September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,071 replies, has 74 voices, and was last updated by  FasterJo 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 801 through 850 (of 1,074 total)

• Day 22, Emden Germany, LFD of FD

@annemarilyn well done, could you tell me, what you drink on your LFDs?

@rainbowsmile that sounds weird, please take care!

I feel fine so I’m trying to do another LFD, if i’m getting too hungry I will eat a bit though. @dingping let’s do it!

Pocket list day 21, feel free to join us!

@snowflake56 6th and last of B2B2B2B2B2B

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 22 – Spain 🇪🇸- NFD

It’s the weekend of the Moto GP in Aragon. We were up early yesterday, into the motorcycle gear, and too the 120km route from the Costa Dorada to the town of Alcañiz where the race track is located.

Amazing Spanish countryside en route. From leaving the coast we climbed through verdant mountains up to 1000 metres where a high rolling plain stretched as far as we could see. The mighty river Ebro flows through and all around are olives groves settled in dust, vineyards bursting with grapes ready for harvesting, almond trees with nuts you could pick from the side of the road…….little hilltop villages, and in the larger towns en route, the co-op bodega where lines of old style tractors pulling trailers groaning with grapes were lining up to dispose of the years harvest.

This is rural Spain at its most attractive I think.

We will be there at the racetrack today and tomorrow is the big one. So it’s a Gran Prix weekend for us but hot at 36.5c. Lots of factor 50, a hat, water. Looking forward to it.

Family holiday is going well, we had a great day on Thursday at Ferrari Land then back to our favourite beach restaurant for an early dinner (with the two year old that works out best, though the Spanish don’t seem to mind a young child in their midst at dinner …it’s the Northern Europeans who are a bit sniffy 🤨)

I have read all posts but no time to reply but I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Day 22 UK FD

Somehow yesterday three slices of cake got eaten! Got carried away with cups of tea and nattering.

Focussed now on my FD.

You’re well fired up @snowflake56 ending the week on a high! Thanks for firing me up, following in your footsteps…
    Have you de cluttered the bookcases? That must be some library you have there!
    Good luck to those needing it and I hope everybody gets some R&R this w’end.
    Ta x

2nd Post

@merryapple – you’re right we did! I struggle finding a rhythm to this way of life which I put down to my life being a bit chaotic but you show that it can be done! Your bohemian lifestyle sounds wonderful and I can imagine you looking fab and sophisticated in your new wardrobe. Hope you enjoy London.
    Ta x

Day 22– Colorado USA — FD

Back from family trip to Indiana. Fantastic time visiting with family we rarely get to see. Wonderful people!! I feel so blessed to have them in my life.

And the FOOD….Mmmmmm! Non-stop. Delish! Oh, the sugar and carbs! No actual FD was adhered to, but I would randomly skip meals. Mostly bowed out of lunches.

Also, managed to keep up with my exercises. Brother-in-law has some free weights in the basement, which I’d push around for my “100 Moves” routine. (My goal is to perform 100 weight-training moves each day. Alternating days between Push & Pull movements.)

Then I’d lace up my running shoes & head outdoors. Usually one of my nieces would join me & we’d have terrific chats. Nice bonding time!

Upon returning home …. No weight gain. Not an ounce! After all that indulgence! Amazing.
    So today is a much-anticipated FD. My belly is begging for a break.

Then tomorrow is NFD…. because I plan on spending the day celebrating my Birthday!!! YAY!

USA Day 22 FD

Hi, all! Just checking in! Today is a water FD! I determined to whittle my waistline down and get off the roller coaster! Have a great day today!

Day 22, Gozo, Malta, cd

Weight this morning 67.3 kilos.

I had one coffee with milk and 1 tsp honey this morning. For lunch I had three peaches and half of fried Florentine steak which my son didn’t want plus one and a half shot of Irish cream liquor. I felt full and satisfied.

This afternoon I’m with my OH in the countryside enjoying nature and my OH has collected a box of fresh prickly pears. I brought with me a thermos with two plastic cups and filled it with coffee, milk and honey. We have enough for two cups each. I also brought with us two nutty cereal bars as snacks at 200 calories each.

This evening after we go to mass we collect a takeaway for us, our son, my pregnant daughter and her husband.

Have a great weekend everyone, onwards and downwards.

Day 22 NC USA NFD

Had a good FD but only down .2 of a pound. 🙁 I know I know don’t focus on the scale. So I just took a waist measurement and it looks like I am down about 1 inch! 🙂 My pants do feel a bit loser.

Loving my new Apple Watch 4. Still need to test out the auto workout detection. Maybe I will try it out on my mini Elliptical later today.

Day 22, Emden Germany, LFD

hi @dingping I also struggle to get in the rhythm again, way too many fasts done this month, could have been less. We have appr. 5000 books in the house. The bookcases I’m decluttering are upstairs, the books have to go on the ground floor. I don’t want to keeep them all so have to go through all of them. I have most of them listed on LibraryThing and have to remove the ones that have to leave. Only half of them done yesterday, today housework was on the plan. Plan to go on Monday. I hopeyour FD goes as well as mine.

@happymargo you did really well while being away, hat off for that!

@anna6 you’re so great at planning everything you eat, we’re trying but often don’t succeed. You’re planning a nice afternoon, enjoy it.

@beththenew I do the same, don’t trust the scales, just measure, you’re doing well.

Pocket list day 22, feel free to join us!

@snowflake56 6th and last of B2B2B2B2B2B
    @dingping
    @happymargo
    @ccco

Bye for now!

Day 22 USA – NFD

Did okay yesterday, despite finishing off the container of ice cream last night that was screaming for me to eat.

Off shortly to Bible Study at a nice coffee shop. Just might get one of their delicious scones… can’t hurt me too much.

Onward and downward.

Day 22 (Already!) UK NFD

Woke up with headache and cough again, so spent morning in bed. Got up and baked a quick gf oat/yogurt/seedy loaf with extra seeds to increase protein content – mix of pumpkin, linseed, sunflower and chia. Only took 20 mins inc washing up but wiped so went back to bed to recover. Got up to eat some bread and – yum! The house smells wonderful & it’s so tempting – came here to post for accountability and to avoid a blow out.

Pleased that I sensibly added avocado, baby plum tomatoes and an egg to the second portion – a much greater sense that i’m FULL,have had a substantial late lunch and don’t need to go back for more. 200g bread is c500 calories of carb & carbtastic tum will be back in the 3rd trimester tomorrow 🙁 But I’ve thought and stopped which feels Very Grown Up, esp for a PJ day. I’ll slice & freeze the last 800g when it’s cooled and that’ll be the dragon into the freezer – hopefully stretching to a couple of weeks again.

Weighed 144lb again this morning, testimony to the fact that weight goes up and down a little behind our behaviour. My bread fest results will follow me to the scales in a few days, and that’s OK. If I’m going to eat bread I either have to live with the consequences or balance it out with something else in my routine. Or not eat bread, which feels unthinkable atm 😀

@merryapple your clothes sound fabulous! How cool to be buying designer clothes on ebay for an arty trip to London 🙂 I wish you a wonderful time

@rainbowsmile that doesn’t sound so good to me. I hope you are OK? xxx

@at Sorry you’re still missing in action after that awful-sounding bug hit hard – hope you feel better very soon x

@beththenew 1″ off the waist is an achievement worth celebrating – well done!

@anna6 hope you have a lovely afternoon and picnic 🙂

@ccco good to hear from you – and good luck with your WFD

@happymargo how wonderful not to have put on weight during that trip – clearly you are doing all the right things for you! 🙂

@dingping fishfingers, tea and cake sounds like a great Friday evening with friends 🙂 Hope you have a good FD today

@daffodil2010 sounds like an amazing holiday 🙂

@snowflake56 huge congratulations on your fantastic acheivement of 6B2Bs – wow!!

Time to go drink lots of water to help my body cope with all that bread. And plan ahead for tomorrow so I can be as well-rested and relaxed as can be. Wishing you all the weekend you need x

Got a thorough soaking on my delivery today….rained all the time. Completed the whole round plus the extra bit we have to do (of another round) for the first time since my foot trouble. Someone else who did it using a step-app said it is about 23,000 steps!
    I have been asked if I want to sing in the choir for the up-coming confirmation Mass. The trouble is, all three rehearsals are when I’m at work on Saturdays….2pm. What do these people do all day? sigh…

USA Day 22 WFD
    Second Post

Just checking in to keep me on track with my water fast! So far so good but it’s the evenings that really get me! It seems that when I am tired, I can’t stick to anything! 🙁 In any case, after watching the fashion shows during New York City’s fashion week, I am determined not to buy new clothes until I get to where I want to be!! I will check in again later when I know I am betting weaker in my resolve!!! LOL

Day 22
    3rd post

Slow day here, seem to be clock watching, but staying focussed.
    Willing all Saturday fasters on.

@ccco – stay strong you can do it!

@snowflake56 – not have you only been fasting all week (congratulations nearly there) but sounds like you’ve been a very busy bee, you’re gonna have a lot of empty spaces on those shelves! 5,000 books sounds quite a collection, most impressive. If you had to choose one from a burning building which would it be?

@happymargo – you’ve got it sussed!

@anna6 – is it just a coincidence but you seem to have Florentine steak on my FD’s, I can smell the juices and almost taste…. just not fair, hope you enjoyed one for me!

@ciren2 – sounds miserable in the rain. Do you have one of those wheelie trolleys? Hate to think you’re doing all those steps with a heavy load as well. Shuch a shame you can’t commit to the rehearsals for the choir.

@michelinme – very spoilt with homemade fish fingers, some may call them goujons, but to me they are fingers!! Lovely just catching up with dear old friends and well worth the extra delicious calories.
    Hope your pj day is ultimately restorative.

Have a good evening everyone.

Ta x

Day 22, Guildford UK, CFD

Since the weirdly cracking ankle it has been much better. Physio said my body has ‘adjusted’ apparently a good thing. So no fear I am fine.

I still have poor prioproreception and balance (not a good thing).

Last night was miserable and left alone (I usually dance) and had a gin. Not a good thing as it was a very very large one indeed. So this morning was tough.

Today I treated myself to pasta With tomato and vegetables. I am a sinner. So today was a CFD and not 16:8. In my grumpy state I am slippppppping.

So tomorrow I am starting the 8 week blood diet, it’s safe to cut calories now. I bought the book.

That means 8 weeks of 800 cals using 16:8. If any Newcombers (as it is for starters or restarters) or if you want to join me on that challenge then please do even if only for a few days, I am determined to crack this weight gain and hit target 1 on schedule.

So tomorrow I begin. This means lots of H20 which wont usually be me….. I am more a coffee drinker.

It’s MFD for 8 weeks. Hold me to it.

I have the bit between my teeth to get rid of HP moustache tummy by Xmas. So fed up with tortoising and undoing a whole year of weight loss!

@anna6 you are absolutely banned from such yummy food.

#londonmeetup# is on the cards, I am enthused about it. @michelinme trust that is ok?

@snowflake56 I can’t imagine how much work 5000 books are. Wow.

@ccco evenings are quite tough WFD, that’s why I ‘cheat’ and go from 7pm to 7 pm! But i do b2b often. Now college has started and I can drive, rehab and studies occupy my time. Its easy peasy on dance days because who can dance on a full tummy? And the day following dance day is early night day. If that makes sense?

@ciren2 I am sad you can’t sing with your choir. I do so worry about your poor feet.

@merryapple your choices sound so lovely, especially funky and silky. So sassy…… thank you for indulging me in wardrobe choices, I love it.

@beththenew 1 inch is fantastic! And every inch makes a big difference to how clothes fit. And of course you are ‘wasting that waist!

@songbirdme it’s funny how ice cream screams! It clearly doesn’t like being in a freezer!

@happymargo happy birthday🍦🍡🍧🥂🍸🍷🍾

@daffodil2010 sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy your well earned holiday! Let loose

So with that saying I am committing to 800 cals on the MFD tomorrow.

Mari

3rd post

@dingping only the British, Irish and American novels are upstairs, they have to go downstairs, the bookcases will have to go. We need the walls to hang old botanical drawings on, we have them for ages, still in a box. Staying busy helps a lot when fasting. My absolut favourite book is a children’s novel by a Dutch author, Willy Corsari, it’s called “Circuskind” (circuschild). One of my cousins gave it to me. DH has over 500 cookbooks, my Dad often got him a cookbook when travelling, we have a few weird ones. Do you have a favourite book? I’m glad I can have a normal meal tomorrow, I want to chew and not just drink.

Day 22
    4th post

Still slow here….

Oh my @snowflake56 I asked you a hard question but I don’t think I can answer it myself. As a child I liked reading 101 Dalmatians by Dodie Smith I read it over and over again. As a teenager at school we were made to read Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte which I loved, it probably helped that Kate Bush was in the charts with her song version at the time so it added to the romanticism. There are too many after that…. books follow you through your life, like music.
    OH is a journalist and of course his ambition is to write once the day job is done and dusted. They say we all have a book in us!
    I now imagine you living in a tall old house with all the walls covered in art and books and interesting objects everywhere!

@rainbowsmile – I just have to hear the schhhh opening of the tonic water and ice plonking into a glass and I want a G&T! Between you and @anna6 you are really testing me!
    Good luck with your 8 week personal challenge, will be good to hear your feedback and analysis on how it’s going.

Goodnight all.

4th post

@dingping the house is from 1956, so not old. The one before this one was older, from 1894 with a ceiling height of 3.95 meters, it’s the most beautiful house we’ll ever had have. I also loved “I capture the castle” from Dodie Smith. “Wuthering Heights” is a great book and I love the film with Laurence Olivier and Merle Oberon, so dramatic. You’re right, we don’t have a boring house, children love it, most adults are not so sure about that.

Sleep well everyone!

5th post
    @snowflake56 – ‘I write this sitting in the kitchen sink…’ brilliant!

I love old B&W movies, that’s a great classic. My all time favourite film for watching on a cold winters day with tea and cake, and a roaring fire is Gone with the Wind.

It’s a shame I couldn’t google anything in English re Circuskind.

Your home I’m sure is fab. Until recently we had a beautiful Edwardian house in the London suburbs which I loved doing up, we spent 20 happy years there. Looking forward to our next project which I’m sure will be very different.

Ta ta for now.

Day 22 Canada NFD
    How quickly is this month passing by!
    Will read the posts latter tonight.

Day 22 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Enjoyed making and especially eating some LC pancakes with strawberries and some stevia syrup. I got a new Keto cookbook, Simply Keto by Suzanne Ryan. I tried a couple of salmon dishes earlier. Yummy after 4 LFDs. @snowflake56 – on LFDs I have water, coffee (with a little cream or nut milk), herbal tea (hot or iced) and an occasional cup of broth.

On books and such @dingping – I too love Gone with the Wind. I read it first and then went to the movies with a girlfriend back in 10th grade. We were terrible as we kept whispering to each other about how the movie was different than the book. Still enjoyed both.

@daffodil2010 – touring the Spanish countryside sounds great. I can’t believe what hot weather you are experiencing there.

@happymargo – Happy early birthday! You did great eating away from home and exercising. Sounds like you had the right mix.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend! I’m off to a combination Sweet 16 party with a Batmitzvah.

Day 22, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Busy day: Walking my dog, grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s, donating books to the university music library, hiking, late lunch at the Natural History Museum, now cleaning and preparing the fire place.

@happymargo: Happy Birthday!🎂🍾🎈

Happy Fall/Summer Equinox! 😊😊😊

Day 22 – USA – NFD

Daffodil2010, love your posts…living vicariously through them! Never been to Spain, but have a friend living in Nerja and will have to save my pennies to see her! HappyMargo, happy early birthday! Good for you with the stable weight! @rainbowsmile, glad something positive happened with your ankle…saw an article about how eating twice cooked pasta lowers its glycemic index. I normally don’t do pasta as I am LCHF. If I do have it every few months, I’ll eat Dreamfields, but it’s more expensive. I experimented with regular pasta last week, cooking it once and reheating it the next day with tomato sauce. I did not have the palpitations and sweating that I would normally have with regular starchy pasta. Food for thought.

Day 22 Minnesota, USA NFD 7:30PM

I am enjoying my one day a week (doing @anna6‘s system, that once a week I may eat over TDEE). A couple (or three) glasses of wine, some soft, very lovely, goat cheese and basil pesto on low cal crackers. I don’t feel like ruining my whole month’s efforts at this time, and I’m sincerely hoping that I don’t go to the usual huge amount of cheese after drinking wine. Also, I’m trying to keep in mind that if I drink another glass of wine tonight, tomorrow I will be abnormally hungry. That is how wine/alcohol affects me. It is so much easier to lose weight without alcohol intake.

Tomorrow, I will read all of the last two pages of posts and I will try to respond to most.

This morning when I weighed I was down from August 14 weight by 7.4 lbs! Very happy. By my annual physical the first week of October, I hope to lose 2 more pounds. Then I will be in healthy BMI (just).
    I can’t fool my doctor that I’ve been healthy for the last year, but at least now with this weight loss, I feel I can make a case for being on the right track and that I will be continuing .

Best of luck to everyone and be kind to yourselves.

Day 23 FD, Australia.
    I missed doing a FD this last week, but still lost .5kg, so am doing 3 this week to make up for it. I’m looking forward to weigh-in on the last day & the next challenge.
    Kicking off today’s pocket list at 10.40 am with a very noisy stomach, that now doesn’t bother me in the slightest.
    @cateaus

Day 22 – USA – NFD

Had a blood test and was told my calcium and “bad” cholesterol levels are higher than normal; everything else is okay. I read somewhere that with LCHF, cholesterol levels are initially higher, but not sure about the source of the calcium. I eat cheese daily and regular whole milk, and was eating 2 eggs per day. Wonder if that did it? Anyone else on LCHF have the same experience or read up on anything about it?

Day 21 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 20 —- NFD

Went out to dinner with friends Friday night and then we took in a movie. It was a late night so didn’t get a chance to report in. Definitely ate a LOT of dessert.

Today (Saturday) I kept my added sugars to less than 30 g, so it was back to the practice. It was fairly busy — did my weekly grocery shopping, which this week involved only driving about 35 mi (56 km), and then spent most of the day looking at online apps for how to price my house for selling. The variability in estimates different websites give is amazing!

Hope you all had a great first day of autumn!

Day 23, Guildford UK, MFD (800 16:8) 1 of 56 BSD

Now is a good time, now is a very good time.

My next dance opportunity is the beginning of November (broadly 8 weeks). I have started college and am rehab my ankle (for weakness and proprioreception.

So this is my accountability place and one of the most loving supportive places I have ever known. I may drive everyone crazy with information and ask for imaginative recipes from everyone. Especially @anna6.

Started my bone broth next batch. I think I would like a second slow cooker for vegetable soup, I love my slow cookers. My parents always used a pressure cooker, so maybe that might be a choice? Haven’t used a pressure cooker since the big explosion incident of 1986. Which blew a hole in the ceiling and took many years of cauliflower clearing. It went everywhere. Maybe it’s bias and fear. Time to change?

I am so excited to begin this new challenge, I am still doing modified 30DS don’t know how effective that would be.

@metatauta i am afraid I don’t know much about calcium but it’s interesting, how can there be too much in the blood? I wonder how we can find out? This seems important to know.

@cateaus joining you on today’s fast. @dingping means mandatory Saturdays For the next 8 weeks.

@northerndawn I love goats cheese it was recommended for healing so now I use that and goats butter. I eat less goats stuff as it’s so satisfying in flavour.

@redrockgirl302 sounds like a lovely day.

@annemarilyn love the sound of low carb pancakes what was the book? The recipe?

@matpi good luck on the house sale.

Favourite book? Perfume by John Suskin, it’s the only book I know that stimulates smells. As a child I loved Bleak House (a murder mystery) and Northanger Abbey (another mystery). Must be my odd brain.

I am back to MFP for the first time in many years, don’t know if I even know my login. I have an old phone with it on so I will see if I can logon. From memory it’s better on logging food than fitbit. I had an old fitbit linked to both, I still have that somewhere too. I can’t remember who uses MFP but I recollect adding it to the abbreviations list, so I think it was @at? Where are you @at?

Pocket list day 23

@cateaus
    @rainbowsmile 1 of 56 MFD

Happy Sunday

Mari

@Bethanew congrats on your 1inch. I am hoping the times my scale loss slows down is the time my autophagy (cell repair) is speeding up, and with that, tightening of loose skin. Your body seems to be saying that, and I have seen a few others post similar experiences. We have to trust the process, easy for me to say when I haven’t hit my plateau yet🙄. Feel free to remind me of this post when I do 😊.

@metatauta you are right calcium in the blood stream is not great. I listened to a Radio 4 program a few years ago, a researcher sharing his findings on the question ‘Is cow’s milk good for us’. There has been a lot of evidence saying it isn’t and beliefs about calcium from cows milk seem to be unsubstatiated. I cannot remember the full details, but the upshot was, we need magnesium to absorb calcium. We need the right ratio. Because cows milk was designed (as with all mammals) for their offspring, it is not suitable or healthy for humans. The ratio of calcium to magnesium is the wrong way round by a long shot, the result being it ‘leeches’ calcium from our bones. I have read this in a few other studies, but none that I can lay my hands on right now (as I say, this was years ago). Apparently in countries where they do not consume animal milk as part of their diet osteoporosis (bone thinning) is unknown, only in milk consuming countries (The China Study). Apparently we are the only mammals to drink milk past infancy (when we can apparently break down the proteins), and we do it from another species. I had already given up cows milk by then, and never suffered another chest infection, whereas they had started becomming the norm for me. Even my colds resolved quicker (48 hours). The pivotal point for me was when the interviewer asked the researcher if he would advise people to give up cows milk consumption, he was cautious and said, no, but would advise people to be aware of the risks. Then the interviewer asked if the researcher still drinks milk, and he answered he never touches the stuff anymore😮.

@snowflake I tried to use the Konmari method of sorting my books (don’t have quite as many as you though), and I still ended up with a huge pile😏. My new rule is, I cannot buy a new one till one old ine is gone, or else I have to use the library. But then my partner bought me a Gin recipe book(looks like I am in good company with my choice of tipple😉) and for my birthday I got a study book I had been wanting, the other books are all resolutely standing their ground and have made it known they have no problem me laying my new books on top of them if I need the space.

I am ins0ired by your 6b2b’s, was this 500cals for 6 days?
    In my first week of my new challenge things are going well. I have done 2 cd’s and it feels great having the control. Happy Sunday everyone 🖐.

Jo

Day 23 Madeira NFD

Well, we’ve spent the last few days touring the island. One of the main things that strikes me is the amazing use of space. The island itself is very mountainous, slightly reminiscent of South Island NZ but the mountains aren’t as tall. The typical red roofed houses are perched precariously right up even the higher, remote slopes and the locals use their outside space to grow crops rather than have a garden. Banana trees, vines, passion fruit trees, and the usual fruits grow in abundance, along with squash, cabbages and other crops. Every square foot is used for cultivation and the terraces extend high into the mountains where you’d think it was only suitable for a mountain goat! Such a beautiful island. Lucky you @rainbowsmile to have an apartment here. Do you get to come often?

I’m going now to catch up on posts.
    Back to reality tomorrow evening and the wet Northern Irish weather and then climbing back into the bandwagon. Despite only having a couple of blowout days and being mindful the rest, my shorts feel a little tight. And oh! My new love is passion fruit soufflé! The first time I tasted it I thought I’d died and gone to heaven! Mmmmm, maybe that’s why my waist and is a little tight?

Have a good one everyone.

@happymargo: Have a great day today, your birthday xx So glad you enjoyed your family holiday in Indiana, bonus: no weight gain!
    @rainbowsmile: Happy Days for you, your ankle is getting better and you will dance at the Ball!! I’m more sure that (slowly) my foot is on the road to recovery. I did a full duty on the deliveries yesterday, well over four hours of brisk walking.This is the most I’ve done for many months. Next week I’m off, so can ease up.
    @dingping: No I don’t use a trolley, we have a van each at our office,and block the rounds, so we carry the mail in our hands to walk each road, or part-road.The trolleys are awful…worse than Tescos!
    I’m going to find out more about the choir event today. Maybe I will already know the music so can get away without going to the Saturday rehearsals. Who knows…?

Day 23, London, UK, FD,

Quick check-in, the weather has turned (I’ve had to turn the lights on at 10am!!!) and is depressing to say the least!!!! I’m feeling the urge to crawl back into bed with a good book (my favourite; for this decade anyway! is Peter A. Flannery – First and Only)

I’m allowing myself a 7-800cal FD today, after yesterdays’ sugar fuelled children’s B’day party, I think it’s what I need ………………… and can manage!!!!

@happymargo , well done on maintaining in the face of yummy food & Very Happy Birthday, I suppose you’ll just HAVE to continue indulging for just one …….. more ……….. day!!!! Enjoy!!!

“Whatever the problem is, the answer is not in the fridge”

Day 23, Emden Germany, NFD

Good morning everyone!

@happymargo Happy Birthday!

@annemarilyn we seem to drink the same on LFDs, the chicken stock is my saviour. I leave a bit of fat after coking, the fat on lips and in the mouth satisfies me.

@rainbowsmile doing the BSD sounds like a very good plan, it’s doable.

@dingping did you sell the house and found a new one? Can your OH leave London, being a journalist?

@matpi good luck with the selling of your house, did you buy an other one or are you selling first and buy later?

@fasterjo I could easily get rid of a lot of books, the husband is the difficult one. I started sorting out the children’s books, only the ones I bought. When he saw the pile he looked at every one of them, it made me so angry that he only took two of them. At the moment I’m only working on my books.

My 6 day fast is over, I’m glad I can eat again. It went very well, but it was a long stretch. Here’s what I ate after a salt- and wineoverloaded weekend. I had 3 LFDs and 3 FDs with under 500 cal (I think). No problems with energie levels or brain function. My BP was bouncing up and down, so that was the only negative thing, but I can handle that one.

Day 1: weight 61,5 kg, weak coffee, hot water with lime.

Day 2: weight 58.8 kg, 2 cups of home made chicken stock without chicken meat. Salmon, spinach, onion, garlic, olive oil and a bit of butter.

Day 3: weight 58.3 kg, 2 cups of chicken stock, a too large bowl stir fry vegetables with a bit of chicken from the stock, olive oil.

Day 4, weight 58.3 kg, 2 cups of chicken stock

Day 5, weight 57.6, small bowl of carrot/apple salad with lime and stevia. A small bowl of yoghurt and berries. White and green asparagus with a poached egg and a bit of butter.

Day 6, weight 57.1, asparaguswater and 1 cup of chicken broth.

Day 7, weight 56.2 kg.

It looks like a great loss, but most of it was fluid retention and food in transit. I’ll see how the rest of the month will go. I’ll have to reduce my portion sizes, no need to eat 1 kg of grapes a few times a week, a lot less should be enough. But they taste so good at the moment.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Day 23 UK NFD

Sorry I haven’t checked in for a few days. I’ve not been feeling very sociable. I have continued with my 30DS though. Fast day tomorrow and hopefully I will have shooed away my little rain cloud that I seem to have acquired recently.

Wishing you all a fab Sunday and see you all tomorrow.

@snowflake, thanks so much for the breakdown, sounds like a tough week. Blimming heck is all that comes to mind. I have done a FD, CD, CD, and today is eating in my TDEE. Yesterday I really wanted to fast, but I felt awful and really really hungry (not the type that comes and goes, the type that comes and gets stronger and stronger and you start to lose the ability to focus, feeling weak and foggy brained. I may need to work up to it, but for now, your week is my #fastinggoals. Good to hear you maintained energy (this is my biggest concern as I need to be focussed and on the ball at work) I may try a b2b Friday and Saturday, and then can extend to Sunday. It really is insane when you start tracking your calories and start to get honest with yourself. This morning I had a breakfast which I thought was not too overboard, scrambled eggs, mackrel, avocado and pumpernickle bread. Add onto that the 2 cups of coffee and my banana I had very early this morning, and I am over 1 000cals already 😟. We are due to go out for lunch, so I am going to have to make some very wise choices to remain under 1 800. Before I would have had a really nice lunch, with pudding and a small meal tonight. Calorie awareness is the aim of my game at present. I don’t think all that can be water weight surely? With you being so low cal, your body would have had to ‘snack on the fat’ as Dr Berg says.

Thanks, I appreciate you answering ky question.
    Jo

Day 23, UK, NFD

No time at all this weekend, work is calling and many things to do before and after work 😓 . My last weigh in was more or less the same, so I’m happy with that 🙂

@happymargo Happy Birthday! 🎂 🍾 I hope you have a wonderful day 🤗

@rainbowsmile happy to hear your foot is better 💃 , thats really great! But please take it easy, its still early days 🙂

I must go now but hope to catch up and post more later 🙂

Have a great day everyone 🌸

USA Day 23 FD

Congratulations SnowFlake56! That’s a lot of successful B2Bs!

Trying another FD today but not a water fast. Yesterday was successful! Have a great day, everyone!

Day 23, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Snowflake56 I try to plan but sometimes I’m gaining and losing the same kilo. I’m really impressed by your six day fast. It’s fantastic and I’d like to try it even for a few days instead of six. Well done! Incidentally I have about 250 cookbooks.

Micelinme I enjoyed yesterday’s afternoon with my OH in the countryside. My OH didn’t want the nutty cereal bar and I didn’t eat mine either.

Rainbowsmile make your WOL yummy too. It works better in the long run. I hope your foot is well again.

Dingping I love 💕 Florentine steak too. Sorry about it being your fd. Try it too from time to time.

Today i woke up at 7.00 o clock. I first made and baked apple almond crumble and then prepared the oriental poussins. I baked the poussins and served them with jasmine rice with garlic, turmeric, cumin, chicken stock, cinnamon and olive oil (actually the recipe called for butter but I used extra virgin olive oil instead). I served the apple almond crumble with scoops of ice cream.
    I had two glasses of Italian asti wine with the meal.

This evening I’ll just take a yogurt.

Tomorrow Is a fd for me.

Have a great Sunday dear friends of this WOL.

Happymargo happy birthday 🎁🎉 I hope you have fun.

Day 23 USA – MFD

I’m joining @rainbowsmile in a MFD today. I also cannot remember who did that abbreviation, but it’s good for me too. I think mine will be about 800-1000 calorie in one meal. Hope you get your log-on to MFP to work. Mine says I have logged in ever day for about 650 days. Yeah!

I slept until 8:40 this morning – can’t remember when I last did that! Must be the change in the weather that was good for my body.

@happymargo – “Happy birthday, dear Margo ♫♪♫♪ happy birthday to you!” May it be a terrific day!

Onward and downward.

Day 23 Florida

NFD today. Stayed the same. Which is good as I didn’t get much walking in last week. Tried on some fall clothes and was able to get in them 🙂 In fact, a couple was too big. So, will keep on trodding down the road.
    Have a great Sunday.

Day 23, Rocky Mountains, US, MFD

Taking the puppy for a walk, then doing some house chores, afterwards calling my elderly father as I do every Sunday. Traveling to Austria to see him in about a month! Food is prepared for today: Grilled organic chicken breast, broccoli and lots of cauliflower, nuts and the last of my Italian plums.

Have a great Sunday everyone! 🌼🌻🌺

Day 23 NC USA NFD
    Got a pair af size 16 pants that fit down from my usual size 18! I do have the size 14 jeans that fit but they are stretchy.

Day 23 UK NFD

Yesterday was way under TDEE despite epic bread fest 🙂 Drinking 3.5l water clearly helped my body (if not my sleeping!) bc this morning no carbtastic tum and no weight gain. The no carbtastic tum is the surprising thing for me – Wonder if it’s bc the bread is v seedy?

Today was cake to celebrate lovely friends’ 25th wedding anniversary and they’d made a gf vegan cake especially for peeps like me so I had two small squares. Amazingly I seem to have trained my brain away from white flour and sugar, so not tempted by the offer to take some home. Popped into supermarket on the way up the hill and picked up tempting Sunday supplies – two boxes of baby tomatoes, bag of clementines, ff yogurt and a bunch of bananas – so feeling v pleased with myself 😀

Tonight’s supper is cauliflower with baked camembert – i’ve had it in the fridge as a treat for ages, and this seems like the day. Tho may opt out and eat vegan bites with cauliflower and peas instead. Determined to go into tomorrow’s WFD with a sense of having enjoyed my Sunday – the bread is v thinly sliced and safely frozen 😀

Hoping to chuck a chutney together to use up the last of the autumn supplies, then block a couple of wraps I’ve knitted for friends’ birthdays. The birthdays were both this week but I was SO tired it just didn’t happen. Planning an early night to get a good start to the week too, so my evening may well be chutney jarring and supper prep, then wind down with an audio book.

I got quite fed up last night trying on warmer clothes. Almost all the clothes which now fit me have problems of some sort or another. There are dresses I can now get into for the first time in years but the neckline falls off my shoulders. Trousers that now hang strangely bc my bum has shrunk, but also ride up bc fit differently elsewhere. These are things where i love the material or the colour or the cut but they simply don’t work for me any more 🙁 Some of my faves that i’d had taken in over the summer are now so big they simply swim, bc altho my weight is nearly the same my shape has changed a fair bit.

I’m not awash with dosh for buying new everything but going to have to stock up on a few basics, beginning with fitting for bras! i’d been delaying bc my body is still changing – and short of time – but may have to carve it in there, somehow. It’s foundational!

@rainbowsmile I’d love to meet up in London! I’ve got a countdown til my conference weekend in 3 wks, then LOTS of time & capacity 🙂 So glad your foot is feeling better, and v best of luck with your long fasting journey. I’ll be v glad to join you for a few days.

@happymargo happy birthday, hope you are having a lovely day 🙂

@debster251 Madeira and your holiday sound wonderful. Good luck with the transition back into regular life x

@snowflake56 sounds like an amazing feat, and a huge amount of weight lost in one week! Hope the month end brings a good result for you

@ccco well done on your WFD yesterday; hope today goes well too!

@fasterjo Once you’ve got the hang of planning FDs, getting to grips with CDs/NFDs is the key to sustainability. Worth remembering it’s about building a way of life, unpicking the habits of years, growing new knowledge and patterns & changing relationship with food. It takes a while bc it’s a process rather than an event. Go gently, find what works for you, rinse & repeat

@sarahbob good to hear from you – hope you have a good day today

@ciren2 hope singing for the choir event works out for you – amazing the way singing touches parts other things can’t reach 🙂

OK – off to chop chutney and pin merino for the next few hours – wishing you all a wonderful Sunday evening 🙂

Day 23 – Spain 🇪🇸-NFD

Quick check in. Have read everyone’s posts and really impressed with all the B2B’s, inches lost, clothes not fitting…..September seems to be a good month.

As for me…well I am sitting on the deck and it’s warm as the sun is setting here in the Costa Dorada, and a glass of local white wine to hand. Only a few more days left so going to enjoy it, as I believe the first zero C temperature is due tonight in Ireland 😕

Second post

So today

Bacon and tomato for breakfast
    Cappuccino

Meal replacement shake with berries made with water
    Small handful almonds

Big bowl of bone broth tomato and green veg soup
    Chicken added 3 oz
    Yogurt drink

Cals 789 say 800

6 big glasses of water

Body pump 55 min and spin 45 min

Feed window 9 till 5

Blood sugar am 5.2 ketones none (P stick)
    Blood sugar pm 4.8 ketones none (P stick)

🍅🍗🥓☕🍶

Mari

Day 24 Auckland FD

78.5kg this morning. I have completely sorted out only half the rooms in our house now. It’s worse than moving because everything has been in a confined space in our damp climate. If it’s not covered in plaster or paint dust then it’s mouldy. I’m having a giant spring clean. Was hoping against hope to get everything finished before we leave including going through the book cases. I was going to donate my academic books to the university fine arts library but some bean counter has taken it upon themselves to downsize and amalgamate the music, art and architecture libraries into the general library so they are getting rid of books, which beggars belief… I donated the old kitchen appliances to our local Shore bird trust at Miranda. There will be plenty more to go when I get back not the least being clothes that I’ve hung onto in case I lose weight and then you do and they don’t look or fit quite like you remember them… Here’s to de cluttering!

@flourbaby Thanks for the heads up on the London weather!

Starting up the the Monday Pocket List!
    @merryapple

Day 23 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Brrr definitely feeling like fall inside but haven’t turned on the heat yet. I need to check out getting some firewood as I do have a fireplace that could take the chill off in my new house.

@rainbowsmile – Simply Keto is the book by Suzanne Ryan. Recipe is Olivia’s Cream Cheese Pancakes. They were quite yummy!

@ciren2 – I hope the participating in the music works out for you. In makes me think that I want to check what’s available choir wise where I now live. I’ve taken part in a few wonderful community choirs, but it’s been a while. @songbirdme is involved in her part of the world. We’re making music around the world!

@snowflake56 – yes, the chicken broth is definitely satisfying. I’ve recently bought some chicken pieces to use in making a bone broth. The cooler it gets the better it sounds. Plus while doing LFDs I find my hands get especially cold so it’s nice to nurse a warm beverage in a nice warm mug – warming the insides plus my hands.

I just realized my birthday is next Wednesday. I had my fasting schedule figured out, forgetting on which day my birthday landed. Will need to reconfigure my plans.

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Still Day 23 – @at I see you must be around the ridges as you’re keeping the spreadsheet updated. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Day 23– Colorado USA— NFD

Woke up at my normal 4:00am. On a Sunday…Booooo! But quickly turned it around to a nice morning: walkies with my doggy, then knocked out my 100 Moves weight-lifting & treadmill HIIT sprints. Showered & gussied up for a yummy breakfast out. Yes…I even ate my 2 buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup!! 🥞🥓🍳

Then off to the Denver Zoo to celebrate a fun birthday with my DH. 🦁🦓🐯🐘🐧🦒Awesomeness!!

After a brief rest at home, we’ll go out for Mexican dinner. We’re already planning to split a fried ice cream (no chocolate, but drizzled with honey!).

Such a wonderful, decadent, fun birthday!

(PS: I’m trying to catch up with pages & pages of posts…. but it’s also Book Club this week. So I’m falling behind with you all. Will def be reading up on you all for motivation & strength during my 3 FD this week. I promise!)

Viewing 50 posts - 801 through 850 (of 1,074 total)

You must be logged in to reply.