Day 22…..Florida……FD

Sorry, I’ve been MIA, the last couple days, it’s been a bit crazy and I’m trying to regroup. I’m still up 3lbs since my weekend away and in just a few short weeks, I’m headed home for a week.
    This week, I really, really want to get down to where I was the beginning of the month.

I really got to get my arse in gear! If I don’t my fear is I’m going to go right back to where I started! Somewhere I don’t want to be!

Regrouping is the goal for today!

Your riding a horse at full speed, a giraffe is next to you and a lion is chasing you….
    What do you do?
    You get your drunk ass off the carousel!

Day 22 USA (Illinois) NFD

Did okay yesterday – really watching carbs lately.

Onward and downward.

2nd post … really filling dinner tonight, broccoli spaghetti with olive oil, some cheese and peppers. It was 150g of broccoli so that is like four servings, while only 100 calories it sure seems like a lot. The whole dish though was around 700 calories.

So now I have three filling combos.
    Blueberries & oatmeal
    Beans in Salad (esp. chickpeas)
    Broccoli with pasta

Calories are secondary to nutrition in my mind. If it is really filling I’ll probably snack/eat less later.

Day 22 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

@flourbaby thank you for the link on whooshing. What a beautiful spring morning again today.

Weekend is going great so far. I am so grateful for this day.

The best preparation for tomorrow is to be your best today. Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Day 22, London, UK, NFD (CD)

A bit of a late and quick check-in today, I have another CD planned for today, although below TDEE, yesterday wasn’t as controlled as I had hoped – cashew nuts!!!

@diana123, the article certainly cleared up a few questions I had at the beginning of this journey, hopefully Friday nights’ pasta will lead to a whoosh for me!!!!

Onward & downwards people, keep the faith!!!!

Day 22, Gozo Malta, nfd

I made carrot soup 🍜, oriental poussins with roasted potatoes and mixed vegetables from a packet. Then for dessert I served fruit flan 🍮 and then coffee. The grandchildren enjoyed the garden, it’s insect 🐜 world and sunshine this morning after church and before lunch.

My widowed sister in law is coming for me in two hours time so we can go out for a coffee.

Tomorrow is the first of B2B2B and I’m looking forward to it as at the moment I feel stuffed with the tree course meal and red wine I had for lunch.

Have a great Sunday everyone, onwards and downwards

Day 22 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Brought my FD forward as I was to dine out tomorrow evening, then plans changed and I could now do a FD tomorrow. I’m so far into a FD today I shall continue with it and may even do another tomorrow. Weight loss is so very slow now, maybe a B2B will shake things up.

Good morning everyone!! Today is a NFD. Also the day when I weigh. Totally surprised. I’m 179.7. I never thought I would get back in the 170’s. Really pump!! Hubby didn’t eat like he was suppose to and had another episode. Fortunately he didn’ have to go back to hospital. I went and bought food that should be better for him and me. Time will tell if I’m right. 🤓

Day 22, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Going for a hike! Sun is shining! 😊🐕😎

Have a good Sunday everyone! 🌼🌻🥀

ccco USA Day 22 FD

Flourbaby: Thanks for the link on whooshing! I never knew those things before and it was well worth the read!

I seem to be stuck in place despite fasting and exercising. I will do another FD today but follow what Flourbaby’s website said and not fast tomorrow. I really do believe that whoosh probably comes from something you previously did which is why we don’t see it right away. it makes sense!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 22, UK, NFD

Its been a bit hectic day, but eating has been controlled, just around 820 kcal so far 🙂 . I’ll be travelling tomorrow so fasting should be fine? We shall see 🙂

Off I go to pack and get ready 😀

Hope everyone is having a good day ❤

Day 22 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Quick check in before I sit outside in the sun with the Sunday papers and a glass or two of white wine. I had to go out to buy new pants for work as my butt has disappeared and my current clothes have a saggy bum! Very ageing 😁
    I normally wear tracksuit bottoms, leggings, yoga pants……all very comfortable for a glasshouse environment plus as I am not dealing with the public I can get away with such casual dress. Was super excited to fit into XS yoga pants. 💃

Until tomorrow for the first FD of the week. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Day 22 – SW WA USA – NFD

Another glorious sunny day! Planning to join a friend for a walk soon.

@daffodil2010 – woo-hoo for an XS yoga pant!
    @flourbaby – I’m hoping this weekend’s intake can lead to a whoosh as I do a B2B Mon/Tues. Our bodies’ are interesting.
    @anna6 – how old are your grandchildren who were enjoying the garden insects?
    @dykask – was the broccoli your spaghetti or did you have grain based pasta with it? I know I’ve been using squash and more recently riced cauliflower to lessen carbs.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend as together we are stronger!

ccco USA Day 22 FD

Congratulations, Daffodil2010! XS! Wow!

Plugging for all of you today! It may only be early afternoon right now but I have eaten my quota for the day! Breyers came out with a new 260 cal. per pint ice cream and I just had to try it. FYI! Very good! Too bad I can’t eat anymore food today, as it is a FD! LOL

Day 22 UK NFD

While I have been a little bit naughty with my choice of foods over the weekend I have kept up with my exercise and had a very enjoyable 5k run this evening. It has been a lovely weekend and now I plan to have a nice, relaxing evening. Fast day tomorrow 😁

Day 22 UK CD

Strange and unexpectedly full day with not good eating pattern. Not enough sleep, no time for yoga but a successful early start. I took a packed lunch with me but Left the hard boiled eggs at home by mistake. Ended up sharing lunch with someone who was clearly a lot hungrier than me so I just ate one apple.

By the time I got home at 7pm I’d still only had that apple plus a few nuts, and black coffee/water. Seriously hungry & tired but distracted by long text conversation via messenger so ate my left-behind eggs with around 200g bread plus avocado, cucumber and salad cream. That’s a lot of bread, and total 1000 calories today.

So much for quiet afternoon gardening at home, healthy supper and early night to set me up for the week. I don’t feel v well set up for tomorrow’s FD, or this week’s catch-ups, or particularly well hydrated after a hot day. Note to self: I need to be more mindful of unstructured days; they can become pretty reactive, disappearing without plans and leaving me exhausted and/or making unwise choices. O well, live and learn

Day 23 country West Australia FD
    Day 22 NFD
    Day 21 FD
    Day 20 NFD
    Day 19 NFD
    Day 18 NFD
    Day 17 NFD
    Day 16 FD

Just putting my head above the parapet after a week of feeling blah.
    Haven’t been on the forum for a week due to being unwell.
    Only seem to be managing 1 FD a week but keeping to under 500 calories.
    Hope to do better now on the improve.
    Have a good day all.

Day 23 – Japan – FD 81.0kg

Working on FD #27 in 2018 …

Weight is up 2.4kg from my low but lower than what I used to be at the end of a fast. My belt has moved from tight 2nd hole to comfortable 4th hole, so there has been some improvement.

Day 22 – USA – NFD

Forgot to post today…it’s still day 22. @lilymartin, glad to see you back and hope you’re feeling better.

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 1,171 total)

You must be logged in to reply.