31 Day March 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
31 Day March 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 3,249 replies, has 179 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,001 through 3,050 (of 3,256 total)

• Day 29 UK FD

Hard fasting today. Feel a bit knackered from work. Just nibbled the slightest corner that had broken off a biscuit (cookie) – it tasted fabulous! Probably about 5 kcals but worth it 🙂 Question is, will I go back for the other 55 kcals estimated to be left?

Nooooo…… (slow motion).

Course not. I am stronger than that.

Take care fasters, food is everywhere sometimes.

@luna09 Thanks for the reply. I’ve been doing 2:5 midweek since the start of the Feb Challenge (or just before). I’d lost about 5kg doing 5:2 in four months before that. Since starting the 2:5 I’ve lost just over 7kg at the last weigh in. It works out about 1.2 kg per week. I’m happier taking the pain of resisting food during the week days. It doesn’t affect my energy levels (many people I tell seem to think it should) and I’ve upped the exercise to try and boost things a bit and get fit. I feel great without as much weight, but have around a further 5-12kg to lose. I tell myself that I’ll switch to 4:3 when I reach the upper end of my goal weight. I’m musing over two consecutive days on water only (Mon/Tues), plus one other day (Thurs). The benefits of a longer fast seem worthwhile, and the weight loss a bonus!

Day 29 Maine FD

Last day of road trip! Home tonight! yay!

Thanks all for coming away with me for the last month! Make it a great day!

Day 29 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Yesterday was a crazy eating day – right at TDEE but not the best choices. Oh well. That happened. Today will be LCHF (low carb, high fat) as planned.

Almost through the month, and we’re still supporting one another.

Onward and downward!

Surrey UK

Day 28 FD
    Day 29 NFD

Feeling a bit weary of FDs now. May go to 6:1 in April and give myself a bit of a break.

Day 29 Chicago, Illinois USA – NFD

Day 29, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD

Today’s weight 141.6, below goal weight 145.

As someone else said earlier, I can best describe how I feel as “light”.
    Exercising strong, drinking at least a gallon of water/green tea a day. Sleeping great, appreciate the magnesium recommendations from the lovely posters on this thread. That and valerian and I am out like a light, ready to go at five a.m. !

Sending good vibes to each of you, those celebrating I salute you, those struggling I encourage you to treat your body well today as you deserve it.

To your health, all.

For Day 29 – US – FD 3rd of B2B2B2B

Fast day again for Wednesday😊 I’m going to ride this wave…this week! I made the decision the night before and the next 2 days look doable. I’m going to add some supplemental minerals for a bit more energy today. In my 3rd day of fasting I start to feel better, less stressed. I saw where they documented experiments on the 3rd day of fasting, diseases like Lyme disease and endometriosis are burned away with the fat. I want to get better from these things. So it’s important to me that I keep going!😊

@erika45 You are my hero✨I wish I was calm enough to go to the dentist calmly, let alone do it on a fast day✨👍✨
    @fatrabbit Good luck at your dentist visit today!✨
    @luna09 I’m so glad to hear we have been supportive! Keep on, Keepin’ on✨😊🌈✨
    @hannahwatto You are doing great 👍
    ✨You and all others who haven’t yet but wanting to get on board for the April Challenge can continue with the group for April at the link is below:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/30-day-april-2017-challenge/#post-199403

Hi from Derbyshire uk This is my 2nd FD. I had a bout of insomnia last night and when I finally got to sleep I then slept in this morning and woke with a headache 🤕 I thought to myself arrrgh I can’t do my fast today but then I thought well, if I can manage to get through today feeling feeling tired and having a headache, then maybe subsequent fast won’t be so bad, so I’m going carry on with my FD.

Extra post – really hungry but managed to keep things under control when I went to dinner with friends. Four of us shared 2 fish and salad starters and then I had steak and vegetables for main. I did have about 1/3rd of a small dessert but did not touch the glass of wine sitting in front of me all night and didn’t order any bread or other nibbles to tide me over waiting for the others who were quite late. Progress of sorts.

Day 29 USA-WA FD
    Going for a strong finish to what has proven to be an intensely rainy, cold, dreary month here. Figure if I can maintain fasts through this, spring sunshine will be easier!

@hereigo Great to read about your success on your FD. Good wishes for you today. ✨😊✨Drink lots of water to stop the headaches. A glass every hour during the day if you can manage it. I don’t like drinking water before I go to bed because I inevitably have to get up in the night to pee. But it keeps the headaches away and helps with the detox that is going on in your body when you Fast. 😊 Also a side note for you and others. I may be the only silly person that has gone for 3 days fasting (in my teens, years ago) and then went out swimming in a wave pool in the sun. I found out the hard way. On the 3rd day. I passed out and woke up somebody had called an ambulance and the EMT’s were standing over me. By the third day it’s important to eat some type of vegetable and check on a good supplement with minerals and cell salts. Our bodies won’t hold the water after a few days without the vegetables to hold it in our bodies for us. With the challenge some people eat, 500 calories on a fast day and some find it easier not to have to count calories and not to eat. But definitely starting at the 3rd day and or any FD you might be out in the sun and or sweating; drink plenty of water and remember the veggies and a good mineral, cell salt supplement. ✨😊🌈✨Good luck to you today and✨Keep on, Keepin’ on!✨💛

I have to echo @okeydokey on being careful with fluids. I give blood routinely every 8 weeks – have given over 10 gallons in my life (68 years). Last May, in the middle of 5:2, I made sure not to fast on the day I gave, but I also did not drink enough fluids that day and ended up in the Emergency Room having passed out at dinner. I had gotten rather blase about what giving blood does to our bodies, as we need to be in tune with what fasting does.

Day 29, Virginia USA, FD

3rd day of the fast. Michael writes about keeping our balance – he’ll stand on one foot while brushing his teeth (hard to do!). Dr Oz had an exercise to help stave off breaking a hip in the 70s when one is vulnerable, ie to spin around up to 10 times clockwise and then counter-clockwise. With the possibility of dizziness while fasting, it may be beneficial to strengthen the inner ear and work up a little vertigo resistance. Start slow and you might want to take a day off when fasting.

Day 29, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cal

Hi all,

It happened! I reached my target weight for March today, it is actually a bit below. Hurrah! Still a couple of days to go, perhaps I can do another half a pound? I will do my best.

All the best to all of you!😊😊😊

Day 29 – USA – FD

This is officially my last fast day in March (my next is Saturday, 4/1)…I might switch up to fasting again on Friday just to get a good end result for March and kickstart April. @erikaa67 – made my first cloud bread with chives and onion salt, and topped with creamy fresh avocado was heavenly! @debster251 – welcome home! NYC is nice to visit, but having lived there most of my life, I wouldn’t go back, IMO! @cboz, @pashaw – hang in there! @scs – welcome home; what a shock to go from summer to winter again within a few days, although you might be warming up in Maine soon enough. @lindasue – your success is admirable, keep it up! @hereigo, @HannaWatto, @krisnia – love your individual determination in testy circumstances!

Day 29 – Munic, Germany – NFD

Day 29
    NFD
    UK – Hampshire

Hey everyone, just checking in after my holidays.

AMAZING NEWS – during my holidays I lost 0.8 lbs !!!

I am taking this as proof that this WOL allows your weight to stabilise at a lower level.

I was so excited on Monday that I had lost 0.8 lbs whilst merrily eating and drinking my way around France that I celebrated with several unplanned NFDs!

I have scheduled a FD for Friday though as I don’t want to fall off the wagon!

Good luck with the rest of the month everyone :0)

2nd post:

PS –

@redrockgirl302 – CONGRATS!

@southcroydonkate – I am also going to go down to 6:1 in April.

I tend to eat less (and glug less wine!) once the clocks change so I’m hoping I can lose my last 3 lbs on 6:1…

Day 29: Gloucestershire, UK: FD = 20 hours….before eating again this afternoon, after work…hopefully in a controlled manner! No breakfasts for me at the moment.

Day 20 – SE WA USA – FD 800

I think this rainy weather is giving connectivity issues with the wifi. An earlier post disappeared before I could post.

Okeydokey – you’re giving me the “ganas” (Spanish for the umph) to go for more of a fasting continuance.

I finished 2 b3bs Monday & Tuesday – with 500 cal stylings. I’ll aim to just nudge it to 800 today. Then tomorrow, the 30th another 500 FD & another 800 for the 31st. Looking to finish strong in March.

Krisnia – I appreciate your positive outlook. Yes, if we can fast on these rainy days, it should be quite doable with sunshine. I hear our weekend has some sun in the forecast.

Day 29|Toronto|CD-NFD

Day 29 – London – FD

Couple of things to report – I got myself an aerolatte milk frother from Amazon, it’s a little whisk which froths up warm milk so I can have a cappuccino at home! I use soy milk or almond milk and it froths up really well. I made one last night with decaff coffee and sprinkled cinnamon on top – so good! and seemed like such a treat, even though it was under 30 cals.

OH sweetly came home last night with 2 x Cadbury’s Mini Egg easter eggs. Not my sort of chocolate, but I do have a nibble if he has one, so he got me my own. I tried a bit of the chocolate egg and it was far too sweet! Couldn’t eat it, even the mini-eggs which I used to enjoy were just too sugary. (I understand some of the recipes have been tweaked since Cadbury was taken over, but I’m sure this is mainly down to my tastes changing and refined sugar just tasting too overpowering now). As a child we never had Easter eggs as my father believes Easter to be a solemn time, not for gorging on chocolate! So I never really associated Easter with a chock fest…but hot-crossed buns…well that’s a different story!

@redrockgirl302 – well done you, you must be over the moon!

Good luck to all – may we all continue to stay strong!

Day 29 – Cumbria UK – FD/NFD??

Yesterday’s NFD went well – under 400cal for the day with a light meal in the evening – woke up feeling good, went to my usual yoga class and still not feeling hungry so I’ll see how the day goes but I believe that it will be a CD at the very least……..

All our lovely sunshine is gone – drizzly day with low cloud cover – no views of the high fells today! but at least it’s not cold!! and an afternoon of volunteer work to do.

@songbirdme – Happy rehearsals – you and your choral society will smash it on Sunday – stay calm and focused you have got this xx
    @scs – don’t feel bad if you fell off the wagon on a FD, most of us have done it often, you have been amazing in never having succumbed before!!! Driving in horrible conditions is amazingly stressful – you and your OH did the right thing in stopping for an extra day – safe journey for the bit back home – there is something very nice about coming back home! Press that reset button tomorrow and you know you can do it.
    @gopackgo – what a lovely tradition with your boys – enjoy the precious times and the lovely memories you are building 😍
    @okeydokey – stay strong on your 3rd FD of B2B – you have got this! Already looks like the April Challenge will keep you busy, with a mixture of newbies, old hands and some returnees – it will be fun!
    @ciren2 – GREAT JOB – 16:8 an CDs are a great way forward – stay with us and hoping to see you in the April Challenge x
    @hereigo – WELCOME post daily with us for the rest of March and that will get you used to posting daily for the April Challenge
    @patiger – nice to hear from you again – I thought we had lost you…….as your last post was Day 15!! I will update the spreadsheet putting you down as FD on Mondays and Thursdays – are you joining us for the April Challenge?
    @erikaa67 – one of my favourite brunch dishes – sourdough toast with avocado and poached eggs with a sprinkling of feta cheese……..bliss
    @debster251 – good to hear you enjoyed your visit to New York – that’s the best thing about this WOL you can now press the reset button and get back on track
    @annemarilyn – not sure why you fell off the list – so sorry 😫
    @coda – going strong. I meant to let you know I discovered Kefir in my supermarket and tried it for the first time a week ago – love the taste and such a refreshing drink – in time I will be brave and order some Kefir grains and try making my own!
    @wtharvey – good job on doing B@B including a on a day off – amazing what we can do if we keep busy and have distraction therapy as I call it………..
    @lilymartin – thanks for the update – @okeydokey is hosting for April – if you click on forum at the top of the page, then on active topics you will find the April Challenge – great to have you onboard again. Enjoy your house guests visit – sounds like a full house but have fun and then then get ready for daily accountability with the April Challenge – I find posting daily and reading helps keep me fasting – I have now completed my 4th month in maintenance and staying below my target weight – could not do it without this forum!!
    @dykask – great post again and job well done on your FDs and then on your first NFD
    @lynzm – COME ON GIRL YOU CAN DO THIS – this WOL allows us to have days where we go AWOL then we press that reset button and off we go…….
    @erika45 – hope all went well with removal of your stiches – good idea to time a B2B FD at this time
    @Strawberriesandcream – thank you – I have enjoyed it although it has been very time consuming but great fun at the same time
    @monkeydo – junk food unfortunately does not make us feel good – try for CD/16:8 days if you can’t bear a FD before the end of the month – you might surprise yourself!! you have done all the hard work in travelling and relocating – be kind to yourself xx
    @bert1802 – glad you enjoyed your birthday and had a fab time! Shame about work – your bosses need to grow a pair and do their job – it does not sound right that they should get you to do what they are paid to do – be strong and think of us all giving support
    @Debster251- perhaps you and @lilymartin can pull each other along next month and as we always say TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
    @lindasue – great job on keeping well below that goal weight!
    @fivetwofan5252 – WELCOME BACK – glad you had a fab time – no FDs and still lost 0.8lbs – mindful eating and drinking ?

Well after 2 sit downs (1 after my yoga class and then another session after my volunteer afternoon!!!) with the laptop I have managed to catch up with all the posts so far – very active!!!

I’m not sure if you all realised that our friends on this forum are from far and wide, in fact from all over the world – England, USA, Australia, New Zealand, France, Switzerland, Malta, Canada, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Japan, Scotland, Portugal, Italy, Germany, Oman, Sweden……hope I have not missed any countries out – How wonderful to have such a global family and it has been my pleasure to host this
    31 Day March 2017 Challenge and get to know you all, some more than others but we all share as much or as little as we want but there is always support on here.

There are some who have achieved their monthly target already and others are going very strong to the end of the month……..others are maintaining nicely…………
    For those who are doing consecutive FDs do remember that what you do in the longer term has to be sustainable in keeping the weight from creeping back on – This is not a diet but a WOL – you have only one body so take care of it!

I thought I would end this very long post with one of my favourite quotes
    “MOTIVATION IS WHAT GETS YOU STARTED; HABIT IS WHAT KEEPS YOU GOING”

2nd Post

Meant to say yesterday’s FD and today will be a very CD!

Hello everyone!

A new acronym has appeared whilst I’ve been on holiday or more likely my brain has leaked an important piece of info!

What is a CD ?!

Day 29 NFD USA, WI
    (yesterday Day 28 turned out to be a FD, for the record)

Yesterday ended up being a fast day after all. I had a very light breakfast (one egg, one egg white, one slice 45-cal wheat toast with honey), then homemade noodle-less chicken veggie soup for lunch. My son wanted to go to a buffet for dinner, and I had one salad of spinach, carrots, cucumber, and a piece of baked chicken that I took the skin off (YAY FOR MY CONTROL). No bread, no mac and cheese or the other stuff I normally would have dived for. And that was it! I didn’t actually get hungry again until about 9PM and by that point, I didn’t *want* to eat before bed. So by calories alone, it was a fasting day. I never felt hungry or deprived, though, until bedtime. Had a wonderful time with my son. <3

Today I’m heading to the clinic to get checked out for what’s ailing me. Had a frustrating experience this morning – went to a clinic I’ve gone to frequently in the past (for a UTI, for strep throat, etc), and was told today that they don’t accept my insurance. Yay for American healthcare issues. My doc was full today and the rest of the week, so I’m heading to a different clinic in my “network” later. Ugh.

@RedRockGirl304 – congrats on meeting your target weight for March!

Good luck to all – I only skimmed posts, will read more later.

@fivetwofan5252 – CD is a controlled NFD! cannot remember who first mentioned it – think it was in the February challenge…..

Day 29 Oman NFD

UK
    Day 26 NFD
    Day 27 NFD
    Day 28 NFD
    Day 29 FD

Had a bad row of NFDs as social life kicking in and been having dinner out every day. Calories through the roof. Reaching the 66.5kg by the end of march as i wanted doesnt look likely at this stage but one can hope.
    FD today going well – very busy day at work and hitting the gym now.

Good luck for everyone doing FD today 🙂

Day 29 / Sweden / NFD
    Day 28 / NFD

Struggling with the flu this week but the weight is staying down. Life and work are too busy at the moment (I’m hosting 18 exchange students from Brittany) so I’ve fallen way behind reading your posts but I hope all is going well, or as well as can be, for everyone out there.

Take care

Day 29 UK NFD

Wanted to keep it very low today but there was a misdemeanour with half a sausage roll when I broke my fast at 5.30. Thought I was beyond such silliness. Clearly not. Not a disaster but a warning. Fasting tomorrow and think I will go liquid only ready for Friday’s encounter with scales.

Hereigo, stay strong on your second day. Hang on in. You can eat tomorrow!

Day 29 NFD
    Good luck to everyone on FD today.

Day 30 – NZ – NFD

Down 2 kg for the month.

Day 29, FD, USA
    BiddieV: OMGosh. I laughed so hard when I heard your mother’s expression. I, TOO, today feel like I can “eat a horse and chase the rider” right now — 3pm on a FD as I’m “hangry.” Usually they aren’t this tough, but one of my beloved mom’s expressions was “there will be days like these, honey..” I’m confident I’ll make it to my evening 400 calorie meal, though, so just have a couple of hours to to; watching Dr. Oz to get through one hour.
    I applaud all of you for caring about yourselves enough to take this journey, as well as participate in this global, fabulous support.

Day 29 Surrey UK NFD

Lovely NFD today, hoping it will have prepared me for my last FD of the month tomorrow.

I can’t see a pocket list for tomorrow so will start one

@suse13

Good luck tomorrow everyone, especially if it’s your last for this monthly challenge 🤞🏻🙋🏻

2nd Post
    Third day fasting and I survived the grocery store. For me that’s a big thing. Luckily I only had to pick up broccoli and other vegs. One day at a time. I’m going to go another FD tomorrow, I’ve got to fit into a decent dress in June for our niece’s wedding. ✨🤞 ✨
    Well wishes on your 2:5 this week @johnnyr👍✨
    @lindasue Congratulations 🎈🎉On losing 4 lbs. more than your goal weight. It seems like you’ve got a groove that is working! ✨Keep on, Keepin’ on!🌈✨
    @annemarilyn 😊You make me smile! It sounds like your keeping up with the water and doing it smart. I figure once I get past that 1st FD which is always the hardest for me. I might as well keep on going. I’ll be with you till Thursday and probably 🤞Friday. (I want to lose the weight and I guess I’m just stubborn that way. 😊✨
    @fayefaye that cappuccino sounds like a great treat! Yum
    @at Congratulations✨🎉for your 4th month of staying below your target weight👏👏! I understand without this wonderful group I wouldn’t have made it this far.😊
    ✨Thank-you! @at Thanks for all your efforts and support. Looking forward to April! A lot of the group has already joined.✨😊✨I think it’s going to be good also.✨👍
    @gopackgo What a nightmare, so sorry to hear about the Insurance issues. I don’t know if it’s a government issue or the clinic just decided not to take your Insurance?Blessings to you my dear💛I hope it works out.
    @orpheusx What a great thing to do! Sounds like 18 exchange students from Brittany will keep you very busy!
    @sarah57 🤣just 🤣Thanks for cheering me up!

Day 30/FD/Aus

@at I couldn’t agree more

We need to talk about that four letter word DIET! We’ve all ridden the diet rollercoaster, experiencing the highs of losses and the downs of gains. In desperation we’ve forked out countless dollars on diet plans, the latest weight loss fad, shakes, detox programs, self help and recipe books etc etc. Non of these diets have worked in the long term, otherwise most of us would not be here seeking support from our global family.

We’ve all fallen off the wagon. Maybe due to the stress of focusing on points or calories or due to an overwhelming sense of deprivation or the difficulties of fitting the ‘diet’ into our social life or the stresses of day to day life and needing to put others before ourselves. Crash diets always have a rebound, just think of the Biggest Losers. So please, please, please stop turning 5:2, Intermittent Fasting, ADF … into another ‘diet.’

This is a very flexible WOL with countless variations backed by significant scientific research. The secret to sustainability is to find what works for each of us and to fit it in to our lifestyle. It doesn’t matter if we have a bad day or week. It’s ok to take a break. Whether you count calories, watch portions, eat to TDEE, weigh or not, use a diary, exercise, take supplements, etc etc are all personal choices. If you need a plan to follow there are countless menu plans on the internet. This WOL shouldn’t be something forced upon us but something we choose to do to make a difference.

It’s time to start considering this as an opportunity to boost our health so we can live life to the fullest. Weight loss is the bonus.

2nd post

Right @suse13, I was just mentally preparing my excuses as I don’t really want to fast tomorrow, bla bla bla, but there’s nothing stopping me except my attitude. So, I’ll join you on the pocket list:

@suse13
    @and…exhale

Anyone else?

Day 29 – Durham – FD

I’m in for tomorrow.

Pocketeers:

@suse13
    @and…exhale
    @notmyrealname

Stay strong, friends – only 2 days of this challenge left!

Day 30 NFD St. Louis USA
    fasting tomorrow. Please include in pocketers when started.

Hi day 29 uk BSD

Just checking in still haven’t caught up and been very busy in work. Hope all is good with everyone x

@fivetwofan5252 – CD came about during a previous challenge (February? January?) as CONTROLLED DAY. In other words, it is a NFD that we vow to maintain as controlled. I know a lot of us find more difficulty with NFD’s than we do FD’s.

Interesting article about Stevia from a MFP email: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/is-stevia-safe/?utm_source=mfp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly20170329

Day 29- Montreal- NFD

Day 29 / UK / FD
    Day 30 / UK / NFD

Internet must have eaten my post this morning. Yesterday was an okay NFD, snacked a little more than is my nature (on any day other than Thursday), but otherwise kept it okay.

Today’s FD was fairly easy although I had my dinner quite early and thought it would get tough, but nope, even sailed up that slight hill on my way home without problems (it’s purely psychological. Sometimes, often on an NFD, I can’t be bothered and push the bike. At other times, often on an FD when I think hungry me would have a good reason to give up, it’s not a problem at all). Have since fallen in love with resistance training. It’s hard going, the instructor yesterday made us do push-ups (uhhhargh), but I can feel my body today. Not that it hurts, it just feels like it’s put me more in touch with it–which is an AMAZING feeling!

Tomorrow: dreaded Thursday, will try to keep the snacking at bay as best as I can. Worked okay last week, although I have some calls scheduled in for the afternoon that I feel a bit queasy about…

@okeydokey, you are on a roll! Now I wish I had kept going yesterday, I was thinking about it… And you are already doing a great job keeping track of everyone!

@redrockgirl302, congrats on reaching your March goal! I am weary of setting a number goal for April not to set myself up for failure (I lost a lot in the beginning, but plateaued around the third week of the month). But it must be so nice to reach it!

Day 29 …..West Midlands, UK…….NFD

Well I went to bed starving last night but had a really good nights sleep.

Woke up this morning and after about 10 mins the hunger crept in again.

I feel really stuffed tonight so I think I’ve eaten too much today.

Another FD tomorrow, last one for March.

Still day 29

Adding to the pocket list for Day 30 FD. Add your name if you’d like to join us

@sus13
    @and…3xhale
    @notmyrealname
    @annemarilyn

Whoops made a typo

Here’s the correctly spelled pocket list for Day 30 FD. Add your name if you’d like to join us.

@sus13
    @and…exhale
    @notmyrealname
    @annemarilyn

Day 29 Florida USA NFD

Not using the term “diet” is very important to me as well. This is my second time committing to the 5/2 as a WOL. I deeply regret that, having maintained my ideal weight for 9 months, and been SO happy, I let stress throw me off. I’m in a group so that, with support, I won’t go off the rails again. Because of the effectiveness and body repair aspect of the 5/2, I think it is a healthy WOL. I read that some folks are doing more extreme regimens than I’ve ever read from Michael, but that’s not for me.
    Best wishes to all!

Day 29 | FD | UK

Day 28 Massachussetts, USA NFD

Have not been posting much becasue too busy with work. Still here and doing OK. I will not make my goal weight but still doing good on the plan.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,001 through 3,050 (of 3,256 total)

You must be logged in to reply.