4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

This topic contains 2,656 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,451 through 1,500 (of 2,659 total)

• Australia – Day 25 – 4 days to go of challenge 🙂 So the 29th is our last day? Not long to go now! I will weigh in on Saturday as I never weigh in after an eating day. Today is a fasting day.

NorthernDawn – Thank you so much! You gave me tears. I still get upset about her, but try and move along as I don’t want to upset the kids. Mum has the same philosophy on her 5:2. She doesn’t really want to do anything different to try and lose more weight, but as she says, she isn’t losing but at least she isn’t gaining!

Today I attempted to lunge my horse Lexi – it’s much harder than it looks, lol. All she kept doing was walking up to me and staring at me. I am going to youtube some videos tonight and then if I can’t figure it out tomorrow I will contact our farrier and go and let him teach me. Her and our new donkey seem to love each other, so all is well on our farm. It is freezing. A top of 5* but with windchill would be under 0.

Day 25… UK Nottingham

Morning, cannot remember if I logged in yesterday but my weight is up 1lb today.

On a FD so hopefully start the momentum off again

Scotland Day 25 FD

Thanks to all for your empathy and input it’s very much appreciated. I nearly threw the scale out the window this morning as I had gained a pound! It’s so frustrating and I can remember the last time I did 5:2 I got stuck at between 9 st 1 and 3 Ibs. Trying to get and stay under 9 is like a battle 🙂 It was murder yesterday as well as I made Mary Berrys cheats version of Lemon Meringue Pie for mum and hubby and the remainder is lying in the fridge now! I’m good on fd’s and generally never eat my TDEE on nfd’s although last week was a horror of a week 🙂 Sticking with the 20:4 with Mon, Wed and Frid fast days and hopefully this will make a difference. Another busy week with mum who’s going in to respite for the weekend so here’s hoping I can kick my weight into touch. Good luck all.

Gozo, Malta

HappyMargo I do admire you for your bike rides and the exercise you do everyday. I went to mass this morning and walked to church and back for 20 minutes.

Fuvvie you’ll get slim and at your target don’t worry. You just have to keep on going doing the 5:2 or 4:3. It’s a great way to enjoy the company of your mother in law reading the posts here. Before she passed away my mother used to spend a lot of time in my home and we used to talk, eat and pray together sometimes with my daughters too. It’s been eleven years and a half since she’s been gone and I still miss her.

Assweet0862 and Quebecoise, I too feel full sooner. I’m enjoying my food more since doing 5:2 and I’m trying to eat more slowly now.

Today is a fast day for my husband, my daughters and I. My husband forgot and ate a cantucci biscuit. Still I told him all is not lost and I’ll modify his lunch to 200 calories and dinner to 300 calories since he’s allowed 600 calories. One of my daughters is eating here today as I’m babysitting her son. We intend to go walking this evening.

Have a great Monday everyone.

The Netherlands – Day 25 (fast day)

Work day and fast day today for me.

UK day 25 OK so last few days of this challenge and I want to end on a high, when I reflect back I can see where I’ve gone wrong but learning to change old habits is hard. I guess like a few others on this journey I lose weight pretty slowly but miraculously put it on at the speed of light ! So 3 weeks hard work reversed with a bad weekend – but no point moping Just need to use that info when making decisions in the future .
    FD for me today – have a busy day planned so that should help

Day 25.. UK.. Yorkshire

Fast day

Northern Spain day 25
    Good morning everyone.
    FD today-just a calorie controlled lunch and nothing else for the rest of the day.
    Hope everyone has a great Monday!!

It’s a holiday here in Spain, el día de Santiago, or St. James’Day. He’s the patron saint of Spain, el camino de Santiago is a very popular pilgrimage walk over here. You can walk or cycle from Southern France in the foothills of the Pyrenees to the very West Coast of Spain to Santiago in Galicia staying in different hostels along the way. It’s around 825 km and people tend to walk 25km a day. Most people do it in stages as it takes 3 or 4 weeks to do it all at once.
    Anyone up for another simple challenge!!!??

Cheers

Surrey UK Day 25 (and for day 24!)

Went to the beach with the grandchildren, dogs and family yesterday and we got back late, then the job of trying to get the fine beach sand out of everything…the dogs needed bathing as well. By the time I was done I could only think of falling into bed!
    Today and Thursday will be fast days.

Day 26, India, FD

Going strong today.. my first FD where I have not eaten till 3 in the afternoon till now.. intend to hold till 5 atleast.. been busy today listening to Jason Fung on Youtube.. so much information!

When I tell people I have no problem with liquid-only fast days but then can’t stop over-eating on weekends, I feel so stupid! You can tell by the looks on their faces that they think I am an idiot living such an extreme way. And they are right in that I need to stick faithfully to my TDEEs on NFDs. I am making that promise to myself and to all of you now.

Australia, day 25, FD,

Doing 1/4 of my TDEE, i.e. 375 cals, rather than 500 on Fast days. After 9pm and cals are 291 so a good FD today.

Onwards and Downwards,
    Merry

Day 25– Colorado, USA

Oh Hannah, please don’t believe you are “an idiot” or feel stupid when you go over over calories. We’re all human (& food is just too dang yummy!)

I’ve had plenty of weeks where I’ve been in your very shoes. Having a good Monday thru Friday, then the weekend hits & I un-do all my progress with restaurants & red wine. It happens to us all! We’re in this together & truly understand the frustration.

Please, don’t beat yourself up. Give yourself a pep talk as if you were a dear friend (we are so much harder on ourselves.) Take it as a learning experience & hop back on the horse! I’d hop on one of ETJ’s horses, they sound sweet!

((Hugs)) to you Hannah!

Day 25 – NH, USA

FD today….it’s the last week of the challenge people!! Lets all finish strong!

I’m a little disheartened as I’m up 3.5 pounds since my Friday weigh in; I didn’t think I was THAT bad. I stayed under 1500 calories each day but I did have a martini on Friday night and I had 1 cup of vanilla ice cream (holy smoke it was homemade and so fantastic…I couldn’t even finish it!) on Saturday afternoon. I guess that was enough damage..perhaps it was all that fat and cream that pushed my body over the edge? I don’t eat much dairy any more but I did do a lot of fresh salads…guess not enough.

Congrats Margo!!! What a great feeling that must be.

Day 25 FD. Wisconsin
    I’ve got this :)) happy Monday to you all

Day 25 USA (Illinois)

NFD today. I thawed a breakfast pastry overnight, and will limit myself on just a small piece. I knew it would be good to cook while company is here. But like Hannah, I find NFD’s can be hard to maintain TDEE.

Have a great day, all!

USA, Texas. Day 25.
    Sorry, I missed a couple of days. It was busy fun time with my girls. 🙂
    Yes, I ate one piece of each pie/cake. Still, sometimes life gives you pleasant surprises! Today’s scale actually gave me the lowest number so far. I stepped on it a couple of more time to check that I am not dreaming. Additionally, today is the fasting day, so I am really hopeful for tomorrow’s morning scale verdict. 🙂
    BTW, we adopted a little 8 weeks kitten. She is adorable, and already started to boss around my 11 year old German Sheppard, and 12 years old male cat. It is amazing how much bravery could fit in a tiny skinny creature. She could probably fit easily in my dog’s mouth, but stood up her grounds when crossing a path with him, and make him turn around, so she could proceed with her way. 🙂

Austin in Ohio- Day 25

Hi Cold Pizza! Kitten sounds so cute!

no pleasant surprises here. My new goal is to end July without gaining.

Yesterday was my mother-in-laws house who fixed a special vegan meal for our family. I ate everything with a smile.

Gozo, Malta

Dolly bird my sister in law did part of el Camino di Santiago in Spain two years ago for ten days. It’s very popular and it’s like a pilgrimage. Have you ever done it? I haven’t but my sister in law and her friend enjoyed doing it.

HannaWotto I have never done liquids only fast but I have eaten more then my TDEE over the weekends many times and by over I mean a lot. The main thing is you keep on going and try to better yourself. Eating is a pleasure but when you are so good during weekdays it’s not a big thing if you indulge once in a while over the weekends. That’s the beauty of 5:2 or 4:3 you go straight back on track and gradually educate yourself by finding other pleasures in life so you can become fit and slim. My dream!

Had some minestrone soup for lunch and cooked chicken and veg for my husband and daughter.

The colorie Counted second diet book of the hairy bikers arrived today and have just selected a recipe from it to cook tomorrow. I have another calorie counted book coming by Justine Pattison.

Yesterday as a treat and incentive to myself I ordered two dresses US size 10. My uk size 14 are a bit on the lose side although I’m loving wearing them as six weeks ago everything was too tight. Hopefully by September 16 when my husband and I are going to Sicily for our holiday with our son I’ll fit into the dresses I bought and others I have European size 12.

I enjoy reading everyone’s posts because they encourage me. This is the last week of the challenge and hopefully we’ll all Lose weight by Friday with one last effort.

Take care everyone

25 Challenge …

Today returning to fasting, many visits, many meals!

It’s great to have friends, they bring us joy and satisfaction, but our project suffers backwardness because of the good food!

Hugs

Thanks Margo and Anna – I really appreciate your kind words.

Coldpizza – Enjoy your new little one. She sounds like a little fighter. You’ll have no problems with mice in your house, lol. And good job with limiting your sweets! It’s lovely that you have such a family tradition. My Mum always makes my middle son a cheesecake when she see’s us. He feels very special!

Anna6 – Buying clothes in 2 sizes smaller is a great idea for an incentive. You don’t have long until your holiday! It’ll be great motivation for you.

Hannahwatto – You are so not an idiot. You wouldn’t be human if you didn’t indulge once in awhile. It’s one of the things I like about alternate fasting. No matter how bad a day you have, the next day is a re-set 🙂

Happymargo – You can borrow one of my horses, lol. Or maybe you’d prefer the donkey, haha!! Sorry for being an ass 😋

US, Day 25, sweltering outside, freezing A/C inside. I HATE this part of summer.

FD, feeling hungry. I hope I can make it. I had my coconut oil coffee, and now I’m sipping seltzer, which may be contributing to my feeling cold. I may switch to tea.

My dip into 118-land was short lived, but no worries. I plan to plunge back into it big time very soon.

I am having dinner out tonight with my sister’s fabulous younger daughter. She works at the Public Theater in NYC (which is how I got to see Hamilton!!!). She’s a 4′ 10″ bundle of “fierce”. I am looking forward to catching up with her and eating a lot of grilled veggies and salad. I will have a glass of wine.

I spent the weekend working on the rear deck…powerwashing, painting…and my back is grumbling at me today.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. FD for me today, went for a swim at 7am this morning. Really giving it my all for the last week as I am off on holiday on Friday for the month of August on 2 separate holidays! I am so determined not to gain as I don’t want to start back again in September losing the same pounds! I am going to try and fast (which will be a challenge!) even if I only manage one day a week.

My last weigh in will be on Friday before I go and as I won’t have access to scales for the first few weeks, my next weigh in will be on Friday 19 August before I go away again 🙂 🙂 🙂

Ontario
    Heat Wave
    July 25
    Could not post Friday as computers were down
    Weight stayed the same again 🙁
    Today is fast day
    Did my walk early 3 KM
    Planning to get blood work Friday coming up. Hoping my blood sugars lower again.

Day 25, Cotswolds, UK: Fast day. Feeling fairly confident, so far. Ideally I would like to make it another 36-hour water-only fast, not eating til tomorrow breakfast, like last Friday, which was my first ever. I’ve finished reading Jason Fung’s “The Obesity Code” and what he says about fasting being the way to lower fattening insulin. 24-36 hours with no food at all really getting the process going, as any eating makes the body produce insulin (temporarily). I want to get away from the danger-zone of insulin resistance. Type-2 Diabetes runs in my family very strongly, and at 62, I’m just that age.
    HappyMargo: I too wonder how many miles I walk on my rounds. In the old days, when we had bikes (rather than vans) it was probably more…nowadays, getting in and out of vans a lot, probably cuts it down a bit overall. Maybe I walk 5 or 6 miles on a typical day…I don’t know really. No pedometer.

Gozo, Malta

Thanks ETJ. After last Friday when I only registered 0.1 kilo weight loss I need the motivation.

Day 25. Wisconsin, USA.

Back from Vacation. FD today, and my body is understandably not liking it. My week of vacation put me out of form. Buckling down again, and will make it through this day with an apple, fresh veggies and a salad. Plus coffee and lots of water, of course.

On a positive note. I seem to be staying in the upper 140’s, and I’m great with that. I feel strong, and I look stronger too. Between 5:2 and the more intense workouts I feel comfortable. It feels great to be unburdened by the preoccupation of trying to figure out how to get healthier and lose a bit of extra fat.

I plan to continue 5:2 indefinitely. I don’t have an intense desire to lose more weight, even though I could lose 15 more pounds and still be healthy on the charts.
    For me, 5:2, is an incredible way to stay healthy and keep my appetite in check. I’m so grateful for everyone’s insight. I’m sticking with this challenge to the end. I think I’ve got it down now though, and may take the next challenge off.

Day 25 (!) Los Angeles. FD today. Hoping to finish the challenge well come Friday. I’ve been very mindful the whole time, so I will be proud of my efforts, regardless of what the scales say. Determination and laughter to us all.

Day 24 (again started to post and fell asleep so this is a day late), very busy NFD

Ate eggs and veggies for breakfast then went on a 2 mile uphill hike. Then to beach with picnic lunch and (processed) deli meats and for dinner high salt sushi dishes – so not surprised by water retention. We had a great day including the surprise of a sneaker wave that managed to reach the tent, blankets, purses, toys and only one phone!

Thank you, NorthernDawn, for your thoughtful words. I am happy now that I can see 5:2 wasn’t just a fluke at the beginning. I am proud but know some people I haven’t seen in a while probably still see the remaining pounds. I don’t believe my self-concept is based on what others think but I know I became very depressed from feeling powerless over circumstances and weight gain made it worse. What’s most important to me as I saw today, is because of the weight loss and restored health that I’ve already had I can toss a football with my grand sons, follow along with the babies and toddlers, help with the chores and clean-up and last 12 hours of active fun and enjoy happy times with my children’s families! I have much further to go, but that’s life. I just want to stick with 5:2 as you, and so many others have done and get closer to my goals. Again, thanks for your comments (from one grandmother to another)!

ETJ – thank you, too! As you described, I also was afraid I’d be disappointed if I set goals and didn’t’ make them. I can trust now that all the success you and others have had on this forum can be mine too and setting goals and working towards them can add an element of fun! At least I’ve set my first one week goal, baby steps! I’m cheering for you to make your birthday goal and for your new 4 legged friends!

Que – you have done it so you can do it again!!

Happy and asweet – what great physical proof of your achievements to be wearing those smaller sizes from the closet!

And also, asweet – isn’t it amazing how much more satisfying smaller portions are when you mindfully eat??!!

Here’s to a great day everyone!

I’m in. Aug 1 to when? My 50th birthday is sept 15th!

Day 25 Cornwall UK. Fast day.
    First off many thanks Fuvvie for the strapping info – I have an allergy to that pink plaster tape but I will look into an alternative!
    NorthernDawn – I have bought Epsom salts and will have foot soak this evening! Thankyou! And also for directing me to ETJ post of her journey on 5.2, I have got part through and it is SO motivating Thankyou ETJ for posting.
    I’m now going to go onto other’s profiles and see a bit more about you lovely people, who are such an inspiration .
    The problem is I could spend hours sitting and reading posts which is not good when we’re supposed to keep moving!!
    HaanahWatto – We’ve all been in your shoes, don’t beat yourself up! (Aren’t we so good at that!) – you know 5.2 works and all credit to your water fasts!!
    Today is FD, one quarter of my TDEE is now 411cals so I need to count every mouthful! It’s been very successful and though I am hungry now I’m trying to keep busy. I’m waiting for OH to get back from a kayaking fishing trip! I have a large prawn salad waiting for us, he will have new minted potato and coleslaw with his!
    We woke early and went for a 12mile bike ride and managed some HIT overtaking OH on the hills! Great fun! Then went and picked up his Mum from the care home to bring her back for lunch and dental treatment this afternoon; she’s going to be 90 in Oct so was pretty tired after that!. After taking her back about 4pm we decided to go for a 2 mile walk. So doing well on the exercise front!
    I’m not sure how much more I want to lose, but I know that my waist and tum needs to be less so that’s my aim! I know I’m much fitter and stronger than at the beginning on the 1st May!!
    We have 2 more holidays to come in August and again September but I really think that I will be able to continue 5.2, we will mainly be with family so should be ok! My daughter has announced she and her partner are getting married next year and she needs to lose her baby weight 2 st, she is starting 5.2 when she comes home on Friday!!
    Coda not sure I have put myself down for next challenge – please count me in!
    Good luck all, onwards and DOWN!!!

US SE Day 25 FD. FD going well so far. I must be a glutton for punishment as asweet0862 and I are binge watching the Great British Baking Show on You Tube. Now she says she’s making a Victoria sponge for me tomorrow…. help!!!

Australia Day 26 NFD – very successful NFD with 36 hours liquids only. Determined not to blow it by over eating during rest of today..

Day 25 Sussex. u.K.
    FD. Did ok today. Forgot to post yesterday. Was so fed up with myself for deliberately buying stuff that I knew I would eat and that it would spike my blood sugar. Grrrr. I was making lunch for friends and got meringue nests in to go with raspberries and cream. After that everything went haywire.
    Well better today so good luck everyone for tomorrow. X

Ireland day 25 fd…
    Hello all…11.30pm and still have 105 calories to spare…I remember being horrified when DebbieQ suggested I do the 5-2…500 calories??? I’ll starve I said…don’t you just hate when the older wiser sissy is right 😂😂😂very grateful she put me on this path to a lighter healthier me…don’t think I’ll ever know what I actually list for this challenge as I changed country and scales half way through but I do know this is how I will continue and I’m looking forward to the next challenge…
    Coda….thank you you rock 💐

Day 25 Minnesota, USA, NFD. Under TDEE. FD tomorrow and Thursday. Stay strong and focused for the finish, everyone. Good luck!

Hi all end of day 25 uk
    As the bonus part of the challenge is still phase 2 I am not starting a new thread. So if you are in – just continue posting as usual. If you are opting out or are away on hols that is fine too.
    It is really a sneaky way to get you continuing lol. With breaking it down into smaller chunks you will actually be doing more than phase 1 without even thinking about it.
    There are lots of very inspiring people on this group – be very proud!

Dorset Uk Day 25
    NFD

So after free reign on Friday and Saturday, the plan was a FD yesterday….nope didnt happen but under TDEE. So try again today…nope….but under TDEE!

I only have 2 days left before I do my final weigh in, and this morning my weight is up 2.5lbs from Friday morning!!! Arghh!
    These last 2 days have been well under TDEE but now I am faced with a dilemma…do I go for Tues and Wed as FDs (400 cals) or is that pushing it…hmmm.

Well I’ll stick to fluids all day to tomorrow and have light meal in the evening and then reassess what to do for my final day.

I have lots to do in preparation for my hols on Thursday, so I should be able to keep busy.

Good luck with the final few days all. Sorry but Ive not been able to catch up with the recent posts.

Kay

US Day 25- FD

Just finished my dinner of about 2 oz of turkey meat with taco sauce in some bibb lettuce leaves… for only 80 (after some salsa) it is rather filling.

Quebecoise, Anna6, and back2thefuture I’m glad I’m not the only one feeling the lasting effects of fasting, everything is more satisfying when there is less and you are savoring it.

And back2thefuture thank you it is absolutely wonderful to see and feel the physical effects of the 5:2

Day 25 – USA – FD

I held out until 4:00 on liquids only. That’s a first for me! I then had a few pita chips wth some olive tapenade. It’s 7:30 now and I’m having my vegetable soup. So a successful fast day. I ran 4 miles this morning and I’m not sure if that made me more hungry. It is getting easier though.

Rocy – I had PF for a year and it was so hard to get rid of it. I finally had a procedure done and was in a boot for quite a while. Most people don’t go that far but I was desperate to run again. Hopefully some of the traditional remedies will work for you. (Tape, ice, orthotics)

HappyMargo – training is going great! 6 miles this Saturday will be the longest run I’ve done in a while. Yay!

Let’s finish strong!!

Day 25, Québec

A good NFD for me.

Let’s go on everyone

Coldpizza, the story with your kitten made me chuckle ! So cute ! I love animals, spend to much time on Fb, watching videos of dogs and cats 🙂

Hugs x

Croatia, Day 26 NFD
    Weight: 80 Kg

California, USA. Day 25. FD today. Did well today. I hope the scale turns around and heads downwards as I am up 2 pounds. NFD planned for tomorrow.

Australia – Day 26 – 3 days to go of challenge.

Another fasting day today. Doing back to back as tomorrow we are going to Canberra and I want to be able to eat while over there 🙂 Feeling pretty hungry atm. I figure if I am too hungry I’ll just have a small dinner. Not long to go of challenge now!

Australia, day 26, NFD

New phases? will go back and read Coda’s posts – don’t think I’ll be able to read all the posts I missed.

Just realised last night that I don”t see anyone mentioning Konjac noodles on this thread. If you haven’t discovered them, they are made from the konjac, a root vegetable in Japan. They have no – yep no! calories. Last night on my FD I discovered some lurking at the back of my pantry cupboard about to go out of date and had them in miso soup – 24 calories for a satchet, with a nori sheet cutup – 9cals, so a bowl of soup with noodles totalling 33calories. on their own konjac noodles have no flavour, and they pick up the flavour of whatever your cooking them in. The smell when you open the packet is a bit strange, but you just rinse them under cold water for a minute or 2 before putting into whatever food e.g. asian or pasta type dish. They have several names, and I had them in an Asian restaurant in Melbourne as well. Google them, and you’ll see they come in various versions.

Onwards and Downwards,
    Merry

Day 25: Pacific NW USA (traveling), NFD

Somehow, here I am again, at the very tail end of the day hoping to actually submit this time instead of falling asleep with my iPad on my face!

Didn’t count the calories today but ate very strategically – no high carbs but did enjoy my BPC! Which makes me want to question Dr. Fung via Ciren2 about the (insulin resting) fast he espouses. Ciren, you said you had just finished his book, sorry, I’ve been meaning to get his book or download it, but I wonder what he says happens on a FD if you have some miso soup or bone broth or a Bullet Proof Coffee (adding butter and coconut oil) or heaven forbid, some cream in your coffee? I usually don’t when I try a liquid FD but I’m wondering if it will go as well when I head back to work in a few weeks. I really am interested in what you said about his fasting method managing the onset of D type 2. Thanks! Tomorrow is a FD and I won’t drink anything other than black coffee, tea and water unless I hear otherwise from you (Ha)!

ETJ – lunging, new verb for me but you made me look it up! Sounds interesting and very you!

Hannah – boy, I know what you were talking about on NFD’s, if I decide to not eat, I don’t eat. But put me in a social group on a NFD and my hand keeps coming to my mouth with food in it. I need more than a bracelet, I need something that will smack the food against my forehead!

Slimn & JFitzy – don’t forget that maintaining, not gaining, is an achievement too!

K-lo – so how many things do I have to be jealous of? The closest I’lve gotten to Hamilton is Cordon’s Carpool Karaoke and YouTube! I hope the movie comes out and is good.

Merry – thanks for the reminder from the first phase ideas!

“Fast today for tomorrow we don’t-exactly-feast-but-at-least-have-a-bit-more-than-BMR!”

Italy Day 25 – NFD

Still got problems with the munchies but in one way or another managed to stay within or maybe just over my TDEE. But not feeling as strong and motivated as last week.

Northern Spain day 26
    Nearly there!,
    NFD today.
    Anna6,I haven’t done El Camino as yet due to time, but it’s on my list. Lots of people do it when they retire, its like a ritual.I’ve retired so I must walk El Camino.
    Have a great day everyone and congratulations on your achievements.
    Cheers

Viewing 50 posts - 1,451 through 1,500 (of 2,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply.