All Aboard for Audacious August 2022…31 days, 1 day at a time challenge!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
All Aboard for Audacious August 2022…31 days, 1 day at a time challenge!

This topic contains 341 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  matpi 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 342 total)

• Day 3 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@michelinme & @missybear – thank you. Yes, I’m pretty much staying in a very small hotel room + bathroom. But I’m so glad I didn’t sign any leases before I got here. I saw a place yesterday that I almost went for before I arrived. I had my suspicions; the photos & description just didn’t tally 😳 I’ve got my eye on a one bedroom, pet-friendly garden cottage just down the road if it’s still available at the end of the month

@penz – 😅 I think Boo Boo’s already forgiven me. She was much livelier today. And Carol-the-cat-lady, so patient , & she says I’m welcome whenever I’m passing. It’s a stunning cattery, & she has 15 cats of her own?!

@mariaelena – great idea re the towel?! And I just thought – they have a couple of dogs here where I’m staying, & they always run out to greet me whenever I’m leaving/arriving. So no doubt she can smell them too.

@linda.b – I’d love to stop & play trivia, but I just did a 6 km walk around Port Elizabeth Golf Course, & it’s time to eat! 😅

Pocket List – Day 3 🎯
    @goal10kg
    @daffodil2010
    @mariaelena
    @funshipfreddie

Day 3, FD, UK.

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome to this forum. Happy to be part of it. Haven’t figured out how to tag individuals yet but will work on that.

My day 2 was interesting, went well with my choices until the evening when I went full on Cookie Monster with crisps (chips for those in the US) and chocolate – so having read through some of the other posts here, decided to frame my NFDs differently and call the CDs so I’m positioned to stay in control.

One of the welcoming members commented that I fasted fully on my FD vs having up to 500 Kcals, for me, I think it’s likely not possible to stop at 500 so going with tea / water only all day.

Love reading everyone’s experience and learning from you.
    Enjoy your day/evening.

🫖

Day 4, FD, Aus

You’re an excellent host @linda.b! Are you getting your trivia questions from your weekly trivia night out? I seem to recognise the –stan one from one of our pub trivia nights from a few weeks ago. (So I know the answer!)

If you don’t mind I’m going to borrow your old churches reference, @missybear, I love it.

Tagging a name is easy, @anicecupoftea – you simply put the @ symbol in front of the name.

Day 04 – Thursday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FUN DAY (FD)😎😍🤩😎

Perhaps I’ll call it FOCUS DAY today?? hmmm? 🤓🧐🤔🤔 Nevertheless it’s really a FAST DAY (FD)… but that sounds so boring. FUN DAY makes it sound…. well.. fun! 🤣😂😁🤣

So for the newbies, for lunch, my main meal today, I’ll be eating a tin of sardines🐟🐟 … not everyone likes them but I find them so tasty on a FD and good for me too. My accompanying salad will be al dente 🥦🍆🥕🍄🍄🥦🥦 and fresh 🥑🌶🍅🍅🥕🥒 and anything else in the bottom of fridge! Dinner will be just the veg and salad without the sardines. Easy peasy!🎈🎈

@funshipfreddie… glad you’re exploring your surrounds… that golf course walk sounds just the thing…. and then there’s the 19th hole at the end of it. Nice way to get to know the locals too! 🤩🙂😊

These time zones are interesting🕐🕙🕟🕝🕛… so as we, on this side of the globe, are starting on our Thursday, the others on the other side of the globe are completing their Wednesdays. It makes for a strange little disconnect. 😊😉

Re the trivia… cheating permitted.. (I prefer to call it research!😜) … where would we be without Google? @penz, the questions come from all over the internet and yesterday’s came from my daily frustrations with GLOBLE! All those ‘stans’ to remember🙃😕🤯🤯!

Here’s a question, how many of us are into WORDLE? Quite a few I suspect. Self-inflicted addiction … and just another way to slowly drive us all a little crazy😵🥴

@michelinme .. Lucky you⭐⭐⭐…. going to the Commonwealth Games with DD. Your train trip there sounded like a nightmare though! We had the last C.Games right here on the Gold Coast in 2018 and I went to the opening ceremony with my DD.. we’ve been watching on tv (in the middle of the night here!) and really gives you a sense that ‘all’s right with the world’ for a little bit! These athletes from so many different big and small countries are just so inspiring to watch.

@mariaelena… agree with you about the food logging….doesn’t suit me either… but I know it’s helpful for some. How lucky you found that you already own some training equipment… woohoo! …no stopping you now! 🏃‍♀️🚶‍♀️🏋️‍♀️🚴‍♀️🤸‍♀️

To all yesterday’s (Wednesday) pocketlisters…. Hope it all went well and can’t wait to see your results in a few days!

⭐Yesterday’s Trivia? Day 03: Seven (7) countries in Central Asia with the suffix “-stan”: Name five (5). (@stitchincarol… in fact two of them start with ‘K’… ) Anyone get them all? Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, and Pakistan

Still here? Ok then…
    ⭐Today’s TRIVIA (Day 04)
    What is the common name for Allium sativum?
    .. hmmm???? 🤪🥴😳

Must get back to work…… it’s 11.30am and I’m looking forward to lunch in an hour…

Cheerie dearies

Thought for the day:
    If it’s not there, you can’t eat it (so wise!🤩)

Pocket List – Day 4 🎯
    @linda.b

Day 04 – Thursday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FUN DAY (FD)😎😍🤩😎 2nd post

Hey @penz… medal for you for knowing the whole 7 stans! You’re a legend! 🥇
    @stitchincarol … you were correct with the ALMONDS are SEEDS🥇

I did GLOBLE in two hits today …. ok it was a fluke of course..but I’ll take it!.. However WORDLE was in 4…..

Lunch was yumm!😋😋

Day 4 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – CD

Happy to report a 2.2lb loss overnight, and DH is also down 7lbs since Monday so we are happy with the progress.

@linda.b I too have realised that although I can and have fasted and gone ZBC and hours without eating, I do much prefer to have breakfast, lunch and then I don’t feel like a thing possessed when it comes to evening meal. Just keep the calories low. Lots of protein for me, and on alternate days, huge amounts of fresh salad and veg too.

Oh, and being a gardener I know the answer to today’s trivia 😇😇. I got 6 of the stans too…the Takistan got me though.

@stitchincarol, the accident near you sounds terrible. Ours could have resulted in a similar fate. We were driving on this rural road in our big 5 ton camper van, a German camper van was coming towards us, and suddenly this small red car just kept coming out of a junction, clipped the rear of the German van and continued into our path 😱 DH did some serious swerving, we ended up going over a ditch but back into the road…..I reacted by putting my hands over my eyes and waiting for the bang. Thankfully we just missed her. When we got out of the van her car was a right off in the middle of the junction, but thankfully she was standing uninjured by her car, in deep shock. She had never stopped at the Stop sign. The German couple and their baby were also ok. But some damage to their van. We hadn’t got a scratch!!!

Just one split second could have meant a fatal incident as she would not have stood a chance against our tank of a van. We counted our blessings indeed.

So, off to work. @funshipfreddie, I hope you get the dream place soon, and Boo-Boo will come around.

Take care all.

Day 4 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. My body is being stubborn and so am I. I enjoyed our meal at work yesterday completely, and now a FD awaits today. August must move in the right direction, no question.

Pocket List – Day 4 🎯
    @linda.b
    @northgeorgia

Day 4 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

I slept with a headache all night, took some Excedrin at dawn and gave up and took migraine medicine at 7am. It’s still bothering me, but not as bad, so mostly it’s simply slowing me down. I’m so thankful I don’t get them as often and as debilitatingly (is that even a word??? 😂) as I did when I was younger.

Yesterday’s eating was almost on target; what I ate beyond my stated intentions doesn’t trouble me because I didn’t capitulate and drink a beer or margarita, even though we ended up going out to dinner to a Mexican restaurant–exactly where beer or a margarita complements the food perfectly. Today’s WF should be fine because I’m assuming my migraine meds will finally kick this thing by the time I need to be strong.

@funshipfreddie Well done on swerving a sketchy place! What’s a garden cottage?

@anicecupoftea Nice reframing of NFDs to CDs. @basyjames was a regular last year until she got down to goal weight, and regularly assured us that success is far more mental than physical, so your reframing is a perfect response to your EFS the other night.

@linda.b I may have to try a tin of sardines at some point; you make them sound so lovely. 🥰 I was doing Wordle, but when I discovered Nerdle (the same, except with numbers) and then Binerdle (two at the same time), I fell in love and haven’t looked back. Do it every day and almost always succeed. 😇 As to today’s trivia question: I recognized “allium” but didn’t put two and two together and had to google the answer. Great question!

@daffodil2010 Oh, my word. Your description of the near-accident gave me chills. So very thankful it all turned out okay. And my first thought when I read this yesterday? Who would have told us all what happened if the worst happened and you and DH were killed in the accident??? We all of us need to tell dear ones that if we die, they have to be sure and post on the forum. I mean, not to be morbid, but just think how awful that would have been. So, as I said, SO glad you’re okay, and so is the German lady, and the family in the other vehicle.

@northgeorgia Your stubbornness is what’s going to give you success; we’re cheering you on!

My headache is finally nearly gone; I’m so thankful for migraine meds, and feel so sorry for all the millions who had migraines in the past without any effective medicine for them! I probably got it from the heat (?) since I had one last week also, but didn’t have one for perhaps a year before that. 🤷‍♀️ Today is only going to get to 88/31, and right now it’s a wonderful 63/17. 88 is lovely when the night before cools way down like that.

Okay, I’m off. Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 4 🎯
    @linda.b
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

Day 4 – UK – CD

Today was going to be a FD but I decided to move that to tomorrow but should come in for CD today 🤞

Lovely few hours spent on the coast dog walking with DD today – blue skies and sunshine, the tide was out and we had the beach at Haverigg Point all to ourselves…..until a group from my DD’s riding school came along for a beach ride.

@michelinme – lucky you and DD for getting to see live athletics at the CG – shame about the hiccup with your travel plan. Yes I do have access to some Pilates zoom classes and will also do YouTube “Yoga with Adrienne” so will keep going during the holidays.
    @funshipfreddie – hope you find something more permanent soon and you and Boo Boo are reunited
    @anicecupoftea – I find it easier to stick to OMAD on my FDs and I drink lots of water and cups of tea (semi skimmed milk accounted for) to keep me going during the day – another trick is to keep busy making sure I include a couple of hours for exercise e.g Yoga or a walk
    @linda.b – I remembered 4 of yesterday’s question – had to google the others but being a keen 👩‍🍳 I know today’s Trivia question! BTW my DH also loves tin sardines – I like the ones in chilli oil on toast 😋

I have my book club meeting tonight – probably the real reason why my FD has been moved to tomorrow as I knew that I would enjoy a glass of wine with the group and have accounted for that in my allowance for today 😇

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 4 Wales FD

Today has flown, busy with household stuff and setting up a new phone but managed to get in a decent walk. No time to think about food or hunger so perfect for a FD. My Fitbit seems pleased with my performance so far this week.

Got to dash, just time for a quick shower before my dinner of simple baked salmon fillet with green veggies.

Day 4 UK FD

Haven’t had time to read last 24 hours posts , catch you tomorrow x

Pocket List – Day 4 🎯
    @linda.b
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle

Day 5, NFD, Aus

I love Wordle but I often forget to do it every day. Problem is I usually do it in the morning so posting the answer here is a big no-no as half the forum are yet to do the day’s problem!

Last night DH announced he’s going to do keto next week. This is great news as he will be focused on what he’s consuming which will make it easier for me too – I won’t do keto but him ‘behaving’ will help make sure I don’t over-indulge on NFDs. (The downside is he’s one of those super annoying people that drop weight easily and quickly.)

*phew* @daffodil2010 for your hubby’s quick reflexes. It could have been so much worse! Oh morbid thought, @stitchincarol – I miss regular names like @flourbaby and just assume life has got too busy but what if something worse has happened. You’re right, we might never know!

Sorry call, I cannot do sardines!! Our dogs get a can of sardines once a week (it’s amazing for their coat) and the smell of it is enough to put me off. Let alone my association of sardines = dog food!

Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 4 Ohio, US — MFD
    Days 2 and 3 — NFD

This is just to check in. Have made it through the MFD in good shape, but have been down with some sort of sinus infection/allergy for the last few days. Hope everyone has had good fasting!

Day 5 AUS FD

Hi all! I’ve been off the forum since March-ish: I got a promotion at work that caused my workdays to spiral, and then I got covid (like everyone).

Naturally, this was not great for my weight control, but I started righting course at the beginning of last month, and did mostly the Fast800 program over July. Am now 4.5k (almost 10 lbs) down, with 2k to go.

I’ve been sitting on 55k (121 lbs) for the past week, so I’m switching over now to the traditional 5.2 fasting plan, and am doing the 500 cals today.

My first goal is simply to get under 120 lbs, but my final goal is 53k (and ideally 115 lbs, which is just under).

This is actually manageable this month, and I’d like to fit back into all of my clothes properly! I am mostly there now, which gives me motivation, but there is some muffin top happening with my jeans, so I am back on the forum to keep myself focused, and to encourage all the new members, too!

Day 05 – Friday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – (NFD) 🎵🎶🔔🎼🎶🔔🎵🎺🎺🎺

Well here we are……almost at the end of our first week in Audacious August 2022. How are we doing, guys and gals???

Quite a few of you held your RESOLVE to follow your plans and knocked off two FDs for the week already. Well done! 👏👏👏👏
    For others, don’t let a misstep so early in your plan to undo you….. there are three (today, Saturday, Sunday) more wonderful days left in the week to follow through with your plan…… you can do it!
    @at is a great example of how to move her FD along🤩🤩. Just imagine the pride you’ll feel on Sunday night when you can review your week and see that you stuck to your plan after all? Nothing stopping you….. just find the RESOLVE to do it and catch up. That is the truly wonderful aspect of FDs….. life has a way of getting in the way of our RESOLVE but with FDs it’s easy fixed by moving your FD along a day or two. Right?? You know it! It ain’t 🚀🚀science!

@daffodil2010…. woohoo… you’re on your way… down! (and your DH too!)⭐🌟⭐

@stitchincarol..😣😥😕 that migraine sounds terrible. That prolonged heat must have contributed to it…… you have really been suffering weather extremes there. The news is full of the awful flooding in Kentucky and surrounds…. the extreme heat and bushfires in the Continent and UK …. Australia with our recent floods and the unprecedented bushfires a little while ago … good grief… I keep hearing that word ‘unprecedented’ over and over again in relation to world climate events. Alarming, hey? 🥴😵🥴

@missybear.. oh my .. just read your post about “simple baked salmon fillet with green veggies”. It’s approaching lunch time here and found myself licking my lips for such a delicious meal! hmmm!… yep that’s what I’ll have today too… won’t be baked though as don’t have time in the middle of workday.. but can quickly poach in the microwave… Ha! I can feel the anti-MWers recoiling in horror… but honestly it’s such a simple thing to place the fish in a glass dish, cover with water and slices of lemon, pop in the MW and voila! poached fish dish to devour!🥳🥳

@penz … re “(The downside is he’s one of those super annoying people that drop weight easily and quickly.)”…. why is life so unkind? 😫😯😪😝😜… re the sardines…my coat is shiny too! woof!🐕🐕🐩🐩🐕🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@brightonbelle… that’s ok, we’ll catch you tomorrow or sometime soon! Busy is as busy does! Life is a juggling act 🤹‍♀️🤹‍♀️🤹‍♀️. That’s another great thing about this forum… we’re all flexible, we can drop by whenever!

@northgeorgia… how’d that FD go yesterday (Day 04)??? Hope you didn’t get side-tracked! If so, then we have three days left of the week Friday, Saturday, Sunday to catch up, hey? 😋😊😉 We’re all cheering you on!📣📣📣📣

@anicecupoftea… I love that little teapot at the end your posts! Every time I see it I pop on the kettle for another nice cup of tea! ☕☕

⭐Yesterday’s Trivia? (Day 04)
    What is the common name for Allium sativum? GARLIC 🧄🧄🧄

⭐Today’s TRIVIA (Day 05)
    If you have Mageirocophobia, what are you afraid of?
    hmmmmm???😕🙃😕

The day is flying past… it’s lunch time already and I have a piece of salmon fillet to poach🐟😋😋😋

Cheerie dearies

Thought for the day (I have an endless supply!😂):

Imagine yourself 6 months from now. Don’t stop it’ll be worth it! 😍😍😍😍

Pocket List – Day 05 🎯 Anyone up for it?

Day 05 – Friday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – (NFD) 🎵🎶🔔🎼🎶🔔🎵🎺🎺🎺 2nd post

Hi and welcome back @litprof – we cross-posted! Great to have another Aussie 🦘🦘🦘on board … our devious plan is to take over the world, and then the universe! Keep it quiet 🤫🤫from the others though! ha ha😂😁

Fantastic results with only the last 2 kg to go… fantastic effort ….. I found the last 2 kg the hardest to budge in May/June, so hopefully that won’t be your experience and you’ll soon hit your target 🎯 and be joining the WOL maintainers for spring in just 4 weeks time! Go girl… you’re an inspiration to us all!👏👏👏

Day 05 – Friday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – (NFD) 🎵🎶🔔🎼🎶🔔🎵🎺🎺🎺 3rd post
    @matpi … sorry cross-posted with you too! That allergy is not good… are you sure you’re not in Qld Autralia??? ….. the wattle have come out here and the pollen creates havoc with us hayfever sufferers! Hope you feel better soon. 💐

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

FD on a Friday, first time for everything. We plan a busy motorbiking day tomorrow, leave house at 6.30am, we do a photo rally which tomorrow will involve a drive around 630km round trip, hopefully home by 6pm, and a healthy dinner will await. So today is FD, dry Friday, and early to bed.

Oh my @stitchincarol, I never thought of that, ie how would the gang here on the forum know if anything happened to us 😨

Have a great Friday all.

Day 5 Wales TDEE

Feeling good with 2 FDs and 2 CDs achieved this week, already my trousers are feeling less uncomfortably tight 😊

DH and I had plans to go for an early evening beach walk then a drink at a beach bar which would work well with low tide and lovely sunshine, but he currently has a tummy upset…..just hoping he feels better as the day progresses 🤞 I have planned my meals for today to include a couple of glasses of wine and still be within TDEE. I am aiming to keep NFDs within TDEE this month.

@daffodil2010 your weather is usually similar to Pembrokeshire and we are forecast lovely sunshine for next week, should be good for your motorbike trip, enjoy 😎

@linda.b loving your trivia questions, but haven’t a clue today 🤷‍♀️

Have a good day everyone!

Day 5 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 212 lbs. Yikes, got to run and get on the road before the school traffic hits!

Day 5, CD, UK.
    Reframing NFD to CD seems to work – so far so good….

Few challenges upcoming, meal out this weekend, will “CD” that one – and choose wisely. 12 Days holiday abroad too – all inclusive hotel so currently trying to figure out what I’ll do. I think it would be unrealistic to have any FDs but might be able to do some 18:6 etc. – any advice?

Figured out that it’s easier to post here using my computer than my phone so hopefully I’ll be a little more interactive.

Have a good day everyone.
    🫖

Day 5 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Yesterday’s WF went fine, and the migraine was gone within an hour of posting; I’m never casual about being thankful for migraine meds!!

I’m struggling to know if I’m losing weight or still eating enough on NFDs that I’m only maintaining, because my weight fluctuates so extremely. For example, last Sunday, I weighed 156.0. Boy oh boy, did I gasp at that, having no idea why it was so bad! At noon, I weighed again. I was 153.0. See what I mean?? This morning I’m 148.6, and startled it’s not just a bit lower, which would be typical after a second WFD. But, my goals for August are to WF on T&Th, to have only 5 alcoholic drinks per week, and not to eat before noon on the other five days, and I’ve succeeded with that this week, so instead of second-guessing my approach, I’m celebrating that I’ve been successful so far this week and stay the course.

This morning, DH and I are driving an hour to the town where his mom lives, and joining his three siblings to move his mom from her independent living apartment to an assisted living apartment; her dementia has suddenly become really bad. She was given a 30 question dementia test and could answer only 8 of them; the information on the test says that if you can answer 9 or fewer, you have “severe” dementia. We’re all wondering how we missed the signs, and realizing we’ve simply been ignoring them, thinking it was just typical “old person confusion” (she’s 92). So I’ll get a workout carrying boxes and stuff from one apartment through the hallways to her new place in a different wing! 😇

Welcome back, @litprof! Congratulations on your promotion, and on your successful loss of 10 kg!!!

@linda.b I have two weather-related stories. First, DH went outside last night to sit and enjoy the starlight. When he came in a half hour later, he said he couldn’t stick it out any longer because he was too chilly. It was 80/27. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 We do get used to the heat, you know! Second story: don’t know if you all know about the Noah’s Ark in Kentucky, but it’s a replica of the ark according to the instructions in the Bible. I’ve been there, and it’s fascinating–google it. Anyway, there was a headline the other day: “Kentucky Noah’s Ark sues insurance company over damage from heavy rain.” Oh, we laughed and laughed!! Oh, and FUNNY word! (I had to google it to know.)

@anicecupoftea Advice for a holiday? Don’t eat as if there’s no tomorrow. Sounds simplistic, but that’s really the answer. One of the questions I like to ask myself is, “If I eat this, will I still be glad tomorrow? Next month? In a year?” So, my mom’s Date Nut Swirls at Christmas? Yup, and looking forward to them this December. That extra glass of wine I had on vacation two months ago? Nope. Not at all. Try this approach, and see if it doesn’t work for you.

@missybear Bummer on your hubby feeling under the weather; hopefully he’s much better by this evening so you can still enjoy your plans!

Okay, off to fold the load of laundry that just finished and wash a few dishes, and then we’ll be off. Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 05 🎯
    @at
    @daffodil2010

Day 5 – 16:8

I forgot to post yesterday but the day’s eating and exercise went well.

@stitchincarol I loved the irony in that headline and did a google dig – True Fact, but from 2019. Still it made me giggle. Kudos for staying the course this week! And like you (once again) I’m a migraine sufferer- but oh so thankful that the debilitating ones I suffered when younger seem to be firmly in the past.

@dafodil2010 FD on a Friday! I have never attempted that as I am pretty sure I would not succeed. I relish knowing that on 5:2 I do not have to do that on my weekend days a CD will suffice. Mentally that makes a big difference to my mojo.

@matpi I hope you’re on the mend soon. Sinus problems in the summer heat are no fun at all!

@penz I feel that! I’m another who’s DH can seemingly effortlessly lose weight when he puts his mind to it. Of course we are happy for them, but I do wish the genetic/metabolic lottery were more fairly distributed – lol, he has the long lush eyelashes I really could use too. But we joke together – I could use a bit of his excess blood pressure and he could use a bit of my acute sense of smell. Lol.

Ok, cats acting up again this morning so I’m gonna act the cat wrangler now. Have a good day and weekend all.

Today’s high predicted to be 105° – that makes it over a month of continuous triple digit temps. Yes, we usually get some days over 100° but not 30+ of them in a row with many exceeding 105!

@stitchincarol – thanks for the holiday advice, I think I’ll apply “mindful” eating and bear in mind your methodology – luckily I don’t drink alcohol so I don’t need to consider that – volume and sweet stuff will be the things I’ll have to watch…

can I ask – what is a “pocketlist” of names?

🫖

second post

@anicecupoftea The pocket list started way back when one of the forum members made a list of everyone who was fasting that day and literally put it in her pocket; whenever she was tempted to break her plan, she’d pull out the list, look at the names, and know she had to stay strong. I doubt any of us make a list and put it literally in our pockets these days, but it’s simply a list, and thinking of those who are fasting on a given day can help give us strength and RESOLVE to persevere.

third post

@gardenlily Where are you????

Day 5 Ohio, US — NFD

Finally, just an ordinary NFD! Today’s weigh-in showed 181 lb (82.4 kg), so the weight is still holding steady, i.e., still on the plateau.

@mariaelena That’s an incredible heat wave! With any luck the days getting noticebly shorter will help to break that string of 100+ degree days.

@stitchincarol Sorry to hear about your MIL. It’s good that all the siblings are helping out with the move.

@daffodil2010 A couple of years ago I had a course that met on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I found out that if I fasted on Thursday, I would get too tired after class. So for quite some time then I fasted on Fridays. It can be done — and on the bright side Friday fasting ties in with the old practice of doing penance on Fridays. So a Friday fast can kill two birds with one stone 🙂

@linda.b A little question: I just finished a Ngaio Marsh novel in which one of the characters gives himself away as an Australian by his use of the phrase “Good-oh.” Is that still a popular phrase? I’ve never heard it used in “Blue Heelers”, or “Wellington Paranormal.”

Day 06 – Saturday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – (NFD) 🎵🎶🔔🎼🎶🔔🎵🥁🥁🥁🥁

@stitchincarol … ha ha ha ha ha 🤣😂🤣🤣 your weather related stories had me laughing out loud….. hilarious! Re your up hill and down dale ride….it must be so frustrating. Does MM ever talk about this mysterious daily weight fluctuation syndrome that happens for some and have possible solutions? I found this website about it:https://www.healthline.com/health/weight-fluctuation …… might help to understand it a little, no solution though. That all said, I guess the mathematics must win out in the end, hey? That is the 5 x NFD @ TDEE-2 x FDs=⬇🔽. On another note, very sad news about your DH’s mother, dementia is just evil… especially for the family around them, so cruel. Fortunately the ones who have it are usually blissfully unaware of it. You have a very big day ahead which, no doubt, will be emotional for you both too… 🥰🤗🥰🤗 . PS: you gave us a nice explanation of the Pocket List too, thank you… you’re a champ!! 👏👏👏

@mariaelena … oh those temperatures… more than 30 days of 100+…. I’m melting just thinking about it🔥🔥🔥. Must say you get big kudos for still maintaining any sort of exercise in that heat.😅😅😅 Hope there is change soon!

@anicecupoftea …you are such a good planner! ✅ It really pays to plan ahead as we never want to undo our wins but, of course, we want to enjoy life too!🎈🎠🪁 The nice thing about holidays is that we can usually build in more activity ie walking, exercise etc. Combined with TDEE and TRE on some days you should be able to maintain your level until you come back to your normal routine… Several of the group have luckily had lovely holidays over the past few months and most of them quite successfully maintained (more or less) without spoiling their holiday fun. After all, it’s a holiday, right? 🌟🌞🌟 So number one priority is fun, recreation and rest. This should never be about deprivation because essentially this is NOT a diet but rather a Way of Life (WOL)… and hey, manana! You’ll be able to offset any gains anyway when you come home! I’m green 💚 with envy about your holiday abroad… Enjoy it! 😀😊😎🤩

This is interesting reading if anyone would like to reinforce their thinking about IF… it’s the mathematics, so trust the science!
    https://thefivetwodiet.wordpress.com/2013/07/21/the-math-of-intermittent-fasting/
    The math of intermittent fasting
    Posted on July 21, 2013 by Erik Torsner
    There’s a math behind intermittent fasting, and it’s quite easy to understand. All in all, it’s about restricting your calorie intake. Most traditional diets have the calorie restriction set up so that you make sure you eat less on each and every day. With the 5:2 diet and other forms of Intermittent fasting, the difference is really only that you measure the calorie restriction on a weekly basis instead. Let’s look at an example:

Let’s take Lisa, a middle aged, slightly overweight female. Her normal calorie intake per week to remain her current weight would be 14000 calories. That’s 2000 calories per day x 7 days a week = 14000.

Let’s put Lisa on a normal calorie restricted diet where she can only eat 1600 calories per day. Her weekly calorie intake would now become 1600 calories per day x 7 days a week = 11200.

Now instead, let’s put Lisa on the 5:2 diet. Lisa will eat normally for 5 days and but only 500 calories for 2 days. That would add up to: 2000 x 5 + 500 x 2 = 10000 + 1000 = 11000 calories per week

As you can see, a little depending on what diet we compare to, the calories consumed in an intermittent fasting diet is about the same as when in a diet with constant calorie restriction. At the end of the week, both diets saved roughly 3000 calories. As it happens, 3000 calories is almost the same as 1 pound of body fat. So for every week that you’re on this diet, you will lose 1 pound.

Enough of that.. let’s have some fun….it’s TRIVIA TIME!🥁🥁🥁📣📣📣

⭐Yesterday’s Trivia (Day 05) – (Promise I didn’t make this one up.. it’s a thing apparently!🤣😂🤣)
    If you have Mageirocophobia, what are you afraid of?
    Mageirocophobia is a fear of cooking. It’s actually extremely common but is only considered a “phobia” when the fear is so extreme that it interferes with day-to-day life.

⭐Today’s TRIVIA (Day 06)
    “Spam” is a popular food in Hawaii. Which two words were combined to create the brand name? hmmmmm?😵😵🤔🤔

That’s your lot for today, have a blissful weekend everyone 🎈🪁🪁🪁

cheerie dearies from downunder🦘🦘🦘🦘🦘

Thought for the day
    They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. Andy Warhol

Pocket List – Day 06 🎯 (anyone catching up on their FDs over the weekend? You have the power to do this 🚀🚀)

Day 06 – Saturday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – (NFD) 🎵🎶🔔🎼🎶🔔🎵🥁🥁🥁🥁 2nd post

@matpi … we cross-posted. That plateau is stubborn! 😣😣😣

Re: Good-oh ….. I think we caught it (it’s infectious) from our Kiwi pals from over the ditch (New Zealand). Yes, we do hear it quite a bit as we have a very large cohort of Kiwis who’ve migrated permanently in Australia and, of course, we are a major tourist destination for them as well. BTW, Ngaio Marsh, the author, is also a Kiwi. You also know you’re chatting with a Kiwi when at the end of most sentences they tack on “eh”. I have a lovely friend who arrived here 50 years ago and at the end of most sentences she still says “eh” and it also can be contagious, eh! 🤣😂🤣
    Good-oh, have a great weekend, eh!🎈🪁🪁

Day 6 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD
    Days 4 & 5 – NFD

I’m here! Still alive, I’m sure you’ll all be delighted to know. My laptop is dead though 😪 Off to look for a new one.
    Will post properly tomorrow.

Have a lekker weekend 🌤 🌈

Day 6 – UK Cam – NFD
    Just checking in to August – been on holiday in Scotland since Monday morning so not had time to catch up with posts (no internet). Will read some posts, catch up with everyone’s news and make you all very envious of my holiday later on today – loads of chores to deal with back home (DH left in charge with lunatic labrador assistant).

Day 6 UK NFD

Getting in early (ish) today , think I’ve been concentrating on getting my 30 day yoga in each day I’ve been postponing logging in – then I forget !

Good to hear you’re still with us , looking forward to hearing more @funshipfreddie

Didn’t know yesterday’s but have todays @linda.b✅

Have a good weekend all

Day 6 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

We got MIL moved yesterday, but not without LOTS of emotion. She is extremely angry at all of us for moving her against her wishes, and didn’t hesitate to say whatever cutting or sarcastic thing she thought of. The toughest part of the day was when she broke down in tears and sobbed in the heartbreak that everyone thought she was “crazy.” Honestly, I’m sad to say it wasn’t that tough for me because after liking me for the first few years of our marriage, she hasn’t liked me since, so yesterday wasn’t all that different from her normal behavior to me (although, in front of others, she has always mostly ignored me, so the others probably don’t realize it), but her daughter, the sweetest woman in the world, was suffering horribly at her mom’s anger and harsh words. Dementia is an awful disease.

Today, I go back to the shop where I rent a long-arm machine and quilt–put in the actual stitches that are seen, that hold the top, the back, and the batting together. I have three baby quilts to do and spent the week getting them ready, so am hopeful I can get all three done today; we’ll see how fast I am and if any problems pop up, or if I just sail through the process. The wonderful thing about today’s agenda is that I’m busy all day, which will help tremendously with not over eating/snacking.

@matpi So sorry you’ve been under the weather, and glad you’re finally out of it.

@linda.b Thanks for the article on weight fluctuation. It basically told me what I know, but it was interesting to read, and when I followed the information on getting sufficient potassium and magnesium, I realized I haven’t been cooking/serving spinach for MONTHS. Don’t know why not, since that used to be a normal part of our weekly diet, sometimes as salad, sometimes sauteed as a veggie; it will be included again starting now!

As to Spam, it’s not known for certain as it’s a secret, but the assumed meaning is…am I supposed to say?? I’ve been seeing lots of advertisements for it over the past few months, and haven’t had any since I was a kid, so I bought a can a couple months ago and sliced it up for Sunday brunch on a day when both sons were here. We could barely eat it–and the eldest had only one bite–because it was so horribly salty. That’s unfortunate, but it’s sure handy and actually sorta tasty…if you can separate the taste from the salt.

@funshipfreddie I’ve wondered what was up, and VERY glad to know you’re still alive!! Bummer on the dead laptop.

@gardenlily Oh, that’s RIGHT. I’d forgotten you were off to Scotland. I look forward to your descriptions that will make me envious, as I’m certain I will be!

Because MIL moved from a one bedroom apartment to a one-room apartment, she had lots of stuff that had to go into storage; we don’t know yet if she’ll get a one-bedroom apartment in the assisted living wing when one comes available, or if she’ll just stay where she is, but for now DH and I brought home her MASSIVE TV and will borrow it. We’ve always wondered if we actually want a larger TV than we have so this is our chance to find out for free; we got home too tired and too late yesterday to care, but DH and I are going to set it up shortly. I’m rather looking forward to such a large picture, LOL!

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 6 Wales TDEE

A strange thing happened yesterday evening. DH recovered from his tummy upset so we went for a lovely beach walk then for a 🍷at a bar overlooking the beach. I had allowed for two🍷but only had one and when we got home for dinner I happily drank water! On a Friday!! 😇

The mojo is strong at the moment so I am taking full advantage of this new enthusiasm, one day at a time 🙂
    Tonight I am planning on drinking a couple of alcohol free gins with low cal tonic totalling 45 calories. There is method in this madness……we are planning on visiting a new marina development mid week so I want to save up some alcohol calories for then 😉

@stitchincarol my weight also fluctuates madly. I now prefer to judge success by how I feel and how clothes fit. A disappointing number on the scales has been known to send me off track. I won’t step onto the scales again this challenge until 31 August.

Wishing you a all a happy and enjoyable weekend.

Day 6 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. No change in the average weight since last week. However, the 10-day moving average is headed down (about a pound since the beginning of the month). Yes, I ended up with lots of unloaded leftovers from the function on Wednesday. Got most of it divvied up at work and the ones I took home as well, but there were massive amounts left of not so friendly foods like mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and banana pudding. Oh and a gallon of sweet tea (a fabled home-made southern beverage with such an obvious name which has more sugar per ounce than a Coca-Cola) that I am trying to move out of my refrigerator before it slaughters me as it did a couple of months back!

Anyway, if I can withstand and conquer today, I’ll enter my next FD tomorrow. There’s at least one going away lunch for an office worker next week, so the challenges are still here.

Day 6 UK NFD
    Day 5 NFD
    Day 4 NFD

Quick check in. I’m back home & wiped out again but lovely day with DD at athletics on Thursday. So good to have a fun day out after the last 9 months of cancer treatment, and more ahead. Best time we’ve had together since pre-pandemic.

I did that annoying thing again of getting through the time away while eating mindfully then coming back exhausted and letting go. Yesterday had ice cream and today had popcorn, so I’m feeling pretty puffy and bleurgh again.

I’d been thinking about going into town tomorrow to church & catch up, but probably more sensible to stay home, potter in the garden, enjoy athletics and catch up on sleep. I can also start back with gentle adapted yoga and make some fabulous colourful salads – that should reboot my brain and set my body up for Monday’s FD.

@stitchincarol sorry about your MIL – that sounds really hard

Wishing you all a lovely weekend

Day 07 – Sunday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – (NFD) 🎵🎶🔔🎼🎶🔔🎵🥁🥁🥁🥁

@stitchincarol… I’m relating to your MIL experience. My own mother had the evil dementia and I cared for her at home (back in 1990s). Once she was hospitalised for 3 weeks, so I visited every morning to have a cup of tea with her and to collect her laundry, nighties etc, then returned every afternoon (with fresh laundry) to sit with her and help her eat her meal. One day when I arrived she very angrily berated me for abandoning her and never visiting her at all! (I had been there that very morning!) I was devastated! I was just undone! Devastated! We were both stressed to the max coping with the situation. Anyway, regained my own composure reminding myself that this was not her talking, just the dementia, and …… soldiered on! She passed in 1993. Damned dementia!😱😬😨😬 It’s a curse you wouldn’t wish on anyone! Hope the quilting 🧵🧵 goes well today😁😀
    Funny you were saying about SPAM… I remember having it once when I was a child and never forgotten the saltiness of it! I saw it in the supermarket yesterday, so it’s still about, but I don’t put salt on anything so couldn’t even contemplate it😫🤐🤐.

@gardenlily… can’t wait to hear all about your Scottish sojourn👂👂👂

@brightonbelle… you are doing so well with your daily yoga… inspiring and will definitely underpin your IF and also help with your WOL maintenance which is not too far away for you!🧘‍♀️🧘‍♀️

@funshipfreddie…. hope you found a new laptop 💻 with the right specs and at the right price $$$$ (that’s the hard bit) …. tell us about your explorations around your new location…….🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️

@missybear… love your RESOLVE not to step on the scales until the end of the month… won’t it be wonderful to see a whole month results all at once! Hey, your non-alcohol G &Ts with low cal tonic sounds perfect! Go girl! ✨✨✨

@northgeorgia…. some progress… we’ll put you on the pocket list for today (Sunday) and hopefully that will help you 🤩🤩🤩

@michelinme.. so glad you had some FUN time with DD…. it must have been wonderful after everything. Hope you can enjoy some more special DD and Mum times together really soon to offset the ongoing treatment. 💐💐💐

Ok, trivia time!

⭐Yesterday’s Trivia first:
    “Spam” is a popular food in Hawaii. Which two words were combined to create the brand name? SPICED HAM. The name was actually created by Ken Digneau, the brother of a Hormel executive, who entered a naming contest for the brand and won a $100 prize for his submission.

⭐Today’s TRIVIA (Day 07)
    Which two spices are the most popular in the world?

Well, it’s Sunday here but I am working today, so will catch you all again tomorrow.

cheerie dearies

Thought for the day (it’s deep!😍🥰😍)

Once you’ve taken back control in your relationship with food, everything else starts to fall into place.
    So invest in yourself, in changing the habits – because everything you are looking for lives on the other side. All change happens outside your current comfort zone.

Pocket List (for Sunday, Day 07)
    @northgeorgia

Day 7 – UKCam -NFD
    Hi everyone, definitely back now. Fantastic to see so many newbies (to me, at least) in the forum. To reintroduce myself, I am definitely a WOCA, retired from lecturing in social and local history at the start of the Covid epidemic, have a DH with health issues and a crazy chocolate labrador. I don’t do gym, love gardening and volunteer as a gardener for a national charity one day a week. I have a large allotment, grow and eat tons of veggies and LOVE my food… Started this WOL at 153 lb in mid-June so still a newbie. Down to 145lb at the end of July so really pleased. I fast Mon/Thur most weeks and try to keep a check on my NFD. I have a ‘pet’ dragon who creeps out about 9pm to demand cheese and chocolate (in any form). My secret weapon is to keep busy busy – I indulge my hobby of quilting to distract myself and ‘reward’ myself with a quilting break whenever I feel I am losing my resolve.
    @stitchincarol – so sorry to hear about your MIL – my step-mother (abbreviation???) who is not much older than me has early-onset alzheimers and it was so painful to see her change from a lively, outgoing lady into a mindless mess. Dementia and all the associated illnesses are a real threat and I am sure this WOL helps us fight it.
    @linda.b – spices? Hmmmm, I guess cinnamon and ginger? Probably way off track.

Now, Scotland – firstly, it was so green after the parched wasteland of East Anglia. The cottage my DD had rented for me was right next to their huge converted barn. It was total luxury – down to fresh-laid eggs on the counter and home-made shortbread in the cupboard (and 2 bottles wine in fridge!). 5 minutes walk took my grand-daughter (GD?) and me to a small sandy bay with a rocky island accessible at low tide and we could watch the seals basking from the top of our fortress. We made camp fires, built a den, and defended our island fortress from all invaders (including raiding Vikings in longboats – poor folk in canoes who ventured too near!). The sun came out occasionally, along with the midges, but mostly it was just right, warm slightly breezy and exhilarating. We did a boat trip and watched Minke Whales, porpoises, and seals plus loads of birds (inc. a puffin) diving for fish. AND I was able to watch my food intake so when I checked on my return, I had not put on any lbs (phew). And I did indulge occasionally. Turning my 2 long (12 hr) train journeys into 500 FDs seemed to help – just drank loads of water and nibbled oat cakes and apple. It was a wrench to come back home but DH and the dog were missing me and I didn’t want to outstay my welcome with my DD and her family.

So glad to be back in the forum – it really stiffens my resolve. Will try to post daily from now on and keep up to date with everyone’s news.

Day 7 Wales TDEE

Quick check in for accountability.

Hi @gardenlily, love the description of your visit to Scotland and congratulations on brilliant weight loss since June.

Keep on keeping on everyone, one day at a time 🙂

Day 7 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@linda.b – mageirocophobia?! I had no idea? I love that word, busy memorizing how to pronounce it. It’ll sound so much better, than, ‘cos I’m too lazy/busy/microwave works just fine’ when people ask me why I don’t cook 😅

@linda.b, @stitchincarol, @gardenlily – dementia, a horrible disease. Boo Boo’s previous owner (ex-neighbour) deteriorated very quickly from it. He had to go into a care home, hence his family asked me to adopt the cat. It really does feel like the person you once knew has already gone.

@linda.b & @stitchincarol – no Chromebooks in stock, so I just grabbed the cheapest laptop in the store. And it was R500 off the displayed price when I got to the pay counter! It’s only a notebook, but still bigger than my deceased, dilapidated Chromebook 🙄

@brightonbelle, @linda.b – I’ve got zero sense of direction, & I’ve been sort of lost 90% of the time I’ve gone out in the car. I’ve visited Boo Boo 3 times since I got here, & I’ll still have to use GPS to find the cattery tomorrow 🤦 But I think I’ve found a place. I’m going to make an offer to purchase tomorrow. Then I’ll seldom get lost, because I’ll rarely need to leave the small seaside town it’s in 🤞

@gardenlily – sounds like you had the perfect getaway 😊

@linda.b – which two spices are the most popular? I’d have to go with Posh & Baby…? 🤣

@northgeorgia
    @funshipfreddie

Day 7 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. A little lighter over last Sunday, although the battle of the leftovers continues. Some wins; some losses. I think I need to try some of the 500 kCal lighter fare on my NFDs as a nice evening meal instead of the chaos I’ve had over the past few months.

@northgeorgia
    @funshipfreddie

Day 8. FD. Aus

Still looking for my mojo. Portion size was more reasonable over the weekend but the gallon or so of vino is not good!

Some great posts – love the Noah’s ark story.

GL with your planned property purchase @funshipfreddie!

Day 8 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

I’m still around but having a bit of a break, will be sticking to my regular FAST DAYS of Monday and Thursday and just bimbling along, finding maintaining very easy with this WOL.
    Best advice I can give for any newcomers is don’t overcomplicate this 5:2 WOL, just follow it and be patient, it really does work.

@anicecupoftea – Re holidays, enjoy them, just don’t go totally off the rails, I eat and drink more when on holiday, but try and eat better and enjoy the treats that way (I always seem to end up eating more seafood ) When yo get home ‘ get straight back to the 5:2 wOL and however long you’ve been away it will take that long to lose any weight gained from your holiday.

@gardenlily – You’ve discovered why we love our regular trips to Scotland !

@funshipfreddie – Stick with it buddy, there’s one with your name attached to it somewhere and it will work out I’m sure.

Take care all

Pocket list day 8
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 8 – South Africa – NFD

@i-hate-lettuce, @penz – it’s gone?! 😢 The place I was going to put in an offer for; I got a message about an hour after I posted yesterday, to say an offer had already been submitted. So I’m just off to view a garden cottage in the same seaside town. If I can get a 6 months’ lease I think I’ll take it; & then be ready to pounce as soon as something becomes available.

@stitchincarol – what’s a garden cottage? Not sure what it’s called in the USA; a granny flat, maybe? Flatlet? A lot of the properties in upmarket suburbs like the one I’m currently staying in have additional apartments in the grounds. For guests, domestic servants, nannies or just to make extra income. They advertise the one I’m staying in on airbnb. It’s fine for a short stay, but not several weeks 😒

How to avoid that holiday half-stone, from today’s UK Mail:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11089621/Nutritionist-KIM-PEARSON-reveals-10-genius-tricks-avoid-holiday-half-stone.html

Day 8 Wales FD

Our forecast is for hot sunny days this week so that will help with keeping my positivity going as we begin the second week of the challenge. Last week was good, so aiming for a repeat this week 🤞

@funshipfreddie hope you liked the rental and you managed to negotiate a long enough lease to put you in a good buying position. Will Boo Boo be able to join you in a leased property?

Starting week 2 with a good old fashioned FD500 😎
    Have a good day everyone.

Day 8 UK CD

Not my usual FD today – have things in the fridge that need using up so having a lunch today , then off for a trip for a few days for DH birthday , will be back with you next week

Oh @funshipfreddie , you’re not having much luck on the house front , hope this rental goes ahead 🤞on a side note – got wordle in 2 this morning( couldn’t find the smug face emoji)

Day 8 – UK – CD

It really feels like a fresh start today. I’ve moved into a different office and the new one feels much more airy and spacious. Long may it stay that way before clutter creeps in! I had a lovely, sociable weekend (though I don’t want to talk about the calories!) and even managed to get out for a little walk yesterday for the first time in weeks. I have been so terribly sedentary and eating everything in sight.

I’ve reinstated my gym membership and we’re definitely back into a good routine with home-cooked meals every evening. Where it’s been so blinking hot in this part of the UK, we’ve been surviving on the quickest cooking processes possible, so it’s been weeks of pan-fried marinated chicken breast served with some kind of salad and maybe some rice. Today will be no exception to that! I’ve also got a chicken salad for lunch, with an apple and kefir.

My biggest downfall has been snacking and eating so much chocolate! So, I’m channelling my inner @at tonight and will be mentally closing the kitchen after dinner. Small steps!

@funshipfreddie – I enjoyed the article. I wish someone had moved my drink to the left hand side of me on Saturday…. that might’ve averted the cracking headache I woke up with yesterday morning and the subsequent carb monster that was with me all day! Also, I’ve just been catching up with your posts and see you’re in the process of moving / finding somewhere. Fingers tightly crossed you’re settled very soon and back with Boo boo.

@missybear – well done for a good week last week!

@gardenlily – I love Scotland too. I hate how the landscape is looking around our part of the UK (I’m also near East Anglia). We’ve had a total of 20mins of light rain fall since the end of June. It’s awful

@linda.b – Spices…. would pepper be classed as a spice in this? If so, I’d definitely go with pepper and perhaps cumin?

Have a great day everyone!

I’m from the U.S. and now in my 3rd repeat of the program. It has totally satisfied my goals, which is why I repeat. When I first began my goal was not losing weight, although I did. I am diabetic. My current joining is because my diabetic readings have gone up again. This is not a cure for diabetes. Rather, it is a pattern that allows my body to slow down and catch up. This morning my glucose reading was 114 as opposed to the doctor’s reading based on several months average at a level just short of so serious to need expensive treatment. If I continue for several months more I will not need even the less expensive pills.

I think this time I will not declare victory and stop the program. Instead I will slim down so that I will maintain weight but still give my body the rest it obviously needs. I am now 82 and otherwise healthy.

Day 08 – Monday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FUN DAY (FD) – by default 😲😕🙃😛

@funshipfreddie.. Posh & Baby…. ha haha haha haha🤣😂🤣 Love the 10 genius holiday tricks too! Sorry you missed the property you liked… but they’re like trains… another will come along any minute!

@penz – hope you find your mojo soon girl! You’ve come this far and did so well in July…. just imagine how great you’ll feel at the end of the year…. keep going! 🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🤩🤩🤩

@i-hate-lettuce …. missed your words of wisdom.. glad you’re back on board with us🎈🎈🎈🎈

Sorry everyone that I’m posting so late (it’s now 9.20pm here! Anyway we are here at the beginning of week two of our challenge and hope that you are starting the 2nd week with the same enthusiasm as last week.

Some great posts already for today (above) but lack of time and can’t respond to everyone tonight. I’m having a default FD500 day by accident and need to have some dinner and go to bed!😴🥱😴😴

So I’ll go straight to the trivia:
    ⭐Yesterday’s Trivia – Day 07:
    Which two spices are the most popular in the world?
    The two top-selling spices worldwide are pepper and mustard. If you guessed “salt,” you would be wrong because salt is not technically a spice, it’s a mineral. 😉😊😉 did you get it❓❓❓

⭐Today’s TRIVIA (Day 07) (another foodie one.. seems appropriate)
    A tangelo is a cross between which three fruits?

cheerie dearies😴🥱😴

Thought for the day:
    If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”.. I desperately do NOT want to have to repeat all the hard effort to date.

Pocket list Day 08
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @linda.b

Day 8 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. I had eggs this morning; oh my — they weren’t bad, but they were a little on the old side. My fault for avoiding eggs for a month or two! I’ll cross my fingers that all settles well; otherwise, I’ll be tossing another carton (and they’re so expensive these days!) But I’m thinking in an hour, I’ll discover it wasn’t such a great idea to eat these as part of breaking a 24-hour fast. We shall see. Thank goodness I’m working from home for an hour before heading in to work LOL

Dementia is such a horrible disease. My mother was the primary caregiver of her mother and I accompanied her most of the time to help out. In my grandmother’s case, the severity of the disease progressed very quickly. Although she had bits of it for years (it started with her eyesight…the doctors found no problem, but she swore she couldn’t read — one of her favorite pastimes), but was pretty functional during those times. She just began to have trouble with remembering phone numbers, certain stories, how to cook certain things, and would get angry when she couldn’t find something in her purse. In the late winter of 2014, she began to wander outside and hallucinate more, which became a bigger concern. She was bedridden by fall and passed away in early December. I still can’t watch a film or read a book about a family member suffering with dementia or Alzheimer’s without tears welling up.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 342 total)

You must be logged in to reply.