4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

This topic contains 2,656 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,351 through 1,400 (of 2,659 total)

• Day 22 – USA – NFD

I am impressed with everyone that does water only fasts. It seems so impossible to me. I want to try to eat only one meal in the evening. So far, I’ve always had a small lunch. It’s tough at work because I work 4 ten hour days a week. I used to eat snacks to break up the day; at 10, 12,and 3. Now I try to only have lunch. I guess I need to take non-food breaks. It’s really too hot to go for a walk. I’ll have to figure something out. Maybe I could bring a book or something.

Looking forward to a non-fast weekend! Have a great one everyone!

UK Day 22 FD yesterday went really well – so glad to get back to it after being away at my Mum’s.
    Lisa – I’ve found just one meal a day works well for me…but only if I’m really busy with people all day! Then I survive on black coffee and sometimes a miso soup. I found that once I started eating I couldn’t stop. So I pretty much save my calories t have a fairly normal feeling meal with the family. I’m still working on distraction techniques for the evening, though!

Ireland day 22 nfd…all good today amazing how much you can eat for 1200 calories….don’t know if I’m up or down as my scale weighs way heavier than my sisters where I started my journey….not deterred though really happy with my new way of life…hope all going well for everyone elseπŸ’–

Thanks for the good wishes Coda…posted before I read the feed…

Gozo, Malta

My prayers and thoughts are with those who died and their relatives in an attack in Munich, Germany. May they rest in peace. It seems you can’t go abroad where people are gathered without there being blood shed. So sad and senseless!

Fast day went well for me. My husband had to have some plums for dessert. He had a virus two days ago and didn’t eat much so today he fasted with me but ate some juicy small local plums. Tomorrow is a nfd and I’m looking forward to go out for lunch with an old friend who came from Melbourne.

The coffee machine from NescafΓ© Dolce Gusto arrived today and I made an espresso and drunk with sweeteners. Tomorrow I’m looking forward to a coffee mocha (120 calories) or cappuccino lite (50 calories) together with my husband.

Good night everyone, take care.

day 22… UK Nottingham.

I need to get a grip, I’ve been ill for 3 days this week and cannot get my focus back 😫

Australia Day 23 NFD have a good weekend all and Jayney – sending you tons of support! You can do it!

Day 22 Sussex, U.K.
    NFD . Need to re focus. Feel I am just managing to maintain my loss from a month ago. Will try to remember that I am still here and be patient until my get up and go returns. I know it will. It seems a cycle happens every three weeks. So will try and hold on. This week I stayed the same.
    Well done to everyone. X

Patti67 I feel the same I know it is a pattern and know it’s my pattern but it is so frustrating.

Confession time – I did so well tonight till about 8.30pm having had a light meal earlier and then my oh said he had been given a box of chocolates as a thank you. Why oh why did I cave in when yesterday someone produced a chocolate tray bake and I declined without any regret? πŸ™ i can feel everyone of them!
    Going out for dinner tomorrow so need to make good choices. So annoyed with myself – after the fact off course!!

Coolcat you lost weight on your sisters scales now you just need to start keeping a record on your own. You will start to see a downward trend on your own albeit a bit annoying if they record a bit higher than what you were used to but you will soon get used to your own.

Sometimes I feel we are two hard on ourselves. We beat ourselves up and feel bad about ourselves. Does that get us where we want to be – will that help us any? We should just relax a bit and remember, tomorow is another day! It is the trying everyday that will get us somewhere and not giving up. We are not perfect and slips ups are, just human. So keep trying everyone.

What is happening in this world we live in – I wish you all a safe weekend wherever you are x

CORNWALL UK 2nd post.
    Just caught up on a few days posts, it seems that a few of us are not having the loses we would like. Jayne get well and stay strong, you can do it!
    Pattie67 I so know how you are feeling! I have just got my focus back, after 3 hard weeks!
    My thoughts are with tbose who have lost loved ones; and those going through tough times.

Really pleased today as I haven’t gone over tdee had a 10 mile bike ride and have got back to doing daily strength exercises – back on the horse!!! I really enjoyed my salad lunch and supper picked fresh from the garden! Yum!
    I am going to try a fast day tomorrow, I do admire those who do 36hr water fasts but not sure I could do it! I have my miso at lunch and a few pieces of red pepper/ cucumber, then my salad with chicken or prawns, keeping under 400 cals. I find if I have breakfast that is me hungry all day long, so I generally don’t since starting 5.2.
    I would just like to finish this second challenge even a lb lighter then at the start!
    Good luck to you all!

Day 22: Pacific NW USA (traveling), liquid FD

Over ate at dinner yesterday on a FD so flexible 5:2 giving me another chance today. Gotta love that bone broth. I agree Rocy65 – if I don’t eat breakfast I can have a better fast day, also. Today I am inspired by those doing 36 hour liquid fasts. I did get a little psyched out reading the myfitnesspal dietician article warning against too few cals. I’m still a little confused about when a fast results in the body burning muscle protein as well as stored fat. Oh well, I know 5:2 is for weight loss and exercise is for health so I hope my HIT walk today and shooting hoops with kids helps balance all that.

Another myfitnesspal article did have some good words for when anyone experiences plateaus or slower progress. The first good words are about the average person constantly gaining weight so even if you go up and down or plateau you are better off than most people. The second good words are congratulations, you are not a beginner any more. It’s easier to drop weight in the beginning and when you are past that it’s normal to go slower or pause at times. Here’s the article http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-upside-of-a-weight-loss-plateau/

Que – I’m also extra challenged with vacation food events – example: my FD yesterday and the yummiest restaurant food when I should have had the strength to eat half portions! I will repeat your words “focus, focus” when we start a 3 day celebration for my daughter’s birthday tomorrow.

Jayney – hope you feel better soon!

Patti6 – hold tight to your get-up till it gets you going again. It will and you will!

Coda – I finally understand how Phase 2 bonus wil work. Thanks for explaining again. While I was putting dates in my calendar I noticed some amazing synchronicity and sign posts for me! Phase 2 ends at my 3 month 5:2 anniversary. The count down to the bonus round ends at a date I will attend a wedding where I will see a cast of characters I haven’t seen since skinny days (glad for the pounds I will have shed by then). Then the bonus for phase 2 ends iexactly when I return to work after this vacation. Then thanks to DebbieQ and JFitzy my 5:2 odyssey will be rounded out the end of October with my 6 month 5:2 anniversary. It won’t end there but I’m now feeling stronger and much more capable of setting some goals for each of these sign posts as I have no doubt 5:2 is working for me and is helping me re-balance my health! Thanks for everyone on our world-wise forum for keeping me motivated to get to this point!!!

Weigh and measure results of my first full vacation week tomorrow!

Sunshine Coast Aus Day 23: Beautiful day outside. Went completely haywire last night on an FD which is unusual for me. Had butter chicken, rice, red wine, nuts. So 36 hour fast for me and I intend to stick to it. Now when have I said that before? Was it only yesterday?πŸ™„πŸ˜³ I was speaking to my son before. He said he is back onto 5:2 but started with a 4 day fast. He lost 4.5kgs and is feeling really good about himself. I’m thrilled for him. May he keep it up. Just coffee and minted green tea so far today. It is 11:10am and life feels good. Better get on with some cleaning.

Australia – Day 23 – 7 days till end of this challenge?

Fuvvie – You can tell your in a different part of Oz. It is freezing today with bad winds and raining here, lol. It’s nice that your kids are getting on board with it. That’s what happened with my Mum. She started it on advice from her Dr, then my older brother got on it, he lost a lot of weight, but has put most of it back on. My other brother does one day a week just for health benefits and I tried it back then, went off it for a couple of years and now am back on it!

Back2thefuture – I listened to some of the intermittent fasting Dr’s on Youtube and I think they said that your body will only burn a certain amount of muscle and no more. It only starts eating a lot of muscle when you get down under 5% body fat and that is because it will try and keep you alive at all costs. That’s what I took from it anyway πŸ™‚

Rocy65 – Well done on such a long bike ride!

A fasting day today.

US Day 22- FD

This was a harder fast day than most, but I think that was because I waited until too late in the day to eat my main meal. It still amazes me how on fast days egg on toast and a nice cup tea can seem like the best meal you have ever had! I hope everyone had a wonderful Friday!!

US SE Day 22 FD. Third fast day finished for this week. Trying to make up for all the bad choices last weekend. Hoping the scale will show even a half lb drop tomorrow morning. But that’s okay… I enjoyed the weekend and if it means not losing this week so be it. I have been doing 5:2 since April 6th now and I have to say that I have never stuck to something as much as I have this. It’s very true that when you feel that you can’t make it through a FD.. you only have to think that tomorrow you can have what you want and it just makes it so much easier. Having said that, I’m off to bed now before I eat my hand 😊

Day 22 Minnesota, USA NFD Doing ok.

Day 22 USA(Illinois)

NFD today but did a 16:8 and hopefully not over TDEE. I had more carbs than I usually do, but rest of the food seemed okay.

Just picked up daughter and 2 granddaughters who will be here the rest of the month. It is daughter’s 20 year HS reunion tomorrow, so I get to be Grandma and have fun with the girls. We have a backyard pool, and they are excited to play in it. We have some other excursions planned like to Chicago for the American Girl Doll store. Girls are 11 and 8 and love just about anything having to do with them.

Hopefully food won’t be a problem for me with company here!

Croatia, Day 23, NFD
    Weight: 79.2 Kg

Italy Day 22 – FD

May have messed things up towards the end of the day. Just couldn’t resist an ice cold beer in the garden having a chat with my OH.

Northern Spain day 22.
    NFD today and must try to be good!
    Have a great day wherever you are.

Thinking about those poor victims in Munich and I think that my problems are miniscule in comparison.

Cheers

Scotland Day 23 NFD finally seen a pound off this week. I would have seen it yesterday had I not pigged out the day before! Down to 9 stone but I have to be vigilant if I’m to get down to 8st 12 Ibs which is my goal on the 31st. Trying extra hard this week. Thoughts with the people of Munich. The world is becoming a dark place no matter where we live. Stay safe everyone.

Surrey UK Day 23……Just checking in, start of a new week for me. I have been watching the steady downward progress of neostaford…well done! it must be so nice to see the scale show downwards

Day 23.. UK…. Yorkshire

NFD

The Netherlands – Day 23 (non-fast day)

My weight this morning: 66.0 kg (145 lbs). Very happy about the weight loss!!

Hey Nstaford, your numbers are looking great.
    ETJ: we have had the hottest day on record for this time of year. Supposed to be winter and was just like a hot day in summer. My daughter is in T-shirt and shorts and is sunburnt. She was helping her husband put cladding on their walls of their new home they are building.

Fuvvie – Crazy. It is about 4* atm but with windchill it would have to be around 0*. It has been raining on and off all day. It’s so strange thinking you are up there sweating! lol. I am in flanno pj’s, dressing gown, blanket with the fire place roaring, haha.

DebbieQ – I have had plenty of days like that, lol. You have to be proud of yourself though. You haven’t caved in. Good job! Enjoy your eating tomorrow, I know I will πŸ™‚

neostaford – Wowzers. I just checked your past posts. You have lost 5.1kg in 23 days! Good job. What plan are you following?

UK Day 23 nfd

Well done Neostaford for getting down in to 70’s

Oops double post today. Got engrossed in work yesterday and completely forgot to log in. Another pounder gone do pleased with that. Went to Pilates and gym yesterday. Off swimming now and BBQ at home with friends this evening. Hope everyone is having a good weekend 😎

Northern Spain here again.
    I meant to say day 23 not day 22.
    Sorry for the confusion

UK day 23 – sorry Coda so keen to get my bad news out of the way yesterday it obviously confused my brain. NFD today ,can’t deny I’m struggling a bit but I think I just have to ride it out ,it’s life there will be ups and downs .

Austin in Ohio – Day 23

Not sure what day it is? But yesterday was off the hook…icecream, and im allergic to dairy. Today is packing and driving. Hoping to keep it lower key.

Australia, days 21 was FD, 22. Was NFD, today 23 – NFD,
    Now home again, will be back to normal tomorrow.

Onwards and Downwards,
    Merry

Day 23 Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, UK: Non-fast day. Started with porridge for breakfast, hoping to keep eating in a sensible way today.
    Coldpizza…thanks for the support, I DID it! Yesterday, my first 36 hour water-only fast…It will help to make up for my slacking over the last couple of weeks or so. I feel so proud of myself. No weight loss though….which would have been the icing on the cake. Maybe, to look at it another way, it did save me from a weight GAIN. I am still as low as I’ve been for about 25 years.

Day 23… UK Nottingham

Thank you all for messages, I’m feeling more myself and motivated today, I’ve looked on the scales for the first time in several days and although slightly disappointed I am exactly the same weight as this time last week that means so far during this challenge I have lost st 5.6lbs, hopefully reach the target I set myself of 7lbs by the end of the challenge.

Hope your all ha on a good day, the sun is out here for a change 🌞🌞

Day 23 USA (Illinois)

Quick check in as the day is shaping up to be a busy one.

FD today – just won’t eat when I am feeding daughter and granddaughters!

Gozo, Malta

Nfd for me. Did not go walking to village square today as I slept late then I had my grandson to take care of. Had lunch with my old school friend and her daughter. My friend’s mother is dying from lung cancer and she’s in hospital. When we were teenagers she always made me feel welcome at her house and I remember also when I used to sleep over there.

I had only one glass of wine and a seafood risotto. I hope to stay below my TDEE today. In the evening I’m going for a walk with my daughter and two granddaughters for about forty minutes or so.

Tomorrow will be going out for lunch at a Chinese restaurant were my son wishes to go. He always chooses Chinese restaurants when my husband, my son and I are going out for lunch on Sunday’s. Chinese food has a lot of calories but I’ll try to eat sensibly.

Good luck with your fasting and nfd everyone. Do take care.

US, Day 23…nfd… Not a good fast day yesterday. Oh well. Just walked a mile in 92 degree NYC to get a haircut. That ought to be three pounds off right there. Grilled swirdfush, blistered Shishito peppers and salad for dinner

Day 23 Los Angeles. NFD. Will be puttering around the house today and have a sore knee, but will try to do some planks etc. congratulations to everyone posting with successes large and small, and patient determination to everyone else. Be safe and take care.

Thank you all!!

Plan: your lifestyle is your diet.
    NFD: Wake up, walking a dog for an hour
    Eating: 5 dry dates and banana,going to work
    drinking espresso, water and sometimes one jagermeister per week
    Lunch: apple and whatever my wife make,
    i have two small kids, so i eat what they eat, most of the times fried chicken(200g) and mashed potateos(500g)
    Dinner: it is calories in vs calories out, i check the numbers, sometimes pancakes, cottege cheese, chocolate, cookies.

Fd: morning nothing, lunch whatever my wife make – up to 600 calories

Listen bodybuilding diet, counting macros with leangains or 5:2 or eat stop eat will lead you to success. I can’t do it, american staford, two small kids, wife working every afternoon and me babysitting every afternoon.

If you wanna lose weight do it on my way. If you wanna lose weight and fat, better counting macros or at least protein intake and start exercise.

Sorry for my english.

Day 23, India, NFD

Good day today.. down to 69.1 kgs (152 lbs)!! Stayed under my TDEE today at 1400 cals. Walked for 1.5 hours in the evening.. so a pretty satisfactory day!

Very motivating to read all the updates! Congratulations to everyone losing!

Day 23 Minnesota, USA A dark and very stormy, hot and humid morning. More storms for this afternoon expected. May not get out for my walk but will do my body weight exercises.

Enjoying the last couple of days of vacation with OH, so no FD today, but will stay low carb and low cal. I’ve lost the 4+ lbs I gained while entertaining grandkids, so I am satisfied with my progress to date.
    Good luck everyone.

Day 23 Cornwall UK. A good fast day so far with fish and veg planned for later. OH suggested a walk or bike ride before the rain arrived, I have a very painful heel so walking is out! So another 10 miles with HIT up the hills. I do believe I’m getting fitter! The rain didn’t arrive til late afternoon so a spot of gardening.
    I got the Fast Exercise book out of the library and although I’m fine with the strength exercises; can anyone doing static exercise bike HIT suggest how I should start a regime. I’m 68 and 150lbs, I think I’m fairly fit but dont want to overdo things!
    Ciren2 well done on 36hr fast!!
    Jayneyb pleased to hear you are back on it, you’ve done well so 5.2 is working for you. I’ve not lost any weight during this 2nd challenge – life gets in the way. But we can/will reach our targets, stay strong and keep posting!
    Micky42 – don’t overdo it,hope your knee improves soon.
    Getting hungry now so a glass of sparkling water.
    Good luck all.

Rocy65

Concerning the HIT on a static bike. i saw an excellent video on You tube. Too bad, I can’t find it back. I do it when I am at my place and, believe me, my t-shirt becomes all wet in no time. BTY! I am 63.

Simply put, this is how it goes :
    1- pedal a few minutes as a warm up
    2- pedal to about 50% of what you can give in strenght for 2 minutes
    3- pedal like crazy to about 90% of what you can give in strenght for 30 seconds
    4- come back to 50% for 2 minutes or UNTILL you are rested enough to do another HITfor 30 seconds

Do steps 2-4 a number of times. The entire 2-4 repetitions shoud never last more than 15-20 minutes.

Important, do not surestimate your 50% but do not just pedal leisurly.

Have a nice day !

Quebecoise – thankyou!! I’ll start on Monday, is it ok to do HIT on fast days?

Rocy65

Here is the link ( hoping it works )

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tS0eaKk2F7c&autoplay=1

I’m not a specialist but I read that some people do HIT on FD and others don’t. I guess it all depends on how you feel.

And please remember that this HIT thing is based on YOUR capacity. Do not try to do like the guy in the video πŸ™‚

Day 23 Sussex, U.K.
    NFD.
    Thanks for all the kind words. Have noticed that although the pounds off are not showing on the scale, I do seem to be more energetic. On the go all day today from 7.30 until 8.30 tonight. I take that as a big plus.
    Good luck to everyone for tomorrow. One day at a time. X

Sunshine Coast Aus Day 24: Thank heavens for FDs. 106.9kgs this morning. Didn’t think I was going to crack the 107 this week, but a little bit of desperation goes a long wayπŸ˜…

Day 23: Pacific NW USA (traveling), NFD

Successful liquid FD yesterday extended to a total 40 hours this morning because of a late breakfast out at a restaurant. Felt a little light headed as I was weighing – but good news, 2 lbs down, waist down half inch, hips down 1 inch, and bust down half inch. The weight was with my wonderful little mini travel scale and while it is calibrated 1 pound lighter than my home scale I can now track any loss (hopefully) off of it.

I can reveal to you all (no one else in the whole world knows this fact, except maybe OH has an idea from going to doctor visits with me) that my goal over this next and last week of this challenge is to go below 200 pounds. Yes, I was very much over board when Coda’s original 5:2 challenge began but I have hope because right now I’m lower in weight than I was in Sept 2014 during the time of multiple surgeries. My 5’9″ frame and previous weight training and marathon running had fooled me into thinking it would all fall off as soon as I was healthy – it just kept adding on and on until the almost miracle of 5:2 this April!

Fuvvie – sorry you went haywire a while back but what is butter chicken? Sounds delicious! Congrats on your FD and weigh-in today! Your son lost almost 10 lbs in a 4 day fast, Wowser!

ETJ – thanks for update on muscle loss, that reassures me (until I get down to 5 % body fat, Ha).

BrightonBelle – we’re rooting for you!

Anna6 – maybe just try to limit the rice at the restaurant.

K-lo – love the swirdfush you had (Ha)!

Neostaford – your English is great, no worry! I’ve read your links and they have great info, thanks and congrats!

Que – your bike HIT explanation was exactly what the fastexercise app instructs. In addition I try to time how long at takes my heart rate to reduce by 20 beats after the highest heart rate on the high intensity burst. My goal is to reduce by 20 beats in one minute.

back2, darn rented fingers!! And they didn’t have swordfish (sp?) so we have salmon!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,351 through 1,400 (of 2,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply.