Springing Up – March 2020 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Springing Up – March 2020 Challenge

This topic contains 674 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 4 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 676 total)

• USA Day 20 WFD

I will respond to posts a little later! My computer seems to have gone wacky and won’t let me do anything!

Day 20, London, UK, NFD

Late post after final(!!) Pilates class, we were well spread out, about 3m apart & used no equipment apart from or own, but the semester has been cut short by 2 weeks. We treated it as the last ‘Hurrah’, well at least for a short time (hopefully). Our teacher is going to try Vimeo until things are resolved.

@daffodil2010, I’m so pleased Mr. Daffodil is home and doing better. I would have been tempted by the vino in the garage!!

@penz, if just thinking about me can help you swerve the PB, perhaps I should send you a photo to stick on the wine rack!!!

@dykask, I take vitamin D, K, H and zinc with my main meal as it’s usually soup on a FD which doesn’t pack the same nutritional punch as my normal, higher calorie, meals.

Way to go @i-hate-lettuce, it’s fabulous to reach a weight-loss target, especially when it’s been relatively painless!!

@emma-taylor, as I keep having to remind myself ………………………. “several years of 5:2 have persuaded me that losing weight is not difficult, so I got too casual. Time to start again!”

@saffy420, I only manage to stay on the wagon when there’re NO snacks or vino in the house!! I’ve only got cashew nuts (which I’m rationing!!) and crystallized ginger, which I love but can limit to 1 ‘normal’ portion!! ………………………….. After the 2 bags of Hula hoops, which one of you considered jumping in the car to go get some more???!!!

Trying times, but ………………………………. we’ve STILL got this!!!!!

Day 20 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday’s FD went well, and I am back in my acceptable range for maintenance. Trying not to over eat today on my DAFD. (Day After FD)

Our Family Practice doctor son-in-law gave his first COVID-19 test yesterday, so prayers that the patient was negative. More than anything else, SIL does not want to have to not work for 14 days of quarantine, our daughter says. Supposed to have the test results on Monday.

@flourbaby – I am doing a Silver Sneakers class that was recorded by Face Book Live, and it’s working, so I hope you’re able to continue Pilates on Vimeo.

Onward and downward.

Day 20 UK NFD

Yesterday was an unexpected OMAD carb day – but i forgot to weigh myself this morning. I’ll catch up with weight tomorrow, and record next Friday.

I’m posting late this week bc seem to spend the whole day online juggling Stuff. I open the forum window and get pulled into something else… I’m going to try to be more structured next week and move away from emergency mode to something more sustainable

We are 2/3 of the way through this month’s challenge – and to me it feels like the longest month ever. The fast-changing world around the pandemic has shifted something fundamental for all of us. I’m so glad of and grateful for this group for ticking along, connecting us and keeping a rhythm of something healthy and helpful amidst the chaos.

@flourbaby thank you for your fulsome & encouraging posts x

@i-hate-lettuce congratulations on reaching your first big goal! That is an epic achievement. Basic 5:2, drinking water, getting good sleep- and NOT getting complacent – these are corner stones of a successful WOL.

Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 20 UK FD

Quick post just sneaking in before midnight! Successful FD today. Managed 20 hours since previous meal. Will check weight tomorrow and hoping for further downwards movement on the scales.

Hoping everyone is staying safe and well.

2nd post

Have just caught up on all the posts. What great news @daffodil2010 about your DH. You must be so relieved and supported now by your family knowing what you’ve been through.

Day 21 – Japan – NFD

Water fast day was easy, I actually went about 38+ hours. Cherry blossoms are at the peak right now in central Tokyo. I was headed for a run, changed my mind because of all the people out and about because of the cherry trees. The pollen really brothers me.

I’m been thinking about what I’m going to do if I get infected with the novel corona-virus. Mainly I have two action points.

1) Try not to be the one that brings it into the home.
    2) If I get a fever, don’t take medication to lower the fever unless it is life or death.

Many of us are very conditioned to fighting fevers and getting our body temperature back to normal that a fever seems to be part of the sickness. Most fevers though are just our bodies fighting infection and at higher temperatures our immune systems work better and the production of more virus is often slower. Now for many infections we have drugs that help, so lowering a fever isn’t a problem. With the this new threat we need to depend on our own defenses more, so that is why I’ve decided not to fight a fever if I get it. Death by fever is rare so I think it is a good trade-off to get well sooner.

Now if my 16 year old gets infected and has a fever, I’m going to follow the doctor’s advice for her. Just for myself I would ask to let the fever burn. Oh I wouldn’t fast either during a fever, but I might not be eating much anyway if it happens. Most claims seem to be we burn about 10% more energy for each degree C our body temperature increases. I don’t know of any studies though to back that up.

Day 21, Emden Germany, NFD

@i-hate-lettuce congratulations! you’re doing so well, I have no doubt as you’re a MOAM you’ll reach your goal.

Have a nice day and take care everyone!

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Well done all you fasters and @i-hate-lettuce especially for reaching goal. I will try to get back to 5:2 next week, it’s been a crazy week.

Going to go out now for an early walk before heading to a supermarket to get the weekly shopping. Haven’t been near a shop in a week but I know that social distancing and doors closed and one person out/one person in rules are in force. Have to get supplies for the cat too so I hope the pet store is still open.

A lot of retailers are closed (clothes shops, IKEA, Penneys, etc).

Then going to stay the heck home until work on Monday.

Have a good weekend everyone, stay safe, the birdies are singing, we will get through this.

Day 21 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Thank you very much for driving me on and it was brilliant to share my good news yesterday, but I didn’t/couldn’t do it on my own. Just seeing the messages this morning has given me a big lift and the support here is just brilliant, it helps to keep us all going I think, a big ‘Bear hug’ for everyone (Daughter refers to me as Papa Bear) x

Out walking again today, fresh air and exercise has also helped. Fantastic walk round Tarn Hows and High Arnside Intake in glorious sunshine yesterday. (would love to share a photo or two, but if the forum allowed it we’d be clogged up with all sorts, this format does what we need without distractions!)

Today, bit cooler, sun trying to pop through, off out again into Langdales for another walk, before it gets really busy season. Despite the virus issues, traffic and day visitor numbers are increasing already!

Take care all

Day 21, London, UK, FD,

I’ll fast today because I’ve got so much to do in the house that food should be way down the list! The housework has been slipping & I found myself glued to the news channel far too much!!

The fasting has gone well this week, perhaps the lack of results on the scales has been due to lack of exercise, I need to get a walk in daily, staying away from people shouldn’t be an issue ………………. It’s the news channel that’s an issue, again!! I need to have a daily WOAM walk as recommended by ‘Papa Bear’!!!

It’s a beautiful morning here in London, I think the wildlife is taking advantage of quieter streets, ‘cause the birdsong that woke me this morning was spectacular!!!

Stay safe everyone xx

Day 21 UK NFD

Will continue to fast Mon & Weds Amazed how much more aware of portions and not wanting to waste anything I’ve become Luckily our local bakery is still open so with no guilt whatsoever enjoyed a lovely hot cross bun for breakfast Taking up “papa bears “ adventure ce and off for a nice long walk now

Stay safe xx

Day 21 UK CD

This morning’s weigh in had me at 158lbs. Not fabulous, but it wasn’t a DAFD so may be a bit up in comparison. I’ll just have to have a mindful solid 5:2 week and see where I am next Friday. ATM it feels like not gaining would be a wonderful result.

Got a bit too caught up in things today and need to take a break. Will make sure tomorrow is as much of a sabbath as possible. My church is streaming servcice in the morning and i’ve just been reformattin the order of service for a friend. OK. Off to the common to enjoy a distance coffee with DD – taking our own coffee, sitting 3m apart!

Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 21, UK NFD.

Scales this morning showed a small drop from last week which must count as a minor miracle after the few days away and the “extras” I’ve put away. Yes @flourbaby, going out for additional snacks was discussed but quickly discounted as we had drunk almost a bottle of wine by then.

This morning I walked around the zoo for a few hours, did 5 miles in total but still didn’t get round all of it. There were loads of families in there and we were all keeping our distance from each other. Being in the fresh air and watching the animals was very calming and peaceful. They’ve been told they can stay open despite yesterday’s announcement re shutting the pubs etc so I’m hoping I’ll get another opportunity to go back there soon.

@i-hate-lettuce, I know from previous experience how great this forum is, and boy do we need that support and encouragement at the minute. I envy you living in the lakes, it’s a beautiful part of the country.

I seem to have “adopted” my neighbours dog. Took him for a walk yesterday and he’s back with me this afternoon. She suffers from poor health so can’t get out-at all and his regular walking buddy’s owner is also confined to the house so, at the minute he’s on a play date with my two who aren’t really that bothered but it’s making me smile.

Stay safe everyone.

USA Day 21

Cannot say whether I am doing 5:2 anymore or simply controlling how much I eat, so I don’t have to go near a grocery store too often! Fortunately, I can do my exercises at home, since all gyms are closed here. Although I am beginning to feel guilty, I am taking walks keeping my 6 ft. distance from anyone I see, which is easy to do, since almost nobody is out!

Stay safe, everyone!

Day 21 – Ireland – NFD
    Hi all, I haven’t really been in the zone to post since I came back from my holiday this day last week. Thinking back now it was great to have a last hurrah on the ski slopes of France before coronavirus began to really affect us.getting back from France was so so stressful, the scenes in the airport were just apocalyptic and I am so happy to be back in Ireland and in my own house.
    It’s definitely a different world and for me it has been extremely busy since I got back as like many of you I’m working from home but my days have been even longer and more stressful than my normal busy periods because we are trying to keep our everyone in our large firm working remotely.
    Mixed into this is the worry over my parents and my need to assist my other siblings looking after them over the coming months and the realisation that although I’m fit and healthy because of the scarring on my lungs and high BP I am in the at risk category of people so do need to take steps to mind myself. My lung consultant phoned on Wednesday and I’m now under no illusion about how serious things could get… and how long this could go on for.. I’m still trying to get out in my bike though and have a morning walking “commute” on the beach 👍
    My man is working in the UK so we don’t know when we will see each other again but thank god for WhatsApp, FaceTime etc… we’ll get through all of this but it’s just crap…
    Anyway…. on the upside – with the worry and change in working setup … I’ve managed to not gain too much weight following the ski trip 🎿 which really is amazing… we had such good food and drink!!! 🇫🇷 I put in two good FDs this week and am back down around 167lbs so very happy.
    My goal now is to limit the shopping and eat all the food that is already in my cupboards… while staying away from treats and alcohol …
    I’m so glad to see everyone is doing ok! 👌 I’m sure we’ll all have ups and downs over the coming weeks in this new isolated way of life but it’s great to have such a fabulous community here!! Thank you all for being here!
    @ihatelettuce Huge well done to you!!!
    @daffodil2010 I’m so glad your DH is ok! Phew 😅 scary times!
    @ciren2 I hope you are ok out there?
    And everyone else stay safe and mind yourselves 💕
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 21, md US, NFD or CD

Today is a CD like most have been the past month now. Doing my 16/8 and feel a bit more relaxed today, was able to sleep in on this Sat, quick trip the store then a productive couple of hours cleaning our garage with the kids. Going to workout shortly and plan to relax more for the remainder of the day. Like I shared with my colleagues it feels as even if we can’t go do “much” this weekend, we need to rest…. mostly our brains as it’s just so much information, stress, etc we are all taking on.

I read some updates and good to hear the successes and those back home. Take care everyone!

Day 21 Ohio,US —- FD
    Day 20 — NFD

Just a quick check in — I stayed up late last night working on a project and oversnacked while doing it. So today really had to be a FD. It went well.

Hope the weekend is going well for everyone!

Day 22, Emden Germany, NFD

It’s a beautiful morning here, time to get up and enjoy it!

Have a nice day and take care everyone!

Day 22 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Haven’t managed to do an extra FD this weekend. Big reset tomorrow, as we head into the last week of what is truly turning out to be mad March.

Happy Mother’s Day to the UK moms!💐

Stay safe everyone.

Day 22 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone,

What a fantastic day yesterday, we are very lucky to live where we do, quiet village tucked away, loads of walks from our doorstep. But we like to have a change and I know where to go to avoid the crowds. Yesterday saw us arriving bright and early, car park almost empty. Instead of walking the popular paths from the car park along the river, we headed over the hill into the next valley and hardly saw a soul until we got back to the car.
    I know I keep harping on about walking, but it really is good for the soul, yesterday was exceptional. We only do low level walks these days, but the views of the surrounding mountains was spectacular, the light was particularly good.
    Because there’s only the two of us and we wander along talking quietly we often come across wildlife, (I really am an outdoor guy and am lucky to spot things regularly) yesterday was no exception, we often get Greater Spotted Woodpeckers in our garden, see them regularly around the village. But, as we had stopped looking at the view, a woodpecker flew onto a nearby dead branch, maybe 20 metres away, and started ‘drumming’ on the end of the branch. Often hear the rattle in the woods locally, but never seen a bird actually pecking away like that, fantastic.

All in all a really nice morning, loads of fresh air, beautiful scenery, wildlife, just nice to get out and ‘get my head on straight’! Needless to say when we did get back to the car park it was chaos, several folk waiting for a spot.

Sun out already, no wind at all, think we will do a long local walk this morning.

Take care all.

Day 22 – Ireland – NFD
    Morning all!
    It’s a beautiful day here so I’m going to head off for a solo spin…. we have no club spins at the moment which is a good thing (I couldn’t join anyway 😷) as we must all ensure we don’t mix but also to try keep the numbers ofpeople presenting to a&e down.
    Please try to get out and get some fresh air and gentle exercise today…. it helps so much ✅
    Please stay safe everyone and a happy Mother’s Day to all the mums in the group💕 I can’t be with mine today but my sister will be with her ♥️
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 22 TDEE
    Day 21 TDEE

Lost 600 gms last week, which brings my weight loss so far this month to 2.6 kg. Was aiming for 4 kg, so probably won’t get there, but still, moving along well. @michelinme, haven’t caught up to you yet, but watch out for next month (or May 🙂 )!

Keep on the downward trail everyone!

Day 22 UK NFD

Sun is shining, I’m going to ignore the bar of dark chocolate w seasalt that I ate yesterday and have a healthier day today!

Feeling very connected today tho not yet been into the garden. After doing chores I was part of online service from my regular church, chatting w others over virtual coffee afterwards. I’m hoping to see mother for video chat later – she’s in v vulnerable group and will have to be shielded over the next months. And just fixed an early evening zoom gathering with what’s normally an online support group! Now I need to break and stretch, eat and sit outside for a bit.

Stay safe and take good care – eat well, drink gallons of water and sleep lots. When dark times are around us, the answer still doesn’t lie in the fridge!

Whatever today brings, go gently x

Day 22 USA (Illinois) NFD

Online church starting shortly – Facebook Live – so just a quick check in. We’re doing well, but in the effort to support our local eateries with carry outs, we’re trying not to over eat. Whew, restaurants sure do give large portions around here. You’d think people were starving or something.

Onward and downward.

Day 22, London, UK, NFD,

I was hoping for a FD today, but I broke my fast at 2pm with cheese, pickles and prosciutto, so perhaps it’ll be a CD once I have my seabass & butterbean stew for dinner!

It’s a sad Mother’s Day when you can’t spend it with your mum!! I visited her this morning, I stayed at the front door and left her card and bottle of sherry on the mat, I didn’t want to venture inside and touch anything just in case!!! She understands the limitations but her Alzheimers’ means she forgets but at least she’s not getting upset by it all!!

I’m frustrated with the reports of the young-uns out there flouting the recommendations for not gathering in groups or distancing themselves from others. The young believe they’re invincible ……………………….. until they’re not!!!

I’m aiming to get out for a daily walk just to prevent cabin fever setting in, the weather here is being kind, I hope it lasts!!!

Feeling a bit anxious, but I know this isn’t for ever and my mum is an ex healthcare professional who had the habit of NOT touching her face ingrained into her very being in the 1960’s, combining this with minimal visits WILL keep her safe!!

Take care everyone, we can deal with these stressful times without resorting to bad eating habits or choices …………….. that’s only an excuse we used to use to fool only ONE person ……… we’re no longer fooling ourselves!!! Keep the faith!!

Day 22, UK NFD

The weather is gorgeous. We went for a walk earlier, not a lot of people around. Looking at the pictures in the papers today re people flocking to the seaside etc I think we could be in a proper lockdown in a few days.

Having a controlled day today, not had anything so far but having roast lamb with the trimmings later. A shared bottle of wine is mandatory in our house on a Sunday. Tomorrow I’m doing some batch cooking so it’ll be a FD – I’m planning to make some leek and potato soup and have it as my OMAD.

A very strange Mother’s Day for us all – my mum asked us not to go to theirs today so first time in forever we’ve not had a family gathering today. I’ve offered to pop up And sit in the garden – were all getting more resourceful these days!

Best wishes to everyone &keep safe.

Day 22, md US, CD

16/8 today and given the circumstances I did start the afternoon day drinking as I carried out not one but 2 skinny margaritas + chips and queso from the local Mexican restaurant up the street. No guilt here. Figure I had to support business before our state is completely shut down. They just announced Ohio, figure Maryland will be very soon. I feel for the business owners in all countries, we drove by my favorite bakery earlier and they were open. For now 😓

I did manage to work out, it’s one of the only things keeping me sane. Happy Mother’s Day to the Moms in UK 💐

Day 23 – Japan – WFD #24

Day 23, FD, Aus

Congrats @Ihatelettuce!!!

Love the idea of your photo on the wine rack, @flourbaby. Maybe that mental picture alone will be enough of a deterrent for me.

Day 22 Ohio, US — NFD (67 bites)

A regular NFD. The mallard couple look as though they’re nesting right across the street from me. With all the brouhaha going on it’s nice to have a little normalcy right out the front door.

@cavanya Yes, Ohio’s governor has issued a “stay at home” order starting tomorrow night at midnight. Only essential businesses can stay open until Arpril 6. Fortunately that will include grocery stores and restaurants, etc. I tried Instacart out with my first order today and have been pleased with how things turned out. I may start to use them for all my grocery shopping in the next few weeks.

@songbirdme My church also did the Facebook feed today. It worked out well. I’ve heard that some people are starting to have virtual lunches and dinners with their friends. Haven’t tried that yet, but it’s an intriguing idea.

Here’s a start for Monday’s, Day 23, pocket list:
    @matpi
    @dykask (WFD)

Day 23 Melb Aust FD800

Doing okay, but at 4 p.m., getting hungry so I headed for the computer instead.

Like your states, @matpi & @cavanya, as of midday today, in Australia, all hotels, restaurants, cafes, casinos, cinemas, places of worship, etc., have had to close their doors – in part as a response to the young and irresponsible who crowded in their thousands to Sydney’s beaches last Friday, and who have not been heeding the message to use social distancing. They seem to think “it can’t happen to them”, but it can, and what about the people THEY contact? One thing about restaurants and cafes, though – can buy takeaway, so not an absolute prohibition. Lots of folk are now out of work, though. Major government package to support them is being enacted today. I may follow @cavanya‘s lead and try takeaway to support businesses still open.

Continuing @matpi’s, Day 23, pocket list:
    @matpi
    @dykask (WFD)
    @betsylee FD800

Day 23, Emden Germany, FD

@i-hate-lettuce lovely post yesterday, thanks!

@betsylee 2.6 kg isn’t bad at all, you still have a week to go.

Continuing @matpi’s, Day 23, pocket list:
    @matpi
    @dykask (WFD)
    @penz
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day and stay safe everyone!

Day 23 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Another nice day weather wise, quick call in to add to pocket list.

Take care all

Day 23 – pocket list:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @matpi
    @dykask (WFD)
    @penz
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake56

Day 23 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

It has not been a good weekend food wise so definitely having an FD today. For boosting the immune system I an cooking a beetroot and black bean soup for tonight’s dinner. My job are providing lunch for us that still have to come into the office, it will be soup and a sandwhich, not sure if I can do that every day….and yeah, today will be over 500 cals.

Lovely weather yesterday. DH and I walked around our village, breathing in the fresh Spring air. Hardly anybody out and about but we are a small village. Kudos to the local parents, there are tons of kids in my estate, and we live on a cul de sac with a big green out front, and normally the kids are running about, playing football all, out on their bikes and scooters…….not a child to be seen this weekend ☹️

My sister lives in the Hamptons on Long Island, NY. Shut down was from 8pm last night. She said however, prior to that, the streets of East Hampton were thronged with people, out from the city, as if it was summer.

I heard that outdoor places in Ireland were also thronged. The message has been wrong though…on the one hand go out in family group for fresh air but keep your distance, but then everbody does that and it gets crowded.

I am going to continue with my 6am walk around the village, nobody out but me and the local wildlife and village stray cat (who I always bring treats for 😀) I would say we will have lockdown within next few days. Is my work essential? Don’t know. Will find out soon.

So, it’s good to see that everyone is trying to remain positive in these extremely challenging times. Who knew, at the start of March, how absolute crazy it would become? Keep on keeping on.

Have a good day my virtual friends.

Day 23, London, UK, NFD,

Morning All!!
    The sun is shining, it’s a beautiful day. I’ve a walk around the lake scheduled for lunchtime, unless the park is closed, then it’s a walk around my neighbourhood.

I agree with you @daffodil2010, things have moved on so quickly, even in the last couple of weeks!! This time 4 weeks ago I had just returned from a boozy food fuelled weekend in Spain and coronavirus was something happening elsewhere!! How’s Mr Daffodil doing? My niece had a mega-migraine this weekend for the first time, I think it’s coronavirus stress related. I think it’s time for all of us to practice some relaxation techniques!!

Yesterdays’ CD ended with me falling face first into a bag of cashews. I managed to buy 2 bags on Saturday, meaning I don’t have to ration my stash anymore ……………………. Rooky mistake!!!

I plan to spend today making lots and lots of soup!! My mum received an entire box of veg from 2 well-meaning friends so I collected most of it yesterday and I’ll make 4 different soups & fill her freezer ………………………. And mine too, soup is my staple FD food, low calorie, filling & comforting!!

Onward & downwards folks!!!

Day 23 UK FD

Really want to go for a walk but don’t want to be seen as one of those “selfish people “ might just stay in for a couple of days and dig out my old Jillian Michaels DVD’s – I’ll be thinking of you @flourbaby

Day 23 – pocket list:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @matpi
    @dykask (WFD)
    @penz
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle

Day 23, UK FD.

Another glorious day here in Cheshire. We’re planning to make a start on the garden, new fence needs painting, grass needs cutting etc.

@brightonbelle, the weather is so nice it seems a sin not to go for a walk, especially when you have a beach nearby. Let’s hope all the day trippers from yesterday are back at home and it’s quiet.

@flourbaby, you gave me very good advice re snacks last week😀. Don’t have them in the house as we all know what happens when we do. Good luck with the cooking.

Day 23 – pocket list:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @matpi
    @dykask (WFD)
    @penz
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @saffy420

Day 23 FD. London

A lovely spring day. DH and I both still nursing bad colds, but otherwise ok. We went out for a quiet walk on the back streets yesterday, but I ended up coughing and I felt so conspicuous we came home. Not Coronavirus, very snotty ( sorry) and no fever, but I felt a bit like a leper. I’m staying home today. I’m really enjoying fasting again. Staying mostly dry, eating very little, just using the time to do sewing, reading, bit of YouTube exercising. It’s taking some getting used to but what choice do we have? Thinking of everybody on this forum and wishing you well.

Oops. Meant to add myself to the pocket list

Day 23 – pocket list:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @matpi
    @dykask (WFD)
    @penz
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @saffy420
    @emma-taylor

Day 23 UK FD

Had a reasonable weekend. Probably ate more than I should have but planning fast today and tomorrow. Much harder as confined to the house more or less except the days I go to work. Had messages from family for Mother’s day but not quite the same as seeing them!
    Can someone tell me why the Olympic Games are still on the agenda? Why when we are being discouraged from being closer than 6 feet from someone, this is still being debated? No flights to anywhere anyway!
    Anyway.. stay well and safe everyone.

Day 23 UK FD

Quick post for FD pocket list accountability after yesterday resulted in another 1/2 bar from my ‘itll last me 6 months@ chocolate stash!

My time seems to be more committed than usual which is difficult to get used to after my regular rhytm. Today I’m living around skype calls, online gatherings etc – back later to catch up & fill in.

Last full week of this month’s challenge. Goodness what a lot has changed. Has anyone put their hand up for hosting April challenge?

Dear forum friends, hold fast to that which is good. And whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 23 – pocket list:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @matpi
    @dykask (WFD)
    @penz
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @saffy420
    @emma-taylor
    @mia139
    @michelinme

Day 23 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Day 21 & 22 NFD
    We still have to walk the dog, so are trying to find less busy alternatives. Friday saw us on the Ridgeway, took our sandwich and walked for about 2 ½ hours. Only saw people when we got back to the car park. Have bought a pair of running shoes. I’m aiming to start Couch to 5K to keep my DH occupied. I’ll be his project. As long as we’re allowed out to exercise.
    Mother’s day was strange but managed to talk to my mum via the internet which was great.
    FD today so adding myself to the pocket list.
    I’m happy to give hosting a go in April. Had hoped to be away which was why I hadn’t offered before.
    Day 23 – pocket list:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @matpi
    @dykask (WFD)
    @penz
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @saffy420
    @emma-taylor
    @mia139
    @michelinme
    @suki2

Day 23 North Canton OH WFD 1

This has been a Mad March for the ages hasn’t it? I was so emotionally disturbed last week, I could not fast to save my life. Everything and its mother went in my mouth, and the worse I felt the more I ate. Now more than ever, I am so thankful for this forum, the ability to pull it together and then come here for encouragement, is worth more than gold.

I am working from home now completely. We were given permission to take our monitors home last Friday. I now have a temporary office set up in my dining room. It’s a little bit set apart from the main activity hub in our home and therefore perfect. Having woke up the dragon big time, I expect to struggle a bit getting back into my water fasting routine, but know glad that I have the ability to do it – I just have to dig deep for it.

I also signed up for Beachbody on Demand to keep my workouts going. I was getting bored with my old program and it’s always exciting to start something new. OH, DD and I are also taking lots of walks; DD likes to go for a run in the early hours of the morning, and as her running buddy I have to go too 🙂

While this is not something any of us would have willingly signed up for, I believe it’s an opportunity to stop & take stock, and I am enjoying the ability to spend time with my family. Fewer people out and about is encouraging wildlife; I saw geese on the road yesterday at a usually very busy intersection, but it was so quiet they felt comfortable venturing out.

@i hate lettuce I have to agree, walking is good for the soul, especially when you are surrounded by nature and you take the time to observe. Congratulations on getting that goal under your belt!

@daffol2010 so glad OH is home and you have the support of your family

@betsylee any loss during this chaos is to be celebrated, good on you!

@cavanya you are right, total lock-down in Ohio for the next 2 weeks. When we heard the news he headed to the store to stock up on groceries, we did the best we could considering the empty shelves; toilet paper is being rationed, eggs, canned goods, potatoes and juice shelves were empty.

@matpi there are some changes that will endure after this season is over- increased use of instacart may be one of them. I usually don’t order takeout, but I did so a couple of days last week to support local businesses. I like the idea of virtual lunches to connect; I am thinking of setting that up for my bible study group

@mia139 I think the OIC is still in denial about the magnitude of this pandemic, that’s why. Just like the young people who think they are immune to disease.

Excited to add myself to the pocket list, my head and heart are finally in the game

Day 23 – pocket list:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @matpi
    @dykask (WFD)
    @penz
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @saffy420
    @emma-taylor
    @mia139
    @michelinme
    @suki2
    @basyjames WFD1

Day 23 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Oops? Almost forgot to check in again. Been busy trying to reschedule flights, hotels, airport shuttles etc. Me + thousands of other people, no doubt. Now it looks like the Olympics will be put off until next year too.

Pocket List – Day 23 🍏
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @matpi
    @dykask (WFD)
    @penz
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @saffy420
    @emma-taylor
    @mia139
    @michelinme
    @suki2
    @basyjames WFD1
    @funshipfreddie

Day 23 USA (Illinois) NFD

I did our Silver Sneakers class this morning on Facebook Live. It was good to have DH do some of it with me. He’s not back to 100% yet after his bout with sepsis in January, but getting there.

Feel sorry for you of you who would have celebrated Mother’s Day – bet it was hard on the mums out there too. American MD is in May.

@daffodil2010 – fascinating reading about your sister in The Hamptons. I did not see any of that on the news. Just showed us college students on the Florida beaches who were hardly practicing “social distancing” at all. They were castigated in the news! Nothing said at all about sophisticated New Yorkers doing the same. 🙂

@basyjames – glad you’re able to get a workspace at home that works for you. We retired folk really feel for everyone who either has been laid off or must try to work from home. Hugs to you.

@funshipfreddie – I wondered what they were saying about the Olympics. I did hear Canada had said they would not be going this summer.

Onward and downward.

A quick Hello to you all.
    I hope you are keeping well and free of the “disease”. Things are changing day by day and it’s all quite unsettling.
    No more church in Sundays for me (unless online), difficult shopping because others have stripped the shelves, everybody keeping a six foot/two metre distance as best as possible, schools shut down, also many shops, all restaurants, pubs and other gatherings.
    Posties are to be classed as “key workers”, we have an important task ahead, together with many others who will not be either working at home, or not working at all. People seem more friendly, more chatty (from a suitable distance), more concerned, more grateful.

I am well (as far as I know) you all stay well too….

Best wishes xx

Day 23 second post

Popped back bc not eaten again, so must be an ok FD. Goodness it’s hard to focus atm, my appetite is almost completely gone. Food simply off the agenda this week – plus ca change! Heading for a quick bath & bed – so tired these days.

@suki2 thank you for volunteering to host April 🙂
    @ciren2 lovely to ‘see’ you. May the sun continue to shine on you in your rounds – stay safe x

And so the UK goes into lockdown, along with so many other places. And here we are separated but gathered, connected in all the important ways. Take care of yourselves and your loved ones x

Day 24, NFD, Aus

Well I survived yesterday’s FD. It was a mental struggle but I prevailed.

I took the dogs out for a walk yesterday afternoon and was surprised how many people were out. Far more than normal, and lots of small children with their parents. Maybe a psychological last hurrah in case we’re ordered into lock down?

Way to go @EmmaTaylor “enjoying fasting again”. You’ve had no trouble bouncing back after your holiday. Good for you.

Good to see you Ciren2.

Day 23 – Ireland – FD
    So busy with work… will check in tomorrow…
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 676 total)

You must be logged in to reply.