🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
🎆Auspicious August🎆 – Pandemic Obliterating Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 758 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  NorthernDawn 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 760 total)

• Day 13 UK FD

Joining the big Thursday list , I reckon my brain is fried with this heat I was sure I logged in yesterday but can’t see it now – ah well

@annabelle I had the procedure I think you are referring to and I have to say the hospital staff were great and it was over in no time , the worst part was the 3 day fasting ( not so bad) and the gallons of disgusting drink the day before , but sounds like your getting some practice in

@emma-taylor 📡 love it

@missybear I’m trying not to think about it too much but my biggest decision tomorrow will be G&T or beer 🤩

@bert1802 I’m sure I could google it but what’s the ride or die chick thing ?

Onwards……

Pocket List – Day 13 🍋
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @missybear
    @kazoo
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @brightonbelle

ZBC List – Day 13 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @missybear
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 13 ☕️
    @missybear (counting the minutes!)
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

Day 13 – USA/GA – NFD

Decent FD yesterday; weighed in again at 249 today! Hopefully I can stay focused through Monday and close the kitchen at 8 pm, not snack (or at least not graze throughout the day), get in some exercise, and eat normal portioned meals. It’s not really hard to do, just easy to fall back into bad habits if I’m not paying attention.

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today!

Day 13, Massachusetts, USA, NFD

Thanks for the good wishes on the husband’s promotion, friends! I think his new role will be perfect for him, and I’m excited for him.

@northerndawn, thanks for the encouragement. I think you are right about the feeling as if I can always do it tomorrow. But as they say, tomorrow never comes! Also I think I have a tendency to try to game the system, but it sadly refuses to be gamed.

Congrats to @northgeorgia for entering 240s territory. Milestones are so motivating. Strong work!

@penz, I’m a runner, but you didn’t hit a nerve. I feel like sports faces are usually grimaces, but there’s something about the experience that is enjoyable. The runner’s high is definitely real, and absolutely miraculous, at least for me. A few years ago I was feeling pretty depressed. That’s when (unrelatedly) I began running, and I think it was the biggest thing that helped me feel better again. Even now, when I don’t run for a while I am a less happy and more stressed. I am super slow, but the magic is that it doesn’t matter how slow I am to get the happy effect :). I understand about people hating to run too, though, since I used to be that person.

@songbirdme, glad to hear you are okay. So much destruction from the derecho!

Okay, I am off to run 🙂

Enjoy your fasts, pocket listers, and enjoy your EFS, everyone else.

Day 13 Melb Aust CD
    Day 12 NFD

Doing okay.

@kazoo, re the sudden onslaught of the munchies – are you making sure your protein intake has been high enough on your FDs? I find if I don’t ensure enough protein intake, I start really craving sugary foods.

@songbirdme, glad your internet is back on!

@annabelle48, good luck with the procedure. I’ve had a few, usually no big deal, but the medicos have to indemnify themselves. Agree with you re the noxious drink you have to have the day before. Try to look on it as an opportunity for an easy FD 🙂

@northgeorgia, here’s hoping that 249 has now stabilised for you, with no more jumping up to the 250.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 13 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Managed a 5 hour eating window yesterday mainly due to the heat. Don’t think its for me long term though.
    Just meal planning for weekend as DD and partner visiting. Shouldn’t be too heavy with calories as they are vegan and ‘dry’.
    Aiming for myB2B today, lost 600g since last weigh in which is some of my weekend gain. Am hoping to lose rest today.

Pocket List – Day 13 🍋
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @missybear
    @kazoo
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

ZBC List – Day 13 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @missybear
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 13 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle

Day 13 – UK – FD800

Today is hopefully Day 4 of B2B FD800 🤞and it’s another scorcher here ☀️

An early Broga class with OH at 7am followed by a 9am aerobic class on my own all via Zoom – was hot and sweaty work 🥵🥵 @flourbaby – amazing how good you feel afterwards 😊 during the class I certainly felt like giving up a few times!!!!!

Needed to cool down before heading for a lovely long shower – felt so much better afterwards – had a lazy rest of the morning before baking a batch of scones for OH to sample when back from his run 🏃

Not sure if I’ll make it out for walk, perhaps a short one late afternoon if any cooler……

The heat this week has helped me stick to my FD800 plan for the week, but I nearly caved in yesterday evening for a glass of cold white wine but managed to stay focused telling myself I can enjoy one or two on the weekend!!! Drinking lots of water instead whenever I feel myself tempted 😇

@songbirdme – good to hear that you are OK and no damage incurred by the bad storms
    @emma Taylor – one of my friends from Suffolk was at Cley Next The Sea on Sunday too – she posted some great photos!
    @snowflake56 – You are not alone – as you know a lot of us have issues on NFDs – certainly that has been a problem for me over the past 3 months resulting in a struggle to remain in maintenance…….
    @daffodil2010 – good thing the cat forgave you – at least only a smalll mess was made 😉
    @i-hate-lettuce – we had the heavy rain early evening then a gorgeous sunset here – woke up to another hot, sunny one…..
    @kazoo – just press your RESET button with a good FD and keep moving forward – we have all been there 🤗
    @northgeorgia – just keep that 249 in your mind and it will help keep you focused 😇
    @hedwig6 – I missed the post about your OH promotion – congratulations to him

Adding myself to all the pocket list for support TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!!

Pocket List – Day 13 🍋
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @missybear
    @kazoo
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @brightonbelle
    @suki
    @at

ZBC List – Day 13 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @missybear
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @at

DTF List – Day 13 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @at

“Instead of indulging in ‘comfort food,’ indulge in comfort meditation, comfort journaling, comfort walking, comfort talking, comfort manicures, comfort reading, comfort yoga, comfort hugging.”
    – Karen Salmansohn

Day 13 Minnesota, USA CD

Yesterday’s CD turned into a FD at 444 cals. Had 2 eggs and bacon at 3pm. Roofing inspectors and contractors here at 4pm and stayed until 7:30pm (ugh!), so at that point I decided I might as well make the day into a positive. Had a handful of almonds, and closed the kitchen. No walk achieved, though.

I’m going to try to stay under 800 cals today. I’m hoping to go under 170 lbs tomorrow. Planning on drinking lots of water and walking. Then work in yard: prune bushes and deadhead flowers.

@songbirdme Glad you are safe and sound. We have roof and siding damage from hail the night before your storms. New roof required, but that’s okay. It was probably due, anyway.

Pocket List – Day 13 🍋
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @missybear
    @kazoo
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @brightonbelle
    @suki
    @at

ZBC List – Day 13 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @missybear
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @northerndawn

DTF List – Day 13 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @northerndawn

Good luck and stay strong!

Day 13 Canada FD

Had a great FD on Tuesday with heaps of PFDS yesterday. When I am in the swing of things the FD’s are a breeze and I look forward to them. Really hoping I am in the 60kg range this month.

Sorry I don’t get to post everyday, I am out the door super early some days for work and can’t squeeze in the time. I do scan posts during the day which really helps so thanks to everyone for being here.

@penz I won’t share the pizza calorie count nor will I be cutting it from my weekly menu. We have an out door pizza oven and it is our Sunday night dinner (or Monday if I can’t get my act together and make the dough the night before)
    @northgeorgia your “rockin scales” sound related to mine, how exciting being admitted to the 240 club. We are all cheering you on:)
    @suki2 glad your MIL is getting the care she needs
    @muriel-puce and @kazoo hang in there, we are all on and off track at some time or other
    @basyjames that internet dog is a real pain!!
    @emma-taylor your staycation sounds perfect
    @i-hate-lettuce thinking of you and your upcoming surgery
    @snowflake56 I am also wondering how @ciren2 is doing
    @annabelle48 and @judyjudes glad you are having success this month
    @missybear the DTF list is great isn’t it!
    @bert1802 is taking your own food an option when you are on the road? Make a picnic style cooler perhaps:)
    @songbirdme glad you are safe
    @at love reading your posts and admire how active you are, well when you aren’t melting in the heat:(

Pocket List – Day 13 🍋
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @missybear
    @kazoo
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @bellyblast

ZBC List – Day 13 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake
    @missybear
    @kazoo
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @bellyblast

DTF List – Day 13 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @bellyblast

Day 13 USA (Illinois) OMAD

My one meal today will be grilled cheeseburger with DH this evening, but that’s okay. I made a very fluffy light lemon custard cake the other day that will be the small dessert after supper.

The derecho winds that hit our area were quite spotty. Rockford (25 miles east of us) got hit pretty badly. @northerndawn – hail damage can be awful, but it sounds like you were ready for it. We got a very light coating of pea-sized hail with the Monday storm. My Facebook post was “Hail, yes. Internet, no” – truth. Hope your Iowa relatives are able to cope well.

@northgeorgia – congrats on the 240 Club! Each new success is so gratifying. You’re making great progress.

A Silver Sneakers friend told me yesterday that she is doing 16:8 IF and I sent her to our site for more help and information. That’s a good path to weight loss if it can be sustained, I suppose. I liked 5:2 better myself.

Onward and downward.

Day 13. OMAD. London UK

Managed to stick to OMAD but not DTF. Feel ok though.
    @annabelle48 – I looked up that Pam Ayers poem on YouTube. It’s hilarious. It could have been written for my friend. I’m very tempted to send it to him, but he’ll probably think I’m criticising my husband!!! Haha. We’ve just driven back from Norfolk, and I think I might leave it a little while before I see him again….. they do say you don’t know people until you go on holiday with them….

Day 14, NFD, Aus
    My scales read exactly the same as last week; not even 100g lost! I suppose I should be glad they didn’t show an increase but I still feel very disappointed. Hope this is not my new set weight.

Hang in there @kazoo – you can do it!!

I had exactly the same thought on my FD, @missybear – esp since I’m taking my dad out to dinner tonight to celebrate his birthday. Wine will be had!

I’m away with work all next week which is going to make meal planning and choices a challenge. But I am going to adopt @flourbaby’s new acronym – each NFD will be a Never-a-Feasting Day!

Thanks for the Pam Ayers poem, @annabelle48: I think we all know someone like that!

Thank you @bellyblast for not telling me – no matter the [secret] calorie count, I know that a homemade pizza is healthier than one from one of those takeaway chains. And tastier!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 14 – NZ – NFD
    On FD today, almost at midday. Will see what the scale says tomorrow 😊

Day 14 – Japan – WFD #64

I’m still fasting because I don’t want to gain weight. I find fasting easier than controlling how much I eat. Seems like something in my head must be messed up. I’m amazed by the people here that can control their eating so well. I do avoid refined sugar and most processed foods, that isn’t hard, what is hard is limiting the amount I eat. I can do it for a while, but it gets too easy to just eat. (NFD, Never a feasting day … that is impressive to me.)

Today I did a 5k run, but kind of slow. I don’t like running in the heat as I tend to overheat and when I’m running I don’t seem to notice the warning signs when there is a problem. However today it is a bit cooler so I pushed is a bit of running.

Day 14, Emden Germany, NFD 💃

The rain passed us last night and it’s going to be another hot day today.

@penz it’s the same here, not loss at all, but at least I know why.

@fasterjo and @kazoo it seems, we’re in the same boat. I’m not sure how to get on in this heat. It’s too hot to eat a warm meal and I don’t like salads so I’m just grazing. I hope it will get better if this heatwave goes.

@daffodil2010 that wasn’t a good start in the day but it happens.

@flourbaby I’m just lacking motivation. I’m good at the start of the month but after a week I think I lokk fine so why put in the effort. I like the idea of something nice at the end of a good week, perhaps one of my favourite cars, a Jaguar XK8 or a Saab 900?

@at I just don’t know how you do it! When I did 5:2 for the first time, it was so easy and maintenance no problem. After gaining again it’s just hard to stay motivated.

Pocket list day 14
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask

ZBC day 14
    @penz
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 14 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone,

Small victory yesterday, pre op assessment, so escaped self isolation for a couple of hours. One thing about having all of these tests and scans etc is the results! Apart from the bit that needs fixing, they’re showing rest of me is a damn site fitter and in a better condition than I’ve been for a number of years!

While there had quite a discussion about my weight loss over the last year and what I’m doing, ie the 5:2 WOL. The only time an eyebrow was raised was when we discussed alcohol, the fact I was having a beer or three. Because I brew my own ‘craft beer’ I know how many calories are in each bottle (good software which gives so much info) so I simply log each beer into MFP app and just treat it like any other food or drink, the fact it is beer is actually becomes irrelevant, its just calories, same as anything else! Just don’t have too many of any sort of calories ….

This mornings weigh in, maintained my new low from last week 🙂

Sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky, another day stuck in the garden with the BBQ and being Friday my 5:2 ‘day off’ the aforementioned beer will be consumed at some time today 😉

@penz@bellyblast – Yes home made pizza is far healthier than any takeaway chain! The dough we use is very easy to make, tried several but this one is the quickest and is ‘thin and crispy’ the pizza stone on the BBQ helps. It’s very much a mix/knead, roll out and use method.

Pizza dough for one pizza for 2
    125g plain flour
    1/4 Tsp salt
    75 mil water
    1 tablespoon of oil

Take care all

Day 14 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Its Friday so no lists for me today. @flourbaby I will probably wait until 6pm 😂🍾 and yes @bellyblast the DTF list is a great idea, it has kept me in check this week – hope to reach 60kg with you this month.
    @brightonbelle I will be enjoying a chilled glass of white wine this evening…whether you decide on beer or G&T, enjoy.

Booze is responsible for my recent struggle staying within maintenance range. We have been shielding since March because of DH’s health condition and we must continue to shield because he will be having surgery, hopefully in weeks rather than months 🤞. Being one of life’s worriers I had fallen into the trap of reaching for the wine bottle to aid relaxation…..every NFD 😱 but I have mended my ways and fully intend to paint my name green again on the spreadsheet.

@snowflake56 keep with us, I know maintenance isn’t easy, I often feel my motivation slipping away but I remind myself that at my age I need to stay as healthy as I can……somehow when I think in terms of the impact on my general health rather than just getting fatter it helps me to stay motivated 🤗

Stay strong Friday fasters and to my fellow DTF listers…..CHEERS 🥂

D14 uk fd

Day 14 – UK – CD

Good morning.

Weight up slightly. I’m putting it down to natural fluctuations as I’ve eaten totally to plan.

Have a lovely Friday!

Pocket list day 14
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask
    @fasterjo

ZBC day 14
    @penz
    @snowflake56

Day 14, London, UK, LFD

I’m loving the ZBC, yesterdays’ NFD went swimmingly, simply because I broke my fast at 2pm with a prawn salad, then had a chicken & chorizo salad for dinner at 6pm ………………….. KITCHEN CLOSED!!!!! Unfortunately even though the kitchen was closed, the bar was definitely open, (I joined @emma-taylor) & fell spectacularly off of the DTF list, and no, I don’t want to talk about it!!!!!
    I lied, let’s talk. I visited my mum who had been given a bottle of Apple Jack Daniels ……………….. I thought I would try a shot as I’ve never had whiskey before (I know!), let alone flavoured, ………………………………… I may have developed another problem to join my slight issue with the vino!!!!! I’m sure we all slept like babies last night, I figure it was ½ a bottle between 4 people!!! I suppose a LFD today means I swapped Thurs for Friday to end my DTF membership!!………………… excuses, excuses!!!

@suki2, I had to read it twice, vegan …………………………………. And dry!!! I nearly fell off of my chair, luckily I didn’t drop my burger or spill the whiskey!!!!😜😂😝 Phew!!!

@snowflake56, definitely the jaguar😜!!! I think doing difficult things are harder 2nd time around, when I stopped smoking I knew that just 1 cigarette would be the nail in my coffin so to speak, because a 2nd try would be twice as hard, after ‘the gain of 2019’ (20lbs!!!!😠) I’ve been battling for the last 10 months to get rid of it, I blame bouncy-bouncy scales & hormones as well as making too many modifications to a very simple system that works!!! Patience is key because when I started 5:2 I was shedding 1-2lbs per week without fail just by trusting the process!!! Take things just one week at a time🤗, have your own personal weekly challenge, then reset & start a 2nd week, then 3rd etc, you’ll be on a roll after a few successful weeks!!! 🙏

@missybear, enjoy that chilled glass of wine🥂, only 7hrs 53mins 32 seconds to go!!!!😂😆

Pocket list day 14
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask
    @fasterjo
    @flourbaby

ZBC day 14
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby

Keep the faith people!!!! There is NO other option ………………………. I know, I’ve tried😢!!!!

Day 14 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

It’s so good to be home! We had a lovely two weeks, and the final few days were constantly on the go. My eldest sister, who lives in beautiful Monterey, California, asked for my help in putting large pots on her patio, so we chose four planters and lots of plants and got them all planted and arranged on her patio. It felt odd to plant them now, since Nebraska isn’t far from freezing temps and a true winter, but her mild coastal climate will be fine; it was a delight to do and lovely to enjoy when done!

And, drum roll…………..well, actually, I’m not sure if I gained weight or not! LOL, sorry! Our travel home was fine, but we had a delay with a shuttle to take us to our car and our seven hour drive home from the Denver airport, and that screwed up our entire schedule. So I decided that for that one day (yesterday) I was going to eat lunch and dinner both (cubano sandwich for lunch with a beer, shrimp tacos for supper, also with a beer, LOL…it WAS still vacation, after all). So my weight is up 3 pounds from when we left, but it’s 3:30 in the morning (who KNOWS why I woke up now), and my overnight water/waste drop hasn’t happened yet, and I simply have lots of food in me from yesterday–I even ate a candy bar yesterday!! But I am fairly confident I gained only one, and perhaps two, pounds and that’s amazing because I ate generous portions of lovely meals, dessert almost every night, and often three beers (or wine, or margaritas, or whatever). Two straight weeks of that behavior and only one or two pounds? Yeah, Fast5 works for me. Now I’m looking forward to continuing the program, but without quite such amazing foods, and desserts as a treat rather than the norm–and not 3 beers, LOL!

Aw, @kazoo, we’ve ALL had those days when we can’t stop eating, and they are indeed miserable, both mentally and physically! Hold on tight; the urge to stuff yourself will pass and you’ll be back on track before you know it. Remember, this isn’t a dash, but a marathon, and it isn’t ruined by a day or two or even three of overeating. (And moaning is perfectly reasonable, whatever the time!)
    @annabelle48 and @i-hate-lettuce, I’m so sorry to hear of your physical issues leading to procedures; you’re in my thoughts and prayers that all issues are resolved, and soon!
    @northgeorgia, I’m thrilled for you for being solidly in the 240s!!
    @northerndawn, is 170 calories for today a typo?? I’m chuckling at such a specific number. 🙂 And, I’m so glad that awful storm you talked about wasn’t any worse for you. Except I just Googled “derecho” and my jaw is hanging in horror. Poor Iowa! After the massive flooding of 2019, this is a horrible thing. I’ll be sure to watch the news tonight to see what damage Nebraska got, but it doesn’t sound like much. @songbirdme, I’m glad the winds didn’t cause any horrors for you!
    @penz, you KNOW this is not your new set-point! Hang in there; the weight will go down!

Pocket list day 14
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask
    @fasterjo
    @flourbaby

ZBC day 14
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @stitchincarol

Although, since I’m now not even eating lunch, is it really legit to say I’m part of the Zero Breakfast Club??? But since I’ve seldom had breakfast since 1976, I can honestly say I’m a founding member of that club! 🙂

Day 14 – USA/GA – NFD

Whew it’s a Frazzled Friday. It took me until 11 p.m. to fall asleep, then woke up at 3:45 am. Wanted to grab a quick drink of water. Forgot I was drying out an upside down pickle jar and had washed my water glass. In my stupor in the darkness, I was wondering why the water I was pouring into the glass seemed to be missing the mark when I heard water hitting the flour and running all over the counter! Well, that led to lights on, a clean-up, a quick trip to the bathroom and really not able to get back to sleep until 5:30 a.m. The alarm went off at 6 a.m., and I hit snooze until 6:30 but anyway…

Scales so wanted to put me at 251 today, but weighed in at 250 lbs. That’s OK, I’m in the 240s club, and by the end of the month, I’ll say a permanent good-bye to the 250s!

Good luck to the Friday Fasters!

Day 14…. Florida……NFD

@brightonbelle……. a ride or die chick is a slang term here in the states, mainly used by the younger generation…. late teens in late 20’s, that describes a person who sticks by your side no matter what situation arises. A person who will be your support system whether your right or wrong with no questions asked. In the beginning the phrase was coined towards women to support their man when he is incarcerated, however, it’s meaning has evolved into a person who sticks by another person.

@bellyblast…… I did consider a packed lunch but after a review of my route the parks in the area are closed, so that leaves me eating in the vehicle which would be perfectly fine, if it was mine but I drive my bosses truck. I’m still working on a solution.

Food wise yesterday was an okay day! My weight is up a bit, still misunderstanding that since I came in right around my TDEE. Today, is going to be a great day, I have the day off and the hubby and I are off on a great adventure! Some of my favorite things will be done, the flea market, the beach and a shoe store! Hubby had decided to buy himself a new pair of deck shoes and I’m a shoe lover and hoarder. Normally, I do the shoe stores by myself, because the hubby says he prefers not to know or see how much money I spend when I’m there….. lol but baby needs a new pair of shoes and I get to go!
    Funny thing, is our oldest son….. he’s a shoe hoarder like his momma, heard dad say we’ve got to stop at the shoe store, he said…. Dad I just text you a picture of a pair of kicks that I want you, Could you pick them up for me? The hubby grumbled under he’s breathe……I’m going to be broke!

Okay, well I must be off….. hubby will be back from Mass at 9am and I’m still lounging around…….

Before I decide to be your ride or die chick, I have a couple questions…
    Where are we riding to?
    Do I have to die?
    Can we stop for food on the way?

Day 14 Canada NFD

Have a great day everyone…she says below a 😇 with a PFDS 😊
    Running 🏃‍♀️ to work so is someone can add me to ZBC and DTF I would love it 🙏

Day 14 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Late posting today. Had no power this morning & the WiFi was doing strange things. Good – though not easy – FD yesterday, & the scales were spot on my target weight this morning.

Found a link on YouTube to Michael Mosley’s new TV show; don’t know how long it will be there for though, or if it will work everywhere…? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQOsaeduYx4&t=376s

Cheers, fellow-DTF-ers! 🍷🍸🍻 & hang in there Friday fasters! 💪

Pocket List – Day 14 🍊
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask WFD
    @fasterjo
    @flourbaby

ZBC List – Day 14 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @stitchincarol
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 14 Melb Aust TDEE

Meant to be a FD, then a FD800, then a CD, then…. you get the picture. Kitchen now closed locked and bolted (metaphorically speaking) till tomorrow – as it should be at 10:30 p.m. Still, it’s better than a NFD (have to find some positive spin here! 🙂 ).

Weigh-in tomorrow. Wonder what it will be like.

Stay safe and well everyone!

Day 14 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good one meal yesterday, a fairly large one with dessert, but just about 900 calories. Scale is keeping me at “high maintenance” at least.

Looking forward to a new couch delivery this morning. Through the lockdown, we used the recliner ends all the time, and they were getting very frustrating to close. DH was tired of having to kick it closed (don’t blame him, and it was old) so new TV room furniture arrives shortly. Our local furniture store will even take the old one to Salvation Army.

@stitchincarol — glad to read you’re back home safe. It sounds like it was a great adventure of a vacation!

Onward and downward.

Day 14 – London – NFD

Ugh, the scale has not budged in two weeks! I am doing great on my FDs, getting at least 30 mins of (extra) exercise in every day, not going nuts on the NFDs… what is happening?!?!?!? So frustrating. Is it possible I’m not eating enough on my NFDs? This is so annoying! People who have been doing this successfully for a while, send good vibes!

@songbirdme Glad you escaped that wicked storm… it ripped directly through my folks’ neighborhood in the south suburbs and they were without power for 30 hours. Loads of old trees down, lots of damage though (thankfully) not to them or their house. Stupid climate change.

Day 14 Second Post

@funshipfreddie, enjoyed the Youtube video, except that it finished without showing the final results. Is there a further Youtube that can be watched?

Day 14 Oxfordshire, UK – CD
    Yesterday was a bit of a wash out as far as FD was concerned, especially as the biscuits came out for a late night snack.
    Cross with myself today because I let someone ‘press my buttons’. Hey ho.
    Had a run this morning and a little gardening to try and refocus my head space. Will also do an hours yoga after posting too just to reset myself.
    Today is definitely a CD.

@missybear -Impact on health is where my worries lie now. Although I’ve lost the weight I wanted /needed to, I realise my diet is still too full of refined carbs.
    @kazoo – I let the chocolate biscuits out of the cage last night, regret it this morning.
    @flourbaby – its taken a while for us to get used to it. Fortunately they don’t expect us to be ‘dry’, but I do try and cook Vegan/Veggie for them. Because they make an exception for cheese, we can have lasagne. The weekend’s menu is: Fri Lentil Ragu; Sat- Red Bean And Tomato Curry; Sun Delia’s Roasted Vegetable Lasagne.
    Not tried Sat’s meal before so fingers crossed.

2nd Post – Day 14

@betsylee – that’s only the first episode; the only one that’s been uploaded anyway. I’ll keep an eye out for any new ones.

Day 14 Minnesota, USA NFD

I stayed under 800 cals yesterday in one meal after 3pm (I did have a snack also before 8), and had a nice walk of 2.5 miles (4k). There are a couple hills on my route that just three weeks ago left me almost gasping. Even with the humidity being sky high yesterday, I was breathing easier and feeling good on the hills. Such a great feeling. It’s amazing how quickly the body can become stronger and improve in every way. Even when in ’60s.

Weight today was right at 170lbs, not under, which had been my goal. Stepped on and off the scales several times but it just wouldn’t budge. Guess at least I know the scales are accurate. Maybe I’ll hit my goal tomorrow, if I have a reasonable intake today. I’m actually thinking of DTS (Saturday) to see if I can hit that goal; but it’s early……. this afternoon a cold glass of wine might be too tempting to resist. It’s been a long week.

@songbirdme LOL, loved your FB headline. Glad you avoided the worst of it. Enjoy your new couch!
    @penz Maybe next week you’ll have a big drop. Fingers crossed for you!
    @dykask If you’ve found a WOL that works for you, that’s the important thing. Your commitment to it is impressive.
    @snowflake56 I know what you mean about losing motivation after having gained some back, but still not at heaviest; or if you feel you look fine as you are. For me, the problem seems to be that once I think I’m at an “okay” weight I evidently become not only complacent but delusional about my slow weight gain, and the next thing I know, I’m 22lbs (10kg) heavier. It’s happened about three times now. Enough times for me to have learned the lesson, I would hope.
    @i-hate-lettuce That’s great that you are finding out how healthy you are overall ( not counting the parts to be fixed)! Good luck with the surgery. Enjoy your Friday and your brew!
    @missybear I agree the DTF list helps keep us on the straight and narrow. I like to think of all the calories not consumed throughout the week when abstaining! For me it’s significant. Enjoy your Friday evening! I will probably be raising a glass with you, and everyone else in the DTF club………. Hmm, if you raise a glass at 6pm, that means I’ll have to start at noon to toast you….that’s a little early. Well, I’ll raise a glass to you all, but you might be in bed when I do!
    @flourbaby Seriously? A whiskey virgin? haha. Those are rare in the USA!
    I so enjoy your humorous posts. They are comforting and motivating.
    @stitchincarol That was suppose to read 170lbs. I think I put a space where shouldn’t have. Sounds like a wonderful vacation. I’m trying to do Fast5 along with 5:2 as often as possible. It’s not always easy to wait for that window, but you’re inspiring me. I find it easier to keep under calories if I hold off eating until 3 and stop by 8. And I too am just amazed at the power and the land area affected by that derecho. From Nebraska to Indiana. About 700 miles? (over 1100 k). Over 10 million acres of corn crops ruined in middle Iowa. It can be seen on satellite. My family members in Eastern Iowa are still without electricity.
    @northgeorgia I’ve had nights like that…makes for a miserable day. Sleep well and soundly tonight. And, of course you are still in the 240’s club…to stay!
    @bert1802 Great definition of ride or die! Enjoy your day with your hubby!.
    @bellyblast Congrats on PFDS!
    @funshipfreddie Thanks so much for the link!! So appreciated! It’s the only way I can watch any of the program (or programme I think you Brits write).
    @betsylee You kept the day from turning into an EFS so pat yourself on the back for a job well done!
    @murielpuce Hang in there! I would bet you will get a whoosh in the next week or so! It is NOT possible that you are not eating enough on the NFDs! Eating more will only increase calories, period. And you will not lose, you might gain, if you increase calories on NFD. You should eat at the TDEE of the weight that you want to be, if you really want to lose weight more quickly than half a kilogram a week. That was an old myth, that you will stop losing weight if you eat too little, by going into starvation mode. Maybe read up on the basics of 5:2, the posts by the simcolove that use to be on this forum. Searchable, I think. Often links are posted on the first day of the challenges.
    @suki2 It sounds like you’ve got a great plan for today. Good luck!

Happy Friday everyone! Have a great weekend!

@murielpuce – yes, some other places, even a small town about 12 miles south of me, had pretty severe damage. They think several tornadoes were part of the front. I’m seeing some awful destruction from Iowa as well, fully flattened corn fields look so strange as well as structures being destroyed. Glad your people escaped as well.

Day 14 Minnesota, USA 2nd post
    I posted a long post two hours ago. I found I needed to edit it, so I did, and reposted. It disappeared.
    I’m going to paste it in here, since I copied it. Hopefully it makes it in. Hopefully, it doesn’t end up duplicating later. I did wait two hours.

3rd post
    Tried to paste in the earlier post. Says “error” already posted. Still don’t see it, but maybe it’ll turn up tomorrow. 😉
    Have a great Friday everyone.

D14 NFD Lake District UK

Tomorrow is a new day.

Hopefully better than the last few days for me.

Not been in a good place mentally or food wise I think both are connected. I eat because I am fed up and fed up because I eat. I feel as though I am playing catch up because I didn’t do my FD yesterday so have decided to continue as normal with a NFD today and do my next FD on Monday as planned.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts comments.

@at OH doing well with treatment. We have been shielding since the end of March and will continue to do so as his condition has not changed. Lock down was much better for us as we could go out for a walk/run as there were very few people around. Now it is impossible due the the volume of tourists
    so we are back in our little bubble.

@snowflake56. The heat certainly doesn’t agree with me. Not been sleeping well for a couple of nights but last night I was so tired I dropped asleep on the settee at 7.30pm OH woke me up at 9.30 and then I went to bed. Slept through till about 7am. Didn’t even get up to go to the toilet.

@stitchincarol. I’m hanging on by a thread.

@suki. What i’d give for a chocolate biscuit. I can’t buy them one is not enough.

Day 14 – UK – FD800

Another very hot day here so I was out early at 9am for a 10.5km hike and broke my fast with a light lunch afterwards and I had a healthy salad this evening so🤞and barring any loss of willpower in the next couple of hours I should make my 5th FD800 in a row!! Aiming for a CD tomorrow and a TDEE day on Sunday which in my plans include a glass or two of 🥂
    Depending on what my weight is on Monday morning will help me decide whether to do FD800 x 5 again or just resume FD500 x 2/3

I’m not sure I would be keen to do 3 full weeks like the volunteers in Dr Mosley’s programme who are doing it for 3 weeks – week 2 programme showed all were sticking to FD800 with some minor struggles and also doing some exercise as requested – interesting that their motivation is not for weight loss but for health improvements…..next week we should find out what improvements are shown in their blood tests as well as weight reduction….He actually has them on a low carb, high protein 800cals (cutting right back on white carbs and processed foods) @betsylee – the interim results are shown at the end of the first 3 weeks…

@bellyblast – despite setting out at 9am for my hike, by the time I got back home I was very 🥵 and enjoyed a long cool shower before having my well deserved light lunch which tasted so good 😋
    @snowflake56 – the thought of going back to where I was is my motivator plus I gave away all my larger clothes and the only things in my wardrobe fit me at my maintenance weight – so if anything starts to feel tight it triggers me to make the effort – In all honesty I think for me, at least, maintenance is much harder than losing weight but I certainly don’t want to go back to where I was when I retired……
    @missybear – I so agree with you in that wine has been the main reason for my struggles to remain in maintenance – I know it and I still regress every now and then……why??
    @stitchincarol – sounds like you had a good time and spending time with family is so precious especially atm ….
    @murielpuce – I have been at this for a few years now so my advice would be to go back to basics for a couple of weeks and are you sure you are not eating above your TDEE – try the following and see if it helps
    *Re-calculate your TDEE for the weight you want to be and not the weight you are and you should therefore lose weight a bit quicker and get used to eating less calories when you reach maintenance!!
    *Calorie count/portion control for a couple of weeks as an education tool and you might surprise yourself!!!
    *Don’t overestimate your exercise level!!!
    *Don’t add the calories lost due to exercise into your daily calorie allowance as it is already taken into account when you work out your TDEE!
    *Increase your water intake to a minimum of 2L/day.
    Don’t give up and stay positive – this WOE does work and it’s the only one that I have found to successfully lose weight and keep it off but as I have admitted for me staying in maintenance has needed a lot of self control – unfortunately it’s so easy for the lbs/kg to creep back on if I don’t monitor my weight weekly 😒

This forum has been of great help to motivate me and help me stay accountable, so I thank each and everyone on here for just being here and supporting 🤗

Copied from @funshipfreddie post
    Cheers, fellow-DTF-ers! 🍷🍸🍻 & hang in there Friday fasters! 💪

Pocket List – Day 14 🍊
    @fastingto58kgs
    @dykask WFD
    @fasterjo
    @flourbaby
    @at

ZBC List – Day 14 🚫🍳
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @flourbaby
    @stitchincarol
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @at

Looking forward to the weekend, I have planned some lowish calorie but yummy meals which include my glasses of 🥂 and so hoping that no EFS takes place or the hard work of this week will be undone ……….

“WITH THE NEW DAY COMES NEW STRENGTH AND NEW THOUGHTS”
    This is from First Lady and activist Eleanor Roosevelt, and perfectly sums up why you shouldn’t fret if things don’t go your way today – tomorrow is a new day!

Day 15 – NZ – NFD
    SW: 85kg
    CW: 84kg
    GW: 58kg
    NFD today, shark week is over. Looking forward to a good weekend. Hope all is well with everyone.

Day 15 Melb Aust TDEE

Surprised with today’s weigh-in, that I’ve actually lost a little weight – 0.3 kg since the start of August, but that includes a blip upwards, then down again. Not complaining!

@at, I’ll try to catch up with the MM TV program somewhere on the television – surely it’s showing on one of the channels! I’d really like to know how they manage. In essence, they’re doing the 12-week FD800 diet for diabetics and pre-diabetics, just for a lesser time period. Like you, I’m not sure it would be something I could maintain, but maybe for a few weeks? That’s why I’d like to know the endpoint results.
    I’ve been thinking of tackling a shorter version of the FD800 to move my weight downwards more quickly, but feeling hesitant about it. Not sure if I want to move from slow and steady, but it’s working, to going more strictly and risking a backlash of indulgence. Still thinking.

@northerndawn, no sign of your long post yet. It has happened to many of us, unfortunately, and now I don’t try to go back and edit, just follow with a second post mentioning the corrections.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends. Whether in isolation or not, hey, we’re still alive, still have food to eat, so there’s a lot to be thankful for.

Day 15 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Made the most of the weather yesterday, despite not being allowed out, had a good day, busy in the garden still managed 6500+ steps (and not just going backwards and forward up to the house for beers!) so calories burned 442, Fitbit count included some types of physical work, turned into a busy day!

@betsylee …. “Whether in isolation or not, hey, we’re still alive, still have food to eat, so there’s a lot to be thankful for.” …. Bang on target !

Luckily I very much have a positive attitude to life and often have a bit of a different outlook on things (some say stubborn/bloody minded/belligerent) I find the science behind all the clinical investigations going on are fascinating, I tend not to discuss the ins and out with some people as I hate the ‘Ohhh poor you’ syndrome … hint 😉 I had mentioned something in a previous post a while back, but asked Tech to remove it, I wasn’t prepared at that time.

Folk are well intentioned with ‘help and advice’ but often so miserable about it!
    So despite not getting out for my MOAM walks in this brilliant weather, I’m keeping busy. Funny thing is when Hospital staff are apologising for sending me to specialist units miles away, I’m supposedly self isolating at home, these trips are brilliant, not only do I get out for a few hours, admittedly in the car, but I get to see and find out about some very expensive pieces of kit, told you I’m weird!

Going to continue dropping in each day to keep my 5:2 WOL going, but might have to modify or change FD’s etc, but one thing is very clear, the weight loss over the last year has suddenly become really important. So will continue putting myself on Pocket lists, but will only be putting myself on the DTF list on Thursdays 😉

Take care all

Day 14, Emden Germany, FD

I didn’t overdo it yesterday but I had too much sugar again.

@i-hate-lettuce I’m glad you also heard some good news after all the testing.

@missybear of course I’ll stay, I’m still doing the 60 kg challenge!

@flourbaby thanks for all your support, patience and weight loss don’t go together for me. I want to have the same quick weight loss as I had befor but it just doesn’t happen. Today I’m starting with Leslie Sansone’s walk, walk, walk and I’ll count every calorie I take in.

@northgeorgia I hope you had a better sleep last night.

@funshipfreddie thanks for the link. This morning I found the 2nd episode on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX9dlwkr0TQ

@betsylee “Meant to be a FD, then a FD800, then a CD, then….” that sounds very familiar to me!

@murielpuce I’m not doing great myself but I know this WOE works so I’m sending you good vibes, your weight will go down as you stick to it.

@kazoo it would be so nice if it cools down just a few degrees.

@at I think I’m just moaning at a high level, I just have to do it so from now on no moaning but good results!

Pocket list day 15
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 15
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 15 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@snowflake56 – thanks for episode 2. There you go – @betsylee

@murielpuce – were you joking when you said, “Is it possible I’m not eating enough on my NFDs?”? Or just trying to confuse me? It doesn’t take much.. 🤔 Using the MFP app to track calories, especially on NFDs, really helped me to reach maintenance.

Have a good weekend everyone! 🌈 ⛅️

Pocket List – Day 15 🍇
    @snowflake56

ZBC List – Day 15 🚫🍳
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

D15 NFD Lake District UK

Have a good weekend everyone

Day 15 – UK – CD/OMAD

Good Morning

No new news. Have a great weekend!

On phone so can’t copy & paste lists. Sorry.

2nd post

For motivation I’m reading my old posts (how enthousiastic I was when I started) and found this interesting site. https://bodyvisualizer.com/

Day 15, London, UK, NFD

@murielpuce, @at has given you some wonderful advice, I think it’s key to remember a calorie deficit WILL lead to weight-loss, perhaps your body is catching up with your efforts or the deficit isn’t as much as you think, guesstimating calories or portion size was one of my biggest downfalls.

@betsylee, unfortunately, like “Eat, Fast, live longer” I doubt you’ll get to view Dr Mosley’s new programme down under on the telly for a few months at least. Only 2 of the 3 episodes have aired here in the UK so far, so Youtube might be your only option.

@i-hate-lettuce, no doubt the MOAM walks aren’t featuring on your wish list at the moment……………………… at least not without wellies & a brolly☔!!!

@snowflake56…………………….. I’m sensing you’re getting to ‘that’ point. The point where you decide to just pull your finger out and get on with it!!! I got there at the beginning of June when I realised I wasn’t actually doing 5:2😖, I thought I was, but was getting frustrated by the results!! In fact my NFDs were well above TDEE and FDs were sneaking up to 800cals (because it was allowed). I found it easy to cheat and fool myself and pretend I was ‘doing’ 5:2😳 and believe I was the only person in the world it stopped working for😰……………………………… crazy, I know!!!! You can & you will get back into the groove 🤗 & recapture that enthusiasm from the beginning of your journey👌!!!!

Have a great weekend folks, stay strong & mindful!!!

Day 15. OMAD London UK

Just popping in to say hi. @snowflake56 – thanks for the body visualiser link. Very interesting. I’ve used one before but the female figure was wearing tight jeans, which I really hate, and however thin I made it ( madness, I know) I still thought ‘she’ looked horrible.
    Looks like we are in for a few days of duff weather. 😢😢😢

Day 15 – UK – CD/TDEE??

Early start this morning to deliver a blueberry and passion fruit cake (Mary Berry recipe) for a friend’s birthday before setting off for my walk – today was 7.7km – 225m – at an average pace of 11mins/km – 10,700s steps – still hot but my walk thankfully was in a fair bit of shade so that helped!

Was planning on watching the cricket today Eng v Pakistan but rain in Southampton has delayed the start – no sign as yet of any rain here – looking at their weather forecast this will be a draw – shame!

@snowflake56 – you weren’t moaning 🤗 sometimes it’s good to air our feelings as it helps to put things in perspective and decide what’s really important in our lives to enable us to move forward xx
    @flourbaby – I think I went through what you describe to @snowflake56 – my headspace was just not in the right place for a few of months – luckily not much damage incurred and at my worst I had gained 3kg! the problem is that then I was dropping to the top of my maintenance range and then creeping up again – yo-yoing around there so this month I think I need to re-educate myself and find a way of staying in maintenance without EFS on my weekend NFDs 😇

Hope everyone is keeping safe and manage to stay in control over the weekend 🤗

We all know this but all easier said than done 😔 “IT’S NOT JUST ABOUT LOSING THE WEIGHT; IT’S ABOUT LOSING THE LIFESTYLE AND MINDSET THAT GOT YOU THERE” Steve Maraboli

Day 15 Canada NFD

Down to 60.1 so trying to not undo things over the weekend 🤞will be catching up on posts for motivation 😊

@at your advice about calories is great for all of us

ZBC List – Day 15 🚫🍳
    @snowflake56
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @bellyblast

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Yesterday’s pizza (always high in sodium) showed up on the scale this morning. It has occurred to me that, while weighing in the morning is the norm, that’s because you then start eating; since I don’t start eating until four o’clock, I think weighing at three o’clock is going to be more accurate. Still waiting for Fast5 to have marvelous results…

Today is my husband’s birthday, so we’ll feast tonight on steak, baby potatoes, green beans from the garden and caprese salad; his birthday cake will be lemon meringue pie, his favorite. I still have to shop for a gift (remember, we only got back from vacation on Thursday evening) and teach a piano lesson and practice organ for tomorrow’s church service; it’s a busy day!

Have I said lately how much I love, love, love this group? Thank you all for being who you are, full of encouragement, enthusiasm, and honesty. It’s a perfect combination, and I love getting to know you all. — Carol

Day 15 UK NFD

Ahh had a lovely day off yesterday As the weather wasn’t brilliant we were able to have a lovely walk on the seafront and a late lunch at a favourite cafe we split a Crab sandwich, Calamari and a portion of chips and a couple of lovely ice cold Budvars – it was worth every calorie

Hoping for a controlled rest of the weekend then I’ll be raring to go Monday 💪. @betsylee I’ve been having similar thoughts I’m thinking of trying to cut carbs for a bit see if I can get some belly fat shifted but it will require a concerted effort so it still in the “thinking” stage
    @i-hate-lettuce ahhh makes sense now I read some of the responses and thought I must have missed something , even went back and re-read but couldn’t see what they were on about 🤫

@at wise words ( as always )

@stitchincarol ❤️ I agree Great group – have a good weekend all

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 760 total)

You must be logged in to reply.