🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 758 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  NorthernDawn 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 760 total)

• Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Thanks for putting me on the pocket list @funshipfreddie, and thanks everyone for the motivation and goodwill yesterday. This forum is great and it’s an essential part of my morning to log in and catch up.

I just have to get my head space right for proper fasting, I was so enthusiastic for two or so years, but this past year it’s slipping and the weight is popping up. Life is just so busy these days that even though I want to do research on blood sugar/insulin or re-read all my posts from the beginning…I just can’t find the time.

Maybe I just need to take a day off work and have some ME time to do the things I need to do. However it’s holiday time in work so skeleton staff so fat chance of a random day off.

I am here with you guys, I am not going anywhere, but the enthusiasm needs a bit of a kick.

Have a great Tuesday.

Day 18 – UK – CD

Good morning everyone

Well yesterdays FD wasn’t quite as easy as I thought! Nothing to eat, only water to drink before PET scan at 4pm, ‘that’ll be an easy FD’ … not! Woke up with the inner warthog growling, righty, throw water at him, quieten him down. Not for long, he was rumbling around in an empty cage, which was more like a swimming pool all day. Don’t think my warthog likes swimming, he was complaining a lot.

No worries about turning up dehydrated that was for certain, drank loads all day. Made a small sandwich to take with me for after the event, it’s an hours drive home. Our DIL is very much into health and fitness, she simplifies food as fuel for a fire (which basically it is) You don’t put all the coal on the fire at once, bit at a time and it keeps the house warm all day. Must admit it works for me, tried water fast and OMAD, neither of which work for me.
    Arrived on time, sods law, they were running late. However, brilliant staff, great sense of humour and I got a drink and a biscuit afterwards from the goody box, “ohh, is that for being good?” “No, we could hear your stomach rumbling in the booth!” 🙂

@funshipfreddie – dentist, hmm not my favourite trip out, same as you as a kid (one occasion went straight from dentist to hospital to ‘be repaired’!) what was it about school dentists back in the 60’s, no doubt there were good ones, but never heard anything but horror stories. Luckily these day have a very nice and sympathetic dentist.

@daffodil2010 – ME time, very important, used to tell the kids when they were young about needing time off and ME time, both of us were very busy workwise. Nowadays they often have a weekend off and know the value of ME time, hope you get some soon!

Rainy, drizzly day today so greenhouse duty and dry out seeds I’ve been saving for next year. Hope my delivery comes today then I have some DIY work to do that is mechanical rather than decorative, replacing some locking handles on the windows, fiddly but easy enough.

Take care all

Day 18 – UK – NFD

Good Morning

Yesterday’s FD went to plan. Scales slightly down but no meaningful loss for about a week. Will just keep on it.

Wishing everyone a nice day.

I can’t see a PL on the page of thread I’m on so can’t copy & paste … sorry.

Day 18 OMAD London UK

@funshipfreddie – I’m with you about the dentist. Except that I wasn’t scared of them when I was a kid and now I am. I think it’s the cold air they blow on my sensitive teeth. It shoots me through the roof. I lost a filling before lockdown, had it replaced and it promptly fell out again. So, in the absence of a dentist, I had to patch it up with a shop bought kit until the dentist reappeared. She is a lovely person, I really like her, but I’m not sure she’s any good. She replaced my effort, and hers promptly fell out. I’ve had to fill it myself again. Do I let her do it again? I just don’t know.

BTW, please feel free to put me on the DTF list. I wasn’t on it yesterday, hence the red wine last night. Help!!!!

Day 18 UK NFD

@i-hate-lettuce Bimbling – love it sounds like something the Wombles did and @funshipfreddie don’t get me started on those horrid school dentists 😤

Continuing to explore low carbs Currently reading Fast800 only a few chapters in but comforted that MM says it’s good to mix up IF / low carb /TRE etc it’s all about finding what works for you , which has been echoed on this forum many times

Have to rush Off to hairdressers will have a good catch up on posts this aft

Second post.

I’m just reading this book about earthing, or grounding. I thought it was a bit brown ricey for me, but it’s fascinating. Basically it’s saying that because we don’t ground ourselves on the earth, with bare feet, we suffer many inflammatory illnesses, which can easily be resolved. It’s like fasting – free, old wisdom that we’ve forgotten. Nobody is selling anything. Personally I think fasting is the most important health discovery
    ever, but hey….

Link – Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever! https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1591203740/ref=cm_sw_r_em_tai_Oy5oFbG3GBEBF

Day 18, London, UK, LFD

I think I got bumped off of the ZBC and onto the pocket list yesterday, however, it was definitely a NFD🍷!!!. Today marks the start of a concerted effort to make the 2nd half of this challenge as successful as the 1st, especially as yesterday’s NFD saw me fall off of the DTF list after a late lunch invitation I couldn’t refuse…………………. And why should I??!!! Lots of water and peppermint tea planned for the day, I’ll try to get a Leslie S. walk or 2 in as well.

@northgeorgia, there’s loads of time left for you to see a permanent reduction to your numbers 👍, lockdown introduced me to Leslie Sansone walking at home, I love it😍 and it really does work!!!!

@bellyblast, congratulations🥇!!!! There’s nothing like a good whoosh or two!!!!

@i-hate-lettuce & @funshipfreddie, I think ‘school or paediatric dentist’ used to be the go-to job for your average closet masochist!!!

Pocket List – Day 18 🍒
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby LFD
    @snowflake
    @kazoo

ZBC List – Day 18 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @kazoo

DTF List – Day 18 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor

You can find inspiration from others, but determination is solely your responsibility.

Day 18……Florida…… FD

So yesterday ended up being more of an NFD than the FD, I was hoping for so we are trying it again today!

Last night, I sat down and really tried to organize my life, establish new goals and plan on how to achieve them……. So, here’s to wishful thinking!

Well….. I’m off the day apparently is not going to wait for anyone

Before I decide to be your ride or die chick, I have a couple questions….
    Where are we riding to?
    Do I have to die?
    Can we stop for food on the way?

Day 18 – USA/GA – NFD

I’m back in the club today at 249 lbs. Pardon the acronyms; I almost thought about doing a ZBC/OMAD today, but instead I think I’ll try a for a CFD just slightly below my goal TDEE, since tomorrow’s a FD anyway. My father is having his afib investigated today, so I’m hoping all goes well for him.

@flourbaby thanks for the recommendation! My inner child still really wants to exercise outside, but it is going to start getting darker earlier and in a few months won’t be possible after work. I’m taking some time off work this weekend, next weekend and Monday (I didn’t realize I had already forfeited half a week of vacation time during the quarantine!), so I’m hoping I can get back into the fresh air again in the coming days. I have a feeling the lack of exercise lowered my TDEE and thus contributed to the plateau.

Day 18 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Yesterday’s CD came at 850 calories, so an unexpected FD really and a loss on the scales this morning too. 🙂
    Hoping for similar today.
    @daffodil2010 – you can do it, maybe your mojo’s on holiday but it will be back and raring to go.
    @time4me & @belly blast – congrats on the losses
    @funship Freddie & @emma Taylor – thanks for the links to the articles something to read to take my mind off eating.
    Pocket List – Day 18 🍒
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby LFD
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @suki2

ZBC List – Day 18 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @kazoo

DTF List – Day 18 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2

You can find inspiration from others, but determination is solely your responsibility.

Day 18 North Canton OH LFD

just popping on to add myself to the lists

@time4me & @belly blast – congrats!

@daffodil2010 we have all been there when mojo was a bit lacking. Just keep treading water until you find it again, and you will find it again 👍

Pocket List – Day 18 🍒
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby LFD
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @suki2

ZBC List – Day 18 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @kazoo

DTF List – Day 18 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2

“Comparison is the death of joy, and the only person you know to be better than; is the person you were yesterday” Rachel Hollis

Day 18 USA (Illinois) NFD

I can’t manage to lose my few extra (over-maintenance) pounds, so one of these days I will really have to do a good FD. Or more. It won’t be today as DH and I have errands in town this morning and will do lunch at our favorite coffee shop. One of my “tasks” this morning is to fully relax at a massage.

@snowflake56 – our Costco has a great meat department where we got the bulgogi in a pan, 3 pounds or so of it, already sliced and marinated with sliced onions on top. The deli clerk said it was ‘prime beef’ that they used, and honestly I didn’t notice any gristle like DH said he did. I just used my cast iron skillet with a little oil and sauteed it up. Most of it is in the freezer for future meals. As I looked at a recipe to make it from scratch, I realized I do not have all the seasonings that it ought to have, namely some Korean ones.

Onward and downward.

Day 18

Rather late posting today. Had a few days off. Went to a VJ concert on Sunday with a cream tea included.
    Have not been keeping check yesterday and today but not aware of any other overeating but am out to lunch tomorrow and will not be holding back as I have not been out for months now and it is my delayed birthday treat.
    Feeling fine health wise but still waiting to hear about any referral.
    For some reason feeling very bloated today and very fat. Have been trying Lucy Wyndham Read’s 7 exercises in 7 minutes daily. Supposed to take up to 2 inches off your waist in a week. Am on day 3 with no change……hmm.
    Has anyone used ketostix to check whether they are in Ketosis? If so were they any good and what brand?

Day 18 Minnesota, USA FD
    Didn’t manage to stay fasting yesterday. Just very hungry later in day, and I know that’s from wine indulgences on Sunday. Stayed under TDEE, though. That’s something, anyway. It sets me up for a successful FD today.

@flourbaby :”- You could double your achievements from the first two weeks rather than halve or reverse them……” That’s going to be my mantra from week 3 through to the end of the month!! Thanks!

Pocket List – Day 18 🍒
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby LFD?
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @suki2
    @northerndawn

ZBC List – Day 18 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @kazoo
    @northerndawn

DTF List – Day 18 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2
    @northerndawn

Have a great day!

Day 18 Canada FD

Another scorcher of a day with a high of 35C, it is going to be another day sorting out my storage mess and will be leaving the bike on it’s rack:( Am looking forward to a FD though, I do love them!!

@stitchincarol thanks, no idea what my goal will be. Maybe 58, will see how it feels. Life is for living is so true but I live too much when wine is involved and that is why DTF has really helped
    @dykask yup those NFD’s can be a big problem
    @snowflake56 thanks, you next!!
    @funshipfreddie I had a dentist when I was 16 who thought anesthesia was a luxury. Hope you are enjoying the easing of restrictions

Have a great day everyone

Pocket List – Day 18 🍒
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby LFD?
    @snowflake
    @kazoo
    @suki2
    @northerndawn
    @bellyblast

ZBC List – Day 18 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @kazoo
    @northerndawn
    @bellyblast

DTF List – Day 18 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @suki2
    @northerndawn
    @bellyblast

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Yesterday’s FD500 was tough. They aren’t usually, but it was the first since we left for vacation at the end of July, so I’m guessing that’s why. I was down two pounds to 153.6 this morning, however, so that was a lovely sight. One more pound and I’ll be back where I was before we left for vacation, LOL!

I watched episode one of the MM YouTube video that someone (FUNSHIPFREDDIE?) posted, and it helped motivate me to work harder. I need to re-read the Fast5 book and see if I’m missing details, but my motivation is high today at least…especially because I have a “summer frock” I want to wear to church this Sunday before the weather cools off enough to make the dress look like an odd choice; in order to wear it comfortably, I need to shrink my belly. I can accomplish that simply by putting less food in my mouth over the next five days, so I’m working at holding onto that goal, and continuing to care even when faced with lots of yummy food choices, LOL!

Many of you have mentioned reading old posts; how do you find them??
    @funshipfreddie, great article. It repeats exactly what a weight loss program I was on said: slow down, savor what’s in your mouth, really think about what you’re eating. That program also asked participants to take a 10 minute break between the first half and the second half of the food on your plate. Shortly after I began the program, I was out to dinner with three friends. One of them is 50, had four kids, and still weighs only 98 pounds. We were all talking, but three of us–who all weigh more than we should–were done a good twenty minutes before she was. Even so, she did eat her entire plate of food. There’s a real lesson in that, just as the article said.
    Aw, Daffodil2010, we’ve all been there, done that. Your approach to just keep reading and posting as you’re able is exactly the right approach; the motivation will return. In the meantime, we’re all cheering you on! And, funny story about the biscuit/cookie “reward”!
    @EmmaTaylor, so awful about that filling! After growing up with a great dentist, I had many adult years of having less-than-stellar dentists; now, we have an office full of wonderful dentists, all women, and all excellent. I have never not appreciated them, but all these stories (@BellyBlast, a dentist who thought anesthesia is a LUXURY????????) are making me appreciate mine even more.
    @flourbaby, great attitude to the last-minute lunch invitation that included wine (or whatever). This is, after all, a WOL–LIFE, not LIMITING. 🙂
    Yay, @northgeorgia, to be back at 249. You CAN reach 247 by month’s end, I’m sure of it.
    @annabelle48, funny you should ask about sticks to measure ketosis; I just ordered some from Amazon yesterday in the hopes they help motivate me to be mindful in my five hours of eating. They’re supposed to arrive this coming Monday.

Okay, I’ve done my menu planning for the week, and I’m off to the grocery store. Have a grand day or grand night’s sleep, everyone, depending on where you are in the world!

D18 MFD UK Lake District

2nd post

Kitchen closed for another day.

@northgeorgia Totally agree with you. A lot of people have issues with NFDs. I know I do. I use nutracheck to record my calories. I religiously fill it in when I am being careful but on my grazing days I just don’t have the heart to see how much I have eaten.

@suki2. Im in a good mood this week and managed to do two FDs back to back.

@time4me. What make are your scales I could do with some of them.

@snowflake56. I like dhal and it is relatively low in calories great for FDs. I use a Deliciously Ella recipe and sometimes add chicken for protein.

@funshipfreddie. I have the book The real reason French women don’t get fat. I am going to read it again.

@daffodil2010 @brightonbelle. Have you tried TRE? I do 16:8. My eating window is 11am till 7pm so I can join the ZBC. I use an app called LIFE to check in and out of my eating window. I check into my fast straight after dinner and I must admit it does stop me eating in the evenings. (Well most of the time anyway). I also watch my carbs.

@ Emma Taylor. Book looks interesting. Have you tried it yet.?

Sleep tight everyone.

@kazoo – I HAVE tried it!!! Yesterday DH and I went to Hampton Court, which has huge gardens and lawns. DH very sceptical – he has painful knees which look quite swollen, and is trying to avoid knee surgery. I practically had to force him to take his shoes off, and we walked for about 20 minutes on the grass. Astonishingly, he didn’t snore last night (phew..) and for the first time for literally months he didn’t spend about 20 minutes in the bathroom coughing and spluttering to clear his sinuses. May not be related but they might be. He hasn’t mentioned his knees, and I don’t want to push it. Very weird. In the book, it says grounding ( or earthing? Not sure…) can help with thyroid issues and varicose veins, amongst about a million other issues relating to our disconnect from the earth. I dunno. Would be nice if it could.

Sorry – @stitchincarol – to answer your query – find one of your old posts and tap on your name, and all your previous posts appear. Simple. 😁😁😁

@EmmaTaylor. Sounds interesting. Might give it a go. I am going to read The real reason French Women don’t get fat again. I read it years ago but can’t remember much about it. I read the article @funshipfreddie mentioned and remembered I already have the book. I googled earthing and open water swimming was mentioned. We do feel better after a swim so I might try the bare foot walking. Bit of a whimp though in case I tread on a stone. I have an under active thyroid so it would be interesting to see if anything happens with that. I have been on thyroxine for 40 years now and stable. This year however something has happened and my medication has had to be halved and I am having blood tests every 3 months instead of yearly.

Day 18 Second Post

@EmmaTaylor, SERIOUSLY?? That easy????? LOL, I had actually clicked on my name before, but only saw the summary blurb I’d written, and hadn’t realized I could/should click on the other options below. Thanks for that; it was fun to scan through my old comments! (And now I know that I first found this group in 2016!)

@emma-taylor – I am so with you about cold on sensitive teeth! Cold air or cold water are about the same. After periodontal surgery 15 years ago, then broken tooth and cap, finally in February the root of this molar was infected. Out it came, and with it the pain of exposed root.

Also, I think anyone who spends money to lose weight is rather extravagant. Fasting doesn’t cost a thing, well, except maybe a new scale!

Day 19 / NZ / NFD
    Hi all – well, after being pleased with a loss at yesterday morning’s weigh-in, I completely went to bits in the afternoon/evening (not helped by work stress/stormy weather). Was not a controlled NFD day – didn’t actually enjoy any of it and felt awful by bedtime, “food” headache & bellyache!!

Am going to start having 2 big glasses of water before eating anything immediately when I get home from work/school pick ups/sports trainings etc!! I really think the extra water I’ve been trying to drink over the past few weeks has helped.

I must re-read the French Women book again – it’s been along time since I have and the other readings re earthing, slow down eating etc. I definitely need to slow down, think and enjoy before, during and after meal times.

Kazoo – I do sometimes wonder if my scales are faulty when they read opposite to what I am expected. They are very old and have given me quite a rollercoaster ride over the years – not taking into account 3 pregnancies and the immediate after-math, my heaviest would be 71.9kg and lightest 57kg (pre-children and training heavily for marathons etc and still had trouble maintaining that weight). Now-a-days, I think I’d be really happy at 62.5kg – a bit of work to do but feeling much better just weighing once or twice a week rather than daily.

Better get on with work – take care everyone.

Day 19, NFD, Aus

Hello all – just checking in.

2nd post

Wow. I just revisited my old posts and learned that I first started 5:2 in Jun 2017 with a goal to lose 5 kg by the end of the year. Now, some 3 years later, I’m wondering why I didn’t stick with the plan. Kicking my old past self and promising my future self that I really really need to incorporate this into my own personal lifestyle. It’s not just A WOL, it needs to be MY WOL.

Day 19, Emden Germany, NFD

@bellyblast The scales said I’m 59,5 kg this morning but it doesn’t really count because this is after having had 4 FDs. Let’s see what it says after a few NFDs.

@kazoo I’ll look up Deliciously Ella.

@songbirdme We have to go shopping on Friday and we’ll try to get everything to make bulgogi at Sunday.

ZBC day 19
    @penz
    @snowflake56

DTF day 19
    @penz

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 19 – Lake district UK – CD

Good morning everyone

Having to be careful with calories with not going out for our long walks, going to battle this out another way, bloody mindedness for one!

We are foodies, which is why I ended up putting so much weight on, love the ‘good things in life’, still love food and drink, but changed things a bit. Alcohol intake reduced considerably, the ‘glass’ recycling box hardly ahs anything in it. Still bake bread, but smaller loaves and mainly wholemeal, Mrs I-H-L has almost stopped baking sweet things.

Been using the Hairy Bikers ‘Hairy Dieters’ books for a while and we followed the series a few years back, all about reducing calories in meals, but not flavour, ie Lasagne, instead of pasta sheets using leeks! Basically top and tail a leek, split lengthways, lay out flat, steam or par boil it and use in place of pasta sheets. The white sauce, just made with semi skimmed milk and cornflour, cheese, a tiny grating of parmesan.
    Tried loads of their recipes and a lot of really good ones, surprising what you can come up with, swapping high calorie ingredients but adding spices or substituting small amounts of strong cheese.

At last, a bit of ‘normality’ been missing it for the last 5 months or more …. Rugby is back ! Monday evening was the return of the Gallagher Premiership Rugby on TV, at weekend there’s a live match on TV, nice to see the guys back in action.

Starting to feel very autumnal already, getting cooler at night, really misty this morning, but the sun already burning it off. Going to be a day in the garden day, might even get round to doing the planning I was planning, but never got round to 🙂

@kazoo – I’m another that has to count the calories, snacking/grazing used to be my downfall, taken me a year to break the habit, but more or less cured myself of it! Even my ‘full english’ has stopped, breakfast treat these days, big bowl of cereal, topped off with loads of fresh fruit, can amount to quite a few calories but nowhere near a fry up!

Take care all

D19 FD UK Lake District

Another fast day for me. 3rd in a row. I really feel like doing this.

Not sure if I want to go for a run today or not yet so I think I will just have another cup of green tea before I make my mind up.

@time4me. I do try not to get on the scales often. I feel frightened of them sometimes not knowing what they are going to say. I was offered a health check at the GP surgery last friday and I was just about to say don’t tel me my weight when she told me i weighed 64kg. I have had this on my mind since then as my ideal weight is 60.1kg. So some way to go yet. Will try not to weigh now till end of challenge. I can tell in my body and know if I have over eaten so don’t need scales to tell me.

@penz it has to be my WOL as well.

@ I hate lettuce. I like the hairy dieters recipes. I use them on NFD’s and Fast 800 on FDs.

@snowflake56. I bought her books second hand from Amazon .

Have a good day everyone and take care.

D19 FD UK Lake district

Sorry forgot to add

Pocket List D19
    @ Kazoo

ZBC day 19
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo

Day 19 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Will have to read posts later. It’s a hectic Hump Day! 🐫 Back on the FD list tomorrow…

Pocket List – Day 19 🍒
    @kazoo

ZBC List – Day 19 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 19 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor

Day 19, London, UK, NFD,

Yesterday’s LFD turned into just a regular FD, I think my meal & wine🍷 out on day 17 was a bit too carb heavy to make yesterday an easier LFD!!

@basyjames, good to see you popping in to say hi, I thought the internet dog had put you off of posting!!!!😂

@i-hate-lettuce, I’m guessing it was a typo ……….”might even get round to doing the planning I was planning” ………… and should have been planting🌿, otherwise it just sounds like my super procrastinating skill is catching😉, I often write ‘to do’ lists which at some point say ………………………….. ‘complete to do list’!!!!!😜

@daffodil2010, I hope yesterday’s FD went well for you🤗 and you’re firmly strapped into your wagon seat!!!! 💪

Pocket List – Day 19 🍒
    @kazoo

ZBC List – Day 19 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

DTF List – Day 19 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @flourbaby

Time for another question I think ………………………………
    Having been overweight since I was a teenager, I saw the weight climbing throughout my 20’s then 30’s particularly after giving up smoking (Not even ONE regret there!!). So ……………………………….How did your weight gain happen – slow & steady or overnight with one swish of the fat fairy’s wand??!!!

Day 19 – UK – NFD

GOOD MORNING ALL

Sorry about caps lock.

Down a lb in a week, which I’m pleased about. I’ll just keep at it.

Stay safe

Pocket List – Day 19 🍒
    @kazoo

ZBC List – Day 19 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

DTF List – Day 19 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @flourbaby

Day 19 – USA/GA – FD

I weighed in at 250, and going into a FD. Should be in the 240s tomorrow, hoping to dip to 248 to get me firmly in the door of the 240s Club, but apparently the bouncer keeps making me wait in line LOL

Yesterday’s NFD was interesting. I tried to be careful about what I ate to see if I could stay under my goal weight’s TDEE. Mmmm… tried to run the numbers at the end of the day. I don’t think I did it — I was really close, but went over slightly. I certainly stayed under 2,000 calories for the day, though. I know I’m retaining water as I have been all month long, but I’m hoping this will help jumpstart today’s FD and prepare me for the weekend. I’m taking Friday and Monday off; Monday is my birthday, so I am moving my next FD to next Tuesday (yikes)!

I know I’ve got to do three things: 1. Keep my NFD TDEE in check, 2. Drink a LOT more water, 3. Start getting some daily exercise again. The back to work schedule has decimated my #2 and #3 goals, but I’m trying to readjust and get back into the swing of things. I think I will do a periodic NFD calorie intake vs. TDEE check every couple of weeks or so while trying to slowly increase my water and exercise. Going to drink two glasses of water after weighing in each morning (but way before having to get into the car to drive to work for obvious reasons haha).

Pocket List – Day 19 🍒
    @kazoo
    @northgeorgia

ZBC List – Day 19 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia

DTF List – Day 19 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @flourbaby

Day 19 Canada NFD

Another good FD done and dusted 😊Drank an ocean of water 🌊

@penz we started this WOL at the same time, I think I have finally made it my WOL. Seems to have taken a long time but it was worth it
    Pocket List – Day 19 🍒
    @kazoo
    @northgeorgia

ZBC List – Day 19 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @bellyblast

DTF List – Day 19 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @bellyblast
    @flourbaby

Day 19 – 2nd post

@flourbaby – no typo, I really didn’t get round to the planning I was planning, although you are partly right in it was planning the planting I was planning later this year for next year, but didn’t get round to it …. 🙂

Hope that’s cleared it up for you, mind you sometimes I can procrastinate on odd occasions now and again, maybe 🙂

Day 19 USA (Illinois) FD

Jumping in to put my name on the pocket list. Silver Sneakers this morning then doing some prep around the house for a couple new arrivals due – a rug for the family room. It’s going to be a huge deal to get the old one out from under shelving and furniture. Hopefully DH and our old selves can manage without calling in help!

Pocket List – Day 19 🍒
    @kazoo
    @northgeorgia
    @songbirdme

ZBC List – Day 19 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @bellyblast

DTF List – Day 19 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @bellyblast
    @flourbaby

Onward and downward.

Day 19 Minnesota, USA CFD

Fairly decent FD yesterday, just under 500 cal. Weight yesterday was up from weekend indulgences, and down this morning but not yet seeing 169lbs (76.8kg) as I did on Saturday, so I am planning to try for a MFD today of 800 or less, but I’ll be ok if I come in under 1000. Planning a FD tomorrow.

Did several repetitions of wall presses yesterday….that’s about all I can manage right now with shoulders popping and cracking……and about 10 squats which really set off my right knee. It complained the last third of my hilly 4k walk. I’ll walk today, but will give the squats a pass. I’m so hoping that I can get back into relatively good shape. Maybe some yoga today.

Pocket List – Day 19 🍒
    @kazoo
    @northgeorgia
    @songbirdme

ZBC List – Day 19 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @bellyblast
    @northerndawn

DTF List – Day 19 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @bellyblast
    @flourbaby
    @northerndawn

Good luck!

Day 19 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Lovely dinner last night, which I calculated out to be well over 1700 calories. That’s for one dinner. Sigh. No wonder I’m not losing on Fast5! There was nothing that was so awful, but the beer and the peach crisp were the biggest calorie counts. But, how often can you make a crisp with fresh peaches and have it come out one of the best crisps you’ve ever made? Honestly, I’d do it again. Today’s dinner will be less than 1000, so that’s much better.

@EmmaTaylor, I remember hearing about that book about going barefoot when it first came out, and I’m just “California hippy” enough to believe there’s lots of truth to be found in the concept. I hope your husband has continuing great results!
    @kazoo, a concept that I learned from Why French Women Don’t Get Fat (or whatever the actual name is) is this: they take a bite and savor it. It’s about the best thing they’ve ever eaten, so they take another bite and savor it. It’s still really good, so they take a third bite and savor it. At this point, it’s no longer glorious, so they don’t bother with a fourth bite, because they’ve learned it’s only the first few bites that are glorious, but after that, the glory dissipates because you’ve already had some. Apply that concept to chips/crisps the next time they beckon, and it’s really true, except there’s that addictive combination of sweet and salty that’s been calculated to get you to keep eating the whole bag. (Wait. YOU all do that also, right????) 🙂
    Okay, now here’s my own article to contribute to the discussion: https://www.sciencealert.com/read-this-before-you-try-any-of-these-intermittent-fasting-diets#:~:text=Time%2Drestricted%20eating%20(TRE),to%20as%20%22feeding%20windows%22. It actually doesn’t scold us into eating breakfast–but it also says that, although we’ll eat fewer calories in the day, we’ll also BURN fewer calories in the day if we skip breakfast. And I immediately thought of what Mom always said: Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, supper like a pauper.
    @penz, yeah, coulda, shoulda, woulda, right? I’m right with you in that club. When I got down to 137, why didn’t I fight harder to STAY there?????? Now I have 17 pounds to lose just to get back there, and then consider how much lower I would like to go. sigh. This is where @at‘s saying fits perfectly: “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. and when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

The question: I”m 5’4″ (or at least I was then before age took away an inch) and I weighed between 105 and 120 during my high school years–and felt fat, because I have a big butt. (My DD tells me big butts are very fashionable these days. They weren’t when I was in high school.) Then in my 20s, I weighed 112 until my early 30s when I weighed 132. (112 was SKINNY. It was fun, but it was SKINNY, even though I didn’t realize it at the time. I thought I was simply “thin.”) Being at 132 was a lovely and thin-enough weight, but, again, I felt overweight. Then my DH sold his store and returned to college and seminary and we moved to a different state twice, and my weight shot up to 147…and eventually to 166. Now I’m fighting to at least be in the 140s, but preferably in the 130s and MAYBE even to 125.

Okay, enough typing! I love to chatter, but I have things I ought to be doing, and you certainly don’t need to read a novella from me, LOL! Have a great day, everyone!

Day 19 Second post

That link didn’t come through, so I’m trying again:
    https://www.sciencealert.com/read-this-before-you-try-any-of-these-intermittent-fasting-diets#:~:text=Time%2Drestricted%20eating%20(TRE),to%20as%20%22feeding%20windows%22.

Okay, now I’m editing. It still didn’t come through active all the way to the end. Let me know if it works, and if not, I’ll figure out how to get the link posted so it does.

Day 19 UK NFD

All going well , will be fasting tomorrow @annabelle48 I bought some Keto sticks on eBay Look like the ones MM used £5.25 incl P&p and arrived the next day sold by homehealth-U.K. No change on mine yet but it’s only been a couple of day Hoping for a change by end of week

@flourbaby I’ve “struggled” with my weight since late teens , I think it was the socialising (drinking ) that did it I remember been early 20s and been horrified I’d gone up to 9st 2 Ha ha if only I knew then , @stitchincarol – sound familiar? in between kids so around 24 years ago joined WW and got back to that weight ,
    Not seen 9s since Have been in 10st (140lb) a few times which is my current goal , currently 10lb off, have a holiday booked for October 🤞and I really think it’s doable .The real challenge is keeping it off

Day 19 – UK – FD800
    Day 18 – FD600
    Day 15-17 – Definitely NFDs

Not sure why I did not manage to post for the past few days……started so well with a FD on Monday too but then my motivation just went AWOL and so maybe some guilt for a fairly indulgent few days 😈

Eventually managed to RESET with a FD600 yesterday and a FD800 today hopefully 🤞
    Food shopping this morning then a brisk 8.53km walk early this afternoon before the predicted rainfall hits us.

Made DH a rhubarb and apple crumble with the last of the rhubarb from our garden and I just had to have that small serve which took me nearer 600cals otherwise I was going to be well under 500cals….felt OK about it as I came in at under the 600cals anyway…..

@stitchincarol – hope your OH had a great birthday and his birthday meal sounded delicious
    @brightonbelle – your lunch also sounded yummy – I love, love fresh crab 😋
    @betsylee – my FD800s were unfortunately not low carb but relatively healthy non the less
    @snowflake56 @daffodil2010 @songbirdme – You are not alone with your struggles this year – I’m not sure why but this year has been a struggle for me too regarding staying in maintenance especially after maintaining rather easily for the past few years!!! I used to sit happily around 53-54kg but now sit around 56-58kg, however always pulling back to 56kg by the end of each challenge month but it is a struggle!!!!!!! Can we blame it on our enforced change of lifestyle this year???? TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!
    @snowflake56 and @kazoo – have you greek yogurt lovers tried Kefir yogurt?? wonderful taste and lots of good bacteria for your gut too – if you see it give it a go 😋
    @bellyblast – isn’t a “whoosh” just the best feeling 💃
    @time4me – well done another kg gone
    @flourbaby – in answer to your question – weight gain was slow and steady over my last year at work before retirement, and OH and I were living apart for about 5 months whilst we set up our new home in the Lake District and I remained at our old house in Suffolk and the weight gain took a rapid rise over those last 5 months……

Can’t add myself to the DTF club as I indulged on Monday night…….sigh…..

Pocket List – Day 19 🍒
    @kazoo
    @northgeorgia
    @songbirdme
    @at

ZBC List – Day 19 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @bellyblast
    @northerndawn
    @at

DTF List – Day 19 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @bellyblast
    @flourbaby
    @northerndawn

Must remember that “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. and when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 19 North Canton OH LFD

@flourbaby great to be missed!!😁 I log on most mornings, start typing my post, get distracted, minimize the window with plans to complete later. The next thing I know the day is half gone and I still have my half typed post minimized on the screen🤷‍♂️

My 18 year old moved in to college for her fresh man year and I am having all kinds of headaches because she is having difficulties adjusting. She wanted to be independent so bad but now she realizes how much she needs her parents. It’s exhausting. But this too shall not last 🤞

Pocket List – Day 19 🍒
    @kazoo
    @northgeorgia
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames

ZBC List – Day 19 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @bellyblast
    @northerndawn
    @basyjames

DTF List – Day 19 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @bellyblast
    @flourbaby
    @northerndawn
    @basyjames

Good luck!!!!

Day 19 UK

Have just arrived home after a splendid lunch out with champagne. Didn’t even think about calories. Problem is now I’m feeling so stuffed I am uncomfortable. Didn’t go overboard with food but just not used to eating a meal at lunchtime so can’t wait until tomorrow when the bloated feeling will be gone. Will have to be very circumspect eating out in future.

@ BrightonBelle. Thanks for information re ketostix. I have already ordered some but will bear yours in mind if mine are no good. I had to pay postage so you got a better deal than I did. I guess from your tag that you are in or near Brighton. Have you ever travelled on the old Brighton Belle. I did many years ago when it was running, quite luxurious.
    @ i hate lettuce I also use the Hairy Bikers books. Some of the recipes are very good.
    @ Emma Taylor very interested to hear about earthing. I often walk around the house with no shoes on but it is on carpet. Does that count?

Have read about FrenchWomen before. I know fat French women. I think the message is not so much being French as slowing down eating and the thinness angle applies to women whatever their nationality.
    The thin French women I know are all very preoccupied with ‘la ligne’ and watch their weight like mad.

Looking forward to the last installment of MM programme tonight to see if it has worked. Hope it has and will inspire me.

In the words of Scarlet o’Hara, ‘tomorrow is another day’.

D19 FD UK Lake District.

Post2

Well I managed my run this morning after an altercation with a cyclist who was on the pavement not the road. He was very rude and upset me for the rest of the day.

Kitchen closed early today as I got mixed up with the time.

@flourbaby. I think I was born over weight. I have struggled as long as I can remember. My uncle used to call me Mitchelin man like the one that sat on top of the land rover advertising tyres. My grandma told me to get a paper round at the age of 13 to help lose weight as it had worked for my uncle. As you’ve guessed it didn’t for me.
    When I was in my early 30’s I joined WW and got to my goal weight. I became a leader for a very short while and felt really good all dressed up to go to class. My husband bought me a lovely jumper for christmas and I felt lovely and slim in it but was told by WW that I couldn’t wear that as it wasn’t to their standards. I left there shortly afterward as it wasn’t for me and eventually all my weight plus more piled back on.

@judyjudes. Well done on your loss.

@NorthGeorigia. Hope you make the 240’s club tomorrow .

@stitchincarol. will read your article later.

@emma Taylor. When out for my run this morning I saw a man walking barefoot and thought of you. I wanted to ask him why he was doing it but was so out of breath then. I’ve bought the book to read after I have finished the French Woman book.

@at I have not tried Kefir. Will have to give it a go.

@basyjames. I am sure your 18 year old will settle soon and have the time of her life. I think it will be quite different for the freshers this year due to Covid

Have a nice evening everyone and see you all tomorrow

Day 19. OMAD. London

@annabelle48 – I think you actually have to have your feet on the ground, or BE grounded by using a grounding sheet or mat which is has a connection into the earth, either by a rod or by being plugged into the earth socket at home. I’ve ordered an earthing sheet today to put on our bed. DH probably won’t make the effort to walk on the ground but he will go to bed! I’ll keep you posted. He’s very sceptical but I think it might work.

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – LFD

Late post as I was catching up on my very first posts from 2017 when I discovered LFD’s and the wonderful weight loss effect they had on me. So I have actually motivated myself and am doing my first LFD in about two years. Hopeful to stay on course and see a result at the end of the month.

So far it’s been easy. I will be back tomorrow morning to check in as usual.

Day 20 Melb Aust TDEE

It’s been a strange few days, not feeling 100%, so no posting. Weight is varying up and down a little, but no drastic negative changes. Not pushing to fast today (as I should after the past few days), but will have my regular FD tomorrow.

@i hate lettuce, I really got a chuckle out of your description but before (roaring warthog) and after your PET scan (rumbling tummy).

@northgeorgia, an exercise suggestion that has been working for me for the past several months, and especially now as Melbourne is in a stage 4 lockdown – I housewalk, up and down from one end of my home to the other. Sometimes I have the TV on as something to listen to, and I just stride away, making sure my turns are like a figure of eight so I don’t get dizzy (i.e., turn one way at one end of the house, turn in the other direction at the other end).
    At the moment, most days I do a 40-50 minute walk in the mornings, and then I can relax and just be normally active around home for the rest of the day. I certainly feel the benefit of raised endorphins, and my fitbit registers it as either walking or elliptical because I swing my arms. The greatest thing about it – the weather doesn’t matter. It can be hot, cold, wet or dry, I can happily walk away. My heart rate goes up satisfactorily and my fitness is maintained. You could even do the same walking or running on the spot, but you use different muscles by striding out and for me, it seems easier on the knees.

Sorry to rave on. It’s just so simple, and it works. And using the weather as an excuse not to exercise is no longer valid. Of course exercise outside when you can, but indoors works if you can’t be out.

@michelinme, @ciren2, hope you’re both around, lurking if not posting. Stay well!

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 20, Emden Germany, NFD

@i-hate-lettuce I’m at bit late with this but the Dutch and Germans also use wallpaper. We bought new wallpaper for the small entrance hall (parrots) and the downstairs cloakroom (bugs) last week. I think we’re the only ones that like it, but it’s our house and we have to look at it everyday. It’s not on the walls yet.
    https://www.hornbach.de/shop/Vliestapete-108229-Kaefer-blau-holografisch/10245899/artikel.html
    https://www.hornbach.de/shop/Vliestapete-630207-Paradisio-Floral-Papagei-gruen/6573529/artikel.html

@kazoo I try not to order anything online so have to find the book somewhere else.

@basyjames I hope she will settle in eventually. It’s not easy to live on your own, she must feel lonely without your help.

@daffodil2010 I also found out how well I did with LFDs in the past by reading my old posts. I had forgotten it.

@at I’m afraid in my case the sweets are causing the problem, I have to stop eating sugar. I tried kefir but missed the creamyness of yoghurt.

@flourbaby I always was slim until we moved to Emden in 2011 and I worked as a practice manager. Patients bring in loads of sweets and in 6 years time my weight went up from 56kg/123lbs to 72.9kg/160lbs. Port and cheese in the afternoon also contributed to the gain. We try to keep the sweets out of the house (but we now make our own) and hardly drink any alcohol anymore.

ZBC day 20
    @penz
    @snowflake56

DTF day 20
    @penz

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Storm Ellen rampaged over Ireland last night and right now we have had no power since Midnight so as its 8am I don’t have any idea what is going on as no wifi. Need to go old fashioned analog. I will catch the news in my car.

Posting but not sure if this will make it. Great LFD yesterday. Going for LFD with OMAD dinner of chicken legs and see what tomorrow brings. I think I have found my mojo and it was 2017 Daffodil2010 that provided it.

Looking back at past me made me realise how good it was then. I hope this posts, if not, I will hopefully get back on this evening…surely power will be restored then?

Oh lost 2lbs on my LFD!!

Day 20 – Lakes UK – FD

Good morning everyone,

What a glorious morning,

Got to be a FD today, just about managed 5k steps yesterday and burned off 320 calories, but just as well, Mrs I-H-L made a beef curry yesterday and I only just managed to keep under my BMR of 1825. Exercise is more tiring just at the minute and I’m having to self isolate, so being very careful.

@kazoo – re the jumper not being up to WW standards, what a load of cobblers, that’s why I don’t generally join in a group thing! But there are always exceptions, this group have been a bit of a revelation, no criticism, just help and advice … and I can sit here in my Warthog onesie and no one cares 🙂

@snowflake56 – You have my sympathy with papering, oh to live in a more modern property with flat walls!

@betsylee – I’ve not lost my sense of mischief and humour yet, not sure if I’ve been picked up yet on putting my name down on the DTF list, on Thursdays! 😉

Take care all

Pocket lists Day 20

FD day 20
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

ZBC day 20
    @penz
    @snowflake56

DTF day 20
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 760 total)

You must be logged in to reply.