APRIL 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
APRIL 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,170 replies, has 81 voices, and was last updated by  AnneMarilyn 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 951 through 1,000 (of 1,171 total)

• Day 24, Virginia USA, FD

Good morning! I find all of these posts so helpful, thank you everyone! Yesterday was an eat day. I programmed 1200 calories (the TDEE for my goal weight), and actually ate 1600. Nothing “bad” but I was annoyed with myself for “failing.” Upon re-evaluation, I realized that my body is smarter than I am. No big surprise! 🙂

In order to make this WOE do-able for the long term, I decided to try using the TDEE for the weight that is 20 pounds less than my current weight, instead of my goal weight. The goal weight TDEE might just be too much of a stretch to do with water/coffee/tea ADF.

Adding myself to the list. Onward and downward!

@daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @mia139
    @strawberriesandcream
    @ktcaroline
    @sarahbob
    @emma-taylor
    @shinything
    @dykask
    @diana123
    @bert1802
    @fivetwofan5252
    @michelinme
    @basyjames
    @mishty
    @annemarilyn
    @ccco
    @RedRockGirl
    @penz
    @kaywesterman
    @onlyhermes

Whoops, I wish posts could be edited…I meant to say I’m using the TDEE for 65 pounds less than my current weight–200 instead of 265.

Day 24 UK CD

Yesterday’s FD was not a good, easy or successful one. I was tired, unfocused & hungry all day. Ate apples late lunchtime, egg and salad late afternoon then lot of brussel sprouts, quorn chicken and a little wild rice for supper. But went back foryogurt and nuts later on. Once I’d gone over 800 there was no stopping me until the pot was all gone. Slept badly and a struggle to get going, but woke not quite as exhausted as yesterday.

Strangely I’m not any heavier today – but not lighter either! Need to do some better self-care, esp as this is my breathing space and next week’s v full again. Going to prioritise rest, planning & big picture pacing. Starting with looking at what i need to pick up from last week and prepare for next week, how my travel, timings & logistics are going to work, what is in there that feeds me etc. Otherwise I simply run out of capacity and grind to a grumpy halt!

My mother is coming for tea very shortly – she’s due to start her COPD rehab course next week and wants to talk a few life & health things through while she has capacity. Not the best time for me but important to prioritise her now. Mostly she wants some serious listening to, so i’ve set out some routine jobs I can potter with while actively listening, getting something useful done and not getting impatient with her being in broadcast mode.

I’m also going to rustle up a microwave mug cake – almond, banana and cacao with some blueberries on the side. A gluten-free, sugar free low carb treat!

@borealis many congratulations on your halfway point!!!
    @rainbowsmile well done on that whooshing! lovely to be reminded that sustained effort produces results 🙂
    @sarahbob hope you managed to motivate yourself into exercise
    @diana123 sorry to hear about your brother, hope he is more stable soon x
    @daffodil2010 congrats on your whoosh too! I love your menus & your growings. Could you please link to the bulgarian yogurt culture?
    @songbirdme hope your clear out was successful 🙂

Thank you for sharing inspiring stories everyone, I feel reignited to get going again 🙂 x

Day 24 North Canton OH FD

Someone added my name to the pocket fasters, I don’t know who but I am really grateful 🙂 Thanks!!!
    @daffodil2010 yummy! that combo sounded so good
    @fivetwofan5252 I was cooking everything with coconut oil until I found out 6 months ago that it could increase the risk of heart disease and stroke and like you I was bummed. It totally makes sense though, it congeals at room temp and that is exactly what it does in your arteries.
    @missybear congrats, @flourbaby you can do it; just a few months ago we were commiserating over our love of bread and yet see how far we have come. Yay!!
    @borealis great job reaching your midway point, and kudos for the next half.
    I can’t say it enough, I am so thankful I stumbled on this WOL. Even with all the stumbles, setbacks and trip ups; I am healthier, lighter and feel more in control than I have ever felt as a perpetually dieting adult. It feels good.

Day 24 USA (Illinois) NFD

Giving my regular 8-week pint blood donation today, hence I must eat good meals. Also I am cautioned to bump up fluid intake before as well as after donation. I am so glad I am healthy enough to do this.

Onward and downward.

@basyjames, your post “…I am so thankful I stumbled on this WOL. Even with all the stumbles, setbacks and trip ups; I am healthier, lighter and feel more in control than I have ever felt as a perpetually dieting adult. It feels good.” So true! Thanks very much for saying that, I needed to hear it today! 🙂

Hang in there @michelinme, even if yesterday turned into a regular day, you’re still ahead of the game. Your posts are always so impressive. You have this! 🙂

Lol! @songbirdme, when I first glanced at your post I read “…my regular 8 pint blood donation.” Lololol! I thought, wow, that’s quite a lot. 🙂

NFD today. Yea!! Didn’t drink enough water so I was hungry. Continue to monitor my portions on these day. Hubby doing better on a healthier diet for ulcers. Hoping that will continue.
    Will work on art today
    Evyerone have a good day.

Day 24 – USA – NFD
    Day 23 – USA – CD

@arelkade, enjoy your holiday! @daffodil2010, hurray for your loss! @dyask, don’t compare yourself to others – every body processes things differently and thank you for all your sage advice over the past year! @rainbowsmile, I can just picture you shimmying and celebrating! @Strawberriesandcream, yay for your .5 loss; if that happened once a week, think of how much it would total by the end of the year! @missybear, I’m with you on toning up the jiggly parts! @penz, you have an admirable plan and seem determined! @fivetwofan5252, I personally use coconut oil only to make fat bombs; I don’t cook with it, but I’m not an expert on using or not using it. @diana123, hope your brother is on the mend! @sarahbob, you may feel lethargic due to a lack of electrolytes. @onlyhermes, I have the same TDEE and I rarely keep it at 1200 on NFDs, and I’m still losing weight. If you think of it as a range, it may lessen the pressure. @michelinme, I love your ordered mind! @kaywesterman, glad your OH is responding well to the change in diet.

Day 24 – SW WA USA – FD

Made it through a LFD yesterday. It was nice having my homemade chicken broth on hand. Speaking of FDs, I think it got confused today. @onlyhermes, I think you added yourself to yesterday’s list. Oh, well whatever folks are doing we’re in this together!

Day 24, third post. 🙂

Oh beans @annemarilyn, you are so right! Good save. So is this the list?

Pocket List:

@basyjames
    @annemarilyn
    @daffodil2010
    @onlyhermes

Day 24, Cornwall UK, NFD

Still here. Just jogging along on standard 5:2 and yoga, my youth drug.

@borealis – congrats on rwaching half way. We are fasting sisters as i reached half way down 21kg in mid feb and it also got me below 30 BMI. Its a BIG achievement so very pleased for you. Hope to be celebrating that final target with you by the end of the year.

@onlyhermes – so good to hear you doing well. I don’t stress too much about calories on non fast days as ‘dieting’ every day may reduce your metabolism. Perhaps just go for healthy eating like the mediterranean diet on non fast days if you are finding calorie counting tricky. It works for me, but then we are all different so good luck finding your way forward.

Day 24 UK 2nd post

@onlyhermes @metatauta thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I write things to work out what I’m thinking, what’s going on, or what I need to do. My mind feels chaotic but delighted if something’s useful 🙂

@kaywesterman Thank you for the reminder about drinking water – a lightbulb moment for me. I’m usually really good at drinking c 2.5-3l on a FD and it completely slipped my mind – no wonder I was so hungry yesterday!

@fivetwofan5252 I know that Michael Moseley looked at coconut oil along with other fats on one of his programmes not long ago, covering some stuff and missing other areas. This is one of the most helpful print articles I’ve found – It goes over all the pros & cons of coconut oil really thoroughly and using accessible language https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jul/09/coconut-oil-debunked-health-benefits-big-fat-lie-superfood-saturated-fats-lard

adapted a couple of microwave mug cake recipes to make one for my mother, which was simply delicious, low carb/high fibre, high protein, paleo. I feel completely full and have only had 325 calories. Banana, cacao, almond & coconut flour with grated frozen lime – yum! I must make this on a FD sometime 😀 😀 😀

ccco USA Day 24 NFD

My FD yesterday was a success, so today was a NFD. I had a luncheon today, so I knew I would go over my TDEE, since I didn’t have control over how the food was prepared. Thanks to this WOL, I will have a FD tomorrow and hope that will fix any damage done today! Hope all is well with everyone and congratulations to everyone who had a whoosh. Now that I know the science behind a whoosh, I am really hoping I have one. I haven’t yet! 🙂

Day 24 UK 3rd post

Astonishingly, I not only remembered I’m hosting next month’s challenge but have actually planned ahead!

I’d be glad of help, ie a kind volunteer to edit & post the spreadsheet – @borealis does this still work for you?

Please do join the May 2018 Challenge at:
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/may-2018-monthly-challenge/#post-252290

Day 25, Gozo Malta, nfd

I meant to fast today but kept nibbling and ate a lot of my favorite chocolate bar this evening before going up to prepare for bed.

Well tomorrow is another day and I’ll do a fast day.

It’s easy to get carried away when you love to eat as much as I do and when you let the eating dragon loose.

Good night 💤😴🌙 everyone, onwards and downwards

Day 24 – Iceland – FD

@michelinme – I am more than happy to assist! Here is a link to the May spreadsheet if you would like to include it in your opening post: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CNb1go2njG3xEQlkqcLwVYnkcptzymGD06Jw0kb9aJI/edit#gid=0

Looking forward to May already 🙂

Day 24, UK, NFD

It was a successful FD yesterday, really surprised with that since I was travelling and was almost sure I wont be able to do it. Today was just fine, but I have gone over my TDEE …. oh well, not gonna get too stressed about that 🙂

@diana123 so sorry to hear about your brother’s sudden health trouble 🙁 , sending
    you some positive energy and a hug 🤗 .

@borealis well done, that is such an important milestone and achievement! Its
    wonderful to see the results and the light at the end of the tunnel 😀

Welcome back @lilymartin , its good to have you around, and good to hear you are feeling better 🙂

@arelkade sounds like you might not have mobile coverage but you are having a great time on your trip. Enjoy 😀

@rainbowsmile congrats on that 2 kilos woosh, what a great feeling 💃

@missybear reaching the stage of that magic word ‘meintanance’ is so fantastic, well done! 💃

@fivetwofan5252 I agree with what you said about getting ‘diet-weary’ and rebelling if adding too much to 5:2 , I tried adding a bit myself but I immediately gave up that idea as I found myself feeling like I’m on a diet, and that’s not what I’m looking for. We have a great simplicity and effectiveness in 5:2 so I’m just sticking with that 🙂
    Regarding oil …. I always use olive oil, and I know they say its not stable over 160 degrees celsius but I tend to ignore that since so many Mediterranean countries (Greece, Italy … ) use it all the time for cooking, and in fact hardly use any other oil, and they are known as one of the healthiest people, so it can’t be harmful 🙂 . I do try and use (please don’t gasp 😳 ) lard for cooking as well. I read in some research and also in Tim Spector’s ‘Diet Myth’ that lard is easy for out bodies to break down and process.

@sarahbob lack of sleep makes me feel feverish, and quite grumpy 🙁 , stay strong and try and get some good rest tonight 🤗

@onlyhermes not just you, our bodies are smarter than us all, really lucky when you think about it 😀

@michelinme here is the link to the bulgarian yogurt culture: https://bacillusbulgaricus.com/ . I hope you mum is ok, I know how worrying it can be when parents get sick. Thanks for starting the thread for May <3 , and omg! May already?! 😮

Stay strong everyone, lets do this together ❤

Second post ….

That link for May challenge is not working for me, is it just me? 😕

Thank you @borealis – that was swift work, and hugely helpful 🙂 x

Day 24 – USA – NFD
    Second post: @shinything, I concur that lard is safe to cook with and makes a lot of foods delectable! I know it has fallen out of favor in the past 50 years, but all the LCHF people love it!

Day 25 – Japan – NFD 82.2kg

Very different schedule today because of rain and work issues.

2nd post

@daffodil2010 – congratulations to you too on your whoosh! Your rhubarb-dish sounds extremely delicious!
    @basyjames – I agree entirely, so grateful to be a part of this forum and to have found a WOL that really works, no more frustrating dieting attempts!
    @cornish-jane – thank you for the kind words, happy to be your fasting sister in this big fasting family🙂
    @lilymartin – I liked your history lesson, one learns all kinds of things on this forum! Enjoy tomorrow with your choir!
    @rainbowsmile – congratulations on your nice whoosh!
    @shinything – it really is wonderful to see light at the end of the tunnel… I KNOW this WOL works, but sometimes, even after almost 6 months of relatively good downward movement on the scales, I can get a little bit anxious when I think of the feeling of helplessness I had before I took up this WOL… It is so very hard to be big and fat and always on some kind of diet without any success at all. Who would have thought that dieting 2-3 days a week in stead of every day would bring better results!? I still find it too good to be true!

Six days left of this challenge, let’s make them count!

Hi. The link to the May challenge doesn’t work for me either. It can’t be nearly May already……

Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – CD

Two B2B FD’s accomplished and now looking forward to an NFD but keeping it around 1000 calories (ish). I have a lentil soup and home baked oat bran bread with ham and beetroot for lunch, then I have prepared for cooking tonight a grass fed organic beef burger with a side of chickpeas, spinach, onions and tomato with a touch of turmeric and ginger and a sprinkling of red mustard micro greens. Looking forward to it ☺️

It’s pretty full on in work as our young man is on holiday so all the lifting and pulling is being done by me (50) and my 25 year old female colleague. I have to say, I would NOT have been able to do thus much physical work this time last year, but I am getting through it like a breeze. Being 30 odd pounds less really does help so much. Plus magnesium oil spray at the end of the day.

@shinything I always use olive oil too, but lard, now that brings back memories of mothers cooking. I might seek it out. DH would LOVE it if we cooked more with lard 😆 Thanks also for posting that link for @michelinme

@michelinme I really enjoy making my own yoghurt and kefir from http://www.bacillusbulgaricus.com. I am getting better at it now and I also secondary ferment by putting in some lemon…gives it a smoother taste. Enjoy.

Have a good Wednesday everyone. Today is a good day to have a good day. 🤗

Day 25, London, UK, FD (2nd of B2B2B)

Yesterdays’ FD went well, no evening snacking cravings, maybe the weekends pasta was still keeping me satisfied ………………. I dare not open another bag of cashews though, if it’s open it’s fair game, unopened it might remain in the cupboard for a couple of months!!!!

@michelinme, I feel I’m in need of a couple of your adapted microwave mug cake recipes!!! Thanks for the CO article, I use CO cosmetically (to counteract allergic reactions to some chemicals which I’ve developed in my 40’s!!), in my hair, as a body moisturizer, to shave and as a deodorant (when the armpits are a bit too sensitive for magnesium oil). I very rarely cook with it, as I favour EVOO or Avocado oil, however I have used it for high heating as I believe it is more stable than other oils, everything has it’s positives and negatives, but superfoods are only as ‘super’ as they make you feel!!! Thanks for hosting May, I’m in, of course, and I’ll head on over to sign up.

Staying strong today with a lovely salad for my OMAD lunch, then straight to boxercise class then home to a large bottle of water then bed …………………………. Sorted!!!!

Keep the faith people and let’s give this last week of April a BIG PUSH!!!!!!!

Day 25 Amsterdam, CFD

I’m back from my trip to Florence with my best friend and reckon I’ve undid some hard work but not all – I can’t tell because my scales have run out of battery! Will have to check tomorrow.

This week is going to be impossible to fast because I have two events tomorrow and Thursday evenings and then on Friday it’s King’s Day here in the Netherlands – which means a street party and lots of beer! I am determined to stay mindful though, (and am fasting until 4pm today and tomorrow).

May is my opportunity to reset – I am determined to make it work (16th June I go on my summer holiday and this gives me 7 weeks to prepare)! Lots of fasting, exercise and mindful eating coming up.

Really intrigued by the general chat around magnesium oil – my OH used to take magnesium supplements but somehow this has stopped (he said they helped him sleep). Is anyone able to just list out the benefits of the oil/supplements for me? I haven’t been able to keep track of the forum these last few days and would be really grateful! Thanks all!

Onwards and downwards 🙂

Day 25, Newcastle UK, FD

Down .7lb from yesterday, back into 9 stoneland. Definitely going back to Ceroc tonight.

@diana123 – sorry to hear about your brother – prayers for you all at this difficult time.
    @lilymartin – good to see you back on track up – or was it down the mountain? 🙂
    @fivetwofan5252 – thanks for the heads up on Coconut Oil – I’ll take a look at that post. I don’t use it often – just in meals that it complements like Thai curry.
    @onlyhermes – you can edit your post within 5 minutes of posting.
    @michelinme – your microwave mug recipes sound delicious! And thanks for your article on Coconut Oil – got some research to do today.
    @anna6 – all the best for a great FD today.
    @shinything – lard is a must for roast potatoes, parsnips and yorkshire puddings 🙂
    I’ve also wondered about the use or not of olive oil for frying – it’s all so confusing.
    @flourbaby – thanks for the reminder that Coconut Oil has multiple uses.
    @metatauta – would love a recipe of link for CO fat bombs please.

All the best at this halfway point through our last full week – yikes!!!

Day 25, UK – FD

@onlyhermes – You CAN edit posts after posting them! 🙂
    But only within a 10-15 minute window of the original post going up.

Thank you everyone for the great input on coconut oil!

@shinything – Thank you, good advice. Agreed re EVOO & obviously Dr Lungo is a big fan of olive oil both hot and cold!

@basyjames – Thanks for the commiserations!

@michelinme – Great article! Thank you so much!

@metatauta } – I’m going to give lard another go!! Thank you!
    @shinything }

Starting a POCKET FASTING list for 25th!

@fivetwofan5252

🙂

Day 25 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

April has been a month of unexpected events but 5:2 has become a habit so despite a little disruption in my life my diet has remained healthy, my new ‘normal’.

Have a lovely Wednesday everyone and keep going just one day at a time 👍

Day 25 – Dubai – NFD

Just checking in after a successful FD and the weight seems to be dropping, yippee.

Congratulations @borealis, good for you.

“Three months from now, you’ll thank yourself.”

Day 25, Gozo Malta, fd

Thanks strawberriesandcream I need your wishes as I have had two failed fast days these passed days.

So far I’ve succeeded to drink only water and coffee with semi skimmed milk. I’m having chicken for lunch with a salad.

This evening I’ll have a yogurt, an apple and a bag of low calorie rice chips. And that will be it. I’ll hurry upstairs and close the kitchen.

I don’t know if today anyone is fasting but here goes the pocket
    list
    @fivetofan5252

@anna6

Onwards and downwards have a great Wednesday everyone

Day 25, Virginia USA, CD

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. @shinything, the smart-ness of our bodies is amazing. It is remarkable really that it has put up with so much abuse from me and still keeps chugging along. 🙂 @metatauta and @cornish-jane, excellent advice, that makes good sense. Very much appreciated!

A good fast day yesterday and after days of ups and downs (physically and mentally!) broke through another 1.5 lb. this morning. I wrote down @stoic‘s signature line and have it sitting on my desk…”Three months from now you’ll thank yourself.” Wise words. Such a great supportive environment here! 🙂

Have a wonderful day everyone! Onward and downward.

Day 25 USA (Illinois) NFD

It will be popcorn supper tonight at the movies – one of my great indulgences. Busy as I can be –

Onward and downward.

Day 25 UK CD

Long post – TL:DR – update, cake recipe plus link to the May 2018 Challenge

Yesterday’s evening meal got really late, ate too much rice and ended up feeling sick & sleeping badly again. Finally decided to cancel today’s outing & activity and stay home to recoup some capacity – rest, read, yoga, meditation, minimum project stuff & an early night ahead of tomorrow’s dental treatment.

I’ve been making the mistake of thinking i could take on some other stuff without letting go of what i was already holding, even with this abscess-turned-into-bone-infection. D’oh! It’s not actually possible to do that without feeling a sense of overload, stress or tension, and something has to give. For me it’s been the things of self-care – breathing space, yoga & meditation, moments sitting in sunshine, preparing food & me and eating/sleeping earlier in the day. This other stuff is important but so am I, and i’ll do it better if i look after me first.

@shinything @daffodil2010 thank you for the link to bulgarian yogurt – i’ll definitely give it a go. I’m eating around a kg/wk plus using it to make bread so it would be good to look at making my own. Be grateful for any tips, esp using plant milks

@shinything my mother is nearly 80 & was hospitalised with pneumonia before Christmas, after a few months recovering at home she’s becoming more active and independent. She’s got COPD and is increasingly disabled with osteoarthritis of hips,spine, shoulders & neck. She’ll be starting a rehab course next week and is hopeful while beginning to realise she’s in another phase of life. I’m trying to encourage her to get out & see people /do things while pacing herself, so offering a mix of encouragement, listening, understanding and advising. I’ve got 20 years’ experience of health issues to share and sometimes she listens!

@flourbaby I’m a huge fan of microwave mug cakes but not of refined sugar so have always made healthy ones. Since starting this WOL I’ve stopped having them as my weekly Friday night treat and now mainly make them for quick treats for colleagues with birthdays or people coming for tea.

Yesterday’s experimental fat-free/refined sugar-free/gluten-free/dairy-free Chocolate Banana and Lime cake was particularly delicious – light, well-risen, substantial, slightly sweet and v chocolatey! i combined 3 recipes found online with my supplies & ideas.

1 ripe banana
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 tsp honey (for my mother’s sweeter tooth – doesn’t like my healthy stuff!)
    4 tbsp plant milk (i used almond)
    4 tbsp raw cacao powder
    4 tbsp ground almonds
    2 tbsp coconut flour
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    c3 tbsp grated frozen lime*

Mix wet, mix dry, add together. Divide between 2 mugs for generous individual cakes or one pudding/soup bowl for a slightly bigger cutting cake. Microwave in bursts of one min until cooked. (Mugs took 2 mins, bowl usually 3-4mins).

I served it with slightly defrosted frozen berries (i think blueberry & blackberry?) bc I love the contrast of warm slightly sweet cake with cold juicy slightly tart berry.

Half the mixture = c350 calories per mug cake. You can bring it down by subbing the 4tbsp ground almonds with another 2tbspn coconut flour, tho will need to add extra plant milk for consistency.

For a celebration perhaps add chocolate icing – melted coconut oil, raw cacao & grated lime, a little plant milk – mixed well together then cooled in the fridge for a bit. Or a fudgy topping – add mashed avocado and leave out the plant milk? Yum!

*I freeze citrus fruit & grate them whole direct from the freezer – goes further, lasts longer & loads cheaper than buying them to use zest or juice, and everything’s easily digestible. Plus get them yellow stickered & freeze 🙂

Dunno what was wrong with the link for the May Challenge 🙁 Hope this one works for everyone rather than just me! 😉

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/may-2018-monthly-challenge-2/

Day 25 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

The past two days were LFD’s due to stress and hospital visits. I have realize that when I am under stress I don’t eat. Don’t feel hungry yet today. I stepped on the scale today and I am down 1.5lbs from the weekend gain of 1 pound. So I guess it really is only .5lbs down.

I feel the love and hugs here and thank you for the prayers. My brother has been diagnose with stage 5 kidney failure. Today is his 3 day of dialysis with little change in his levels. He will be having a biopsy of his kidneys in hope of find out why this happening.

If the good Lord, takes him home it will be a very sad day here on earth and a glorious day on the other side for him and our lost family. So many mixed emotions right now.

Go be love the world need you. Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Day 25 – USA – FD

Today’s pocket list:
    @anna6
    @metatauta

@Strawberriesandcream, here’s my choc. peanut butter fat bomb recipe: 1/4 cup peanut butter (low or no sugar), 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate, 1 tablespoon cocoa, 1/2 tsp. vanilla or clear stevia drops (or sweetener of your choice). Melt peanut butter and coconut oil, baking chocolate and cocoa (I use microwave), stir in sweetener, pour into ice cube tray or silicone molds, freeze a few hours until hardened. Each fat bomb: 88 calories, 8.77g total fat, 22mg sodium, 2.2g total carb, 1.1g dietary fiber, 1.7g protein. Net carbs: 1.1. Enjoy!

@stoic and @onlyhermes, way to go with your losses! @michelinme, all I can say is wow. You have a lot on your plate. You are so intelligently compartmentalizing each issue, and seem to be dealing with it all (think the guy on the old Ed Sullivan show spinning all the plates at one time) and yet, your patience and your overall love for your mom shines through!

Day 25 North Canton OH NFD.

@diana123 my heart goes out to you. hang in there; His eye is on the sparrow and I know He’s watching over your family.
    @michelinme I’m totally on board with May 🙂

Day 25 UK NFD

I totally forgot that I was supposed to be having a control day today so instead today has turned into a non fast Day, ooops! At least I’ve been getting my exercise done & eating healthily. I’m still hoping for a loss at weigh in on Saturday 🤞

Sending everyone love & positive vibes

Day 25, 2nd post,

@diana123 – My thoughts & prayers are with you & yours.

Thanks for the recipes @michelinme and @metatauta – I need the healthy alternatives to shop bought ‘treats’.

There’s a programme on tonight – Britain’s Fat Fight, BBC 1, 9pm, I just read the promoting article – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43838655 – where Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall said

“I thought I knew my weaknesses: cheese (and biscuits), chocolate (and puddings generally) and wine with my dinner.
    But it is still a shock when I work out that, in terms of calories, my weekly wine intake is roughly equivalent to 22 cans of coke.”

Been there, done that Hugh & I know, I shouldn’t laugh, but you ARE a chef!!!!! …………..………………….. just a little chuckle then!!!!

Onward & downwards folks!!!!!

Day 25 – SW WA USA – NFD

Glorious sunshine still!

@diana123 – yes, His eye is on the sparrow as @basyjames said and so much more on your brother. Will be praying!

@metatauta – TY for the Fat Bomb recipe. I’m really committing to eating more Keto stylings for a while along with the fasting. Need to move more weight.

Together we are stronger!

Day 25 – Atlanta, GA, USA – FD
    Day 24 – NFD

Day 25 UK FD

So this one meal a day plan has evolved into so far 3 in a row FD. Just about to break my 25 hour fast with veg and baked smoked fish. Feeling fine, hungry but fine. Will try for this again tomorrow and see how it goes!
    Onwards and downwards!

Day25 Belfast NFD. Sugar/refined carb free day. 🙂
    I’ve been MIA due to a busy schedule. I wonder how I ever had time to work? Working hard to rid myself of excess weekend baggage, but was a bit lazy this morning cos when the alarm went off, I turned over and went back to sleep instead of going swimming.🤭
    @Strawberries – sounds like a great weekend!
    @fivetwofan – I’m with you on the ‘diet weary’ front. I’ve so little to go now, but can’t just rustle up the enthusiasm. Onwards we go….
    @shinything and @daffodil2010 x I’m loving the Bulgarian kefir and yoghurt. Up to now the milk kefir I made was from grains, which I found a bit strong. I’m Interested in your lemon addition @daffodil. I’m going to give that a go.
    @rainbowsmile – you’re on fire! Wow!
    @michelinme- you’re well ahead of the game. If you want a job done, ask a busy woman! I so love how you are dealing with your mum. Cherish every moment with her.
    @diana123 you and your brother are in my thoughts and prayers.
    @Ciren and @coda – are you stalking from afar? Do pop in. Thinking of you.

Diving into the discussion about olive oil, I’m reading a book ‘the Pioppi Diet’ which essentially about a village in Italy, whose inhabitants are among the longest living in the world with no type 2 diabetes. It’s all down to the Mediterranean diet, lots of olive oil, very little sugar and keeping active. (And intermittent fasting). I use olive all the time, but am increasing my usage where I can.
    I’ve been in the doldrums for too long. I’ve had a serious evaluation of my eating habits. I have such a sweet tooth, and I find it hard to resist biscuits and sweets. I am cutting as much sugar, refined carbs and rubbish as possible, so I’m making myself accountable to you all for my sugar consumption.

Day 25, UK, NFD

I think I went over my TDEE again, and I feel I’ve had more salt than usual (I blame some pastries 😳 ) , so I’m definitely going to try and be disciplined on my FD tomorrow.

@metatauta I’m realising that many good foods have fallen out of favour in the last 50 years, but I think its due to us genetically modifying so many things and generally messing with nature that made them and our ability to proccess them different, and not in a better way I fear.

@daffodil2010 glad to hear you are getting better at making your own yoghurt and kefir, and thank you for the tip about lemon, I’ll try it 😀

@catch87 I hope you enjoy the street party and happy King’s Day 💃 , this WOL allows us to do things like that and that’s the great part. All you need to do is just continue where you left off later, once the party is over 🙂

@missybear how wonderful that you managed to create your ‘new normal’ , that’s where I want to be one day as well 🙂

@michelinme you will definitely benefit from making your own yoghurt if you are using it that much, plus this one is a healthy version, with cultures so it will be even more beneficial. I keep thinking about how happy my microbioms are every time I eat it 😂. Its hard when we see our parents slowly deteriorate, even if its a natural cause of life. My mum is just a bit younger and with many health issues as well. Sending you a virtual hug 🤗 Signed up for the May Challenge of course 😀

@diana123 I will have you and your family in my prayers. Stay strong *hugs*

@debster251 glad to hear you too are loving the Bulgarian kefir and yoghurt 😀
    Regarding olive oil … I read a little about the Pioppi Diet, and it affirms my belief that its healthy for us. Lard too 🙊 (had to say that haha) . I feel happy that I cut out sugar, vegetable oil and processed food from my diet, and I feel better for it, even if I’m still a tortoise when it comes to shifting weight 🐢

Its less than a week left of April challenge, and I keep thinking about our ‘missing’ friends here, I hope you guys are all ok. You know who you are.

Lets give a final push in April 💪

Day 26…NSW Australia…NFD
    Hi everyone!
    Just checking in.
    Have a wonderful day!

Day 25 – Iceland – NFD

@michelinme – I make my own coconut yoghurt with this very easy two-ingredient recipe: https://minimalistbaker.com/easy-2-ingredient-coconut-yogurt/ I do use Renew Life probiotic capsules as recommended in the recipe and any full fat coconut milk which contains guar gum (tried once without and it did separate a bit). It is very easy and delicious🙂
    @flourbaby – thanks for the tv recommendation and article, sounds very interesting!

Day 26 FD country west Australia
    Yesterday was a NFD due to breakfasts after 2 Anzac services ( our choir sang at both )
    Looking forward to mainly liquid today.
    So good to be back in routine.
    Re lard, when I was a child my mother used to strain the fat off roasts and other meat dishes. She saved it in a tin in the fridge. It went hard and white and she used it in cooking. Delicious flavour.

I’m not sure what we are doing with our food these days but this week I ate some apples straight off a friend’s tree.
    They tasted UNBELIEVABLE and just like apples used to tasted when we were kids – unlike the tasteless orbs we have these days which can be up to 18 months old due to gassing fruit and keeping it in controlled atmosphere.
    @Strawberriesandcream I am now back on track but was certainly up the creek for a while!!
    @diana123 thoughts and prayers still with you and yours.
    As you say, if your brother does pass away he will be going to a better place. But very emotional times either way.

To everyone – Make today the best day it can be, given your particular circumstances.
    Don’t strive for perfection – strive for excellence.🤗

Day 26 – Japan – NFD 80.6kg

Feeling for those facing health issues. Life is short and precious.

Day 25 2nd post CNFD

Feeling sad my brother was diagnose today with Multiple Myeloma, it is a cancer of the blood that they say is treatable. It has caused his kidney failure, they need to get his kidneys functioning in order to do the treatment for the cancer. He may need a kidney transplant before they can start the treatment for the cancer. They will be doing a bone marrow biopsy on Monday. Feeling sick about this tonight so I did not eat all day guess my CDNF turned into another LFD.

Together we are stronger

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Final FD of the week, and 2nd last for April. As there is a weekend trip to the UK with celebratory drinks and dinner planned there is not a hope that April target will be met. Where was I going with a 5lb target loss for the month? Thats all I need to get to my ultimate goal so slowly goes it. I will do an LFD on Monday and then on into May ☺️

@ ShinyThing and @debster251 a slice of lemon popped into the yoghurt and kefir after first fermentation does make a smoother creamier taste. Take the lemon out after a few hours though as it does get sharper if left in. I have also been experimenting with organic agave syrup (as recommended by Ivo on that site) and it provides a sweetness when you need it.
    And my guts have never been happier 😄

@lilymartinI totally agree that home grown apples are completely different to the “blobs” we buy. My little apple tree is only starting to blossom now but I look forward to Autumn and its Apple bounty.

@diana123 so very sorry to hear the news of your brother. Take care of yourself during this very stressful time. All of us here on the forum are standing behind you giving you virtual hugs, and prayers and good thoughts.

Pocket list day 26 – Together we are stronger
    @daffodil2010
    @lilymartin

Viewing 50 posts - 951 through 1,000 (of 1,171 total)

You must be logged in to reply.