The 31 day October Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
The 31 day October Challenge

This topic contains 1,627 replies, has 93 voices, and was last updated by  Fuvvie 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,351 through 1,400 (of 1,628 total)

• Day 25 : Second Post

FD failed. I kinda knew it would. I’m back home and it feels so good but I’m exhausted so my resolve is weakened and I’m ‘treating’ myself to comfort food. I will get back on the wagon but I kinda feel I need this at the moment.

Day 25|NFD| Bucks UK

USA hawaii day 25 NFD

Day 25 South Florida – yesterday wasn’t too bad. dinner with a girlfriend and had seared ahi salad and one ‘skinny’ coctail/1 glass of wine.

NFD – again today.
    OH birthday is tomorrow and i am taking him to dinner so
    will try a FD on Thursday.

have a great day everyone!!

Day 25, Brussels, NFD

Day 25 | Ohio, USA | FD

FD yesterday was fine. I love the not thinking too much on this way of eating, but I think I need to be more careful on NFDs.

Hi

I found this from one of my posts over a year ago thought it may be fun for some of you to try

I have a little experiment for you all to do I want you to lie down and either tell yourself a story or if you have someone else to tell the story so much the better. Feel free to add what fits in with your situation. It begins – You wake up and realise you have slept in and you have the beginnings of a cold – what a start – no time for breakfast you rush out to the car and it doesn’t start, worse still it begins to rain. You have to run for the bus which just disappears round the corner as you reach the bus stop. No choice but to wait for the next one. Suddenly a car drives past at speed and the large puddle in front of you soaks you from top to bottom. You at last reach work soaked and late. The boss meets you and reminds you an important client is due at any minute and you were to go through a few things first but now there is no time. The client is awkward and the meeting is not going well and you can see from your boss’s face he is not too pleased. Once the client leaves you are left in no doubt how your boss feels about how you handled this and if this client leaves there will be repercussions. You leave the office sneezing and head home in the rain to catch the last bus….. Take a moment to feel how your body feels – tense?

Now begin the story over again. You wake up early one morning, the sky is blue and the sun is shining. It is going to be a glorious day, you have an important meeting today and as you grab a quick coffee you lift the notes you have prepared. You get into the car and there is that song you love on the radio. You arrive early at the office and have time to go through details with your boss regarding the important client coming in. The meeting goes like a dream and the client leaves after saying how impressed they are with not only the company but you. You look over at your boss who is grinning like a Cheshire cat and you can feel your face flushed with pride. He tells you the rest of the day is your own and as you leave the office you feel the sun on your face…… how do you feel now?

I hope the experiment worked and you did feel a difference whilst you either imagined the day from hell against a day of absolute bliss. Now realise the only thing that changed was in your mind – you didn’t go anywhere you stayed where you where.

Day 25 Cornwall UK

NFD.

Calgary, Canada Day 25, NFD
    BrightonBelle, Thank you for the words of encouragement, I guess I too am a quick gainer/slow loser now that I have hurdled over menopause… boy those pounds could melt away when I was younger…

Traveling on bus today for 4 hours should have made it a fast day, oh well at least my intake will be less than normal.
    Good luck everyone

Sunshine Coast Australia Day 26: It is a sunny day and the sky is blue. We are desperately short of rain right now, but one can’t help but feel it is a lovely day. The MIL has gone off in the respite bus on an outing to a distant respite centre. I am heading off to my daughter’s place for a big hug.

Whilst I loved your post Coda, and agree whole heartedly with the sentiments, it made me cry.
    It will be good to have b2tf heading the team in the next week as I’m more likely to bring people down at the moment. I have loved heading the throng this month and have learnt a lot about spreadsheets and google drive and reading the posts of everyone else as closely as I can, but I’m not sure how you managed for 3 months running. I have also learnt a lot about commitment as a result. Now I just need to try that little bit harder to get back to where I was at the beginning when I let NOTHING get in my way, and no temptation was too great that I couldn’t withstand it. That lasted for 4 months. So I know the will is there, just masked quite heavily at the moment by emotional issues.

What is an ahi salad, MisGizmo?

I want to get back to feeling that way about FDs GreatLakes. It is true that not having to give in to the tyranny of food is to grasp a feeling of freedom that doesn’t exist for me on NFDs.

Daughter just rang and said to bring my togs. I think a dip in the ocean will really clear away the collywobbles. LIFE is good. Don’t doubt it. And when there is a hug, there is a way.

Day 25 E. Canada – FD, sort of. I am still decompressing after medical stress. Boy, but experiences like that one teach one not to be complacent about what is important.

After reading some of the other posts, I feel like I ought to open a hug stand. Instead: those of you who are feeling regretful that you have slid back into old habits, or not meeting your goals: I urge you to go back and reread Merry’s post on learning. You are learning. If you can’t take a step forward, try to lean into the wind.

Okay, now for think out loud time.

Let’s see. I’m about 130.5 to 131. I don’t think I’ll make it to 129.5 by Friday, but I’ll do okay.

Yesterday I was up to about 1020; had a small bit of supper for 250 and then yes, the last of the cookie, 80, for 1350, about TDEE.

Today: bran flakes 200, banana 50, miso soup 100, st. 350. Then made a mistake, I opened a can of processed chicken, hadn’t done that in months, and ate it. Just like that, 210, for st. 560. Off for a swim, good girl, I missed on Monday. Back to eat a small supper of about 250 (plus ‘tasted’ sauteed zucchini and mushrooms for 100. Since the veggies were going in a sauce anyway, I would have been better to steam them. Lesson learned. Oh, and some stewed blueberries. About 960 all in. So could have been worse.

It is getting colder and going out on the bike, less inviting. But there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing.

Perth, Australia, Day 26, NFD

Too much wine yesterday. Feeling it today.

Australia Day 26 NFD yesterday’s NFD was a success and I had such plans for today but events have conspired against me. A meeting where the host produced a tray of pastries that she had bought on the way to the meeting just for me (!!!!!!) and a neighbour dropped two roast chicken dinners in again to the office! People are so kind but I am eating food that will take me over my TDEE. On top of everything we are going to a business function tonight that will again comprise only “bad” (but delicious) food and drink! Fuvvie – we’ll get there together. Hugs.

USA Day 25 FD

2nd post: I just have to share the feeling of exhilaration the walk on the beach and the splashing around in the ocean with my beautiful 44 yr old daughter and her dog have engendered in me. The water was a delightful temperature. It is only a half hour’s drive to get to the beach. I don’t know why I don’t do it more often. The water was a glorious colour and I feel so refreshed. I am drinking a rooibos tea at the moment and have only had coffee, water with ACV, green tea with moroccan mint so far today. It is now 2:27pm and MIL is due home from her outing shortly. Then we will drive to the school and pick up the grandsons so they can go to hip hop. This is going to be a great FD. It would need to be to make up for all the “naughtiness” that I have indulged in over the past 2 weeks. Going to finish this week on a stronger note than I had thought.

Hannah, we will indeed get there together.

Wine will do that to you, Baygirl. Hope you aren’t under the weather for too long. Amazing how a big long cool drink of water can help buck up the system. And a walk on the beach can produce nothing short of a miracle.

NZ, Day 26, FD
    Apologies for not posting yesterday – failed FD, stood on scales yesterday morning after a great NFD on Monday & scales had gone up, so that put me in a terrible head space all day. Went liquid only until 5pm and then devoured everything I could get my hands! What a waste of a day!

Woke up feeling awful this morning – but have done FD today (so far, so good!!) with plenty of water so hopefully I’ll get through tonight ok.

Take care all. Xxx

Day 26 Italy – NFD
    I forgot to weigh in yesterday. I weigh 74.3kg, and I have a feeling I WILL make it to 73 for the end of the challenge.
    I too am up for November and December …I love this place it is a real haven, with such a calm, loving atmosphere …a virtual hug. Thankyou so much Fuvvie, its lovely to read you’re back in a positive frame of mind.

Day 26. Sussex, U.K.
    FD
    Will have my 500 calls. Between lunch and dinner.
    Good luck everyone and soooo glad you are up again Fuvvie.

Day 25: Pacific NW USA, 500 cal FD

Here’s the new November challenge link under “Weight Loss”: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/30-day-november-2016-challenge/

I’m traveling in order to be on hand to welcome a new baby to our family so please excuse me for being tardy in reading up on the last few days postings. I may make it another 500 cal day tomorrow too.

Australia Day 26 fd

Had a drama filled day so far and am impressed with myself that I haven’t turned to food from the stress. So that’s a win. Was planning on doing a water fast and have so far, it’s 6pm now but may still have a light fd dinner. I’m not really sure if it makes much difference loss wise between quarter tdee or water fasting. Does anyone who has done both have any idea if there was much difference between the two for you?
    I feel like it makes a difference but loss wise I’m not really sure. Would love to hear any feedback.

Fuvvie so glad you have had such a lovely time with your daughter enjoying the ocean, and that you are feeling much more positive. You can do it!

Day 26 : FD : Cheshire, UK

@fuvvie – big hug and glad you’re feeling better.

NZ NFD day 26

Cuevas de Reyllo, Spain Day 26 NFD
    Good morning all from Spain – we finally got internet in our Spanish house!
    An interesting week, foodwise – all NFDs but actually still pretty low-carb and we’ve mostly only had 1 meal a day. The beer/wine consumption has been higher though so that might have had an impact. I don’t have any scales here so won’t know until I get home on Sunday.
    Fuvvie, I love your posts – you are so cheerful and inspiring, even when your own life is tough – thank you.
    For a different and very positive approach to life, have a look at Leo Babauta – he has a really practical approach to life but challenges you to think about the choices you make – he has several books and a website.
    Meditation is a wonderful practice, but do be careful if you are depressed – my own experience is that it isn’t always the best thing and can intensify depression – a moving meditation such as Tai Chi or Chi Gung might be better.
    I will catch up with final weigh-in on Sunday
    Keep smiling O&D
    SSB

Portugal days 25 (NFD) & 26 (FD) – sorry didn’t get round to checking in yesterday.
    Exercise yesterday -lower body and abs (30 min fitness blender). And a short 2.5k walk. Today I am feeling very tired so no exercise so far (too late in bed). Have not weighed for a few days and not feeling too hopeful for much more weight loss. Will try really hard to make today’s FD count and maybe carry it through for another FD tomorrow. Can’t believe we are near the end of October’s challenge.

Lou Belles – I’m not sure about the difference a water Fast might make to weight loss but, psychologically I feel so empowered when I can nail one. I haven’t managed a liquid only fast for ages and really miss that feeling. If you feel ok, go for it…show the hunger dragon who’s in charge!

Day 26+ Australia NFD

Gozo, Malta
    Day 26
    FD

Fuvvie hang on to positive thoughts and frame of mind. So glad you’re feeling better. Thanks for everything.

Today it’s a fast day for me. Babysitting my grandson as usual. Went out for a coffee this morning

Stay strong everyone. Onwards and downwards. Happy Wednesday everyone.

Day 26 UK FD Feeling positive yesterday’s NFD went well and geared up for a good FD today -planned my meals Soup for lunch and courgetti with pepperonata & chicken sausage for dinner .

Glad to see you back on a high Fuvvie,you’ve done a great job leading us this month x

Tweed Coast Australia / Day 26 / NFD

DAFD started out well, then regressed into snacking and eating late in day and into night, triggered by the leftover whipped cream in fridge! Thankfully it is gone now!

Ha! Earlier in the week I bought a bag of ‘Kale Slaw’ Kit from our local supermarket, Coles. Apparently the 400 gram bag was meant to serve 4, though I ate it all in one sitting! Yes, I binged on raw kale, cabbage and a bit of beetroot with dressing and a small handful of raw seeds that comes in the kit. It was so good I’m already craving it again, though I’m aware that using my own home made dressing would be far healthier since I’d use olive rather than the sunflower oil found in the kit dressing!

Georgia/USA/Day 26/ NFD:

Back from my conference. Hit the gym this A.M. Feeling good about my program. Not seeing results on the scale this month at all though. Maybe my eating on NFD’s has something to do with it. Although I’m not feeling like I’m eating more than usual. I do workout with weights so maybe I’m gaining muscle? I have noticed a big difference in the mirror. So there’s hoping.Still hanging in there none the less. I’ll change the subject that makes me feel depressed. Have a great day everyone!

Australia, Day 26, FD

Had a good 18/6 day.

Australia, nFD, day 26

Day 26 | Ohio, USA | NFD

FD tomorrow. I haven’t eaten anything yet today, but I find NFDs Thursday until Monday too many. Am going to focus on eating more strategically today and thinking about it a bit more.

Have a good day all.

Day 26|NFD|Toronto

Good Morning All, USA, Missouri Ozars, Day 26, Fasting

Beautiful day here and a milestone (of sorts). For the first time that I can remember in a long, long, time – I am wearing a blouse tucked into dress slacks with a blazer and have no puffy middle. I am flat as a board (due to not drinking soda and drinking lots of water). It felt great, I was getting ready for work (I work for a law firm and we don’t do the “casual” dress code here which I love as I like to wear professional office clothes). I was wearing black slacks and a black and white tweed blazer – I put on a red silk shell and it was just a little bit too long. I tucked it in and it looks great. This is a big deal for me as I normally wear tops out.

Isn’t it funny how just a few little pounds – maybe five – could make a difference? I think when we get down to the last ten pounds or so it really matters.

Feeling great, fast went wonderful yesterday. Nothing from 7 p.m. until 7 p.m. and then I make sure everything I eat is within an hour window. Last night I had a salad, small plate of spaghetti (with salsa as the “sauce”) and one small piece of garlic bread. Got in lots of water and all of my exercise.

I love this challenge, it is keeping me “honest” – with myself. Anything I eat or do, I am accountable for on here.

Tomorrow is weigh in day. Hope to have held the 147 as I feel pretty good at this weight.

Have a wonderful day all. Hope everybody feel as energized as I do.

Well, everybody but Cubs fan! That’s okay, it is only one game.

GO CUBBIES !

Hi all UK day 26

Oh Fuvvie I had to go back to my post to see what I had put to make you cry – Maybe you just needed a good cry but I am so glad a splash at the beach has renewed your spirit – maybe note that down as one of your weapons of stress destruction lol.

Although I have not put fd or nfd for a few days – I just can’t commit to any at the moment (I will get there) as I don’t want to feel I failed – sadly the weather here is not suitable for a splash about but I already can feel a shift in my mindset. I have been kind to myself and not beaten myself up about things and know that my resolve will return – watch out November!! I also received an email from a friend from Little Voices who got back in touch. So I am beginning to form a plan for my last few days on this challenge. I also came across this little saying from a while back that I thought I would share – you don’t need to see the full flight of stairs – you just need to take the first step.

Timeforme – why let the number on the scale ruin a good day. Who is to say it could have been down a few hours later – it is only an indication not the be all and end all. Note it and move on – what doesn’t matter – really doesn’t matter!

Have a good day everyone.

US, Day 26, FD. 121….grrrrrrrrr.

And my phone is BACK!!!! So….there is a good use for white rice!!!

Wishing those who have been struggling a better day.

Day 26 – USA (Utah)

NFD today. Already had a wonderful cheese Danish for breakfast that I will work off later on at the gym. Every so often I need to have such a pastry to remind myself that is what all the other deprivation allows me as a treat.

Today another treat will be a massage after the gym then will attend granddaughter’s piano recital. Our single-mom daughter is dong her very best for these girls, and I am glad to be able to support them all.

Label – I love the thought of Kale Slaw. I buy a bag of broccoli slaw in my grocery (has shredded broccoli stems, some cabbage and carrot) and make a not so healthy dressing of mayo and seasonings. Yours sounds much healthier!

Fuvvie – your beach and family time all sound so invigorating and uplifting! Yeah for you!
    Onward & downward, everyone!

K-Lo, great news about the phone. I have always wondered if that really works, glad to hear that it does (or at least did, if your case). Thanks for letting us know.

Surrey UK Day 26 Checking in …. hello everyone!

Day 26. Fla USA NFD as I said yesterday I was getting ready for lunch after a 38 – 40 hour fast – well as it turned out the day got away from me I was busy all day and when I got home I still had a 6 o’clock yoga class so I decided to just do two fast days back to back feel great feel healthy. As of today diwn 3.2 pounds so down approximately 12 and a half pounds since I started September 1st. I’m loving the 5.2 eating plan feel healthy I feel strong and some days up some days and some days even but overall I am extremely pleased with my weight loss. Have a good day everyone

Day 26. WI. USA.

FD. Moving my days around, because of social engagements. Finding the time I save with food prep when I fast is a bonus.

Texas. Day 26. NFD.

Fuvvie, I feel refreshed just by reading your post: meeting your daughter, walk by ocean. Lovely!

Day 26: Gloucestershire, UK: Non-fast day….now.
    My next attempted fast day will now be FRIDAY!
    Actually, I HAVE to fast until at least 12.10 on that day as I’m booked in for a comprehensive health check which includes a fasting glucose test. Can’t get these on the NHS at the moment. It will be interesting to get a profile of my general health now I’ve lost weight.

Day 26, E. Canada, NFD

I didn’t go for a swim today, I may be coming down with a cold, sigh.

Fuvvie I want to be on that beach! So glad you had a good day.

Time4me I know the feeling of disappointment, but I don’t think you wasted the day. It was still a day of your life, and you are doing more than just trying to lose weight.

Two rounds of breakfast because I was really engrossed in a project, 400.
    An apple with a bit of peanut butter – 100/500
    Some shrimp, but I sauteed them, probably not the best idea – 180.
    Some rice – 100 some salad, 50 – 330/830.
    Good thing I’m nowhere near the cookies or chocolate, so I am doing without dessert. Yay me.

Day 27|NFD|Bucks UK

Australia , day 27, FD

USA Day 26 NFD, and has gone well. Still 142 lbs.
    Good luck, Ciren2, on your health check Friday. I hope you see great benefits from all of your hard work. Sending positive thoughts to you and your family, B2tF, for an easy labor and delivery of a healthy grandchild!
    Stay strong and good luck to everyone.

Perth, Australia, Day 27, FD

Well, yesterday was the worst food eating day I’ve had since I started this. The reasons were threefold, hangover, minimal sleep and an emotional day in the calendar for me. The first two were coincidental and unrelated with the third ( I know it sounds unlikely, but it is the truth). Let me just say that I’m glad today is a fast day. I will be going for a walk later, through the sand dunes, watching out for snakes, so I can work off some of the rubbish I ingested yesterday.

@itsmyturn – congratulations on your wonderful loss. Fantastic effort.
    @fuvvie – I’m glad you were able to find a way to emotionally recharge. You are right, the ocean is a magical place to do so.
    @coda – I neglected to say anything yesterday, because, well, we all know why, but I really enjoyed your ‘thought’ example. A handy reminder on the power of thought. This illustrates why gratitude journals are effective. The help focus on positives.

For those fasting today, good luck.
    Hope everyone hs a great day 😊

Viewing 50 posts - 1,351 through 1,400 (of 1,628 total)

You must be logged in to reply.