31 Day March 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
31 Day March 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 3,249 replies, has 179 voices, and was last updated by  therealwil78 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,951 through 3,000 (of 3,256 total)

• Day 28, NFD, USA
    Ahhh, so nice to eat again after a FD yesterday so started out the day with my favorite “epic” breakfast: avocado toast & egg and top. (slice of toasted Ezekiel sesame bread smothered with mashed avocado and then a runny egg on top and a little sprinkle of sea salt — perfection). And I hopped on the scale and found I am 5 pounds down for the month, so almost there. I’m confident I’ll make my goal of a 7 pound loss minutes before the finish line, as it’s “that time of month,” so the lovely water retention is impeding more progress. But more importantly, my clothes fit better, I feel more clear headed and have adapted so well this month. Newbies: hang in there — it works — it may take a little time to get things moving and shakin’ but it’s a slow and steady decline in those pesky extra pounds of fat that have comfortably sat on your body).
    RedRock Girl: great job — you’re almost there at your goal. You’ve got this!
    AT: thanks again for being such a lovely hostess. I know it was a ton of work, but it’s all much appreciated. In fact, let’s all toast you with our lemon waters or ACV or kefir later. (or hell, a glass of wine).
    x0

Think bathing suit season, ladies. Or if not that…. a nice new pair of fabulous jeans.

Day 28 BELFAST NFD
    Home from my travels and just posting to try and get back into the zone. I’ve only been gone since last Thursday, and it’s awesome to see how many pages of posts have happened since then. I’ll sit down tonight and try to catch up.
    We covered about 25,000 steps a day, walking the NY streets, but my food choices were not so good. Won’t weigh until the end of the month, which will give me a bit of ‘reset’ time.
    Happy birthday Bert and Fuvvie.

Day 28 – SW WA USA – FD

This is my 2nd day of a B2B. Some how I fell off the list AT & I’m not sure how to put myself on the list with the device I’m using to post.

Yesterday’s FD went well. I must have eaten a little too much or made a few too many choices that affected the scale at the conference last week. Yesterday’s FD moved the scale downward some & hopefully today’s will take it further to preconference weight. I’m glad there are a few more days to get back on track before the end of March.

Ciren2 – glad you’re trying another way to change it up. If we keep on keeping on, we will prevail!

Day 28 Portugal FD
    Day 27 NFD
    Day 26 NFD

Wow I missed a couple of days and 5 pages of posts. Hope everyone doing well. We flew down to the Algarve (very south of Portugal) yesterday to visit some friends. The kids loved getting a day off school! It was a lovely time and a NFD!!! Sunday I ate too much also, but back into the zone today and I may fast for two out of the next three days, to try and finish out the month well and hopefully have nice numbers on the scales on Saturday.

Hi all day 28 UK BSD although it may be a lot lower than that – still trying to catch up on posts (book marked page 57 as my starting point after class tonight).

Had my Kefir pudding at lunch time with some berries and 1 tsp of honey estimated at 261 calories. Need to off set the weekend 🙂 which was a little indulgent and I found yesterday very hard – too many nice treats still around calling my name.

As I said I am trying the 800 BSD until the end of the month – I guess as long as I finish less than I started the month at – then it is a win.

Day 28 – London – NFD

Australia Day 29 NFD Had a good TDEE and an alcohol-free day yesterday plus 3 walks for a total of 2 hours. Typical of me that I am finally getting my act together … just as the challenge is finishing!

Day 28 Surrey UK FD – a good FD for me today.

@hereigo why don’t you just post here and get to know some of us before joining the April challenge properly. Well done on your first fast!

Thanks @sarah57 I will do that. Tomorrow is my 2nd Fast day and I’m psyching myself up for it, although I’m not so nervous as I was before the 1st FD

Day 28 – Durham, UK – FD

Day 27, 26 – NFD

Crumbs I’ve missed pages and pages of comments. I’ll have to concentrate on staying on top of this for April!

Bit of a blowout over the weekend. Back to 85.x 😡 FD today, and planning FD tomorrow and Thursday. Will try to hold out as long as possible on Friday too… 80.x is clearly a pipe dream for March but I’d at least like to get to a steady 84.x and (this would be amazing) seeing just one 83.x would be fab. 🤞🤞

Hope you are all keeping strong for the final days of this challenge, and sending you all my positive thoughts and willpower!

Let’s bring this sucker home. xx

@hereigo It gets much easier. Just keep completing those fast days and it will become second nature to you. Just remember hunger comes in waves it doesn’t just keep building. So if you are having a tough period of time you know it will pass. Just distract yourself and tell yourself you can eat tomorrow.

Day 28 | NFD | Bucks UK

Thanks @sarah57. I’ll let you know how I get on tomorrow

Day 29 – NZ – FD

Day 28, Virginia USA, FD

2nd day of b2b. Didn’t think I could go my day off without eating and didn’t want to jinx it so I’m posting at the end of the day. Busy day maybe kept me going.

Day 29 16:8 FD country west Australia
    Day 28 NFD
    Day 27 NFD
    Day 26 NFD

Having been without a computer or computer access since late Feb has been a bit of a trial but I appear to be back on track. Well, my computer is allegedly fixed so we will see…..hmmmm

I have found March the most difficult month so far, Feb not too easy either. I really think that it is the daily posting which helps me. I have bounced up and down around 71-72 kgs for the past few months.
    Finding FDs good until evenings and then guesstimating ‘ about 500 calories’ and still not being as accurate as I could be.
    Looking forward to April – who is hosting? ( have been AWOL most of March in terms of keeping up with posts)
    Plan to be a daily poster again and … calorie counter😔 for another little while to get back to REALLY being honest with myself as to what actually IS 500 calories and what 1800 calories looks like.
    For me, It has been so easy to get out of the habit of being honest with portion sizes and the ‘ this piece of … won’t matter’. Oh how we fool ourselves!

Day 29 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 76.0kg (BMI 25.1)

I went a full 84 hours (no food) and then started breaking my fast. I didn’t feel like I needed too stop fasting, but decided to stick to plan. This morning my body was working well and I wasn’t hungry. After drinking some water I started a workout. I was sluggish at first but that quickly went away and ended doing more than I planned. It actually felt good. After the workout I was down to 75.4kg. Which is a record low for me.

It was tempting to just continue the fast but I’m stopping for the following reasons.

> I really enjoy eating!
    > This is a stressful time for my wife and I don’t need to add to that stress
    > There always could be something that goes wrong. For longer fasts it would be better to have medical supervision
    > I want to see what the impact of this fast is longer term.
    > I did it once so I can do it again in the future when I have the opportunity.
    > I need to learn how to maintain my fat loss.

Now I know that 75kg is a reasonable goal weight for me. I’ll have to build a lot of muscle before I won’t have enough fat at that weight. I could possibly go lower but 75kg sound nice to me.

This morning my blood glucose in the lower end of the healthy range at 76 mg/dl. That was a goal to have a lower morning fasting blood glucose reading as those have been high for me. I don’t know about my ketones as the strips I’m using aren’t working, probably too old and too much humidity for them. However my bio-impedance measures my visceral fat has dropped while measuring my overall body fat higher. Since fat doesn’t contain much water it is expect to read higher while dehydrated and fasting causes a general dehydration. The scale also gave my biological age as 52, five years younger. When I started using that scale last May my biological age started at 67. Those numbers will bounce around, but it shows that the longer fast was helpful. This is the scale I’m using if anyone is curious. https://www.amazon.com/Omron-Body-Composition-Monitor-Scale/dp/B0020MMCDE/ref=sr_1_10_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1490749948&sr=8-10&keywords=scale+with+body+fat

@lilymartin – Glad you are back I missed your posts!

@hereigo – just 8 months I did my first 30 hour fast and it was horribly hard. It does get easier as your body gets used to it. I only started fasting about 9 months ago.

Day 28 NFD St Louis USA

Still day 28 –

Lilymartin – Okeydokey is hosting the April challenge. She has the link on this forum a page or two back.

Good to see you back.

Day 29 NZ FD

Day 28 & 29 NFD NZ

2nd post – A few effects from my 84 hours fast. (Which actually isn’t that long as many people fast over a week or more. However normally that is done in a more controlled setting and often with some medical supervision in case of problems.)

– My stomach is smaller, I’m eating less and feeling too full. It seems like more than a 10% reduction. I don’t know if that will continue.

– I can’t wear my wedding ring, it slips off my finger too easily. It had been headed that way for some time but it finally got too loose.

– I’m craving water for drinks. Normally I drink a combination of coffee, tea (hot & cold), water and diet soda. Today I did drink two coffees but everything else has been water. (Yea I know diet soda is the most evil drink in the world … sigh …)

Otherwise I actually feel good.

2nd post
    @dykask. Wow, that is a good result.
    I am almost a bit envious of the length of your fast. Unfortunately I probably won’t do another fast until April. I have a house full of guests as in about 9 people coming today for the next 5 days – and I’m cooking!!
    Will try to be mindful and will be eating healthily. I hope they like salads, quiches, fruit platters etc.
    Looking forward to really ramping things up a notch in April.
    With my and others’ experiences I am a bit concerned about sustaining this as a WOL. I fully plan to but have already found that not being able to post daily has meant I haven’t been as accountable as I would like.
    Still, it’s only been 5 months …

Day 29 Glasgow NFD

Anonymous

Day 29 – NL – NFD

Day 29, Germany, NFD

Hiiii everybody aaaand the 84 hrs people there! You are super perseverant! Congratulations for ur great results. And here me… my Fd yesterday was totally easy and fun. Happy to see one month of my fasting restart is over. and Oooops! after one year last night I understood all the while I was calculating my TDEE wrongly and maybe that’s why I did not have remarkable results. Actually, I used to calculate it based on my current weight not my final desired weight. No problem, life is a course of learning 😀
    Have a day of weight loss 🙂

Day 29 UK FD 🌈

Confession – feel I’ve lost it over the last couple of days oh how easy it goes. From Thursday to Sunday I’ve had meals out and throughly enjoyed them, hey life’s for living, fun times with friends and family.
    However Monday and Tuesday I noted as FDs determined to redeem myself, well I didn’t, both times I’ve over ate. So not successful FDs.

@at can you change Day 27 and Day 28 to NFD. Sorry to muck u about.

RIGHT, As the British say when they have every intention of being determined! I now commit to a final three day Fast to see out March and to redeem myself. See if I can limit the damage don’t want to check in at the end of the month higher than what I started.

Good luck all 😊😊😊😊final three days to make March count!!!!!

DAY 28 UK F800

Woke up really early with Brexit uppermost in my mind. The triumph of the tabloids and lying politicians over common sense:(( A black day, so depressing:(( Democracy at it most blatantly defective, just mob rule, the (bare) majority taking rights away from half the people plus all the coming generations and making the world a less stable place to boot throwing out the truth and not believing the facts. The government has been peddling optimistic claptrack because they have to to keep their jobs, but they know what they are doing is stupid, they are just too cowardly to stand up and sacrifice their careers. They are hoping to get rid of lots of inconvienient people and environment protecting laws as a reward for their bad behaviour in order that they and their cronies can make more money. It is probably a good job I am having my broken tooth pulled today as otherwise a comforting binge to add to my despair would be fitting. I have been trying not to think about the political situation but today the deed gets done and we move another step closer to the brink.

Day 29 Hampshire NFD

Day 29 FD Portugal

Going to try another FD today. Get stitches removed this am at dentist. @fatrabbit, I hope all goes well today at your dental visit.

3 days to go…wow where did March disappear?

Day 29, Newcastle UK, FD800 cals

Third day of this week’s 5 b2b 800 calories FDs – this is proving to be the best regime for me because I’m finding it so easy to do. Most days my 16:8 eating window is actually 19:5 with my first meal around 12.30pm and my last at 5.30pm. I do not experience any hunger during the 19 hours as I keep drinking tea, decaf coffee, stock and water at regular intervals.
    @lilymartin – you might consider giving the 800 calorie FD a trial if you are having worries about sustaining this WOL. Similarly @lynzm – yes, life has a way of tripping us up on a regular basis – maybe trial the 800 cals FD and see how that suits you for a 5 day reset.
    @gopackgo – that’s a lovely tradition you have with your sons that they will no doubt remember fondly all their lives and probably carry on with their children.
    @erikaa67 – great results – and good to hear of another avocado & egg on bread fan. I think it’s Nigella Lawson we have to thank for that combination.
    @debster251 – welcome home from your vacation & @annemarilyn – welcome home from your conference. The wagon awaits.
    @dykask – great results, you must be feeling very proud. I look forward to hearing all about your maintenance regime.
    @at – you have been a trooper this month – thanks again for your excellent hosting.

Onwards & downwards – together we are stronger.

March 29 NFD Sydney Australia
    two days to end of the month. clothes definitely looser, food intake is under control, even chocolate slip ups are much less.

Day 29 – NZ – NFD

Day 29, Switzerland, FD

@johnnyr I joined the fast diet in March with a bootcamp mindset to kickstart the umpteenth attempt at losing weight … the story of my life!! ADF was hard at the beginning, but the consolatory thought of being able to eat the next day has kept me going. Fasting has been a true revelation, bringing improvements to my general wellbeing beyond all my expectations (energy energy energy, better sleep, clear head) To be quite honest, I’m pretty impressed that I’ve made it this far, too 🙂 I have been consuming my 500 calories worth of food on the FDs which has mainly consisted of a 2 omelette egg with a handful of asparagus or broccoli at around 4pm and lots of tea (with milk) and clear broth throughout the day. My plan is to gradually shift from ADF to 4:3 and eventually 5:2. I’m also wondering which will yield the best results (ADF, 4:3 or 5:2) but I suppose I will only find out in the months ahead …. yep, I ain’t going nowhere! Exercise is a non negotiable key player in any weight loss regime as well as the individual – we’re all unique and our bodies respond in different ways. It’s definitely not a “one size fits all” … time will tell.
    How long have you been on 2:5 and how much weight have you lost?

@at / @metatauta / @okeydokey Your comments have given me a huge morale booster THANK YOU

Good luck to everyone out there …. 2 days to go and counting!

Day 29 – Switzerland – NFD

Feeling a bit off today, so bumping today’s FD to tomorrow and changing this week from 4:3 to 5:2.

@dykask – thanks for the info on autophagy.
    @fatrabbit – by your side in mourning our departure from the EU. Worried that history will look back at the last 60 years as a rare golden age of peace and prosperity. Good luck with the dentist!
    @erika45 – good luck to you too!

Day 29, London, UK, NFD (much needed after b2b!!!)

I’ve had a craving for cheese this last week, so today I’m having some, I won’t be able to include the wine (Mmmmmhhhhh) which goes fabulously well with it, but I figure my boss wouldn’t like it!!!

My b2b went well and on average for the 2 days I logged in at 530cals each, so my final FD for March will be Day 30 with a (hopefully) controlled Day 31 so my April day 1 weigh-in should be kind!!! March has flown by but I’ve really adopted this as a WOL, so Aprils challenge isn’t completing the FDs, just achieving a target on the scales!!!

I’ve been thinking how to summarize this month…………. The word that springs to mind is ‘easy’, but I’ll let you all know on Saturday when the final results for March will be in!!!

Good luck everybody, BIG push for the final couple of days, WE’VE GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Day 29 Melbourne FD

Could have “eaten a horse and chased the rider” this afternoon (as Mum used to say!)
    I was Famished by 6pm after fluids only all day, and now feel more Human after a piece of grilled fish, coleslaw and a few small pieces of sweet potato and potato.

OH has just switched on MKR… not sure I’m strong enough to withstand a food fiesta on TV, so maybe I will slink away and read.

@erikaa67 – smashed avocado on toast with a poached egg on top….oh my word… is that delicious, or what…

Day 29, Cumbria uk, FD
    Day 30, Cumbria UK, nfd
    Day 31, Cumbria UK, FD

Day 28 NFD Australia
    Day 29 NFD Australia

Super tired – had a few days of junk food while travelling and relocating.
    Will resume fasting in April – so easy to slip back to old negative habits.

Day 29 – FIN – NFD

Last FD of the month coming up tomorrow, and conveniently it will once again be a travel day for me. I don’t really know what to do with the end-of-the-month weigh in since I will be away until Sunday and I’m not sure if there’s a scale I can use in my destination (the reason for the trip might also keep my mind on other things; I will be wearing black).

@bert1802 I agree, it really is a good thing that you are free to make changes to your diet as you see fit. Even though I’m by no means an expert, I do think that this WOL and the fasts makes you pay more attention to what you eat and how it makes you feel and thus help you make more informed choices based on that. For instance, after Monday’s FD I’ve felt like my body isn’t really agreeing with bread so that gives me an additional reason to cut down on consuming it. On another note, happy belated birthday!

@fatrabbit It is saddening that in a time everyone should be looking out at the world and the effects our actions have on it the leaders of the UK (and the USA) have decided to shut their eyes to the outside and only look for internal short-term popular and economic gains that in the long run will be devastating not only to themselves, but to the world in general. Not to mention that – like you said -, targeted, intentional misinformation has been a main factor in driving people to vote for these changes. What will the world come to?

Day 29 – NSW – Aust – NFD
    Day 28 – NFD ,
    This months results won’t be great and i am taking more care in what i am consuming in these last few days. Good luck everyone.

Day 29 UK NFD

Day 29…..Florida…..FD

Thank you everyone for the lovely birthday wishes!

I soooo over did it yesterday! The cat went away, so the mouse got into everything. And I am feeling it this morning!
    Today will be a FD for sure….. if you struggling or just need some extra support, take my hand we will do it together!

I have a shit load of things on my mind today. I guess, the owners tried to fire that girl on Monday but she would not except it pulled on their heart strings and was able to stay. Now, the want to have a meeting with me included so I can voice my objections to her staying. I mean, Unfortunately, I’ve had to let people go so I don’t know why this is so difficult for them, especially since this is a work a will state and an employer doesn’t have to state a reason why they are letting you go. Plus, it kills me she thinks she can just skate along while I do all the work! I’m not looking forward to this at all.

Okay well, I’m must be off. I need to make myself a list.

Peace be with you!

Day 28 – Queensland, Australia – NFD
    Day 29 – Queensland, Australia – NFD

Cruising to the finish. I will post my weight Friday, the last day of the challenge. Hope everyone is reaching their goals!

Day 29 Belfast FD
    It feels like I’m back to square one. I usually love fasting, but am STARVING today. Have a big glass of lemon water here, and have spent all morning drinking black tea while trying to catch up on the posts!
    @lilymartin I so identify with what you are saying! I’ve looked at the same two pounds all month. I’ve not been really motivated since the beginning of March but now have a wedding invitation for the end of May so I’ve the bit between the teeth and a new month is coming. So here we go…..!
    LynzM I laughed when you said ‘right’. My sister’s OH has a parrot which mimics him saying that whenever he comes in the room!
    Here here @fatrabbit; and good luck with your tooth.
    so RIGHT….. back onto the wagon. I’m tying myself on this time.

Day 28 – CARDIFF UK – FD

Starting Weight : 165.5lbs

Today’s Weight : 163.5lbs (2 lb) March Target 8. 5lbs

Not a great NFD yesterday and really struggling at the moment, too much going on. Hoping for a good FD today for an end of month push

Day 29, Germany, FD

Day 29 Australia FD

Really struggled today and went a bit over but actually really happy with that as didn’t think I would be close at all for a while there.

Day 29-Georgia,USA-NFD

Viewing 50 posts - 2,951 through 3,000 (of 3,256 total)

You must be logged in to reply.