September 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,604 replies, has 110 voices, and was last updated by  lmrenfrey 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,251 through 1,300 (of 1,605 total)

• Day 23, UK, FD
    Not what I wanted to see on the scales this morning. I know I polished off a 10″ meat pizza for tea yesterday. And of course there was a chunky slice of chocolate cake afterwards. Oh, and I had a sizeable portion of lasagne (left over from the family’s thursday tea) at lunchtime. But 1.7kg gain? I know, I know. Water retention, food in transit, etc. But that is 13,000 kcal of weight gain. And I did not eat THAT much!

On a happier note, I spotted that the Sunday Times wine club was doing a special deal on Prosecco last night, so half a dozen bottles on order πŸ˜‚

@bigvikinghttp://bradpilon.com/weight-loss/how-much-do-i-weigh/

You are the only one that sees wild and weird scale changes!

Day 23 North Wales NFD

“You are the only one that sees wild and weird scale changes!”

Should have been:
    “You aren’t the only one that sees wild and weird scale changes!”

Ugh I hate my limited writing ability!

Day 23 UK NFD

Scales have very kind this week, total for September is down 6lbs which is where I wanted to be. I’m away with work next week from Wednesday so no access to scales until a week Tuesday (visiting family next weekend). I’ll declare September challenge metπŸ˜€πŸΎ. Will still post and try to keep to 5:2 whilst away @liathanail – I’m following your lead on sticking to plan whilst away although I won’t be in Germany, more Nottingham!
    @bigviking – can I come to your house at the beginning of October, sounds like you’re going to have some lovely wines to choose from. I know what you mean with scales, in August I weighed on a Friday morning one week, lost a pound so pleased. Monday morning I’d put on 6, obliterating all my weight loss for the past 4 weeks. Was not a happy bunny, had a row with the scales using very unladylike language. I managed to avoid eating everything in sight and by Friday those 6 lbs had gone along with another 2. I have no idea about how our bodies work but that made me more philosophical about what I see when I weigh. And I’m trying to weigh once a week now.

Have a lovely weekend all. Keep the faith.

Day 23 Chester UK NFD

Scales have been kind this week. I’ve lost 6 lbs so far in September so declaring challenge achieved as away from Tuesday next week with work then away visiting family next weekend so no access to scales. @liathanail I’m following your lead in keeping to 5:2 whilst in hotel room. Although I’m nowhere as exotic as Nuremberg, more Nottingham.πŸ˜€

@bigviking, can I come to your house 🏑 in October, sounds like you’re going to have some lovely wines to try. The scales can be very infuriating and our bodies are weird things. One Monday in August, I’d managed to acquire 6lbs over the weekend. Using very unladylike language I cursed the scales and had a real good sulk. By Friday that week, those 6 plus another 2 had gone. At that point I decided I was going to weigh less frequently and try to be philosophical about the numbers Cruella shows. That last bit is still a work in progressπŸ˜€.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Day 23 Wales NFD

Have a great weekend everyone x

Day 23…..Florida…. FD

I had a great date day with the hubby, although my food choices we far from good. Mexican for lunch, yum, yum and grill salmon, sweet potatoes and coleslaw for dinner. Also had a few fancy high calories coffees and ice cream too.

It’s my Saturday to work, so it will be a FD and with leftovers tonight it will be a solid day. With all things considered, I’m only up a lb this month so far, so I’m happy with that.

Had a lovely day, we stopped by the garden store. I found a indigo red tomatoe plant. It’s half purple have red but so good. A little pricey then I normally pay but sometimes our hobby will do that to you.
    We did find some sad little purple mums, root bound on the clearance rack, so, we picked them up brought them back to our garden to nurse them back to healthy beautiful flowers.
    I love going to this particular garden center because of their clearance rack. About 10 years ago, we bought this decorative palm, he only stood about 2 feet tall in a pot. He was so pathetic looking, droopy, sad and lost its way. We brought him home, nursed him back to health, now he’s nearly 9 foot tall and we had to bring him outside because he was hitting the ceiling. We done that to all our decorative in door plants, nursed them from the brink….

Okay, I’m just a rambling this morning…..

My husband told me to stop acting like a flamingo, so I had to put my foot down!

Day 23, London, UK, NFD

Quick, but late check-in today after an early hairdressers appointment.

I’ll catch-up on posts later.

Happy weekend everyone!

Day 23 Newcastle UK πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ NFD.

Day 23 Newcastle UK πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ NFD.

@dykask thanks for that link, it speaks the truth!

@saffy420 I think I’ve gone from habing a calorie consumption problem to having a wine buying problem… πŸ₯‚πŸ· I hope my wife doesn’t realise how many bottles I’ve got stashed away!! πŸ˜‚

Day 23, London, UK, 2nd post,

Ok, so there weren’t too many posts to catch-up on……….

@bigviking, just saw your post about a bulging wine fridges (I love that you have more than one!!!), there seem to be a few people inviting themselves to yours to β€˜help’ with the wine mountain, I, however, wouldn’t be so bold!!! My solution to alleviate your suffering involves carefully wrapping, packing & posting the excess vino to someone less fortunate than yourself ……………………. Luckily, I know just the lady, somewhere in London!!!! The wife need NEVER know!!!!!

@bert1802, I love your rambling!!!

Day 23 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Certainly indulged out to dinner with friends last evening. Of course, we rounded out the night with a stop at our favorite ice cream shop for my baby turtle sundae. Will have to be very controlled today. With the very summery temperatures in the 90’s, ice cream made perfect sense.

Onward and downward!

Day 23-UK-NFD

Feeling 😊 just did 5k run, I’m not very fast but I’m getting out there. Love running πŸƒ need to remember that when the stress levels high. Have a good day everyone x

Day 23 Akron Ohio first NFD in five days. This is the true test for me, stay within tdee and don’t go crazy. This is where the sweet dreams and abs challenge will come in handy.
    Make today awesome all

Day 23, Guildford UK, CFD

Struggling and losing my hair so very down at the moment.

Below TDEE in last few days although not fasting properly.

I intend to finish the month strongly.

Mari

Day 23, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Maintaining nicely! 😊😊😊
    Really need soup today, 1 degree Celsius in the morning, almost freezing. @songbirdme: I am sending you all this cold weather! I am a summer baby. Please send me your heat!

Have a good weekend everyone!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‚πŸ˜ŠπŸƒπŸ˜Š

Day 23 – USA – NFD

Good FD yesterday, under 500 cals. @daffodil2010, I can relate to your switch in work attire….@Bert1802, you are a true nurturer and I admire that! @flourbaby, lol, you never miss a trick! @rainbowsmile, (((hugs)))

Day 23, Gozo Malta, nfd

Ate out with two of my daughters and their children after going to a reading lesson with them. I choose a salmon salad but ate just three chips from one of their chip plate. I only had coffee with milk and a peach at home.

This evening I’m eating out as well but will avoid pizza to eat to my tdee.

Enjoy Saturday everyone, onwards and downwards.

Day 23 – SW WA USA – NFD

Yesterday both the primary school & the middle school staff had treats to celebrate September birthdays! I did indulge some seeing I’m one of the September people. With having little to no sugar most of the time, the no bake butterscotch peanut butter cookies were so sweet that they kind of hurt my teeth. Still had 2 though; but it could have been worse.

@saffy420 – already 6 lbs banished in September – amazing!

@rainbowsmile – (((hugs)))from afar

@songbirdme & @redrockgirl302 – what temperature differences – one requiring ice cream and they other soup!

Enjoy the weekend everyone! Remember that together we are stronger!

Day 23, Emden Germany, NFD

I’m glad you all started the day yesterday with a giggle!

@annemarilyn I’m Dutch so my first language is Dutch, but after living in Germany the last 31 years my German isn’t too bad either. In the nineties I studied German and English literature, but most of the English vocabulary is hidden somewhere in my brain. But retirement is coming, so then I’ll have enough time to get out my books (still on a bookshelf, waiting to be used again).

The Sweet Dreams & Ab-ers

@basyjames
    @lynned
    @snowflake56
    @keetseel
    @lilymartin

I had a hard day today, wanted to eat something sweet, not allowed. Then I remembered we had a little bit of leftover oxtail soup in the fridge, I wanted a slice of white bread with it, not allowed. I really have to think now before I eat. But the planks are going great, twice a day 1 min high planks,1 min elbow planks. Because of the rib I can’t do side planks and leg raised planks, will try those in October. How are my fellow Pocket group members doing?

Have a nice day/evening everyone!

A week to go of this challenge. I have a sneaking suspicion that October will be the month when I switch to maintenance. Which in my case will mean standard 5:2. Fasting on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Day 23 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    My FD ended up closer to 800 calories but I’ll take it.
    @bert1802 – Love your nurturing story!! 🌴
    @rainbowsmile – A big virtual hug to you from me. (((((Hugs)))))

Day 23 California USA NFD

Can’t seem to get going today. Lots of things I want to do around the house but getting started…😐

Day 24 NZ CD

I really need to not have planned FD in the weekend, it doesn’t work as social life takes over. LOL
    So next week I’ll try b2b. Hope everyone’s weekend is going well.

Day 23, Northumberland UK, NFD

Below TDEE, but feel control slipped a bit. The flow of the day extended my eating window having managed 16:8 or less for most of the week. Pizza for tea then led to frozen yoghurt then a small bar of dark chocolate.
    For those in the UK, I can recommend Waitrose Belgian chocolate frozen yoghurt as an alternative to much higher calorie chocolate ice cream. It doesn’t taste like a lighter alternative.

Second post.

@basyjames
    @lynned
    @snowflake56
    @keetseel
    @lilymartin

Usually Saturdays are my chance to fall into beer and sweets. But every time I felt my resolve weaken I thought can’t let my fellow pocket challengers down ant that kept me off the ledge. I haven’t had a chance to plank today, if I can’t do it today I will do two 1 minute sessions tomorrow. Thank you guys for keeping me strong.

Day 24 – Japan – NFD 81.3kg

Day 24, UK, NFD
    The last 7 days of the challenge. 4 NFDs and 3 FDs. Onwards and downwards!

Day 24, Emden Germany, NFD

@basyjames
    @lynned
    @snowflake56
    @keetseel
    @lilymartin

Try to keep busy today otherwise I’ll be having the same cravings I had yesterday. So weeding is on the plan for today and perhaps scraping off paint from a lovely chest of drawers waiting to get out of the basement for over a year now.

Have a good Day everyone!

Day 24 – UAE – NFD
    Day 23 – UAE – NFD
    Day 22 – UAE – NFD (weigh-in 79.1kg, gained 0.5kg)
    Day 21 – UAE – FD

I don’t know what is going on, I am gaining weight though I am fasting at least 2 days a week! I know this had worked very well for me, I just have to keep doing what I have been doing..

Day 24, NFD

I always seem to miss posting on the weekend.

There’s something wrong with me. A small glass of red – yes fellow boozehounds, you read that right, one small glass – is all I’ve had this weekend!! Somehow the grog dragon has gone on holidays. πŸ™‚

@penz I sense you are in training for a Dry Wino challenge in October πŸ˜‰

Day 23 Sicily NFD Wow, I had some wonderful food today (but I practiced portion control.)
    Day 24 Sicily FD This is a good day to fast as there is a furious storm outside over the Mediterranean. We can’t get out to any of the fantastic restaurants. I pre-entered
    my breakfast and dinner for today. This is my only FD this week but with several CD’s I’ll come out all right for the week ending today. @taraga Hang in there. I was in a plateau for SO long but now my pants literally fall off if I’m not careful. My tips: Shop well for the 5/2, pre-enter your meals (adjustments can be made later) in an App, weigh yourself only once/month.

Day 24, London, UK, CD

Aiming for a controlled day today, which might morph into a FD as I’m a little under the weather.

@taraga, 5:2 in theory should work due to the calorie deficit, or at least you shouldn’t be gaining, could it be water weight, high sodium consumed? Having lost weight, have you re-calculated your TDEE, or are you still eating to the TDEE of your higher weight? I usually eat to my goal weight TDEE on NFDs, just so I’m used to the lower calorie allowance when I finally get to goal. Good luck and stick with it!!!

Good luck everyone, stay strong!

Dry wino’s………….. we’re almost there!!!

Day 24 UK NFD
    But hopefully controlled!

Day 24 Wales NFD

Cold wet day – perfect for getting some indoor household chores done if I can just get off my bum and make a start!

Last week of the challenge and 2 more FDs to weigh in day, as usual I will be fasting on Monday and Thursday.

Well done to all you Dry Winos, nearly October.

Day 24 Newcastle UK πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ NFD
    183lb 1lb above goal 😁 starting to sound a bit repetitive. 9 weeks at and around goal. 🌞Lovely warm breezy morning on my bike ride this morning.🌞
    Loving this wol still don’t feel like I’m on a diet. Have a lovely Sunday everyone whatever your doing.
    Howay the toon ⚽️ going for 4 wins in a row. Hopefully Brighton and Hove Albion will be off form today.

DAY 22/23/24 – UK – NFDs

Just checking in – 3 busy days – but still clinging on by my fingernails!!

Good luck all.

Day24, Guildford UK, CFD

If I keep doing what I have I will keep getting the same results.

So, I stopped intense exercise in case it was adding stress to improve my mood but I feel much worse. So back to exercise.

I think my weight is static or plateau and can sense reduced muscle mass. So exercise is good.

I am down so thank you all for the hugs, @annemarilyn, @awilson and @metatuda. They really help me stay on board.

A lovely thing happened yesterday, my friends grandma (from Bulgaria) wrote some lovely things on my FB page in Cyrillic and I had to translate them. About my new look, so it cheered me considerably.

These small triumphs are vital on this journey. Especially when there is little visible progress to me. My lovely crew I can see how far I have come on my journey and there is more to go.

My last cheer session involved an old pair of jeans which I wore to decorate in (a size 12!). They were J Lo style with the decoration down one leg if anyone remembers them. I bought them, loved them, wore them a couple of times then couldn’t fit into them.

This week I cleared an old undies drawer of shabby chic grey drabs, out, out out. Although in the UK we recycle bras for third world countries so I used an old black Dylon tab to make them respectable for recycling with good results.

Next the sock drawer.

I need new winter boots tooπŸ‘’, mine are so worn out.

Time to get into gear ready to pulsate

Started college to study law πŸ“š and found my old tablet not up to the job, so I bought an ipad from very. The modern learning requires the Internet so I have subscribed to a service with lots of GB and extra memory and an SD card to add storage.

Using up the food in the freezer is great news too as we are down to meat and fish. I can throw away the old energy glugging freezer with the cracked and broken trays and invest in an efficient one. Been replacing light bulbs as they go with more energy efficient ones too. Just seems that’s what my body is doing becoming more energy efficient.πŸ˜­πŸ’©

I tipped out an old ice cream carton of low fat ice cream onto the compost and a week later it still looks the same. Won’t buy that again. Also found a frozen boiled egg??? Why???

Much more cheerful today.

Mari

Day 24 – USA (Illinois) – CD

Staying at maintenance but it’s a constant issue for me. I am very careful with what I eat, and yet I do treat myself to a dessert or some carbs when I wish. I am so glad this is all working for me.

Still incredibly hot here in the midwest for a couple more days. I’m looking forward to cooler fall days!

Onward and downward.

Day 24 Melb AUS FD

Day 24…..Florida…… CD

Not sure what type of eating day it will be, Both the hubby and I have off today and I told him that I did not want to go anywhere. I want to get my guest room uncluttered, and since neither kid will be home, I’m going to ask the hubby very nicely to help get those old but working TV’s out of the closet, so I can take them to the good will. Plus help me move that heavy old bed. But I’m not sure what he plans or wants to do today.

It seems like we’ve only have a couple more days of Sept., left, so I really need to buckle down. It would be nice to see a loss rather than a gain for the month. I’ve read that others are struggling too. Sometimes the smallest changes can have the biggest impacts. What works for me maybe it will help you…. more water! I notice my weight stalls and tends to go upward when I don’t drink enough. Maybe, hopefully, this is the same for you?

My husband told me to stop acting like a flamingo, so I had to put my foot down!

Day 24 – USA – NFD

@bert1802, may I suggest a really inexpensive mattress by a company called ‘Tuft and Needle’ We got ours last year; ours is a California King, which is the largest you can get, and only $750!! If you have your base on the floor, this mattress is all you need. They deliver really fast and you can have it set up in 2 minutes. It’s the most comfy of all the mattresses we’ve gotten so far, and we’ve had quite a few good brand names for the guest room, etc.

Day 24, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Last Wednesday I had my brother help me to get a lot of things I didn’t use for years and clear the large box room we have at ground floor level. Suddenly there were room on the shelves we have at the back for the toilet paper, the charcoal, the carpet cleaner machine. Three folding chairs, a kids scooter and the step ladder found place neatly between the extra freezer we have and a small unit. And the old ammonia printing machine my husband used (he is an architect) is going to be collected from outside our home facade tomorrow by the local council. Also I had my jackets, coats and vests which were also in the box room got transferred to our downstairs bedroom which my eldest daughter vacated when she left to live in Malta with her son end of July. I put some jackets and school blazer of my son in the box room though. Now I can walk in the box room which has become uncluttered and full of space. Today we got the printer outside on our pavement to be collected tomorrow by the local council at around 7,30 in the morning local time.

Today I skipped breakfast as I have done this past ten days and ate with the family a three course meal which I served for lunch. It was a lentils and bacon soup, duck breast with cherry sauce and potatoes, fennel and onions boiled and then backed with cheese topping, and then a bought snickers cake. Everyone loved the food but my son didn’t take the vegetables with the duck.

I’m fasting B2B2B tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday. Then I’ll weigh on Thursday and see how much I lost hopefully.

Have a great Sunday everyone. Keep strong, we can do this.

Day 24 -Ireland – NFD

I did not break my fast yesterday until 14.00 which meant I was 42 hours of liquid only fasting. Later there was steak and wine for dinner. Yoghurt for dessert. Cheese as nibbles after. I was delighted this morning to see that I had maintained.

That means a loss of 5 lbs in total last week πŸ˜„ WOW! This fasting really suits me at
    the moment.
    It’s now a sunny Sunday afternoon. I did not eat until lunch time after a morning in the garden, planting up my spring biennials, sowing seeds, and ordering my tulip and allium bulbs online. I plan now to relax on the patio with a cup of turmeric and cardamom tea…….later there will be some Guinness consumed, and undoubtedly red wine with dinner…….

Then back to a B2B FD tomorrow. September challenge is challenging….but as I gained 8 pounds on hols I can accept being up.

Day 23 – Cumbria UK – NFD
    Day 24 – Cumbria UK – NFD

I did not dare weigh myself this morning after too much socialising involving 3 course meals and much wine consumed (sorry Pocket Winos and “Dry September Winos”!!!) over this past week however I did manage to fit in 2 FD but this will not be enough to undo the damage caused I suspect…….

A great day today doing a yoga workshop in a yurt in the middle of a small forested area with a great session of Nidra Yoga at the end – feeling very mellow……

Unfortunately another meal out again tonight with one of my sister-in-laws who came for an unexpected visit and she is a wine lover too……

Tomorrow will definitely be a FD as I need to firmly press that reset button as I know that my control has slipped somewhat this past week; and I need to have a good last week of this September Challenge if I’m to keep below my maintenance weight at the end of this month……..

Sorry for being completely out of touch about what has been happening to everyone – hope all are OK – will try to catch up tomorrow and Tuesday when I have a bit more time…….

“Setbacks are just Setups for Comebacks”

Day 24 Lancaster, PA NFD
    Day 23 NFD

@coda sending you good healthy energy and wishing you well. I thought you might be able to relate. When I was off my leg, like I know you have been off your foot, this wonderful trained pup, would have been awesome!

https://youtu.be/IWEcSDmqNaE

@taraga don’t fret it. That small amount of weight can be water, shoes, clothes, time of day. Also you could be losing, you just might need to weigh less often and after your fast day every time, or after a NFD every time at the same time of day, with the same clothing, including shoes (on or off)😊

This weekend has been busy and fun. I plan to catch up on reading posts on Monday. I will Be fasting Monday!😊
    I Hope Everybody’s weekend is going well✨🎢✨

BigViking, no way! Unless you can resist the temptation of your newly stocked wine fridge(s) and join me!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,251 through 1,300 (of 1,605 total)

You must be logged in to reply.