4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
4 week challenge Phase 2 begins Friday 1st July

This topic contains 2,656 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 2,659 total)

• USA, Texas, Day 21.
    Yesterday ate healthy food, but too much and too late. Scale add up 0.4 lb to my morning weight. Such a disappointment. Fasting today.

ETJ,
    I am enjoying your farm stories! I am a city girl, and the closest to the farm I was when I took horseback riding lesson (which I could afford only after 45 ). But I really enjoy cleaning the horses and riding them every Saturday for about 4 months (it was 5 years ago).
    Sometimes a city girl could get very muddy. Some days ago we have a heavy rain, and since I live in a new area with a lot of house lots still empty. I did not noticed that some dirt covered the asphalt during my morning walk with my dog (at 5 am is still dark), and slipped on that dirt. Oh, my, I was covered with the thick dirt on all my right side. I have to go to my house from backyard and wash myself outside for a while, before entering the house. My dog laughed at me hard. My husband also looked concern when he saw me in the morning all dripping and dirty. 😀

Thank you for your stories!

Day 21. Wisconsin, USA FD. Still on vacation, but at home. Going shopping for homecoming dresses with my daughter and her friends, and their moms (who are my friends) today. Will to 16:8 instead of a typical fast, because I know we will want to grab lunch.

I am hesitant to step on scale; doing so has the potential to ruin a perfectly fine day.

Keep at it, friends!!!

Austin in Ohio – Day 21. 16:8

Hi all! Still really happy with my vacation week at the lake, my food choices and my modified 16 hour fasts.

This am I woke up and walked one of “america’s most beautiful mile”s…my son told me its listed as that somewhere in some book he has in his brain. I’ve got in my 10,000 steps for three days straight! Woohoo!

Day 21 Los Angeles. Still stuck on my yo-yo plateau. Grrr. Another FD for me. Will try to get in a walk and a plank. Will try not to be impatient or frustrated. Hope everyone makes it through today without trouble.

Day 21 Cotswolds, UK: Non-fast day. Another. I DO plan a fast day tomorrow when I need to travel to Wales for a few hours with my hubby to sort some things out. A few hours away from the fridge? I daren’t weigh myself. I’ve felt a bit stressed lately….which is my downfall. I’m a comfort eater, and once I start….well, you know I’m sure…

Ontario
    Day 21
    Fast Day
    Walked 3KM early this morning again
    The next few days forecast to be 40 + Farenheit
    Stay cool!

Day 21 USA (Illinois)

NFD today. Yesterday’s FD went well being gone a lot. Did a little shopping only to discover SHOE size is effected by my weight loss! Rings have been looser, and now shoes. I have been a 9 1/2 forever only to try on a couple and find a 9 fits me much better. Go figure…

A friend of mine says our body fat is like garbage bags, they are either full or empty (or somewhere in between). So, folks, we are taking out the trash!

I am glad (sort of) that I am not the only one who is tempted to snack on popcorn. We have a very local factory that makes potato chips, pretzels, cheese popcorn, and caramel corn. They won’t sell it in Walgreens any more due to it not having the nutrition label with calories, etc. Of course, that kind is my absolute favorite. Who knows how many calories I am eating? Mrs. Mike’s. Even their website doesn’t give nutrition info.

California, USA day 21. Today is a FD. HIT exercise in stationary bike done. I need to stay strong this evening as the family is going out to dinner and a movie. Have a great day!

Day 21 – USA – NFD

Had a successful FD yesterday. I hope to be down another lb on Saturday! I’m doing ok today, though snacking more than I should. I can now see why I could never lose weight eating so many snacks. It really adds up! I need to try to stick to 3 meals on NFD.

I hope everyone has easy FDs and NFDs!

Day 21 Minnesota, USA NFD
    Babysitting. Staying within TDEE
    K-Lo, my sympathies on your loss. It’s always so hard to lose a beloved friend, but it’s especially hard when that friend was a connection to your late mother, I’m sure. May you find comfort and strength in the memories.

Dorset UK Day 21
    FD

Managed to get to 7pm without eating anything and not feeling particularly hungry so have turned it into a fluid only day which will give me a 36hr fast, my first in a while.

Weigh in tomorrow and quite nervous as my weight was up this morning, so lets hope the fast will take me down to a number that means I haven’t gained from last Friday!

Kay

I’m on a FD today, I’m soooo hungry, the first time I have felt like this since starting 5:2. I think I might go to bed 😫

US SE Day 21.. NFD. All well here. FD tomorrow hopefully.

Australia Day 22 NFD – weekly weigh in and lost 2 Kilos! I know it is just the 2kgs I put on last week but it feels good! As Coda says it is all about control and this week I was much better controlling my food on NFDs. Good luck everyone with your weigh ins, I hope all the hard work pays off!

Italy Day 21 – NFD

Lovely Day and dinner out but made it within my TDEE.
    Buona notte

Ireland day 21 fd….I know I’m late checking in but still all over the place…first fast day at home and went fine…weigh in tomorrow…😳

Australia – Day 22 – 8 days to go of this challenge?

An eating day today. And a 1kg loss for this week! It’s raining again today.

Coldpizza – That is so funny. I love cleaning and feeding the horses too. I don’t think I could have ridden when I was at my heaviest. It would have been way too uncomfortable. And I have no idea how I would have gotten myself onto her.
    Songbirdme – That’s a good way of looking at it. We can dispose of the waste/fat. And I have definitely lost weight on my feet. I have had to change my rings around on my fingers so that I keep them on. I only resized them at the end of last year, but have lost 23 kilos now.

HannahWatto – Wow, what a fantastic loss! It’s sometimes the non fast days that test us the most!

Starting weight of challenge: 77.8 Weekly Loss: 1kg Current weight: 74.6kg Total loss of challenge: 3.2kg Goal for challenge: 75kg

US Day 21- NFD

I’ve lost 2 lbs this week which is the most (in one week) since I’ve started the 5:2! Very excited overall and I still have another fast day planned for tomorrow. Official weigh in isn’t until Saturday so I will see if the weight will stay the same or not.

Croatia, Day 22, FD
    Weight: 80.5 Kg

Day 21, Québec

I am reporting late tonight because we organized a dinner for the family and I was so busy that I almost forgot. Coda, I hope you will forgive me for this time 🙂

Nfd today. I think I ate too much.

Bye bye to all of you.

Sunshine Coast Aus Day 22. FD today. Have had some bits and pieces which is not how I usually manage an FD but will come in under the 500cals I think.
    Ciren2: comfort eating is such a trap. One starts and then becomes a flavour chaser. Then insulin gets us by the throat and look out food. A chant I’ve been taught goes Not hungry, thirsty, drink more water, drink more water, drink more water. It can work. Good luck with your FD.

Coldpizza, love the picture you painted. My walk by the river this morning with my friend was beautiful. It’s a summer’s day here today in the middle of winter.

ETJ: The gravel works a treat. My 4 th daughter was being married at home. It had been raining for weeks. The marquee was out the front of the house and the ground was a quagmire. I ordered a truckload of gravel which we spread. Deadly for high heels. That was 4 years ago and it is still a godsend.
    Slim: Biscotti beats chocolate candy. Who does that? A desperate person? lol.

All the best for another day and the challenge is going well.

UK day 21 I knew it was coming but still not happy about a 2lb gain, still have a week left on this challenge so although I have a few social events this weekend going to to stay on track and turn this round , I will show a loss next week and end on a high

Scotland Day 22 FD sorry forgot day 21! No weight loss this week. Had 3xFD and 3 x bad days! It’s been a stressful week so have to try and do better for the final week. Going to miss my target I fear but hey ho it’s only a couple of pounds and I tend to get stuck around this point trying to get the right side of 9st! Will likely be down tomorrow but as soon as I have even a semi normal day it’s back up.

Morning all in a cooler NI day 22 7 days to go and a fast day for me. Bracelet on as a reminder to make it a good one.
    Coolcat glad you made it home ok and back posting – it will take a while to get back in this time zone.
    ETJ – WELL DONE YOU! Not only for losing 23 kg but also for achieving your goal, and more, for this challenge and it’s not over yet. You are truly an inspiration and proof for any one this wol really does work.

Brighton bell day 22? The scales have thrown you lol but that’s the spirit – fighting talk and you can do it!

Jml60 – no loss but no gain either. Refocus and plan for the last week.

Remember Friday 29 is last day. July 30th is day 1 counting up to when bonus starts on 14th August we then count down from 14 to zero which should be 22nd August when bonus for phase 2 ends.

Thanks ETJ – you are an inspiration!

The Netherlands – Day 22 (non-fast day)

Checking in.

Day 22.. UK..Yorkshire

NFD today

Away until Monday will try and log in

Weigh in the same again..three weeks in a row…😬

Northern Spain day 22
    Good morning everyone.
    Today is a fast day.
    Had a very good day yesterday. Didn’t go completely mad but just didn’t stress about what where and when I ate.
    I have spent the month walking and doing pilates so I reckon everything caught up with me. I needed a break and I took it
    Now Im grand again.
    I have definitely lost weight and my shape seems more pronounced. The combination of diet and exercise has been very effective.
    Congratulations ETJ on your loss – well done
    Have a great day everyone
    Cheers

Day 21/22 Cornwall UK.
    Sorry I didnt post yesterday coda.
    A successful fast day on Wednesday and a 2lb loss yesterday, thursday, my weigh day. Very happy with that!!
    I wont weigh now til next week. There is nothing to stop me having 3 fast days before the end of the challenge! Any loss since the the last would be great.

Ok son and down! Stay strong for these last few days everyone!

Day 22– Colorado, USA

Wonderful reading everyone’s success! Keep it coming, ladies!
    (I just started that TOM yesterday, so I won’t step on scales until after that’s done. Plenty of time for progress toward final weigh in.)

Plan to skip breakfast then going out for “late lunch” after work with friends. The restaurant has terrific chopped salad with grilled chicken, so already know my meals. Staying in control!

Gozo, Malta

ETJ congratulations on your loss and everyone else who lost this week. I weighed myself this morning and I only went down 0.1 kilo. I’m 73.3 kilos now. I started 75.3 kilos at the start of this challenge and I’m 2 kilos down.

I was a bit disappointed but I know I need to exercise more and there were a couple of days that I went over my TDEE.

It’s a fast day today for me and my husband. My daughters have a medical dinner this evening so won’t be fasting.

Have a wonderful day everyone and keep strong.

USA, Texas, Day 22. NFD.
    Yesterday’s fast was absolute success. It is almost 8 am, and I still did not break the fast. it will be more than 36 hours. As a result – the scale was happy today, and it makes me happy.
    So this is another happy day! And there is a cherry on top – my both girls are coming to visit! So instead of just two of us, there is my mom, my two girls and one girl’s boyfriend. Full house for a few days. I am so excited, but a little bit nervous: we have a tradition, that every time when my oldest daughter is visiting we are buying a cheesecake, and every time when my youngest daughter visiting – there is a pecan pie. When both are visiting – we are having both cakes. I simply cannot break that tradition but I have to figure out how to limit myself to two small slices of the both treats.

SlimnHealthy, I am positively jealous! Your vacation sounds so lovely and beautiful. Enjoy!

Micky42 – Don’t worry too much about plateau. I am on that diet from January, and for me somehow it works as a yo-yo diet. It yo-yo-ing around the same number for a while (sometimes up to 2-3 weeks), and then I have sudden good drop. Than another couple of week yo-yo-ing around lower number. At first I got frustrated, but now I know that my body works this way. We can do it! Just stick to the fasting pattern. 😀

Kay65 – welcome to the 36-hour-fasting world! For me it really works the best. The hardest part is to stay away at evening on the fast day. I try to remember that if I got into bed still without food, than the body is using all my fat for additional 8 hours. It helps. Good luck on your losing journey!

Day 22 – NH, USA

Weigh in day!! Lost a pound, so I’m down 2.5 pounds so far this month. A bit below my goal but happy to see the numbers get lower and lower.

NFD and I’m ending my workweek with a pedicure and a cocktail. <3

Surrey UK Day 22…….Since the last weigh in, I have dropped 1.2 kg. It is very motivating and almost every time I think there can’t possibly be a weight loss, because I don’t feel as if there are any restrictions. It is due to the choices made each time.
    In the middle of this last week I had such a desire for condensed milk…my nemesis…so I never buy it. But my daughter had tins in the cupboard! I actually opened one, had two tablespoons, and asked myself what did I think I was doing? So I washed the rest of the tin down the drain…oh boy! What’s more, I am not undoing all the work gone in up to this point, so won’t go near the other two tins.

US, Day 22, beastly hot NYC. FD today. Just coffee and seltzer so far. I have miso if I need.

My NFD yesterday — big lunch and only a drumstick for dinner.

NorthernDawn, thank you for your kind words. As funerals go, it was lovely. As we were leaving the gravesite, I turned to my “cousins” and said, “well, now that your mother has passed, I’m sure the four of them are settling down to a game of bridge.” THe three of them, my sister and I all had a teary laugh about that image.

Day 21: Pacific NW USA, FD

FD with grandsons. Sunny, 2 mile HIT hill walk then coffee with cream. For dinner out I had roasted pear salad and steamed harissa spiced mussels. That put me at about 800 cal so I’m over allowance but it was delicious! Video with oldest g’son and so stayed up too late and just found this unposted on my iPad laying in the bed beside me. I guess I wanted to dream the rest of my message to finish!

Will try another FD today with hope that staying in will make it easier (but not necessarily easy) before next to last weights and measures of this challenge tomorrow.

K-lo – you remind me how sad but how sweet funerals can be, I can picture that happy reunion now that their 4th has joined them! But we all still feel sorry as I do for your family friend’s passing.

Day 22: Gloucestershire UK: Fast Day. So far so good. Hanging on in there. Just been to Wales and back….no food, while dear husband bought and ate a giant chicken and salad roll whilst there.
    Fuvvie: drinking water, water, water…thanks for that. Staying strong. No comfort eating, one thing leads to another…
    Good luck all fasters today.

Hello everyone !

today 22 days of challenge.

No fasting today.

Hugs

Dorset UK Day 22
    NFD

Weigh in day – no loss this week! Now bearing in mind at one point I was 3 up I think that no loss is an achievement!

However 2.5lbs off my goal for the challenge and I have to weigh in on Thursday as I’m away on Friday without scales. I’m not sure if I will manage that as can only fit in 2 fast days before then…Sunday and Wednesday and tomorrow is festival day and no calorie counting.
    Never mind I’ll do what I can and at least this way I’m happy as I’m losing weight but also doing the social stuff that I want to do 🙂

Well done everyone who has weighed in today and who is happy with the scales.

Last push everyone!!

Kay

Coldpizza: You’ve inspired me! I’m going to try for my first 36-hour fast. I do admire you people who can do that. All I’ve got to do right now is not eat this evening, go to bed and then breakfast back to normal tomorrow. Your words to Kay65 about remembering that sleeping on an empty stomach = an additional 8 hours of FAT-BURNING. I’m going to try it..right NOW!

Good Luck Ciren2. Yes, you can do it!

Another warning for 36-hour-or-more fasters – do not over eat after the fast.
    I find out that cup or two of hot broth with sea weeds, or miso soup, or any kind of food with hot liquid in it helps to keep me full and satisfied. If I chose to have eggs in the morning, they are followed up with one or two cups of hot coffee or tea.
    Oatmeal also works well – I am making it very liquidish and hot. Plain yogurt with cucumber also works wonders for me and great for digestion.

From my experience – if I eat normal cereal for breakfast, I don’t feel satisfied for long and tend overeat later.

But take my words only as “sharing experience”, not as a direction, since all of our bodies are so wonderfully different, what does not work for me, might work perfectly well for you. Good luck to find your perfect way of losing! 😀

Coda, my colleague has asked me to tell you that’s she had died. (Insert giggle.)

Back2future, thank you.

Day 22, India, NFD

Went to mom’s so might have gone over my TDEE. Will be more mindful for next 2 days which will be NFD.

Austin in Ohio Day 22

NFD – started with a hot donut, i coukd be in trouble..but still walking a lot!

Hi all

Kay65 if you stay within your TDEE on your nfd’s and have 2 fast days with no cheat snacks you may still do it – give it your best.

K-lo – oh I am so sorry to learn about your friends demise – however if you are in touch with her please let her know that, that is no excuse and my big stick has a very big reach lol. Does she want me to remove her name tho?

Day 22, Québec

NFD and my weight got up a bit.

So difficult nowadays to stick to my plan. I’m not at home and there are temptations everywhere and people earing ” generously ” at the same table. Plus there are some special recipies cooked by the sisters in law and brothers in law that I won’t be able to have when I go back home ( about 16 hours trip ).

I try to do my FD but I screw up too often. Where did my determination go ? Must see long term and track my calories. A good way for me to stay focussed. Come on, come on, you can do it ! Just do it.

Have a nice day, all of you all around the world x

Day 22 Los Angeles.
    K-Lo I’m sending my good thoughts to you and your people.
    Coldpizza, thanks for the buck-up. I am generally patient but sometimes the yo-yoing gets annoying, doesn’t it? 😉
    Today is a NFD but I’m gonna try to keep it very well under my goal TDEE – the scales moved a bit in the right direction this morning after yesterday’s FD and 10,000+ steps– gotta capitalize on that!

Coda, the corpose is chuckling, and thanks you for the tough love.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 2,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply.