4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

This topic contains 2,656 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,401 through 1,450 (of 2,659 total)

• US SE Day 23 NFD. Well, I managed to drop .4 of a lb from last week. Which wasn’t bad given the week that was in it. Going to give it my all for the last week!

Ireland day 23 nfd….with my new regime I’m finding writing everything down really does keep you on track…
    Coda yes it is s little disheartening but I’ve dropped 2lb on mine since Wednesday…my daughter said ages ago that mine was weighing her 7lbs heavier than any other she used…that’s exactly the difference between mine and DebbieQ’s…Debbie has been my inspiration and I’m so glad I followed her advice and started this…

Australia – Day 24

Fuvvie – Congrats on the weight loss!

Back2thefuture – Nothing like a goal, lol. I find it hard to think of a goal, because during the time I have been doing this I have had 3 or 4 weeks losing next to nothing and then bam, for a few weeks will lose a fair bit. So it would suck to have a goal for the period in which you lose next to nothing. I am kind of doing more long term goals. So I wanted to be under 80 by my husbands birthday in June which I got to, and then I wanted to be under 75 by my kids birthdays in August which I have gotten to and now I want to be under 70 by my birthday in October. Fingers crossed I get that one too 🙂

An eating day today. My new horse and donkey turns up today 🙂 We have spent the morning cleaning. The sun is finally shining and it seems like it is going to be a good day 🙂 Take care all.

Australia, day day 24, NFD

Back home, has been really full on in my life for the last couple of weeks, not L Life stuff, but very full, so no reading of the list and wow, it’s now page 29!! Hope all are going well all over the world, wherever you may be 🙂

Onwards and downwards,
    Merry

Day 23, Québec

Fd today = success !

I wrote down plans for the week to come. I can do this, I can do this. Just do it !

Day 23 wisconsin
    Have been on vacation…..made some great choices and some not so great choices. We were very active so I will take that as the positive. I will do a 16:8 tomorrow in preparation for my FD on Monday. ( that will be my first one in over a week) ready to get back at it after a little break.

California, USA day 22/23. Both NFD and went over my TDEE yesterday due to my OH ordering my favorite pizza. Hoped to keep it below my TDEE today, but my best friend made brownies for work and she is the best baker around. Between that and left over pizza, it has not been going very well. Tomorrow is a work day and a NFD. I am hoping to get everything back in control. The scales have been creeping upwards.

Day 23– Colorado, USA

In the back of my closet, I found 2 lovely sun-dresses. They’ve been hanging there for almost 3 years with tags still on. When I bought them on sale, they were too tight to wear (really accentuated the belly rolls too much.)

Well, this week I finally got to pop the tags off & have enjoyed wearing them out in this summer-time heat.

YAY! Progress!!

Way to go, HappyMargo!!!!

US Day 23- NFD

Had a really good day today, I may have gone over my TDEE, but if I did it wasn’t by a whole lot. I was down another half a pound today for a 2 lb loss this week and I have already met my short term goal for this challenge! I’m starting to fit into clothes that were to small last year and will soon be running out of smaller clothes to go into. A happy problem to have I must say!

Congrats everyone on the weight losses!

Croatia, Day 24, NFD
    Weight: 80.2 Kg

UK day 24 – FD today, and looking forward to a nice busy one as I finish off at work and then get tidied up around the house and packed up ready for camping. Out for dinner last night and chose a delicious Caesar salad. Scales here at home are reading much better than my Mum’s scales – so glad to be comparing like with like.
    Have a good one everyone.

Italy Day 23 – NFD

Wanted to keep light during the day as we were going out for paella and mojito later on but failed quite miserably in the morning. Managed better in the afternoon with a 8km walk and Lots of water . Will have to see what the scales say on Tuesday.

Day 24.. UK… Yorkshire

NFD

Still away for the weekend with friends.

Food and drink has been a nightmare!

Home Monday.

Gozo, Malta

Yesterday I only had one fourth of a pizza when usually I have half. My husband too had one fourth but I copied him not the other way round.

Thanks back2thefuture for your suggestion of taking less rice when we eat Chinese food today, I’ll take it. This morning I had only one lite cappuccino at 50 calories.

My husband weighed himself this morning and he when down by 0.8 kilo since last Sunday.

Happy Sunday everyone take care and enjoy yourselves.

Scotland Day 24 FD

Being very good and hopefully I will lose that last 2 Ibs to meet my goal this challenge. I have found the last 2 weeks hard with one thing and another. Hubby lost 4.02 Ibs this week Sun – Sun which isn’t bad considering he can’t do a lot on account of his hernia which he’s awaiting surgery for. I convinced him that it wasn’t all about exercise and that he had to be mindful about what he was ingesting! So it’s off the beer and watching his intake. He has a stone to lose and I have half a stone to lose. It gets really hard the nearer we are to our goals. Good luck all.

Day 24 Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, UK: Non-fast day.
    Jml60…you’re so close to your goal for this challenge, that’s great news, you can do it. I am about 8 pounds away from my overall goal and a bit stuck, but I WILL get there within the next few challenges.
    Back to Royal Mail tomorrow after a week on holiday so I can get on with my fast days, which I find easier to do at work and out on my rounds. I hope to fast tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday to round off this challenge. If I can lose one more pound I’ll be happy.
    Coda: What day does this challenge finish and what exactly is to follow? Sorry if I’ve missed the detail…I don’t manage to read all the posts every day.

Dorset UK Day 24
    FD

Sorry I didn’t check in yesterday!

After a couple of days of ‘feasting’ today is a much needed FD!

Kay

Northern Spain day 24
    Good morning everyone.
    So far so good. It’s a NFD today again
    I am shaping up, even if I say so myself!!
    Despite the days when I fall off the wagon there seems to be positive progress overall for that I’m very thankful.
    Hope everyone has a great day.
    We’re nearly at the end of our present challenge and I intend not to lose focus, if I’m lucky and stay away from chocolate.
    Cheers

Hi all UK day 24 nfd.

B2TF thank you for sharing and be very proud of yourself.

Don’t worry Ciren2 I will be posting reminders of what is happening.

Friday 29 is last day – you can post results over the weekend as I know some weigh on saturday. Medals for 4 week challenge will be given. July 30th is day 1 counting up to when bonus starts on 14th August when we switch and count down from 14 to zero which should be 22nd August when bonus for phase 2 ends. bonus medals will be given to those who stick with it to end of phase 2 bonus challenge.

I suggest a printed blank calendar or diary and put in the dates may help.

Also a reminder to those incorporating exercise. This week in addition to plank, squat and press up you can try the bridge or butt sqeeze (not sure if they are the names) you lie down with knees bent, arms by side, you raise your butt squeezing at top of movement (you will be resting on shoulders and feet like añ upside down v) as you lower your butt before you touch the floor raise again and repeat. I am sure YouTube has videos or someone may know exactly what I am trying to describe.

US, Day 24, NFD. I was only kidding yesterday about losing weight from my haircut, but it appears that actually happened. I saw a number this morning that I have not seen in over a decade. 118.8. The next few days should be very challenging as I have a dinner engagement every single night through Wednesday. My goal for this challenge was 118. I’m so close.

One other variation on the bridge is zipping up your thighs on the way up (feet should be hip distance apart).

95 degrees predicted here today. Stay hydrated, everyone!

UK day 24 NFD today ,enjoying the weekend FD tomorrow and aiming for a good few days leading up to the end of this challenge

Day 24 USA (Illinois)

NFD today for me. FD yesterday went very well – better than I feared with company here. I managed to feed others at appropriate times, but then I ate a salad about 4 p.m. And I am celebrating today getting below 165 for the first time in forever.

HappyMargo – I am so happy for you finding dresses in the back of your closet! It’s a great feeling, isn’t it? I just wish mine had been new like yours, but my old one was still nice to put on and wear. I am trying to clean out old big clothes, though, especially pants that just bag around my hips and thighs. The new slim style of leggings and pants is another motivation to shop!

Minol – I love Caesar salad too. I make my own dressing so have no clue how many calories it has. But on my fast days, I will have that for my only meal. Sometimes I add some meat, shrimp, or sauteed mushrooms to it.

Here’s to our last week of a GREAT challenge! Thank you, Coda, for taking us on!

Anna – yeah for you with your pizza portion! I often eat half as well, but I am trying to avoid pizza until I get to my target weight. It is just so darn hard to stop eating.

Gozo, Malta

Dear SongBirdMe I know it’s very hard to stop eat pizza. I should copy you and stop eating pizza until I reach my target weight.

I tried eating sensibly Chinese food at lunch. Omitted starter and ate only two prawn crackers. But did have a banana liquoir my husband brought me from Sicily two weeks ago. This evening will have something light only and hope I’m below my TDEE.

Tomorrow is a fast day for us. I wish I’ll lose weight by next Friday.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Austin in Ohio -Day 24

Bad last couple days at lake. 😔 Donuts n ice cream. But i dud keep up with my 10,000 steps.

Gotta reign it in this week at moms house.

Day 24 Los Angeles. Congratulations to everyone still here — we are doing it! NFD again. It’s been beastly hot here and wildfires have filled the air with ash and smoke, so I won’t be hoping for a walk today!

Day 24 Cornwall UK.
    NFD today so, just keeping within TDEE. Had a 3 mile walk, but difficult as my Plantar fasciitis has returned and really painful! However I have done my strength exercises and a few K on my static bike. HIT starts tomorrow thanks Queb the link worked and I will consider my age and fitness!
    Since starting this challenge I haven’t lost any weight, life gets in the way ! So when I returned from my brother’s 60th and found I’d put on 5lbs I knew I had to pull myself together and refocus. I know I can do it as I’d lost over a stone on the first challenge!
    5.2 works – so after 3 fast days, I got on the scales today and have lost those 5lbs! I was jubilant This morning!
    Northendawn – well done for losing your 4bls!

So I’m back on that horse and refocused! I have gone back to basics: Plan, record food, weigh and count calories and have started ‘My fitness pal’ again to keep track of calories ( I don’t take note of the dire warnings of not eating enough on fast days!)
    Coolcat – thanks I’m back to writing it all down!

I will be happy to lose any weight on the last few days of the challenge!

Jml60- well done nearly at gaol!
    K-lo – that’s brill, 120lbs umm I must have been there on the way UP!
    Neostford – your English is great thanks for helpful posts and links.
    Fuvvie- great weight loss!
    B2F – 40hrs water fast – wow, that’s crazy!!
    Happymargo –happy days that’s such a boost to morale!
    ETJ – your certainly meeting the birthday goals I’m sure you’ll be at the next one on your birthday. An inspiration to us all!

Good luck everyone, stay strong!

The Netherlands – Day 24 (non-fast day)

Checking in.

Day 24, India, NFD

Lots of eating today.. definitely over my TDEE.. and no exercise.. will try FD tomorrow to be good again.

Late night last night but still went to Pilates this morning. Counting down toy holidays 😎

Days 23 & 24 – USA – NFD

I’ll try and post everyday this week. I’ve been missing too much. I weighed in at 157.4 lbs, so lost .6 this week. I went over TDEE Friday. Too much pizza! Seems to be a downfall of a few of us! I had a good run yesterday and am resting today. Next FD will be Monday.

Ireland day 24 nfd
    Got on the scale today and delighted to see I’m down 3lb since Friday….so glad to finally get rid of the excess fluid from my long haul flight….today started out as usual for breakfast and lunch…more than enough cals left but feel guilty spending them on nachos and wine even tho I won’t be going over… upside is my fast day is Monday so recovery will be quick…it is so easy to imagine that you’re not going over in portion size or to discount the little additions but they are the ones that count in the end and push you over you max….I think my Best Buy on holiday was my A5 notebook that I have everything itemised in…good luck to all on this journey 💖

Australia Day 26 FD sorry just a quick check in. Will catch up on the posts later.

Day 24 (again) — Colorado, USA

DebbieQ– I’m with you; gonna give it my all this last week of Challenge.
    My planks haven’t improved as much as I would’ve hoped, but my clothes are fitting so nicely now!
    Plus, on Thursday we fly out to visit family. There will be loads of bikini swimsuit time.

So giving it my all for this final push!….. And, Quebecoise– I know you can do it too! 🙂

ETJ– have fun with the new additions to “your family!” I so enjoy reading your stories of outdoorsy farm life. Keep ’em coming!

Ciren2– have you ever worn a pedometer on your Royal rounds? I’ve wondered how far you end up walking each work day.

Coda– thanks for the explanation of the next challenge round. I hope to join you all yet again!

K-Lo– congrats on seeing numbers on the scale you’ve not seen in decades! This 5:2 business really works!!

SongBird & Minols– I’m going out to dinner with DH tonight… think you’ve talked me into a Caesar salad with grilled chicken on top. Mmmm.

Anna– great job on cutting pizza portion by half. Strong work.

neostaford– thanks for the links! Seems I never get tired of reading these articles & learning something new.

Lisahawk– how’s the half marathon training coming along? I imagine this time of year, you have to get your runs in rather early to beat the Florida heat.

Day 24– Colorado, USA

Busy day included errands around town, which I did all by bicycle.
    Then home to take my doggy outside for a run. Whew! It was HOT at noon.
    Then rode bikes with DH to the gym to lift weights.

My legs are officially BEAT.
    Going out to dinner tonight & taking the car instead of biking as it is about to thunderstorm outside. I’m actually relieved it’s raining so I have an excuse to leave my bike at home this time! 🙂

Italy Day 24 – NFD

Really got the munchies this morning, kind of got back on track in the afternoon.
    Buona notte

HappyMargo and Rocky65, Thank you both so much for your very thoughtful comments on so many posts. You’ve summarised lots of achievements beautifully and I second all you have said😘😉 So now it’s up to me to mirror so many of those achievements. I sit here with my mother-in-law and often find it really hard to make conversation due to her dementia, so I have taken to reading out the posts to her and it gives us lots of things to talk about, where people live, how they spend their days, how they feel about life, how inspiring they are. You all provide so much support than you realise. Thank you💞💞💞

Sunshine Coast Qld Aus: another day in paradise😅 Cool mornings but warm sunny days at present. We live up on the range behind Nambour. There is a dairy at Maleny which sells the most perfect cream and I am on my second coffee and cream for the morning. It is a fast day today so tea and water from here on in for the 36 hour fast. This really sets me up for the day. I was 107.6kgs after NFD yesterday but hope to be under 106.9 by tomorrow when I weigh. It’s a bit of 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Not quite Anaide’s samba but not a waltz either. 💃🏻 Oh to be that slim! Have a great day everyone.
    BTW Rocky, do you strap your foot when you need a bit of relief from your plantar fasciitis? You can use a cm wide piece of leukoplast and take it from the ball of your foot on the side of the big toe, around your heel without laying it against your skin on the arch of your foot, and back onto the ball of your foot under the little toe. Then you do it again, overlapping the first piece by half. This creates a bit of a spring under your foot. You can’t do it if you are allergic to taping of course. And don’t rip it off afterwards as I’ve seen people tear their skin. You anchor the tape on the ball of the foot by laying a third piece of tape gently around the ball of the foot. Don’t pull that piece tight as it can affect your circulation. Better to get a physio to help with that perhaps. Just a thought. It’s the brown leukoplast that I used to use.

My mistake – Day 25 in Australia not 26 – sorry for the confusion!

US SE Day 24 NFD. Furvie… your post about your mother in law touched my heart and brought back so many memories. My mother in law suffered with Alzheimers for 10 years before she passed. It was a very difficult time filled with many emotions..laughter and tears. I’m glad she enjoys our posts so much. I do too! Good luck to all as we head into our last week.

US Day 24- NFD

Today went really well. We planned to have a big breakfast as a treat and I cooked a variety of foods and ended up only eating 400 calories (160 of that being a biscuit) and I was full. FULL! This is definitely a new development because in the past I eat my own breakfast and some more again. I really think fasting is to blame (in a good way) for this. I find myself not needing near as much food to feel full. Has anyone else noticed this?

I’m hoping these changes will help me not gain weight again when I start back at college in September.

Good luck everyone in the final countdown!!

Day 24, Québec.

A good FD yesterday and a very good NFD today. I am under my TDEE. Looking forward to weighing tomorrow morning. Yep !
    I really want to give it my best for the last strech of the challenge. No wine, no alcool, no nachos, no desert.

I agree with Fuvvie and want to thank Happymargo and Rocky 65 for their comments.

Fuvvie, I am touched by your relationship with your mother in law and your reading of our posts. I can almost imagine the both of you in a slow and peacefull setting.

Asweet0862 I am living the same thing as you are. When I really do 5:2 as it should be and stay under the calories allowance, I rapidely feel full when I eat. Full and, I must add, I also feel very confortable as opposed to when I used to eat too much. I guess we can use this comfort feeling as a motivation to hold on.

I wish you all a great last week x

Croatia, day 25, NFD
    Weight: 80 Kg

Day 24 wisconsin…..did a 16:8 today. FD tomorrow. Need to get back on track…..actually looking forward to the fast.

Day 24 Minnesota, USA NFD Last day of vacation.

ETJ: just found and read your personal journey and I would recommend it to everyone on this thread if they want to be inspired and uplifted. When I jokingly said the other day you should start a blog, I wish you would have pointed me in the direction of your personal page. I understand you are too humble to do that. You are an amazing young woman that I would be proud to call a daughter, or a friend. Your mother is probably super proud of the person you are!
    So sorry about the death of your poddy lamb! Gave me tears, truly!

Fuvvie: you are a compassionate, patient and empathetic person to care for your MIL. You read our posts to your MIL? I suggest reading to her ETJ’s story of her life on a farm in OZ with her three little boys. I believe it is novel worthy. Like Laura Ingall’s “Little House On the Prairie” Series in the United States. I have reread that series since my youth. Still great! I may do again shortly. Just click on ETJ’s name on these posts, and then her profile will come up. You can click on the “topics started”, which is where you’ll find the thread I’m talking about. You can always click on “replies created” to see all of her posts. Same with all of us.

JML60 and Ciren2: well, I’m right there with you; I have 10-11 pounds (5 Kg) to lose now. It is hard for me to stay really motivated because I know 5:2 works well, and so I know when I do decide to get serious again, it will come off. So, I tend to make excuses this vacation time.
    If not for 5:2, though, I would have gained several pounds, and not lost them. Like last year I would have just kept gaining. I will always stay with 5:2 now that I know the power of this way of life/eating. I am not in a huge hurry to lose more, because I believe it’s better to settle in at this weight in a comfortable way, as to be sustainable, and figure out the things I can do to make my goal weight of 140 doable for the next 20 years or so.

Back2tF, I am so impressed by your story!. It took courage to tell us all what you are truly dealing with as far as weight, and also your surgeries and the accident. I have nothing but admiration and respect for you! You have gone through so much in the past 2-3 years and I wonder if I could have done the same with the grace and courage that you show every day on these boards! Now, I understand why you are so motivated and why you put so much effort into the exercises and the fasting. But still, it’s a long term thing and I hope you will give yourself a break every now and then.
    I will always be wishing the best for you!

Good luck to everyone!

California, USA end of day 24. NFD today, busy day at work. Stayed within my TDEE. It’s too hot to do much of anything today. It’s nearly 10 pm and still 93 degrees. FD tomorrow. Good night.

Hey, Rocy65,
    Take care of that plantar fasciitis!. That can be so painful. Have you tried an epsom salt soak?
    I was glad to see you lost the 5 lbs or so you had gained on vacation. Today, it seems I’ve gained back a pound, but I’m not panicking. I really had a great time when grandkids were here. That included treats. It’s not something I would ever do most days, or weeks, so I am feeling quite okay about the whole gain and such. I hope you are likewise alright about the happy times you had on vacation. It’s not like you do it every month, right? So, the beauty of 5:2 is that we know we will lose it ( which we both have) and then go on to lose more. Lovely. Brilliant. Best of luck to you, and take care of that foot!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,401 through 1,450 (of 2,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply.