All Aboard for Audacious August 2022…31 days, 1 day at a time challenge!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
All Aboard for Audacious August 2022…31 days, 1 day at a time challenge!

This topic contains 341 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  matpi 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 342 total)

• Welcome aboard!
    This is the Audacious August 2022… just 31 days, 1 day at a time challenge. We’ve got this!🤩🤩
    Ring the 🔔🔔🔔, the train will leave the station on Monday, 1st August 2022. However, you are welcome to jump on board at any point along the way during August.

What are we about? Read on…

The monthly challenge was started by @coda in May 2016 and has been growing strong and successfully ever since. Our goals can be overwhelming when viewed as a whole. But by breaking them down into small achievable pieces (monthly challenges), you’ll be able to stay focused and motivated to accomplish your goal one step at a time in bite-sized monthly challenges. Here’s how it works:

1. In your first post, introduce yourself to the group – helps us to get to know each other, especially helpful for newbies. Perhaps say something about where you started, journey so far, what you’re aiming for or how you are benefiting from fasting. You might like to include your starting weight or your goals for the month. But you don’t have to – share only what you are comfortable sharing.

2. Posting – This is the ‘HOW TO POST’ bit.. Start each post with the day of the month, where you are, and if you’re on a fast day (FD), non-fast day (NFD) or controlled day (CD). We’re all over the world and in different time zones so it helps us keep track of which day we’re talking about, who else is fasting with us on a particular day etc. For example, I’ll start my post (on 1 August) with “Day 01 – Monday– Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FUN DAY (FD)” …. that’s if I am on a FAST DAY (FD)
    alternatively for someone else it might be “Day 01 – Monday – Ohio USA – NFD”… if they are on a Non-Fast Day (NFD)

3. Spreadsheet – @at is going to post this month’s spreadsheet below. It’s in alphabetical order by username. If you find it helpful, you can use it to record and track your progress as well as keeping track of how others are doing. It can help with perspective, accountability or planning. And if you need help just ask – there’s always someone happy to help. But you don’t have to use it if you don’t want to. It’s just another tool you can use if you choose.

4. Frequency – Some people post daily, others check in every few days. Some are brief, others are long and chatty. If you’re posting for a second time in the same day please head your post eg Day 01 second post.

5. Content of your post– Comments or questions, complaints or celebration – anything you’d like to share with the forum. Recipes, tips, tricks and bright ideas are always welcome. Remember: we all have good days and bad days, days we fall off the wagon or days when we are hanging on by our fingernails, days when our mojo deserts us and days where we feel completely in control. So DON’T GIVE UP – whatever it is, you are not alone!

6. Community – This is a worldwide forum so there’s usually someone online. We all do our best to offer advice, support and solidarity.

7. Pocket lists –A ‘pocket list’ is a list of the names of people who are sharing the same goal on a particular day. It’s great psychological support in mentally keeping that list in our back pocket, knowing we’re not alone. Anyone can join a pocket list or start a pocket list. Typical pocket lists are for FD but in the past they’ve been used for people doing daily exercise or planks, or DTF (dry till Friday).

8. 5:2 basics – answers to many FAQs plus top tips:
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

As this month’s host, I will try to read every post. Apologies, however, if I miss a question or fail to comment on a post. If I miss it, I know someone else will step in. That’s what’s great about our little community.

And by way of translation, we use a LOT of abbreviations. Here’s a guide to some of the more frequently used ones:
    ABBREVIATION LIST – useful for those new to the challenges
    Common abbreviations used throughout this challenge and added to on an ongoing basis:
    16:8 – 16 hours fast 8 hours non fast
    5:2 – 5 days NFD + 2 days FD (IF)
    ADF – Alternate Day Fasting (FD – NFD – FD – etc. etc. etc.…….)
    atl – All time low
    B2B – Back to Back (consecutive FDs)
    BMR – Basal metabolic Rate
    CFD – Controlled Fast Day (a FD below your goal weight TDEE, whatever that is!!!)
    DH, DD, DS, SIL, DIL – Darling Husband, Daughter, Son, SON-IN-LAW, DAUGHTER-IN-LAW
    DTF – Dry ‘Til Fri (for those limiting the booze to weekend only ………….. & aiming for sainthood!!!!)
    EE – Emotional Eating (reflex grazing out of a need for instant comfort instead of satisfying hunger)
    EFS – Epic Face Stuffing (we’ve all had one of those days. Definitely due to a faulty OFF button!)
    FD – Fast Day (500 cals)
    FDW – Fast Day – Wasn’t!
    HUNGER DRAGON – that dreadful psychological beast that sometimes cannot be satisfied. Some people even name theirs (e.g. @i-hate-lettuce has an INNER WARTHOG!)
    IF – Intermittent Fasting
    IRL – In real life
    Keto – way of eating that generates Ketones
    K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple Stupid!!!………………or Sexy!!!
    LOCA – Lady of a Certain Age
    LC – Low Carb way of eating
    LCHF – Low Carb High Fat way of eating
    LFD – Liquid Fast Day (incl. tea, coffee, miso, bone broth & water)
    LOL – Laughing Out Loud
    M/WOAM – Man/Woman on a Mission (courtesy of @i-hate-lettuce)
    MFD – Modified Fast Day (800 cals) on the new Fast800, it’s a FD
    NFD – Non Fast Day
    OH – Other Half (eg spouse/partner)
    OMAD – One Meal A Day
    PFDS – Post FD Smugness (courtesy of @penz)
    TDEE – Total Daily Energy Expenditure (see the ‘how it works’ link on the home page to work out yours)
    TRE – Time Restricted Eating
    WFD – Water Fast Day (Water only)
    WFH – Working From Home ……………….. Covid-19 enforced!!!
    WHOOSH – after being on plateau for a while then suddenly WHOOSH the scales drop inexplicably
    WOL – Way of Life
    WOCA – Women Of a Certain Age
    ZBC – Zero Breakfast Club

Goodness that’s a lot… but here we are folks… stoking up the engines, 🚂🚂🚂ready for Monday… ready for our first posts
    All aboard for audacious August… no excuses, only for 31 days? We’ve got this!
    The best thing about our forum? None of us is as smart as all of us.😍🥰

Day 00 (testing before we start) – Saturday– Gold Coast Queensland Australia – (NFD) 🌼🌻🌺☘🍀

This is just a test post prior to August to ensure I’ve set this up correctly 🤞🤞

See you all Monday for Day 01 of Audacious August 2022!

cheerie dearies

Manana – don’t feel deprived on FD … there’s always tomorrow for that treat IF YOU REALLY, REALLY, TRULY, TRULY WANT IT

@linda.b – Thank you for being our host for this Audacious August 2022…31 days, 1 day at a time challenge!

I definitely need to return to the monthly challenge so will be joining you daily as I have somewhat lost my way recently but I will be there on the Day 1 for the support that these challenges provide 🤗

Here is the link to the spreadsheet for those who wish to use it – A great way to motivate yourself and keep you on track

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zOZamCe-V4Kja9mJl7hwH98s4lgR12ijNCL2vozGTMo/edit?usp=sharing

Day <2> – Rural Nebraska, USA

I’m definitely in for August. My piano students have a recital at the end of the month and the dress I plan to wear needs me to drop some belly bulk by then, and then my three sisters and I are going on a little trip together in early September and I want to be as thin by then as I can. I can’t control the scales, but I can certainly control what I eat and drink and this forum is a large part of where I get my mojo!

See you all Monday.

Day (-2): USA/GA

I’m in for August. I need to get back on track. The plateau has been OK, but I’m constantly within 10-15 lbs of my first major milestone to get rid of the “obese” label. It’s been teasing me all year long. Grrr!

@linda.b – count me in as much as I am able to post. This is the best blog group in the whole world. Who would not want to join?!

I’m with you @linda.b Having a think about a new strategy for tomorrow 🤔

Sadly, my laptop has a problem with the speaker hardware and needs to go to the doctor, so I won’t be able to check in tomorrow. What? I could use my phone, you say? Ummm…no. 😂😂🤣🤣 And, more than that, I have to leave the house at 8am to be on time for my appointment to rent the quilting machine, so I’ll have neither laptop nor time. But I’ll be here on Tuesday, as long as I have my laptop back by then!

Day 00 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Count me in please @linda.b! Thanks again for hosting August, & thanks @at for the spreadsheet.

And a big ‘thank you’ to everyone for sending good wishes my way. I arrived in Port Elizabeth a couple of hours ago. I feel like I could sleep for 12 hours straight & still wake up tired.😅 Of course, I could have had an early night last night, but instead I stayed up drinking & chatting with my buddies in Gonubie until the wee hours 😏 But then I hadn’t seen them for 6 months.

Wishing everyone an awesome & audacious August! 🥇

Day 1, FD, Aus

What better start to the month!?

Hello everyone. I’m an Aussie living in the nation’s capital with husband and two blue Australian Cattle Dogs. I’ve been doing 5:2 on and off since 2017 and I can tell you that when I’m “on” this way of life works. Sadly I’ve fallen off the wagon too many times to even get close to goal weight. I have a major milestone birthday next year and I want to look and feel fabulous for that. I usually do my FDs on Mondays and Thursdays and I find it much easier just to drink coffee – no food.

That’s me done.

Thank you @linda.b for hosting! Looking forward to continuing this journey with you all.

Day 1 country West Australia NFD
    Hi to everyone old and possibly newbies.💐
    Looking forward to be audacious in August and also awesomely actively activating 5:2 accurately!!!!
    I would normally do a FD today but have a bad toothache which can’t be seen until Friday – if then !
    ( the joys of living in the country!)🙄
    So not sure how this week will turn out.🤞
    Thanks in advance to @linda_b for hosting. 💐
    Thanks @at for the spreadsheet which WILL look different from the past few months for me.
    @funshipfreddie. I do hope all goes well for this next stage of your life. I can’t imagine having to pack up house and shift somewhere else. Just the thought makes me weak at the knees!!🫣

@penz, my journey sounds a lot like yours.
    I NEED this forum to keep me accountable and on track.
    Been doing 5:2 with some success since November 2017. When I actually DO 5:2 it works.
    When I eat like there’s not tomorrow and try to convince myself that somehow eating fish and chips, sausage rolls, sandwiches, chocolate , wine, pizza etc in LARGE amounts and exceeding TDEE daily will work , well…. the results speak volumes – in more ways than one!!!!
    @stitchincarol, I feel for you !! When technology doesn’t work….😱
    Hoping life will revert to a somewhat more even keel after the past few months which have been unexpectedly crazy.🫣🤪🤪

Day 0 – USA/GA

I am a 47 y/o male (48 this month!) in northeast Georgia who started a serious weight-loss journey at the start of the pandemic. After losing a little weight, I was worried this would play out as it had over the past ten years or so: lose ten pounds, gain twenty. So, after I bottomed out losing my ten pounds, I searched the internet for new ideas and discovered 5:2. Keeping 5:2 as my base practice with some variation over these past two years (TRE, water fasting, OMAD, principles promoted by Jason Fung, etc.), I have lost around 70 lbs. In April/May, I did gain about 5 lbs back, but am back on track to get those numbers back down.

Because of the upward trend, my weight moved away from my goal of 206. I am determined to meet that goal by the end of summer, and hopefully no longer be considered obese before the year is up.

Day 01 – Monday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FUN DAY (FD) 🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

Good morning everyone, so glad you’ve come on board for Audacious August 2022…31 days, 1 day at a time challenge! The train is about to leave the station! But you can jump on any time at all during August, as much or as little as you want.🚂🚂🚂

As it’s the first day of our month long challenge, we ask the newbies and the regulars, to share a little background bio ie where in the world you are, a little bio about you and what your goals are for this month. Share as much or as little as you want, nothing is mandatory here.

Just love this from lilymartin! “Looking forward to be audacious in August and also awesomely actively activating 5:2 accurately!!!!” 🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔 Ring the bell, you’ve got this lilymartin!

For the newbies, I overuse Emojis (get used to it!)😂🤣😜, I started my mission on 1st February to lose overall 10-11 kg (the 11th kg is for wriggle room!) by Easter…. but didn’t quite make it. However, reached my goal on 17th June and very happy about it too! That’s 19 weeks & 3 days by following 5:2 Mondays & Thursdays FUN DAYS (FDs 500) and rigidly keeping to my plan. Since then I’ve happily dropped another kilo to give some wriggle room on the WOL maintenance plan.

I’d actually done the 5:2 in 2019 and successfully lost 11 kg in 11 weeks, maintained for a year and then failed to follow through with the 6:1 maintenance WOL. Silly me because 6:1 just isn’t that hard but you obviously need to stick with it. The upshot was the fat just came back…. it’s not rocket science 🚀🚀 and totally my own fault.
    I am a lady of a certain age (WOCA or I prefer LOCA 🥰), still working, newly single again and rebuilding my life after some significant changes. I had set myself some REWARDS to inspire my RESOLVE to a) stick rigidly to the 5:2 IF until I met my goal✅, and, b) NO ALCOHOL until I met my goal and then review my relationship with alcohol at that time✅. In truth, after more than 6 months, I actually no longer miss the wine at all but do see that I might imbibe (only) socially in time to come. My REWARD for these efforts are a) NEW HAIRSTYLE ✅b) update my wardrobe✅ c) a TRIP somewhere, anywhere (probably a walking holiday). So far I have achieved the first reward.. a new hairstyle and am working on the next two.

There are 153 days left in 2022 and I am RESOLVED to maintain my ATL weight (60kg) to ring in 2023! 🔔🔔🔔. But first, there are 31 days in August to set my RESOLVE to stay the course and this forum is the best support ever to do just that.

If you are new to this forum, I can assure you will find all the support and advice to assist you…. and you will be successful if you have a plan and stay with it, promise! 👍

The most important thing I’ve learnt about Intermittent Fasting is this:
    “poco a poco” – little by little, bit by bit, slowly, gradually… it works!
    That’s why we do this monthly challenge group… it’s manageable, bite-sized (pardon the pun!), considered and not overwhelming!

So welcome everyone, we will do this together!

cheerie dearies from downunder 🦘🦘🦘

Oops, also one new thing for August.. trivia (ok, ok, I know it’s lame but I also know you love it! Cheat as much as you want! 😜😝🙃😜Answer tomorrow):
    1. Legend has it that William the Conqueror, desperate to lose weight, created the first “fad” diet which consisted of drinking nothing but this:
    a. Blood
    b. Tea
    c. Sheep’s milk
    d. Alcohol

Taking a lesson from the Little Engine that Could 🚂🚂🚂
    I think I can, I think I can-
    I think I can, I think I can, I think I have a plan
    And I can do ‘most anything if I only think I can

Day 01 – Monday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FUN DAY (FD)🎈🎈🎈 -2nd post

oops forgot the pocket list

Pocket List for DAY 01
    @penz
    @linda.b

Day 1 – UK – FD

A new month and a much needed new start for me – the last two months in particular have been a struggle with this WOL so I am more than ready to press my RESET button

Thanks @linda.b for hosting this month and I am all aboard for audacious August… no excuses, only for 31 days? I CAN DO THIS

A bit about myself:-
    I am a 64y.o. female living with my OH in the beautiful Lake District ⛰ having moved here when I retired in 2013. We have a married daughter who has 4 fur babies – 3 black 🐈‍⬛ and an adorable beagle called Archie 🐶
    I started this WOL on my own in January 2016 as I had gained weight during the last couple of years at work and was fed up with being overweight and wanted to enjoy my early retirement and get fitter!
    I discovered and joined the 30 Day November 2016 Challenge with @back2thefuture – best thing I ever did, as it got me to my maintenance weight and has kept me motivated and on track with this WOL! This December will be my 6th anniversary in maintenance and I certainly want to reach it still in maintenance!!
    Total weight loss = 22kg/3st 7lbs. Height = 164cm
    My maintenance range since then has been around 56-58kg – I’m fairly fit, doing 5 exercise classes during the week (yoga x2, pilates x1 and aerobic x2) and I also enjoy walking/hiking at least 3 times each week

The last 6 months have been a struggle with maintenance – I could put up a lot of excuses but I know that there has been a couple of dragons 🐉 lurking and responsible – namely the carbs 🐉 and wine 🐉
    and I am making a pledge to myself to be strong and fight those dragons this month 💪

@funshipfreddie – good to hear that both you and Boo Boo survived the house move safely
    @penz – I will be joining you on your FDs as I am going back to my regular FDs on Monday and Thursday too and planning on CDs on the other days leaving Friday and Saturday as my treat days – I feel like I need some structure to the week to help me regain focus
    @lilymartin – I too am hoping that the “spreadsheet which WILL look different from the past few months for me.” TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS
    @northgeorgia – Remember that you have been so successful – you know what to do – get yourself a plan for August and stick to it – 31 days, 1 day at a time!

I noticed 2 new names on the spreadsheet which is in alphabetical order, so I have tidied it up – welcome to @anicecupoftea and @Iselesy – hopefully you feel that you can post and tell us a bit about yourself soon

Pocket List for DAY 01
    @penz
    @linda.b
    @at

I am reminding myself of my motto for this WOL “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 1 UK FD

Last FD was in January! Inevitable weight gain has me almost back to where I was when I first started 5:2 in 2017. I could make all sorts of excuses about life events causing stress, but the simple truth is I was struggling with maintenance and just gave up.
    Well here I go again aiming for a fresh start.
    Plan for August: Monday and Thursday 500 calorie FDs. Dry till Fri.
    Weight today 150.6 lbs 😳
    Target: I don’t know. In 2018 I got down to an an time low of 128 but I couldn’t maintain it. So I will just concentrate on getting back into the 5:2 routine for now and see how it goes.

Great to see old friends here, looking forward to success in your company 🤞

Day 1, FD, Scotland

Hey everyone, glad to join you all in August. Ive only recently restarted the 5 2 diet, I last did it 8 years ago, very sucessfully before my wedding! Progress seems to be a bit slower this time round but im going in the right direction. And I actually enjoy doing the fast days! And how it makes me feel, both physically and mentally!

Plan for August – STOP OVER INDULGING ON MY NON FAST DAYS !!!!!

Day one today, and its two poached eggs on one slice toast – 273 cals – for lunch. And youngs cod in parsley sauce, they are 90 cals per portion, so ill have 2 of those with some fresh steamed veg on the side for dinner. I hope the fish is nice!!! Ive not tried it before.

Heres to a great month everyone. I have extra motivation, 9 weeks tomorrow ill be on the beach!!! Lets do this 🙂

Day 1 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. I’ve seen a lot better post-FD weigh-ins, but here we are! My body wants me to increase water intake, I think, so going to work on that this week. August, here we come!

Day 1 UK FD

Well and truly reset and determined to have a good August thanks for steering us @linda.b I love an emoji but often use in an incorrect way 🤨 my guess is c for the quiz

A little about me -60 F living on the south coast of England with DH ( although think a boomerang 27 year old son may be imminent)

Lifelong “dieter yoyo struggles with weight “ so many descriptions but basically putting on and losing the same 20lbs most of my adult life Currently at the top end and not enjoying one bit , so aiming to start turning this around ( again ) this month

Focusing on the positives – want to exercise more , cut processed carbs and DTF , not setting a weight loss target but let’s see how it goes 💪

Pocket List for DAY 01
    @penz
    @linda.b
    @at
    @missybear
    @goal 10kg
    @brightonbelle

Day 1 – FD 800

I’m a WOCA who restarted 5:2 eating last August, after prepandemic success with 5:2 went down the drain during quarantine. Total weight loss is 70 lb, weight loss this year was 50lb. I’m settled into maintenance weight, and regular exercise now – with a bmi smack in the center of the ‘healthy’ range.

Intermittent fasting is the key for me. As a short woman, every day calorie restriction was just a recipe for hangry failure. 5:2 keeps me feeling well fed, and my rule of no food after 8pm ( exceptions for vacations/holidays/events) keeps the reflux that used to plague me at bay. I emphasize adequate protein and fiber in my daily diet and have done well by close to eliminating heavily processed carbs (I think they were a culprit of my reflux as well as the late night eating)

My regular FD are M & W. I’m still crossing my fingers I can succeed at maintenance on a 6:1 schedule, but for now that does not appear to be the case. At month’s beginning I weigh 127.5 lb and I firmly intend never to allow my weight up at the 175lb I was last year this time. Besides looking better, much physical pain has been alleviated with the weight loss and that is a powerful motivator.

My only disappointment is that the hot flashes and other symptoms of WOCA have not diminished. Thus good sleep, in particular, remains a challenge.

On a chatty note, I learned that the wedding I will be attending early next month will include an unexpected (to me) guest – my DH former serious girlfriend. Yeah, it has been decades since we have seen her, but there is still an unease at knowing she will be in attendance. I am very glad I will be looking my best, although I feel a bit superficial to admit it. She was, in the day, quite a flamboyant beauty and I was much more the ‘nice girl next door’ type. I wonder if we ever lose these old insecurities 🤔

Pocket List for DAY 01
    @penz
    @linda.b
    @at
    @missybear
    @goal 10kg
    @brightonbelle
    @mariaelena

Day 1 UK FD

Hello! Very glad to be joining you again for this Audacious August Challenge

I’m F58 living in London, UK. In 2017 I found myself at 180lbs after significant health issues restricted mobility, stopping smoking and menoapuse. Over the next 9 months I lost 40lbs despite one very long plateau where I went down 3 dress sizes and not a lb! I maintained for the next couple of years but abandoned the waggon by March 2020 when I caught covid, which left me with long covid and up more than 40lbs! Still living with long covid which has left me with POTS, hyptertension, peripheral neuropathy, cognitive dysfunction and serious fatigue.

I jumped back on the waggon at the end of May weighing 189lb and lost 12lbs in 6 weeks, disappearing off for the rest of July to a conference and to assist DD after mastectomy. I did really well while away but came back and ate a lot of icecream & chocolate over the weekend, now back up 4lbs and keen to make a healthy start again. Weighing in at 80kg/180lb with an August goal of plain vanilla solid 5:2, drinking plenty of water, getting a lot more sleep and doing gentle adapted yoga 4 days/week. FDs will usually be Mon/Thurs but bump if I’ve got something on – the beauty of this flexible WOL.

Glad to be fasting today after an over-indulgent weekend. It’s been a tough few weeks and i’m not really grounded yet. But jumping in with a marmite tea for lunch, plenty of fizzy water and black coffee, early supper of eggs with salad, quorn chicken with green veg, strawberries and blueberries. Hoping this easy-on-easy-off thing works for me. I’m off back to DD on Weds so will either b/f FD to Weds or bump to Friday when I travel back home.

Looking forward to catching up with you all after time away x

Pocket List for DAY 01
    @penz
    @linda.b
    @at
    @missybear
    @goal 10kg
    @brightonbelle
    @mariaelena
    @michelinme

Day 1 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

A quick intro from me before I get some much-needed 💤. I think about 16 hours will do the trick 🥴️

About me:- David, 60. Originally from Manchester in the UK, living in Port Elizabeth, Kwazulu-Natal, on the east coast of South Africa. I’ve been fasting on & off since 2014. I got serious with fasting after I retired in 2018 & realised I was gaining weight & turning into a couch potato. I’ve been more or less maintaining for quite a while now, with the occasional holiday/festive season glitches. I now follow TRE, seldom eating before noon. I do mostly 5:2 & I don’t eat before 6 pm on fast days. Occasionally if I feel my resolve waning I’ll re-watch Dr Mosley’s ‘Eat Fast & Live Longer’ documentary, to remind myself that fasting isn’t just about weight loss/maintenance, but it can maintain & improve our health in numerous ways.

No idea when my first August FD will be. I don’t even know what I weigh right now, because my bathroom scales are in a box in a storage facility along with everything else. But I WILL be fasting later this week,just as soon as I reboot my brain & get used to the teeny-tiny room I’ve just moved into. Just as well Boo Boo isn’t here, because you really couldn’t swing a cat in this place 😅

@lilymartin – I’m weak all over, not just at the knees! 🤦‍♂️

Sending everyone RESOLVE for Audacious August! 💪

Day 2, NFD, Aus

Have lost my mojo so early in the week.

Good to see lots of familiar names and old friends.

Things to focus on this month: portion size!

Day 1 Ohio, US — MFD

At the end of last month some out-of-town friends visited and I ended the month with lots of good times with them and also lots of eating out. I haven’t weighed myself this month yet, but even though I was fairly careful about what I ate, I’m anticipating that the scales may not be kind at the first weigh-in. So the regular Monday fasting is definitely in order.

Brief history: I am a retired teacher. I participated in this forum for a few years and then went away the summer of 2020. In March of this year I returned and have been enjoying the great community here. Since June I’ve been on a plateau of about 181 lb (82.4 kg). My short term goal is to get to below 180 lbs (81.6 kg) and the mid-range goal is to get below 175 lb (79.4 kg). I would be happy with losing more, but these seem like reasonable goals for now.

@linda.b Thanks for hosting this audacious month!

Pocket List for DAY 01
    @penz
    @linda.b
    @at
    @missybear
    @goal 10kg
    @brightonbelle
    @mariaelena
    @michelinme
    @matpi

Day 02 – Tuesday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – (NFD) 🌞☀⭐🌞🚂🚂🚂

@missybear – welcome to our little meeting place. You did so well in 2017/2018… you absolutely can do this again! Several of us had previous history with 5:2 with great results but now come back again as we know this works! You have your train ticket, you’re on board🚂🚂…. Go girl!🤩🤩

@Goal10kg- You’ve found the key🔑 ie “Plan for August – STOP OVER INDULGING ON MY NON FAST DAYS !!!!!” The FDs look after themselves but the key is to pay attention to the NFDs!🔑🔑🔑 The beach is beckoning for you🏖🏖🏖😎😎😎

@northgeorgia — YOU CAN DO THIS! See @goal10kg for inspiration re “Plan for August – STOP OVER INDULGING ON MY NON FAST DAYS !!!!!” It’s the key🔑. We’re all with you every step🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️ of the way!😃😃

@mariaelena – funny you should mention the hot flashes (in Australia we call them hot flushes🔥) I, too, had hoped that losing the excess poundage might diminish this ailment but, no! The universe can be so unkind! I’m 20 years in with them and they have never abated. Doctor once told me that 5% of ladies continue with them forever…. I can’t win Lotto but the only elite thing I’ve ever won is being in the 5%🔥🔥.. Re DH’S previous paramour… take the high road .. go straight up to her and charm her with your friendship. It’s awkward but this way you control the meeting. You’ll be so glad you did…. and you get kudos for looking and being your best and most confident, charming self!.🥰🥰🥰 Promise!

@michelinme – you’re back! So good to have you here again!😃😄😃 Hope Monday’s FD was a great kick start!

I have to get back to work, so impossible to respond to each one of you every day (there are so many of us!) but hope to make a response to each of you over the week.
    Forgive me if I miss someone!😉

🌟Yesterday’s trivia -William the Conqueror’s fad diet?
    William the Conqueror🤴🤴 was sometimes called William the Bastard👹. Probably because his fad diet was d) ALCOHOL! Don’t think it helped him much!

Today’s trivia⭐:
    Are ALMONDS seeds or nuts?

cheerie dearies

Ask yourself, “Is what I’m doing today getting me closer to where I want to be tomorrow?”❓❓❓

Day 2, Tues, UK, 2MAD (guess it’s the same as ZBC). Hi, very new to this, decided to give 5:2 a go for a month and see where it takes me. Have about 30lb to lose, aiming for half of that by the end of the year. Enjoy LCHF but seem to overeat still – wondering if this will help balance that out.

Have a good day everyone. 🫖

Day 2, Tuesday, FD
    My name is Imana, I have never tried this but am excited to try something new. I have 30lbs to lose

Day 2, NFD, Scotland

Morning everyone. Day 1 went well yesterday. I did have to give myself a little talking to for a minute though, it went along the lines of – no, youre fasting, remember why you are doing this!!!

I really enjoyed my gym class after work too. Same again tonight.

I tried marmite tea last night for the first time, and i didnt like it! And I love marmite! I just had marmite on toast for brekkie! But someone mentioned it upthread, so i thought id try it. i really like to hear what you are eating on your fast days, im always looking for inspo. I tend to find on my fast days, I spend my eveings trying to find nice FD meals! A lot are just so much faffing about though.

Ive got my two salad boxes in fridge ready for tommorow, so im all organised.

Have a good day everyone.

Day 2, 2MAD, UK
    Thought I’d posted a question but it didn’t appear….

Can someone with experience provide their thoughts/advice to a newbie?

Wanting to know how long the fasting days should be, example; I last ate 9pm Sunday, fasted through Monday, now it’s Tuesday I’m planning to have lunch (no breakfast), but this will take me to around 40hrs of fasting which is nearly 2 days – have I misunderstood the method?

TIA
    🫖

Day 2 – UK – NFD

Hi all. I’m back! Sorry for going AWOL through most of June and all of July. I’ll be honest, I had a great Feb, March started well then I caught COVID, had birthdays and Easter. Then May started and I took on a big project with work which saw me working 7 days a week, averaging 12-hour days and my capacity for any kind of control and routine just blew straight out the window (and about 200 miles up the road!!).

But that project has now finished and quite a few bigger social events have also passed and I’m ready to kick off this WOL again. I don’t have a perfect plan yet and this week is potentially not going to be perfect, but I want to get myself back into the swing of it so I’m posting here.

It’s lovely to be back. I’m looking forward to catching up with everyone this month.

Have a great day, all! 😊

Day 2 – USA/GA – OMAD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. Blah. Trending 2 lbs heavier over last week. Today’s OMAD should help. I might even turn it into a FD before it’s over with. Time to get on track.

Day 2 – UK – CD

A successful FD yesterday coming in under 500cals and included a fast 12.5km walk and a restorative yoga class.

This morning a shorter and slower 8km walk with my walking group, luckily not as wet as predicted but the rivers and lake showed the impact of the heavy rain we had last night.

@missybear – welcome back on board – I’m also going back to basics with FD500 on Mon + Thurs and aiming for control on NFDs
    @goal10kg – I’m definitely with you on your “Plan for August – STOP OVER INDULGING ON MY NON FAST DAYS !!!!!”
    @michelinme – lovely to see you back, I too was AWOL for most of July
    @anicecupoftea – lovely to see your posts – welcome – In reality a fast day is 36 hours. If you finish your last full evening meal at 7.30pm on Sunday, then Monday is your fast day, you are not going to be eating normally till Tuesday morning 7.30am, but if you a ZBC and omit breakfast on the Tuesday and not eat until lunchtime that can easily by 40+hrs – there are a few of us ZBC members here
    @imanazie – welcome onboard – my advice is to stick to the basics and try to keep an eye on your NFD which always seems so much harder to control than a FD
    @babs_b – lovely to have you back – go back to the basics and you’ll soon be back on track

I have decided to use MFP this month to help keep me focused so today’s food intake has been planned and entered to ensure that I keep to my planned CD – must remember to drink plenty of water….

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 2 UK NFD

Yes I’m with you on back to accurately recording on MFP @at

Good to see some “oldies” in the nicest sense of the word and hello “newbies”

Hope you’re back online soon @stitchincarol💻

Day 2 16:8 CD

All the same here – last meeting with personal trainer, I will miss the sessions.

@anicecupoftea Welcome to the boards, glad to have you here with us! I typically think of each day as a set period of time – so I stop eating Sunday night as usual (between 7 & 8 pm) and treat my M FD as the hours that occur on Monday and then eat normally (for me that means no breakfast meal because I’m just not hungry in the morning) on Tuesday. So like you, my intake is low for those 40 ish hours. I just don’t dwell on the time that way. Other IF regimen theories indicate those longer time periods of fasting are good for the metabolism- and I try to keep my eating in the 8 hour window on ‘regular days’ BUT what works best for one person is not always transferable to another. So my best advice is try that and see how you feel. Not too hungry on the day post fast day, then your plan sounds fine. If that morning after is difficult, I’d try introducing food on the post fast day earlier. There is a bit of trial and error expected figuring out what works well with you – your personality and schedule and body.

My best advice tho, is give your plan (whatever it is) a fair trial of a couple of weeks. See it you adapt to it well or if changes might be beneficial. Bring things you find challenging here in a post and lots of people might have suggestions! And again, welcome here! I found this group was vital to my success and so supportive!

@linda.b I have to admit, 8-9 years into these hot flashes/flushes & similar symptoms- I fear I hit that unpleasant forever jackpot too. I have so many battery powered fans (“don’t leave home without one” Lol) I could start my own YouTube channel reviewing their pros and cons! The common ‘dress in layers’ advice helps for cool to cold weather, but it has been over 100 here for a month and if I wear any less, I risk an indecent exposure citation! 🤪. I will say, I finally got over my no sleeveless anything rule (I’ve never liked the way my arms look) and now have a closet full of sleeveless tops and dresses!

Good to see you again, @babs_b! Sounds like you have been quite busy! I hope the Covid recovery has gone well with no lingering issues.

Wish I had time to post/ chat more, but have to get a move on here.

Good thoughts to all!

Day 2 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Laptop all fixed, and I’m back. I’m a 63yo woman, married, 3 adult kids, one SIL, 2 DGD. I weighed 132 for a long time (and twenty pounds less than that for a decade), but two major moves and a complete change of life, and I ended up at 166 twice…but never back at 132. I’m no longer 5’4″ but have shrunk to 5’2½” and so to be the same size as I was at 132, now I’ll need to weigh 125. I was hovering around 140 for several months earlier this year but in June I ate. And ate. And ate. Oh, and drank, too. So this morning I was 153. Thankfully, I think I’ve stopped the behavior and the momentum, and now I get to go back down again.

Beyond the simple fact that I’m not exercising much if any restraint, I love to cook and I love to bake, and that wreaks havoc with eating reasonably. I’m learning.

My plan for August is simple: WF on T/Th because I’m teaching piano lessons on those days and it’s relatively easy, 5 alcoholic drinks per week, and no food until noon.

I’ve decided not to use DTF as my plan mostly because it makes me feel like the next phrase is “…and then I can PARTY!!!” So by limiting my drinks to a specific number per week, I can pretend to be adult about this and choose when I’ll have them. 🤷‍♀️ We’ll see if that helps. I’m proud to say the boys were up last night and I cooked a lovely dinner, complete with appetizer and dessert, the kind that simply begs to pop open a bottle of wine, but I didn’t have a thing. I did have two servings of dessert, sadly. But it was a new recipe and was very yummy and different… 🤷‍♀️

And I’ve decided to be firm about no food until noon. I have no interest in breakfast, but get hungry around 10:30 and often have lunch around 11…which makes me hungry long before supper, which leads to snacking. So it’s a simple matter to show some restraint early in the day when it’s still relatively easy.

@lilymartin My deepest sympathies on your aching tooth!!!

@at You and me both, honey. But we’re here, now, and determined, right??

@missybear Welcome back!!! I weighed the same as you a day or two ago, and @gardenlily is only a couple pounds lower than we are. I wonder if we’re all the same height?? Let’s all three take deep, deep breaths and simply persevere, yes?

@goal10kg Ahhh, yes: STOP OVER INDULGING ON MY NON FAST DAYS !!!!! That’s the biggest challenge, isn’t it?

@brightonbelle Yeah, c makes the most sense…but I’m thinking d was more easily at hand for him.

@mariaelena How exciting that you’ll be looking your absolute best at the wedding, especially with the former girlfriend there; I don’t think it’s the least bit unreasonable to celebrate that! And, I sailed through menopause with few issues, but now, roughly ten years later, I’m having hot flashes–covered with sweat and nearly fainting hot flashes. HAH. Our bodies have minds of their own, with no interest in following schedules, huh? 🤣🤣🤣😜

@michelinme Welcome back; we missed you. I trust DD’s mastectomy went okay? That had to have been a tough time for both of you.

@funshipfreddie You made me laugh when you said you literally couldn’t swing a cat in your tiny space. I hope your long sleep has restored you a bit!

@linda.b SEEDS! And excellent question to ask ourselves each day: “Is what I’m doing today getting me closer to where I want to be tomorrow?”❓❓❓

WELCOME! @anicecupoftea and @imanazie We’re glad to have you both with us. I’ve personally found, and others have said so as well, that daily checking in is a big part of this forum being helpful to succeeding with 5:2. And we’ll all tell you: the 2s are relatively easy; it’s the 5s that take serious control. LOL, so with that encouraging comment, we welcome you all onto the August train!

@anicecupoftea That’s a perfectly reasonable length to be fasting–I do a water fast twice a week and often end up with even longer stretches. One important caveat is that you must drink lots and lots of water. That said, it sounds as if you’re actually fasting–zero food–rather than doing the 500 calories that go with 5:2, yes? There’s nothing wrong with that; I’m simply curious what made you approach your fast days that way? One thing to be very cautious about: if the last thing you eat is carb-heavy before you start your fast, it will be FAR harder than if you have protein or fats or veggies, so be aware of that. When I get REALLY hungry on a WFD (water fast day) it helps when I realize that I had lots of carbs the last thing the night before. I’m no less hungry, but it no longer feels like I’m doing something cruel to my body, if that makes sense.

@babs_b Welcome back! Life does often interfere, doesn’t it? I’ll just bet your motivation is even higher for having been gone, and I look forward to reading of your successes!

The funny thing about my laptop repair? It was a hardware issue (the speaker), so the store where I bought it and where I take it for repairs decided that, since it’s still under warranty, it was simpler just to give me a new laptop (with everything moved over, of course). Love that place. 🥰🥰🥰

Pocket List Day 2 💧
    @stitchincarol WFD

Day 2 Wales CD

Relieved to say that I survived yesterday’s FD, the first in over 6 months, and I have decided to aim for a CD today. I really need to work hard this month to undo the damage of recent months.

@at and @brightonbelle I am also logging all food intake this month. Tedious but I know it helps to keep me honest and my best losses have always been when I have recorded every morsel of food and drop of wine.

@stitchincarol we are the same age and weight but I am a bit taller at 5ft 5. I hadn’t lost any height when I last checked but I have definitely changed shape, even when I was at an all time low weight in 2018 my waist measured 2 inches more than it did 30 years ago. I seem to be bigger from the waist down, is it the effect of gravity over the years 😂

Right, time I moved off the sofa, off for a walk to burn a few calories.

Day 2 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@missybear, @babs_b & @michelinme – welcome back!

@anicecupoftea & @imanazie aka Imana – welcome!

@anicecupoftea – ditto what everyone else said re what constitutes a fast day; there really is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach. If you want more information, click on ‘Forum’, & then under ‘Body’ scroll down to ‘Different approaches to intermittent fasting’. You’ll find lots of topics & thousands of posts there.

@stitchincarol – the long sleep is still eluding me. I fall asleep easily enough, but wake up far too early; I guess partly due to all the moving around I’ve done for the past few days. I just need routine for a while. Boo Boo gave me serious attitude yesterday when I visited her. She was eerily quiet, like she’d never even met me before?! She’s usually very vocal, even if I’ve only been gone for 3 or 4 hours. I think she’s trying to punish me. It’s working 😂

@linda.b – re almonds – I know! But only ‘cos I googled it 😏

Day 2 UK CD

I did it! A whole FD yesterday – despite having over-indulged on ice cream, chocolate and popcorn the day before. It was hard but I thought of all the pocket listers and reminded myself I could eat what i wanted today – and did it, woop woop!

I entered the wrong weight yesterday – weight back up to 82kg/180lb after the indulgent and carbtastic weekend. I’m hoping it’ll be easy on easy off and my motivation to get into the 70-something kg / 170-something lbs will give me a bump start & strong motivation for the month.

Today has been super full – I simply can’t fit in all the stuff there is to get in the day…. partly bc long covid fatigue has kicked in again after the last v full 6 weeks and I’m very slow. It’s a shame bc I’d had a real lift with the Phyto V supplements giving me more energy than the last 2.5 years…. hoping it might simply be exhaustion and keep on doing the things that give me better health with everything crossed.

I broke my fast at 4pm with a celebratory magnum for my mother’s 84th birthday (!) then had OMAD of baked sweet potato, pea sausages (Heck brand) and salad followed by strawberries, peach and blueberries – 1100 calories, which will do me nicely.

I’m going away again tomorrow for two nights back with DD. I’ve set aside eggs, salad and fruit to have on the train to keep me away from temptation, and will have healthy vegan supper. We’re out most of Thursday then healthy supper again, train home on Friday midday and will aim to make that a OMAD FD. PLANS – the key to success for me!

@at @brightonbelle @missybear I’m also logging everything I eat this month. Writing it all down gives me extra accountability and a clear picture of what’s working well – and not! Here’s to strength in our labours – we all know this works!
    @at good to have you back too
    @missybear I’m right with you on the undoing and getting back to healthier life. I’m just back on the waggon from end of May but was away for most of July – all went well until I got back and took a nosedive over the weekend!
    @stitchincarol it went pretty well thank you. Really hard but very proud of her and the results are looking promising – now a few weeks’ rest then radiotherapy
    @anicecupoftea @imanzie welcome to the forum and to this month’s challenge! i strongly recommend daily posting – wonderful for external accountability. Hope your FDs go well this week
    @funshipfreddie – you’ve moved – well done! But into one room so temporary, no? Good luck with the next chapter, whatever it holds
    @babs_b welcome back! Hope things are a bit easier for you for a while now
    @lindab great to be back with you – and thank you for hosting this month’s challenge

This is feeling like the gathering of the clans – we have a strong line up for Audacious August, one day at a time 🙂

Day 3, NFD, Aus

Another thing to add to my focus this month is to move more. I say that, looking out the window, at today’s wet and blustery day. NOT inductive to exercise!

Nice to see some new faces: @anicecupoftea and @Imanaize – welcome! You’ll find us a wonderful friendly supportive group (I say with absolutely no sense of modesty!) Interesting how you posted one after the other and both want to lose 30lbs. I see you as 5:2 buddies already! Losing 15 of those pounds by the end of the year is definitely doable, @anicecupoftea!

Are you going to keep up with the training sessions, @mariaelena even though your freebies are over? Oh, I meant to comment on the possibility of your catching up with your OH’s former girlfriend: just remind yourself who he chose to marry!

I’m loving the trivia questions, @linda.b. I don’t know the answer and therefore know I’ve got a 50:50 chance of getting it right but I still dare not post an answer!

Yay for new laptop, @stitchincarol – love it when that sort of thing happens.

And yay for you too @missybear – that first FD is done and successfully behind you. Your comment “is the effect of gravity over the years” reminds me the same thing happens to panes of glass. The windows in very old churches are often thicker at the bottom of the pane than at the top, as the glass is still technically a liquid and very slowly sinks!

Oh no, @funshipfreddie, that sounds like classic Pet Sulk to me! I had a dog once who used to give me the same cold shoulder treatment whenever I’d been away for a while. It was a hilarious routine – she’d see me and get instantly excited with full body-wag, and then a second later you could almost hear her think “oh wait, she LEFT me, how dare she, I won’t stand for that!’ and she would then ignore me for the next several hours. I hope BooBoo forgives you when you’re able to bring back to your new home.

Day 3 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Hi, sorry I am late for August, our bank holiday weekend turned into a 4 night extravaganza, with a trip to North Mayo in the camper van; an almost terrible car accident where DH’s superb driving skills meant a split second before an elderly lady drove straight into us 😱; followed by cuddles with new Grandaughter 😍.

So a few stuff drinks were had. Weight is happily lower than thus time last week so that’s a win.

Great to see you back @missybear…you and I both joined July 2017 so we’re are old troopers now eh? I too have al that weight gain to lose. Together we are stronger.

Ciao…have a great Wednesday 🐪

Day 3, FD, Scotland

Two salads today – Crunchy & Fragrant Sweet Chilli Chicken Noodle Salad – 288 cals and Plant Based Harissa, Chickpea & Grain Salad – 239 cals.

GRIT strengeth class after work.

Day 3 Wales CD

While the enthusiasm of a fresh start is strong I am going for another CD.

Thank you for welcoming me back, I really should not have strayed away. At least I now know I need to work harder at maintenance next time I reach my goal weight. It is sad that many of us have regained, but together we can and will get back to our happy shapes.

@daffodil2010 great to see you are still here too. Since July 2017 I have learnt so much from posters on this forum including your gardening tips. So true that together we are stronger 🙂

@funshipfreddie I see you’re in the throes of moving home, hope you find somewhere lovely and cat friendly soon.

@penz I won’t be able to look at my thick ankles again without thinking of old churches 😂 in fact old churches will be the new name for my ankles 😂😂

Going to visit my dad this morning, taking him a whisky fruit cake and I WILL NOT have a slice. Actually I won’t feel tempted, my mojo is strong today.

Have a good day everyone 😘

Day 3 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. Yesterday turned into an unexpected FD. I feel I’m on the right track, although my weight has trended slightly upward in the past couple of weeks — I was indulging in too many liquid sugars! Got a big work lunch today, but things should calm down a few weeks after that.

Day 03 – Wednesday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – (NFD)❤🧡💛💚💙💜❣

Hello everyone! So sorry I am late with this post (not a very good hostess today, I’m afraid!😐)

Welcome again to the newbies.. so many of you!.. @debi50, @anicecupoftea, @Iselesy, @imanazie, @missybear (returning), @ babs_b (returning), @lilymartin (returning), @songbirdme (returning), @excelsior12309(returning)… (I may have missed a couple!) Oh dear the list goes on… welcome everyone!👏👏👏👏

And the oldbies… you are the foundation and the wisdom to inspire us all!✍✍✍🙏🙏

Reading through the many wonderful posts up there today with everyone sharing their ideas generously with the newbies and the oldbies… it’s just amazing! We have so much wisdom here! We are ‘all ears’ 👂👂 and listen to each other’s approaches to the task at hand. We all have different ways of adapting things to our own individual needs and circumstances, knowing the best way is our own way.

As for me, I must eat…it’s as simple as that. So on my FUN DAYS (FDs) I still eat three (3) meals a day. However, I fill my plate with loads and loads of filling veg 🥑🍄🌶🥬🥦🍅🍆🥕🥦🍄🥦 including masses of dark green veg like broccoli and of course, my secret weapon, mushrooms. On one of the meals, I top with sardines or a small salmon fillet. I don’t measure or count. Drink at least 2 litres of water a day and 6-8 cups of tea while I work (ok, this means many trips to the bathroom of course!🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️) Easy, never hungry. Lucky for me I work from home and my office is next to the kitchen.

I won’t blog on too much tonight as so many of you have graciously already filled the page with welcomes to the newbies and sage advice to us all.

⭐Yesterday’s Trivia? Almonds… seeds or nuts? SEEDS 😋😊😉
    BTW: Seeds are great sources of healthy fats, vegetarian protein, fiber and antioxidant polyphenols.

⭐Today’s TRIVIA (Day 3)
    There are seven (7)countries in Central Asia with the suffix “-stan”: Name five (5).
    hmmmm??? 🤔🤨🤔

So glad everyone is doing so well on their first FUN DAYS (FDs) for the month. Your enthusiasm this month is contagious! 🤩🤩🤩 A few of us have another one tomorrow ie Thursday and I’m up for it!

cheerie dearies

Thought for the day:😜😝😛😜
    Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork. – English proverb

2nd thought for the LOCAs today:
    Night sweats are hot flushes that occur while you are asleep because catching fire in the daytime is not deemed to be sufficient enough…. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Day 3 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Yesterday’s WFD went fine. The day hit 100/39 yesterday, so the cold that always comes from a fast, while less obvious on such a hot day than it is in the middle of winter, was nonetheless very welcome–that temperature didn’t seem particularly hot at all! 🤣😜 Today’s eating plan is to have an omelet for lunch and clean the fridge of leftovers for supper, and have one serving of Monday’s leftover peach cobbler at supper. 😇

@missybear Congratulations on pulling off a FD! Yeah, my waist is a whopping 7″ larger than it used to be, and not entirely because of more weight: it’s simply larger. I think–and this is a guess–that when I get down to something resembling goal weight, it’ll still be 4″ larger, at the very least. 🤷‍♀️ And what a cool cake you’ve made for your dad; what’s the occasion?

@funshipfreddie Not sleeping as well as we want is a huge frustration. I hope routine gives you back some good sleep!

@michelinme Well done on the FD! Have a lovely time being with your DD again, and happy birthday to your mom!

@penz Fascinating tidbit about glass in old windows!!

@daffodil2010 Oh. My. I’m so glad your hubby was able to avoid that accident! Exactly such an accident happened on Sunday, six miles from here, about thirty minutes after we drove that spot on our way home: four cars were involved, and the elderly woman who drove into another car died. SOOO glad you’re okay, and those cuddles with new grandbaby had to have been priceless!

@goal10kg You are so good on your FDs!

@linda.b Trivia Day 3: Well, DS30 and DS25 could both name all 7 of the “-stan” countries, I’m certain, because they’re both obsessed with knowing geography. My answer? One of them starts with a K.

🤷‍♀️

I know lots of “stuff” but details of geography is most definitely not one of them!

Okay, I’d best move my morning forward. Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 3 – UK – CD

A good start to this new challenge month with a FD, CD and hoping for another CD today

Another Restorative Yoga class this morning to end the block before my teacher has a month off for the summer with her family – will miss my regular classes 🙏

@daffodil2010 – lovely to read your post – how good to have enjoyed a long weekend and no weight gain and it sounds like a lucky escape but good reflexes on the part of your OH
    @goal10kg – good plan for your FD today
    @missybear – I’m sure your Dad will enjoy that whisky fruit cake 😋
    @linda.b – I actually knew the answers to your daily Trivia questions and forgot to answer in writing 🤣 but I have to admit of having to look up today’s one 🤔

Much improved weather today, dry but definitely cooler but I’ll take that over the rain

Day 3 Pocket List 🎯 small list so far but you have each other for support 🤗
    @daffodil2010
    @goal10kg

Day 3 UK (train)

Yesterday was a solid CD at just under 1100 calories and my weight seems to have shrunk down to pre-weekend indulgence more promising weight. I’ll wait until my weekly weighday to see if it sticks. Today will be at worst a NFD as I note everything I eat – thus far an unhealthy 350 calories from carelessly consumed tiny crisps and twix bar on the train – I blame the stressful journey across London in the hot and sticky weather.

I was doing so well with being packed after early meeting, trek to station, train, switch to tube…. until a detour on the district line when the train didn’t go the way I’d expected! I had to get off, hotfoot across South Kensington to go back on myself, zip up and down in lifts to get across Earl’s Court station to the original platform and arrived at Paddington just in time for the train- phew! I also discovered i’ve been unexpectedly upgraded to First Class – a bonus for quiet travel and free coffee, but I’m a bit self-conscious eating my egg salad in a box so it may have to be consumed when I arrive

Tomorrow DD and I are going to the commonwealth games athletics! I’m a huge athletics (and commonwealth games) fan, but it’s less about going and more about going together. Early night and early start, and more mindful consuming this time round

@daffodil2010 lovely to see you – and goodness, what a lucky escape! Well done DH for super-speedy evasive manoeuvres. Congratulations on the new granddaughter. here’s to another challenge of cheering each other on x

@goal10kg i love your straightforward approach to FDs – where do you shop for your salads?

@at well done getting back into the swing! Do you have some online yoga classes or recordings to keep you going over the break?

@lindab loving your daily chat & trivia quizes. Yesterday I guessed wrong, today I had 5 today but forgot both the easy ones!!

@stitchincarol that’s HOT! I’d forgotten about the cold on FDs – maybe why i wasn’t so restless last night

Strength to today’s pocket listers x

Day 3 UK NFD

Almond a seed who’d a thunk it 🌱However as a big time quizzer I know todays 🌏@linda.b

Fasting tomorrow then a challenging stretch for me Pride weekend , and then a few days away in Bristol/Bath a surprise trip for DHs birthday , I’m currently trying to focus on the big picture, so there may be a few big consumption days but there’s a lot of the month left to set that right 💪

Day 3 FD 800

Hmm. @linda.b I once knew about almonds, but that bit of info had left my brain and had me questioning myself. Today’s question would require me to google an answer as I can come up with only 3.

@stitchincarol It will be so nice to put summer in the rear view mirror and leave the three digit (f) temperatures in the dust. But glad that worked out to be a good day to have to deal with heat.

Lots of food logging going on! That’s one of those things that doesn’t work well for me in the long term picture but can be a pick me up boost when things feel out of control. Long term it frustrates me, and a focus on timing (not eating outside meals) serves me better, but I’ve never been the organized type so the frustration is probably more about it feeling like a chore. When I did it, MFP was such a help – my mom would have loved it in her time.

@funshipfreddie when I used to travel regularly for work, my cat would get so stand-off ish about it until we came up with the theory I smelled wrong to him. So we would keep a towel in the bathroom while I was away, then I would immediately shower when I came home and wrap myself up in it. He would be his normal self with me then. Our theory was I looked right, sounded right, but had a lot of unfamiliar smells on me so he was just not sure. I watch my kitties interact after one goes to the vet, and I’m more convinced smell is at the bottom of such behaviors.

@penz How fascinating about glass and old window panes! I love learning about unexpected things like that. @missybear LOL on the thick ankle (a trait I share with you) nickname! I have transitioned to wearing mostly invisible low cut footy socks to avoid the elastic on socks irritating my ankles.

@penz Unfortunately continued training sessions are beyond our budget – so I have to be diligent in applying what I have learned in my own workouts. On the plus side, we inherited my bro-in-law’s weight training equipment when he discarded it – and I’m putting it to good use. My husband had thought it was for him but he never touched it in years and it had quite a dusty/dirty overlay from being housed in the garage but cleaned up as good as new! My living room looks a tad odd tho 😉. The other plus is the ability to end a workout and immediately go take a hot soak in the bath. That really helps with aching muscles!

Thanks all for the kind words about seeing DH’s ex next month. I’m really fine about it, except for old insecurities nagging at my brain. I would have thought the passage of decades would have negated those – but they still seem to remain with me. So, I’ll be compassionate with myself and turn them into workout and healthy eating mojo.

Today is my regularly scheduled FD so I add myself to the list.

Day 3 Pocket List 🎯
    @daffodil2010
    @goal10kg
    @mariaelena

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 342 total)

You must be logged in to reply.