starting Monday 5/1/15

This topic contains 739 replies, has 89 voices, and was last updated by  Pat from SC 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 740 total)

• Well done both of you – I think as long as the needle keeps moving in the right direction, I’ll take whatever loss I can each week (and recognise that if I don’t lose one week, not to be despondent, it will probably show the week after).
    Oh, and I managed to resist the curry at lunchtime by the way ๐Ÿ™‚

Kristy!!! That’s great! You mentioned that you also have 30lbs to lose so 11lbs in 3 weeks is really fantastic! What’s your trick? Please share!!

Well actually 32lb. No trick i think the reason is because i was eating so bad before i started i easily could of had 3 takeaways a week. I could eat 6 bags of crisps some nights when watching tv i have always been like this. For years i have ate what i wanted and not cared because i stayed at 10 stone. I wasnt overly happy being 10 stone but i wasnt big so when i did try to diet or be good i would say i never stuck to it. My eating got completely out of hand this autumn and put on over a stone. So that was the kick up the bum i needed to do something and be more healthy. I havnt had a takeaway since starting 5:2 i havnt wanted one so yea i think its just because im now eating totally different to before. Honestly i was lucky i wasnt bigger because what i would of ate was ridiculous just greed.

well done everyone. It’s good to read about so many positive losses.
    I must admit that I’ve struggled with today’s fast. Stress at work, the cold weather and as my Nana would call it, ‘the monthly curse’! ๐Ÿ˜‰ have not helped. I think a long hot bath and an early night are the only things that will stop me from snacking this evening!

Hope everyone has had a good day! I’ve gone over by about 70 calories so I’ve had 570 instead of the 500 I was supposed to have. However, I am now about to go for a jog which will be for 30 minutes so I’m feeling better about it!! Got a nice weight watcher meal to have when I’m back haha!

Now I am on my way to bed so a day of fasting done. Like usual, I am roughly at 500-550kcal. Tomorrow is my weekly weigh-in. Hope the number is going down however little it might be ๐Ÿ™‚

Kristy, glad that you picked up good eating attitude through 5:2. This is probably do you more good in the long run. I actually found myself restricting amount of carb. Not because I want a low-carb diet. Just because they used up so much kcal and offer such a small amount of food. Eating lots of vegetables instead as this way I seens to have more food to eat. ha ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes Gerry think 5:2 has helped a lot. I also find that i eat a lot less carbs for the same reason as you you dont get a lot for your calories. I eat no carbs at all on fastdays

I’m doing my second fast day of the week today. A tough one because an old co-worker stopped by and wanted to have lunch. I had to say that I’d already eaten since I didn’t want to go into detail about why I wasn’t eating…

So, my time, it’s only 1:37 in the afternoon, but I’m feeling pretty good about turning down the lunch invite and sticking with my fast for the day. ๐Ÿ™‚ I am trying to stay away from the scales and am judging more by how my clothes fit and how I feel. So far, it seems like it’s working!!

Wow LaserX good for you but that must have been tough. Do something nice tomorrow.

I’m fasting today too and I’m pretty hungry now but it’s nearly bed time so I know I’ll make it at this stage. It’s my third week and I’ve finally managed to keep if under 500 cals so I’m delighted. Weigh in day tomorrow for me. I said I would give it until the end of February so I will and then see.

Thanks Misty May and congrats to you too! I think I will do something nice tomorrow – maybe along the lines of some mac and cheese ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a nice night!

Lol ?… laserX that’s another reason I’m weighing tomorrow. I had a Big Mac meal with tea instead of fizzy drink yesterday so tomorrow will be interesting. ….

Enjoy that Mac and cheese

Weighed in this morning, lost 2lbs this week and dropped half an inch off my waist. 15lbs and 1 inch to go until I hit my target!
    Hope everyone has had some positive results.

My weekly weigh-in @ Friday ๐Ÿ™‚

Height: 5ft4in
    Starting weight: 150lbs
    Target weight: 120lbs

12/1/2015: 150lbs
    16/1/2015: 148lbs
    22/1/2015: 145.5lbs

I am really happy with this progress since I did have a day a week that I was not particualrly good. ๐Ÿ™‚ So now I know I could also be a “big loser” if I stay good during non-fast day and perhaps even start to do some exerise…. ha

My third week weigh in today and I have lost 2lbs so very happy with that making a total of 11lbs lost and taking me under 16stone. Not found it too bad this week have to keep reminding myself on non fast days that I can have stuff I wouldn’t normally eat when dieting such as cheese definitely finding that my tastes have changed have not fancied anything sweet despite there still being chocolate in the house from Christmas. I had originally planned to fast 3 days but decided to stick to 2 so that when the weight plateaus I can move to 3 which I don’t think I would find too hard as I find it seems quite a gap between the fast days.

Well done everyone on their weight loss. I’m disappointed to see that I weigh exactly the same as I did last Sunday, despite doing two fast days. At least I haven’t gained anything I suppose!

Hello everyone.
    Well today is the first time I’ve seen 9 stone anything on the scales in a long, long time! Just to recap I started at 10st-7lb three weeks ago on jan 5th and am now 9-13 and a 1/4. I know it’s not far into the 9 stone mark but I’ll take it. I’m amazed by this weight loss since I didn’t have a great day yesterday (iced Madeira cake on the go in work) but I am back fasting today before the weekend kicks in.

Lusherx I wouldn’t worry too much about staying the same- I bet if you took size measurements you’d still be losing cms. I wish I’d taken my measurements at the start so that when I start to slow down I don’t get too disheartened.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and let’s all keep up our good work!

Lx

Well done all on the weight loss! I am the same as you lusherx, I have not lost anything this week either and only 4lb since the start. I feel much better doing this but really wish the weight would come off! I have measured though and lost 2″ off my waist.
    Am considering doing 4:3 but don’t really want to fast on a Friday and don’t think I can manage 2 days in a row.

Thanks LolLo Mo, I have just tried two skirts on which I grew out of last year but they fit me again!! So I’m feeling much better about the scales now. I’ve realised it’s not completely about the weight, I feel so much healthier and fitter in myself. Seeing it on the scales is just a bonus really. I haven’t measured myself at all but I’ll go from how I feel in clothes. Good luck to you sparkle_lg and well done on the loss!

Hey Double Trouble, that’s the reason I’ve deliberately started with no exercise and ony 2 fasts, so that I have somewhere else to step up to when the weight stops shifting. I’m workin on the principle that with 5-5.5st (now about 4.5) to lose I’ll probably plateau the same number of times.
    Next step is going to the gym twice a week…
    Then three times
    Then 4:3/5:2 alternating
    Then 5 times a week
    Then 4:3
    After that it will permanent gym habitation (not looking forward to that) until I hit my target.

It’s been so long since I weighed any less than 12st 8lbs, I’ve no idea what size I’ll be wearing or how I’ll look (right now I’m betting on wrinkly, I was 18 the last time I was 10st)I’m quite looking forward to it

You are right lusherx, it’s not just about the scales and if clothes are feeling looser then it must be working!
    Good idea on alternating 5:2 and 4:3 Mamie Muse, I might try that one. Have also started exercising too, doing home DVDs although am thinking of joining the gym, was hoping to be less wobbly before I started!

A massive well done to everyone on their weight loss this week its great hearing everyone is doing so well ๐Ÿ™‚ we will all get there eventually. Just think how much we will have lost for summer ๐Ÿ˜€

Hi Mamie Muse – I have 5 stone to lose altogether too so similar aims I too have the dreaded exercise in reserve hate it got as far as watching an exercise bike on ebay ๐Ÿ™‚ think I will try the fast exercise as I reckon short sharp shocks I could deal with but not just yet

Now reading through the post, it gives me th urge to go to buy a measuring band as soon as I can leave the office. ๐Ÿ™‚ I have not measured myself since I gave births (ok but even the youngest is 3ยฝ now)

I am actually really impressed with this diet. I have been eating with quite a lot of freedom on non-fast day (around or above my TDEE) but I still lost weight.

I must admit that I still find the two fasting days hard as I am frequently nibbling. So it is hard to not even allowed to put the healthy stuff in my mouth. But I keep my focus and counting down on that day and keep focus on the freedom as soon as I wake up the next day. It worked so far.

Comparatively it is so much easier than low-carb diet that I tried before. Not knowing when i could eat toast or pasta again. Here in 5:2, I know I am allowed to eat anything, just small amount for those calorific food. That’s make me more human whereever I go. As long as I avoid socializing on fast day, I don’t even need to ruin the fun of gathering by announcing dieting! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi everyone! It sounds like everyone is doing so well!! I completed my second fast of the week yesterday. I’m feeling so good about being able to do these days successfully. I really feel like I’m in control and I like that feeling.

I weighed this morning – 199.1 lbs. That’s still quite high, BUT it’s the first time I’ve been under the 200 mark for a LOOONG time. I started at 206 so that’s just about 7 lbs gone in two weeks!!

I’ve got a nice weekend coming up, going to the beach with the pups and the husband. For today, I’m feeling good feeling like my clothes are looser and I’m just happier.

I love reading everyone’s updates when I get up in the morning since you’ve all done all your chatting while I was still sleeping. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thrilled to say I have lost another 3lb that makes just under 11lb since I started on 5/1/15
    Congratulations to all who have lost this week.

Nice to see and hear about the successes. Yeah Jan and woohoo LacerX. I look forward to the 200 lb. mark at some point in my future!

Down 1lb this week. Disappointed at first as it doesn’t seem much and I find the fasting tough. BUT I didn’t get as much exercise in and had two McDonalds during the week ….lol well it’s fairly good overall. So now 9st 5 , 131lbs (according to the converter) looking forward to seeing 8.13 1/2 on those scales and the lovely loose clothes feeling. Well done to everyone and enjoy the weekend.

Well done Jan. me and you seem to be losing the same amounts 2lb off for me this week aswell so 11lb off since starting.:) Misty May i think a 1lb loss is still very good especially after 2 MCD’s ๐Ÿ™‚ at least now we know we can have takeaway or fast food and still lose which lets face it would never happen on any other diet. 5:2 really is the best ๐Ÿ˜€ had a catch up with some friends yesterday all discussing weight loss and how they have been trying to lose weight after christmas i mentioned i had lost 11lb and explained 5:2 their reaction was so negative. Its frustrating that people think its so bad when actually its so good for you. They wont be too quick to judge when i reach goal weight im determined to prove them all wrong that this is a way of life not a fad diet

Great attitude Kirsty. This “diet” is the best and no one could convince me otherwise. 11lbs is fantastic, well done!

I am also getting negative comments about doing this – someone even told me it caused gallstones??? Well it seems to be working for me I’ve lost another 2lb this week which takes my total to 5lb 6 over 3 weeks so I’m going to carry on with it.

I agree Kirsty. I think once you mention the word ‘fast’ it can invite negativity from others who don’t understand 5:2. They may think it’s unhealthy, that it means you eat nothing and your body will go into starvation mode, that it’s unhealthy, unsustainable etc. I would try to explain it but if someone still criticises it, I wouldn’t waste my breath – it’s their loss! I’ve been doing 5:2 for 11 days now and have lost almost 6lb. I’ve had some virus since I started so I haven’t exercised but I would like to have a gentle jog this weekend if I can muster the energy! Have a good weekend everyone.

Hi everyone. I had a very naughty cheat day yeterday and ended up consuming well over the amount I should have. I went for a jog this morning and did some exercise with my weights. At work later on so I’ll do another fast day today to shift a bit of what I’ll have put on from last night! Hopefully the weigh in tomorrow won’t be as bad .. Have a good weekend!

Hi Kirsty, Alison & Applepie,
    I’ve had negative comments too but I’m completely convinced. All you have to say is that everyone has days when they just don’t feel like eating and all you’re doing is scheduling those days in twice or three times a week.

I know this diet is going to be really easy when it gets to summertime for me because it’s too bloody hot to eat, I spend all day drinking tea and water. It’s a good job really because I think I’ll be switching to 4:3 around then.

Kirsty you have the right attitude, sit back and wait for your target and just smile when people ask how you did it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks, Kirsty, for your words of encouragement. I can understand why people would be very negative about it. The thought of fasting before I started this way of eating was inconceivable to me. I couldn’t cope with the idea of being even slightly hungry. I think if we all just carry on at a steady pace and let the sceptics see for themselves in time that it does work. It has certainly proven to me that a bit of hunger can actually make you enjoy meals all the more.

Even if I don’t stick my TDEE I still feel better so the weight loss is a bonus. As I haven’t got under 9 stone since my children arrived it would be a miracle nearly to get there but the feel good benefits are certainly worth the fasting.

I’m hoping to up my exercise regime next week but I have relaxed into this plan so we’ll soldier on.

I find two fast days a week is enough.

We will all get there. We will reach our goals and maintain it i have no doubts about it. Sometimes i think its jealousy as well your losing weight feeling great looking good and all people can say is “How are you going to stick to that” we will stick to it quite easily we are getting more used to fasting everyday soon it will become second nature and if being the size i have always wanted to be means fasting a couple of days a week well then hell yea i take that ๐Ÿ™‚

Don’t you sometimes wish there was a “like button” on here?

Well said Kirsty!!!

Yes, I was linking we need a like button! Wish there was one!

I’ve put a pound on from two days of gorging on food. I’m very disappointed in myself, but I’ve been feeling a little bit upset about things lately and I’ve turned to food which I shouldn’t have done. Very annoyed at myself right now!!

Aww Lusher dont worry its nothing a fast day wont fix ๐Ÿ™‚ are you fasting tomorrow?? Ot will make you feel better ๐Ÿ™‚ alo that pound is probably just water dont weigh yourself after eat days your weight will go up and down during the week its that one weigh in you do a week that matters. Chin up ๐Ÿ™‚ i binged last week felt horrible but didnt weigh myself after waited for my weekly weigh in and i still lost 2lb ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you for making me feel better Kirstya86! I am fasting tomorrow yes, think I’m going to do Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, as I’m going out for lunch with my boyfriend on Wednesday and friends on Friday. I just need to stay away from things I know I’ll binge on if I’m feeling upset. I will weigh myself on Friday next. Going to do some exercise now to redeem myself! Have a lovely day xx

I’ve done exactly the same this week Lusherx. I’m doing a semi fast between my two fast days and I’ll be going to the gym twice before I weigh-in this week in some way of makin up for it.

It’s the nighttime that messes me up! I’m so good during the day on the whole. It’s okay we’ll just make sure we don’t slip up this week!

I’ve decided to fast today as I realised I had only had 120 calories all day up to now and it seems a shame to blow it. So chicken and veggies for dinner it is. .

janpartly you are so good, I have to be in the right frame of mind from when I get up to fast that day.
    Well it was my weekly weigh in this morning and I have gained a pound! Gutted! I stayed well under the 500 calories on my 2 fast days and under my TDEE the other days. It’s just not fair ๐Ÿ™
    So I am going to try for 3 fast days this week, starting today.
    We can do this!

Weigh day today and I’m down 7.5lb – pretty pleased with that! It’s a fast day today although I woke up a bit hungry today, probably because I ran 5k yesterday (first time since before Christmas) and I had a light dinner. I have resisted the urge to grab a banana for breakfast as I want to save my calories for lunch and dinner. I’m also interested in seeing whether I find it easier to hold out until then than I feel at the moment! Have a good day everyone- I know there are a few of us fasting today,

Im fasting today ๐Ÿ™‚ Topcat well done on your loss and Apple pie good on you for not getting disheartened i have read through a lot of forums on here and people say a lot not to count on the scales our weifht will fluctuate.

Also not to weigh yourself if its your time of the month because it wont be accurate

I’m fasting today and just got into a pair of jeans that I haven’t been able to fit in for 18 months so well motivated for today. I’m determined to see those scales go below 11st when I weigh in on Friday. Everyone fasting today enjoy it – think of the good you’re doing for yourselfโ˜บ

I am fasting too! i know the feeling to fit in some jeans that you can’t fit for a while! So happy for you! I am waiting for my turn to fit that jeans too

Still the same weight this morning ๐Ÿ™ Considering I didnt fast very well last week as I was unwell, to the same is okay I suppose. Feel a bit disappointed though.

Fasting today. Have a good day everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 740 total)

You must be logged in to reply.