All Aboard for Audacious August 2022โ€ฆ31 days, 1 day at a time challenge!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
All Aboard for Audacious August 2022โ€ฆ31 days, 1 day at a time challenge!

This topic contains 341 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  matpi 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 342 total)

• Day 12 – 16:8

Such a manic day yesterday. The airline sent us a notice that our flight next month was cancelled. While Iโ€™m glad to get a lot of notice, scrambling resulted. All to the good, we will now be spending extra time beforehand (before the friendโ€™s wedding) in Chicago- staying with my father and brother. My bro will lend us his car so that we can get to the wedding (in Michigan) but we will have a week with him and papa beforehand. And the extra long trip will be relatively budget neutral as we also were fortunate enough to arrange a niece to stay at our home to cat sit. All this needed to be sorted out and I admit I was a bit frantic yesterday but I could not be more pleased at the end results. So I excited to see my 91 yr papa for a few days!

@funshipfreddie – Iโ€™m glad I did not have a mouthful of coffee because your โ€˜lucky people songโ€™ commentary had me laughing so hard, it would have been a spit-take. Yes, I have read that it is common for men to become more introverted as they ageโ€ฆ but I now take โ€˜common wisdomโ€™ generalities with a grain of salt. I think my introverted tendencies actually ebb and flow as circumstances in my life and the world change and would not be surprised if that is experienced by others as well.

@micheleinme your weekend description sounds heavenly to me, I hope it is a wonderful refreshing retreat for you.

@matpi So sorry to hear about your struggling with pain and crossing my fingers that your feeling better today continues! For months, my FD eating was like yours- not much variety. But as I switched to 800 days and started cooking and freezing a variety of dishes, I now have ample choices available- Iโ€™m happy that both approaches appear to work fine for me.

@linda.b Gosh, I remember that book – mama had it. Iโ€™m guessing it was a 1000 calorie diet. She had calorie counter books and diet books galore. My poor mama was a strict calorie counting (with as little fat as possible) dieter for most of my memory. But that was the common knowledge about weight loss at the time. Taller than I am (before her osteoporosis) but still on the shorter side – I think she might have done well on a 5:2 eating approach. I remember naively (and totally misunderstanding) thinking as a teenager :โ€if the calorie book says a potato is 100 calories, Iโ€™m gonna pick the biggest potatoโ€ lol.

@stitchincarol Coffee yogurt was so hard to find in the stores here. It seems to be easy to find in Chicago supermarkets so maybe it is more of an American mid-west thing? I had friends who jokingly refused to believe it was a thing because they never ever had seen it sold.

I seem (hard to be certain) to be losing a bit under a pound a month on my maintenance plan. Because I have a trip coming up (vacations and special occasions are FD breaks for me) Iโ€™m not going to make any adjustments until I return. If Iโ€™m correct and it is a slow weight loss, not just fluctuations, it is too small to be noticeable or change the way my clothing fits or my measurements so all is fine – I just want to be aware of it. DH tells me the weight-training Iโ€™ve taken on is noticeable and that pleases me even tho I donโ€™t see it in the mirrors. Then again, I mostly avoid mirrors, lol.

Lots to do today – I didnโ€™t get anything on my mental todo list done yesterday so it has piled up. The weather remains in the upper 90โ€™s and Iโ€™m thankful for the break from the three digit (f) temps.

Sending strong mojo thoughts through the ether to all!

Day 12 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

WF went fine yesterday, and I’m finally back below 150–not very far below, LOL, but below. Now to truly focus on the weekend’s eating/drinking so it doesn’t turn out awful, particularly because Monday is DH’s birthday, and I have a lovely menu planned that I intend to fully enjoy. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

@gardenlily I am hoping right along with you that your “posh frock” fit you wonderfully for your celebration lunch!

@funshipfreddie Your disparaging comment about the song People (who need people…) made me laugh out loud–and stop in astonishment. I’ve sung along with that so many times, and never once thought about what the words mean. I’ll have to go look at the lyrics for the details, but on the face of it, what a ridiculous statement, LOL!!

@missybear You wrote: “I did a lot of reading about the importance of the type of food calories eaten and the message that not all calories are equal and I subconsciously took that as permission to gradually abandon portion control as long as I was eating the โ€˜rightโ€™ things.” EXACTLY!!! For example, on a Keto diet, bacon is not forbidden because it’s fat and protein, right??? So let’s have lots and lots and lots, okay??????? Gah. Yup, you and I are on the same page. I never did reach goal weight, but I was close, and now I have a full extra ten pounds to lose. Gah, Gah, and GAH!!

@mariaelena Bummer on the cancelled flight. Or do I say congratulations on the cancelled flight? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ So glad it all worked out so nicely for you!

I think DH and I will go out to dinner tonight. We have a gift certificate to a lovely restaurant that’s calling my name, but I’ve also been craving oysters on the half shell for three months, and a dozen of them plus a bit of a side dish makes a lovely very low calorie meal, so that’s also an option. DH is usually happy to let me choose the restaurant–I’m quite spoiled, you understand–so I’ll think on that throughout the day, and use that promise to keep me busy so I don’t start snacking.

I didn’t reply to many of the interesting posts individually, but know that I read and treasure every bit of chatter on this forum. @funshipfreddie Your comment about not liking to socialize with more than one or two sure doesn’t ring true given your “socializing” on this forum. ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฅฐ As @linda.b described it, our forum is “colourful and inviting” and I treasure the relationship we’ve all built!

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 12 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Very late on parade today, but popping by to say the Friday FD is going very well.

Off to clean my teeth and do some reading, then early night as DH and I plan to hit the roads on the motorcycle at crazy hour, 6.30am, for our Photo Rally trip, this time around Ulster, then back home tomorrow evening,

And there will be cold beers in the sun after that! But now it’s water and lemon. Hoping to see below 163 in the morning ๐Ÿ˜‡

Hah @funshipfredie, totally there with the people ,(who need people)……are annoying!!!! I too am becoming more introverted as I get older, I will never fall out with myself ๐Ÿ˜„

Have a great weekend v

Day 13 AUS FD800

I am keeping my motivation up reading all the great posts on this thread! I am still stuck on a plateau – but over the last week, my measurements have droppped again. I am very pear-shaped, and lose weight from my upper thighs last of all, but they’ve dropped another cm. I can definitely see and feel and difference in my clothes, even if the scales are being stubborn!

I am holding out for a “whoosh” to come before the end of August, because I’d really like to hit that goal weight this month!

Good luck to everyone fasting or eating mindfully this weekend.

Day 13 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Good week this week, a couple of early days out for me and made the most of the early morning coolness. My ‘office’ (by the waters edge) has been spectacular to say the least. Then the next few days the brewery has been in full production having just realised the ‘stock’ shelves were lower than expected.
    A couple of very steady FD’s and weight is maintaining nicely, just sticking to the same old habit, Monday and Thursday FD’s.

@funshipfreddie – Another ‘lone wolf’ here, always have been happy with my own company (exception is of course Mrs I-H-L) often find people are too full of their own importance and suffer from IMS … I Me Self … and talk far too loudly about total drivel. Don’t get me wrong occasionally it’s nice to be able to empty your mind of frustrations of life, but inane gossip is of no interest.

Re FD’s for newcomers, plan a bit towards your FD’s, it’s only twice a week. Don’t even think about ‘it’s ok, I’ll feast the following day’ plan the following day as a mini victory and don’t overeat or open a celebratory bottle, you’ll just undo the good work. It will work, just slowly.

Be honest with yourself and don’t try and you’ll get there.

Take care all.

Day 13 โ€“ Saturday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“(NFD) โ˜”โ˜”โ˜”โ˜”โ˜” raining here!

It’s Saturday and, yes, I am working catching up on the week, so won’t have a lot of responses today… but read them all …. thank you for posting everyone!

However, @missybear, you are a wise woman!๐Ÿคฉ Fully relating to your words especially re personal disappointment at self after having once met my goal and then arrogantly thought it wouldn’t just come back! Of course it did and lesson, hopefully, learnt. ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜ฑ Now I’ve re-met my goals, it is entirely up to me to ensure I maintain. There are several of us here who’ve been down this road previously and will also be relating with you.๐Ÿค—๐Ÿคฉ
    @mariaelena… arghhh! your plans topsy-turvy but then all came good. So wonderful for you to also catch up with your Dad on your trip! Bonus! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฉ

For all those on plateaus I wish you a whoosh today!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜Š

โญYesterdayโ€™s Trivia – Day 12 Friday
    In 1978, Cardiologist Herman Tarnower published a book called โ€œThe Complete Scarsdale Medical Dietโ€ How many calories are you allowed per day on the Scarsdale Diet? 700 โ€“ 1000 โ€“ 1200 โ€“ 1500 ? Answer: 1000 calories (were you close, did you get it?๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿค—)

โญTodayโ€™s TRIVIA (Day 13) Saturday
    Folate belongs to which vitamin family? hmmmm ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿง๐Ÿค“

cheerie dearies

Thought of the Day:
    Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauperโ€ฆ. (Hmmmmโ€ฆ on Sundays at least๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ƒ)

Pocket List- Saturday – Day 13 – for anyone making up for a lost one during the week perhaps

Day 13 – South Africa – FD

It is COLD & raining in Port Elizabeth?! I knew the Eastern Cape was cooler than Kwazulu-Natal, & it is still winter. But, max 13 C today? It rarely gets that cold even at night in Durban. So I woke up with another cold. I Googled, ‘am I dying?’ (Answer – ‘probably not’). And then, ‘can you get back-to-back colds?’, seeing as I just had one not even 3 weeks ago. You can! Even simultaneous colds. Because there are over 100 different viruses that can cause the common cold.

So I’m fasting today. I know they say, ‘feed a cold – starve a fever’; but I fed last month’s cold, & look at what that got me? Another cold ๐Ÿคจ And I can’t be bothered to go out in this weather. I’ve got an apple & a Chicken Arrabbiata (350 cals) in the fridge, so that’ll do nicely.

@linda.b – I know that one! And no cheating required ๐Ÿ˜€

Have a good weekend everyone ๐ŸŒค ๐ŸŒˆ

Pocket List- Saturday โ€“ Day 13 โ€“ for anyone making up for a lost one during the week perhaps
    @litprof
    @funshipfreddie

Day 13 – UK Cam – NFD
    Another hot day here but I am being very cautious right now. Had a very nasty incident yesterday – see below. Going to stick to light meals and keep below the TDEE.

@stitchincarol – yes, the dress I wanted to wear was fine, and looked great on but is fitted and given the heat and anticipated food intake, I opted instead for an alternative slightly floating dress – not worn that for ages either (Covid etc) so in the event, was so pleased head won over heart!

So, what happened to me? Really a word of caution to all of us living in warm climates – lunch at 1pm in beautiful old pub, fans going (no AC) and door open. Outside temp around 36C. There were about 12 of use in the room – the food was amazing but rich, toasts were made to the couple (50 years) and I drank glass after glass of iced water. Unfortunately 2 hrs into the do, I keeled over. Did a graceful swandive into my placemat. Several icepacks on my neck and head later and general concern I was able to sit up, carefully, but had to be taken home feeling dreadful. Several hours of the afternoon/evening are unaccounted for by me – I just lay on the bed and ‘swooned’. Moral of tale – don’t eat rich food in the heat, especially the day after a FD. Feeling fragile today, hence careful eating and lazing around the house – so unlike me.

@funshipfreddie – poor ol’ you! I love the idea of googling ‘will I live’ – I should have tried that yesterday but fear the answer would be ‘may be not!’ Plenty of fluids and up your VitC intake.

Today’s trivia – folate – one of the B vitamin family I think. You find it on the label of the multi-vitamin supplements – DH takes them, I don’t but probably should.

Thinking of everyone on a FD/OMAD/CD etc – just take care of yourselves, you only live once!

Day 13-No. VA, USA-NFD
    I am enjoying all the recent posts and some especially resonate, particularly @funshipfreddie‘s regarding “People”! I am also meeting people all day long in the pediatric office, some more demanding than others, and some with real problems, so “alone time” is welcome when the day is over. Sorry about your cold, @funshipfreddie. You certainly can get two together, and we don’t get very good immunity to cold viruses, so we can get them more than once. Perhaps a bit of chicken soup will help; it is traditional!

Got on the scale today expecting no change and found out I had finally budged off the plateau of the last month. Down three pounds. Yay. Forward and downward, all!

Day 13 Wales TDEE

Just back from a very slow walk, not accustomed to the very hot temperatures ๐Ÿฅต but loving the bright sunny days. Enjoyed a delicious dinner out at the seafront pub last night, chicken teriyaki stir fry followed by vanilla and honeycomb ice creamโ€ฆ.. and two large glasses of red. Calorie count for the day required a little guess work, but I guesstimate around 2,000. Could have been worse. Planning not to exceed TDEE today and tomorrow.

@funshipfreddie your resistance to colds is probably low because of the stress of moving home. Consider upping your vitamin C and zinc intake. Hope you feel better soon ๐Ÿค—

@gardenlily hope youโ€™re feeling better today. Good warning about rich food and the heat. DH had a heavy meal last night and a very big breakfast this morning. He is now lying on the bed feeling faint!

Off to laze around in the heat, have a lovely weekend everyone ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Day 13 – 16:8

A surprising (to me) number of lone wolfโ€™s here!

I send my recovery thoughts out to you @funshipfredddie and @gardenlily.

A day of yard work beckons and a return of the triple degree f temps (38ยฐ + C) so we have to get out there asap. Wishing everyone well.

Day 13 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. Yesterday went from OMAD to TRE, if you can call 6 to 9:30ish in the evening that.. eek! My parents wanted to do fish and chips; not pretty when it’s your only meal LOL

Anyway, weight basically stayed the same as yesterday. Today’s a NFD, so I’ll need to entertain myself in ways that do not involve lots of high calorie food. I have mushrooms, peppers, onions, and egg in the refrigerator, so perhaps a late morning omelette is just the thing to keep me satisfied until mid-afternoon.

It was the first week I didn’t do 5:2 since June of 2021 when I went on vacation, but was able to do one FD and a few OMADS in the evening. Weight gain was about a pound over last week, which I attribute more to the leftovers from last week’s event making appearances. I’m happy to say I dumped the sweet tea and tossed the potatoes and macaroni/cheese to the dogs last night. Good riddens!

Maybe I’ll stabilize at the end of the month around 210 or so. The weight gain creep is not welcome. haha

Day 13 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

DH and I had a grand time out to eat last night; we opted for oysters and enjoyed them tremendously, although mine seemed to have little pieces of shell that I kept finding in my mouth and had to carefully spit out. I was asleep by a decent time…and woke up at 1am, with my eyes wide open. That’s never a good sign. So I didn’t even bother reading my kindle in bed, but got up and came out to the living room to read. And around 3am I figured out why my oysters had “little pieces of shell” in them: it was actually pieces of one of my upper molars that chipped off for some reason!!! Gah. Now I have to go to the dentist again. Gah, gah, gah. At least I can do Novocain, or whatever it is they use these days, right @matpi?? (I still can’t fathom that you do dental procedures with NOTHING.)

@gardenlily Holy smokes, that’s awful!!! Sounds like heat stroke to me. https://www.news10.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/64/2019/07/heat-stroke-vs-exhaustion.jpg?w=1280&h=720&crop=1 And with temps of 36?? Of COURSE you suffered. That’s one thing about where I live: yes, it gets blistering hot, but absolutely everywhere we go has AC, so indoor temps are always comfortable or even too cold–something the US is sadly known for.

@excelsior12309 How exciting to be down 3lbs; congratulations!!!

@funshipfreddie So sorry that you have yet another cold; I’ve found that, as I get older, I have far fewer colds, so hopefully you’ll enjoy that as you catch another few years. ๐Ÿ˜œ

@matpi I hope you’re feeling far better now.

@northgeorgia I feel (and share) your frustration at making no progress. Just don’t give up: IT. WILL. HAPPEN.

I wonder if I could take a nap now for an hour or two?? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 14 โ€“ Sunday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“(NFD) ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž sunny but quite cool here

Reading all your posts about the heat….. and being overwhelmed by it! Any wonder, it’s been ongoing for such a long time for so many of you…. Drink plenty of water everyone!๐ŸงŠ๐ŸงŠ๐ŸงŠ๐ŸงŠ @gardenlily hope you feel better soon and also hope the high temps abate for all of you! Also a couple of others not feeling the best too…@FUNSHIPFREDDIE hope your head-cold leaves as quickly as it came!๐Ÿงธ๐Ÿงธ๐Ÿงธ๐Ÿงธ๐Ÿงธ

@excelsior12309… congratulations.. you’ve whooshed off the plateau! 3 lbs.. well done!๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ† Persistence pays off!

I’ve not been 100% myself the last few days… headache, fussy head, eyes feel gritty etc… thinking I might be coming down with C…. but so far no evidence of it. Maybe just stress from work.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿค”

โญYesterdayโ€™s Trivia – Day 13 – Saturday
    Folate belongs to which vitamin family?โ“
    Vitamin B (B9)โœ… A few of you knew it!๐ŸŽฏ๐ŸŽฏ๐ŸŽฏ๐ŸŽฏ

โญTodayโ€™s TRIVIA – Day 14 – Sunday

Ohhh, yuck! If I just downed a mixture of Maple Syrup, Lemon Juice and Cayenne Pepper. What fad diet have I succumbed to? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿฅด
    a) The Power Purge
    b) The Master Cleanse
    c) The Branched-Chain Ketoaciduria Diet
    d) The Marthaโ€™s Vineyard Diet Detox

cheerie dearies

Thought for the Day: (I like this one! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜Ž)
    If the plan doesnโ€™t work, change the plan, but NEVER change the goal ๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€๐Ÿš€

Pocket List- Saturday โ€“ Day 14 โ€“ It’s Sunday and last chance for anyone making up FDs this week

Day 14 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@excelsior12309 – well done getting off that plateau!

@missybear – I’m sure you’re right re stress & moving triggering the colds. I’m on Corenza C, but I need to get something for a tickly cough that kept me awake half the night.

@mariaelena – thank you, & @gardenlily – I hope you’re fully recovered?!

@stitchincarol – I heard that too, re less colds as we get older. But after the last two & a half years of isolation, mask wearing & sanitizing & then the sudden lifting of restrictions, I think we’ll all be a bit more susceptible for a while.Maybe the Australian super cold has arrived in Africa?
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/the-super-cold-phenomenon-what-is-it-and-should-we-be-worried

A sneaky, tricky Wordle solution today?! I got it in 4, but I think I just got lucky. That’s all I’m saying ๐Ÿค

Michael Mosley has yet another book coming out in October. ‘Just One Thing’. He is one busy doctor ๐Ÿ˜…
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Just-One-Thing-changes-transform-ebook/dp/B0B4ZZSZN3/ref=sr_1_14?crid=1T5BV2DDMRLAQ&keywords=michael+mosley+books&qid=1660459116&sprefix=michael+mosl%2Caps%2C1020&sr=8-14

Happy S๐ŸŒžnday everyone

Day 14 – UK Cam – NFD
    Up early and out with dog at 6.15 whilst it’s still cool. Had a good 2 hour walk altho stopped and chatted with friend on allotments so 15 mins of that was standing still! Just catching up with posts and enjoying my oats, yoghurt and apple – I found the apples in the garden are cooking on the tree so quickly picked a bagful. Been slicing them up and freezing them for making jam, chutney and crumbles when (if???) it cools down. Had a very quiet day yesterday and interesting to note my BP much lower – one of the reasons I started this WOL was to help lower BP – Dr recommended it should be monitored. After my ‘incident’ on Friday it was down to 90/55 which, lets face it, was a bit low! Will need to keep an eye on it now but hoping it will level out at a new lower level than before.
    Well done @excelsior – good to get off that plateau
    @stitchincarol – thanks for the internet link – interesting – hope your dental problem is quickly resolved. Nearest I had to your experience was biting into a granary roll and finding a very crunchy bit – my new crown! Had to give a lecture with front upper tooth missing – felt very silly. At least that didn’t hurt.
    @missybear – hope DH is feeling better – we need to be careful with calorie intake and the heat.
    Off to read Sunday papers and sip my coffee.
    Have a good Sunday everyone – FD tomorrow !

Day 14 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs (same as last week). Time for a mid-August and a nearly 2/3 of 2022 “complete” reality check. It’s been a plateau year. I need to try some new things, and I think that’s mostly learning to behave a little better on most NFDs. I know I won’t likely hit 206 lbs this month, but I’ll set it for my goal at the end of September. There’s still the possibility of hitting the 190s before the end of the year. I just need to refocus and go for it.

Pocket list – day 14
    @northgeorgia

Day 14 – UK Cam – 2nd post
    Forgot the trivia challenge – had to look up the answer. As you say, yuck! Answer: The master cleanse. Definitely not for me!
    Next week will be a good one for everyone – just focus on being positive!

Day 15 FD country West Australia 85.9 kgs!!!!
    Have been doing a lot more exercise in July, August, had a few good FDs and finding my weight creeping up again.
    @northgeorgia, I think we have the same issue – I need to eat better on NFDs.๐Ÿ™„
    FDs kind of take care of themselves.
    Time to reset the TDEE and actually STICK to it for me.๐Ÿ˜…
    Planning for a very good FD today.๐Ÿ˜‡
    Sorry to hear about the colds and various ailments people are getting.
    I hope you all improve soon.๐Ÿ™
    @linda_b some of those diets sound a bit …….๐Ÿ˜ฑ
    Halfway through August so looking forward to a really audacious next 2 weeks !!

Day 15 โ€“ Monday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ FUN DAY (FD)๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒŸโญ๐ŸŒžโ˜€

Week 3! Can you believe it? Where does the time go? So the train is chugging along at a pace and stopping at all stations to let on new passengers๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚ So hold on everyone, the last two weeks will be a lifechanging ride…. if you want it!

So everyone, jump back on board we do this better together! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช

@penz…. where are you? I’m sure you’ve found your mojo again (it was lurking in the corner like a recalcitrant puppy!), taken it for a walk and now back on track๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜€ You’ve been doing so well the last few months and I know you have a special goal for the end of the year…. so let’s get this thing done together! Wooohoooo! ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ I see it’s still very chilly in Canberra… such a contrast to our northern post-pals!๐ŸŒซโ„๐ŸŒฌ๐ŸŒฌ

@gardenlily … you got it! (Trivia) Full answer below.. You are so, so right, we MUST JUST FOCUS ON BEING POSITIVE! No-one ever moved forward being negative…. the evidence is there…. we know this works…. we must simply apply ourselves to it! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

@northgeorgia .. YES! You are absolutely correct! It really is about the NFDs! Focus on those, apply yourself… and see the result you want๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜„ As you’ve found, it is easy to do FDs, but disastrous to the “bottom line”(pun!) to sabotage your good work on your NFDs! You’ve got this!๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””

@funshipfreddie – we know all’s right with the world when we open the forum to your daily posts….. and with interesting info…. today about MMs new book. I just can’t do the cold shower though! Just one thing too far for me๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

@stitchincarol … hope you can see the dentist today with that tooth…. what an anti-climax to a wonderful meal of oysters… and yes, I always take the numbing needle too! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

@mariaelena …. you have the high temps there too! I take my hat off to you for gardening during these heatwave conditions. Hope you had a nice relaxing cool evening afterwards.๐Ÿฅ‚๐ŸงŠ๐ŸงŠ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿท๐ŸงŠ๐ŸงŠ๐Ÿฅ‚

@missybear – so nice to have a lovely meal out and kudos to you planning to offset at TDEE for next two days….. That’s such a great example to us all of how we can still enjoy life but with a plan! Thank you for sharing! ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿต๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป

@litprof… that whoosh is coming! Glad to see you’re on track … and we’re here for you! It puts a big smile๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ on your face when you see the difference in your clothes!๐Ÿต๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒผ

@excelsior12309 … week 3 will be such a good week for you.. it’s so motivating when you’re whooshed off that plateau.. can’t wait to see your results after another week… you’re on your way! ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒบ

@i hate lettuce… you always have such wisdom for us… and a great example of how it’s done! ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ† Love your great advice for the newbies and also the oldbies, “Re FDโ€™s for newcomers, plan a bit towards your FDโ€™s, itโ€™s only twice a week. Donโ€™t even think about โ€˜itโ€™s ok, Iโ€™ll feast the following dayโ€™ plan the following day as a mini victory and donโ€™t overeat or open a celebratory bottle, youโ€™ll just undo the good work. It will work, just slowly.” ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON! โœ…โœ…โœ…

@daffodil2010 … Well????? We’re all waiting breathlessly for your rundown on your massive Photo Rally bike ride…. how did it go????? Hope it was just the best weekend ever for you both! And also did you go below 163??๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿฅณ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””

@mariaelena … sometimes we don’t see the difference ourselves, so it is always welcome when someone else notices… your DH comments were lovely re the difference he can see with the weight training… allow yourself to be PWTS (POST WEIGHT TRAINING SMUG!) ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ

Ok, that’s a wrap for today… if I missed some, then we can catch up tomorrow… manana!

โญYesterdayโ€™s Trivia – Sunday – Day 14
    Ohhh, yuck! If I just downed a mixture of Maple Syrup, Lemon Juice and Cayenne Pepper.๐Ÿ˜ What fad diet have I succumbed to?
    a) The Power Purge
    b) The Master Cleanse
    c) The Branched-Chain Ketoaciduria Diet
    d) The Marthaโ€™s Vineyard Diet Detox
    The Master Cleanse – Also known as the Lemonade Diet, the Master Cleanse was invented by Stanley Burroughs and claims to cleanse your body of heavy metals, Candida and toxins. …. Not for me, yuck! ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜–

โญTodayโ€™s TRIVIA – Monday – Day 15
    Which flower yields the spice saffron? โ“โ“โ“

cheerie dearies

Thought of the Day: (deep๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”)
    IF gives you the tools you need to create the life you want, if you choose.
    You make a CHOICE to take a CHANCE or your life will never CHANGE. Itโ€™s your body and your choice.

Pocket List for Monday – Day 15 (first day of WEEK 3, come onboard๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚ make it a big effort today!)
    @linda.b

Day 15 โ€“ Monday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ FUN DAY (FD)๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒŸโญ๐ŸŒžโ˜€ – 2nd post

@lilymartin .. hi lilymartin.. we cross-posted! So good to see you here today…. it’s week 3 and we are renewing our motivation for the last two weeks of the month… so it’s just perfect you’ve come back today. I’ve popped you on the pocketlist for today… Have a great FUN DAY (FD)๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜€ ….. and you are absolutely right, the FDs kind of look after themselves, it’s the NFDs we must focus on!๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก It’s a lightbulb moment when we know that!

OK, everyone, your attention please๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ….

THIRD WEEKโ€ฆ HACKS, HINTS AND TIPS:
    Ok, weโ€™ve got FDsโ€ฆโ€ฆ. We can do that! In fact Iโ€™ll go far as to say we have mastered FDsโ€ฆ..
    Butโ€ฆ. Thereโ€™s always a BUT! Many of us undo our great FDs on our NFDs.
    Your ideas for how NOT to sabotage our NFDs?? What great little HACKS, HINTS AND TIPS can you share with us all?โ“โ“โ“
    It’d be great if everyone can share at least just one….

MY HACK: shop for groceries just once a week with a plan and a list, and only shop after I’ve eaten, so I stick to my plan and list. If it’s not there you can’t eat it!

Pocket List for Monday โ€“ Day 15 (first day of WEEK 3, come onboard๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚ make it a big effort today!)
    @linda.b
    @lilymartin

Day 15, FD, Aus

Busy busy day in the office so have only skimmed posts.

Your comment on IMS, @IHl reminds me of a friend I had once who talked about herself all the time only to draw breath to ask “Enough about me, what do YOU think about me?”

Day 15 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Monday morning start so a Fast Day as usual, today should be a very easy FD as we’re heading away again for a few days over the border in Scotland, so quite a few walks and fabulous scenery.

Take care all

Pocket list for Monday
    @linda.b
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 15 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Fabulous weekend, off motorbiking at 6.30am on Saturday where it was already in the 20’s C, and it just kept getting warmer. Beautiful weather, Ulster looked good in the sunshine, we got our photo rally points, home by 17.00. So good we may do it AGAIN next weekend as we still need to finish Donegal โ˜บ๏ธ
    we both agree the FD on Friday when there are early plans in place is such a good idea…wake refreshed and ready to go on the Saturday and looking forward to the Saturday evening treats.

And yes @linda.b I did see below 163…..162.2 to precise…incredibly slow going but it’s going.

Unfortunately today I am up from the beers of yesterday, but today’s FD should set it right.

The weather has turned, there are thunderstorms out there, very humid….

Take care.

Day 15 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Atrocious weather yesterday?! I popped out just long enough to have lunch & buy cough medicine & groceries. Just got home before the rain & 50 km/h winds arrived.

@linda.b – no cold showers for me either ๐Ÿฅถ

@linda.b – My NFD hacks are similar to yours: weigh calorie dense food, eg cheese & nuts. If you don’t buy it you can’t eat it. Don’t shop when hungry. Plan Plan Plan! Eat SLOWLY. That’s one I have to constantly have to remind myself to do. It’s worth remembering that it takes 20 minutes for our brains to get the message we’ve eaten.

Re Saffron – I know! But I cheated. Again

Day 15 – UK – FD

Another busy weekend and a hot one too – great to have had a little bit of rain overnight making it much cooler this morning!

Only managed one FD last week – must try harder for the 2nd half of this Audacious August 2022โ€ฆ31 days, 1 day at a time challenge! so starting with a FD today

@funshipfreddie – 4hrs of dog walking is not that bad as not all the pooches walk far, lots of sniffing and playing together if on the beach off lead…..tend to cover more ground when walking dogs on lead so probably cover around 15,000steps in total???
    @i-hate-lettuce – another Scottish break – what area are you visiting this time? enjoy!
    @linda.b – Today’s Trivia Question = Saffron is a spice derived from the flower of Crocus sativus, commonly known as the “saffron crocus” my brain seems to have the ability to retain facts food related ๐Ÿคฃ wonder why that is – love food way too much……

Reading through all the posts it seems that a few of us are fully aware of what has gone wrong and why we are gaining or not losing weight i.e. we are consuming way too many calories on NFDs especially over the weekends but can’t seem to get off that particular path – TIME for us to take back CONTROL and TAME those DRAGONS ๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ‰ Join me in regaining control for the 2nd half of this amazing challenge – we have such a motivating host in @linda.b – she is a great example of someone who has turned her life round in more ways than one – in her words “THE LAST TWO WEEKS WILL BE A LIFECHANGING RIDEโ€ฆ. IF YOU WANT IT!

Pocket list for Monday
    @linda.b
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at

Day 15 – UK -FD

I’ve been easing myself in and now I’m back and pledging to do a FD. Why do I feel so nervous?! This is old hat to me, but I’ve just been eating everything in sight for months now a FD seems quite scary. I stepped on the scales this morning and winced at the number – I’ve gained back all that I lost in Feb when I did a F800 push. I’ve also taken all my measurements and they are a little better than they were at the beginning of the year but I’m only approx 0.5″ smaller on everything.

An added challenge will be the hunger pangs due to a horrid sleep last night with the heat ๐Ÿฅต. Our houses aren’t made for these new climate change summers in the UK! I just hope I can retain the heat all the way through to winter to help take the edge off the heating bills.

So, my plan is as follows:
    ZBC (though I’ve had my morning cuppa with a dash of skimmed milk)
    Lunch is a boiled egg with loads of salad leaves, cucumber, spring onion and a pepper followed by an apple
    Dinner will be tandoori chicken kebabs with lots of salad

I’m going for today and Weds as my FDs this week.

@at I am well & truly with you in taming the dragon! Protein, fibre, water and distraction will be my first line of defence. The second line of defence?…. taping my mouth shut! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@gardenlily – you poor thing, that sounds horrid. I hope you’re feeling a bit more normal today. Definitely take it easy and listen to your body. Get checked out if you need it too.

@funshipfreddie – I’d gladly take that weather right now. I’ve not seen rain since the end of June here. I hope you’re feeling a bit better with your cold and the FD helps.

@i-hate-lettuce – enjoy Bonnie Scotland again. I’m sure I say it on most of the posts, but it’s one of my most favourite places too. ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ

Firmly putting myself on the pocket list today and will be looking to it for all the moral support

Pocket list for Monday
    @linda.b
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at
    @babs_b

Day 15 – UK Cam – FD
    Before I forget – today’s trivia : Saffron, comes from the autumn crocus – was a crop here in the Fens (along with poppies …)

FD today, starting well – planning is the key. Zero yoghurt and berries for lunch, spicy chicken & lentil bake with spinach and broccoli for supper (using the slowcooker to save putting on the oven in this prolonged hot spell). As always, aware of dragon lurking in the evening – never thought of taping my mouth shut – DH would definitely approve!!!

Tips for NFD – agree with everyone so far, it’s not the FDs that are the problem but eating sensibly on NFDs. Definitely plan the week’s meals ahead as much as possible which is fairly easy, there being just the 2 of us and DH not able to eat much. Danger is with nibbling, especially corners of cheese, wonky bits on the bread, the odd broken biscuit … It’s the ‘tidy up’ syndrome, you can’t leave bits lying around (or throw them away). Better to bin than binge?

@babs_b – good luck with starting back, you know you CAN do it, all you need is determination and a goal. This group is certainly helping me so keep reading and posting.
    @i hate lettuce – enjoy your break, hope the weather is OK – lots of storms?
    @daffodil2010 – please please send us some of your rain – my garden is dying

Remember, we are what we eat – choose wisely

Pocket List for Monday
    @babs_b
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @i hate lettuce

Day 15 Wales FD

Late and lazy start today, I havenโ€™t been sleeping well because of the heat and I just couldnโ€™t get out of bed this morning, so sleepy ๐Ÿฅฑ but now feeling better for a couple of hours extra napping and bonus is the FD will be shorter ๐Ÿ˜‰

@linda.b my hack for NFDs this month is planning. FDs work because I can eat so little I have to know in advance what I will have, this challenge I am taking that same approach everyday. So each evening I use my Fitbit app to plan the following days meals so I know what and how much I am going to eat to be within TDEE on NFDs. Not saying this approach will work forever (tedious) but as a means of regaining control and hopefully boosting some weight loss it is doing the job of keeping me focused.

Joining the Monday fasters

Pocket list for Monday
    @linda.b
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at
    @babs_b
    @missybear

Together we are stronger ๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 15 UK CD

OK half of August left and I intend to get organised ! Felt a bit iffy yesterday so has a bit of an unplanned FD so not having my usual Monday FD , will be doing that tomorrow though ๐Ÿ’ช

Day 15 – USA/GA – NFD, ZBC (OMAD?)

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. Going to try for an OMAD lunch today. So far, Sunday and Monday are same weigh-ins as last week. Good luck to all today!

Day 15, FD, Scotland

Morning everyone, I hope you had a good weekend. Warburtons wee small blue loaf, 58 cals a slice! Ideal for FD’s. So two poached eggs on one slice toast for lunch. And ASDA Good & Balanced Chicken Buddha Bowl, 279 cals for dinner, with some fresh veg mixed through. That is a good days eating ! Body attack after work.
    Pocket list for Monday
    @linda.b
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at
    @babs_b
    @missybear
    @goal10kg!

Day 15 – FD 800

@linda.b if I have any NFD advice I guess it is make your FD meals so tasty that you want them on NFDโ€™s as well. Other than that, I keep my NFD eating to an 8 hour window – and while that is vital to keeping me on track, I know that type of IF doesnโ€™t work for everyone.

Well, maybe one other thing. If the food I want to eat is indulgent I make myself have a large serving of veg. before I allow myself the indulgence. Oftentimes that is the key to keeping it an indulgence NOT an overindulge.

Pocket list for Monday
    @linda.b
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at
    @babs_b
    @missybear
    @goal10kg!
    @mariaelena

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Hi, everyone. I got a text from the dentist’s office that they had an opening at 8am this morning, so instead of sitting down to post here, I was out the door for that and have been cooking for DH’s 68th birthday dinner ever since, so no time to chatter or read comments. Hopefully tomorrow morning will be quiet and I’ll have time.

Have a grand one, whether it’s daytime or night’s sleep!

Day 15 UK FD
    Day 14 UK NFD
    Day 13 UK NFD

i was sure i’d posted yesterday, o well. I’ve speedread posts & checking in briefly for accountablity.

Feeling a bit better today as the temperature has dropped to 28C and less humid at last. It was a relief to wake up able to breathe and think a little, to zoom and get a few hours project work done after the complete roadblock of last week. But wiped out, v behind and feeling chaotic so will take a few days to catch up a bit and see what’s possible. Only now do i realise how awful I’ve been feeling for the last week so going gently.

I hadn’t planned food today which is always challenging, esp when I get to thinking about food late and tired. i’m having eggs & beans and fruit for supper and will have a better balance tomorrow. Doing my best and that’s good enough.

Pocket list for Monday
    @linda.b
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at
    @babs_b
    @missybear
    @goal10kg!
    @mariaelena
    @gardenlily
    @michelinme

Day 16, NFD, Aus

I don’t want to use the F word but it applied to yesterday’s FD. Sigh.

Time for head down, head in right space, and heading for a successful end to the month.

Day 15 Ohio, US —MFD
    Days 12, 13, and 14 — NFD

Sorry for the gap — some new anti-inflammatory medicine the doctor prescribed has been making things fairly erratic. The good news from over the weekend was the weigh-in: it showed a half-pound loss, so there is some movement on the scales. With any luck the trend will continue and get me off this plateau!

@michelinme Hope the feeling better continues completely! And you’re very right: In any situation one’s best is always good enough!

@stitchincarol Wow! The dentist and a birthday dinner for your DH! So you’ve had your cake and flossed it too!

@gardenlily Thanks for the great fact about saffron! I always thought it came from the Middle East or India — hot climes. Maybe your slogan “better to bin than binge?” is similar to “better the waste than the waist?”

Pocket list for Monday
    @linda.b
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at
    @babs_b
    @missybear
    @goal10kg!
    @mariaelena
    @gardenlily
    @michelinme
    @matpi

Day 16 NFD country west Australia 84.9 kgs
    Looks like I’ m in good company with @at et al in trying to slay dragons for the second half of August.
    Interesting how the dragons have proliferated recently!!๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ™„
    Hopefully in the active act of dragon slaying I will also shed some kgs.๐Ÿคž
    Had reasonable FD yesterday. Whilst not under 500 calories it was under 800 so will take that at the moment. ๐Ÿ˜‡
    When FDs are going well and I am in the groove of doing Monday/Thursday FDs it usually isn’t too difficult.
    For the NFDs I find that I have to plug plug plug the numbers , which I loathe but it really does keep me on track.๐Ÿ™
    Also shows me where I am wildly over or underestimating quantities of food and the calorie count.
    Pesky little calories show up in the most unexpected places.๐Ÿ˜ฑ
    Having a battle with the Fat Fairy. The tyre she has deposited around my waist this time is really really REALLY super-glued into place and I am having a tough time removing it.
    But little by little I seem to be levering it off!! Hope to have it gone by end of September.
    @matpi good to hear you are getting off the plateau. Each little bit helps.
    @penz, here to help you stay on the wagon if necessary. The road is bumpy and I find it so easy to just fall off again….and again……..and again…….
    @ michelinme, I’m glad to hear you are somewhat better. May you continue to improve.๐Ÿ’
    @gardenlily ( nice name!!), I love the trivia quiz questions. I agree that nibbling cn add up and up and UP…
    @stitchincarol , very impressed by the dentist and DH’s birthday cooking scenario.
    I had to go to the dentist 2 weeks ago and found I had an infection under a root canal .
    Very painful but thanks to modern medicine antibiotics did the trick!
    NFD hacks – plan, as some have already said; eat slowly as @funshipfreddie said; drink 2 glasses of water before eating a meal; put knife and fork down between bites when eating and chew everything 20 times; remember portion sizes – cheese serve the size of a match box ๐Ÿคฃ( as if….)!; cereal 1/4 to 1/2 cup; pasta 1/2 cup ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ; meat 1 serve the size of the palm of your hand ; eat off a smaller plate.
    I have done all these in the past n m back doing them now.
    Oh, and remember that a chocolate bar has a LOT of calories as does a glass or 3 of vino…..
    Feeling very optimistic for the second half of August.
    Onward and downward.๐Ÿ˜„

Day 16 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Feeling virtuous. Kept to the FD foods but DH popped a bottle of prosecco to celebrate getting a distinction in his course….but that did not derail and am down a pound this morning.

Chicken salad planned for dinner with a side of corn on the cob.

Oh, @i-hate-lettuce reminded me……there may be a chance that we will have to take our campervan holiday at end of September in Scotland ๐Ÿ˜„ We have to get panels for the van (boring rust story) but seems we cannot source in Ireland so actively looking in UK. If that is the case we get them delivered to DH’s sister in the Lake District and we pop over on the ferry and travel around Scotland for two weeks before picking up the panels and heading home.

Kind of hoping that’s the way it will go. Apart from city breaks in Edinburgh and Glasgow, I don’t know Bonnie Scotland at all. Where to go, what to see, what to do ???? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”

Have a great Tuesday – Elvis Presley’s 45th anniversary โ˜น๏ธ

Day 16 โ€“ Tuesday โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ (NFD)๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜Ž

A little late signing on today… busy, busy, busy.. but I’m here now!

I don’t know if this is a record but๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ ……… we had 12 Pocket-Listers for FD Monday Day 15! Woohoooo!
    In Aussiepeak… HOWZAT! โญ๐ŸŒŸโญ๐ŸŒŸโญ๐ŸŒŸโญ๐ŸŒŸโญ๐ŸŒŸโญ๐ŸŒŸ
    We are COLLECTIVELY rocking it!
    So hope all your efforts went SPECTACULARLY well!

Love the NFD HACKS, HINTS & TIPS! What a treasure trove of great ideas everyone is sharing…. keep them coming… we learn from each other here. ๐Ÿง๐Ÿง๐Ÿง๐Ÿง

It’d be great to have the time to collate all the ideas into a single document… but as we are all so time poor we will just commit them to memory! ๐Ÿ˜Š BUT KEEP THEM COMING…. we all benefit from each other’s wisdom๐Ÿ˜

So today, Day 16, is a NFD for all of yesterday’s pockelisters….. let’s NOT blow it!๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค (Loved the tip about taping your mouth shut, ha ha ha๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚) For the others doing their FD today, we’re all with you! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š

Now, we need to talk…. because we are all in different timezones, it might be a good idea if you DON’T post your trivia answer as some haven’t even read the question when you do it.๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜œ
    However on the next day, after the answer is posted, we’d definitely like to hear how smart you are and if you had the answer right or not ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ. It’s just for fun after all.๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ Agreed?

That said… here is TRIVIA!!!!

โญYesterdayโ€™s Trivia – Monday – Day 15 (YOU CLEVER BUNCH!๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ Some of you were onto this very early!)
    Which flower yields the spice saffron?
    Crocus sativus The spice saffron is from the filaments that grow inside the flower.

โญTodayโ€™s TRIVIA – Tuesday – Day 16 (this one is easy!)
    Which fruit is named after a flightless bird and do you know another name for itโ“โ“โ“
    Shhhh!๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค๐Ÿค don’t tell everyone yet!

No time for individual responses today….. but I’ve read everyone’s posts and love your work! ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

cheerie dearies from downunder ๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜

Thought of the Day:
    To take a lesson from the little engine that could ๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚
    Just think you can, just think you can, just have that understood
    And very soon you’ll start to say, I always knew I could
    I knew I could, I knew I could, I knew I could
    I knew I could, I knew I could, I knew I could, I knew I could

Pocket List for Day 16 Tuesday (๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜jump right on the list!)

Day 16, NFD (CD), Scotland

Hi everyone, FD went well yesterday. I passed by a friends house after gym so I didnt get home until 9pm which made it all the easier. That could be a good tip, fast day or not! Another tip what I do on my NFD’s, is plan to make something really scrummy delicious on my NFD’s at the weekend – as to avoid a takeaway, and thats worked the past few weeks. Ive made twice this yummy sausage tomato and marscapone pasta, its so yummy I made it two weekends in a row! Avoiding a takeaway it a triumph for me and I enjoy the cooking and making new things, so win win all round.

Hey, everyone seems to be holidaying in Scotland ! Yay! Depends what sort of holiday you like @daffodil, oh you have a campervan, lucky you! This is on my to do list – https://www.visitscotland.com/see-do/tours/driving-road-trips/north-coast-500/

‘There’s nothing quite like the freedom of the long open road. Never-ending back roads, wide meandering country tracks and beautiful bends through some of Scotland’s finest coastal scenery are just a few things you can expect along the North Coast 500. Strap yourself in for the road trip of a lifetime’.

Day 16 – USA/GA – OMAD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. So far, no change over last week’s weight day by day. I was ALMOST a little lighter today, but no win. Going to attempt a lunch OMAD today and be a little more mindful on Wednesday afternoon’s dinner.

Day 16 – UK – CD

Managed to come in under 800cals yesterday so not bad so trying for a CD today

Out with my walking group this morning for a wander in Great Langdale around 8km/11,225steps! Coffee and raspberry scone sitting out in the sunshine afterwards ๐Ÿ˜‹

Food entered into MFP so should be able to do a good CD today to build on yesterday’s FD

Todayโ€™s TRIVIA – Which fruit is named after a flightless bird and do you know another name for it = YES and YES but I’ll keep the answer to myself for now ๐Ÿค”

Day 16 – 16:8

Not much to chat about today, coping with the return of hot temps and running errands.

Hope everyone is well.

Day 16 UK FD

Ha ha the question was literally written for you @at ๐Ÿ˜€

Keeping busy looking forward to dinner though

Day 16 Wales TDEE

Continuing the measuring and logging, cut myself a small chunk of cheese for lunch that I thought would be 30g, popped it on the scales to checkโ€ฆโ€ฆ51g! So easy to slip up. Cheese is one of my very favourite foods and it must clearly be an always weigh item from now on. Weigh and grate, it looks so much more when grated ๐Ÿ™‚

@linda.b todayโ€™s trivia is an easy one for me, one of my favourite fruits, but my lips are sealed.

Enjoy Tuesday everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Yesterday was a lovely day. The temps never got over 70 degrees (21), and it was damp and sprinkly through much of the day, so that made all the baking much less miserable than if it had been a really hot day. We played lots of cards, enjoyed the food–especially the Piedmont Tomahawk steak ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ–, DH liked his gifts, and we all really enjoyed lemon meringue pie for the birthday “cake.” ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿฅฐ Sadly, I woke up at 3:30 and have been awake since, and am suffering from gut woes, to boot. Oh well, this too shall pass, and it certainly makes the thought of a water fast even more appealing, since food is not my friend at the moment.

@funshipfreddie I love that the second “just one thing” listed is the importance of singing for the natural high you get, but the book is nowhere to be found on the US Amazon site; we’ll clearly have to wait longer than you Brits will.

@gardenlily Yeah, my sister was without her front tooth while she and her husband were traveling across the country to their new home–she was NOT happy, LOL. Thankfully, not only is mine far enough back, but it’s entirely painless, and the dentist was able to sand it down (to be no longer sharp) without having to use any anesthetic at all, because it was the crown. I have an appointment to get the crown replaced in two weeks, although I’m wondering if it’s worth the fuss and bother…

@linda.b I’ve even grown some of the plant that provides saffron, and have the hand-harvested treasure stored in my kitchen!

@penz Really? She would say that??? It surely was a joke??? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

@daffodil2010 I have to agree with @funshipfreddie that your 6 pounds a month is STELLAR and doesn’t seem in the least “slow going” to me! After all your months (years?) of wanting to have success, I can certainly understand you want it to happen far faster, but don’t let yourself forget that you’re losing at a faster rate than most successful dieters!

As to success on NFDs: I’m struggling with that myself, but thinking over what has worked/helped, and reading other people’s comments, I have some insights. Several of you have used the word “focus.” That’s huge. Much of our too-many-calorie NFDs is caused by entirely forgetting what we’re attempting to do–we’re not focusing, wholly and completely on our goal. Another is “hoping” to have a successful day of any variety. I wrote a long post a year ago this month (I think?) about how if we make promises to anyone else, we keep them, so let’s make an honest-to-goodness promise to ourselves about what we’ll eat/drink on any given day and then KEEP that promise, and completely eliminate the word “hope” from our menu plans, as if we have no real control over what we eat/drink. (Sounds good, huh? It worked for me for four months…dunno why it’s not working now. No focus, perhaps?) Three hacks that help are 1. To go take a bath; can’t eat there. 2. Go to bed early; I’ve always brushed my teeth by then, and don’t eat there either. 3. Go somewhere else, away from your kitchen, away from food. Garden, go for a walk, go start a project at work that will keep you busy, just stay away from your kitchen, and then get home just barely with enough time to prepare your dinner so you’re not snacking while you wait for it to be time to start cooking. (Can you see me in my kitchen, nibbling on nuts and sipping wine, watching the news, waiting to start dinner? Yup, that’s how I know that last.)

@matpi You make me laugh out loud about DH’s birthday cake and flossing it too!

And I have no idea about the bird/fruit/other name trivia!

Okay, must scoot and get ready for piano lessons.

“You are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way.”

Day 16 UK CD

Another day when i’m sure I’d posted and come to find it’s not here! I must get better at checking I’ve actually hit Enter before I close the window.

Fell into more of a FD800 yesterday at 500 calories plus a handful of dates (!) but that’ll do me. This morning i felt a teeny bit less puffy and a teeny bit under 80kg/176lb… baby steps.

Today has been unexpectedly difficult and emotional after I ended up having a bit of an argument with my mother when she came for her weekly tea – mostly i suspect because i’m very tired and she can be very tiring in her determined opinions, particularly on politics! But it was good to listen to her reminisce about her brother who died more than 60 years ago. I’m definitely in need of a break but still need to do some project work and planning before my head will be able to switch off. No commitments now for almost 3 weeks so I should be able to get 10 days off within that time.

I broke my fast at 3pm with a marmite tea, then a OMAD supper of baked sweet potato, steamed green beans with balsamic vinegar, stir fried quorn chicken/leeks/pak choi/spinach with garlic & chilli followed by a compote of all the ‘tired’ fruit- apples, gooseberries, mango & dates with vegan custard – yum! I’m feeling very well indulged but in a good way. Hoping for a good night’s sleep and more energy tomorrow!

Wishing strength to all today’s fasters

Day 17 AUS FD800

Quick check in from me this morning as it will be a super-long and busy day here.

Weirdly, I have been avoiding the scales this past week as there have been lots of events/dinners on, and I didn’t want to see the scale moving the wrong way!

But instead, my weight has gone down, and my measurements have shrunk too. I am wondering if moving between higher cal days and fasting has sped up my metabolism? No idea, but not taking anything for granted!

Currently 1k from goal, and hoping to get there by the end of the month. Let’s make the second half of this month’s challenge a focused one!

Day 17, FD, Aus

Fast Day. There, Iโ€™ve said. I promise to myself this will be a FD. I promise all of you Iโ€™ll stick to my word!!

A tip from me: do something else at โ€˜normalโ€™ meal times. One reason Iโ€™m doing a FD today is Iโ€™ve started the puppy on agility training (a dog sport where you run the dog over a course of obstacles). Class is at 6.30 pm โ€“ right when I would normally be in the kitchen. Weโ€™ll get home too late to bother about food. Win win!

I should start measuring food as well, but I know I wonโ€™t. Half a cup of pasta!??! Are you kidding!!

Day 16 trivia question: yep, got it. Has anyone tried the yellow variety? Itโ€™s good!

Have been reading all the posts but โ€“ feeling v selfish and self-centred here โ€“ am trying to concentrate (focus) more on me at the mo. Have a good hump day everyone.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 342 total)

You must be logged in to reply.