🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 758 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  NorthernDawn 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 760 total)

• Day 21 – UK – NFD

Day 22 – NFD

Day 23 – CD/OMAD

Good Morning All

Following Fast800 eating plan and at midpoint to find I’m on a bit of a plateau. Entering everything on MFP. Some meals are over my own set allowance and guess I need to dial them down a bit. Would like to be in healthy BMI at the end of the plan in 6 weeks time.

Have a great day.

Day 23, London UK, NFD,

As usual, it’s quiet over the weekend. @funshipfreddie, you’re right, I imagine tomorrow’s pocket list will include every single member of this month’s challenge😁😜😂!!!!
    Yesterdays’ intended FD or LFD didn’t happen, laziness took over as did the siren call of that bottle of Malbec🍷 in the garage and the aged goats cheese & crackers that went soooooooo well with it!!!!!! Thank goodness I drank all of it😕😲, so no temptations today, Phew😜!!! No doubt, it’ll come back to bite me in a few days when the scales laugh at me😖!

@northerndawn, congratulations on the -6lbs, that’s a marvellous achievement for 1 month🥇, you’ve still got a week to go so stick with what you’re doing, no pressure, even maintaining that loss would be great!!!

@i-hate-lettuce, you’ve got a no-fuss, fabulous cheering team sending healing vibes, prayers, positive thoughts & mojo your way, available 24hrs as we’re international and best of all, entirely anonymous!!!🙏

@betsylee, I hope your recovery is speedy 🙏 & the fast800 helps, I remember reading somewhere that a continuous period of fasting helps with recovery because your body has better things to do than digest stuff……………………… like repair & recharge😁!!!

@judyjudes, keep going!!!! The plateau can be disheartening, I KNOW!!! But ……………………………………
    “Most people give up right before the big break comes — don’t let that person be you.” – Michael Boyle

Happy S🌞nday!

ZBC List – Day 23 🚫🍳
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby

Day 23 second post

@flourbaby – thanks for your post …

…. @i-hate-lettuce, you’ve got a no-fuss, fabulous cheering team sending healing vibes, prayers, positive thoughts & mojo your way, available 24hrs as we’re international and best of all, entirely anonymous …

I thought for a while before posting about it, I’m not one for fuss or upsetting the apple cart, but do find ‘the gang’ round here so positive … plus I really have done well with weight loss and don’t want to go backwards, which is the real reason for me being here.

But you still won’t find me on the DTF list before Thurday 😉

Day 23 OMAD London

@ihatelettuce – good luck with your hospital procedure. We will be thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery. You’ve been a great addition to the forum. Get better soon.

Happy ☀️ day everybody.

Day 23 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Happy Sunday everyone. I would say tomorrow’s pocket list will be a big one 😀

I am currently reading the Grounding book with a bag of frozen peas clamped to my neck. Yes, I have a pain in my neck for the past few weeks, I suspect it might have something to do with my new desk space in work, but the neck is sore today. If I can’t get rid of the pain I might have to see a doc about it next week.

I have been walking barefoot in my garden and it does help with well being. Simple things. Who would have thought.

@i-hate-lettuce no fuss, but wishing you well, you are a stalwart on this forum with your early morning postings, get well soon. I like your DTF list starting in a Thursday . 🍺🍺😉

Day 23 UK NFD

Yes I’ll be on every list in the morning , although quietly pleased with myself for a mindful weekend

@daffodil2010 Ouch Hope you get that sorted

@i-hate-lettuce I know you don’t want a fuss but rooting for you x

Day 23 USA (Illinois) FD

My FD today is pre-colonoscopy prescribed, so I’ll take advantage of it. I got to eat granola and yogurt for breakfast, but will only be clear liquids the rest of the day. I’m actually looking forward to my Vegemite broth! 🙂

No fuss, indeed @flourbaby – LOVED your post:

…. @i-hate-lettuce, you’ve got a no-fuss, fabulous cheering team sending healing vibes, prayers, positive thoughts & mojo your way, available 24hrs as we’re international and best of all, entirely anonymous …

We are here for you for sure.

@daffodil2010 – ouch. Hope your pain subsides soon!

Onward and downward.

Day 23 – USA/GA – NFD(?)

Yesterday was neither a FD nor necessarily a CD day, but I did try to be mindful about eating only at meal times, eating only to near satiety, and not snacking in between. It must have worked; I weighed in at 248 lbs again today. Still overly worried about my FDs this week (I have heard about the threat of cake when I return to work on Tuesday since I’m taking off Monday for my birthday), so can’t decide what type of day today will be. I think I just have to play it by ear through Tuesday — maybe just be careful as I have been throughout this weekend, and if Tuesday/Thursday doesn’t work out for FDs this week, I’ll have to move Tuesday to Wednesday. Then, can I do another one on Thursday? Hmmm… I don’t know. Never done a back-to-back before. I need to chill. It’s a birthday weekend and despite my worst anxieties, I’ve held steady.

I created a new “motivation” for me (yes, I probably have half a dozen self-motivating items already, but the more I make, the more focused I am on my goals). One of my ongoing projects is to digitize all the family photos and store them by year on the cloud and portable hard drives (yes, this takes forever!). Anyway, I’m maybe 1/3 the way through and have quite a collection already. I have taken a copy of my daily weigh-in Excel sheet and digitally snipped some photos of myself through the years — some recent ones I can actually connect to my weight records, others are guesses. Then I paste these, like a collage, next to my current weight records and weight goals for this year and the next. As I lose weight, I will take additional photos and paste them into the collage. Yes, it’s a shame we can’t grow younger as well as thinner! Still, it reminds me of how my body shape will change at each stage along the way (for example: hmmm, at this weight, I don’t see it dropping a lot in my thighs or neck, but I do seem to have lost some in my face and waist). I think subconsciously this will help me be patient with what I see in the mirror and realize it takes time to reach my final goal.

There’s a sign over the door, “Dance the night away at the 240s Club this September!” Day four in the 240s indicates that I am sitting by the wall, waiting for the music to start playing, and that I make a month of it, hoping that I’ll be kicked out the backdoor for some fast and wild moves on the dance floor way before closing time sometime in October.

Oh, and while looking online for success stories on the 5:2 (as well coming across the occasional profit-making nutritionist who makes negative comments), I found this little gem of wisdom to help encourage us all:

https://insideoutstyleblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/diet-advice1.jpg

Best wishes to everyone!

almost day 24 country west Australia FD
    So, who stole August ????
    Turned around for a moment at the end of July and when I looked , we were into the last week of August.
    Busy busy month. Lots happening with elderly parents-in-law; holidays away from internet reception; doctors’ appointments; hospital day visits and tests here and there.
    Anyway, everything is hunky dorey, all systems fine; blood tests and others all AOK so now I am raring to go.
    Back to 5:2 in full. ( I feel for @i-hate-lettuce) , it’s difficult to do 5:2 when a) the forms stipulate that you are NOT to do a water fast pre-op before the hospital fast!
    and b) you are so busy throwing up everything all day anyway!! ( apologies for being so graphic but it was a bit of a challenging time.)
    Will read as many posts as possible when able.
    So good to be back and among friends ☺️Night all.

Day 23 UK

Was planning a FD yesterday but a 5 .30 hours power cut put the kybosh on that. We didn’t know how long it would last and didn’t want to open the fridge so had to go out to have a meal in the evening. Only place we could go locally was a curry restaurant with the resulting weight gain today.
    Am trying to be careful today before adding myself to the I suspect very long list tomorrow.
    I am out to lunch on Wednesday meeting up with some old friends not seen for many months. Nothing special, I think Cafe Rouge is on the cards, but I remember one of you kind folk said that drinking alcohol made you very hungry the next day so I will not be drinking to test the theory.

@judyjudes. Hang in there re the plateau it will change.
    @ I hate lettuce. Good luck with hospital procedure. I like your DIL analogy of the coal on the fire. Going without food all day doesn’t suit me.
    @songbirdme. I think you have a procedure coming up( or maybe you have had it). Was going to wish you well so hope I have the right name and haven’t missed it.

My ketostix have arrived so will be planning to use them this week.

More power to your elbow everyone.

D22 NFD Lake District UK

D23 NFD Lake District UK

Well yesterday didn’t turn out as expected and i missed posting.

As we have been shielding we haven’t been out since the beginning of lock down we decided to take the car for a drive. It was a lovely and we didn’t meet a lot of people. I packed our lunch and off we set but did stop for an ice cream. We put our masks on to enter the shop and then sat outside to eat it, masks off of course. I enjoyed every mouthful and thought well this is ok but when I got home I could not stop eating and have been the same today.

Had a dreadful nights sleep and was awake at 3.15am having been awake for sometime so I decided to get up and read.It was probably due to eating too much.

Cant wait for tomorrow as it is my FD and I plan to to Monday, tuesday and Wednesday this week. I will also join the Pocket List and the ZBC.

@songbird @at thanks for the recipe

@flourbaby so basically your fasts are from 7pm on friday until lunch time on Sunday. Thats great good luck with the next one.

@daffodil2010 hope your neck is better soon. I have got the grounding book to read next but haven’t tried the barefoot walking yet. Happy anniversary.

Sorry if I have missed replying to anyone.

I would like to say happy birthday/anniversary to anyone if I have missed you and also to send my best wishes to anyone having a procedure in the near future.@ hate lettuce and @songbirdme

Tomorrow is a new day

D23 NFD Lake District UK

We’ll I have just spent the last 20 minutes reading yesterday and todays post and replying to them and have lost the lot. That will teach me to save things.

So basically if I have missed replying to you I am sorry but I did read your post.

If it is your birthday/ anniversary ENJOY

If you are having a procedure in the near future, I wish you well.

I will be joining the pocket list and ZBC tomorrow

Have a lovely eying and see you all tomorrow

Day 23 – UK – CD

Last 2 days came in to just under TDEE and hoping for a CD today so making this weekend the best controlled one so far this month 😊 so like @brightonbelle said I’m quietly pleased with myself for the control showed!

Another damp day but no heavy rain even got some sunshine so snuck out for a quick walk in between the rain showers🚶‍♀️

@stitchincarol @songbirdme – your “biscuits” are very much like our savoury scones in the UK
    @northerndawn – 6lbs loss so far in August is good going!
    @i-hate-lettuce – shame you are not for hire!! Seriously your 5:2 online friends are here for you and Mrs IHL especially in the lead up to your planned surgery and ongoing treatment – as others have said sending healing vibes and positive thoughts your way – It sounds like you have positive and strong mindset and that is a good way forward 🤗
    @northgeorgia – great job on staying around your target weight for this month – I’m sure you’ll drop a couple more before the end of the challenge💪
    @judyjudes – you doing the F800 daily for 8 weeks?? low carb and high protein as per MM’s recent TV programme??
    @betsylee – I may join you with FD800 Mon-Thurs next week as we have a 3 course meal delivery from L’Enclume, a cumbrian 2 star Michelin star restaurant, on Friday – I think @i-hate-lettuce sampled one of their meals a month or so back and I have also ordered the wine flight they recommend with the meal so need to ensure I have some leeway for that indulgence!!!
    @daffodil2010 – hope your neck discomfort settles down – so annoying!!!
    @songbirdme – good luck with your procedure tomorrow – perhaps today has not been a great day with the prep required…..
    @lilymartin – great to see popping back on the challenge and back to 5:2 in full. Sounds like you have had a very busy time with health issues with various members of the family – hope all is well with you 🤗

Looking forward to joining many on the Pocket list tomorrow and especially giving support to @betsylee at least for the first 4 days on her week of FD800

ZBC List – Day 22 🚫🍳
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @at

WITH THE NEW DAY COMES NEW STRENGTH AND NEW THOUGHTS
    This is from First Lady and activist Eleanor Roosevelt, and perfectly sums up why you shouldn’t fret if things don’t go your way today – tomorrow is a new day.

Day 23 – second post

I wanted this to be a separate post. I got my ketone strips yesterday, and got a negative reaction on the first one; I know that Annabelle48 is also looking forward to using her own strips. Anyone else?

Questions:
    1. Does it matter what time of day we test?
    2. I’ve been doing Fast5 (19/5) since July 24, with only six days out of the thirty not sticking to the five-hour eating window (and most of the time it was a 4- or even 3-hour window); shouldn’t that be enough to put me in ketosis?
    3. As I understood the Fast5 book, fasting is enough to put people into ketosis, but something else I read commented about low or no carb being required for ketosis. Which is true?
    4. Is there something else I should be doing to go into ketosis?

I know this is not a group of experts, but I also know that many of you have read up enough, and have the scientific background, that you have some keen insights and also have personal experience, so I’d love to hear the comments you have to offer.

Oh, GAH!!!!!!!

My huge, long, complimentary and reactionary post never posted!!! I saved it carefully, it posted fine (or so I thought), so I went ahead and saved my “second post” before posting, in case it got lost–and so the save I did for my long post is gone.

sometimes I hate the functionality of this forum’s website. Gah.

So, if you said something sad, I sympathized; if you said some glad, I celebrated. I also asked you, @i-hate-lettuce, to tell us about your garden somethings…canes?

sigh

Day 23 – Rural Nebraska, USA – TDEE

I behaved myself for our biscuits-and-gravy brunch, and have BLTs on the menu for supper, so as long as I don’t go nuts with the beer, I’ll be below TDEE, which is all I hope for on Sundays, and tomorrow is a FD with all the rest of you. 🙂

@northerndawn, I’m beyond dazzled by your 6lb loss for August; well, well done!
    @i-hate-lettuce, I’m interested in your garden planning: how do you use “garden canes”? And how big are they? I’m assuming they’re some kind of stake, but I’m interested to hear details.
    @betsylee, have you tried hot tea/coffee/water to combat the cold when fasting in the winter? I know that’s the worst part of FDs for DH and me in the winter, is how freezing cold we are by four o’clock.
    @judyjudes, other than your current plateau, how is the progress in your reach for a healthy BMI? Have you made encouraging progress?
    @daffodil2010, is your neck any better? I get a horribly sore neck every now and again, and always assume it’s some sort of headache; whatever the cause, they are certainly miserable.
    @brightonbelle, what an accomplishment that you were mindful for the entire weekend; that’s so very difficult to do!
    @songbirdme, my experience says that once you get through tonight, the procedure itself is a non-event. My one and only (so far) had me chatting with the doctor while waiting for the anesthesia to kick in–and then the doctor was beaming at me and telling me, “Well done, Carol, your colon looks GREAT!” LOL, he’s a very enthusiastic doctor who gets excited about such things. 🙂
    @northgeorgia, your discipline in not over-eating is awe inspiring! Well, well done. And the link you gave us about cell phones?? I guffawed out loud and am still grinning at its spot-on humor!
    @lilymartin, so sorry to hear about the many problems you’ve had over the last month, and so delighted you’re able to be back with us and back on the wagon with us all; welcome back!
    @kazoo, I feel your pain. My touch-pad on my laptop has suddenly started to go haywire and I lose entire messages, close windows, click on links, move tabs into new windows–all without intentionally doing any of it. sigh. It’s a serious irritation that–in my case–isn’t solved by writing messages in Word and then pasting because the touch-pad still misbehaves. So, yes, I feel your pain, LOL! My new solution is to type a bit, select all and copy. Then type some more, select all and copy. Then type some more…etc., etc. Tedious, but it’s working.
    Oh, @at, what a glorious meal this is that you’re anticipating! Please plan on giving us a full report!

A final comment for today: I pray for many of you, especially those of you with health issues going on. What a treasure you all are, and I’m so glad I’ve rejoined this group. Hugs, everyone.

Hah! I was able to get back to it and after three tries, it posted.

I’m so relieved.

You laughing or rolling your eyes at me yet???

Day 24, FD, Aus

I’m back home, so that should mean back in control. I did not eat very mindfully last week while away. Hello bandwagon, I am back on.

What an amazing birthday present you gave yourself @northgeorgia! The 240s club! Many happy returns for today.

I thought those crescent shaped calorie bombs must have been croissants, @flourbaby. Cashews seem so mild in comparison to what I was imagining.

The grounding discussion is interesting. I cannot walk on a beach with shoes on. I love the feel of sand under my toes. We’ve had so much rain lately (and on the weekends!) that I’ve been donning gumboots when I find a dry window to take the dogs out. Sand is one thing, squelchy mud is another.

@EmmaTaylor, I don’t know of any derogatory connotations to ‘ground sheet’ (which I understand to just mean a sheet, often plastic, put on the ground, under a sleeping bag or in a tent). But then again, I’m always open to learning something new every day!

I have been neglecting Leslie; I better call on her this afternoon!

@Ihatelettuce – I’m so pleased you’re on this WOL because you’ve already given your health and recovery prospects a huge head start.

sympathies, @stithincarol – I think we’ve all battled computer/post gremlins at some point, so no eye rolling here.

Happy Monday everyone.

Day 24 FD pocket list:
    @penz

Day 24 ZBC list:
    @penz

Day 24 country west Australia. CD
    Already the FD has become a NFD.
    It’s cold and the toast my DH was having just looked too good to resist – so I didn’t. I do love toast with Vegemite. ( Some years ago there was a whole debate on this forum re Vegemite and marmite).
    @betsylee, I used to have a teaspoon of Vegemite in a mug of hot water on FDs when I got cold and it worked well.
    Another trick I do is to save the water I cook my vegetables in. ( My mum always used to do that and use as stock).
    I too use this as stock for soups or just heat it and drink it on FDs. Very healthy and almost zero calories and warming.
    Thoughts and prayers with all who are having procedures done – not a fun time usually.
    @judyjudes, if you are on a plateau, I will hold your hand – or lash you on to the plateau with strong ropes if need be – but please I BEG you do NOT do what I did and give up.
    I was very silly and got fed up with plateau living and simply rolled of that plateau and went a long long LONNNNGGGGGGG way off track.
    And here I am now a few years later SLOWLY getting back on the wagon ( oh for a plateau at the weight I was on before rolling off!!)
    Hang in, hang on but do NOT hang up!!

Day 24 – Japan – WFD 67

My Friday fast went well. My weekend over eating wasn’t as bad as it could have been. The heat is less today, so I almost got a full workout in. I checked my weight late last week and I was back up to 84.1 kg. Probably because I haven’t been working out so much. So I guess I really do need to start curbing my non-fast days a bit. My normal range is form 78kg to 82kg. Hmmm … lost some ground.

D24 FD UK Lake District

Just popping in to say good morning and to add my name to the pocket list.

Day 24 FD pocket list:
    @penz
    @kazoo

Day 24 ZBC list:
    @penz
    @kazoo

Happy Monday.

Day 24, Emden Germany, FD
    Day 21-23 NFD

it just took me over an hour to write a post and after editing it twice it seems gone. I hope it will turn up. It’s not good to start a FD while so frustrated.

@i-hate-lettuce I hope everything will turn out well.

@northgeorgia Happy Birthday!

Day 24 FD pocket list:
    @penz
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56

Day 24 ZBC list:
    @penz
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Happy Monday.

Day 24 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Had a good weekend as far as eating goes. Lost the plot with the alcohol though, & I really need to get back on that DTF list! 😳

@i-hate-lettuce – wishing you a speedy recovery 🤗

@northgeorgia – Happy Birthday! 🎂🎈🎁🎉 🥂

Pocket List – Day 24 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 24 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

ZBC List – Day 24 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 24 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – LFD

It’s day 1 of a B2B and following my schedule of 2017 I will throw an LFD at today. Tomorrow will be OMAD. I have an August goal that is well achievable so long as I stick to my guns and be determined to reach or beat that goal.

Thanks all for you good wishes re the pesky neck pain, I reckon it’s muscular or something, it’s not so bad today……getting old brings all sorts of odd creaks and aches…last week it was my calf muscle that was suddenly sore, I was limping a bit, then it got better.

I have ordered a grounding mat for the bed. It’s only a half one so it will be placed at our feet. DH doesn’t know about it yet, he is fairly ok with all my brown rice, hippy do-da theories, he even went barefoot on the lawn for me on Friday…….but not sure how he will react to the grounding mat 🤔😄

Have a great Monday everyone, just another week to go, we have this.

Day 24 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

I have enjoyed a delicious weekend of celebration and now I need to reboot with a good FD but I’m not in the mood….its going to be a tough one today.

@i-hate-lettuce no fuss just best wishes for a speedy recovery and I will be thinking of you and Mrs i-h-l on Friday 🤗

Better get on the lists and hang on tight. Just one day, I can do anything for just one day…..

Pocket List – Day 24 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    DTF List – Day 24 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    ZBC List – Day 24 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 24 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the thoughts folks, nice to know you’re rooting for me (although think that might mean something different to our Aussie friends!?) As has been commented many times, the positive support and encouragement round here is brilliant!

Yesterday, finally did the garden planning I’d been planning, but kept putting it off! Summer is changing surprisingly quickly, darker early and much cooler overnight, lots of dead heading on the plants to keep them going.

@stichincarol – The ‘garden canes’ for planning is actually a very simple tip, ordinary bamboo canes about 4 ft long (or a straight stick will do) labels and a notepad. Any plant that you want to move, stick a cane into it, to the height it flowers, tie a label to the cane and number it. Tie another label to another cane and put it in the place you want the plant moving to. That way when the plants are cut back in Sept/Oct you haven’t forgotten what was going where or how tall it grows.
    This year is unusual as the original planting was only 2 years ago, earlier this year was filling in gaps. So some things are happy where they are, others need moving, hopefully next year, all will be good.

FD today for me as well, have had to adjust the WOL slightly, but keeping a tighter eye on the calorie count and adjusting meals is working. Weighing each day at the moment to keep an eye on things, but will stick to Friday ‘recording’ although a slight movement downwards, despite less exercise!

@daffodil2010 – Grounding mat? Only thing I can think of about one of those is for when you do some welding? Somehow don’t think it’s the same thing, you and DH wearing protective ‘welders rigger boots’ to bed? Nope don’t think so 😉

Take care all

Pocket List – Day 24 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010 LFD
    @missybear
    @i-hate-lettuce

DTF List – Day 24 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear

ZBC List – Day 24 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 24 – UK – FD

Good Morning

Today is the start of wk7 of 12 of Fast800. Here’s my progress to date:-

Wk1 10st 3.4lbs
    Wk2 10st 0.7lbs
    Wk3 9st 12.5lbs
    Wk4 9st 10.1lbs
    Wk5 9st 7.5lbs
    Wk6 9st 6.5lbs
    Wk7 9st 4.1lbs

I had a small whoosh of a couple of lbs after having gone back up. I hope the new low sticks!

Pocket List – Day 24 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010 LFD
    @missybear
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes

DTF List – Day 24 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear

ZBC List – Day 24 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Wishing you all a great week.

Day 24 UK FD

Morning all Just a week of August left so I’m giving it a big push

@stitchincaril I’m no expert but from what I’ve read in Fast800 it doesn’t matter when you test Everyone’s different some might take a few days others week – I started on <50g carbs a day last Monday and did Mon & Thurs OMAD <500 cals and I didn’t go into ketosis I’m going to try <30g this week and see what happens

As expected Mega list today -Good Luck all

Pocket List – Day 24 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010 LFD
    @missybear
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 24 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle

ZBC List – Day 24 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Pocket List – Day 24 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010 LFD
    @missybear
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @annabelle48

Day 24 FD UK

Had a good day yesterday and have lost all the weight put on by the decadent lunch. Am now within sight of goal this month but have been here before so strict attention is needed. I have another 12 oz to go which doesn’t seem much but as you know I am a very slow tortoise so am being very careful.
    Haven’t tried the ketostix yet as only arrived over the weekend but will let you know how I get on.

@judyjudes. WOW what an impressive loss over your 7 weeks. Never mind the plateau focus on what you have achieved. Not possible for me due to steroids but I am slowly winning the battle. Your health stats must have improved greatly. Keep it up.
    @ North Georgia. Happy birthday to you.

TTFN

Day 24 2nd post

Just noted my FD on the spreadsheet and saw @northgeorgia has a birthday 🎂 have a wonderful day 🎉 🥳

Day 19 Oxfordshire, UK – CD
    Day 20 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Day 21 Oxfordshire, UK – CD
    Day 22 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Day 23 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Day 24 Oxfordshire, UK – CD
    Not sure where last week disappeared too. I’ve been keeping up with posts, but not got round to posting.
    I’m sending positive vibes for any procedures, lots of congratulations for those who are losing and some keep going vibes for those who are stalling.
    I’ve decided to try some recipes from Fast800 cook book and see how they go down with the family before committing to low carb fully. In the meantime I will aim to cut back on sugary treats on my NFDs.
    8 days left of this challenge. So best foot forward for a good finish.
    Pocket List – Day 24 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010 LFD
    @missybear
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @annabelle48

DTF List – Day 24 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

ZBC List – Day 24 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 24, London, UK, LFD

Posted this 1st thing this morning …………… computer gremlins ate it, so I’ve amended the lists and i’m re-posting now, yoga has just finished so this post is a good 4hrs out of date!!!!

@northgeorgia, ✨Happy Birthday 🎂✨, don’t even think about fasting or that number on the scales!!! We love this WOL because we can still have a life 🙌 ………………………….. with cake🍰 & vino🍷!!!!! Have a fantastic day🎇 I would sing, but nobody needs that in their life, that’s @songbirdme‘s 🎶 department!!!

So, today, we start the final week of this Auspicious August challenge, where we all took steps to combat this *%$@>?” virus, not to mention the other pandemic that is plaguing humanity …………………………. Obesity. We aren’t going to cure it, we aren’t going to eradicate it, but we are taking control, taking steps and taking action to look after our own health. I plan to never put undue pressure on our NHS, I would rather those funds go to caring for my mum who is battling dementia, or my friends battling cancer or mental health issues🙏🙏🙏.

I tend to take my foot off of the pedal for the final week (self-sabotage!!), this time, I’m roping in some others who have similar tendencies, so ……………………………… @saffy420, @bellyblast @betsylee, @hedwig6 & @suki2 (purely due to July’s ‘cake week’) hold my hand, strap yourselves in, it’ll probably be a rough week (Why aren’t months 21 days???) but we can & we will complete this challenge as we started it!!!! To those who met their targets, get strapped in & comfy on the wagon too, this is NOT the time to relax!!!!
    No faffing, no fannying around, no procrastinating, no excuses, no towel throwing in, a week is a heck of a long time (7 lifetimes for a Mayfly!!!), no getting complacent, no thinking ‘I’ll be better in September’ ……………………………………. & absolutely no pressure!!!………………………..
    ………………………….“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Yesterday was a NFD with an English breakfast ……………………………… at 3pm😜😂😝!!!! Then soup at 6pm!! It’s like I always say, who invented mornings anyway, who says I have to get up with the sun, who said I have to eat breakfast, who reckoned it was a good idea to get out of a nice warm bed & go to work & what fool invented the alarm clock anyway????? Can you tell I’m NOT a morning person????

@penz, how’s the work trip going ……………………………… mindful????😂😜 I only laugh because I know the answer, we are 2 peas in a pod after-all, or could that be corks in a bottle🍷🍾🥂???!!! Re-read your Day 6 post, it resonated with me and should inspire you!!!! Same for @emma-taylor, your Day 6 post should set you straight whenever you’re having a wobble!!!!

@daffodil2010, I hope that neck gets better soon, I’ve had an annoying pain in the neck for quite a while; he prefers to be called Dan though😂😜😂!!!!!

@annabelle48, I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that your liver is so busy dealing with the poison (booze!!) that it hasn’t got time to release glycogen then move to fat burning ……………………….. basically booze just wastes a lot of fat burning time, so weight loss comes to a grinding halt ……………………….. it doesn’t stop me indulging though!!!!!

Halo polishing for @brightonbelle😇 ……………………………………..& @at😇 you better to get it in now, before Friday’s delivery from L’Enclume, enjoy!!!!!!

Yoga in an hour, then visiting my mum, then working to catch-up on stuff I should have done last week ……………………. Welcome back Queen of procrastination!!!

After yesterday, I can now cross @lilymartin off of this list, yay!! ……………………. @michelinme, @jaifaim, @suki2, ‘ccco, @fasterjo, @saffy420, @murielpuce, @shinything, @hedwig6, @therealwil78, @irenak, @prettyhelen, @time4me, @basyjames & @fastingto58kgs thinking of you guys as we enter this final week, looking forward to y’all joining us again soon, it’s never, ever too late🙏.

Pocket List – Day 24 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010 LFD
    @missybear
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD

DTF List – Day 24 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2
    @flourbaby

ZBC List – Day 24 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby

Have we had a hosting offer for September? Anybody interested? It took me 3 years to offer, and if you’re a daily poster, it doesn’t change a thing! …………………………………………. Just as a matter of interest (Zero pressure!!) but we haven’t had a male host yet!!!!

second post
    @flourbaby – thanks for roping me in. You’re quite right I’m an expert at self sabotage, not just in the final week either. I did see sight of my all time low last Wednesday, but I think its probably in hiding after the weekend.
    I’m on a mission to find it again before/by the end of the month despite two meals out this week and an overnight at my mum’s. (I’m cooking for her so I can retain some control)

Day 24 OMAD London

@flourbaby – thanks for your support. I’d better go back and see what I wrote on day 6! All fine here – I’m too polite to explain the derogatory use of groundsheet, but suffice to say, you probably wouldn’t want to be called that.
    @ihatelettuce – the earthing/ grounding thing seems to cure or at least help with all kinds of ailments. When I read fasting helped one to swerve cancer, and diabetes, and dementia etc etc etc, I was in. Sounds like earthing has a similar, age old, effect. We shall see.
    I apologise for not hosting so far. I wasn’t sure I could do it on holiday, but if these are curtailed permanently, I’ll definitely host.
    Thanks for putting me on the DTF list, @funshipfreddie. I’ve been struggling.

Day 24 – USA/GA – NFD

Thanks, everyone for the birthday wishes! My sister-in-law cooked a ham with the trimmings yesterday, and there was some sort of mix up, so it was the first time I received two birthday cakes at one sitting LOL!

The great thing was that photos were taken (yes, I always have come to dread that), and the old judgmental voice started nagging me about how overweight I am. But because of my “visual weight loss” collage project, I was able to snip the “worst” photo of me last night showing my belly, arms and face, and paste it into the collage next to the 240s Club entrance. When I did that, lo and behold — context! I could tell that I matched up not with my pictures from the last two years in the 260s and 270s, but with an image from Christmas 2017 when I weighed about the same as I do now (just with grayer hair, haha). So, I think this will help with my self-confidence and also to become less afraid of the camera over the coming months.

Needless to say, I decided to just enjoy the weekend without having a FD nor a rigid CD. I just tried to be mindful of the likelihood of larger early dinners and moved lunchtime earlier (obliterating breakfast); that seemed to work for maintenance as today I was a little heavier but still weighed in at 248 lbs. A nice birthday gift, and good practice for going into the holiday season just a few months away 🙂

I’ll do the same today, as I have nothing special planned but taking the day off work and just relaxing around the house. Tomorrow should be a FD and that’s what I’ll plan for, but hey, things could change. Good luck to everyone on the long Monday FD pocket list today!

Day 24 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

Happy birthday, @northgeorgia! Your approach to eating yesterday sounds like a man who knows how to live life fully and still not go unmindfully nuts; well done.
    Oh, @snowflake56, that’s so frustrating to completely lose a post; you have my sympathies!
    @daffodil2010, glad your neck is feeling better.
    @i-hate-lettuce, what a clever idea, especially part about it being labeled at the height where it blooms. I have several plants I want to move and several I want to add, and that may be the exact way I will approach it so it’s ready for next spring, the ideal time to move plants here in Nebraska. Although, the amount of snow we get may destroy any markers I put on it. Hmmm…
    @judyjudes, what terrific progress you’re getting from Fast800! Congratulations!

Mondays are DH’s and my day off to get things done, but today is supposed to get well into the 90s with lots of humidity, so I’m not planning on any yard work except to pick all the tomatoes that are waiting, and some green beans to steam for supper. All week will be like this, but next week will hopefully return to normal August behavior: hot in the day and cool at night. Fingers crossed! So instead, I have a date with Leslie and who knows what else.

Have a great and successful day, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 24 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010 LFD
    @missybear
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @stitchincarol

DTF List – Day 24 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2
    @flourbaby
    @stitchincarol — FIRST TIME ON THE LIST!

ZBC List – Day 24 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @stitchincarol

second post

Had a boiled egg (that cracked in the pot while fixing my week supply) and about half a piece of deli turkey meat (I was preparing a salad for tomorrow’s FD) at around 11 a.m., went to visit my parents who got their flu shot today. I said, what a great idea, I’ll plan on the same today after lunch. Mom mentioned she was hungry. I said I had some cold fried chicken and mashed potatoes in the refrigerator. She smiled and said she was trying not to eat a whole lot today (OOPS, I forgot!). I couldn’t decide what I wanted to do, but with the threat of surprise cake tomorrow and me not going anywhere special today, I realized today might be a good fast day after all. Eating my soup now before going for a flu shot, then probably work on scanning family photos for a few hours. Yes, it should work out well. I’m adding myself to the pocket list on my birthday (whaaaaat?)…

Pocket List – Day 24 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010 LFD
    @missybear
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @stitchincarol
    @northgeorgia

DTF List – Day 24 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2
    @flourbaby

ZBC List – Day 24 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @stitchincarol
    @northgeorgia

Gremlins seem to be deleting me off Pocket List 🤷‍♀️ Strange. Never mind.

Day 24 – UK – FD800

Did a 7am Broga class as usual via Zoom with OH and then we went for hike up Wansfell Pike ( @i-hate-lettuce and @kazoo – you might know it – hopefully you have both been enjoying the sunshine too) went up a non touristy way and did not meet a soul but the top had at least 24 people so we did a quick turnaround and came back down the same way to avoid the hordes!!!!!

What a glorious Summer’s evening – was sitting outside this afternoon enjoying the weather and flowers! reading my book and enjoying some lovely cold cumbrian water – we are so lucky as our water tastes wonderful…..

Prepared a lovely homemade salad for tea so should fill me up and keep me just below my 800cals for the day.

@northgeorgia – Happy Birthday – hope you had a fab one 🎂🎈🎁 🥂
    @flourbaby – Cashews are one of my favourite nuts too and I can just eat and eat them…..
    @snowflake56 – so annoying losing a long post that you have spend time on 😒
    @missybear – good to hear you had a fab weekend celebrating – the beauty of this WOL is we can just press our RESET button with a good FD on the Monday
    @judyjudes – good job on shedding that stone since starting your FD800 journey
    @emma-taylor – you will make a great host for September – thank you for stepping up

What a pocket list today

Pocket List – Day 24 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010 LFD
    @missybear
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @stitchincarol
    @at

DTF List – Day 24 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2
    @flourbaby
    @at

ZBC List – Day 24 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @stitchincarol
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 24 London

I’m sorry @at – I’m not stepping up to host September. I’m off to Rome at the end of the month. But I will host in the future, I promise. 😢😢😢

Day 24 Minnesota, USA FD
    Day 23 NFD (under TDEE)

Very hot yesterday and today, so no walk outdoors. BBQ with DD’s family yesterday was cancelled due to heat and so we just spent a couple hours outdoors with popsicles for the granddaughters. They left before dinner and then our electricity went off until 11pm or so. It’s always a worry….our well pump won’t work without electricity so no water, no flushing of toilets, no air conditioning, no lights in a very dark area. Heard the coyotes howl and sounded like they’d been emboldened without lights to come within feet of our home. Always a wake-up call when it goes out….It’s amazing how dependent we are on electricity these days.

Pocket List – Day 24 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010 LFD
    @missybear
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @annabelle48
    @flourbaby LFD
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @judyjudes
    @northerndawn

DTF List – Day 24 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @northerndawn

ZBC List – Day 24 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @kazoo
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn

Good luck to all. Stay strong!

2nd post

@emma-taylor – apologies I must have misread your post 🤭 🤭 I’m sure someone will step up to host and make it a September to Remember!!

D24 FD UK Lake District

2nd post.

Well what a lovely day today has turned out to be. We managed to get a swim in this morning and I have just closed the kitchen on my first fast day of the week.

What long pocket lists today. I trust we all enjoyed the weekend too much.

@stitchincarol. learnt my lesson losing my post and have copied this post from a word document.

@emma taylor. How’s the grounding sheet going?

@snowflake2010. Losing a post seems to be happening to quite a few of us. I lost one yesterday so know how you feel Very frustrating .

@northgeorgia Happy Birthday.

@daffodil. How’s the fast going? There is no fun in getting old. all the aches, creaks and pains. Let me know how you get on with the grounding sheet. I am very interested but not sure OH would be.

@missybear. stay with it. Hope the fast goes well.

@ i hate lettuce. Sounds a good plan you have with the canes. Will pass it onto my hubby.

@judyjudes. Are you doing the full 12 weeks on the fast 800. You are doing really well.

@at I know Wansfell Pike very well. It is at the back of our house so I can walk there straight from home. You could probably seen me swimming in Windermere this morning.

Day 24 – Second Post

I have a thought for another list. Do we have too many lists?

When I first heard about Leslie Sansone’s walks on YouTube, I checked them out and discovered I really enjoy her approach to exercise. Then I got too ambitious, set too high of goals for July, and completely fell off the exercise wagon…COMPLETELY. It was sad, LOL.

Now, with the end of the month facing me, I’ve set a goal of 6K steps a day (yeah, a small goal so it doesn’t overwhelm me), and I’m using Leslie walks as part of getting there; I’m also aiming for 2.5 hours of exercise a week, as per the recommendation of everyone, and figure if I do at least 30 minutes of Leslie five days a week, I’ll be working toward both goals.

But it’s so easy to fall off the wagon of exercise commitment. Can anyone see a benefit in having a Leslie list, or at least some sort of 30 minutes of active exercise list, that we all commit to for at least five days a week? Not at all? Sure, but with variations?

And if no one’s particularly keen, that’s certainly okay. Sometimes I have great ideas; sometimes I have harebrained ideas, and I can’t always tell them apart, LOL!

Day 20 MN/USA 2nd Post

Happy Birthday @northgeorgia!!!! Enjoy your day!

Day 24 3rd post

Above 2nd post should be Day 24 as well.
    @songbirdme I hope all went well today!

Day 24 4th Post

@i-hate-lettuce Great attitude! I think it will serve you very well going forward.

Day 24 USA (Illinois) NFD

Thanks, everyone, for the kind remarks on my procedure, and yes, it was all good. Some slight diverticulosis the doctor said but nothing to worry about. That digestive clean-out seems to have left me 5 pounds lighter! Isn’t that worth the disgusting solution I had to drink? And only clear liquids for 24 hours. Now just getting my digestive interest back, hopefully something mild for supper. DH wants to get some carry out so I don’t have to cook.

@northgeorgia “Happy birthday, dear N.G. ♫♪♫♪ happy birthday to YOU!” Sounds like it was a great day with family and cake!

@snowflake – yes, we’ve all had issues with lost posts, or even being told you could not sign on. As good as this site is, we know it isn’t perfect.

@judyjudes -yeah for your WHOOSH! Congratulations!

@brightonbelle – I have heard low carb eating was necessary for ketosis. This is a website I found about it: “Eating Too Many Carbs
    While there is no strict definition of a low-carb diet, anything under 100–150 grams per day is generally considered low-carb. This amount is definitely a lot less than the standard Western diet. You may achieve great results within this carb range, as long as you eat unprocessed, real foods.
    But if you want to get into ketosis — which is essential for a ketogenic diet — then this level of intake may be excessive.

Most people will need to go under 50 grams per day to reach ketosis. Keep in mind that this doesn’t leave you with many carb options — except vegetables and small amounts of berries.

SUMMARY
    If you want to get into ketosis and reap the full metabolic benefits of low-carb diets, going under 50 grams of carbs per day may be necessary.

@flourbaby – you are so right. I don’t need much excuse to sing. And our 4 kids all inherited singing, we used to have a rule: No singing at the dinner table.

@northerndawn – we’ve had the same heat here yesterday & today, forecasted again for tomorrow. Isn’t this always when school start? Poor kids with no air-conditioning at school.

Onward and downward.

Day 25, NZ, FD
    Forum Start: 67.7kg
    CW: 66.4kg (down .4kg from last week)
    Hi all – looking forward to sitting down tonight and catching up on posts from the past few days. Went badly off track Wed – Sat, was feeling awful (large and sluggish!!) but drank plenty water Sunday/Monday plus lots of gardening and movement to feel so much better this morning and down .4kg from last week. I need to try stopping my “bad food” days to just one (or just one meal would be even better) rather than 4 days!!
    Yesterday I sorted through some old books at top of cupboard, and was very pleasantly surprised to see “French Women Don’t Get Fat” so have just got that underway – enjoying it!
    Take care all.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 760 total)

You must be logged in to reply.