September 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,604 replies, has 110 voices, and was last updated by  lmrenfrey 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,201 through 1,250 (of 1,605 total)

• Sorry … just looking for humor while fasting …

Day 22 Melb AUS, NFD

2nd post, please forget my first post

@dykask thanks, I’m happy I made you smile! I had troubles writing, the cat took a nap in front of my laptop.

Day 22, Emden Germany, FD

****DAY 22 – POCKET LIST****, please add your name if you want to join us.

@snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @jessyoursize
    @louis05
    @mari84
    @maayyaa
    @dykask

The Sweet Dreams & Ab-ers
    @basyjames
    @lynned
    @snowflake56
    @keetseel
    @lilymartin

Have a good day everyone!

Day 22, UK, NFD

Looking forward to a fun weekend spectating the Championship Triathlon on Jersey. Come on Johnny Brownlee

MoliJ North Wales NFD

Very successful fast day yesterday. Well and truely into this WOL now.

We are stronger πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ together.
    Onwards and Downwards

Day 22, UK, FD

Back home and weighing in at the same as Monday morning. 80.9kg / BMI of 23.13. Must admit I am slightly disppointed, as with 2 FDs, I’d hoped to have lost another pound. Still 1.4kg to find in the next 9 days to hit my monthly target.

Onwards and downwards!

Day 22 – Ireland – FD

@snowflake56 πŸ˜†Being “assed” to today’s list gave me such a giggle this wet Friday morning. Many thanks ☺️

Well, I fasted on liquids only for 24 hours yesterday, but by the time I came home from work I had, what we say in Ireland, a “want” on me. It was a glorious Autumn Equinox evening, sitting outside was possible, so with a little discussion with DH I decided to go on a NFD and enjoy small helping of bruschetta, spaghetti carbonara with some red wine, and enjoy the evening. As I had worked out up to 1800 calories in work I figured I might get away with it.

And I did! Still maintaining for 3 days now in happy 10 stone land. It will DEFINITELY be a liquid only FD today….it’s Friday but wet and blurgh, DH works until 10 so no distraction, early to bed and look forward to the weekend.

@annemarilyn…your toddler sounds to be keeping you busy πŸ˜„
    @debster251….enjoy your trip to Annecy, we drove through it once on the motorbike and it looks fab.
    @laurealice…..lotto win was a local pub one, so won’t be buying that yacht yet, but still fun to win πŸ€—
    Happy Friday fasting all

Norway, Day 22, FD

So my third FD for the week in my very first 4:3-week. It feels fine, I like the fast days more and more. But I actually have an issue about that. I know that there is no danger in fasting or anything, because I do have a BMI of 29 at the moment and I really need to lose a lot before I am even in a healthy range. But the feeling of liking the control over myself by fasting reminds me of when I was 14 years old and having an eating disorder. I went without food as much as possible and loved the feeling of being hungry because I felt like I got thinner by it (which I also did). Whenever I had to eat (to hide the fact that I had the disorder), I usually threw it up again. So that was life for a couple of years when I was 13 to 15 years old. It got quite bad, my lowest was a BMI of 13, but then I got out of it at 15-16 years old. I still struggled with my body image for several years, but now I am also free of that, and have been for many years. So theres no real worry there. But the feeling I get on FDs remind me a bit of the feeling I had back then, and it feels odd. I am not worried I will fall back to the unhealthy part of it. But my question to all of you fast-friends, are there anyone else out there who have struggled with an eating diorder in the past? How do you fell about fasting and so on now?

Hope you have a good Friday!

Day 22 Newcastle UK πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ NFD.

Day 22, London, UK, NFD

Feeling righteous having completed my usual B2B2B, this time without a sneaky treat here and there. It really fed my dragon when Dr. M said we could go to 800 cals on a FD!!! For me that’s a No-No.

I so wish I was fasting today, just so I could be assed……………. to the list that is!!! Great chuckle to start the day!!

Good luck everyone and stay strong!!!

Day 22 FD

@dykask

28 mins is a good effort. My times are coming down too and in spite of slightly arthritic knees. I used to do fell runs and 6.5 min miles many moons ago. But I’m doing the asics 5k Pace Challenge on Runkeeper and will share my final 5K time with you at the end of Sept. I’m also doing it with my eldest son who needs to become more active/fit. I’m aiming to get him through a 10k in November and a half marathon next April. Let’s hope the knees hold out πŸ™‚

I recently sold a pair of car roof bars on ebay. As I dropped them off at the parcel depot the guy I handed them too commented on how heavy they are. I smiled at him as they are only 7kg, and I’ve lost 15kg on 5:2 since starting last year. Imagine running with two sets of roof bars strapped to you. No wonder my times were getting worse!

Lets roll back those years.
    Getting fit when you’re lighter is soooo much easier.

Day 22 Wales NFD

Feel like I might just be maintaining loss to date this month rather than working towards target. I’m doing good FDs and eating healthy food on NFDs, but maybe enjoying nuts, cheese and Greek yogurt a little too much – it’s just such a pleasure to eat those foods after years of low fat dieting. I’ll see what the scales say at the end of the month and ramp it up if needed in October.

Hope everyone has a good Friday.

@mari84

I’ve never had an eating disorder. But I guess many of us here have struggled with food/weight issues to different extents.

I have often thought that this diet is all about being in control, but success lies in focusing on becoming and being healthy. There are so many health benefits from fasting. If you haven’t already, have a look at Jason Fung on Youtube and read his blog.

Also, don’t focus too much on BMI. It’s not the best way of assessing your status or progress. There’s information on this website about a waist/height ratio calculation being better.

Also a good set of weighing scales will help monitor body fat and muscle %. I find this helpful as when I exercise I don’t tend to lose any weight in the short term, just put on muscle and hold more water in my body; the body fat % then becomes a better guide for me.

Finally. carry on using this forum. All these people are really nice and helpful. Supporting us in our bad times and cheering when we do well.

All the best.

Day 22, South Wales, NFD/16:8

A nice sunny day here for a change! Looking forward to a controlled weekend. Good luck all!

Day 22, Belfast, NFD

@steve toon taxi driver – lol!! Very good! But yeah, you are blessed with such a lovely clan! Me too – step-kids and grandkids as well as plenty of nephews and nieces… the family’s expanding and growing in such a nice way. It’s all good.

Had a good FD yesterday. Will TRY to attempt a mindful weekend but out for an early anniversary dinner tomorrow night. I’ve a job interview looming a couple of days after our actual anniversary, so we thought we’d get a wee celebration in before the nerves and anxiety properly kick in.

I’m not getting much time to read all the posts but just want to put a big thank you out to everyone. It’s a very supportive group and it’s keeping me on the right track. I might not be eradicating a great many lbs but there’s definitely a positive mental clarity gained after FDs. It just feels good.

Good luck everyone today.

@johnnyr

Yeah, I know BMI is not the best for everyone, it is not a good measurement for me! I am naturally quite muscular and “heavy”, I am tall with broad shoulders and hips, and a real viking-body. So when I am in the upper limit of a healthy BMI I am quite slim. But even though my waist-to-height ratio is 0.46, I think a BMI of 29 is too much and I do need to lose around 10-12 kg to be in the healthy range and be comfortable with myself.

I did a complete body mass analysis at the gym a couple of years back and it was fun to see the % of diffent types of tissue. It actually showed that my skelleton is very heavy, way above normal. But that only accounts for 1-2 kg ekstra I think, so I can’t really blame “heavy bones”, haha πŸ™‚ But I hope to do another measurement when I am closing up to my goal to see how the percentages are looking, just to have an idea. I don’t know if I will buy a scale to have at home that does the same thing…I think it will be too much.

Day 22 Belfast FD
    Second of a B2B
    @steve Toon Taxi Driver. Well done to your son. He’s probably seen your good example and realises what is achievable.
    Thank you @tenoro for that beautiful quote. I love the writing in the Prophet.
    @daffodil2010 – I was listening to the radio yeaterday morning and heard that someone on an Irish island had won the lotto but hadn’t claimed the prize yet. As there were only 180 or so people on the island there was a lot of speculation. You don’t by any chance live on Aran, Achill or ….?
    @annemarilyn – when our cars become 4 years old they have to go through a test to see if they’re roadworthy. So after watching the programmes, I’m thinking I need a personal one now to re-evaluate my progress, exercise routine etc. They recommended doing strength training to minimise muscle degeneration – I do have a problem with my hips and I know that I should exercise them more. So I’m not really as road worthy as I should be!
    Here’s the link of anyone’s interested. You can test your body age compared to your actual age.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b095gd8f
    @belfastsink – do you use your art now? I agree we all need creativity in our lives. I studied art as my main subject when I studied to be a teacher. I now have time to be more creative in retirement. I’ve signed up to a mixed media course in October ‘Creative textures’. Looking forward to it.
    @jessyoursize – eggs are a good versatile ‘value’ source of protein for FDs.
    @johnnyr/Mari84 – just to dive in to the BMI debate, my BMI is 24.5, but my waist/height ratio is 51.5% and I know, in fact I can see that most of my body is now lean apart from that dreaded spare tyre. So I agree, BMI is not a really accurate measure.
    Dykask – I think you are doing yourself down as far as your times are concerned. You’re obviously very fit. When I was around 30 I did a couple of triathlons, in fact I won an award for the fastest in my age group. I probably would have been happy with 28mins for 5k even then. I was always a sprinter and hurdler, not a distance runner. I would have liked to do one more before I get too old, but the wear in my hip joints now would make it silly to train. Well done to you both JohnnyR and Dykask for your quest for fitness. You’re right JohnnyR, let’s roll back those years!

Feeling good and strong today. I had a great session in the pool this morning and feeling very motivated.

Have a great day everyone.

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

@johnnyr – I actually don’t run often anymore, maybe a couple times a month for runs over 5k a few more times for shorter harder runs. I’m doing more HIIT workouts these days. I also weight a lot less than when my time was in the 33 minute range. Even though I’m not running much the fasting and HIIT seem to be preserving my conditioning. I was surprised by the time though because I wasn’t really pushing it since today I am fasting. However I have multiple times seen that my normal fasted runs are as fast as my fast non-fasted runs when I am really pushing. I think it might be that it is a little easier to get the fat flowing in the blood so while I’m not really pushing the pace is consistent.

@mari84 – I’m concerned about my BMI, it is typically around 26. A lot better than when it was about 36, but still higher. My body fat is in the 17% to 19% range although I’m seeing signs it is dropping. I carry a good amount of muscle, partly from a farm boy upbringing but now mainly from a things like running, stairs, pull-ups, push-ups and dips. Still it might not be so healthy to carry so much weight. Still I’m building muscle to help with getting rid of the fat.

I hope everyone puts in a great effort!!!
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @jessyoursize
    @louis05
    @mari84
    @maayyaa
    @dykask
    @basyjames
    @lynned
    @snowflake56
    @keetseel
    @lilymartin

Day 22 – France – NFD

The scales have got it in for me this week.

@debster, just checked out your link (will do the test later). Was so funny to see Angela Rippon all these years later. I’ve only just found out that Tiny Tim and Val Doonican died. Now, that makes me feel old!!!

Happy Poet’s Day to all

Day 22……Florida….NFD

This week, I’ve had enough NFD’s to kill a horse. I left work early yesterday, because I felt terrible. I have no idea why, normally, I don’t suffer from allergies but I’m thinking with all the trees and vegetation that was uproot and disturbed last week, the pollen count must be high.
    I even broke down and took allergy medicine, something, I never do.

I have today off, so it’s date day with the hubby! He’s off right now, getting my new tires put on my truck then he’s off to morning mass. In the meantime, I’m pulling sheets off our beds, and watering the garden. The other morning when we were making the bed, OH saw a bump in our mattress, so he wants to flip it to see if it will work its self out or we may have to invest in a new one….Ugg!

@jesseoursize…… even though your not in my time zone, you can still email me. The way I look at it, as long as your getting the need support, we can make it work!

@laurealice…… oh a trip to France sounds wonderful….. but before we set out to clean, youd definitely need to be a tour guide first……

@steve toon….. I got quite the laugh about being happily married 3 years. It took me to a time when my husband used to say it will be a miracle if we can raise teenagers and still stay married. OH had a rough time watching them turn into young men. Sometimes, I still see he longs for them to be little, so they could crawl up on his lap.
    When they were babies, his favorite thing to do was lay on the couch a baby on his chest the other one curled up in the arms, all fast asleep…….

Okay, well I’m off….. must get my morning chores done, so we can run the streets!

My husband told me to stop acting like a flamingo, so I had to put my foot down!

Day 21, Northumberland UK, NFD
    Day 22, NFD

Yesterday was odd, just hungry all day. As a result went well over TDEE but managed just about to close the window at 8 hours. Didn’t break my fast till 12:30 today, so another 16:8 or less should be do-able. But am hungry again, so TDEE may be a challenge again. Maybe a FD tomorrow.

@pdoran I am another who has become obsessed with daily weighing, but I can’t map the fluctuations to doing anything different so I have mostly learned to just use it as one of several indicators.

Day 22 Sicily CD I ate very lightly for breakfast and lunch, and had a swim in the Mediterranean in between. We’re going out to dinner tonight with Sicilian relatives. This means eating later at night than I prefer. No getting around this cultural difference. Since it’s a CD for me, I’ll have to control the bread, wine, pasta, and dessert this evening. I’ll focus on seafood or lean meat and vegetables. I can have one of the “fab four” but not all of them!

Day 22, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Cold! 5 degrees Celsius this morning. DH is a polar bear but even he thinks we have to put the heat on. I think my tomatoes are done. So sad! Snow fell half down the mountain. Today it feels like November and not Fall Equinox!

Have a good Friday everyone! β„πŸŒ¨πŸŒ¬

Day 22 – USA (IL) – NFD

Keeping at 160# maintenance. Interesting discussion of BMI. I wanted to get right at the high of “normal” at 25, and I feel good now that I am there. At 69 years old, it is enough to puff out some wrinkles!

@bert1802 – sorry you’re experiencing allergy issues. That’s no fun at all.

Today is Silver Sneakers exercise, annual mammogram, some piano lessons, and then supper with friends. Our favorite Italian restaurant, so will try not to overeat!

Onward and downward.

Day 22 Akron Ohio FD. Happy to “ass” my name to the pocket fasters, thanks for giving us that @snowflake56.

@mari84 I’ve never had to deal with an eating disorder but have always obsessed about my weight, what I was eating etc. I actually felt relief when I stumbled across 5:2 because for the first time in my life I felt free and in control. I also like the way I feel on FD, being able to exercise control over my cravings but knowing it’s only for a short while until I can indulge. I also like the way I feel on FD, lighter, more energetic, clearer thinking, and as my body got used to it better sleep. However I can sympathize with the weird feeling you get while fasting and I applaud you for your resolve never to “go back”.
    @johnnyr agree that getting fit is easier as you get lighter, which is obvious but ironic at the same time πŸ™‚
    @dyksk you drew a laugh out of me with the phrase – fast non-fasted runs; say that quickly 10 times ha ha ha!
    so jealous @mogaman Mediterranean living just sounds so blissful, it’s on my bucket list for sure.
    8 days to go until the end of the month, give it your best shot and “ass” your self to the list of Pocket fasters, together we are stronger

DAY 22 – POCKET LIST****,

@snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @jessyoursize
    @louis05
    @mari84
    @maayyaa
    @dykask
    @basyjames

@basyjames
    @lynned
    @snowflake56
    @keetseel
    @lilymartin

Have a good day everyone!

Day 22β€”ABQβ€”CD

Well, blew yesterday’s FD when I fell head-first into a bag of tortilla chips *but*, @basyjames, despite a strong call from the cookie cupboard, stuck to the Sweet Dreams & Abs plan: no refined sugar or refined carbs and a 1 min plank. The plank was hard but it felt good afterwards. And kept under TDEE.

@dykaskβ€”Gaining muscle mass? Body fat of 17% to 19% is quite low…nearing elite athlete measures, I think.

@mari84β€”Wow; thanks for your honesty. I had some eating problems in high school (ages 14-17); maybe not as severe as yours, but I remember taking something to make me throw up once. I was always too nervous to eat breakfast and lunch was nothing, or a small bag of chips and a diet Coke, or maybe (later on) a frozen yogurt off-campus. In retrospect, it was sort of like a fast but not mindful or healthy at all. In my family, it was shameful to not be thin; and then there were movie actresses, and television and fashion magazines, and the way women (especially in my family) were judged primarily on their looks. I would be surprised if anyone could grow up in western society not being affected by those unfair standards. Consequently, I don’t think I’ll ever feel great about my body, which is not to say I’m not pretty happy now with how 6:1 has worked…there’s just always a nagging feeling when someone says they weigh x, or have a BMI of x, that I should try to be as good.

Debster251β€”The art class sounds wonderful. What is the medium? Speaking of staying young, I read the other day that learning new skills and techniques is a great way to develop your neural networks and protect from dementia. And it’s fun.

Bert1802β€”I bet there’s mold growing around there, too. Yikes!

@basyjames
    @lynned
    @snowflake56
    @keetseel
    @lilymartin

Day 22 – Reykjavik – NFD

I weighed this morning after 3 weeks and was exactly the same weight as a week ago (95.2 kg) and therefore -2.0 kg in Sept.
    I think the number a week ago was suspiciously low and I’ve been settling more towards my current weight this past week. Next breakthrough is to go under 95 kg. It seems to be a psychological barrier for me to break 95. In some previous diet efforts I’ve at best managed to touch briefly under 95 at the very end of the diet before quickly adding to my weight again. Now I’m at a different place mentally and I’m absolutely sure I will reach this in the next few days – and then some more.
    A party tonight – I will try not to go overboard πŸ™‚

Stay beautiful!

Oh how I hate this Dry Wino lark!

Had another dozen bottles of wine delivered today. And somehow managed to order another dozen, which then morphed into 15. Plus the wine club added 2 free bottles and a couple of free glasses to the order. So I have ended up ordering 53 bottles of wine and not touched a drop during September. And my wine fridges were far from empty at the end of August.

Come on October!

Day 22 UK FD 2nd of B2B

Managed to fast today and yesterday from dinner one night to dinner the next. Was working to quite easy as very busy. Plan NFD over the weekend and try to fit in another 2 FD next week before the end of the month. Target hopefully will be achieved!
    Good luck all fasters today!

Day 22 – McMinnville Oregon USA – FD
    Yesterdays FD wasn’t exactly strong but well under TDEE therefore I will do another FD today. I’ve been trying to reduce the amount of red meat that I eat so I made a meatloaf with red lentils instead of ground beef, followed the rest of the recipe as usual and it turned out so good that I ate 3 servings. πŸ™ Well at least now I have a new healthy comfort food.

It’s a beautiful fall day today so I hope to spend some time out in the garden putting things in order for winter. I raided my sisters garden and have a bunch of butternut squash that I’m going to chop up, microwave and then freeze. It will be transformed into butternut squash soup this winter.

@jessyoursize – Good job with the 2 lbs.
    @mogaman – Wow swimming in the Mediterranean sounds wonderful, πŸŠβ€β™€οΈhelp you burn a few calories in anticipation of all that fabulous Sicilian food.
    @redrockgirl302 – Our low temp last night was 36f fortunately the days have been warm and beautiful. I like to get my exercise outside and I dread the day I need to go to the gym.
    @bigviking – What an abundance of wine you have. Cheers (In October of course)

I’m not sure I want my ass added to the Pocket List πŸ˜€
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @jessyoursize
    @louis05
    @mari84
    @maayyaa
    @dykask
    @basyjames
    @metatauta
    @awilson

Day 22 – McMinnville Oregon USA – FD
    Yesterdays FD wasn’t exactly strong but well under TDEE therefore I will do another FD today. I’ve been trying to reduce the amount of red meat that I eat so I made a meatloaf with red lentils instead of ground beef, followed the rest of the recipe as usual and it turned out so good that I ate 3 servings. πŸ™ Well at least now I have a new healthy comfort food.

It’s a beautiful fall day today so I hope to spend some time out in the garden putting things in order for winter. I raided my sisters garden and have a bunch of butternut squash that I’m going to chop up, microwave and then freeze. It will be transformed into butternut squash soup this winter.

@jessyoursize – Good job with the 2 lbs.

@mogaman – Wow swimming in the Mediterranean sounds wonderful, πŸŠβ€β™€οΈhelp you burn a few calories in anticipation of all that fabulous Sicilian food.

@redrockgirl302 – Our low temp last night was 36f fortunately the days have been warm and beautiful. I like to get my exercise outside and I dread the day I need to go to the gym.

@bigviking – What an abundance of wine you have. Cheers (In October of course)

Not sure I want my ass on the Pocket List πŸ˜€
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @jessyoursize
    @louis05
    @mari84
    @maayyaa
    @dykask
    @basyjames
    @metatauta
    @awilson

Day 22 NZ NFD
    Day 23 NZ FD

Ok, some of you may remember I mentioned a chocolate cake which jumped into my shopping basket last weekend, for my wife’s birthday. I thought I was safe from it, only to discover this evening that there was quite a lot of it left. Not quite so much now. But it was delicious. Hmmm, I suppose there’s zero chance of me losing any weight today πŸ˜”

Day 22, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Ate within my tdee today.

Good night everyone, have a great weekend.

Day 22 – SW WA USA – NFD

Oh, my – what wonderful chuckles as I’ve been reading the posts. Love the visuals of @johnnyr running with 2 sets of roof bars and @keetseel going headfirst into a bag of tortilla chips…

And then another lovely visual with @mogaman catching a swim in the Mediterranean between breakfast & lunch. I’ve just been refreshed on my lunch hour.

@snowflake56 – what is your 1st language? Until you mentioned that you weren’t sure how to say something in English, I thought English was your 1st language.

@bigviking – sounds like you’ve got enough wine to invite us all over for a celebration

Okay, back to work. Remember that together we are stronger!

Day 22 California USA NFD

Lost just .2 kg on yesterday’s FD, but at least it’s something. My goal for the month is 59.9 and I’m at 60.7 this morning, so less than a kg to go next week.

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 23/NFD/Melbourne Australia 🐒

Yesterday’s planned CD morphed into πŸ·πŸ·πŸ·πŸ·πŸ§€πŸ§€πŸžπŸž! Still maintaining under 59kg. September’s goal of approaching my happy weight of 56kg seems a long way away.

I’m unable to update the spreadsheet on my ancient iPad. Entries I have made have disappeared. Any hints?

Enjoying a spell of warmer weather. Lots of gardening, gentle strolling and al fresco coffee sessions. Love going out with friends who enjoy good coffee without the hint of cake.

Spending the day with grandchildren so definitely not a FD I need sustained energy! Especially since my OH needs to take it easy.

Have a lovely and relaxed weekend everyone.

Day 21 – Cumbria UK – NFD
    Day 22 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Sorry for not posting yesterday but busy day and then out for dinner with too much good food and wine but great company – also saw the film Wind River – well worth seeing if you have not already

Out again tonight but ate more mindfully than last night so will be interested to see what my weight is in the morning……..

Busy weekend ahead with volunteering running a cafe in the local parish centre for a craft fair that is on tomorrow and all day Yoga Workshop on Sunday

Will try to catch up with the posts over the weekend – Life is good!

You Western USA folk are sending all your temp degrees here! We’re breaking records in the 90’s, and that is due to continue for several more days!! Running the A.C. at this time of year is highly unusual. August was cool, now September is hot!

Day 23 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 80.6kg

It was a good fast, a little over 37 hours.

After my longer run yesterday I was down to 80.5kg, so I gained weight while fasting! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ (It would probably pass for proof on YouTube that you can get all you need from just breathing. Which is horribly yucky if you think about it.)

@debster251 I didn’t see you post until this morning. Thank you for you kind words. I agree that running is pretty hard on joints and I don’t think you should do much of it while fighting joint problems. I have to tape up my left foot for running because of a tendon issue, but it is getting better. You might look at something like swimming as it is easy on the joints and if you swim hard it is really a scary hard workout. I personally think a hard swim is much harder than weight lifting. However there are tons of other things too. The nice thing about weight lifting though is you can work around injured areas. I like body weight calisthenics a lot but they tend to use a lot of joints and muscles working together.

@keetseel for a man, an elite athlete often have less than 12% body fat. For men you typically have to get body fat down to the 15% level to start showing abs. So I have a long ways to go. Women have an unfair advantage on the low end when it comes to body fat! However men have unfair advantage when it comes to building muscle, so I guess it evens out.

About my 5k time. I told my 13 year daughter about it and she said, “I can easily beat you, I want to go run a 5k with you!” Her best time is more than 4 minutes faster than mine. At 57 I can’t even run the times I thought were insanely slow when I was 17.

I agree with @johnnyr we have to fight to roll back the years.

@basyjames – πŸ™‚ I’m glad you enjoyed my description.

Day 22 Canada NFD
    Away for a long weekend so no FD till next week. Will check in then. @at I agree life is good!

day 22–ma, usa–fd
    had a pretty good fast day. probably exceeded 500 calories by a little bit, but I’m definitely under 800 for the day. went to a boxing class, which was a lot of fun. nfd tomorrow and sunday. wishing everyone a nice weekend!

Day 22 Vancouver Island
    NFD
    Happy weekend!

Day 22 NFD St. Louis USA

All my best to all of you

Day 23 Melb AUS, NFD

Beautiful day today so will mow the lawn for exercise πŸ™‚

Day 23 – Ireland – NFD
    September Goal weight – 147 lbs
    Current weight – 151.5 lbs

Still a lot to achieve Sept goal.
    Great liquid only FD yesterday, max 50 calories consumed consisting of a couple of oxo cube hot drinks, and a hot milk, nutmeg, ginger and turmeric drink at bedtime.
    Off work today so I think I will hold off breaking my fast for as long as possible.

I plan now to go for a quick walk to buy the paper, then I have to go shopping for new work boots as mine have sprung a leak πŸ˜– (3 years ago my work wear consisted of sharp suits and killer heels as I was in big business corporate land – I took a midlife career change to horticulture and now I have to wear steel toe capped boots for work πŸ˜†).
    A very much needed food shop is also required. Can I do all this while fasting on liquid only? Of course I can ☺️

Later there will be steaks and wine….it’s the weekend after all. We can do this πŸ‘

Day 23 UK NFD

Well after a couple of weeks on the plateau and no fewer than 4 fast days this week, I’m on my way… hopefully en route to meet the September target! 0.6 Kg to go ! Still quite a lot to lose as there are a few social events this week! Will try to have a mindful weekend.
    Onwards and downwards! Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 23
    My objective was to get below 11 stone this month, and for the last two mornings they have read just that, albeit half a pound under. But I’m happy with that.
    Now my goal is to stay there!
    @songbirdme – if it weren’t for the belly fat, I’d be delighted at 62 with my current weight.
    @keetseel, the course is very diverse – a choice of oils, water could lour, inks, wax resist, batik, felting clay and stitching. I can’t wait!
    @bigviking – When’s the party?
    @dykask – thank you for your advice. Swimming is a weekly routine for me – I swim about 3 miles each week now I have the time and I incorporate kick sets to strengthen the hip joints. I’ve been out on the bike a few times this year, too. Now I’ve found greater fitness I would have liked to have tried the full thing one last time. However it’s not to be. I agree, doing weights is a way to go. I’m thinking of joining a gym. We’ll see.
    This forum is such a positive place to be. Yes, @at life is exceedingly good!

Working hard at keeping old age at bay or rolling back the years, depending on where you are!
    Good luck everyone! Happy weekend.

Day 23 – Woking, UK – NFD
    Day 22 – Nuremberg/Woking – NFD
    Okay travelling day yesterday. Weighed myself this morning for the first time since Monday and I’m within 0.1lb so I definitely seem to have this not putting weight whilst travelling for work knocked. Interestingly my body fat was down 2.5% since Monday which is usually a pretty reliable indicator that I’m carrying water weight.
    Will see what I weigh on Monday after I’ve had the weekend to rebalance the water.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,201 through 1,250 (of 1,605 total)

You must be logged in to reply.