🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 758 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  NorthernDawn 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 760 total)

• Day 15 USA/GA NFD

Well Frazzled Friday has had its effect: Back to 251 lbs. How disappointing; no change from last week. Still — pressing on regardless!

Actually, I have been also calculating the mean average weight (as opposed to just the end weight) of each week, as well as the mode. When calculating my average weight, last week was 251 lbs. and this week was 250 lbs. So there is progress being made (thanks to the 240 club!)

Day 16 Melb Aust TDEE

Weight stable for the weekend, so if I can just NOT over-indulge today, this coming week should be DOWN (hope! hope!). Like others, I seem to annul my positive efforts during the week with weekend over-indulgences, so making a concerted effort this weekend to stay in control.

@snowflake56, thanks for episode 2, wonderful!
    By the way, you started this month only 1 kg or so over your goal weight, and that is so much better than late last year. Hang in there, you can do this!

@funshipfreddie, yep, yay, can watch episode 2. Haven’t done so yet, so can’t comment.

@at, I noticed that last week, you were sticking to FD800 for several days, so almost like the group on the show. Did you also go low-carb and high protein?

@brightonbelle, we really are on the same track – yes, also still thinking about it, but I think a few weeks of low carb would be a very good idea. Maybe even one week would help with the belly fat.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

Day 16 Second Post

Enjoyed watching the MM TV show 2nd Episode, but now …… will have to wait ?months to find out the final outcome. Oh no! 🙂

Day 16, Emden Germany, WFD or FD

I had a really good day yesterday, I planned a FD but made it a WFD. After reading my older posts I realized I didn’t have problems with WFDs or LFDs so I went for it and didn’t have any problems. I’m not sure what it will be today.

@flourbaby Thank you so much, your post was the perfect summary of what I’ve been doing for a long time now. I think you’re right, I’m over that point now and I know I can do it.

@at There has to be a way to keep the weight we want without a struggle. Looking back it was easy to keep my weight at 56 kg for ~18 months but then the struggle started, I don’t know why. My goal weight of now 60 kg instead of 56 kg feels like a compromise.

@betsylee One of my problems is rapid weight gain in a short time. After looking at my posts and the tracker I realized my weight goes up if I don’t weigh myself so from now on I’m weighing daily. I think next week the result of doing 3 weeks of 800 cals will be revealed on MM’s show, I understood the participants will have a higher amount of allowed calories after that time.

Pocket list day 16
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 16
    @snowflake56

Have a nice sunday everyone!

Day 16 – UK – CD/OMAD

Good Morning all.

Wet wet wet here. The lawn is very grateful!

Pocket list day 16
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 16
    @snowflake56

Have a lovely Sunday … whatever you’re doing.

Day 16 – Lake district UK – CD

Good morning everyone

Weather still holding out, dry but cloudy this morning, unusual, seems its been pouring in the south of the country while we’ve been basking in hot sunshine!

@brightonbelle – (and other member who I may have confused) apologies for causing confusion, I mentioned that I was having loads of tests and heading for surgery didn’t want a) fuss/sympathy b) negativity creeping into the group. I’ve a lot to get my head round at the moment. Needless to say I’m in the hands of experts!

Having to slow down on the gardening, a) got to make it last b) don’t want to end up decorating again just yet! Although can’t go out for paint/wallpaper etc, I was reading that the UK is one of the few countries that use a lot of wallpaper? I’m not keen on decorating, but not worth emigrating to avoid it 🙂

Take care all

Day 16 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@betsylee – haven’t watched episode 2 yet. But I think it’s being shown weekly in the UK; so # 3 should appear in a few days on YouTube. I’ll keep my eyes peeled 👀

@i-hate-lettuce – I’ve never seen wallpaper anywhere apart from the UK?! I can still remember my Dad struggling with putting it up decades ago; he hated it.

Great news from our president last night – we’re moving to level 2 tomorrow! Many restrictions are being lifted, including the sale of alcohol & tobacco, inter-provincial travel, beaches etc. Unemployment is horrific here, so many businesses have been affected. Hopefully some of the damage can be undone.

Happy S🌞nday everyone

Pocket List – Day 16 🍉
    @snowflake56

ZBC List – Day 16 🚫🍳
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

D16 NFD UK Lake District

Well I finally made it. Yesterday was the first NFD I managed to stay within my TDEE in four days so feel back in control.

Didn’t join the ZBC yesterday as we got up early and went for a 12.5km walk and thought it was better if I had something to eat before I went, but will be joining it today before our swim in Lake Windermere.

ZBC day 16
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

2nd Post – Day 16

Pocket List – Day 16 🍉
    @snowflake56

ZBC List – Day 16 🚫🍳
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @kazoo

Day 16. OMAD London UK

Thanks for putting me on the ZBC list, Brad.

@kazoo – very jealous of your Lake Windermere swim. How lovely. We found out yesterday our local open air pool is closed for the foreseeable. Boohoo. I really struggled to make a couple of swimsuits – they sound easy but they’re not…- but looks like I’m not going to be wearing them any time soon.

Indulged myself with coffee with a bit of double cream this morning, but the cream was a bit old and went lumpy in the coffee. I was determined to drink it, but it’s probably messed up my OMAD thing. Never mind.

Happy ☀️ day everybody.

Day 16, London, UK, LFD

I’m aiming for a LFD today because the weekend hasn’t been one of my best so far this month😜😣…………. 🍷!!

@snowflake56, it took me a long, long time to discover the ease of a LFD, now I know eating anything on a FD isn’t for me!! Too much stress & pressure to stop at 500cals!!!😲

@brightonbelle, your lunch sounds fabulous…………………………….. when it’s that good the calories are always, always zero😉!!!!

I’m also someone who isn’t exactly ‘keen’ on decorating @i-hate-lettuce, however, I WOULD emigrate to avoid it😂😆!!!!!

@funshipfreddie, great to have the restrictions lifted, I hope the mega booze buying 🍺🍷🍻🍷🍾🥂 helps the economy in some way …………………………. If only that’s all it will take😟😢. Unfortunately I doubt we’re going to see an improvement in employment or in the worldwide economy for a long, long time😭😰.

@emma-taylor, Lumpy, off, creamy coffee!!………………… yummy!!!!😁😜😂

I’m in great company today for a LFD!!!

Happy S🌞nday everyone

Pocket List – Day 16 🍉
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby (LFD)

ZBC List – Day 16 🚫🍳
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby

“The Pessimist Sees Difficulty In Every Opportunity. The Optimist Sees Opportunity In Every Difficulty.” – Winston Churchill

Day 16 – USA/GA – NFD

The August plateau continues 251 lbs. at mid-month. Going to try upping my water intake today and maybe go for a walk before the sun or rain appears!

2nd post

How lovely to have your company @flourbaby! I fasted until now but I’m having problems with reading now so I’ll have yogurt with fruit.

D16 NFD UK Lake District

2nd post

Weather not so good here today but that suits me fine.

@emma Taylor. The swim was lovely this morning. The water was quite warm today as we have had several days of sunshine to warm it up. Managed 50 minutes this morning (breast stroke). Have you ever tried “wild” open water swimming? it is very different to swimming in a pool. There are swimming clubs in London. You should give it a go.

@snowflake56. Hope the food helps.

Day 16 Canada NFD

S☀️☀️☀️☀️nday and it’s a beauty 😍😍 with a heat warning. An early bike ride and then back to sorting out my storage in the cool. Had a good NFD yesterday and weighed 60 kg this morning. OH has asked for pasta carbonara for dinner with some delicious Calabrian pancetta for dinner so there won’t be pizza this week 😊

@michelinme hope you’re doing okay
    @songbirdme I listened to an interesting podcast on covid and choirs and thought of you https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3cszcc5q
    ZBC List – Day 16 🚫🍳
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @kazoo
    @flourbaby
    @bellyblast

2nd post,

@snowflake56, the dragon🐉 is roaring loudly for me, but i’m determined to just drown him in lots & lots of water.

I hope the yoghurt helps🙏, remember to stay hydrated, having something healthy & wholesome on hand is better than falling off of the wagon & snacking on everything in sight!!!! I have a miso soup sachet to hand, just in case!!

We’ve got this FD nailed!!!!🙌

Day 16 UK NFD

Just enjoying the last of the weekend and planning for next week Think I’m going to give low carbs a go, should be very easy on the 2 fast days and with some forethought 3 other days are doable , not convinced I can do it over a weekend but I’ll reassess Friday See you for Mega Monday lists x

3rd post

@flourbaby stay strong and drown that dragon! I had 5 liters of water/weak coffee so no dehydration overhere.

@kazoo thanks, the yoghurt with fruit worked very well, I did my workout afterwards.

D16 NFD UK Lake District

3rd post.

Kitchen well and truly closed for the day.

@bellyblast. Enjoy your pasta.

@snowflake56. Love greek yoghurt. Break my fast around 11am on NFD(FDs I avoid breakfast altogether) with greek yoghurt, almonds prunes and blueberries.

FD for me tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Day 16 Minnesota, USA NFD
    Day 15 NFD

Under 170lbs this morning at 169lbs! BBQ this afternoon with DD and her family, as per our usual Sundays. Will stay mindful. I don’t want to blow it and gain any back. Nothing to eat until 2pm or 3pm. Probably no alcohol. I plan to fast tomorrow.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

Funny eating day today with zero breakfast then lunch was at a local historical society fundraiser – Ice Cream Social. Small container of ice cream with a piece of peach pie was lunch. Supper will be Korean bulgogi from Costco – a first for me to fix. DH was in the USA Army back in 71-72 in Korea, and he said he liked it. About to stir-fry it now along with some rice and mixed Japanese vegetables. Going to try to eat nothing more today.

Onward and downward.

Day 17 – NZ – FD
    SW: 85kg
    CW: 83.7kg
    GW: 58kg
    FD today, really need it too!

Day 17 – Japan – WFD #65

The Friday water fast went very well. The weekend was busy and I haven’t been doing a good job of keeping up with this forum. Anyway I’m finding the fasting pretty easy these days. My problem is controlling my eating on a NFD. I just like to eat too much.

Day 17 – NZ – FD

Hi all, nice to catch up on all the posts after busy weekend. Too many treats on Saturday but back on track yesterday with plenty of water, many hours of gardening (first sunny day for a long time) and only a couple of treats.
    Popped on scales this morning & was surprised to read lighter than I was expecting after a weekend so trying to stay motivated today with FD to help towards a good recorded weight at “weigh in Tuesday” tomorrow although the talk of Greek yogurt has got me a little distracted & hungry – yum!
    Take care.

Day 17, Emden Germany, FD

@songbirdme interesting food choices. How was the bulgogi?

@kazoo What do you eat on a FD? I’ll have yoghurt with fruit again today.

Pocket list day 17
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask
    @time4me
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

ZBC day 17
    @snowflake
    @kazoo

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 17 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Todays FD is going to be easy, well until about 7pm. No eats until after a different type of scan today! Appointments at 4pm and lasts for 2 hours, plus at least an hours travelling in each direction, however coffee, then water until I get home. Might be a sandwich in the car on the way home. Love the technology involved with all this stuff, the science fascinates me, also gets me out of ‘isolation’ for 4 or 5 hours.

Great weekend bimbling around the garden and the den/workshop, we were warm and sunny all weekend so made the most of it, with the BBQ in full swing. Dull and damp this morning though, so greenhouse duties and garden planning I think, was going to do the planning earlier, but saved it for a wet day.

Take care all

Pocket list day 17
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask
    @time4me
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce

ZBC day 17
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 17 – UK – FD

Good Morning

Stable weight, find myself on a bit of a plateau.

Take care

Pocket list day 17
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask
    @time4me
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes

ZBC day 17
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Haven’t posted in a few days, very busy weekend with family and babysitting and pizza and burgers and wine and luckily the scales are not punishing me today.

It should be an FD today but my head is not in it. I am at that point where I want to throw in the towel but with no other alternative on the horizon I won’t let myself do it. Just going to take it easy on myself.

@snowflake56 re-reading my old posts from when I started in 2017 might be of help so once I have time I will do it. It worked for you, I hope it works for me.

It’s horrible and rainy, the real essence of a manic Monday…..got to head off to work now. Have a good day fasters, I will join you all tomorrow

Day 17 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

My turn for fun at the dentist today 😱 💉 Just a check-up, I hope 🤞

@daffodil2010 – tomorrow!! We’ll be here. I found the quote below, just for you 🤗

Pocket List – Day 17 🍏
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask
    @time4me
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie

ZBC List – Day 17 🚫🍳
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 17 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” ~ Thomas Edison

Day 17, London, UK, NFD,

We’re now entering the 2nd half of the monthly challenge and as far as I’m concerned the “Danger Zone”. It’s the point where the fat fairy sits on my shoulder and whispers in my ear – “You’ve done a great job for the 1st 2 weeks, it’s time to reward yourself …………………… cake or chocolate? Her sister the wine fairy sits on my other shoulder …………………….. Malbec or Shiraz? Usually I ignore them both and struggle through week 3 only to throw caution to the wind in week 4 and have a few ‘Treat’ days. So, lessons to myself to follow from now onward ………………………….
    – Walk the walk, not just talk the talk, leave the procrastinating & excuses for housework 😀!!
    – Keep reminding myself that this is a WOL, I don’t need to treat myself just for “living”!!! I’m not a child👦👦!!!
    – THIS is a challenge, you’re supposed to find it, well……………………………. Challenging💪!!!!!
    – You could double your achievements from the first 2 weeks😊 rather than halve or reverse them😭, like before!!
    – 3L of water is NOT optional, there are dragons 🐉 and fairies to be drowned!!!!!

I had to resort to a miso sachet to get me through yesterdays’ LFD, it seemed like the best thing I had ever eaten!!! I think I failed to keep myself busy so it was a mental test to get through the day, early to bed was the best solution!!! @snowflake56, you and I deserve some serious halo polishing😇!!!!

@i-hate-lettuce, I can just imagine you at your appointment asking a million & one questions about the equipment and the technicians😍 being ever so patient whilst hiding the eye rolling 👀!!!! I had an MRI last year for the 1st time, the one question I should have asked but didn’t sent me into a minor panic attack ……………………………. “How the heck do I get out of this enormous coffin like thing if there just so happens to be an apocalypse whilst I’m in here & everyone’s dead except for me😱?????” Completely irrational, but sooooooo real whilst I was in it!!!!

@daffodil2010🤗, I’m dragging you back onto the wagon, join me tomorrow in a FD🙏 and we can keep each other company, life IS for living, we just need to find the balance & keep on keeping on!! 💜

@funshipfreddie, good luck with the dentist, I myself now have very mixed feeling after my last experience!!!

Pocket List – Day 17 🍏
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask
    @time4me
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie

ZBC List – Day 17 🚫🍳
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

DTF List – Day 17 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

“It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” Chuck Palahniuk

D17 FD UK Lake District

Damp day here today

@fastingto58kg. Hope the fast goes well

@snowflake56. On FD’s I stick to two meals about 400 calories each. If I have any spare calories then I will have yoghurt. Today I have got a chicken salad for lunch and then a cauliflower and lentil dhal for dinner with a small measured piece of cheese and a rye cracker a total of 707 calories. I use nutracheck to count the calories.

@ihatelettuce. Hope the scan goes well.

@daffodil2010 I felt that that last week. It does pass, just stick with it. Tomorrow is a new day.

@funshipfreddie. Everyone seems to be at the dentist. I went Friday.

@dykask. I always find FDs easier than NFDs.

@flourbaby. Thanks for all your support. I do enjoy reading your posts. I’ll join you and Daffodil in another fast day tomorrow.

Pocket list day 17
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask
    @time4me
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes

ZBC day 17
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce

Have a good day everyone.

Day 17 – 2nd post

@flourbaby – quite ironic about the equipment, I actually have some knowledge about it all, have had quite an extensive tour of the unit some time ago. Now used most of it, only one more bit of kit to go after today!
    One bit of advice I would give anyone, is take no notice of the fearmongers and especially the one in your own head! Secret is to relax and concentrate on other things, I could’ve dozed off on one occasion, eyes closed relaxing, then was asked to breath in and hold, breath out. Just about drifting off, then asked again 🙂

Day 17 UK FD
    Oh ! @flourbaby why didn’t I know about that wine fairy ? Saw a great weight on Friday morning thought wow ! doing well this month I’ll just relax a bit at the weekend and proceeded to eat and drink my own body weight Grrrr I’ve drawn a line under it and annoyed as I am I’ll own it and move on Determined for an extra good week to try and get back on track

Pocket list day 17 🦋
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask
    @time4me
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @brightonbelle

ZBC day 17
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 17 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

2nd post,

You’re so right @i-hate-lettuce, as an experienced yoga, pilates, meditation & mindfulness student I was stunned at just how much my own imagination took control!!! Time started to distort and I think I had persuaded myself that 20mins was actually 3+ hours😂😆, I even moved on purpose (a few times😳!!) just so I could hear the techie tell me to keep still!!! The mind, like the human body is a fascinating machine …………………………………. & we have very little idea of how it works😁, once we do, we’ll replace ourselves with cyborgs ……………………….. there’s that imagination again😂😜😂!!!!

Day 17, NFD, Aus

Just checking in. Am away this week with work which makes FD and wise food choices a challenge for me. However, I’m determined to do DTF! And ZBC of course.

Day 17…..Florida…….. FD

Happy Monday everyone….. slept horrible last night and had the wildest dream, which had me up for a couple hours during the night. Love the husband but he was a bed hog last night, so, I felt like he was right on top of me and I was being pushed off the bed most of the night.
    I don’t feel to bad right now, but we’ll see what happens later in the day…..
    Food wise….. I did a lot of snacking all weekend…..I really need to get that under control this week.
    So my week I’m going to try to have it look like….. FD….M, W, F…..OMAD all week on top of that…..and really work on the snacking.
    Really need to get this second half of the month under control…..

Before I decide to be your ride or die chick, I have a couple questions?
    Where are we riding to?
    Do I have to die?
    Can we stop for food on the way?

Day 17 – USA/GA – FD

August has not been kind. I think I can say I’m on a true plateau as I haven’t seen any substantial changes since July 26. Today’s weigh-in puts me just 1 lb. lighter than that on the 26th. Last week’s 249 was a nice hint that things are poking along in the right direction, but I’m surprised at just how pokey. I’m hoping after today’s FD, I’ll see 249 again. Still within the realm of possibility to hit my goal of 247 before the end of the month, but it’s going to be a really hard push to get there.

However, my waistline did decrease by half an inch during that time, so I’m sure it’s primarily the “dog days of summer” super hot months, the decrease in exercise, along with the return to the stress-filled office with blocked off water fountains, that has put my body in extreme water conservation mode. I’m trying to be mindful to drink more water and put away any soft drinks except maybe one or two a week. In addition, I want to figure out ways to increase my exercise indoors even if it’s impossible due to extreme heat or thunderstorms outdoors. Finally, I need to do an updated calorie check on my FDs (which I think is good — I still seem to have a weight loss effect on the day after), but really look at my NFDs and see if I’m exceeding a lower weight TDEE. Pasta, potatoes, and bread murder a day’s TDEE in such a quick way.

It’s just frustrating to work for weeks to get to a certain weight, and within two days of getting there, the body decides to add a couple of pounds back and hang out there for a while. Come on, take down the scaffolding and fall down to the next level, already! haha

OK, let’s all push for a little more weight loss in the second half of the month. We can do it!

Pocket list day 17 🦋
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask
    @time4me
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

ZBC day 17
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

DTF List – Day 17 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

Day 15 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Day 16 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Day 17 Oxfordshire, UK – CD
    An interesting weekend. I misunderstood DDs message, so by 8.30pm Fri I was imagining all sorts of nasties had happened, while they were relaxing at home. Still ate the Lentil ragu.
    Quick rearrangements for them and they arrived 9.30am Saturday and joined me for my yoga class which was really great. The curries on Sat pm were delicious.
    Sun DH went with DD to collect a wardrobe (Found on a Freecycle site). So Sunday afternoon saw us all drive back to theirs (they only have a mini)with wardrobe and some other bits and pieces retrieved from our loft. They fed us a delicious power salad. Arrived home about 9.30 feeling quite tired. So no alcohol, I know a dry Sunday, unheard of in my house recently.
    Scales rewarded me with no change from Friday morning. That’s the first weekend in a long time that’s happened too.
    @kazoo – its easy to let our mood dictate what we eat, but its only one day. That’s the beauty of this WoL.
    @betsylee, @Brighton Belle – I’ve also been considering cutting carbs too, must be something in the air. I’ve decided to try for the next two weeks.
    Pocket list day 17 🦋
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask
    @time4me
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

ZBC day 17
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

DTF List – Day 17 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

Day 17 USA (Illinois) NFD

Off to Silver Sneakers and piano lessons shortly.

@snowflake56 – the bulgogi was very tasty, and ever so easy to prepare. DH said this had more gristle than he remembered what he had eaten in Korea. Sure was a fast meal, as in quick to prepare.

@northgeorgia – indoor exercise can be quite easy. During lockdown, our Silver Sneakers classes were broadcast on Facebook Live, and I bet they are still “out there.” Others have said they do indoor workouts that are not terribly taxing. What type of exercise are you looking for?

Onward and downward.

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

DH’s birthday celebration continued on Sunday with two sons and great-nephew here, so the day started with a morning brunch after church and then cheese and crackers for a late afternoon snack. I’m still 155.6 this morning, so I guess I have to accept that I gained 3lbs on vacation. I’m finding it fascinating that my weight isn’t fluctuating by several pounds from one day to the next, but stays right at 155.6 for the most part. I’m looking forward to only 500 calories today; I feel all the food in me, and I love that feeling of “empty” the morning after a FD. So, the great Fast5 experiment continues, with me hoping it eventually starts happening that I lose weight, because it’s sure an easy way to “diet.”

@brightonbelle, good luck on the low carb decision!
    @songbirdme, that is indeed a funny eating day! I was interested to read about the bulgogi, and will read about it and consider it ourselves.
    @northgeorgia, I’m so disappointed for you! But your words, “Still within the realm of possibility to hit my goal of 247 before the end of the month, but it’s going to be a really hard push to get there” made me think of the quote that so many of us use and love: “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” Chuck Palahniuk You can do this!!

Pocket list day 17 🦋
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask
    @time4me
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @kazoo
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @bert1802
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

ZBC day 17 🚫 🍳
    @snowflake
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

DTF List – Day 17 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

Day 17 Canada NFD

I’ve had a whoosh and have arrived at 59.5. The ZBC and DTF have certainly helped 🙌
    @i-hate-lettuce you are always so positive, the garden sounds perfect 😊

ZBC day 17 🚫 🍳
    @snowflake
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @bellyblast

DTF List – Day 17 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2
    @bellyblast

Day 17 Second Post

@bellyblast, congratulations on your whoosh!!! What a fun sight that scale must have been this morning! What’s your goal? Whatever it is, to be in the next set of ten is always a thrill!

You commented that DTF has certainly helped. I’ve been resisting the idea, because “life is for living” as someone commented earlier today. But if I really want to be serious about losing the weight, perhaps I should try that for a period of time and see if it helps.

Sigh. Why can’t we all be Audrey Hepburn and stay thin with seemingly no effort???

🙂

Day 17 North Canton OH LFD

@stitchincarol my sentiments exactly- thin with little to no effort. That used to be me and I did not appreciate it at the time 😒

I don’t like the thickening around my waist, and I am tired of taking 2 steps forward and 2 steps back.

I am just feeling really irritated 👀

Pocket list day 17 🦋
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask
    @time4me
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @kazoo
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @bert1802
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames

ZBC day 17 🚫 🍳
    @snowflake
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames

DTF List – Day 17 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2
    @basyjames

Day 17 Minnesota, USA FD

@songbirdme Let us know how the bulgogi was, please. That would be something new to try.
    @snowflake56 Thank you for the link to MM’s second show. It’s a great motivator.
    @i-hate-lettuce I need to spend more time “bimbling” around in my garden. I have lots to do, and the weather is reasonable, not too hot or humid. I may forego a walk to focus my energy on the yard (garden).
    @daffodil2010 I have no doubt you will find your mojo. You’ve been so supportive of the rest of us on this, forum for so long……I’ll keep sending you positive vibes. I know I already feel so much better after losing 6lbs. Not just because of the weight loss (thought that feels great), but mostly the feeling of finally getting myself back in control. It gives me hope! Hang in there!
    @funshipfreddie Great quote!

Must head out for a while. Will read the rest of the posts later this afternoon or evening.

Pocket list day 17 🦋
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask
    @time4me
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @kazoo
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @bert1802
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames
    @northerndawn

ZBC day 17 🚫 🍳
    @snowflake
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @kazoo
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames
    @northerndawn

DTF List – Day 17 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2
    @basyjames
    @northerndawn

Best of luck to everyone.

Day 18 – NZ – NFD
    Hello – using a quick break at work to catch up on posts. Always enjoy reading everyone’s journeys – thank you for sharing the up’s and down’s!
    Weigh in today
    Last week – 67.7kg
    Today – 66.8kg
    Heading in the right direction which is pleasing – drifted off course last night and I’m sure was over FD allowance but scales were very kind this morning.
    Will keep up water intake, limit snacks and would love to break into 65 territory be end of August. Just need to be consistent and not let 1 “naughty” treat turn into a whole day/s or week of bad eating!
    Take care all.

Day 18 – Japan – NFD

Water fast went well. I’m glad that I’m not the only one that finds NFDs harder than fasting!

Day 18, Emden Germany, FD or MFD

@bellyblast Congratulations, you did it!

@flourbaby We did well on Sunday!

@daffodil2010 It did help to read my old posts, I now know that I just have to stick to it to reach my goal. You were there once, if I can do it, you can!

@kazoo Your food sounds delicious. Thanks for the idea of having dhal, I must have a recipe for it, an Indian woman I once knew gave it to me.

@songbirdme What kind of meat did you use? We once had bulgogi with kimchi for dinner made by a Korean woman, it tasted great. They had a table with a grill in the middle.

@northgeorgia Your weight will go down, just be patient.

Pocket list day 18
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby LFD?
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 18
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby

DTF day 18
    @penz

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 18 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I survived?! What is it about the dentist that reduces me to a petrified 10 year old? Once I’m there it’s never as bad as I imagine it will be; the thought of going is worse. I had some awful experiences as a kid though. My dentist when I was 10/11 was an absolute ogre (“move your tongue or I’ll put a hole through it”) My mum would make the appointments for me; but from age 13 I would phone the dentist from school & cancel them.

@stitchincarol – your mention of Audrey Hepburn reminded me of an article I read yesterday – ‘The REAL reason French women don’t get fat’. Although, she wasn’t French; but she was born in Belgium & no doubt spoke the language. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8633273/The-REAL-reason-French-women-dont-fat-Nutritionist-JANE-CLARKE-reveals.html

Pocket List – Day 18 🍒
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby LFD?
    @snowflake

ZBC List – Day 18 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 18 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie

D18 MFD UK Lake District

Good morning everyone

Pocket List – Day 18 🍒
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby LFD?
    @snowflake
    @kazoo

ZBC List – Day 18 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @kazoo

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 760 total)

You must be logged in to reply.