4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

This topic contains 2,656 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,501 through 1,550 (of 2,659 total)

• UK day 26 feel very pleased to have completed a good FD yesterday – feel I’m back in the groove .
    Anna6 I ‘m slightly envious , I was in Sicily last month and I’m already looking at which other parts of the island to visit next year .

Merryme I do remember reading about the Konjac noodles but couldn’t see any in my local shops might have another look

Day26 Cornwall Uk.
    NFD and out to lunch with friends I am the driver so no wine! I do need to be more mindful on NFDs!
    Merryme thankyou for konjac /shirataki noodles we can get them in sainsburys/ holland and barrett definitely on my shopping list!
    lisahawk Thanks , I’ve had PF for nearly 2yrs! It got much better over last winter but started again a couple of weeks ago. I have insoles from podiatrist, ditched all old shoes, do my stretches etc. Now doing the Epsom salts soak and looking into strapping!! I really don’t want any ‘proceedures’I’ve had enough of those!! Feet have been xrayed but have yet to get results. All very annoyingly painful and more important curbs my walks!!

Stay strong for these last few days of this challenge!

Gozo, Malta

Didn’t walk to village square for 20 mins today, going to mass this evening. I’m babysitting my grandson and he’s asleep at the moment. I prepared lunch and it only needs to go into the oven for 20 mins. Today I’m having lunch again with my old friend from Melbourne. Her mother is getting worse as she’s not eating well now.

It’s a nfd today for me and I’m enjoying it. I mean to stay under my TDEE.

ETJ I don’t know how you could do back to back fast days, it must be tough.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Surrey UK Day 26

I have just started reading The Obesity Code. What is showing itself is just how gullible we all are around food, nutrition, any new ideas, any suggestions made by others about what we should or shouldn’t eat, etc. How does one find a simple way through this quagmire of so-called information and ideas floating around? What it does seem to show is the power of the media…how something is reported on or spoken about by the ‘experts’. Right now, for myself, I feel the need to be separated from an overload of information, and to see and feel what is ACTUALLY happening to this body of mine. There is an old saying from way back with regard to food: ‘EAT WHAT YOU ENJOY, PROVIDING IT IS FRESH AND IN SEASON’. That is quite a statement once you examine it a little more closely.
    What I do know is that fasting is having a positive impact on health. I am not fasting so that I can eat more on the other days, I think I will be kidding myself if that is the case. It is giving the body a rest from this relentless pumping in of food all the time. It is like filling the mind with a constant cacophony of sound, and we all know the peace and beauty of true silence. So I am going to listen to what my body requires, and follow that for a bit and see what happens. For instance, yesterday was a fast day, from dinner on day 24 to this morning of day 26, and I am not hungry yet. When hunger comes, I will eat.
    I have also been reading some of the other threads on the forum, and I think this one, started by Coda, is gentler and more reasonable and has more care and understanding shown by the various members.

Hear, Hear NorrieB! And Backtothefuture – you do make me laugh. MerryMe – Thank you for reminding me about the noodles. Go strong all! 🙂

UK 26 – NFD but plenty of fresh air and exercise around the campsite and concentrating on good, healthy bbq food ie high protein/low carb. Hopefully can manage a week without gain even if I don’T lose!

Day 26… UK…Yorkshire

Back off our trip away.

NFD

Dorset UK Day 26
    FD

First of 2 back to back fast days.

Weight back down and just half pound down from Fri, so with 2 committed days, I should see a loss on Thursday….just to keep busy busy….

Day 26, India, NFD

Trying to go LCHF today.. feeling good.. fat does fill u up.. waiting for next drop in weight.. itching to get below 150 pounds now!

Getting close to my holiday now! Cannot wait for 5pm on Thursday 🙂

Swimming this morning and FD for me today and possibly tomorrow – I will see how I feel.

Finding I have a smaller appetite at the moment but I am not sure if it will be the same come the darker weather!!

Hope you are all having a good day.

Gozo, Malta

My prayers for does who died in France during mass this morning. A priest and another person are dead and another one injured before the two man were shot dead by police. May they rest in peace

Day 26 NFD Wisconsin
    First FD yesterday in a week, I thought it would be difficult but my body seems to be ok with it…..almost like it needs a break….I try not to take any bites until late afternoon since as soon as I start chewing I also get hungry. I drink, coffee, tea, water, bone broth, unsweetened fruit Popsicles, etc …..ended the day with some Brussels sprouts and smoked salmon on a bed if greens. 460 calories yesterday. Will try not to sabotage the accomplishment today..

Day 26 USA (Illinois)

NFD that will be a challenge. Going to Chicago for a day of sight seeing and touristy things with daughter and 2 granddaughters. I feared I would have to make it a FD but will do that Thursday this week. Generally I don’t wait that long for my 2nd FD of a week (did one Saturday) but I don’t want to try to fast today. I will just have to eat smart!

Day 26-NH, USA

Good fasting day yesterday…got 10,000 steps in without going to the gym and stayed under 500 calories.

NFD today and I think I’m going to try fasting every other day this week and see if I can actually do it! LOL I would LOVE to finish this challenge weighing under 140.

Lets go get it!

The Netherlands – Day 26 (non-fast day)

Checking in.

Hi UK NFD day 26

NorrieB – I agree with you regarding some other threads. I generally only concentrate on this thread and don’t venture onto other threads but something drew my attention a few weeks back unto another thread and I came scurrying back here to relative safety. I was amazed at what I can only describe as bitchiness. Here I have found this group to be supportive, funny, sad and we have a camaraderie and friendship developed from our want to be in a better place from when we started this journey. We all have given support when needed and greatly received it when we in turn needed a help up, with that being either a hug or a kick up the behind. My journey started on the little voices thread (about a year ago) where I received support and I grew in confidence among my virtual friends and am so glad of the thread I found as it has meant sticking with this plan. The group of friends that I met there and the group that has joined me on my challenges (and stuck with it) is the reason I am still here – maybe not the weight I thought I would be lol but in a much better place than when I started. For that I am grateful – so thank you.

US, Day 26, NFD in NYC. I fasted well until dinner with niece, as planned. I did not intend to stay at 500, nor did I. I will stay under TDEE today. I will not make my goal of 118 for this challenge, but I am happy with my eating and my wardrobe.

Finally seeing Book of Mormon tonight. Hello!

K-LO….Hubby and I saw Book of Mormon in Boston last year and we, literally, fell out of our seats laughing!! Enjoy!!

THeo, I don’t know why it took me this long. I knocked myself out for Hamilton.

Hi

As you all know – you do know don’t you? – phase 2 challenge ends this Friday 29 July albeit with a bonus part added in just to keep you on your toes lol. For those who are lucky enough to have reached their target weight or have decided just to maintain where you are for a while Third Time Lucky (TTL) is getting a little lonely on her thread if you fancy joining her. I have asked her to drop by towards the end of the week to provide a link if you need it.

Sunshine Coast Ld Aus: Day 26: just squeezing in at 20 to midnight. The day has got away from me taking MIL to physio, then on to Myer to buy a new microwave and a birthday present for my sister. She lives in Mt Eliza so I hope it arrives in the mail tomorrow. Sent it express post. Tn doctors appointment for MIL this afternoon before picking the grandsons up and taking them to dancing. Sat back after I got MIL into bed and listened to the finish of an audible book. I’ve read some of my favourite threads and together with this one, I feel enriched. 106.9kgs again this morning. Hope to get down further than that by Saturday morning after last FD on Friday. Big day tomorrow. It will be hard saying no to the morning tea which is always sumptuous on grandparents day. Happy fasting everyone.

Austin in Ohio – Day 26

Had a great fasting day yesterday! Made my protein shake and then put off drinking it until I was HANGRY.

Then I went on a cave hike down 100 feet below ground…if y’all knew me you would know that I only did this so my kids would not know what a chicken I am. Then I had a salad with grilled veggies for dinner and I was good. Isn’t it an awesome feeling at some point in the evening when you know you’ve got this fast!

So I have actually got my 10,000 steps in now for 8 days straight! It’s a record!

And then, as an end of the day treat, i got kids in bed and had enough energy to watch Eva Longoria, Cory Booker and Michelle Obama give inspiring speeches. Stellar day over all.

And then the scales this morning. Someone in Jojo’s group said getting on the scales was the best way to reign yourself in so I did it and sheesh were they right! I’ve gained a solid 3 pounds since leaving Texas 11 days ago… And it went over a number I hadn’t seen in a while. 😥 So I will be very focused from now till Saturday eating healthy and getting in another fast.

I am determined to get home the same weight I came! I held my weight through hosting two birthday parties, a holiday, mourning the loss of Jeannie, two days of packing and three days of driving. Holding my weight through all this and a vacation back home was my goal for this challenge and I am hell bent to realize it!

Day 26 Los Angeles, NFD. Good FD yesterday. Hoping we are all successful today. 3 more days!

Ontario
    Day 26
    Good fast day yesterday
    Lots of fresh vegetables for dinner
    Doing 16:8 today and starting first meal with mock potato ‘cauliflower’ salad
    Had my 3 km walk this morning and meeting a friend for another walk after work
    Not as humid overnight

Hi Slimnhealthy – despite what I said above I had another little lurk on another thread and read something that resounded with me and may help get things into perspective.

Do we intend to focus on the little gain or the weight loss we have achieved? Weight loss and life in general is not a straight line. So what if you have a little blip – that is all it is – we don’t like it so we resolve to get back to where we were and carry on. This will lead to our ultimate success. Just keep on keeping on!

Day 26, Gloucestershire (Cotswolds) UK: Non-fast day. Great success yesterday, stuck it out until breakfast time this morning well over my 36-hour fasting target. More like 40. Today, ate as normal (meaning rather too much in the way of sugary carbohydrate things)…..but hey, tomorrow’s another fast day. I MAY have lost a pound too…my scales are rather unreliable, depends how I stand on them!!!
    Theo527, SlimnHealthy….how much is 10,000 steps in miles, roughly? I do a brisk walk of one hour most evenings, I reckon that would be 3 miles or a bit more.
    Walking is good for me as many of my old joints don’t allow the planks etc that some of you people manage.

Day 26 – USA – NFD

I have eaten too many snacks today, but I will not go over my TDEE. Going to do the weekly beach run tonight. Our local running club holds them every Tuesday over the summer. So much better than running alone! Another FD tomorrow. Then we will be done with this phase! Time really flew.

I’ll be glad to continue to the next phase with you amazing people!

FD went well yesterday. NFD today. So far, so good. Not sleeping well lately. Hunger and fatigue are a bad combo. 😉

Australia, day 27, NFD

Sunshine Coast Aus Day 27: hello all, and well done Ciren2, LS, Mickey, Slim. The list goes on😄👍 It was an NFD for me yesterday and the scales read the lowest yet at 106.5kgs. This is unusual in an NFD. So it is promising for tomorrow as it is an FD todsy. Here’s hoping the hunger dragon doesn’t rest it’s ugly head. Very poor night’s sleep last night. Have to stop playing games on iPad. Leads to poor sleep hygiene.

Australia Day 27 FD – had a good NFD yesterday staying within my TDEE and having my first proper walks in more than two weeks. My knee was a bit tender afterwards but I was so sick of not exercising. Having my FD early today as I have a dinner tomorrow night. It won’t be easy as only 1 day since my last FD and we are going to a concert tonight but am determined to do it!

Day 26 Sussex, U.K
    NFD for me. X

hello to all 27 challenge

Near the end …. it is not being much loss, but always down, it’s important!

Today I decided to post my picture of my progress in two years of effort!

http://g15.picoodle.com/ltd/img15/4/7/26/anaide/f_gfi4_975_ueon4.jpg

US SE Day 26 NFD. Wow Anaide.. what an incredible transformation. Well done!!!

Day 26, Québec
    NFD and well under my TDEE.

Anaide, thank you for the picture. I can’t congratulate you enough ! Os meus parabéns

Hugs to all x

Awesome Anaide! Your transformation is amazing.. you are an inspiration! How much have you lost in 2 years? All on 5:2?

Anaide,

WAY TO GO, AWESOME!!!

Anaide that is truly impressive! Well done!

Day 26 Minnesota, USA FD today, stayed under 400 cal., 3km walk with HIIT this morning. NFD tomorrow.
    Love the posts; positive or negative there is something to learn.
    Thanks for inviting us and bringing us along with you on your challenges, Coda. You’ve really helped a lot of people with this thread, and you should be proud of that! Congrats to ANAIDE and everyone on your successes. To bed early for me tonight (it’s just after 9 pm). Good luck everyone and have a good day tomorrow.

US Day 26- NFD

Congrats Anaide, what a wonderful achievement!

Croatia, Day 27, FD
    Weight: 79.8 Kg

Day 26: Pacific NW USA (traveling), liquid only FD

At 26 hours now. Trying to go for 36-40 hours same as last week’s fast which brought good results so I can get closer to my first goal. Truth on Sat after my last fast of this challenge on Fri.

NorrieB – well stated, you confirmed what I feel about our group on this forum being the most positive influence of any!

Slimn – remember the scale is fickle but you are not, you can beat it!!!

Coda – thanks for the inspiring motto!

Anaide – simply fantastic! 2 years, wow!!

Northern Spain day 27
    FD today
    Went out for dinner last night and I’m still extremely full.
    Even though I picked healthy choices I feel as if I could never eat again, at least until breakfast!! It must be this diet, or dementia…..

Anaide, you look fantastic, you should be our poster girl.
    Your weight loss is inspirational.
    Coda, you should be our President!! Your coaching and leadership is always uplifting which is what we all need to keep going.

Cheers

Italy Day 26 – FD
    Weight: 77.4kg

Again found myself nibbling, but changed my planned dinner and had a load of veg instead of lovely piece of chicken i had been planning, so think i was ok in the end. Need to get back in control but i keep plodding on.

Day 27… UK Nottingham

2nd NFD, scales stayed the same this morning. Another FD tomorrow so hoping for a bit of a loss before Friday’s weigh in.

Hospital appointment today (for my beast cancer), hoping this one will be the last for a while.

Happy days everyone x

UK day 27 2nd FD of the week for me , Wow Anaide – way to go ! I’m inspired.

Coda- I had no idea there were so many other forums ,I’m sure there’s some great stuff , some are a tad militant so well done to you for setting up a good, positive ,helpful one

Onwards x

Day 27.. UK..Yorkshire

NFD..a light day food wise

That’s a lovely photo Anaide and you must be so proud. Brilliant. What determination and commitment. It shows how much one can achieve.

The Netherlands – Day 27 (non-fast day)

Anaide, what an achievement! You’re looking great!

My weight this morning: 65.1 kgs (143.5 lbs)

My weight at the beginning of the challenge: 67.2 kgs (148 lbs)

Surrey UK Day 27
    Wow ANAIDE! How inspiring is that picture of you! You must feel so much healthier, and it just shows what is possible. It’s staying in touch with people like you that will help us when we waver.
    Whatever next we tackle, count me in!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,501 through 1,550 (of 2,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply.