🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 758 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  NorthernDawn 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 760 total)

• Day 20 – UK – FD

Good Morning All

Stay safe @daffodil2010 hope your power is soon restored!

Pocket lists Day 20

FD day 20
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes

ZBC day 20
    @penz
    @snowflake56

DTF day 20
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce

D20 NFD UK lake district

Good morning everyone. I hope you are all well. as @i hate lettuce has already said it is glorious here today.

Successfully completed 3 back to back fast days so looking forward to a NFD today. I have just had breakfast which is unusual for me but I have pilates at 11am and then my personal trainer at 1pm so it would the earliest I could eat would be 2pm. Didn’t want to wait that long.

No pocket list for me today.

@daffodil2010. Good news on your loss. It must make you feel better and motivated. Hope you get your power back soon. No doubt Storm Ellen will be coming over our way soon.

@i hate lettuce. It was 33 years since that experience and I have never been back. Great to have found this WOL.

Have a good day.

Day 20 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@daffodil2010 – good to hear you’ve got your mojo back! That storm Ellen sounds nasty

@flourbaby – I don’t think I’ve ever been more than 8 or 9 kgs heavier than I am now. But the gain happened after I quit working. Just suddenly having a lot of free time, not to mention alcohol. And I love sweet stuff. It’s so easy to pick up bad habits. Luckily I already had some fasting experience, so I quickly got the weight gain under control & found this forum.

Looking forward to the PFDS in the morning. Lets do this Thursday fasters! 💪

Pocket List – Day 20 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie

ZBC List – Day 20 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor

Day 20 UK FD
    Think it’s going well , but that’s usually when I get a bit complacent so putting myself on every list going today for extra support💪

Pocket Lists Day 20 🧩

FD day 20
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie

ZBC day 20🚫
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie

DTF day 20☕️
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor

@annabelle48 Yes I do live in Brighton moves here in 1986 from Yorkshire , the Brighton Belle had stopped by then but you still see lots of references to it and I just like the name

🤞for the power @daffodil2010 Although you seem to be generating a lot of positive energy yourself 👍

Arrgh @funshipfreddie – we crossed x

Day 20, London, UK, LFD,

I’m looking forward to today’s LFD, yesterday there was some serious grazing involving those moreish crescent shaped calorie bombs ………………….. the humble cashew nut😍!!! Better than a family sized bag of Wotsits though🙏!!!!

@i-hate-lettuce…………………….😜😂😝procrastinate away!! By the way, we do care about that ‘warthog onesie’…………………. M&S??? I had you down on the FODO list after your DTF revelation, that’s the “For One Day Only” group!!!

Speaking of French women, @jaifaim, you and your family are still in my thoughts 💜 💕, I hope your dads journey is a peaceful one, whichever stage of that journey he’s at🙏. Thinking of you and your ending …………………
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

@daffodil2010, I hope the power is restored soon (like your LFD power!!!!!😳😎), I believe ‘Ellen’ is heading our way today😱!! LFDs have saved me during lockdown, I’m too close to the kitchen and the willpower muscle has never been the best!! June saw ADF with LFDs -2lbs per LFD then +1lb per NFD, so an average of -0.5lbs per day apart from the boozy ones😳🍷!!! I know for sure I can’t fast at home (500cals may as well be 5000!!) but a liquid only fast is relatively easy ……………………. I’m not sure who said it, but …………………………. “If you never take that first calorie, your body is still in the steady state without the trigger to eat more” wise, wise words!!😏😲

Good grief @snowflake56, Emden sounds like my kind of town ………………………….”Port and cheese in the afternoon” ……………………….. I must remember never to visit, I might never leave!!!!! 😜😂

Pocket List – Day 20 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby LFD

ZBC List – Day 20 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby

We can & we will!!!!!!

Day 20 UK CD

Well the dragon is well and truly out of the cupboard unfortunately so am not aiming too high today but will just exercise as much control as I can!!

Watched the last MM programme last night. Impressive weight loss and well done to them BUT had to remind myself that
    1. They were all over 30 BMI
    2. They had put the weight on during lockdown which means quickly on and with work quickly off.
    3. They were all fairly young.

This put it into perspective for me and I have to be satisfied with my slow and steady loss of 4oz at a time.

@ Brighton belle. I am about 10 miles north of you.

Think I will have to look back on some of the posts on this thread for some inspiration as at the moment I am feeling very fat and sluggish. Maybe more water is needed. Hopefully things will look up tomorrow. In the meantime will keep on keeping on.

Day 20 – UK – ??FD800

A successful FD800 yesterday to follow Monday’s FD600 – got some lovely fresh scallops yesterday so cooking that for dinner tonight – doing Scallops with butternut squash purée and sage butter so may try for another FD800 if I can give that bottle of white wine that goes so well with the dish a miss…..

An early 7am Broga class with OH via Zoom this morning and a 9am Aerobic class followed, so now showered and feeling positive 😇

After some light showers yesterday evening woke up to blue skies and bright sunshine this morning if a tad windy but definitely warm.

MM’s programme last night showed impressive success by the participants – The improvement in health markers were excellent and the weight loss wasn’t any less so. There was a brief follow up 4 weeks down the line and they all seemed to remain motivated to continue to improve their health.

@basyjames – we crossed in our posts yesterday! I’m sure your 18y.o. will settle down soon and will make new friends.
    @annabelle48 – how decadent – lovely lunch with Champagne!
    @kazoo and @snowflake56 – you can find a Kefir Drink but there is also Kefir Yogurt which is thick and creamy. Yesterday when out shopping I discovered Kefir soft cheese in my supermarket so bought some to try.
    @snowflake56 – sweets for you and fresh sourdough bread and wine are my downfall….
    @daffodil2010 – hope your power is restored soon x

Might add myself to the Pocket list and that might encourage me to leave that bottle of wine unopened until the weekend…….

Pocket List – Day 20 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby LFD
    @at

ZBC List – Day 20 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @at

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @at (even though I had some wine on Monday!!!)

Last stanza from a poem by EDGAR A. GUEST
    “Success is failure turned inside out…
    And you can never tell how close you are
    It may be near when it seems so far.
    So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit
    It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit”

Day 20 – USA/GA – NFD

OK, let me preface this by saying I thank all of you for your support during my “whiny days.” Sometimes the mind knows something will happen but it’s easy to lose heart when it takes longer than expected. I hope I can also be a support to you all as you are to me! So I take a moment again to just show my appreciation! I also will say that I’m taking a few days off work (how did I forfeit half a week of vacation time?) with my birthday coming up Monday, and my next FD will be next Tuesday (wow, so far away; that’s scary)! With that in mind, the scales were rocking between the weight I’m about to announce and one that is a pound heavier, so knowing a hard weekend is approaching, I am going to liberally choose the lighter weight.

247 lbs! I did it! Not only did I meet my goal for August, but this is what I weighed in on August 8, 2016, when I first realized I had an out-of-control weight problem and started to keep a (nearly) daily record of my weight. I have reached a major milestone today and I don’t think it’s hit me yet. Yes, I know I’ll fluctuate up and down for the next couple of weeks, but how satisfying to have reached this huge point in my journey downward.

240s club, here’s my membership card! Let’s continue downward everyone! Thank you again so much for your support, and keep up the faith!

Day 20 USA (Illinois) DAFD

Great FD yesterday, but really must watch myself on my DAFD (Day After) and not gain anything back. Thursday is my day to do laundry, change bed, etc. so I know I will be busy.

@northgeorgia – CONGRATULATIONS!! Yeah for you making 247! (♫♪♫♪ singing congrats to you) Know you will be losing much more as you work this program.

@at – yes, we know that maintenance is still often a struggle. But we also know how our WOL works.

@snowflake56 – I have several rooms with wallpaper as well. Mostly ours are patterns, but not sure I could take any room with those beetles! Ha ha!

Onward and downward.

Day 20 Canada NFD

Canning peaches today and looking forward to fasting. Grilled chicken and salad for dinner, let’s do this indeed @funshipfreddie

Pocket List – Day 20 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby LFD
    @at
    @bellyblast

ZBC List – Day 20 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @bellyblast
    @flourbaby

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @bellyblast

Day 20 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Had a really busy and slightly stressful week which has at least kept the hunger dragon quiet but also distracted me from posting. I am behind with everyone’s news, hope you are all well and hanging onto the wagon. Just starting to hear a few tummy rumbles which prompted me to check in and put myself on today’s mega lists. Stay strong fasting friends 😎

Pocket List – Day 20 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby LFD
    @at
    @bellyblast
    @missybear

ZBC List – Day 20 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @bellyblast
    @flourbaby
    @missybear

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @bellyblast
    @missybear

Day 20 North Canton OH CD

I just broke my extended LFD with almonds and cashews. I broke at 87 hours, my goal is to get to 96 hours next time. Definitely not for everyone, but this seems to work for me. Now I just have to be disciplined with menu items in between extended fasts to really reap the benefits of this WOL. In other possibly related news, my skin looks like I was born yesterday, I get all sorts of compliments from young women that are more than half my age 😁.

@northgeorgia congratulations!!! you have been on the edge for some time and what a whoosh!!! Very happy for you my persevering friend.

@snowflake56 boy those beetles, wow! But you know what, if that is what you like – more power to you ❤🙌

Thanks for the encouraging words regarding my oldest child, It’s hard to watch your children struggle. But a wise friend once told me that they are stronger than we realize and I know that is true. Having overcome much myself, I know my struggles in life made me stronger. So its step back time for this caring mother.

Ze list continues but I am not on it today. Happy fasting y’all

Pocket List – Day 20 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby LFD
    @at
    @bellyblast
    @missybear

ZBC List – Day 20 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @bellyblast
    @flourbaby
    @missybear

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @bellyblast
    @missybear

2nd post

Power restored both at home and in my mojo 💃

Just re-reading my first posts (which was on the August 2017 challenge hosted by Debster251), I was only a week or two into it when I was first encouraged to try an 18:6, then B2B FD’s, and at the near end of August 2017 I was motivated by @annemarilyn and @okeydokey to try my first LFD.

Wonder where those lovely people are now? They sure helped me on my path.

I was astounded by the results. I found the LFD easy. I found FD’s easy, and kept my NFD to 18:6 except at the weekends. I lost an astonishing 9lbs that August and 10lbs in the October 😄 Then things started slowing down but I still got to minus 30lbs by January 2018. I kept to 4:3 with one of the FD’s being an LFD for 2018 and kept at a nice 126lbs ish did that year.

I have yet to read further to find out where it went downhill BUT I know that changing job in August 2018 to a sedentary role in a treat filled office started the slide.

It’s fascinating (for me 😉) reading about past me and what I did to stick to this WOE (remember we used that phrase a lot).

Oh, and back then there was no DTF…….instead we had Pocket Wino’s 😆😆😆😆

One thing though, is that this forum is extremely helpful and motivational, whether it’s all of you guys or even younger Daffodil!

Thanks everyone for all the motivation and encouragement, past, present, and in the future ☺️

Day 20 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

Okay, I did much better yesterday, with my meal below 1000 calories instead of above 1700 as it was on Tuesday. The scale rewarded me, in fact, which was nice. I’m making a recipe for tonight’s FD meal (we only do OMAD on FDs), but I’m realizing that, with piano lessons, it will be tight, so I need to start thinking NOW about time management in order to pull it off.

@snowflake56, your wallpaper makes me smile. Wallpaper is actually a huge deal in the states as well, according to HGTV, although I don’t actually know anyone who’s put up any…
    @daffodil2010, sorry to hear about your lack of power (I know how limiting that is in our electrical world) and glad it’s back on now; but am especially glad you didn’t suffer any damages. So glad you’ve reconnected with your 2017 self and have found your mojo again!
    Oh! @northgeorgia, your great news brought tears to me eyes! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
    @bellyblast, it’s been a few years since I canned peaches, but they are SO much better than commercially canned peaches that’s there’s not even any comparison. How many quarts will you get? Now I’m thinking seriously about canning some myself. But first, I need to deal with the sweet corn a friend brought over!

Pocket List – Day 20 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby LFD
    @at
    @bellyblast
    @missybear
    @stitchincarol

ZBC List – Day 20 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @bellyblast
    @flourbaby
    @missybear
    @stitchincarol

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @bellyblast
    @missybear

Day 20 OMAD. London.

Just popping in to say hi. I’m going to see a friend tomorrow who is going to give me some crab apples off her tree. I’m not sure what to do with them, but I don’t want to refuse. Don’t suppose anybody can suggest something which doesn’t involve sugar? I know they are quite tart.

@emma-taylor — found these. Don’t know if there is anything here that tickles your fancy, but maybe?

https://www.ruralsprout.com/crabapple-recipes/

Day 21 – Japan – WFD #66

Late in this water fast … just not keeping up with work.

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Nice 3.5lb loss and feel that this is the way to go again. It’s the weekend, but won’t go nuts. Going to relax and read that Grounding book that @emma Taylor recommended, I downloaded it last night and read a page or two…

And this morning I decided to do a bit grounding and after my Leslie Sansone I went out to my garden barefoot and pottered around the flowers and deadheaded and bimbled, all the while barefoot in the wet grass…….OMG, just 10 minutes of barefoot gardening and I can still feel the warmth and energy in my feet!!

I know a bit about energy flow etc as I have studied up to Level 2 Reiki and use it on myself and situations regularly, but this earth energy!! Wow! I feel marvellous.

Thanks @emma Taylor, I will be following this with interest, and I would love to hear how the grounding sheet works for you.

Have a great day guys, only 10 more days, we can do it!!!!

Day 21 – Lakes UK – CD

Good morning everyone

Has been a bit of a wild and windy night apparently, hope no one has suffered any damage. I slept through it, as I’m starting to get a bit tired now, so had to abort yesterdays FD, was told this might happen so being careful about food and drink. I don’t want to undo all the good work of the last 12 months or so, was happy to see the scales stay at 16st 3lb – 103kg which is my lowest. Think that might be a target for the moment, maintain where I am now.

@at – I love your quote, I’m a bit stubborn/bloody minded I really like the last line of your recent one …

“So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit
    It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit”

Jobs for today, Hmmmm

@daffodil2010 – Barefoot gardening? Not in this weather, rather wet to say the least, ten minutes out there and I’ll look like I’m wearing a pair of brown wellies, not quite the earth energy ideal?

Greenhouse? Can sort out some seed heads that are drying ready for next year, in fact might start some off as they are perennials. A particular favourite which is doing well, Lunaria. Always raises a smile as I pocketed a couple of seed heads a few years ago when visiting a garden (the didn’t sell plants) the common name … Honesty.

Indoors? can really get some ‘Brownie points’ get the carpet cleaner put to work! In fact that might be a good idea, seeing as we’re not allowed visitors at the moment!

Take care all

Day 21 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Very easy FD yesterday. Didn’t eat a morsel until 8 pm. I toyed with the idea of making it a LFD, & then settled for oatmeal with apple, raisins & sunflower seeds. Spot on my target weight this morning 💪

Good to hear of other people reaching goals & getting their mojos back! Well done @northgeorgia & @daffodil2010! 🥇⭐️ 🏆 & @basyjames – 87 hours?!🥇

@betsylee – Can’t find part 3 of ‘How to Lose a Stone…’ on YouTube yet. Keeping a lookout for it though

Cheers, DTF-ers! 🍸🍷🥂

Pocket List – Day 21
    @dykask WFD

ZBC List – Day 21 🚫🍳
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 21, London, UK, NFD

PFDS!!!!! Yesterdays’ LFD went well, lots of water, many, many loo visits, a few dragon 🐉 battles and now, lots of PFDS😎!!!

Congratulations @northgeorgia, that 247 was NEVER in doubt💪!!! Now to navigate the 4NFDs and a birthday 🎂!!!! Stay strong (or at least try!!)

@daffodil2010, now that’s a blast from the past…………….. “Pocket-wino’s”!!! And still, I find myself joining the same old list🍷🍷🍷!!!! No rain here, just very windy, so I’m planning to remove my sandals on my walk around the lake & I’ll forgo the footpath for the grass verge!!!

I’m tired just from reading your list of possible jobs for today @i-hate-lettuce, I think my day will consist of Pilates, a supermarket visit, lake walk, cooking, OMAD dinner & vino, vino, vino!!! Cheers indeed @funshipfreddie🍸🍷🥂!!

Pocket List – Day 21
    @dykask WFD

ZBC List – Day 21 🚫🍳
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

“May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” – Nelson Mandela

D21 NFD UK Lake District

Well Storm Ellen has arrived. Very wet and windy here today so no open water swimming for me today.

Watched the last of the MM’s programmes last night. Has anyone got the recipe for the Tuna and Anchovy stuffed peppers. I have looked in my books but can’t find it. Wondered if it was a new one.

They all did very well both with their weight and markers and I was pleased to see that Michael and Clare was going to continue to support them. Perhaps they will be joining us here at some point.

@flourbaby when you do a LFD is that for 24 hours?

@at I love scallops. Will look for kefir for my next shop. I make my own sourdough as this is something my OH eats when he has had his chemo session and goes off food. I do try to avoid it but sometimes the temptation is too much. It’s the smell that starts me off.

@northgeorgia. Congratulations on the making 247. Enjoy your time off work.

@Daffodi2010 Glad your power is back. There were a lot of people without power in Ireland yesterday and the storm has arrived here now. I did B2B fast days this week. Found it much easier to do than having a gap in between. Will try again next week and see how I feel and I also do 16:8 sometimes it is 18:6 just depends what I am up to. What a nice feeling it must be to start losing again after your struggle.

Well off to break my fast now it is 16 hours 32 minutes and 39 seconds since I have eaten according to my app. But will add my name to the ZBC

Pocket List – Day 21
    @dykask WFD

ZBC List – Day 21 🚫🍳
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @kazoo

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 21…..Florida…..FD

Sorry guys…….I got a bit lost in the ways of life. I’ve been holding fast to my 16:8 but sliding a bit on FD/NFD…. definitely need to make some changes.

So, I’m making some changes to find my way back……

Have a great day!

Day 21 OMAD London

@ songbirdme – thanks for the link. I think the spicy pickled crabapples sound great. I’ll have a go.
    I have to be careful when I write grounding sheet. Isn’t there a derogatory term for a person using the term groundsheet, which I think may be an Australian term? Anyway, grounding sheet is in place on the bed. We both had a good night’s sleep, so may be helping. Here’s a link to a movie on YouTube about the science behind grounding/ earthing. Enjoy your barefoot walk @flourbaby.

https://youtu.be/44ddtR0XDVU

Day 21 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Happy to report that the tedious task of calorie counting this month has done the job, better controlled NFDs have me back within my maintenance range albeit at the top end. Scales this morning stopped at 132.2 pounds (60kg 🙂) and my red line for maintenance is 133. I now have my goal set to reach 130 but not this month. Our wedding anniversary is on Sunday, we can’t go out to celebrate this year but there is ice cream, chocolate and far too much booze in the house and I intend to enjoy a treat filled weekend. I know how to repair the damage, although I suspect the prospect of another month of calorie counting will moderate my greed.

Cheers to my DTF buddies 🥂. Have a lovely weekend everyone 😎

Day 21 UK NFD

Very happy with this weeks weight loss, the challenge for me is to stay steady over the weekend.Ive done a fair bit of planning so here’s hoping

Very windy outside but braving it for a nice long walk this afternoon Have a good one all

Pocket List – Day 21🗝
    @dykask WFD

ZBC List – Day 21 🚫🍳
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @kazoo
    @brightonbelle

Day 21 UK

After my decadent lunch on Wednesday I couldn’t stop eating yesterday so no weight loss. Am trying to conquer it today and at the moment it’s about 50/50. Anyone else have the same problem after eating out and any tips as to overcome it please. Finding it difficult to get in the right frame of mind and time is running out in August.

Very windy here today with the odd shower or two so might have to do indoor exercise.

Re-read my post yesterday and thought it sounded a bit crabby re MM programme. I didn’t mean to be and I was well impressed with the health benefits gained.

@ daffodil very pleased you have power restored. We are so dependant on electricity.

Very pleased to read of the successes achieved on this thread, not easy and all down to hard work.

Trying to develop a positive mental attitude.

Day 21 USA (Illinois) NFD

Pretty good eating yesterday, kept very busy with laundry and home chores. Decent day.

This morning is Silver Sneakers then a required COVID test prior to a colonoscopy scheduled Monday morning. I will have the test about 10:30 then have to self-quarantine for 3 days, so no church or eating out this weekend. The pre-scope regimen is more rigid than when I did this 10 years ago, so glad I am used to fasting!

@kazoo – I love anchovies, but DH does not, but that recipe sounds good. I found this one online: https://www.cookingwithnonna.com/italian-cuisine/tuna-stuffed-peppers.html

Onward and downward.

Day 21 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in was a solid 248 lbs. today. Not bad! Good to see myself staying firmly in the 240 club two days in a row. Hoping to keep it there through the long weekend ahead.

10 Days until the end of the month. Best wishes to everyone!

Day 21 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Given what a complete failure yesterday’s FD was, I should be repeating it today. The day was going swimmingly, and then one inconsequential thing led to another, and I was suddenly eating with defiance. “I just don’t care,” I said to DH, although that’s clearly not true. I ate with a determination that seemed as if I were trying to prove something. <<sigh>> How can this be so reasonably easy one day and totally impossible another??

But today’s a new day, and there’s where I’ll focus. 🙂

Because of the jumpy cursor on my laptop, this is the THIRD time I’ve typed this, so I’m giving up and quitting now. Dumb cursor that doesn’t respond to any “fix”…

Good luck staying strong, everyone!

Day 21 – UK – CD

Yesterday ended up a CD (just over 1000cals) as the call from that bottle of wine won but I really enjoyed a large glass of chablis with that scallop dish!

Dinner tonight is a lovely Beetroot and Feta Cheese Galette from “Falastin” a Palestinian Cookbook – a bit fiddly to do but so worth the taste!!!
    The pastry is a handmade rough puff pastry with fresh minced thyme and oregano for extra flavour. The galette itself is filled with a thin layer of garlicky ricotta, caramelized and herbed red onions, roasted beetroot slices and a sprinkling of crumbed feta. I will be serving it with a spicy herb salad with quick-pickled cucumber, also from the same cookbook. No doubt another glass of Chablis will be served with dinner – Have I said how much I love cooking and of course eating the end results………But the best thing is I should still end up with a CD (around 1100cals) as it will be my OMAD for today

@northgeorgia – congratulations on reaching your target of 247!!!!
    @songbirdme – absolutely right – never going back!
    @basyjames – 87hrs on a LFD 😮 and 3.5lbs is a great loss 👍 And like @flourbaby I too still find myself joining the same old “Pocket Winos” list🍷🍷🍷!!!!!
    @emma Taylor – I was going to send you the same link as @songbirdme
    @i-hate-lettuce – Glad that the quote resonated with you – a wild and windy day here for sure 💨💨
    @bert1802 – so long as you hitch a ride back on that 5:2 wagon
    @missybear – good job on getting back within your maintenance range albeit at the top end – I’m like you trying to stay focused. Happy Wedding Anniversary for this weekend – enjoy your celebrations 🍾🥂 and remember to press your RESET button on Monday 😉
    @brightonbelle – good job on the loss and join me and several others I suspect on trying to stay focused over the NFD weekend…….
    @kazoo – the recipe for those stuffed peppers is a simple one – she uses a drained tin of tuna in spring water – add a couple of anchovy fillets depending on your taste, sliced garlic, some capers, halved cherry tomatoes, black pepper and a small drizzle of olive oil, then pop in a hot oven for around 15mins or until cooked – sprinkle with fresh basil leaves just before serving and this fits into the 800cal diet!!

Anyone out there struggling – stay strong and positive – you will get there!!! We all have different paths to the end goal…..

“You cannot change yesterday but you can change today and tomorrow!”

Day 21 Canada NFD

PFDS 😇

@at I love cooking as much as eating. Sound delicious
    @stitchincarol we all have “I don’t care days” I’ve had months it years at a time 🤦‍♀️ I canned 6 pints of peaches and lots of jam so now I have the taste of summer ready for those dark winter days
    @northgeorgia 👏👏
    @missybear yay you did it 💪

Day 21 – Second post

I just did most of a Leslie Sansone walk; I have a zoom with my 3 sisters in one minute, so needed to take some of the walk time to get dressed, LOL.

It’s amazing how much better some exercise makes a body feel. I think I need to commit to some Leslie, at least a few days a week. ‘Twill do this body good!

Day 21 – second post

Watched MM on the TV the other night, there was a section on Mindful Eating.
    Where they had a raisin on a plate, picked it up, looked at it, thought about it, felt it, smelled it, put it to their lips, into the mouth, tasted it, chewed it, then swallowed it!

I thought about Mindful Eating this morning at breakfast.

It took me three and a half hours for a bowl of cornflakes, you can forget that for a lark 😉

Day 21 – third post

@i-hate-lettuce, I’ve seen the same thing about eating a peanut. They even broke it in half in the process, LOL! That was the same program where they said that naturally thin people take forever to eat, and we ought to put a 10 or 15 minute break in the middle of every meal.

I’ll never be naturally thin if that’s a requirement; the amazing food recipes that I worked hard to prepare gets cold if you leave it sit for ten or fifteen minutes! 🙂

And three and a half hours for a bowl of cereal? Those were some seriously soggy cornflakes by then!!! LOLOL!

Day 21 MN/USA NFD
    Day 20 NFD

Didn’t check in yesterday and I have two days of posts to catch up on.

Wednesday, Day 19 turned into a great FD of under 400 Calories, for my first B2B this time around. Back to 169lbs. Started 3 weeks ago around 175lbs.

Always a member of the ZBC, but I did fall off the DTF list last night. I’ll stay dry until Sunday now to make up for it, when we have a BBQ with DD’s family. Abstaining makes fasting so much easier for me. Any alcohol really increases my appetite the next day. I will stay under TDEE today and may try to have a FD tomorrow.

In the words of @flourbaby: “You could double your achievements from the first two weeks rather than halve or reverse them……” That’s what I’m aiming for!

Good luck and have a “Fun Friday!”

Day 22 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Quick check in. It’s our anniversary so planning romantic weekend and no thought of calories.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 22 – Lakes UK – CD

Good morning everyone

I know it’s weekend but it’s rather quiet in here this morning!

I’m certainly in the good books, due to the appalling weather yesterday, blowing a gale all day and raining on and off, I wasn’t even in the greenhouse!
    A ‘boys’ job, tinkering and fiddling to replace a couple of window handles, old double glazing is OK, just the handles were loose, internal bits worn (know the feeling ATM). The new ones are so good and look modern, ordered enough to replace all the rest! That’s a morning next week sorted!

Then out came the carpet cleaner, had a late lunch, but this morning when they’ve dried properly, like new, a vacuum round and they’ll fluff up lovely! Only 2 more to go then that’s another tick in the box, glad we live in a bungalow.

Having a slight rethink at the moment, re this WOL, I had to abort my FD on Thursday, but need to make it work, so will still keep popping in each morning (it’s a habit I’ve got used to and it really helps with motivation)

My BMR is 1821 calories per day (forget about exercise at the moment, yesterdays efforts were more than enough, but I didn’t half sleep well last night!)
    So had put myself on a daily 1500 calorie limit, except Friday and 2 FD’s per week.

No MOAM walks for at least another 3 weeks. Working on keeping the 1500 daily limit, including Friday, then modified FD’s of between 1000 and 1200, which should at least maintain or even lose a little bit, just slowly.

@daffodil2010 – Happy Anniversary, have a good weekend and enjoy yourselves.

Take care all

Day 22 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@i-hate-lettuce – “It took me three and a half hours for a bowl of cornflakes” 😂🤣

@daffodil2010 – enjoy your anniversary weekend! 🥂🍾

Here’s the link to ‘Lose a Stone in 21 Days…’ Part 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPpWmJDLehk

Have a good weekend everyone 🌈 ⛅️

ZBC List – Day 22 🚫🍳
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 22, London, UK, FD

It was a good NFD yesterday, as always, the key is to keep busy whether fasting or not, food takes a backseat and ……………….try not to fall over, but I can confirm there was just 1 single solitary glass of wine (and no it wasn’t a glass that holds an entire bottle – I have one, since someone knows me very, very well😜)!! My lake walk was short and sweet since it kept threatening to rain☁, then blinding sunshine, as much as I love stormy weather☔ 💨, I thought it best to head home after 30mins. I’m aiming for a regular FD today, it’ll be a bonus if it’s liquid only; we’ll see what happens😲!

@kazoo, my LFDs are the same as a normal FD. I finished dinner yesterday by 7pm (kitchen closed!!) then today, I’ll have bottle of water upon waking, then a cup of tea/coffee with a splash of semi skimmed milk mid-morning, the rest of the day will be water, peppermint tea or a miso sachet if I really, really need it, then bed and I’ll break my fast tomorrow, between 12 – 2pm (ZBC!!) then have dinner finished by 7pm. So, it’s a <25cal fast of no less than 41hrs.

@emma-taylor, I’ll save the movie for this evening when my fasted brain starts tempting me😜!!

@missybear, ice cream, chocolate & wine ……………………… now that’s an anniversary celebration!!!😁😜 Enjoy!!!

@annabelle48, It was a trial and error situation for me, I have a tendency to binge, so the key was to not have binge-worthy stuff in the house ………………….. nobody ever binged on Greek yoghurt & pickles!! After a meal out it might be worth you reminiscing about how enjoyable it was, note it down, remind yourself of every detail, then put it behind you as a lovely experience whilst remembering it was just one day, not a weekend nor week of indulgence & …………….. it was GREAT 🙌!!!

Good luck for the test and Mondays’ procedure @songbirdme🙏.

@stitchincarol, don’t beat yourself up, that word is banned here………………….. we never fail. As in all aspects of life, we just step off of the path for a minute or two to enjoy the scenery, then straight back to it💪!!!!

Happy anniversary @daffodil2010, this is definitely NOT the time to think of calories or fasting just…………….. 💜 👨👩 💕 🍷 🍾🥂🍰 🎂 💃!!!

Pocket List – Day 22 🍅
    @flourbaby

ZBC List – Day 22 🚫🍳
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

Onward & Downwards folks!!!!

Day 22 – USA/GA – NFD(?)

Well, enjoyed some naughty foods yesterday as my brother brought their kids pizza and some McDonald’s chicken nuggets. I use “enjoy” loosely lol — more of an unplanned nosh; so I think those are hanging out in the tummy this morning. Weighed in at 249 lbs. But still in the 240s club, three days running. Because of the long stretch, and the threat of cake when I return on my planned FD next Tuesday, I may try to find a day — today or tomorrow, to convert into a FD. The good/bad thing about celebrations is that everyone wants to surprise you with food and meals. So in reality, it may have to turn into an old-fashioned, restricted calorie CD over the weekend. Yikes. Well, I will try the best I can to stay in the 240s club the rest of the month.

Day 22 UK NFD

Managed to stick to my plans yesterday So feeling positive Off for a walk now to enjoy a blustery sea front 🌊

Have a good Saturday all

Day 22 – UK – TDEE

Well yesterday ended up just below TDEE and not a CD as planned but I’m OK with that 😊 If I can keep to just below TDEE for the weekend I would be happy so 🤞

Still drizzly here but the wind has more or less gone away – not sure if I’ll get out for a wander today – OH is out doing his daily Fell run – he goes out no matter the weather – I have made a fresh batch of spelt flour scones with raisins for him to have a couple on his return!

@daffodil2010 – enjoy your weekend 🍾🥂🍫🧁 Is it a special one??
    @i-hate-lettuce – I need a you around my house – OH is not into DIY tasks unfortunately…….Your calorie intake plan sounds eminently sensible and should certainly ensure that your weight remains stable and even lose a couple of lbs
    @missybear – Happy Anniversary for tomorrow 🍨🍫🥂🍷
    @annabelle48 – my advice would be to just keep persevering – remember a bad day does not make a bad week

No special plans for the weekend but looking forward to starting my new book, relaxing and enjoying life.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Day 22 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Yesterday’s eating was reasonable and the scale rewarded me with a 2oz loss. I also walked yesterday with Leslie Sansone, and have already walked with her this morning; my goal is to finish August with determination and high motivation. I keep toying with making today a FD, and think I can do so with little effort. Tomorrow’s Sunday, so brunch is biscuits and gravy and we’ll have BLTs for an early supper. (I’m chuckling for those of you who think I’m talking about cookies and gravy. Biscuits and gravy is a southern thing that my youngest dearly loves, so we have it in our brunch rotation. I think @northgeorgia defined American biscuits as fluffy scones; here’s a recipe https://sugarspunrun.com/easy-homemade-biscuits/)

@daffodil2010, hapy anniversary!
    @i-hate-lettuce, your determination and discipline to maintain this WOL in the face of your health issues impresses me hugely, and I wish you luck that your new aproach not only maintains your weight loss, but continues it…and that you sleep better!
    @flourbaby, thanks for the encouragement
    @northgeorgia, we’re rooting for you that you find a solution so that you do indeed stay in the 240s Club even over this lovely vacation birthday weekend!
    Aww, @brightonbelle, I miss those blustery sea fronts! I grew up just five blocks from the ocean and loved those gale-force winds!

Have a grand day/evening, everyone!

Day 22 Canada NFD

Have a few high calorie meals coming my way this weekend and will try portion control and skipping some meals so that I hold the line 🤞

Have a wonderful weekend! Resting, celebrating, spending time with friends or doing whatever comes your way 😎

Day 22 USA (Illinois) NFD

Tomorrow will be a CD, so taking today as a fairly normal eating day. No breakfast, which has become my norm.

@daffodil2010 – Happy Anniversary, dear Daffodil ♫♪♫♪ happy anniversary to you! Hope and pray it is delightful and oh so romantic.

@flourbaby – thank you for the good wishes and prayers for Monday’s trip to the ‘scope’ doctor.

@stitchincarol – it is funny to think about “cookies and gravy” as our Brit friends would call our biscuits. I remember very well (about 45 years ago) a Southern friend showing me how she made them from scratch, no recipe, and there’s no way I would try, probably even with your easy recipe. I got some from our Schwan’s man on Wednesday, and I am going to try them soon. With just me and DH in the house, making just a few frozen ones at a time makes sense.

Onward and downward.

Day 22 MN/USA NFD

Well, too hard to do a FD on a Saturday as I had planned. This Saturday, anyway. I still haven’t caught up on posts, but somehow I got on the March 2020 challenge because of something someone said. I spent a couple hours last night reading the posts. I think I got to March 21 before I finally went to bed. So interesting, since that is the “Covid -19” month, as I think of it. I wish I’d been on the forum then; maybe I could have kept the last 10 lbs off, with all of the support that was offered.

It’s 5:40 pm my time (central daylight, US) so I’m 6 hours behind any Brits, and who knows how far behind the Aussies ( I did know in past…..a lot…15+?). I’m sure the lot of you have had a great evening, (or in process 😉 ). I will commit to a FD on Monday. Feeling good about my 6lb loss since Aug. 1. I’d like to get a couple more pounds off this month, but I feel like I need to take it easier this time and be ok with slow and steady. Last couple of times I burned myself out trying to lose weight fast. Probably why I drifted away from 5:2 WOL a couple years ago: too big of a push, and then burned out.

I’ll try to get caught up on current posts. Sorry to all if I’ve missed something important. I think the world of everyone on this forum and wish only the best for each one.

Day 23 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

So quiet on here today?! See you all on tomorrow’s pocket list…. 🎯

Happy S🌞nday!

ZBC List – Day 23 🚫🍳
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 23 – Lake district UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

@funshipfreddie – was like this yesterday, think people are having a weekend off, or they’ve turned ‘the wagon’ into a party bus and haven’t told us 😉 Rugby has started again here, no crowds in the stadiums but it’s live on TV and the weekly roundup program as well, very strange without all the cheering (or booing) in the background though! Funny how things are picked up more on the refs mike, there were several occasions where the commentators said “excuse the language”.

@stichincarol – Thanks for the comments, still getting my (our) head round it, first surgery on Friday, then they will know exactly what they’re dealing with and a course of treatment, yes it is cancer, but looking at treatment, ‘with curative intent’. Luckily my (weird) sense of humour hasn’t deserted me, I’ve always been bloody minded/awkward/determined as well, so that probably helps. Putting my trust in ‘the team’ as this is not a DIY project, they’re the experts and I have full confidence in them.
    Was very wary about putting anything on the forum, … don’t want fuss … or drag it down, but love the positivity here and need to keep this WOL going.

@at – Sorry, I’m not for hire at the moment, looking to keep busy at home, but nothing too taxing! Planning the calorie intake and keeping the weight under control as you saw earlier, especially as walks/exercise is very restricted, really don’t want to undo the work of the last 12 months or so.

Job for today … Plan the garden ready for autumn moving of plants and next years scheme! I’ve been planning doing the planning for the last couple of weeks, but still not got around to it! At least it’s stopped raining so, notepad and garden canes later today.

Take care all

Day 23 Melb Aust NFD

Have not been doing well lately – too cold! But have decided to have a FD800 week pre-weigh-in for the end of the month.

@i hate lettuce, you could certainly come my way as well! I have several “handyman” chores available.
    Will also be thinking of you, and believing for a positive outcome for you!!

@funshipfreddie, thanks for the youtube – haven’t looked at it yet, but will tonight, as (see above) I plan to do a limited version of their 800-cal process for the next 8 days. Need to jumpstart some change.

@northgeorgia, congrats on the 247, and let’s hope you not only stay firmly in the 240s, but also continue to progress downwards.

Keep on keeping on everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 760 total)

You must be logged in to reply.