All Aboard for Audacious August 2022โ€ฆ31 days, 1 day at a time challenge!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
All Aboard for Audacious August 2022โ€ฆ31 days, 1 day at a time challenge!

This topic contains 341 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  matpi 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 342 total)

• Day 8 UK FD
    Day 7 UK NFD

Yesterday was not a CD as it contained vegan ice cream and chocolate rice cakes! Miraculously I weighed in at 80kg again today but I suspect an upswing is in my near future.

I slept very badly and woke up wiped out and in tons of pain. Long covid is rearing its ugly head after a few weeks of respite – fatigue, postural tachycardia, peripheral neuropathy, burning joint & nerve pain, cognitive impairment. I’ve made the wise decision to rest up and look after myself today and think about projects and deadlines tomorrow after a good night’s sleep, getting up early and resting in the heat of the day.

FD late lunch was marmite tea followed by yogurt and berries with raw cacao (to make it feel like a treat); early supper will be egg salad. For once i’ve had no problem drinking plenty of water bc it’s 28C here and feels hotter. If my pain levels go down/energy up I’ll try some adapted yoga this evening before bed, another of my August challenge goals for this month. Nothing makes me feel better than proper self-care and gentle progress

@linda.b yes, really good to spend some fun time with DD after the last few years. We went to Paris together in Feb 2020 and had an excellent time other than me catching covid. This was the first thing that felt like fun since then.
    @funshipfreddie good luck with your house hunting
    @missybear well done for making such a good start to the August challenge
    @brightonbelle hope you have a lovely time away for DH’s birthday
    @peonylover welcome to the August challenge
    @babs_b I’m with you on snacking – and will also be closing the kitchen after supper!
    @gardenlily sounds like a wonderful time in Scotland with your family

Pocket list Day 08
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear
    @linda.b
    @michelinme

Day 8, FD, Scotland

I realised last night I go on a bit of a rollercoaster on this diet, Monday – Friday i feel brill, and slim/trim. But come Sunday I feel like a big slob! I was thinking what could I do to stop that feeling, I could add a gym sesh at the weekend, but i do gym Monday -Friday which I think is plenty. But I think a gym sesh would prevent that slob feeling. So that may be on the cards this weekend.

Vegan salad for lunch and a low cal piri piri chicken for dinner, body attack after work !

Heres to a good week everyone

Day 8 – UK Cam – FD
    Another hot day, especially working in the Gardens (volunteering) in full sun. Decided to do a FD today as no food around where I work and easy to monitor what I consume (until I get home …). Drank gallons of water and wore a grove in the path to the loo! Lunch was egg salad (all homegrown salad, even the red bell pepper) and supper was tuna salad (too hot to cook anything) but added a couple of anchovies and sprinkle of parmesan shavings to jazz it up a little. Salads in greenhouse now all gone and forgot to get fresh plants before going to Scotland so now have to BUY salad – serves me right. Off to buy more lettuce plants tomorrow, provided the nursery has any left – I like a mix of types so I can cut & come again.

@funshipfreddie – hope you can find somewhere to rent/lease soon and Boo Boo can join you.

@Ihatelettuce – we first went to Scotland on our honeymoon and have been going just about every year since (and that was in the 1970s)! We love the Western Highlands and Coastline but usually base ourselves in Perthshire so we can go in all directions. We’ve walked up a fair few Munros too – the poor kids went up their first when they were 5 & 7 yrs (I think it was Schehallion, the Fairy Mountain).

Today’s trivia – off the top of my head: tangerine, orange and lemon?

Determined not to give in to the dragon tonight – end of FD can be hard, when the belly grumbles. I shall immerse myself in the book club read – The Accidental Tourist – which I must hurry up and finish.

Pocket List
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @IHateLettuce
    @penz

Day 8 FD 800

Day 9, NFD, Aus

One day at a time!

Welcome (back) @peonylover.

Day 9 FD AUS

How is it day 9 already??

Friday’s FD was followed by an overly relaxed weekend, so I am wondering whether the FD800 plan works a little better that 500 cal days for my eating habits and metabolism.

I am still sitting on 55.1k, as I have been for the past couple of weeks.

Time to get a little closer to goal! Only 1.5k away. I can now button up my smallest and most expensive pair of pants, just, but sitting down in them might split the seams! I have motivation to keep on course this month . . .

Day 8 Ohio, US — MFD
    Days 6 and 7 — NFD

Over the weekend eating stayed on plan. Up til this evening the fasting has gone well, but after “supper” there was a big energy drain. We’re having a major front line, along with some good sized thunderstorms, passing through and it sometimes happens that a strong shift in atmospheric pressure can throw off the electrolyte balance in my body. At least I think that is what has happened.

Pocket List
    @michelinme
    @missybear
    @IHateLettuce
    @penz
    @mariaelena
    @matpi

Day 09 โ€“ Tuesday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ FUN DAY (FD)B2B ๐ŸŽน๐ŸŽป๐Ÿฅ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽน๐ŸŽป๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿ“ฏ๐ŸŽผ

@michelinme … this rebounding/long COVID is wicked!๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿค” I was reading an article that the most represented are females late 40 to late 50s. I wonder if it is because women in this age bracket are the probably the busiest cohort of people and somehow that is an underlying factor? Just thinking aloud as when I read it I was thinking that fits my DD who is the same cohort and an extremely busy person. So good to read that you are taking extra good care of yourself๐Ÿ˜Š

@peonylover… glad to have you on board again and thanks for telling us about your previous successes…. and a little about yourself. ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜€ You’ve reminded us that sometimes we forget that losing weight is not actually the goal… the goal is really about regaining our optimum health… losing weight is just one of the consequential benefits.๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช

@goal10kg – you are such a stellar exerciser!โญ Just a thought, maybe instead of the gym on the weekend, you could organise a long walk or run with some galpals … bonus catchup with pals with some fresh air exercise thrown in?

@funshipfreddie… hope you have some good news today….we’ve all got our fingers crossed for you ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž

I can see from everyone’s posts that you are maintaining maximum enthusiasm as we dive into week 2.

Have to get on with some work but thanks for your very interesting posts one and all!

Oops forgot the trivia!

โญYesterdayโ€™s Trivia – Day 08 (oops, see that I misnumbered it yesterday!)
    A tangelo is a cross between which three fruits?
    Tangerine, Grapefruit, Orange ๐ŸŠ

โญTodayโ€™s TRIVIA (Day 09)
    Olivia Newton-John sadly passed today. Name her first hit single and her first movie? ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต

cheerie dearies

Thought for the day:
    Dear Stomach, youโ€™re bored not hungry. So shush for just one day!

Pocket List โ€“ Day 09 ๐ŸŽฏ
    @linda.b

Day 9 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD
    Running late and haven’t caught up with page 3 so will try later.

Suffice to say that FD Friday was a good one, I saw below 164 on Saturday and DH breached the 240’s and is in 230 land. So good we plan to do it again this Friday with an FD then a long motorbike trip on Saturday. The weather is just too good not to be out there ๐Ÿ˜€and to be able to plan for the weekend with guaranteed sunshine, practically unheard of in Ireland.

Sad stories of dementia and Alzheimer’s. May you all be strong.

Day 9 – South Africa – NFD

@peonylover – welcome back!

@linda.b – sad news re Olivia Newton-John. I saw the news just before I went to sleep last night. I was surprised by how sad I felt. I never heard or read a bad word about her. First hit – ‘I honestly love you?’ First hit movie – ‘Grease’? Trivia question for you; in which country was she born? (not Australia).

@missybear – yes, Boo Boo will finally have a garden. I’ve signed an application form to rent a – well – doesn’t look much like a cottage. It’s like something from the Beverly Hillbillies – before they discovered the oil ๐Ÿ˜…

@brightonbelle – well done! I got it in 4 yesterday. I’m not having much luck with houses or Wordle recently; down to 96% ๐Ÿ™„

@babs_b, @michelinme, @gardenlily- thank you. Boo Boo is not happy right now, but she will be before the end of the month. Her neighbour in the cattery is a gorgeous ginger tom called Jacob, & all Boo Boo can do is hiss at him. She’s such a brat ๐Ÿ˜…

Fast Day for me tomorrow, maybe? Public holiday here today – Women’s Day -to commemorate a march on the Union Buildings in ’56 by 20,000 brave ladies to protest against apartheid legislation.

@linda.b
    @litprof

Day 9, NFD (CD), Scotland

Thanks for saying im a stellar excerciser ! I find i exercise more now I work from home, as i just need to get out the house! And it also gives hubby a bit of home alone time, which i think is important too. Yes, a walk sounds like a fab idea, and weather to be good this weekend too.

My FD went well yesterday, im really into the groove of the FD’s now. Its not hard not to eat, my mind just knows I cant, I eat my lunch and my dinner and thats it! I’ve just prepped sausage casserole for dinner tonight, and ive added…..a wee spoonful of marmite! Bit risky as im not sure if hubby likes marmite but i wont tell him of course ๐Ÿ™‚ I usually add a wee drop of hp sauce so i thought the marmite might add a wee something nice to it.

Body attack after work. I usually muck up and drink wine on a Tuesday evening but im thinking of getting one of those mini bottles, as ill enjoy that but its not excessive, yes i think ill do that.

See ya’ll tomorrow and have a good day.

PS I know where ONJ was born! I was surprised, both hubby and I were like what?!

Day 9 – USA/GA – NFD (OMAD)

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. I need to act differently if I expect different results. Going to try for an OMAD today, although it’s a celebration lunch at work.

Day 9 Wales CD

Good FD yesterday although I was hungry at bedtime, typically not hungry on waking and didnโ€™t feel the need to eat until 11.30am. I am finding the measuring and logging of food tedious but it is proving worthwhile as it is showing me how much I have been slipping up on portion control, this morningโ€™s measure of 20g of nuts was a revelation, so I will continue logging for the duration of this challenge.

@funshipfreddie glad to hear Boo Boo will soon be back in your company. Our elderly puss is in her 19th year and despite sleeping much of the day she is a marvellous companion ๐Ÿ˜ป

@matpi interesting how weather conditions affect our bodies, I get what I refer to as โ€˜storm headโ€™, a kind of pressure buildup headache and sinus pain which clears immediately the clouds break.

@linda.b sad to hear about Olivia, she was a favourite of mine in my teens. I would guess her first hit was โ€˜If not for youโ€™ and the first film I recall seeing her in was โ€˜Greaseโ€™.

Aiming for a solid CD today, intake is planned and logged.
    Have a good day everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 9 UK CD

Successful FD yesterday! Alleluia. Feel a bit more human after 3 days rest and slept much better last night – tick.

My 84 yo mother is coming to tea this afternoon despite the heat. That will give some shape to my otherwise firefighting day. Project stuff has really built up while I’ve been resting and trying not to be utterly overwhelmed at the load in front of me. Now need to write a To Do list rather than tackling it like forest fires!

I’ve not thought much about today’s food which can be a bit dangerous! I’ve got mangoes, peaches, strawberries and vegan ice cream to share with my mother shortly in lieu of tea and biscuits. Then lots of salad in to eat up before this week’s veg box arrives overnight, so salad supper it is – perhaps with eggs and vegan tuna.

Wishing strength to today’s fasters – you’ve got this!

Day 9 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD
    Day 8 – NFD

Yesterday was a delightful day. I slept until 8, rolled out of bed and was in my overalls and outside doing yard work by 8:05, where I worked in my perennial bed until noon. It looks better than it ever has and I keep going to the window and looking out, celebrating how much I accomplished. Then I had to run to the grocery store, and get cleaned up, and do some house tidying, and then the boys came up for dinner because they brough some peonies DS25 dug up for me because he doesn’t want them in his yard. We had a lovely dinner, lively chatter, and then at 8pm DS25 and I went outside to dig up the two blackberry bushes I have that don’t get enough sun, and they’re in the sunniest location I have. It was very strange to be “gardening” at 8pm, but very lovely to be working with my son, and the blackberries are gone and the transplanted peonies are looking happy this morning. Not an optimal time to transplant, but you do what you have to do when your son is out of patience to get something out of his yard, right? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿฅฐ

You know, ever since I read Jason Fung’s book and learned that it’s not a simple “calories in/calories out” equation, and really digested the whole Keto thing where calories are not a straightforward part of the equation, I’ve been subconsciously explaining to myself that I don’t lose weight if I reduce calories, that calories don’t actually matter.

Yup. That’s what I figured out in the last couple of days. Beyond that I love to cook–evidenced by last night’s dinner, when beans and weanies could have sufficed–I have been sabotaging my efforts on other days by my subconscious idiocy. (I spent a long time trying out various words there; this one is harsh, but seems the most accurate.) So I have my work cut out for me, to rethink that subconscious thought and get my mind on board.

@missybear I can’t even imagine not weighing myself for a month; more power to you!

Thanks to everyone for the kind words re MIL, and @linda.b that had to have been so very awful for you with your own mom. My own was 96 when she died and had some dementia at the very end, but remained sweet and kind the whole time.

And, to the trivia question, since I’m late to the game, I’m going to say out loud: salt and pepper??

@gardenlily Awww, what a lovely time you described in Scotland; thanks for sharing!

@funshipfreddie Yeah, that explanation makes sense…and bummer on losing the one you were ready to buy! Good luck finding one you love even more. Great article; thanks.

@peonylover Welcome! I love that 5:2 is helpful for you in taming diabetes, and we’re delighted to have you join us.

Ahhh, I wondered if salt was a spice. Mustard, huh? That sort of startles me…but not once I think about it. Maybe. Tangelo? That one I know!!!

@northgeorgia Each of us has someone dementia has hit, huh? How old was your grandma when she passed?

I’m certain I’ve missed someone I was going to reply to once I’d read all the comments, but I can’t remember who/what. Oh well, eh?

DH is off to the eye doctor and wants me there to help him choose new glasses, so must water the garden and get out the door; talk to you all later!!

@linda.b
    @litprof
    @stitchincarol

Day 9 – 16:8

The news is so sad. Olivia Newton John had 3 albums in the early 70โ€™s that were a large part of the musical soundtrack of my life. My parents were very much into folk music, singer/songwriterโ€™ โ€˜soft rockโ€™ and show tunes. I adored her from the start and her performance in Grease cemented that. I still have those vinyl records. My father particularly adored women singers of the time – Olivia, Buffy Sainte Marie, Bonnie Koloc, Carole King etc. He will be very saddened by the news.

I was often in charge of the record player when papa did carpentry projects, Oliviaโ€™s albums were a favourite. Weโ€™d sing and hum along. An obscure song called โ€œthe Riverโ€™s Too Wideโ€™ is probably my favourite.

I had trouble posting here yesterday- it said I triggered the spam filter, but I canโ€™t imagine why. Post lost and I didnโ€™t have time to recreate. @stitchincarol I was musing about the full flavor dishes I now cook with all my nutritional substitutions (like a bed of broccoli and cauliflower instead of rice/ pasta or my stew which has become a veg and bean stew with some meat that had been a hearty beef stew with some veg). I have made a game of figuring out how to still get the full flavor and satiety of a dish I love, but bring the nutritional value (and coincidentally lower the carb/calories) to the max. Truly, I think the โ€˜gamificationโ€™ of cooking is partly what keeps my mojo high all week. It contributes ti a positive attitude all week about healthier and not overindulgent eating on NFD. I donโ€™t know it that thought will spark with your thoughts, but maybe it is helpful to someone.

@linda.b I guessed pepper, knew salt was a mineral but failed as I thought garlic would take the second spice slot. I only know two of the Tangelo sources. I love your trivia questions!

We have a repair person to arrive soon, so I have to scoot.

Good thoughts to all.

Day 9 – UK – FD500

An indulgent time off the forum I’m afraid but back to it today with definitely a strong FD500 – I CAN DO THIS!!

Last week I managed Mon – FD300 Tues-Thurs – CDs but then Fri-Sun were feast days all round but back to it today!

A brisk 12.5km hike this morning with 365m elevation gained in 2.5hrs – definitely worked up a sweat and a few calories as it’s a beautiful and hot summer’s day here.

@litprof – welcome back – you know what to do and will get to your goal – stick with us ๐Ÿค—
    @anicecupoftea – you could try a couple of OMAD but make sure that you enjoy your holiday and then get back to this WOL on your return
    @gardenlily – lovely to see your post – sounds like the Scottish break was a good one!
    @michelinme – good to hear that your DD is doing well and what a treat to get to Commonwealth Games together
    @penz – I suspect that MOJO is just lurking round the corner and you will grab hold of it soon
    @i-hate-lettuce – great to see your post – you are a great advert for our WOL and an inspiration to many
    @peonylover – what a lovely name – I love peonies – welcome
    @linda.b – I’m afraid I had to look up todayโ€™s TRIVIA question ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ and @funshipfreddie she was born in the UK

@linda.b
    @litprof
    @stitchincarol
    @at

I’m reminding myself that โ€œIf I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am nowโ€

Day 9 – UK Cam – NFD
    Quick check in today – been busy with allotment plot – designing a water catcher device (very Heath Robinson affair) – DH very amused, reminded me that we first need some rain … Foodwise, on a NFD so not counting calories. Berries & yogurt to start the day, grilled tomatoes on rye sourdough for lunch and quorn korma with cauliflower rice and brocolli for dinner – reasonably healthy. Not sure the low-fat coconut milk was worth it – sauce very thin, despite adding a good handful of lentils along with all the extra veggies (sweet potato and red pepper etc) to give it a bit of body. Tasted great, just a bit ‘thin’. Made enough for 4 so will freeze left-over portions. Much cooler outside right now so will take cuppa out into garden and watch the stars come out.

Keep up the hard work, everyone, it IS worth it.

Day 10, NFD, Aus

We had our regular pub trivia outing last night and we did appallingly. Your questions aren’t helping my self-belief in my intelligence, @linda.b!!! Seriously, keep ’em up. I do know that ONB’s first movie was not Grease but apart from that I’m stumped for the answers.

Have been enjoying everyone’s posts, esp @funshipfreddie‘s description of his new abode. Maybe you’ll strike oil!

Day 10 โ€“ Wednesday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD)๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐Ÿช๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ

@daffodil2010…. so good to hear your success with Friday’s FD for you and DH! Your motorcycle trip sounds like a load of fun especially with the good weather predicted. It will be your reward for this coming Friday’s FD… Go girl๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

@funshipfreddie… yes, after the ONJ news I think there was a collective sigh around the world…. So young! Her contribution to research on the war on cancer is her forever legacy to us all. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡ It is very sad and you are quite right that even with the vicious and defamatory world wide media, you never ever, ever heard a bad word about her.๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡ On another note.. so good you’ve found a home for BooBoo and you for a while!โœ…

@goal10kg … funny about “a wee spoonful of marmite!” Reminded me that my mother used to put a tablespoon of Vegemite into the Bolognaise …. yep!…. added a sort of salty, beefy flavour! Vegemite is an Aussie thing not unlike Marmite๐Ÿ˜‹

@northgeorgia… hope your OMAD went well and you’re back on board! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

@missybear … your trivia answers are both correct!๐Ÿคฉ Good for you being so methodical with the measuring and logging… The nice thing about IF is that it is really up to you to find what works for you… and you are doing it in spades! You have worked out a method and a plan and you are sticking to it.. Excellent approach!โญโญโญ

@michelinme … good work on your FD yesterday…especially when you weren’t feeling 100%. That fruit and icecream with your mum sounds just delicious….. much better and more delectable than boggy scones! ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒŸ

@stitchincarol … you are such an awesome contributor๐ŸŒŸโญ๐ŸŒžโญ…. it’s interesting following your musings about how to approach IF in a way that works for you. You are so lucky to have those willing hands to help with the garden after dinner…most DSs wouldn’t want to be digging and planting after dinner… sounds like you have the garden under control now!

@mariaelena… thanks for sharing such lovely memories around ONJ… it is absolutely true that we find ourselves singing along with all her songs.. and always takes us back to a time and place when we first enjoyed a particular song. I love that you said about “โ€˜gamificationโ€™ of cooking”… it resonates with me exactly… ie working out how to put more veg and less processed carbs into our dishes…. thank you for putting it into words.โญ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒžโ˜€๐ŸŒžโญ Especially the “not overindulgent eating on NFD”, we all need to keep that in mind!๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

@at ….you’re back! we missed you… that hike sounds fabulous! ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ You are back with a plan..”strong FD500 โ€“ I CAN DO THIS” … YES YOU CAN! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

@gardenlily …. have you spied my tent in the bottom of your garden yet?? Your home grown fresh foods so, so delicious! Maybe someone will have a suggestion re the thin low fat coconut cream. I didn’t even know there was such a thing. ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท

@penz… My answer re ONJ was sourced off the font of all wisdom..the internet…. could it be wrong? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ƒ Did you find that mojo? It can’t be too far away… we need you back on track with us… spring (Australia) is coming! ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป

Tried to respond to everyone today…. so many of us!…. but may have missed a couple…. don’t be offended if I did… we are all with you!

โญYesterdayโ€™s Trivia (Day 09)
    Olivia Newton-John sadly passed today. Name her first hit single and her first movie?
    A wistful cover version of Bob Dylan’s โ€œIf Not for You.โ€ and Grease

โญTodayโ€™s TRIVIA (Day 10)
    Which one of these drinks has the most calories???
    12 ounces of beer๐Ÿป๐Ÿบ
    12 ounces of cola๐Ÿฅค๐Ÿฅค
    5 ounces of wine๐Ÿท๐Ÿท

cheerie dearies

Thought for the day:
    THINK โ€“ IDEA โ€“ TRY โ€“ DO โ€“ DO AGAIN โ€“ AND AGAIN โ€“ KEEP DOING = SUCCESS โœ…โœ…โœ…

Pocket List โ€“ Day 10 ๐ŸŽฏ
    @funshipfreddie

Day 10 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Steady weight loss for me, and DH powering along with a 10lb loss so far and already feeling it in his clothes. It really is motivational doing the plan together, although me being a lady of a certain age it’s much much slower for me, but it’s happening.

Oh all those memories of Olivia Newton John. I was 9 when Grease came out and loved loved loved her. I still bop about to Xanadu whenever I hear it. So sad, she was so young. So what country was she born in then?

@linda.b I would have to say it’s Cola for the calories ? Please let it be so as I do drink wine and beer ๐Ÿ˜†

Happy hump day ๐Ÿซ

Day 10 – UK – FD800

Slept like a log last night after a successful FD500 yesterday – must have been that walk!!!

Anyway woke up feeling very positive this morning – enjoying a cup of tea whilst I log on here ๐Ÿซ–

Will be leaving just before 9am to drive 1hr so that I can join/help DD on her dog walking business – 4 walks of 1hr each planned apparently – that should keep the step counts up again today…….

As I will be out for most of the day – I’m aiming to make it a FD800…..

@linda.b – Trivia question – won’t it depend on what type of beer and wine???

Anyhow must go and get organised as I have about 1/2hr before I have to leave the house

Happy sunshiny day to all!

Day 10 – South Africa – FD

@linda.b – well, you made it easy for me! I’ve been debating with myself as to whether I should fast today or tomorrow. But I’m on a pocket list already, so it’s a no-brainer ๐Ÿคช My appetite has returned with a vengeance now that the most stressful part of my move is over with.

@daffodil2010 – ONJ was born in Cambridge in the UK. I was watching the report on Sky News last night. At the end of it, they showed the scene at the end of the Grease movie, where she’s driving off in the Thunderbird with John Travolta. She turns around & waves goodbye as she looks directly into the camera. So poignant.

@missybear – 19?! That’s a great age for a cat. Boo Boo is pushing 8 – but still thinks she’s a kitten. She’s certainly not getting any wiser with age ๐Ÿ˜…

Trivia answer – 12 oz beer?

@funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010
    @at

Day 10 – USA/GA – NFD (ZBC)

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. I have to catch up later; a little late this morning… grrr…tomorrow will be a FD

Day 10-No. VA, USA-FD
    Hello to all. Normally would do fast day tomorrow, but am going to do one today, due to general non-compliance with the plan this month. I sabotage my efforts in the evenings, most days. Knowing that, one would think I could avoid that problem. But….I am taking inspiration from those of you with more determination!

Day 10, FD, Scotland

Hey everyone, exact same meals today as on Monday. And grit strength class after work. The weather is glorious here, currently in the garden on my lunch break. Lounging on a lounger, it is bliss. I felt good this morning, I’m really feeling trimmer and feel like I’m getting a better shape. Hope the scales agree with me tomorrow!

Day 10 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

The water fast went fine yesterday, I’m down 3.6lbs this morning (clearly, much of that was simply bloat from the wonderful meal on Monday evening with the boys), and now I’m trying to figure out my meals for today; I always do much better when I have a solid plan/menu.

I’ve been thinking hard about taming that ridiculous voice that says calories don’t matter–I know they do–and taming the inner dragon that eats so wildly on weekends, and especially on Sundays. No great solutions yet, but I may be making progress, we’ll see.

@northgeorgia You and I have both been stuck in a rut for awhile now. I’ve been–VERY reluctantly–considering committing to logging all my food on MFP, as it will certainly open my eyes, and I’ve also found that I sometimes don’t eat something just because it’s simpler not to eat than to find it and log it. Have you ever used MFP?? Perhaps that’s the simple change that will help you take back control.

@missybear You’re a natural weather forecaster, eh? That has to be miserable!

@michelinme I always smile to think of your mom coming to tea; I’m sure it’s a joy to share those times with her.

@mariaelena It makes me happy to read of how you’re approaching cooking, but when I try to imagine incorporating “gamification” of cooking into my life, I know it won’t happen. I’m too much on the run–and love my two WFs each week–to cook daily, so when I do cook, I want to do all the “fancy/gourmet” stuff I couldn’t do when the kids were little and when our budget was so much tighter. I will, however, have your approach in the back of my mind to prompt changes here and there, so do continue to share as you’re inclined to do so.

@at You’re the one I most noticed when I first joined the forum back in 2015 … Okay, that’s not true. Curious, I just looked it up, and while I did 5:2 in 2015, I did it on my own, and got down to 137. I first joined a monthly challenge in June 2018. Okay, and my point is that it’s always been obvious how STRONG you are, both physically because of your exercising and mentally because of losing the weight and maintaining. I’m also very strong–well, mentally, LOL–but we’re both off track and have forgotten how to tap into that strength, haven’t we?

@gardenlily “Grilled tomatoes on rye sourdough” … Wow. I’ve never thought to grill a tomato for a sandwich; do you put anything else on it other than, I assume, mayonnaise?

@linda.b You are such an excellent cheerleader; thank you! As to the trivia, I’m guessing it’s beer, which is close to 200 if you like an IPA as I do, because I think a regular cola is 150…yes?

@daffodil2010 Did you notice what you wrote today? “Steady weight loss for me.” Whatever you’re doing, it’s working, because I don’t recall you ever making that statement! Well, well, well done!!

@funshipfreddie I love hearing a more peaceful you behind your posts; so glad your big move is behind you, as I’m thinking the move to a different place in a few months will be more less stressful.

@excelsior12309 Good to hear from you! Yeah, sabotaging ourselves happens regularly. Try this: if you make someone a promise, you keep it, right? Because you take your promises seriously? Then promise yourself that you’ll _______________ whatever it is. And then keep the promise. Start small, if you think that will help, but make a promise and then KEEP the promise.

You know who else we’re missing? @emma-taylor! She had such great success with the Ridiculously Big Salad, and went AWOL; if you’re reading this, we miss you!

Okay, I’m off to get a perm. I know it’s not the current fashion, but DH loves those tight curls, so I do it. ๐Ÿฅฐ

Have a grand one, everyone!

@funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @excelsior12309
    @goal10kg

Day 10 – FD 800

Accountability: Weight steady.

We got rain yesterday afternoon and the daytime temp dipped into the 70ยฐโ€™s! What a joyous interlude!

@linda.b I assume the cola has the highest calorie count, but Iโ€™ll be interested to know the facts!

@stitchincarol – I applaud the plan/ menu strategy- I find it is a key for me.

@dafodil2010 that is great to hear you and DH both doing well with the weight loss and wonderful support for each other!

@linda.b I do so enjoy when my tweaking recipes results in a healthier result but doesnโ€™t sacrifice the taste. My latest happy discovery is that baby carrots in the BBQ pork and bean dish make it even better than the original recipe! Any ingredient swaps work out especially well for you?

@michelleinme how was lunch with your mother? Iโ€™m intrigued by vegan ice cream! Iโ€™d love to try that.

I found a wonderful food hack – my favourite yogurt flavour is coffee- but only one brand I have ever seen makes it and it isnโ€™t a Greek yogurt (which is what I have take to buying because the higher protein). But add instant expresso powder to vanilla flavored Greek yogurt and ummm! I matched the flavour.

Well the hot day calls to me. Lots to do. Wishing everyone well.

@funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @excelsior12309
    @goal10kg
    @mariaelena

Day 11 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning all,

Early on the list for Thursday’s Fast Day, as going to be a hot one, so I’m having an early start to avoid the midday heat.

Take care all

Pocket list day 11
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 11, NFD, Aus

Yesterday turned out to be an unexpected โ€“ and easy FD. Yay! So Iโ€™ll just do a CD today.

@linda.B โ€“ Iโ€™d hate to suggest the internet could be wrong (!) but I think ONJโ€™s first movie was an Aussie one from 1965 called Funny Things Happen Down Under.

Iโ€™m also hoping the correct answer is cola โ€“ Iโ€™d much prefer to drink beer or wine and feel smug that I was making a smarter calorie choice!

Day 11 โ€“ Thursdayโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ FUN DAY (FD)๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐ŸŽท๐ŸŽบ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ

This will be a shorter post… work to do!

@daffodil2010 & @at …… YOU ARE DOING IT!!!! YOU STARS! โญโญโญ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

@funshipfreddie… you’re welcome! Hope the FD was a goodie!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š
    @northgeorgia… got you on the pocket list ready to go! Make it a goodie!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜

@excelsior12309 …. we missed you… yes, absolutely take all the inspiration you can from our little band of postees. Evening snacking sabotages our best efforts of the day…. ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰

Wondering that we have a new topic here for today: Can we all share some of our special tips for specifically reining in the evening dragon ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰for all of us? Collective wisdom needed!๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ
    My special tip is: If it isn’t there, I can’t eat it.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ

@goal10kg …… YOU ARE DOING IT!!!! YOU STAR! โญโญโญ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

@stitchincarol… as you are one the more experienced posters, it’s so good to read your thoughts on life, the universe and everything.๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„ I’m posing a question for you to considerโ“….in 2015 you had great success..is it possible to replicate your method then to nowโ“ Maybe you could resolve to follow that 2015 routine exactly for just one month to see if it still might work for you…. You had such fantastic results in 2015, so something must have been good about it!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿฅฐ Just a thought๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

@mariaelena… your home made flavoured Greek yoghurt hack sounds fantastic…. ie add instant expresso powder to vanilla flavored Greek yogurt for yummm! What a treat for the coffee lovers! โ˜•โ˜•โ˜•โ˜• Tweaking recipes…. yes definitely way to go! We must eat after all and so we adapt to suit our WOL!

@i hate lettuce…. you’re on the pocket list already for Day 11….. I love a man with a plan! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

@penz… the internet wrong???? whodathunk! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿฅด Don’t you just love an accidental FD? Gives you an unexpected case of PFDS (Post FD Smug!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚). I wouldn’t dare to disagree with you re ONJ….. it’s just patter for a bit of fun and chit chat after all.

ooops! this post didn’t get sent… my internet playing up today! Try again!๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž

Re the trivia folks…. caveat lector applies!๐Ÿง๐Ÿค“๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

โญYesterdayโ€™s Trivia – Day 10?
    Which one of these drinks has the most calories???
    12 ounces of beer๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ
    12 ounces of cola
    5 ounces of wine

12 ounces of beer๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ
    Beer comes in first at 153 calories. Twelve ounces of cola comes in second at 136 calories, and five ounces of red wine typically has 123 calories.
    ***** obviously many variables to this answer and not set in concrete! ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿคช๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
    After all, I don’t check the questions and answers, I just steal them!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜

โญToday’s Trivia – Day 11
    Music streaming service Spotify originated in which country?

cheerie dearies

Thought for the day:
    Itโ€™s your body and your choice.

Pocket List โ€“ Day 11 …. who’s onboard today?๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚
    @northgeorgia
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @linda.b

Day 11 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

On the list for today, slow and steady will win the race. I am averaging 1.5 lb loss per week, DH averaging 4.5lbs per week…..but it’s slooooowly going, and while I really do enjoy those BIG drops after an LFD for example, this new method of extra protein and no sugary carbs is suiting me so on we go.

@stitchincarol….I was only thinking of @emma-taylor yesterday. Her travel tales used to be great, and she also had great book recommendations and interesting things to try….I remember it was she that got me into the whole earthing/grounding which I still do every day. Wonder how she is now?

Weather is so excellent this week. And it’s so wonderful to lounge in my garden in the evening with the tree lilies and nicotiana in full flower, and the evening scent from those flowers is heady and intoxicating…and just watching all the bees, and moths, and hover flies going from plant to plant sucking up the nectar, while overhead the martins and swallows are skimming about with their cheeky chirrup, hoovering up all the evening insects….its glorious.

Hope everyone in Ireland and UK is enjoying this lovely August weather.

Wondering where @jaifaim is these days?

Have a great Thursday. Pocket list for me too!

Day 11, NFD (CD), Scotland

Yessss! Ive lost more weight! I didnt weight myself last week as I got up on the Thursday and had something to eat and a cup of coffee then thought oh shoot ive not weighed myself! And as silly as it sounds, i didnt want to weigh myself after eating! But maybe weighing every two weeks is the way forward for me, as i see more progress!!! Im BUZZING ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 11 – South Africa – NFD

PFDS for me! @linda.b – it was a goodie ๐Ÿ˜Š

@daffodil2010 – 1.5 lb loss per week?! That’s 6 lb per month, doesn’t get much better than that!

Re trivia question, I cheated. Would never have guessed that in a month of Sundays ๐Ÿ˜…

Okay, must dash. Boo Boo’s on hunger strike, refusing to eat the dry cattery food. So I’m taking her some Whiskas. Just wondering if my visiting her is just making her more unsettled.

With the recent topic of dementia, I thought some of us would find this article interesting:-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11099277/The-best-ways-ward-dementia-revealed-according-science.html

Sending RESOLVE to the Thursday fasters! ๐Ÿ’ช

Day 11 Wales FD

Having a lovely week enjoying the summer sunshine. DH and I are unable to go away on holiday together owing to our fur baby parental responsibilities, our elderly puss has to be given epilepsy medication at regular times and we just donโ€™t want to consider putting her into a cattery, at 19 she needs regular routine and home comfort, so the 3 of us are enjoying our garden and DH and I are having local trips between pill administration times. Yesterday we discovered a new marina development with interesting shops, restaurants and barsโ€ฆโ€ฆand yes I partook of a brew, a treat of a cold beer was called for ๐Ÿบ then in the early evening we sat outside at the village pub and I had a delicious large chilled white wine. With those treats I just managed to keep within TDEE by making very careful food choices ๐Ÿ™‚

Joining the Thursday fasters today, together we are stronger ๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 11 – USA/GA – FD or OMAD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. What in the world???? Anyway, this is getting out of hand. Not only that, my boss called last night and today’s FD might be hijacked (can I please like fast for one day, oh my goodness….) because I may have to fill in for someone tonight at a work related dinner. Well, I’ll plan a FD, and if I do have to attend, it’ll be my OMAD and I’ll try again on Friday, which I absolutely hate…ughhh

Anyway, I’m angry. The last time I was 218 was July 5. Ridiculous. Time to march the weight out of town. Pocket list me today; pocket list me forever LOL

Day 11 – UK – FD

Had a lovely day with DD yesterday, not too hot and a cooling breeze by the coast – 4hrs of dog walking following by a mango/coconut ice cream by the seaside ๐Ÿ˜Ž but due to an unexpected visit from friends late afternoon which turned from afternoon tea in the garden to dinner with ๐Ÿฅ‚ it meant that my FD didn’t happen but today is a new day and I’m determined to get a good 2nd FD in this week!

So hot today – walked into the village for some food shop and was ๐Ÿฅต by the time I got back home so nothing else for it but to sit in the shade in the garden enjoying the perfume from all the old fashioned roses ๐ŸŒนaround me and read my book with a pot of tea ๐Ÿซ–on the side – perfect temperature in the shade!

Now that the sun has invaded my space I’m back indoors and catching up on here for a bit ๐Ÿค—

@excelsior12309 – great to see your post – there are a few of us who have been struggling so join us for a positive August as TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
    @stitchincarol – yes weโ€™re both off track and have forgotten how to tap into that strength – but we can do this – we know what we need to do and I have promised myself that August and September are the months to do it in with my Mojo firmly in place
    @i-hate-lettuce – certainly proving to be a hot one but much worse down south as told by my Suffolk friends..
    @linda.b – Thanks for the encouragement……..I’m hanging in there……My special tips for reining in the evening dragon is to drink plenty of water all day and specifically a big glass before, with and after evening meal – avoid alcohol as it certainly increases the need to keep snacking – don’t keep snacks/chocolates or whatever your temptation ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰ is in the house!! BTW great advice to @stitchincarol – I might look at this for myself ๐Ÿค—
    @daffodil2010 – well done to both you and your DH – you are providing inspiration to us all who are struggling at the moment ๐Ÿค—

Lovely to read everyone’s posts and all the UK seem to be enjoying a fabulous summer despite the very hot conditions in the south and the shortage of water – up here in the lakes, no shortage of water, everywhere is very verdant and the bracken has overtaken the less trodden paths on the fell – head high in places where I was walking on Tuesday

“Don’t let a stumble in the road be the end of your journey”

Day 11 – UK Cam – FD
    So far, so good. Today is turning out to be an easy FD, just too hot to bother to eat, drinking lots of water instead. Also keeping busy – walked the dog for 1.5 hrs in the early morning mist, filled the wildlife pond in the Orchard (it took 6 trips with the canisters in the barrow) and then cut down the old raspberry canes. Loaded all the rubbish in the car and went to the tip. On the whole, a hot & dirty morning but I achieved so much and not a hunger twinge in sight.

Tips for that evening dragon – wish I had some that worked! I suffer dreadfully. I guess out of sight, out of mind does work but when you have young family that visit and need snax plus a cronky DH who loves to graze, it is hard! (Cronky – cranky meets wonky)

@goal10kg – well done! Keep up the good work.

Need to plan tonight’s meal – might try tomato salad with olives, red pepper and some feta? Will that keep me going til tomorrow? Decisions, decisions … Definitely no carbs, that’s for sure. Hoping to pull inspiration and resolve from the rest of you on an FD today – be strong!

Pocket list for today
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @missybear

Day 11 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Discouraged. That describes me today. Somehow, I never managed to put on my I’m-in-control-of-my-actions hat yesterday, and ended up eating WAY more than my plan. I was pretty much yelling at myself to STOP! as I went into the kitchen for each subsequent nibble, and it did no good: I ignored my inner self and just nibbled. And this explains why I don’t lose weight, despite my entirely successful water fasts: I ate as many extra calories on Wednesday as I burned on Tuesday.

Why do we sabotage ourselves this way?? My “make yourself a promise” approach is an obvious answer, but that’s what I didn’t manage to pull off at the beginning of the day. @basyjames (from a year ago) was so completely right that this is a mind game, and we MUST gain control of our mind if we’re to be successful.

So I’m starting today to think about what I’ll eat on Friday, so that I can stay in control. One thing that I know: if I’m not home, I don’t eat, so on days when I know or suspect I’m going to struggle, I need to have plans in place so that I am doing things elsewhere.

@penz YAY!!! I’ve been sad that you had such a wonderfully successful July, but your mojo has been in short supply for August (am I reading between the lines of your posts correctly??), so I’m delighted for you that you had an easy FD yesterday.

@linda.b As to your topic of reigning in the evening dragon, I know one answer that works: DO something. GO somewhere. Don’t just sit (and watch TV) so that you can think about food and what you’re longing for. And why don’t I do that? I’m tired by then. As to what I did in 2015 that I’m not succeeding with now? Nothing fancy, just the normal 5:2, but somehow my resolve was strong enough to accomplish it; these days, I don’t manage to have reasonable NFDs, and we all know how that’s the hugest challenge of this WOL. Thanks for the thought, but I haven’t yet succeeded in “doing
    what I used to do.” ๐Ÿ˜ข

@mariaelena Coffee-flavored yogurt is also my favorite and I can’t find it in any brand most of the time, so thanks loads for the tip!

@daffodil2010 Love your description of your evenings in your garden. I don’t have enough sunshine in my yard for nicotiana, but I have tree lilies; I’ll certainly smile to think of you every time I look at my own!

@goal10kg CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You deserve the success of losing given how well you’re eating, and how consistently you’re working out and building muscles!

@funshipfreddie Well, I teach piano (does that count as “playing”?) and play organ every Sunday, and I read an average of 30 minutes per day. Does posting here count as writing for pleasure?? ๐Ÿฅฐ Interesting article. What I can say about it in connection to my MIL is that for the last year, she has sat in her chair and watched TV most of every day. She’s never been a reader, she’s never played any instrument, she doesn’t write, she doesn’t exercise, she socializes very little…and it’s in the last year that we think the dementia has really exploded. Now I’m thinking about all my family and which of these activities they do. Fascinating. Thanks for posting!

@missybear That was some impressive food decisions you made, to enjoy a beer and white wine and stay within TDEE; well, well done!

@northgeorgia It’s one thing when we self-sabotage, but when life gangs up on our plans, that’s a far worse frustration. I hope it can all work out well for you!

@at Another lovely description of back yard beauty; thanks!

@gardenlily Your busy morning sounds delightful and productive; well done!

Well, I should get off the sofa and get started on my day. Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 11 second post

Just a thought. How much does doing puzzles such as Wordle, Nerdle, Crosswords, Sudoku, etc., ward off dementia??

Day 11 – 16:8

Fast day yesterday went ok – didnโ€™t get enough fiber rich veg in tho. Was being lazy and just had rotisserie chicken and some yogurt (but really that was all I had an appetite for) and I canโ€™t let that continue. Must have my fiber, b/c I really notice (uncomfortably) if I donโ€™t.

@funshipfreddie – thanks for the article. I read and exercise (hoop dance) so that is a plus for me, but Iโ€™m not very social – I have some pretty severe social anxieties and just naturally seem to be a more self contained type. Covid precautions have emphasized those traits in me as well. Happily my 91 yr old papa is doing well – he does get frustrated with his memory for names (he is an avid news follower who always knew the names of the newsmakers and news reporters) but I havenโ€™t seen any worrisome behaviors other than that so I keep my fingers crossed.

@linda.b My tip for the evening munchies is go brush your teeth. For me, at least that generally shuts it down. If I still โ€˜have to haveโ€™ something, I make a flavorful herbal tea (well, not in this heat wave, but otherwise). Ginger and lemon, licorice or mint seem to help do the trick for me. Also, I always have a glass of water next to me in the evenings. Sometimes just drinking that down will calm an evening urge to eat. I guess I have a number of strategies because this is the very challenging time for me – post dinner. I manage fine at meals and not snacking in the afternoons, but boy do evenings loom with challenges.

@stitchincarol – interesting question that I have not seen a good evidence based answer to. Iโ€™d guess all of the mental puzzle games should help, certainly couldnโ€™t hurt!

@goal10kg Yay for the results!! Especially gratifying after missing a weigh-in.

Iโ€™m feeling so lazy today, and enjoying my seat in the corner window with my coffee, this forum and my kitties. The weather outside for a few days is under triple digits (but still above 95ยฐ) and it is surprising how refreshing that relative coolth feels. Tonight we try to trap the local โ€˜mamaโ€™ cat who had another kitten this spring so we can take her to get fixed. Last summerโ€™s kittens have moved on and I worry but hope they are doing well. We havenโ€™t seen the occasional glimpses of them for a while, but the extreme weather probably explains that- I guess they are snoozing in the day and making their rounds after nightfall.

Ok, best get a move on. Sending good thoughts.

Day 11 UK FD
    Day 10 UK CD

I don’t seem to have posted yesterday – weird, because I came and read the posts and remember writing. O well.

Yesterday was a very tired CD after a v bad night’s sleep. I’m really not good in the heat and it’s currently 31C which doesn’t work for me at all. Celtic colouring and neuro conditions mean that my brain struggles,I lose all the fixed muscle spasm that i depend on for ‘strength’ and my body wilts. I’m feeling wiped out, weary and down tbh – it’s been a long hard slog and not getting easier, my brain needs a break but some stuff to get through first and feeling a lack of support. I’ll feel better once i can let go of the mental load for a while.

Today was a bit better tho lots of hanging around and trying to fix tech issues with both laptop and printer. I rely on being able to print things out and scribble/process more easily/use physical copy as reminder, so not being able to has really slowed me down this week too. More techy friend has some time tomorrow when they can hopefully help, and I’m going to do a big brain dump of all the stuff that needs attention so I can do some detailed planning for post-holiday.

Food hasn’t been too bad, much helped by the heat. Yesterday was sweet potato wraps with salad, fresh berries and left over black rice made into rice pudding with cacao, soya milk and raisins. Today has been marmite tea – my secret weapon for daytime satisfaction – hard boiled eggs, stir fried cauliflower, leeks, green beans, pak choi and quorn chicken with garlic, ginger and chilli, plus berries any moment now. I’m going to close the kitchen after berries, drink water, brush my teeth and line up some spicy herbal tea to distract my palate – thanks for that @mariaelena! And thanks @linda.b for encouraging the top tips – evenings are often the hardest part.

Good to catch up with posts and hear some people doing really well!

Day 12, NFD, Aus

Yes, you’re absolutely reading between the lines accurately, @stitchincarol. My mojo is just not around. My FDs are doing ok but I’m sabotaging the rest of the week. Grumble.

I need to catch some of the steely resolve and determination I read in @northgeorgia‘s post.

Well done @goal10kg!

have a great weekend everyone.

Day 12 โ€“ Friday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“(NFD)๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐ŸŽท๐ŸŽบ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ

Well, here we are at the end of WEEK 2!!!!! Wasn’t too hard, was it? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜ƒ We’re all still here, nothing bad happened, we’ve had some plusses+++ and some minuses—, some maintainers and plateaus ….. and we still have another 2 weeks to go! Yay!๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ
    Several had very happy results this week …. so you are the STARS โญโญ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ shining bright leading the way! Medals to you all๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†

A few are suffering from various impediments ie heat, busyness, plateaus, lost mojo etc etc. Even so, please just keep connected to the group because even in the down times you have support from everyone here regardless. โค๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ Promise! We are doing this together!๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ

To the UK posters, your weather is in the news here (Australia) …. this morning they said you will be in for 38 degrees today. That is sooooo hot๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ! Also in the US as well… find a cool place everyone and chill!๐ŸงŠ๐ŸงŠ๐ŸงŠ๐ŸงŠ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

I’m not responding individually today as need to get to work… big day ahead. Love reading all your posts though! ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

Some wonderful posts up here this week and I really do recommend to take the time to read them all. Everyone gives so generously with their little hacks and tips and also insight into their day to day lives… thank you one and all! It makes our little space here more colourful and inviting. ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž

AVOIDING NIGHT TIME SNACKING: ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜
    Thanks to all those who gave fabulous little tips and hacks to avoid snacking at night…. such good ideas there! The one about brushing teeth after dinner particularly resonated with me…. so I’ll be doing that immediately after dinner tonight! We’d love to hear some more… ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

So, without further ado:๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ

โญYesterdayโ€™s Trivia – Thursday Day 11:
    Music streaming service Spotify originated in which country? ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽต
    Sweden ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ—บ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿ—บ

โญToday’s Trivia – Friday Day 12
    In 1978, Cardiologist Herman Tarnower published a book called โ€œThe Complete Scarsdale Medical Dietโ€ How many calories are you allowed per day on the Scarsdale Diet?
    700 โ€“ 1000 โ€“ 1200 โ€“ 1500 โ“โ“โ“

cheerie dearies

Thought for the day:๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ™‚
    Manana โ€“ donโ€™t feel deprived on FD โ€ฆ thereโ€™s always tomorrow for that treat IF YOU REALLY, REALLY, TRULY, TRULY WANT IT โค๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š

Pocket list for today – Friday Day 12 (any last minute FDers for Friday?)

Day 11 Ohio, US — MFD
    Days 9 and 10 — NFD

Monday turned out to be a CD instead of an MFD. After I posted that evening the pain in my lymph glands was so severe that I had a bowl of whole grain cereal and some dates, as well as a couple of ibuprofen. So I probably went over by about 300 calories. But it enabled me to sleep that night. The last two evenings I also had big energy drains in the evening, so had to forego posting.

In contrast today has gone well. The fasting went well with no energy drains. Maybe it was because that front line finally passed through the area? In any case, I was able to get a good walk in. I figure that with the walk amounting to about 200 calories burned, my 800 calories for the MFD really nets 600 calories, the amount recommended for men in the original Fast Day book.

@michelinme Your FD menu sounds wonderful! Unfortunately, I pretty much eat the same pattern now every FD. Not much variety, but it ensures that no matter what happens, meals will be prepared..

Pocket list for today
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @missybear
    @stitchincarol
    @michelinme
    @matpi

Day 12 – UK Cam – NFD
    Quick catch up – bit disappointed as scales stuck at 145 lb despite 2 successful FD this week – suspect is the hot weather/water retention? Another 30C+ day here again. Just broken my ‘fast’ with stewed apple in cinnamon & nutmeg with zero fat plain yoghurt and small scope oats. It was delicious! Big celebration lunch today with friends, will try to be good but … Must dash, want to walk the dog whilst the woods are still cool and will need to get back in good time to prepare for lunch – hope I can fit into my ‘posh frock’ which has been relegated to the back of the cupboard for years.
    Good luck to everyone on a FD today – stay busy, stay focussed.

Day 12 – South Africa – NFD

@at – 4 hours of dog walking?! That’s a lot of walking. And I was so proud of my 9975 steps! ๐Ÿ˜… Do you track your steps?

@stitchincarol – just glancing at the comments from readers, & a lot of people disagree with the conclusions of that dementia article. And someone also commented that the article doesn’t even mention crossword puzzles. I’m sure it’s partly the luck of the draw when it comes to health. We’ve all known someone who smoked 40 a day, reached 90+ & never had so much as a cold. I’m sure teaching piano counts though! Just doing what we enjoy, keeping busy & exercising must all make a difference, I would think?

@mariaelena – I’m the same when it comes to social events. I’m okay with one or two people, but a crowd of people, especially strangers?! No thanks. I think I get more introverted the older I get. And apparently that’s quite common, especially with men. I don’t think I’m antisocial, I just don’t ‘need’ people. Whenever I hear that song, ‘People’ (who need people are the luckiest people) I think – no they’re not, they’re just annoying ๐Ÿ˜…

@linda.b re trivia – I know! But I cheated – again ๐Ÿ™„

Happy Fri-yay, y’all ๐Ÿท

Day 12 – USA/GA – OMAD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. Well, I did have to attend the late dinner yesterday and here I am up in the morning for work LOL Despite that, I did drop 3 lbs with OMAD, so it’s a good 2nd best to a FD if you can keep it under control. I really doubt today will be my FD, but I can convert it to an OMAD I think. Two OMADs don’t really replace a FD, but it’s better than nothing ๐Ÿ™‚

Still, I should be way past my goal by now, not hugging to numbers I saw at the start of the year, so I’m determined to get back on track with my daily habits on NFDs.

Day 12 UK NFD

So pleased I managed to stick to a FD yesterday – I woke up cheered tho still weary & spaced out. Today I’ll be listening to my body a bit more carefully, grounding and going slow. As my neuropsychologist told me years ago, sometimes you need to redefine success!

My weekly weigh day has me at 80kg – that’s probably a weekend of chocolate, rice cakes and ice cream balanced by two successful FDs and gallons of water! I’ll take it – it’s better than where I started the month which makes it progress. My monthly goal is to get into the 70-something kgs/170-something lbs – that’s anywhere down from here!

Hot weather is good for not over-eating! I’m planning on staying home this weekend until the heat settles down. Luckily I’ve got a fridge/freezer full of lovely veg & salad, berries and vegan ice cream and a yen to eat as colourfully as possible. Gentle stretching, meditation, resting and pottering in small practical or fun ways – a 3-day restful retreat at home….

Day 12 Wales NFD

Just finished brunch and hoping that will keep me going until this evening when we are going out to dinner, a pub with outdoor tables on the seafront. Needless to say today is a NFD ๐Ÿทand it will be the first day this month when I will be taking a more relaxed attitude to calorie counting.

@stitchincarol I have been reflecting on your recent comment โ€œIโ€™ve been thinking hard about taming that ridiculous voice that says calories donโ€™t matterโ€“I know they doโ€“and taming the inner dragon that eats so wildly on weekends,โ€œ. I think the same behaviour caused me to lose a grip on maintenance and regain weight. I did a lot of reading about the importance of the type of food calories eaten and the message that not all calories are equal and I subconsciously took that as permission to gradually abandon portion control as long as I was eating the โ€˜rightโ€™ things. As for weekends, I was not eating adequately during the week so that I could have treats at the weekends, so a combination of hunger and unrestrained eating resulted in steady weight gain despite weekday FDs. Oh well, you live and learn. This month I am attempting to retrain my brain to believe it is both the what and the how much of anything I eat/drink that matters. Simple!? I am so very annoyed at myself for regaining but I am now working on developing a new mindset for future success ๐Ÿคž

Happy Friday everyone ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿฅ‚

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 342 total)

You must be logged in to reply.