🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 758 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  NorthernDawn 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 760 total)

• @hedwig6 – (these are for you💐) – has been kind, & talented, enough to set up the spreadsheet for this month, add your name, don’t add your name, use it, don’t use it!!!!! It’s optional & flexible & entirely up to you!!!! I’ve stuck it at the beginning just so it’s easy to find ….………………………………………………

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e8it4GrcdHpda1Pk0LVKtCxFeBZ5lADkVCLpIydYzUw/edit?usp=sharing

So, ……………………………………………….. Welcome to 🎆Auspicious August🎆!!!! It’s hard to believe that @coda started these monthly challenges🙏 way back in May 2016, but that’s testament to just how invaluable the amazing support, advice and friendship has been for many of us to start and continue on our 5:2 journey.…………………….. These challenges are the ULTIMATE aid to success!!!
    There are no hard & fast rules to follow, but we’ll stick with what has always worked ………………
    • DO start your post with the day of the month; your location (as general as you like, no stalkers please), as it’s nice to see just how international we are; and the type of day you intend to have (FD,NFD, WFD, CD etc see list below) So for me 1st of August will be “Day 1, London, UK, LFD”
    • Do give a quick intro about yourself in the very first post, what are you hoping to achieve from this Way of Life (WOL), your journey so far including ups, downs & the dreaded plateaus😱!! Also if you want to share, include your starting weight and any other measurements (waist, hip, bust etc) you aim to keep track of throughout the month. You can record this on the spreadsheet …………………. or not!!!
    • You can add as much or as little to your posts as you want or as time dictates, we all have lives to live!!! Questions, queries, thoughts, musings, moans, secrets(non-criminal only😜!!) and of course successes, in fact ………………… anything you feel like you want to share with the rest of us strangers, anonymity has its rewards!! Had a good day? – Let us know. Had a bad day? – Let us know. Hanging on for dear life by your last remaining fingernail? – Definitely let us know, there’s always someone here ready to drag you back onto the wagon!!!
    • Log on as many times as you want to, there’s always someone online, which is the beauty of this international forum, we cater for ALL time zones😂!!! There will be someone to answer any queries, or offer support & advice if you need it!!!
    • RIGHT THEN!!!! – My own personal aim as the host of this challenge! – I need, want, require, request……………………. Demand a concerted effort from all challengers to just ………………………………………….. Do IT!!!! You know you want to, you’re sure you need to, you’re NOT alone (As your host, imagine I’ve moved into the spare bedroom, pom-poms at the ready!!!!)………………………. We can & we will!!!!
    • I’LL GIVE YOU 31 MINDFUL DAYS IF YOU WILL RETURN THE FAVOUR!!??
    Originally there were small groups doing their own mini-challenges (B2B2Bs, LFDs etc) – called ‘pocket fasters’ or ‘pocketeers’ – they would set a target and support each other through it, either writing down the list of participants and keeping it in their pockets or just by visualising fellow pocketeers would give you much needed support if things got tough!
    Recently, there have just been FD pocket lists, however there have also been mini challenges/groups ………………… DTF (Dry ‘til Friday), Egg fasters, Hula-hoopers, Plank challengers and Club Tor-twah🐢 – not a club you want to join, for us slow, slow losers!! ………………………….. Anyone can start or join one of these groups or even start a Pocket List – it’s entirely up to you.
    I’ve started a group already (I really don’t need breakfast on a NFD ……………. Unless it’s at 2-3pm😜!!!), just copy, paste & add your handle to the other participants planning to extend their fasting window at least to lunchtime …………………………………
    “The ZBC – The Zero Breakfast Club” – @flourbaby, @penz

You may have some questions that have already been answered, so try this wonderful thread from @simcoeluv

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

I’m looking forward to reacquainting myself with old friends and getting to know the newbies! The first thing we can all do is pat ourselves on the back for making such a fantastic decision to look after our future health. Just being here and challenging yourself to do this for at least 1 month (You can do anything for 1 month, can’t you???) means you’ve got at least one foot on the right path, but be realistic, JUST DO YOU!!, fight hard, think big and believe, because …………………………………………………….

“IT’S GOING TO BE HARD, BUT HARD IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE.” Chuck Palahniuk

“THE List” ……………………………………….

Here’s the wonderful list of abbreviations used throughout this challenge and added to on an ongoing basis:
    16:8 – 16 hours fast 8 hours non fast
    5:2 – 5 days NFD:2 days IF
    ADF – Alternate Day Fasting (FD – NFD – FD – etc. etc. etc.…….)
    B2B – Back to Back (consecutive FDs)
    BMR – Basal metabolic Rate
    CFD – Controlled Fast Day (a FD below your goal weight TDEE, whatever that is!!!)
    DH,DD, DS – Darling Husband Daughter, Son
    DTF – Dry ‘Til Fri (for those limiting the booze to weekend only ………….. & aiming for sainthood!!!!)
    EFS – Epic Face Stuffing (we’ve all had one of those days……………. Definitely due to a faulty OFF button!)
    FD – Fast Day (500 cals)
    HUNGER DRAGON 🐉 – that dreadful psychological beast that sometimes cannot be satisfied. Some people even name theirs (e.g. @i-hate-lettuce has an inner warthog!)
    IF – Intermittent Fasting
    Keto – way of eating that generates Ketones
    K.I.S.S. – Keep It Simple Stupid!!!………………or Sexy!!!
    LC – Low Carb way of eating
    LCHF – Low Carb High Fat way of eating
    LFD – Liquid Fast Day (incl. tea, coffee, miso, bone broth & water)
    LOL – Laughing Out Loud
    M/WOAM – Man/Woman on a Mission (courtesy of @i-hate-lettuce)
    MFD – Modified Fast Day (800 cals) on the new Fast800, it’s a FD
    NFD – Non Fast Day
    OH – Other Half (eg spouse/partner)
    OMAD – One Meal A Day
    PFDS – Post FD Smugness (courtesy of @penz)
    TDEE – Total Daily Energy Expenditure (see the ‘how it works’ link on the home page to work out yours)
    TRE – Time Restricted Eating
    WFD – Water Fast Day (Water only)
    WFH – Working From Home ……………….. Covid-19 enforced!!!
    WOL – Way of Life
    WOCA – Women Of a Certain Age
    ZBC – Zero Breakfast Club

Hello @flourbaby 🙂 Reporting in. Thank you for hosting 🙏

Thanks so much, @flourbaby !!! I’m in. 🙂

Thanks @flourbaby. Count me in for August. Hot day in London today eh? I stayed inside sewing, made a hash of a skirt ( rushing). Then went out for a walk in the cemetery across the road, which is still lovely. OMAD still seems ok, but I’m looking forward to a drink tomorrow. 😳😳😳

I’m in for August and will face a new challenge as I return to the office. Some say it will be easier to fast while at work; we will see!

Hello @FlourBab. LOVE the forum heading; LOVE the enthusiasm, and LOVE the excitement and tone in your welcoming post. It WILL be a great month! And thanks for including me in the ZBC (though if i could indulge in one of @funshipfreddie‘s Full English I’d suspend my membership for the day)!

@flourbaby I am in! 👍

thanks for hosting @flourbaby and also a thank you to @hedwig6 for making the spreadsheet. What can go wrong when we have such an enthusiastic host, I loved your introduction post, very uplifting.

Count me in please @flourbaby; & thanks for the entertaining intro! 🤣

I’m in ! See ya tomorrow

I’m in too 😎

@flourbaby – thanks for looking after us for August!

I’ll be here in the morning ….. 🙂

I’m in…….. off to find my ending!

Hi @flourbaby, I’m in for August.

Remember the other acronym – MIA, meaning “missing in action”, when someone hasn’t posted for a few days.

Hoping for a more sustained loss in August (having regained most of what I lost in July in the final several days – mid-winter here, and COLD!).

However, August will be a month of major success, whatever the pandemic is trying to throw at us! 🙂

Second post – are we having a daily ZBC list, because I will certainly shine there 🙂

I’m in as well!

I’m in! Thanks for the lovely flowers, @flourbaby. I’m putting them on my nightstand!
    Your intro post was very inspiring.

I had a very unsuccessful month in July, so my main goal in August is to build my commitment muscle, and to focus on small process goals rather than weight goals.

Here are a few things in particular that I’d like to work on this month:
    – eating healthier on FDs and NFDs, paying particular attention to fruit and veg intake.
    – planning and preparing for FDs and NFDs, and following through on the plan.
    – not turning a broken FD into an eat-whatever-everything-is-shot-anyway day.

@flourbaby, I’ll be in for August. If there’s one thing I excel in it’s not eating breakfast so,I’ll happily join the ZBC gang. It’s the rest of the day that’s problematic.
    Hoping for a reset in August, I need to stop giving myself excuses to have that nice meal or glass of wine and get on it properly.

Day minus 1,

💕 💜Welcome everybody 💜 💕!!! @judyjudes, @songbirdme, @emma-taylor (between yesterday & today, I hope the heat melted 5-6lbs of fat off of my bum🙏!!!), @northgeorgia (I always believed it was easier to fast at work, however, WFH turned that on it’s head!), @penz, (We’ve got this!!), @prettyhelen, @snowflake56 (thank-you!), @funshipfreddie, @brightonbelle, @bert1802, @betsylee (you & I may have shared a similar final week to July, daily ZBC to make it a habit I think?), @stitchincarol, @hedwig6 (We need to keep pumping💪, otherwise the fat fairy starts visiting far too often!!!), @saffy420.

That’s it for the moment, I anticipate a few more joiners tomorrow.
    I think it’ll be easy to commit to the ZBC since it’s a no-brainer on a FD and makes NFDs less of a struggle/battle/ WAR to stay out of the kitchen & stop the eating avalanche in it’s tracks …………………. 31 days of ZBC!!! Easy!!!!

“ZBC”
    @flourbaby, @emma-taylor (since you’re OMAD!), @penz, @betsylee, @saffy420

See y’all tomorrow for another Day 1 reset!!!!

You can find inspiration from others, but determination is solely your responsibility.

Hello

I am not new to this WOL but new to the forums. Would love to join you for some accountability.

@flourbaby – what a marvellous tittle for our August Challenge – I will be joining in and hoping to regain my motivation and ensure that I drop back to mid maintenance range.

Weigh in tomorrow morning will let me know what I need to do but I do know that I need to control both the wine and the carbs!!!

BTW I am definitely in “The ZBC – The Zero Breakfast Club” as I too don’t break my overnight fast until late morning or lunchtime.

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. and when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day before……Florida

Just a quick, quick here…… I actually started Nov. 2016, stayed faithful for years….. decided that sitting in the dirt on the side of the road would be fun…… let me tell you it was not….. So here I am!

I’ve made some decisions and did reconsidering of options and looking forward to executing those ideas in to long term practices……

So, tomorrow is the day!

I’m so excited….. here is my Aug. ending! Hope you all enjoy!

Before I decide to be your ride or die chick…..I have a few questions.
    Where are we riding to?
    Do I really need to die?
    Can we stop for food on the way?

USA. Day 1. FD

I wasn’t able to see who is in charge this month with the difficulty I have reading posts but I am in! Good luck, everyone!

USA. Day 1

I am thinking Fourbaby is our leader this month, so thank you! Will post whenever my computer lets me! 🙂

Hi all, I’m in.
    I’ll post more tomorrow.

Day 1, NFD, Aus

1st of August – happy birthday to southern hemisphere horses. And hello everyone!!

I’m having brunch with friends tomorrow at 11am. Does that expel me from the ZBC?

Day 1, Emden Germany, FD

Hi everyone!

I’m a Dutchwoman living in the North of Germany, married, owner of an adorable cat, 64 y.o, 163 cm/5ft 4in tall. My weight was 56 kg/126.5lbs all my adult life until starting a new job in 2011 where my weight crept up to 72.9 kg. I read the book and joined the challenges on and off from March 2017 on. I lost 20 kg very quickly but gained much of it back. Starting weight this month 61.4kg/135.3lbs (the same as last month). My goal weight is 60 kg/132.3lbs.

@penz it’s not breakfast and almost noon if you start eating.

I’m joining “The ZBC – The Zero Breakfast Club” so now it’s @flourbaby, @emma-taylor (since you’re OMAD!), @penz, @betsylee, @saffy420, @at, @snowflake56

Pocket list day 1
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 1 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Yay, first day of a new challenge! It’s a bank holiday weekend in Ireland so I am going to relax and enjoy after a hectic week of long commuting to the city for work. It’s now over, it went well, back to normality next week.

I am 53, female, 5’2″, have been on this WOL since July 2017 where I Lost over 30lbs….unfortunately have put back on some of that….but I keep on trying. August will be a good month.

Thanks @flourbaby for hosting……well done on taking up all these things recently that you didn’t think you could do and then excelled at them (FD at home, LFD, WFD….now this month’s host…) 😄 Looking forward to you steering the wagon this month.

Day 1 – Lake district UK – CD

Good morning everyone

Another fresh start, the monthly challenge never feels too onerous, it’s just a relatively short time, but stitch them all together, brilliant.

I’m Barry, a 65 year old guy who through the last 12 monthly challenges has managed to lose 37 lb, still a way to go, but have settled into this WOL. Tried experimenting to alter things around once or twice, trying to lose a bit more on odd occasions, but no, always come back to basics …. it works fine!

Currently = 228 lb or 103.4 kg, due to the weight loss, medication was reviewed and some stopped, which has to be good. It may be a slow process but, it does work.

Not good with groups usually, but call in on the monthly challenge each morning and find it helpful reading the posts of the gang on here.

@daffodil2010 – Glad to hear you’re managing a break and then going to be ‘normal’ again next week 😉

@flourbaby – Turned up as promised, thanks for hosting this month, will try and not sit so quietly on the bus this month!

Take care all

Day 1 Lake District UK NFD

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum but would love to join you all in the August challenge
    I started my weight lost journey this time round early in 2019 calorie counting. I started TRE in May 2019 and in October 2019 did the Fast 800 where I got to my goal weight. Since then I have really struggled to maintain and am now 3kg above it.
    My challenge for August is to continue with 16:8 and incorporate 5:2

Looking forward to meeting you all and hearing your stories.

Day 1 UK NFD

Morning all , I’m 58 live in Brighton on the South Coast of England with my husband and currently our eldest son (25) is with us Our other son (23 ) is in London

Lifelong member of the “struggles with my weight “club Joined Codas first challenge back in 2016 lost around 20lb bobbed along happily for a few years then bam ! Managed to put it back on , I’ve lost about half of it but is a slow process hoping to crank it up a bit this month , will try the zbc ( maybe not everyday but we’ll see) Going to enjoy this lovely sunny weekend and start in earnest on Monday

Thanks for leading us @flourbaby I feel this is going to be a fun month 🌟

Day 1, London, UK, LFD

Welcome @kazoo (@songbirdme & @at our resident maintainers can testify to just how difficult maintenance is, you’ll get back there & we’re ready to help you do that!!!), @at (good to have you back!), @ccco (I hope that computer gets fixed ASAP!), @suki2, @daffodil2010 (can you believe I had a visitor this week too after 7 months😠???), @i-hate-lettuce (Phew!!) – The gangs getting bigger ……………………. I’m allowing for the usual “I’ll start on Monday” crowd!!!

@penz ………………… I would call that brunch!! Don’t panic, we’ve got you!!!

A little bit about me, ex-civil engineer, 40-something, started 5:2 in Nov ’16, easily lost 45lbs, but had a stumble called the ‘notorious gain of 2019’, regaining 20lbs😱, (vigilance is key ………………………. I didn’t even notice it happening, or was I doing that ostrich thing!??!!) I’ve become a dedicated member of ‘Club Tor-Twah’ 🐢 as these ‘time of life’ hormones have been taking charge!! The beginning of the year saw the bouncy-bouncy scales becoming a permanent fixture, but I’ve shrunk by 10 inches as lockdown has led to 3 daily exercise routines, mainly Leslie Sansone walking or a walk around my local lake and in June ADF with LFDs, since then most (big wobble at the end of July!!) FDs have been liquid only…………….. nobody is as surprised as I am!!!! My silhouette has changed dramatically over the last couple of months, so this month will be a non-scale target to get into my size 10 linen trousers ………………………… I’ll get back to tracking my weight though since I’ll really need to know if I can afford that 2nd glass of vino or 10th biscuit😜!!!

Things I’ve learnt along the way –

Calculate your NFD intake based on your goal weight TDEE, it’ll get you used to just how much you ‘should’ be consuming, so it’s not such a shock😱 when you get there!!!!
    Alcohol can derail your efforts as quickly as blinking 🍺🍷🍻 …………… NO joke, my best months have been the dry months, but ADF has meant the vino hasn’t been too prominent recently😇.
    Water is your ONLY friend – that hunger dragon🐉 just needs drowning when he roars, glug down a bottle of water to douse his fire, count to 100 and you’ll be good!!!!
    Nobody said it would be easy, but this WOL is truly the easiest system I’ve EVER used for weight loss and it comes with a bonus of improved health, and that alone will help, especially at this time (what a year😩😠😢😷😨😱!!) to get us as fighting fit as we can be to fight this deadly enemy ………………………….. Win-Win, I say!!!!!
    Checking in to keep accountability is a must for me, I’m the queen of procrastination and my friends here keep me honest!!!!

Aims for this month
    1. Stick to ADF or 4:3 & K.I.S.S ……………….. Keep It Simple Stupid!!
    2. Lose 5lbs+ & get into the size 10 trousers
    3. Drink 3 Litres of water per day……..NO less!!!
    4. Increase my steps to get ‘close’ to 10,000 per day.
    5. Limit my refined carbs & processed ‘treats’ ………………….. ADF does NOT mean NFD free-for-Alls!!!!

Onward & downwards folks, we’ve got this!!!!!!!
    “The ZBC – The Zero Breakfast Club” – @flourbaby, @emma-taylor, @penz, @betsylee, @saffy420, @at, @snowflake56

Pocket list day 1
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby LFD

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Day 1, London, NFD

Hiya, I’m new to this WOL and the forums, but I need some help because I have packed on A STONE since lockdown began in March (comfort eating & drinking), which was very unwelcome on top of the baby weight I still haven’t shifted. After baby #2 I did calorie-counting and MyFitnessPal and dropped the baby weight plus 10lbs extra very quickly, but that method just hasn’t worked for baby #3, and thanks to lockdown the numbers on the scale have crept upward.

I’m a 46-year-old American woman living in London with DH (English) and 3 adorable kiddos age 12, 8 and 2.5. I’m quite tall and have been a bit heavy for my whole life, but this recent weight gain has pushed me into an “overweight” BMI, which I’m super-unhappy about. I’m not very active, although I have done a lot of dance (hoping to resume weekly ballet class as soon as allowed), and since the new year I’ve been challenging myself to do >30 mins of exercise 5 days of week (mostly succeeding), and now beginning the NHS couch-to-5K program because I’ve run out of excuses not to. Hoping this WOL and accountability will do the trick!

Day 1 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

About me:- David, 58. Originally from the UK, living in Kwazulu-Natal, on the east coast of South Africa. I started fasting in 2014 halfheartedly after seeing the ‘Eat, Fast…’ documentary. I got serious about my weight in March last year, about a year after I retired when my weight started creeping up. I joined the Challenges, lost about 8 kilos, and I’ve been maintaining, more or less, for just over a year.

The last two months have been the most successful for me as far as maintenance is concerned. Keeping an eye on the NFD calories, staying (mostly) ‘dry til Fri’, two FDs per week, staying active & checking in here every day with my ‘fasting family’, & maintenance no longer feels like a tug of war but a sustainable lifestyle.

I guess I also qualify for the ‘Zero Breakfast Club’; I never eat before 11 am, usually even later.

@kazoo – welcome to the forum. Another Cumbrian?!

@murielpuce – welcome to the forum & this WOL. You’ll shift that stone in no time if you stick with it.

Thank you for hosting @flourbaby!

Wishing everyone a good weekend, & an auspicious August! 🌈 ⛅️

“The ZBC – The Zero Breakfast Club” – @flourbaby, @emma-taylor, @penz, @betsylee, @saffy420, @at, @snowflake56, @funshipfreddie

Pocket List – Day 1 🍒
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby LFD

Day 1 NFD UK

Managed to lose the other half a pound so came in with a 2 pound loss for July. Pleased with that and counting it a success.
    Here’s looking forward to more success in August.

Day 1 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

After my dismal performance in July resulting in the scales travelling in the wrong direction I really ought to start the new month with a FD……but it’s the weekend and I don’t do well when I switch my days about so I’m putting July behind me and I will enjoy the weekend NFDs and get my head around being better focused from Monday’s FD.

My intro: 61yo retired, live in Pembrokeshire with DH and beautiful elderly cat. After a lifetime of yoyo dieting I began 5:2 in June 2017 with low expectations, in July 2017 I joined my first monthly challenge thinking I would give it a month and see how it goes. It turned out very well and by May 2018 I had lost 30 pounds and was at my all time low adult weight. Since then I have maintained around my goal weight…..sometimes I lose a few pounds and sadly sometimes it is much too easy to gain a few. To stay at goal I have to be careful….I forget that for a while when life’s stressful events occur….then I have to do what I will be doing this month, reboot and get the scales moving in the right direction before I regain all of the flab I worked so hard to shift!

Looking forward to sharing Auspicious August with you all 😎

Day 1 OMAD London UK

Thanks @snowflake56 for joining me to the Zero breakfast club pocket list. It’s nice to be included. OMAD still working fine. I’m never hungry – that’s what’s surprises me the most. It’s very weird, but so long as it works it’s ok. My ribs and hipbones are reappearing. Hurray.

Next holiday just about to be cancelled. France and Italy. DH wants to go but I don’t. Tricky, but just imagine if one of us fell ill abroad. Doesn’t bear thinking about. Actually, if it wasn’t for lockdown I think I would be the size of a house. It’s only because all holidays and socialising are curtailed that I’ve been able to do OMAD. So it’s a blessing….

Day 1 – USA/GA – NFD

Oops. I was naughty yesterday, snacking breakfast through after lunch time then going to bed really late. And Taco Bell for supper! Another pound of regret packed back on, so I’m starting August at 252 lbs. Got to change those old habits this weekend and keep my eyes on this month’s conservative goal of 247 lbs.

I love the support in this forum. I’m about to unsubscribe from some other sites because they don’t seem to be much about supporting each other, so I’m not sure why I’m on there 🙂

Good luck to everyone this month!

Day 1…….Florida……CD

This antibiotic is killing me….. I only have 4 more days to take it, then I can get on with my regular fasting program. The problem is I have to take it every 6 hours, if I don’t eat something with it….. the worst stomach pain occurs!
    Besides that, I am trying to control what I eat and make good choices.

Welcome all the new comers to the group! Very supportive group, we have here! We are all very happy, you came along for the ride!

@ north Georgia…….I tried 2 chicks on a diet forum before I found all you beautiful people….. I felt like the only wanted to hear about my success, my mistakes or hiccups we always disregarded. So, where I need the help the most, I felt like, I was the lone loser in the group because my successes were far and few between.

Well….I’m off. I slacked in the house keeping department, so I have a day to get this house in order so, I’m off!

Before I decide to be your ride or die chick…..I have a few questions.
    Where are we riding to?
    Do I really need to die?
    Can we stop for food on the way?

Day 1, Boston MA, USA – MFD

Hi all! I am 43 year-old engineer, mother of 2 kids. My weight went up after the kids were born, but as it’s been almost 10 years since my 2nd, I really have no excuse here. I had a prior successful stint with 5:2, but then stopped paying attention and gained about 15 lbs back. So I’m back, and trying to muster up my self-discipline muscle to get back on track.

I gained weight last month after not sticking to my plans, so my focus this month is on process: making sure I make a clear plan and stick to it. I’m starting at 59 kgs/130 lbs and my weight goal for the month (but less important than the process goal!) is 57 kgs/125 lbs.

I can probably join ZBC, since I usually skip breakfast. Will it be a daily list, or for the month? I might sometimes eat breakfast!

Pocket List – Day 1 🍒
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby LFD
    @hedwig6 MFD

Day 1 Canada NFD

Start of a new challenge and it’s a long weekend! Thanks for hosting @flourbaby I’m so happy to be signing up. I’m a 59 year old woman how has 2kg to lose, however they are glued on😂

Starting at 61kg and want to make 60 my number this month 🤞💪

Day 1 – UK – NFD

SW 138.5lb which is up .3lb on yesterday. My goal for August is 4lbs. To get to an healthy BMI I need to lose at least 12lbs, so won’t be for a while yet. Also subscribed to the Fast800 Plan. Going well so far.

@bellyblast ‘however they are glued on’ 😅

Wishing success to all.

Day 1 – UK – NFD

Hello to everyone and welcome to those new to these challenges or this WOL and a big thank you to @flourbaby for taking the helm for this 🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

Really pleased that I managed to finished last month with a B2B x 6days of FD800 as I dread to think how far off my maintenance range I would be!!! Weight this morning was Wt 56.5kg/124.6lbs with a BMI: 20.8, so just 0.5kg above the top of my range – ideally I would like to stay around 55kg as that is where I feel happiest and gives me a bit of wriggle room – so goal for August is set

Now to make sure that this weekend does not turn into an EFS one………
    Over the past 2 months I have struggled for the first time since reaching maintenance – sitting 2-3kg above my maintenance range but always pulling it back towards the end of the month but I don’t want to have this yo-yoing become the norm so need to have some more control on my NFDs

For those new to these challenges a little bit about myself:-
    I am a 62y.o. female living with my OH, we have a married daughter who has 4 fur babies – 3 cats and an adorable beagle called Archie.
    Height = 163cm/5ft 4in
    I started this WOL on my own in January 2016 as I was fed up with being overweight and wanted to get fitter!
    I decided to join the challenges in November 2016 as I had plateaued for around 3 months but managed to reach maintenance in early December 2016 with the help of these challenges and have remained in maintenance range of 54-56kg/119-123.5lbs and a BMI of just over 20 since then!
    Total weight loss = 22kg/3st 7lbs
    I retired in December 2013 and moved to the Lake District – best decision we ever made – OH and I love our new life here!
    In my retirement discovered a love for exercise, currently doing yoga x 2 🙏 which I discovered over 5 years ago and it has just been the best thing for me, both physically and mentally. I also do Broga x 2, pilates x 1, aerobics x 2 and hiking on the fells in my beloved Lake District ⛰ and in my spare time do some volunteering in my local community

My motto since losing weight has been
    “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. and when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 1, UK, NFD

About me: I am 5’4″ 53 years old female, living in UK. I used to be slim most of my life, my weight being around 50kg. Due to health issues and stopping smoking in 2016, I put on over a stone. Did 5:2 for few months and lost some, but stopped for still unknown to me reasons 😕. I am heavier now than I ever was which makes me uncomfortable. I decided not to weigh myself for now, because I find myself getting all worked up about gaining or losing 100g! Instead, I will use my clothes to monitor my progress 🙂 .

My goal for this month is to be able to get into my size 10 trousers comfortably.

@bert1802 sorry to hear about your tooth trouble, I’m in the same boat, on antibiotics too. And I don’t like taking them either as I believe, even though they might be necessary, they have a negative effect on your microbioms balance as they kill good bacteria. I try and counterbalance it a bit with kefir, and I found it it helps. Maybe try it if you haven’t already? Hope you feel better soon 🤗

Good luck everyone, we can do this together 💪

Day 1 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    I’ m a 59 yr female. I originally lost my weight on my own with 5:2 back in 2014. Gradually about a stone crept back on. I joined the challenges last July and have slowly lost the extra weight again. I’m determined this time to do maintenance properly, although DH thinks I’m obsessed with weighing and measuring.
    My goal this month is to lose the 1lb that crept on whilst I had my mum to stay. Although I’m maintaining I’m at the upper end of where I would like to be so if can lose a bit extra I’ll be pleased.

Day 1 UK NFD

Hello. Sorry to be MIA for a few weeks… slipped off the waggon while juggling coronavirus symptoms. Still under par, waiting for various tests but ready to focus again.

I’m F56 Londoner, put on weight w significant illnesses affecting mobility, stopping smoking and menopause. Found 5:2 December 2017 weighing 181lb / 82kg, joined every challenge and had a steady journey down to goal – faster start, long plateaus etc. Reached 140lb/63kg end of 2018 & stayed steady 140-144lb until September 2019, sudden bereaavement & fell off the waggon. Back to 150-158lb and not quite managed to find a sticky seat..

Mild coronavirus end of February 2020, felt better then wiped out from April, lung & heart symptoms since May. I took a break from 5:2 for the last couple of months while focusing on health, & learninglots from the long-haul covid forums. Now ready to get back into plain vanilla 5:2, gently restart adapted yoga & daily meditation, and aiming to lose 4lbs this month. Still v tired and liable to symptom flares, energy at about 50% of my usual – but hopeful 🙂

@flourbaby thank you v much for hosting 🙂
    @betsylee I think you may be a way ahead of me now but I’m on your trail 🙂

Good to be back with you. Look forward to catching up, gently x

@michelinme you have had it rough! Bless ya! C19 is so unpredictable and unforgiving… I hope you don’t have any more problems.

Day 1 USA (Illinois) NFD

This ‘old timer’ (age and on these forums) here. I’m 72F, retired music teacher, singer, choir director, church musician, and piano teacher. Great to be with another challenge. I’ve been on every one since @coda May ’16, starting pushing 200 pounds (90 kg.). I got down to 160# (72.5 kg) from March ’16 to January ’17. Been pretty much on maintenance since then. But for me, that’s plenty hard. I’m at the top end of my maint weight now at 164# so really want to be back to 160.

@michelineme – so sorry you’ve been struggling with COVID. Whew… As a singer, I know I would really hate not being able to fully breath.

I look forward to getting to know all you newbies, and keeping up with longer-time members.

@flourbaby – thanks so much for taking on our great group!

Onward and downward.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 760 total)

You must be logged in to reply.